Rook's Signature Item

A place for feedback on created items for in game use.
Griffin

Rook's Signature Item

Post by Griffin »

Just looking for some input and opinions on Rook's Signature Item.

Integrated Weapon Mount - 1 or 2 strain? A combination of the Extra Arms and Integrated Ranged Weapon. Reduces MAP by 2 when the weapon is fired. Not as multi-purpose as just having the Extra Arms (which is only 1 strain), so i'm thinking maybe sticking with 1 strain and compensating for the loss by having the integrated ranged weapon option not increase the strain. If 2 strain, maybe have the mounting system allow for a weapon of Mod 2 to be used?

For the weapon statistics, i'm going to take some time to look at some examples of non-magical weapons that other people have created to try and get a sense of what can be done.
Characters
Freemage
Savage Senior

Re: Rook's Signature Item

Post by Freemage »

For the Mount, I could see it as providing the MAP reduction and treating the character's Strength as one step higher for purposes of the mounted weapon. (So if you have Str d12+1, you could then go up to a Mod 2 weapon, all for 1 Strain.) The gun itself would still use normal Strain rules for such (1/Mod).
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

so a mod 2 weapon would be 3 strain total; that seems fair for the ability to basically mount a vehicle weapon on a character for sure.

doesn't matter too much for Rook, but for general use i'd probably include the limitation that these can only be assigned to full conversion cyborgs due to the weight etc of the mounting system?
Characters
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Integrated Weapon Mount (Draft) (Variable Strain)
A weapon system has been mounted on the shoulder of the Combat Cyborg. This gimbal allows the integrated weapon to be stowed behind the back when not in use and rises up over the shoulder into ready position when armed. Any power requirements are provided through a direct link to the cyborg's power systems.

Rules - Negate 2 MAP incurred from firing the mounted weapon (hands free operation). If a weapon with a mod rating is mounted this system allows the user to handle a weapon with 1 mod higher than usual. This system may only be mounted onto a Combat Cyborg due to the weight of the mounting system and power requirements.

Strain Cost - Base 1, increase by 1 for each mod if a vehicular weapon is mounted.
Characters
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

For a signature item you will need to do a complete write up with the weapon, strain, cost and everything listed out. Look at some of the other examples for suggestion on how to write it.

Example

Integrated Weapons Mount (Super Tech)
Weapon (cost)
Major - Two Gun Kid Edge: 1 extra shooting attack at no MAP ($25,000)
Major - +1 die of shooting ($10,000)
Minor - +1 Shooting ($5,000)
Minor - Half weight ($5,000)

This gets you past the MAP and gets you 1die +1 shooting due
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Oh! I was going about it a bit differently. I wanted to run that cybernetic system past some folks to see if it sounded fair; then assign it as a regular system (paying the strain and using one of the rolls i got on cybernetics of "choose any system"), then use the signature item as the weapon that is specifically mounted to it.
Characters
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Griffin wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:45 am Oh! I was going about it a bit differently. I wanted to run that cybernetic system past some folks to see if it sounded fair; then assign it as a regular system (paying the strain and using one of the rolls i got on cybernetics of "choose any system"), then use the signature item as the weapon that is specifically mounted to it.
Ahh ok. Well get it written up complete so I can see it.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

Return to “Item Creation”