Torn Asunder Combat in the Pinnacle

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Torn Asunder Combat in the Pinnacle

Post by Daniel »

The Pinnacle Hotel Lobby Showdown or How Time Tears us all Asunder.
(Because Sammy couldn't keep the cat in the bag)
  • The events of Carlsbad Caverns were bad. Those that survived, even they are not fully individually aware of exactly what transpired. In a odd sort of prelude to disaster, many members of the Legion and Black Company were there for the Battle of Carlsbad.

It would seriously take gathering all the survivors from that day together into a room to share their individual stories to piece the day together. There was blood, death, horrors and hell pillars. Members of many factions were there, the Legion, Mercenaries, Individual Adventurers, and the Coalition States.

Sammy, Humble, Zieja (active duty CS then), Lord Coake, so many more, Cade, demons and deevils of twin hells...others who can hardly recall the events, a few now dead from recalling the whole events of the day.

One thing is for sure, a army called the Lords of Hell, overseen by a man named Cade, was the main antagonist. Most never knew his name was Cade, just that he was a devastating warrior mage in all black armor with the face of a monster. His magics twisted realities and altered minds, time and again he tore asunder his enemies, used time and space to destroy and forced others to his bidding.

A long days fight saw heroes from many callings preventing the Lords of Hell from acquiring the desired Pillars. But at a great cost. Lord Coake himself forged the many warriors of the CS and others present that day into a spear that lanced through the enemy and saw the Pillars destroyed. With unprecedented cooperation, Cade was stopped.

Stopped but not beaten. A awful Temporal Spell was unleashed on those who survived (many only physically as some lived long after but insane and mentally broken). Escaping, the man in all black armor was heard by some to say he would just gather the Pillars in the Battle of the Outskirts or from Gloom or if he had to, from Center. Gone in a flash of mentally devastating spell effects, no single persons memories of the day are quite the same...sane or otherwise.

Now, standing in the lobby of the Pinnacle Hotel Cade looks at one survivor from that day, after hearing what Libertas had to say. After Sammy imagines vividly just shooting down Cade, the cool kitty turns to walk away and Cade says:

"Sammy, I have not been there yet. I have not been to Carlsbad. That past event is my future. I tried to save Ben. I really did. No amount of Cira's influence could have stopped me from trying to save Ben."

Drake looks at Gargamel and whispers:

"I'll tell you a secret, Lord Coake, Cade and Smith Roberts are the only three individuals in existence that I know of who do not have ID selfs. I don't know how to save Cade from becoming t'Fethic...I have long wondered if it is possible..."

Ears pop, pressure on the mind of those present, and a spark of spell heralds the arrival of others. A deathly looking, vile dark charred tall man, in all black armor arrives behind Cade. Simply, not here, then here. He arrives, with him are 6 warrior mages in all black.

The creature known as t'Fethic says:

"Shut it Cade. They need not know about our queen Cira. This ends now. This loop is pathetic, I have killed you all many times in this scenario. We will simply kill you once more."

Reaching up to pull the Temporal Blade he carries, Cade says, "There is one thing different this time ... I will not help you kill them this time. Our weakness is Necrotic Magics!"

t'Fethic both manages to growl angrily, tap a button on his armor and screech, "No! Kill them all!"

The entire lobby swirls into a maelstrom of temporal oddities. As a unseen force engulfs the entire area, everyone present feels a sort of mind breaking dissociation, a mental process that causes a lack of connection in a person’s thoughts, memory and sense of identity. Mild dissociation would be like daydreaming, getting “lost” in a book, or when you are driving down a familiar stretch of road and realize that you do not remember the last several miles. This is worse, it's more like a severe form of dissociation, it feels like, within your own mind, you have a Multiple Personality Disorder, it feels like “psychogenic amnesia” (the inability to recall personally significant memories), “psychogenic fugue” (memory loss characteristic of amnesia, loss of one’s identity, and fleeing from one’s home environment), and as if in your mind you have a “multiple personality” (the person has two or more distinct personalities that alternate with one another. This is also known as “Dissociative Identity Disorder” or “Multiple Personality Disorder”). Every thought you have is argued by yourself, with yourself. Such as, I should shoot them. No don't. Yes do it. No it will destroy your mind, don't shoot. Shoot! No! Yes!

The following conditions all apply to how each of you feel as you decide how to stay alive and fight this battle:
    • Memory loss (amnesia) of certain time periods, events, people and personal information
    • A sense of being detached from yourself and your emotions
    • A perception of the people and things around you as distorted and unreal
    • A blurred sense of identity
    • Significant stress or problems in your relationships, work or other important areas of your life
    • Inability to cope well with emotional or professional stress
    • Mental health problems, such as depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts and behaviors
    As the six students of t'Fethic pull UWW (United World of Warlocks) firearms and UWW Thrasher Swords out to attack you the haze of disassociation hampers your thoughts. Act quickly, for they are coming for you!

See below Combat OOC tag for more information. t'Fethic and his cronies attack!
    6 Temporal Students with t'Fethic
    t'Fethic
    Map of Room
    Yes randomly placed you, on where you just happened to be when this all went down, you were either coming or going from teh main lobby when this happens. This way no one is left out. Image
    Combat
    Combat / Round One

Players go 1st! I pulled two cards, one for bad guys and one for good guys.

How addled is your mind?

The scene modifier for this first round of combat varies upon which you choose:

To survive this round feel free to use your bennies, the only thing I ask is no EP expended on this combat other than to buy bennies. Thank you!

1. NORMAL: You are at a -4 to Rolls (Normal Scene Modifier), from severe disassociation. Use of Power Points comes at an extra expense. Double the cost of any PP used this round. If you still roll a Success or better for this round give yourself a bennie for doing so well!

2. SUPER HARD: You are at a -6 to Rolls, from severe disassociation AND holy cow it is messing with your mind! Like a bad LSD trip (I know no one knows what that feels like...probably) things are bad for you, narrate how bad it is. At the end of round one, IF you roll a success or better, you can roll a d6 and add a die type to 1 = Agility 2 = Smarts 3 = Spirit 4 = Strength 5 = Vigor d10 6 = Add 2 to your Pace. Why you ask? because your brain chemistry and physical essence was slightly altered by the magics of t'Fethic. (Does not result in a bennie like the above option). Also roll a d6 if you get a 1 or 2 add a Minor Hindrance to your Character.

3. ADDLED AND SHAKEN: You are -6 to Rolls, as above severe disassociation, and you are Shaken at the end of your turn. Still roll and do stuff, Success or better, you can roll a d20 ...... After being hit by the Temporal Disassociation Maelstrom your very self if shifted. Small differences are present. You are you, but you has slightly different equipment. The result of the d20 roll may be used on either the Body Armor, Ranged Weapons, or Close Combat Weapons tables in the rear of the TLPG. Note: whatever the roll is an additional item you have, you don't lose anything. (Does not result in a bennie like the above option #1). Also roll a d6 if you get a 1 or 2 add a Minor Hindrance to your Character.

I know we are ramping up to go attack the Lab and Armory, but after Sammy's Short Interlude I just could not resist this combat. Thanks. If you have not written a Short Interlude you still can, in addition to this combat.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Torn Asunder Combat in the Pinnacle

Post by Libertas Magicum »

OOC Comments
Getting the Rolls Up:

Scene Option 2, modifier -6

Recursion:
Greater Boost Trait (Techno-Wizardry) TW1 [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Boost Trait WTW1 [dice]1[/dice]
Benny EE [dice]3[/dice]
Raise: +4 DT to TW (d12+7); +1 DT Taunt (1d4), +2 Charisma, Spent 10 PPE (14 personal PPE left)

Mine!
Mind Control t'Fethic TW 2 [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Mind Control WTW2 [dice]5[/dice]
ACE Running Total [dice]6[/dice]
Benny EE [dice]7[/dice]
ACE Running Total [dice]8[/dice]
Staff Drained of PPE, also had to spend 2 Personal, final total 12 PPE left in personal pool

If the staff counts as Necrotic Energy (that's up to the GM, but remember, it is powered by the drained energies of the Annihilator Missiles), then there might be a penalty to his Spirit roll to resist. If he gets:
  • 17-20, he's controlled for 1 minute, at least
  • 13-16, he's controlled for 5 minutes, at least
  • 12 or less, he's controlled for 10 minutes, at least
Oh, and if Lib's misjudged t'Fethic's nature, and the vile SOB would actually NOT kill his minions just to show how strong he is, then we'll need to have another roll-off. Note, just because doing so right now is unwise doesn't necessarily mean it's 'against his nature'.

Stat-Bump [dice]9[/dice] Yay? +2 Pace? Ah, well, they can't all be winners.
Minor Hindrance Check [dice]2[/dice] Hm... Yeah, Lib's getting pretty full of himself. I think it's time to add Stubborn. He KNOWS he's right, dammit.
Libertas... looks unwell. The voices in his head are arguing and petulant. Is one of them his? Are all of them? Any of them? He's not sure.

"We need to deal with this."

"No, we should definitely get the hell out of here--teleport away!"

"Nah, he's probably got an anti-dimensional field up. Maybe just run, for once?"

"Run, nothing! Kill the cat, use his soul to power up, blast the monster to Oblivion."

"We can't do that! Sammy's cool! Pity Markus isn't here."

"Nah, you're all stupid. What we do is we ditch this lame scene and then we go up to Cantrell's room and--"

"Don't even finish that thought, you fuckin' pervert."

"Look, I don't really care that much. Just keep us from getting captured again. I'm SICK of losing my gear..."

"How much power could we get by sacrificing Humble? I mean, he's already claiming to be a god, right?"

"No sacrifices! You morons always want to take the easy way out. We have to be better than our opponents!"

"We would be! Better at everything, including sacrifices!"

was that the sound of one of me hitting another of me in the face with a croquet mallet?

"Wait, wait. Didn't Cade say something about Necrotic energy?"

"Yeah, pity we're not a Necromancer, numnutz!"

"Well, maybe the rest of you aren't, but I--"

"No one's asking you!"

"No, wait, think! The Staff! What powers the Staff?"

"Well, the... Annihilator Spell."

"Yeah! Do it!"

"I would if you'd all just let me think for a second goddammit it's like being at the worst Academy Symposium ever, only with the punch spiked!"

Wavering on his feet, he suddenly stands, eyes narrowing behind the goggles.

"You should've come when I wasn't here, t'Fethic. See, no matter how many of me there are... no matter what reality I come from, there's one truth about me... I. Am. Awesome." With that, he points the black gauntlet on his right hand directly at himself, the white gem in the palm bathing himself in light, supercharging his understanding of his own discipline.

"Yes... Yes, this will do nicely. Now, t'Fethic... why don't you demonstrate what a bad-ass you really are." The tail holds the staff aloft, and both the gem atop it and Lib's eyes pulse with the same sickly-colored energies. His voice gets thick and grim.

"Murder your students in cold blood."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble thinks about being hungry
Humble thinks about being full
Humble thinks about smashing the guy in front of him
Humble thinks about smashing the guy on the left
Humble thinks about smashing t'Fethic
Humble thinks about smashing Cantrell
Humble thinks about smashing Sammy...
No Humble will not hurt a battle brother!

His head spinning Humble lets out a roar as he charges forward smashing into t'Fethic (see contingent) before it can interrupt the spell on t'Fethic with all the force he and his powerful armor can muster.
Contingent
EDIT changed to Bad 4 if t'Fethic is under Lib's control.
Push 13
Strength [dice]0[/dice]
Strength Wild [dice]1[/dice]
No bennies for extra effort or re-rolls so takes it as it comes.

If Successful gains [dice]2[/dice] a d6 Spirit
Hindrance [dice]3[/dice] No worries

Using Push, Knock Prone option, and moving >3" for +2, scene penalty -6 (option number 2) Strength d12+7 = d12+3 versus
t'Fethic
SWD pg. 85 wrote:Push
Sometimes characters may want to push a foe in hopes of knocking him out of position, prone, or even into a deadly hazard. This is called a Push. To push a foe, the attacker and the target make opposed Strength rolls. If successful, the attacker has three choices. He can:
Bash: Push the target 1” for a success and 2” on a raise on the Strength roll. If the defender hits an obstacle, he suffers 1d6 damage for every 1” he would have moved.
Shield Bash: If the attacker has a shield, he can push the attacker as above, but also causes Str damage. Add +1 to the damage for a small shield, +2 for a medium shield, and +3 for a large shield.
Knock Prone: The defender is knocked prone.
►► Running: If the attacker ran at least 3” before the push, he adds +2 to his roll.
►► Hazards: The Game Master must determine results from any other obstacles or hazards, such as a cliff edge, wall of fire, etc.

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Shooting 6, holding additional rolls til the above plays out
Going with option #2, -6 penalty
Shooting an AP grenade at t'Fethic's head, called shot (-4 to hit/+4 damage). Does it have temporal-disrupting trappings? Maybe? It's probably all in Cantrell's head.
Shooting 1d12+4 +2 armor targeting +2 Marksman -6 scene -4 called shot =
Shooting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]2[/dice]

Damage [dice]5[/dice],
Ace + rolling damage [dice]6[/dice] = 24 Damage, AP 8, and targets least-armored part of body

Since I had a success, altered brain chemistry: [dice]3[/dice] = Nice! +1d Spirit
Chance for Hindrance: [dice]4[/dice] = Delusional (Minor): Cantrell believes herself immune to the effects of temporal magic now. Maybe she is? Maybe she isn't? Either way, she's gonna find that Valent Blade and put an end to the timey-wimey bullshit once and for all.
Cantrell doesn't even have time to curse -- or maybe she does -- as the invaders appear and everything goes sideways. Voices echo and repeat and fold into themselves. Everyone dies, then stands up again. Cantrell remembers birth/her birth/her child's birth/the birth of a nation/birthing monsters. She screams. Cantrell screams, too. Then Cantrell joins in. Cantrell wants to scream, but she can't remember how to open her mouth. She can't breathe. The woman beside her is screaming already. Everything goes dark. The lights flicker. She's falling and standing up.

There is nothing you can do. You already tried. It worked. It didn't. You've already failed every time you'll try.

Cantrells scream until something in her head pops like a wet balloon.

Everything goes black, and this time there's only one. One darkness. One Cantrell. One light, far away, but not so far she can't reach it with a thought.

Bane is still there, wedged in a crack in the void, framed by sunlight as extinction tears at the edge of his being.

Cantrell! Have you recovered the Valent Blade already? Which when are you now? he asks, then notes her confusion. Ah. It's t'Fethic, isn't it. He's made his move. It's not the first, but I think it may be the last, if you were/are right when you visit me next. I prepared something, based on what you'll say. I know it's confusing. It's why you have to stop it. This won't be enough, but it should remove t'Fethic from the board.

Bane reaches out, barely able to move, and a glowing, egg-shaped object drifts toward Cantrell. She catches it in her hand, where it's swallowed by her skin. She feels it inside, knows she can summon it back out when she needs it. Soon. She will have needed it soon.

Go Cantrell. I can hold here for an eon, but won't last long. Find the blade, cut the thread. Stop ...

... this timey-wimey bullshit, Cantrell thinks as she snaps back into the maelstrom.

That one thought -- one blessed thought, one internal voice -- is frozen in her mind as the scene resolves again around her. Libertas, doing something with that disturbing staff he found. Humble, man-handling the black-armored minions ... and t'Fethic, right in front of her.

"I didn't like you before I shot you in the head the first time, fucker," she says, as she raises her rifle and takes aim. Fast as thought, the glowing egg Bane gave her is in the breach, ready to launch. Then she's pulling the trigger, and the chronoscopic null-grenade is en route to a long overdue date with t'Fethic's brain matter ...

Will hold my attack 'til after I see what happens with Lib's puppet-ing. Rolls to come once I get some clarification on how Dan handles rifle-fired grenades ... might use plasma rifle instead.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
sammy

Post by sammy »

Sammy is knocked down to the ground his sunshine pistol goes clattering to the ground. You cannot defeat me villian, Meow!
Sammy pounces back up and ties a blue bandanna arround his forehead and tightens his deep blue ghee. " You time is up Villian of time... Our kungfu knows no equal. Shakka!" Sammy leaps out to deliver a forearm strike the like of only master shifu could deliver! Bamn! Crash! Clang! Sammeul T. Cat's feet of fury and lightining quick strikes are almost too awesome to comprehend for the time traveler apprentice. Sammy flexes his muscles and rolls his abes in a seductive manner, " Haha! My tine tail drunk monkey punch knows no match!"
Fighting 6, damage 8, option 2
Fighting [dice]0[/dice] ace [dice]2[/dice]wild [dice]1[/dice] why not benny for ef [dice]3[/dice]
Hits parry of 6
Damage [dice]4[/dice]
Option 2
[dice]5[/dice] Close combat
[dice]6[/dice]
Blow after blow Sammeul T. Cat strikes the apprientise sending the poor temporal student into a tizzy. Sammy wipes his brow as his excertion has gotten the better of him. However, his mouth has enough juice left. " To hell with circumstances, I create oppertunity!"
Attachments
IMG_0248.JPG
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

[dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]

whatever (Possible Blaze in effect, post will be coming as a new post below)
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Option 2
Perception 0
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge -2
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice] Wrong Die Code (OOPS!)
Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]
Smarts 2
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice] Wrong Die Code (OOPS!)
Wild Die [dice]11[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]14[/dice]
Jitters was just coming up from the lower levels to talk to Libertas when he saw the fight start in the front foyer of the hotel. A strange sensation came over him, and he realized that speed is not the answer, that no matter how fast he could go, he was going to fail. The air before him wavered and shimmered as a dark figure stepped through reality, looking like the armor that Jitters wore now, except instead of being stiff and rigid, it looked organic and flexible. A deep, reverberating voice spoke to him and said "You are NOT my son!" before vanishing. "NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!" Jitters cried out then said "IamworthyIwillprovemyselftoyoufather!", drew his Chain Long Sword, and charged the nearest bad guy to him (Bad6), charging his weapon with psychic power, screaming a beserker rage.
Psionics Exalted Smite -2
[dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
Fighting 9 Damage 22 AP 2
[dice]8[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]9[/dice]
-1 Benny for a Re-roll
Fighting [dice]12[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]13[/dice]
-1 Benny for a Re-roll
Fighting [dice]15[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]16[/dice]
-1 Benny for a Re-roll
Fighting [dice]17[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]18[/dice]
-1 Benny for a Re-roll
Fighting [dice]19[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]20[/dice]
-1 Benny for a Re-roll
Fighting [dice]21[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]22[/dice]

Damage if successful
Strength [dice]23[/dice] + 2 = 3
Chain Long Sword [dice]24[/dice] Ace!
Chain Long Sword Ace [dice]27[/dice]
+1 Electricity Damage
+2 Beserk Damage
8 + 3 + 5 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 22 AP 2 MD
OOC Comments
If my Fighting roll was successful, the [dice]25[/dice], so Vigor. Either way, my Brain Addled is [dice]26[/dice]
Current Conditions - Parry 9 - Toughness 21
Due to Beserking, Jitters Parry went down and Toughness went up by equal amounts. All attackers still suffer the -2 on all attacks vs. him for Jitters being a Crazy.
I am using my Adventure Card Inspiration. Everyone gets a +2 on all Skill/Trait rolls for the rest of the scene.
Last edited by Jitters on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Humble Please Note This
It is a free power so Fair is any value. But How does 1 level per rank sound? That would be enough to make a power useful, but not overwhelming.
I like this option and think that's the way to go with the Tattoo's. Thanks.
TF vs Mind Control
17-20, he's controlled for 1 minute, at least
13-16, he's controlled for 5 minutes, at least
12 or less, he's controlled for 10 minutes, at least
Wild Card t'Fethic
Spirit Roll
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice], [dice]2[/dice], [dice]4[/dice], [dice]5[/dice]
TF vs Strength
Using Push, Knock Prone option, and moving >3" for +2, scene penalty -6 (option number 2) Strength d12+7 = d12+3 versus t'Fethic
Wild Card t'Fethic
Strength Roll = Active Exalted TK (Spirit Roll) 1d12+4
1 t'Fethic bennie used for Extra Effort [dice]8[/dice], [dice]7[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice] = 13 matches and add EF = 24
[dice]6[/dice]
TF vs Cantrell's Shot information
Waiting to roll Damage 3d8+4, AP 8, and targets least-armored part of body.
If we're on the same page, and the rifle-launched grenade would not grant t'Fethic a chance to dodge or throw back, that's what Cantrell will use.
Agree. So roll damage. I will then add what happens as a result into a new post here. Go ahead shoot t'Fethic, it'll all be okay in the end I am sure..... ;)

EDIT:
24 Damage, AP 8, and targets least-armored part of body
Okay, copy that. Stalwart Wall Section between t'Fethic and Cantrell is destroyed. (Placed there, brought, by student). Small Burst Temp: 1" radius, 2" diameter.
Student vs the Crazy Ninja Cat
Sammy does not best his Parry of 8
Student vs the Berserking Streak of Doom otherwise known as Jittttttttters
Jitters does not best his Parry of 8

• t'Fethic turns his head to look at Libertas....and laughs out loud in his deep throaty chuckle. "Oh, you pretender of time mastery, seer of limited shortsightedness, you pathetic wannabe, I have something special for you."

As he says this to Libertas, Humble who rushed forward with a mighty roar - is stopped. Unseen hands pluck the Ogre up into the air, off the ground and toss him like a doll across the room to land by the Ball Room Doors, where he started his charge at. Humble is unhurt by the incident, however his charge is stopped, for the moment, since someone pushed back telekineticly.

Sammy pounces on the student of t'Fethic, who for his part seems quite distracted by the attacks. No damage appears to be done to the temporal warrior mage however, he is "taken aback" by the insane assault! "Dafuk! Get off me!"

Jitters moves with blinding speed, twisting and slashing his sword at the temporal student who for his part seems to pop in and out of existences, just split seconds ahead of each strike by the Crazie. It's damned infuriating, he keeps phasing in and out, altering his location, it just ain't fair fighting. "By Apepi's balls! Damn, you are slow!" Jitters can smell a strange scent emitting from the area of this student, like bananas and ozone.

Cantrell fires a armor piercing grenade at the Temporal Raider.
    OOC Comments
    The grenade strikes t'Fethic and erupts into a billowing explosion, engulfing the Temporal Raider. Flames die down afterwards and t'Fehtic still stands. Smokey and with ash on him, the floor under his feet cracked and damaged, the Raider himself looking uninjured. If he was smiling before, he isn't any longer. If anything, he looks annoyed.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Maximilian combat rolls
Taking option 2, -6 to combat
Fighting, charging Bad 2
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Fighting
[dice]1[/dice]

Spending RED benny to reroll Fighting, adds 1d6, plus Elan
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]

WD Fighting
[dice]6[/dice]
If Red benny adds d6 to wild die attempt, here is that: [dice]7[/dice]

d6 to determine increased trait: [dice]8[/dice] - +1 die type Spirit

d6 to determine hindrance: [dice]9[/dice] - no new hindrances
The dog boy flesh robot armor attacks with the ferocity of a rabid, feral canine. In one smooth motion, two vibroblades spring from sheaths installed on his back plating. In the dog boy's control center, the dog boy flesh robot pilot controls the dog boy flesh robot armor with the skill of a seasoned veteran...operating on a terrible frame rate refresh lag. Smooth movements, brutal motions...just too late.
The Titan is nowhere nearby, but the robot armor pilots the robot armor, who pilots the robot armor.
Like a terrible, continuous infinite zoom, the creature that is Maximilian is being controlled by a pilot in his psyche, the pilot also being Maximilian, who is also being controlled by a pilot in his psyche. That, too, is Maximilian, who is controlled by Maximilian in his psyche. An endless feeling of falling through the mirror, trying to find the true pilot of the raging canine. Who am I? Who is controlling me? Who is controlling the one controlling the one controlling me? Where does it end? Is this what the cat feels like to have nine lives? No wonder they're all crazy. Trimming them down is doing them a favor. SWING SWORD! And the dog boy does swing the sword, a meager attempt at a fighting maneuver the true Maximilian has executed a thousand times with vicious effect. The feeling of playing a video game of yourself playing a video game of yourself playing a video game where you control a violent beast in a video game has too heavy an effect on the true pilot to allow the blow to land, but the temporal apprentice still felt the breeze of a vibroblade whizzing by his head.
A thousand echoes shout. "I'll rip your throat out just as soon as I finish paring your limbs from your body!"
Bizarro Alex combat rolls, failure; brainburn, shaken
Taking option 2, -6 to combat
Psionics, Burst directed at Bad 3
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Psionics
[dice]3[/dice]
Alex fares even poorer than Max. Beyond explanation, Alex loses sight in his good eye, which is somehow replaced with the sight from his blind eye, seeing into the realm of the third eye. He can feel his good eye melting into a puddle that drains into his ear. The puddle then oozes into the socket of his missing eye, forming a new eye, leaving his good eye in the wrong socket. Whatever these temporal bastards has done has played mary hobb with his head. A spout of fire shoots forth into the wall of the room, nowhere near his target. His brain cries out under the stress and twisted reality, and he shouts out loud. "My three eyes are burning!" Alex, suffering from brainburn in addition to the mind-screw of temporal magic, grasps frantically at his head.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

OOC INFO for Future Reference
old GM Info
t'Fethic (Wild Card)
Parry 9
Toughness 35 (10) // Active Spell of: Phase Field (Armor): +4 Armor and not effected by AP.
39 (14)
bennies left (started with 4) = 3

Wall is has 10 T and 12 MDC (placed between t'Fethic and Cantrell).

Student 1 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP; bennies left 3 Wild Card
Student 2 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP; bennies left 3 Wild Card
Student 3 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP; bennies left 3 Wild Card
Student 4 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP; bennies left 3 Wild Card
Student 5 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP; bennies left 3 Wild Card
Student 6 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP; bennies left 3 Wild Card

Note:
Between the 7 of them, active powers running, cast prior to popping in: Exalted TK, Stalwart Walls, Greater Warriors Gift, Greater Speed, Quickness, and Mass Disguise.
New GM Info
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Cade Spell Stuff
Time Barrier (Dispel)
Power Points: 6
Range: Smarts × 2
Duration: Instant
The caster suppresses all temporal and dimensional magic within a Large Burst Template including quickness, teleport, slow, and speed in addition to all temporal powers. Each target using a power rolls its own opposed spirit roll to resist being Shaken.

Six Students all using Temporal Magic Rolls:
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]
  • Cade drops to one knee, hoping to become a smaller target and rapidly casts a spell. Four of the six Temporal Students look shaken by whatever Cade just cast. t'Fethic yells: "Traitor!"

One of the students of time manipulation actually drops dead to the floor. His helmet falls off and a younger, less horrific looking man who looks similar to Cade is bleeding out his ears, looking dead.
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

GM Data
roll to hit who
1 Libertas
2 Max
3 Alex
4 Jitters
5 Gargamel
6 Sammy
7 Humble
8 Cantrell

MAX READ THIS: Student attacks: [dice]2[/dice] = Max - Student casts: Casting [dice]4[/dice] Crit fail. Nothing happens.

ALEX (MAX) READ THIS: Student attacks: [dice]1[/dice] = Alex - Student casts: Casting [dice]5[/dice] T-Stop
T-Stop (Stun)
Power Points: 4
Range: 18/36/72
Duration: Special
Victims of this power are frozen in time and are considered Incapacitated! They cannot move, speak, or even take free actions. The target makes a Vigor check each following round to recover from Incapacity. All recovery rolls are made at −2, or −4 with a raise. (So on your next turn coming up for Alex, make the Vigor roll).

t'Fethic (previously would have attacked a member of BC or 13th, now tries to subdue Cade:
Time Deprivation or T-Dep (Confusion)
Power Points: 3
Range: Smarts × 2
Duration: Instant
T-Dep plays havoc with the victim’s sense of time. In addition to the normal confusion effects each victims who fail their Smarts test act as if they drew a 2 for their next action card. The power can still affect up to 5 people but each person affected costs 3 Power Points.

Cade Smarts Roll: [dice]0[/dice], wide die [dice]3[/dice], on Cade's next turn he is effected by this spell.

Other 3 Students are Shaken and not acting until next time they have a turn because of Cade's spell.
1 Student is dead.

WOW ! All that for no positive results other than Alex is fuddled up....and Cade has a crap Initiative of 2 now.
  • t'Fethic casts a spell at Cade. (Confusion)

A time student casts a spell at Alex. (Stun)

Another Student casts at Max, but seemingly nothing happens!

One Student is dead on the floor.

Three more Students Shaken until their next turns.
Note about t'Fethic
t'Fethic was unaffected by Cade's spell, and uses his second turn to cast (Quickness was active):

4D Transformation (Shape Change)
Power Points: +4
Range: Self
Duration: 1 minute (1/minute)
Transform into a fourth dimensional sub-being. The transformation is extremely disorienting and the caster must make a Vigor check at -2 or suffer 2 levels of fatigue after the power expires. Critical failure on the Vigor check results in a warped perspective on the world - the mage permanently gains the Quirk hindrance for no further benefit. To create a 4D Sub Being simply apply the following abilities to the form taken. (((Vigor [dice]8[/dice], wd [dice]7[/dice] )))

Out of Phase: The being has no form in this dimension. They cannot be harmed by physical attacks, and cannot even be seen unless they desire to be (t'Fethic does remain seen) or via exalted detect arcana (treat as true invisibility). 4D Creatures are affected by magical items, weapons, and powers but have a level of arcane resistance (+2). These beings can “pop” into this dimension long enough to take a single action (such as an attack) and immediately phase back out again as a free action at will. An opponent can hit the being while solid by being on Hold and interrupting its action. Having no physical form means 4D beings suffer no additional damage from called shots, do not suffer from disease or poison, and Wild Cards never suffer from Wound Modifiers.

Nigh Omniscient: Nothing escapes their sight. Walls, invisibility, time distortions, even this thing called distance cannot stop them from noticing the world around them. They also have +4 notice, and can make a notice roll to see someone under true invisibility at no penalties.

When attacking t'Fethic please read above spell. Thanks.
Next Round Initiative:

Good Guys [dice]6[/dice] Joker!
Bad Guys [dice]9[/dice] Queen of Hearts

t'Fethic = Dead by Gargamel's Doing!
Student 1 - Dead
Student 2 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP;
Student 3 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP;
Student 4 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP; Shaken
Student 5 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP; Shaken
Student 6 - Parry 8 and Toughness 21 (16) Immune to AP; Shaken
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

BLAZE OF GLORY

The temporal energies overwhelmed Gargamel momentarily before suddenly he found himself unaffected by t'Fethic's powers. His faerie blade pulled at him, urging him to attack t'Fethic. Cade saw the blade in Gargamel's hand and nodded. He knew what it was for.

Its appearance in the bag during the temporal storm unleashed by Geist now made sense. Somebody was trying to change time again, this time in their favour and the blade was the weapon to do it.

Gargamel switched to his own face for the first time in ages and strode forward confidently, batting aside a couple of blows from the students as he closed on their master. He could sense the arrogance from the 4D being as a wave of temporal energy washed over him, but he continued to walk forward unaffected.

"You shouldn't have that yet!" there was a hint of fear in t'Fethic's voice.

"It appears you are not the master of time," Gargamel smiled, as the blade passed through t'Fethic, impaling him.

There was a bright light as the temporal energies surged, engulfing them both.

"Cade," he screamed, "the past can be changed and so can your path."

"For Dweomer and the Black Company!"

The lobby was filled with a bright light for just a second and then all that remained was a pile of ash on the floor; the combined remains of Gargamel and t'Fethic.
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Notice 9, Build Dispel Device 13, Activate Dispel Device CRITFAIL, 13 Damage LBT, PPE Thief 9
Notice Modifiers: Joker (subtract 2 if hearing-based)
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Ace Running Total [dice]10[/dice]

TW Modifiers: Edges, Staff, MM, Joker, MAP -2
Techno-Build (Dispel) [dice]2[/dice]
Wild TW Build [dice]3[/dice]

Activate Dispel Device T-W [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Activation T-W [dice]5[/dice]
Placing the LBT for Exalted Dispel on the corner of the square t'Fethic started in; should hit Bads 2-5.

Use PPE Thief Tattoo (does not get Staff bonus), Targeting Bad 6
T-W [dice]6[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]7[/dice]
If Success: [dice]8[/dice]
If Raise: [dice]9[/dice]
(Forgot to add 2 to rolsl because of the Adventure Card that was played; it only matters for this, though.)

So, built a Dispel Device with 17 PPE. Then Activated it for Exalted Dispel, intending to hit the majority of the remaining Bads. Sadly, he crit-failed. Rolling a d4 for the Malfunction, alphabetical suit order:
Malfunction [dice]11[/dice]
Of course. Clubs.
Damage: [dice]12[/dice]
Ace Running Total: [dice]13[/dice]
Total 13 Damage w/Joker.
LBT centered on Libertas catches himself, Alex and Max. Lib is Shaken by that, spends a bennie to unshake immediately.

Bad 6 does still need to roll Spirit to resist the PPE Thief effect,with the following results:
12 or better: Resists completely
1 or lower: Lib steals 11 PPE.

Taking a Benny back to turn CritFail into an Epic Failure--ALL of Lib's active TW gear is shut down for [dice]14[/dice] minutes, as per Exalted Dispel. This also includes the magic tattoos. He can try building another Gizmo, but otherwise, he's a monkey-man with a stick.
Things get... complicated on the west side of the room. Lib, seeing t'Fethic goes down, decides that the other spellcasters need to be dealt with. Since they obviously came in prepped, he opts to strip them of their enchantments, maybe even shut down their gear. Moving quickly, he pieces together an arcane disruptor. At the same time, he thrusts his left hand at the one Bad who is going to be outside the area of effect, hoping to at least drain him of some of his power. As the vortex opens on that hand, his tail taps the button on the kit-bashed Aetheric Disruptor....

And then there's a flash of white light and searing pain arcs over both himself and his two closest allies--Max and Alex both get caught in the gizmo's arcane explosion as it malfunctions horribly.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Perception 12
[dice]0[/dice] Ace!
Perception Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge - Loosing It 5
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Smarts - Loosing It 10
[dice]4[/dice] Ace!
Perception Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Like a wild man possessed, Jitters howled with reckless fury, pulled free his vibro-sword with his tail and moved to attack the student that stood next to Ben's Desk (#3) who had cast something on Bizarro Alex, swinging both swords at him.
Fighting 13 and 12 - 34 and 16 Damage
[dice]8[/dice]
Fighting Off Hand [dice]9[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]
Modifiers:
MAP: -2 for three actions (Pulling free sword, attacking with main hand -2, attacking with tail -4 for MAP and Off Hand which are both offset by the Monkey Tail and Ambidexterity)
Loosing It: +2
Professional/Expert: +2
Joker: +2

Paul Bunyan Damage: 34 (Before Mighty Blow)
Strength [dice]11[/dice]
Chain Long Sword: [dice]12[/dice]
Raise: [dice]13[/dice] Ace!
Ace: [dice]17[/dice]
+2 Electricity
+2 For Loosing It

Vibe Damage: 16 (Before Mighty Blow)
Strength: [dice]14[/dice]
Vibro-Sword: [dice]15[/dice]
Raise: [dice]16[/dice]
+2 Electricity
+2 For Loosing It
Jitters fights the student, swinging Vibe, his vibro-sword, at the student who disappeared into thin air at that same moment, while simultaneously thrusting Paul Bunyan, his trusty Chain Long Sword, deep into what looked like it was going to be empty air, until the student he was fighting formed around the sword and electricity arcing off of the blade, then Jitters revved the motor more, causing blood, guts, and effluvium to fly everywhere, coating himself as well in it, all the while gleefully laughing maniacally. As the student started to slump, Jitters used his boot and shoved him off of good ol' Paul. In less time than it took for him to form a thought, if he had the capability at the moment, he rushed at the other student who tried to attack Max, just 6 yards to the north of Jitters first target.

Split the Seconds
Fighting 13 and 13 - 23 and 19 Damage
[dice]18[/dice]
Fighting Off Hand [dice]19[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]20[/dice]
Modifiers:
MAP: 0 for two actions actions (attacking with main hand, attacking with tail -4 for MAP and Off Hand which are both offset by the Monkey Tail and Ambidexterity)
Loosing It: +2
Professional/Expert: +2
Joker: +2

Paul Bunyan Damage: 23 (Before Mighty Blow)
Strength: [dice]21[/dice]
Chain Long Sword: [dice]22[/dice]
Raise: [dice]25[/dice]
+2 Electricity
+2 for Loosing It

Vibe Damage: 19 (Before Mighty Blow)
Strength: [dice]23[/dice]
Vibro-Sword: [dice]24[/dice]
Raise: [dice]26[/dice] Ace!
Raise Ace: [dice]27[/dice]
+2 Electricity
+2 for Loosing It
Jitters
Jitters

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Student Soak Roll (GM bennie) [dice]0[/dice]

Student Soak Roll (GM bennie) [dice]1[/dice]

Well so much for that they’re both dead.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble’s mind is finally clear enough to think straight. He give a powerful roar calling on the power of his ancestry and charges forward in a Frenzy Bringing his hammer down in two powerful blows on the closest students still standing.
But in hid mad charge Humble was unable to connect his blows as the students seeing him coming know it is better to get out of the way than be hit with the giant hammer.
Warrior’s Gift for Improved Frenzy, success
Stubbornness [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Stubbornness [dice]1[/dice]
Fighting on Closest Student 11 hits for 36 mega damage, Fighting on Next Closest 11 hits for 28 mega damage. Humbles Parry reduced by 2
Wild Attack on Closest Student
Fighting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Fighting [dice]3[/dice]
  • DAMAGE! [dice]6[/dice] + 6 + [dice]7[/dice] + [dice]8[/dice]
    • ACED DICE! [dice]12[/dice] +2 Joker
Wild Attack Next Closest Student
Fighting [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Fighting [dice]5[/dice]
  • DAMAGE! [dice]9[/dice] + 6 + [dice]10[/dice] + [dice]11[/dice] +2 Joker
FORGOT +2 From Joker and +2 From Jitters card!

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Notice 6, CK 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Shooting: 2 Wounds to one student, 3 to another
Auto-firing with laser rifle; 1d12+4 Shooting +2 armor mod +2 Joker -4 headshot
Shooting [dice]4[/dice]
Shooting [dice]5[/dice]
Bennie for Extra Effort + Elan = [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]6[/dice]
= Two hits with raises

Damage = 3d6+2 AP3 + 1d6 raise +4 headshot +2 Joker
1st shot Damage [dice]8[/dice]
Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Ace [dice]11[/dice] = 31 Damage, AP 3 = Shaken and 2 Wounds
2nd shot Damage [dice]9[/dice]
Ace [dice]12[/dice]
Ace [dice]13[/dice] = 36 Damage, AP 3 = Shaken and 3 Wounds
Cantrell blinked and tried to clear her eyes. Her grenade had hit dead on, exploded in a blast that should have reduced t'Fethic's brain to a thin mist, but when the smoke cleared he'd still been standing.

More timey-wimey bullshit. Cheating fate.

Before she has a chance to do something about it, the temporal asshat transforms into something bigger and no doubt in further violation of the laws of reality. Then Gargamel charges in with that weird sword of his and shoves it into t'Fucker's chest, somehow disintegrating them both. Gargamel says something to Cade before he dies, which reminds Cantrell of an idea she'd had before.

If Cade keeps coming back from the dead, more and more of an asshole each time, maybe we need to keep him alive -- but in a state that keeps him from turning into the shitheel Gargamel just wasted.

In her time with the Coalition, Cantrell had seen more than one grunt left crippled by laser shots that managed to blast through something important, but cauterize the wound in a way that left the victim still breathing. Even shot in the head, lots of time the wounded lived for years, their frontal lobes burned out like they'd been lobotomized.

That's what she plans to do to Cade, or put him on ice some other way -- but t'Fuckwit's other Cade clones have to be put down first.

She lines up a pair of rapid-fire shots at two of the students Jitters and Humble haven't already chewed through. Each shot streaks out with surgical precision, burning through one temple and out the other, the apprentices' faces already going slack as they drop to the floor with smoke curling out of their brains.

"Keep 'em alive if you can, but put a spike through their temples!" she calls out. "You should have some with the climbing kits in your packs ... stir it around a bit, but keep these assholes breathing. We don't want one of them coming back as the bastard Gargamel just killed."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Seeing the last of the temporal students drop dead Cade breathes a deep sigh of relief.

”Nicely done guys.”

Stepping closer to the dust of t’Fethic and Gargamel the Temporal Warrior toes the dust.

”Had wondered how it ended. I mean if I helped you all. Instead of releasing to the dark call of ... future me. I wonder if Gargamel meant what he said. He seemed to be... very fluent in magic.”

Facing the rest of those assembled in the lobby Cade look like he is about to speak when he hastens to pull his mask off. His eyes redden and he lurches over in pain. The blue tint to his skin looks strange.

”I... no. She. It’s mine...”

Collapsing unconscious Cade lays still on the lobby floor.

Ice flakes off his armor and his skin is a definite blue.
OOC Comments
All yours. RP. Next major event will happen in game in a few minutes. You notice the room is cooling off by about 10 degrees. Next GM post coming ASAP.
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle

Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice 7
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Smarts 17
[dice]4[/dice] Ace!
Smarts Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]10[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]11[/dice]
Getting it Together 6
[dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
Time: [dice]8[/dice] x = 50 minutes
As the last student fell, Jitters stopped for a moment as he tried to regain his composure, and suddenly he felt as if he were swimming through syrup. In the back of his mind, he heard whispers "You'll never be good enough for me, boy!" He heard what sounded like a clown's laughter, if it were slowed down to a quarter of it's normal speed. Jitters felt disconnected from reality in that moment.
Last edited by Jitters on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jitters
Jitters

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Enemy
Better You Than Me
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]

Knowledge: Arcana [dice]2[/dice]
Wild K:A [dice]3[/dice]
Running Total ACE [dice]4[/dice]
Libertas curses up a blue streak as he comes out of the effects of the explosion. "Ugh. Sorry about that, you two. I think that carrot-felching S.O.B. found a way to tamper with my gear. Suppose I should be flattered...." Then, when Cade collapses and turns blue, he groans and goes over, moving awkwardly in the suddenly weighty Triax armor.

"You've gotta be kidding me... Okay, hopefully my shit comes back online soon.... Meantime, my brain's still working, at least...." He starts analyzing the effect, trying to determine what's causing this. Maybe another damned Rift is going to open...?
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

RP away here as you like.

Everyone take a Bennie for beating t’Fethic!

When you’re ready head over to this next thread for the final big event as the vanished.

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=2130

After that thread we will all reunite probably on March 9 or 10 for the mass battle!
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max lowers his weapons as all of the foes are thoroughly destroyed, including t'Fethic and... "Gargamel! What the...well, fleas and ticks. He was a good student. Had a knack for the controls. What was he thinking?! I had t'Fleabag right where I wanted him!"

Alex, however, is more focused on Cade, who has dropped, freezing, to the ground. "NO! He's mine to kill! Who's doing this?! STOP IT NOW! Bring him back so I can kill him!"

Max moves over to Alex. "Easy, pal. This guy has more lives than that fleabitten cat. I'm sure you'll get your chance."
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Seeing the boss give his life to stop this strange time guys Humble nods, thinking to himself another one dead. With the students all finished off there is little left but to collect gear for Hans and remember the dead. Walking over he grabs up some random gear, then moves to the ash pile that was Gargamel.
"That was brave." He then collects the ashes for turning over to the others. Maybe his people buried their dead or scattered them, he did not know.
Looking at the others he sighs and says. "Sorry, fight bad." Then he looks down to Sammy and ensures he is safe. Holding out the bag with the remains of Gargamel he asks. "What do with Boss?"

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Return to “Hunt for Hell Pillars”