Lucky (Lost Jungle)

All new character submissions (Savage or otherwise) are to be posted here.
Lucky

Lucky (Lost Jungle)

Post by Lucky »

This entry is redundant and can be ignored. I am leaving it up due to the question and response below.
Dice Rolls
MARS Fortune & Glory 1d20: [5] = 5
MARS Fortune & Glory 1d20: [8] = 8
Cybernetics 1d20: [14] = 14
Cybernetics 1d20: [9] = 9
Underworld and Black Ops 1d20: [5] = 5

Filthy Rich: Close Combat Weapon 1d20: [6] = 6
Filhty Rich: Cybernetics 1d20: [2] = 2
Filhty Rich: Cybernetics 1d20: [14] = 14
Filthy Richer: Cybernetics 1d20: [19] = 19
Starting Wealth (4d6*100)+(2d4*500): [1, 3, 4, 1]*10+[1, 3]*50 = 290
Bonus Wealth(x10,000) 2d4: [3, 1] = 4
WIP URL https://svgd.us/lostjunglelucky

Lucky (Lost Jungle)
Heroic Male Kill Cat, MARS Bounty Hunter
Iconic Framework: MARS Bounty Hunter
Background
Background
My designation is KC-C01-L84-03. I had 5 "siblings" but I was the only one to survive modification and training. My first Unit gave me the nickname "Lucky." Guess they thought it was funny, since I'm a black cat, but turned out to be a good name.

I served for a couple years; had a couple deployments an' did my job. Got dinged on my psych eval a couple times. Guess I didn't hate deebee's enough, I dunno. Ended up bein' glad for that.

'Bout two years back, was on deployment an' my unit got ambushed by some wizard or another. Rift opened right in front of us; Jenkin's had no time to react. Next we knew our Bulldog, was in the water and sinking fast.

Sarge, Jenkins and Porter didn't make it out. Me, Thompson and Kowalski got picked up on our emergency raft a few days later by a ship full of Deebees. We made short work of 'em and managed to get back in contact with HQ a few months later.

Now, I'm on assignment with a new crew an' being sent down into some Jungle or another. Sounds like fun to me.
Attributes
Attributes:
  • Agility d12+1
  • Smarts d6
  • Spirit d8
  • Strength d12+1
  • Vigor d12
Skills
Skills:
  • Athletics d6
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Driving d8
  • Fighting d12+2
  • Intimidation d6
  • Language (North American) d8
  • Notice d6+2
  • Occult d6
  • Persuasion d6
  • Research d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 9/10; Toughness: 20 (5); Size: Normal (2), Strain: 2/8
Hindrances
Hindrances:
  • Bloodthirsty
  • Curious
  • Loyal
  • Overconfident
  • Ruthless (minor)
  • Suspicious (minor)
  • Duty (major, Coalition)
Edges
Edges:
  • Alertness
  • Ambidextrous
  • Brawler
  • Brawny
  • Breed Advantage (Rugged)
  • Filthy Rich
  • Free Runner
  • I Know a Guy
  • Improved First Strike
  • Investigator
  • Martial Artist
  • Martial Warrior
  • Rich
  • Streetwise
  • Strong Willed
  • Two-Fisted
Armor: Huntsman Medium Personal Armor (Armor 5)
Weapons
Weapons:
  • Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str+d8, +2 to Hit)
  • Bite (Range Melee, Damage Str+d6)
  • Claws (Range Melee, Damage Str+d12, +2 to Hit)
  • NG-L5 Laser Rifle (Range 24/48/96, Damage 4d6, ROF 1, AP 2)
  • Neural Mace (Range Melee, Damage Str+d6, M.D.C.)
  • Survival Knife (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4)
  • Vibro-Blade Vambraces (Range Melee, Damage Str+2d10, AP 8, +2 to Hit)
  • Vibro-Blade Vambraces (Range Melee, Damage Str+2d10, AP 8, +2 to Hit)
  • Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2)
  • Wooden Stakes (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: MDC Handcuffs, NG-S2 Survival Pack, Pistol E-Clip, Stun Gun, Wooden Cross
Language: North American (native, d8)
Current Wealth: 4,000 cr
Special Abilities
Special Abilities
  • Bite/Claws: Kill Cats have claws and teeth dealing Str+d6 damage.
  • Breed Advantage: Various species of cats provide distinct genetic advantages that can express over time.
  • Bloodthirsty: Potential enemies are much less likely to negotiate or give quarter, and allies are consistently shocked by the violent measures that come naturally to the mutant predators.
  • Curious: Has the Curious Hindrance.
  • Hyperactive: Suffer a −1 to all Smarts rolls (but not linked skills) as their minds wander, fighting their instinctive need to hunt.
  • Keen Sense of Hearing: They gain a +2 bonus on hearing-based Notice checks.
  • Leaper: Mutant felines can jump twice as far as normal and add +4 to damage when making a Wild Attack when coupled with a leap.
  • Low Light Vision: Mutant cats ignore Dim or Dark Illumination penalties.
  • Mutant: Initial Reactions typically start at uncooperative, except possibly other GED mutants and physically similar D-Bees.
  • Near-Human Physiology: Those unfamiliar with the mutant's physiology suffer a −1 penalty to Healing and cybernetics checks.
  • Oddly Built: Rifts Earth armor and clothing must be custom-tailored at double normal cost. Glitter Boy armor (including the Iconic Framework) and human power armor is not an option.
  • Powerfully Built: Begin with Agility d6 and Strength d6, Agility Trait maximums is d12+1, while Strength is d12+3.
    Restricted Paths: Cannot take any Arcane Background using PPE or Iconic Framework including it.
  • Size +2: Kill Cats are Size +2, giving them +2 Toughness and increasing their maximum Strength two steps.
  • Duty (Major): CS forces will put them down when encountered.
  • Bounty Hunter Skills: Begin with Athletics d6, Notice d6, Occult d6, Research d6, and Survival d6.
  • Bounty Hunter Edges: Begin with the Alertness, Free Runner, Investigator, and Streetwise Edges.
    Take 'Em Alive: Bounty Hunters are skilled at bringing in their quarry alive; they make all Nonlethal Fighting attacks at no penalty. In addition, they gain a +2 bonus to Trait rolls to disarm, grapple, and restrain targets (includes handcuffing and similar maneuvers). Similarly, targets are at an additional −2 to resist a Bounty Hunter’s Knockout Blows.
  • Choose Your Journey: One of the character's Hero's Journey table rolls must be from either the Experience & Wisdom table or the Underworld & Black Ops table, but the Bounty Hunter chooses the result.
  • MARS Advance: Bounty Hunters begin as Seasoned heroes.
  • Bounty Hunter Vice: Begin with either the Greedy (Minor), Mean, Ruthless (Minor), or Suspicious (Minor) Hindrance for no added benefit.
  • Well Travelled (Hero's Journey): +2 on all Networking rolls to contact and gain assistance
Cyberware
Cyberware
[*]2x Bionic Strength Augmentation (2 strain, Custom): Raise Strength one die step
[*]Booster Jets (1 strain, Custom): Miniature rockets—Jump +4” horizontal, +2” vertical.
[*]Reinforced Frame (1 strain, Custom): Gain +1 Toughness, stacks with all protection, including the Embedded Toughness of Body and Power Armor.
[*]Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring (1 strain, Custom): Grants +2 to all Fighting checks and +1 Parry, requires Cyber-Wired Reflexes.
[*]Cyber-Wired Reflexes (1 strain, Custom): Raise Agility one die step
Advances
Advances
Novice Advances
Raise Attribute: AgilityEdge: RichEdge: Filthy Rich
Seasoned Advances
Raise Attribute: VigorEdge: Martial ArtistEdge: Strong WilledRaise Skills: Fighting/Driving
Veteran Advances
Raise Attribute: SpiritEdge: First StrikeEdge: Martial WarriorEdge: Two-Fisted
Heroic Advances
Edge: Improved First Strike
------------------

Current Load: 64.25 (251)
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Rifts®: Arcana and Mysticism, Rifts®: Atlantis and the Demon Seas, Rifts®: Blood and Banes, Rifts®: Empires of Humanity, Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America, Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Players Guide, Rifts®: Tomorrow Legion Field ManualSetting Rules: Born a Hero, Born a Hero includes Powers, Character Frameworks, Cyberware Tab, Rifts® M.D.C., Strain Characteristic (for Cyberware), Super Strength
Validity: Character appears valid and optimal
Last edited by Lucky on Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cieps

Re: Lucky (Lost Jungle)

Post by Cieps »

I hope its ok to ask questions of character builds. Why does it list Lucky's Fighting skill as d12+2? I thought the skills max out at d12 regardless of Attribute, so for instance an Agility of d12+1 still means the skills connected max at d12. or is the Fighting d12+2 listed indicating the bonus from H-T-H cyberware, cause its a little misleading putting it in skills
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Cieps wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:19 pm I hope its ok to ask questions of character builds. Why does it list Lucky's Fighting skill as d12+2? I thought the skills max out at d12 regardless of Attribute, so for instance an Agility of d12+1 still means the skills connected max at d12. or is the Fighting d12+2 listed indicating the bonus from H-T-H cyberware, cause its a little misleading putting it in skills
@Cleps He has Fighting +2 from the Cyberware. He also has +2 to Unarmed, Claws and the Vibro-Vambraces from Martial Arts/Martial Warrior.
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Oh! So +3 die types from Brawler, Martial Artist, Martial Warrior applies to Vibro Vembraces! Whew!
Corwin's .sig
Discord: Shiro (Corwin)

Corwin Northshadow Lost Jungles

Corwin Eaststrider Train 2 Kingsdale

Return to “Recruitment: New Recruits”