Making a Pit stop

John Smith

Making a Pit stop

Post by John Smith »

The Pit is an interesting place. Full of variety, it seems to be a place where characters of all types come to mix. A smoky haze overs over the pit as Off duty ISS grunts stand right beside drug smugglers as they cheer on an place bets on the fight going on in the central ring. Hardworking men and women trying to keep on the straight an narrow come to drown their sorrows, and even the occasional Humanoid D-bee, usually with a hat pulled down low or scarf wrapped up tight, can be seen and tolerated, mostly, among the crowd. At a number of tables various games of skill are played for both low and high stakes, and even the games of chance are really a test of skill and how well one player can cheat.

Describe an encounter your character has either during the time the crew is at the pit before going to the junkyard or that the character has previously had. You could even describe a scene that doesn't take place at the Pit, as long as the pit plays a significant role in the story.
Joey aka: Fat Joey
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Making a Pit stop

Post by Joey aka: Fat Joey »

Fighting [dice:2m8sh10d]55323:0[/dice:2m8sh10d]
wild [dice:2m8sh10d]55323:2[/dice:2m8sh10d]

Nerves of Steel (HJ): May ignore 1 point of wound
Danger Sense (Cyber): Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs / If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73). JIC Notice [dice:2m8sh10d]55323:1[/dice:2m8sh10d]

Joey gets his beer and watches the fights for a bit. With a wicked grin, he cracks his neck and hauls his considerable bulk over to the guy doing all the talking. ”I will take a shot. What do I need to know?” While he waits for an answer, he uses his radio. ”Guys, i am gonna get in the ring. I need to blow off some steam. Can someone come watch my six and my stuff?”
Zeke Walker

Post by Zeke Walker »

Chi-Town/Level 4/Ralph’s Wreckage
Night
Round 0

Zeke was rather new to the Pit. Sure, he’d known where and what it was, but it wasn’t a place he spent any time until he joined the crew. As they whiled away the time before the meet that night, Zeke slowly nursed a beer. He wasn’t really a drinker, being so young. He was feeling a bit lightheaded and...happy.

Suddenly someone pushed Zeke back in his seat and plopped into hls lap. Zeke found himself staring at an impressive set of cleavage that glittered in the low lights of the Pit.

“Who’s your friend, Magnus?” the young woman purred. “He’s so young!” She pushed her hands into Zeke’s hair, and he swallowed. Her perfume was pretty strong.

“Uh-Uh, I’m, uh, Zeke,” he managed to get out.

“Well, Zeke. I’m Diamond Dust,” she introduced herself. Indeed, it looked like she had bathed in glitter. It was in her platinum blonde hair and hung from her long, dark lashes over pale blue eyes. “Want me ta show you a good time?”

Zeke suddenly found his mouth dry and quickly took a drink of his beer. “I, uh…” Any words he might have said fled his brain when all the blood rushed south as she kissed him.

Zeke looked at the others almost fearfully when Diamond Dust dragged him by the hand toward the stairs and the private rooms.

Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 16 (7)
PPE: 20/20 (with shotgun: 30/30)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 10/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 16 (7)
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 25/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 10/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)
Kaelin

Post by Kaelin »

"Gonna go fer a walk." Kaelin announced, getting up from where she'd been sitting and heading down from the balcony where the crew had holed up. She wasn't planning to go far, just round the club so that the rest of the gang were close to hand should trouble arise. Despite the vast differences, the Pit reminded her, in a strange way, of home. There'd been pit fights, either in grotty old warehouses or grubby pub cellars, back where she came from. She'd never been interested in the fights, though the crowds proved to be rich pickings for coins and other valuable items.

As she moved through the crowd in the Pit she found it hard to resist the temptation to 'relieve' some of the patrons of the contents of their pockets, but resist she did...only just. It was her trying to keep her fingers to herself when she got caught off-guard by the a surge in the crowd as it cheered the current fight in the ring, it was enough to knock her over and send her hat flying. Panicking, she scrambled for the hat to grab it quickly before she lost it. She'd gotten her hand on it when another hand reached for it, looking up Kaelin found herself face-to-face with an ISS officer.

The two stared at one another before the crowd roared and cheered again, this time Kaelin was quicker on the mark and grabbed her hat before disappearing into the crowd. She made sure to put some distance between her and the ISS officer before retreating back up to the balcony where the crew were still lounging. She cursed herself for being so careless, but decided to keep quiet as it would probably caused even more trouble if she tried explaining things to the crew.

Problem was, the officer had gotten a good look at her.
Main Account: Stormwell
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Magnus laughs and tosses a credit chip at Diamond as she drags Zeke off.

"Don't break him, Diamond, I don't think he knows how to ride! Kid, make sure she shows you how to 'pan for gold.' Assuming you live through this one, the next lady you meet will thank you."

When Joey suggests getting in the ring, Magnus downs the rest of his drink and tosses the glass over his shoulder, not particularly caring who he hits with it.

"You know, I think I'll join you, Joey. Gimme a minute and I'll see what kind of odds I can rustle up," Magnus says, disappearing below to find a bookie.

Five minutes later, Magnus has arranged for a pick-up fight with a quartet of skinhead Dead Boy washouts, all spoiling for a fight after a shift in the waste-processing plant.

"We're fighting 2-to-1, but I got 3-to-1 odds, so we're ahead!" he says, slapping Joey on the back and taking a position with his back to the Dog Boy's.

Two of the skinheads prove to be unskilled knucklehead who go down quickly, one flying out of the ring after a roundhouse from Magnus and the other breaking multiple bones on the wrong end of Joey's fist.

The other two -- a big one and a quick one -- take a little more work, and get some goods licks in of their own. The big one finally goes down after an ill-advised head-butting match with Magnus. The quick one hangs around a bit longer, until Joey gets a hand on him and wraps him up into a bone-snapping bear hug.

"You're a natural, my furry friend," Magnus says as blood drips down his face from the gash on his forehead. "Want to have another go, or have a drink first?"
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d10
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 20 (6); Strain: 12/16
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Elan, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Harris LaVode »

Harris watches the lad get dragged off and smiles. Maybe not as sweet a first time as he'd have had with a girl his own age and experience level, but he'd definitely learn a lot more. Then the big boys of the crew head down to fight and Harris follows to place a bet. Nothing huge, but enough to buy a couple rounds if they won. It was more about backing them really than any impulse to bet. On his way down he bumps into an old acquaintance from the force working the crowd and looking for folks with outstanding warrants. Warrant duty, or bribe patrol as it was unofficially called, was a prize for the flatfeet of the lower level precincts. The opportunity to shake down some low level scum for petty cash was often the first step in making the officers of the ISS the upstandingly crooked men and women they mostly were.

"Hey Collins, how's it going. Any big fish tonight?" The ex-cop asks of the current one despite knowing the idiot was scaring them off by showing up in uniform.

"Nah, I think someone tipped em off. I did see me a cute little deeb I might pick up for interrogation. She's wearing a funny hat to hide her ears, you seen her?" The officer confides with a lascivious look. He then gives a few more details of his marks dress leading Harris to think the man may be looking for Kaelin. "Before he can answer" Harris reacts to a big hit in the ongoing fight.

"Whoa!! You see that? Holy.. Wait what now about deeb?" Swaying just a little, to give an air of mild drunkeness he moves the subject. "Speaking of deebs, remember that time you and Simmons brought in that grackle who was all kinds of wasted? Took half the on duties to wrangle him in to the cell and Simmons ended up going head first in the john before it was all over. Heh.. Whatever happened to ole Simmons.. He trails off as if slowly remembering. "Oh.. yeah, he uh.. Look sorry to bring that up man. Lets have a drink, to Simmons." Harris then leads the officer to the bar to ply him with a couple of drinks before he claims to see "the deeb" slipping out a side door.
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/7 with long coat/12(5) in armor/13(5) with both
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature

Return to “Adventure Forum”