Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Joining Forces

Post by Technospawn »

Middle of the lake
14th April 110 PA
Late Afternoon

Working together with the strangers the legionnaires got the ATV out. Once the ATV was moving @Hero notice something out of the corner of his eye. Something down here was sparkling. When he approached he noticed it was several diamonds laying on the lake bottom. Not sure why there was diamonds here he reached down to pick up the diamonds and noticed they were sitting in a damaged wooden crate. The crate must have been buried at one time and the river change had unearthed it. In the crate he could see even more gems and what appeared to be gold.

Once the ATV was out of the lake and checked to make sure everything worked the team began packing up to leave. The CS had a good 6 hour head start. Why their packing and sorting gear they got to know their new companions. Was this a good thing? Could they trust the strangers? Only time would tell?

Hero roll to see how much of the 3d6x10,000 in gold and 2d8x10,000 gems you recover. Then describe how you get it all to the surface and do you share any?

Everyone else roll 1d4 for suit and post an interlude about what happens over the next 2 days as you drive south with your new team mates.

GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Re: Joining Forces

Post by Persephone »

Suit 1d4: [1] = 1

Introductions done, they gathered themselves and headed out. Cerberus enjoyed the new pampering he was getting from the new members of the group but when it was time to work, he was all business. This included assisting with hunting to pad out the group's food supply.

As they made their way along, Cerberus sniffed out a rhino Buffalo. There was a lot of meat on a creature that size. Good for a large group, especially if they could make it into jerky so it would last. Corralling the beast wasn't terribly difficult. Making walls pop up to block specific directions sufficed for that. But taking the beast down without ruining the meat once they got it cornered was a bit harder.

The beast was angry. No longer able to run it turned on those chasing it to fight for its life. These troublesome two-legged beasts and their wolf companion were between it and freedom. And there was that lovely cow that he'd set his sights on.

Cerberus lunged at the beast growling but didn't actually get within reach of the beast's Claws, teeth, or horn. He was mostly there to distracted it while the humanoid types worked to take it down.

Once it was in position Persephone set up a large boulder to fall and crush its head. The first try missed. The rhino Buffalo reared up and nearly broke free but a second boulder struck true and finally brought it down.

With tough armor getting to the meat wasn't easy either so it took a few hours to get the meat off the bone with some tossed to the wolf for his part. With it taking so long, they set up camp a little distance away and set up what meat they didn't immediately cook and eat to dry over the fire overnight. It was an arduous process but worth the time and effort.
Last edited by Persephone on Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 32/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8, Intimidation d4
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
S1: Elan (+ 2 on Benny Rerolls)
S2: Strength d8
S3: Fighting d8, Intimidation d4
S4: Gladiator (On raise can spend a bennie to get "The Drop" on opponent)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

Suit: d4: [1] = 1

At 18, Grudge Hagen had become one of the youngest analysts in the history of the Coalition. He was believer the denizens of earth need to unite to defeat the threats coming through the rifts. Like all analysts he had met the physical requirements for field work, trained accordingly, but the expectation is that analysts analyze. And that is what he excelled at. Finding patterns in large quantities of data. But since he was a kid, he dreamed of being a field operative. Experiencing the world helping those in need. Seeing the looks of thanks on the faces of those he helped. . . but analysts never see that. No one helped by the Coalition ever gave a second thought to what goes on in the back office of an op. Noone says "Thank you for crunching those numbers." So 3 years into his job as analyst his analysis was used to topple Tolkeen. Grudge was devastated, the Coalition has basically said if you don’t join his in fighting this threat, we will do what that threat will do to you. This was not right and Geudge left the Coalition. He went down to MercTown. After a few small Merc Jobs, word came that from the ashes of Tolkeen, a group known as the Tomorrow Legion began recruiting. They promised an alliance without domination. Everyone wishing to free of the Coalition and Federation of Magic Control were welcome. A true force designed to protect everyone not just those that pledge fealty. Grudge signed up immediately in hopes he could redeem himself for his part in the fall of Tolkeen.

First he was an analyst, then when a spot opened up in a group of field operatives in the South American Jungles, he applied. His superiors begged him not to. They repeatedly reminded him he would probably die and what good would his mind be then? But Grudge never felt the challenge, the pressure of analyzing a situation in real time. It was the ultimate chance to achieve his dream. Should he ever return to be an analyst, first hand experience gives him more perspective and helps him better guide those in the field. So he proceeded, he was accepted, and he shipped out. And so far it wasn't what he expected. He arrived and they got a vehicle out of a hole. The team had taken heavy casualties, yet they trudged forward. Proof that the Tomorrow Legion was indefatigable.

John Carter is new like him. He is soldier through and through. Grudge is pretty sure when John showed up, there was an audible "Thank God" from the team. When they saw his 22 year old face in his awkwardly fit armor with weapons that seem well above his ability, he is also sure there was an audible, "WTF, why did they send a kid?" This didn't dishearten Grudge, He knew what he had to offer was less tangible. He had skills, but they have not had a chance to see them. He is definitely not a John Carter in combat but they will see that sometimes lasers arent the only solution to a problem. Then there was Persephone and Cerberus. She is Atlantean, and if his hunch was right as deadly as she is beautiful. Her faithful companion Cerberus looks like he will rip your throat out for the slightest indiscretion, and Grudge is absolutely certain he doesn't want to be on his bad side. But Cerebus loved pets and boops which Grudge gives him whenever possible. Grudge was too busy to have pets growing up. being a prodigy has its downside, honestly for a kid it is mostly downsides. Persephone, is very vocal about her reservations, and the effect of losing so many. The other two Hero and Velan, were in stark contrast. They don't even speak to Grudge. He doesn't take it personally. Sometimes it is easier to give new recruits a survival buffer, either in number of fights, a period of time of required survival to acknowledge them outside the work at hand. Makes it easier to cope with watching them get incinerated by a mortar, or seeing their head exploded by a sniper bullet. They will come around in time. On the two day trek back Grudge is just going to observe, and do occasional small talk. He purposefully didn't want to read their files. He wanted to observe for himself and get to know them organically. The only question of substance he asks at the beginning of the trip, is "What can you guys tell me about the creature you fought?"
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
Bennie: 1/2
Dragon Wounds: 4/4
Human Wounds: 3/3
PPE: 30/30
ISP: 20/20
Hero

Post by Hero »

OOC Comments
Hero Cash Grab:
Gold 3d6 Gems 2d6: [6, 4, 3]+[5, 5] = 23
130K Gold, 100K Gems
Interlude Suit 1d4: [4] = 4 Clubs
Interlude will be in a later post.
Hero manages to nudge the ATV onto the crude earthworks ramp Persephone created, letting John drive it out. As it heads up, he takes a moment to let the mud settle so he can walk out of the lake more easily--only to stop short for a brief moment. Then he scans it, and starts out of the water. Once out, the Rulian goes over to the newly extricated team vehicle, and as it's being repaired, pulls out one of the storage containers, wordlessly empties it, and immediately starts back into the murky water. "I'll explain in a bit," he radios his team, in order to not immediately reveal things to the other group that has apparently decided to team up with the Legion forces.

When he emerges, dragging the obviously waterlogged cargo container behind himself, he stops by the fire and sits on it. "So, I take it we've decided that it's better to join forces, and then worry about the disposition of the artifact once we've cut out the third team?" Once that's been confirmed, he looks at whichever of the other team seems to be in charge at the moment, then nods. "So, which faction are you working for?"
Ames Jean-louis

Post by Ames Jean-louis »

1d4: [1] = 1

Cyrus simply nodded and told the group his name when asked. He did not volunteer or ask much information in return. It wasn't that he was reluctant, or didn't trust them, he just didn't know what to say. Small talk and pleasantries were foreign to him. It just wasn't something he was used to after living most of his life in the Splynn slave market. He knew that it was the best for both teams to work together if they were going to succeed, but he didn't see much point in getting to know one another considering that even here, so far away from the brutality of the arena, life could be painfully short. What they had all just went through was evidence of that.

It was obvious that the remnants of the other team were those sent by the Tomorrow Legion. The Coalition operatives had evidently fled. Cyrus did not know much about the Legion, but assumed that it was a good thing. They, however, had some concern about the motivations of his team. The Atlantean thought long and hard about what to say. Not that he planned to lie, he just was that bad at communicating. Finally after several attempts that left him slack jawed and silent, he turned to Persephone and bared his Marks of Heritage.

"Like you, I am Atlantean. My clan was returning to Earth once we heard Atlantis had risen from the depths. We grossly underestimated the vampire threat upon our arrival. I am not sure how I survived but I went from one hell of blood and gore to another. I have spent the last few decades in the Splynn pits as a Tattooed Warrior, ironic since I once dreamed of being an Undead Slayer. I would like to say that I came through that experience in one piece, but it would be a lie. What I do know is that the Federation is why I am here. They smuggled me out of Splynn and across the Demon Sea specifically for this mission. I owe them for that.

"But my loyalty aligns with them so long as the finding of this artifact involves destroying every vampiric abomination on this planet. As long as our goals are the same, I am happy to join you and your companions."
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Bennies: 2/3
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 9 (2)
Wounds 0/3
ISP: 9/10
Fatigue 0/2
Dominion: 8
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

Cyrus Cyrillus wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:36 am
"But my loyalty aligns with them so long as the finding of this artifact involves destroying every vampiric abomination on this planet. As long as our goals are the same, I am happy to join you and your companions."[/b]
I can’t argue with the logic that the world would be much better if the vampires were no more. Maybe we are more aligned than I imagined. He wants we want, he may not know that the FoM doesn’t necessarily want what he wants, but he wants what the TL wants, a better safer world. Even if he is only focused on one of the problems. He looks at Cyrus and says, “Before joining the Legion I was an analyst for the Coalition. They are good at compartmentalizing data. Individual agents have very little knowledge of the big picture and goals. The fall of Tolkeen showed me their true colors. I used to believe the goal was to unify the earth in order to protect everyone. But it is really about control, making the world the way they want it to be. I feel that with any faction this is a possibility. I think most of us join factions out of a belief in ideals, lord knows the pay isn’t worth the headache. Federation of Magic, Coalition of States or even The Tomorrow Legion all have people that are trying to make a better and safer world. The Federation and The Coalition currently have leaders that are more focused on making THEIR WORLD whether it is better or not. For now the Legion genuinely wants to protect the denizens of Earth and make our lives better. That is why I joined and if that ever changes I will leave them too.”
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

Suit: 1d4: [4] = 4

After his team and the Feds got acquainted John distributes the key to the new encryption codes he had generated for the combined group and informs everyone which channel it should be assigned. Secure communications are must if they're going to travel and work together. Once they had taken care of that and any other things that needed to be worked out for their alliance they got underway.

John inevitably gets stuck with driving duties. He finds it ironic that out of the entire team, the one who grew up in a space station where there are no ground vehicles is the only one qualified to operate their ATV. He thinks more planet-bound people would have the necessary skill. But apparently only he and the techno-wizard were the only capable drivers in their combined group.

While driving John gets himself and Grudge up to speed on everything that's befallen the team since their arrival. The more information they have the better. That same sentiment leads him to socializing with the Feds when they stop to eat and rest. He figures it would be good to no more about people he's allied with. And doubly so if there's a possibility of them reverting into rivals again.
John Carter
John Carter

Bennies: 3/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Jack-Of-All-Trades Skill: Driving d4
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Interlude: 1d4: [4] = 4

Vela was in a poor mood. Following what could only be described as a devastating loss, at least in her mind, it was harder and harder for her to justify working with the Tomorrow Legion. She spent a great deal of time in her fully feline form...ostensibly scouting and hunting, but also just in case she decided to pull the trigger and ghost off into the night. It took time, and many nights of communion and meditation to sort through her feelings. She wasn't blaming them, in the end. She was blaming herself. All the anger was just pretending to go towards her teammates and their enemies...it was really for herself.

Knowing that didn't make it easier, but it did help Vela avoid making decisions she might later regret. What was one of the People against the whole of the Dead Kingdoms? She still needed help. It would be the doing of a fool to walk away from this. In fact, she'd spent so much time away from them, spoken so little to them, that it fell to her to try to mend some of the bridges that...while not burned...were definitely showing signs of wear and tear.

And so, as Grudge and Cyrus had their conversation, a woman slipped in among them, a little to one side but definitely trying to be part of it.

"I do not know much about a federation of magic," she said in latin-accented English, "or this coalition...though them, we have met now and I do not care for them. For me there is only one true foe. The Dead." Vela nodded slowly.

"Where I come from, the Dead are always growing, spreading out. They come, the weak mindless ones first. We hunt them. It is...a game almost. They are dangerous to children and humans." She grimaced. "But when enough fall in one place, the others take note. They send more. And more. They grow humans like humans grow goats. With so many humans, they can make as many Dead as they need. And soon, they are hunting us. So we leave. Give up territory, give up everything, and find another place."

With a deep sigh, Vela shrugged. "But soon they come again. Until there's nowhere to go. I found a place for us in the north, away from the heart of the Dead Kingdoms. But they will come here too. They will never stop."

Her golden-irised eyes met Cyrus, then Grudge, in sequence. "Unless we stop them."
Last edited by Vela on Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Hero

Post by Hero »

As the other group mentions working for "the Federation", the Rulian reacts... negatively, his hand moving to the haft of his trident, causing the blade to hum ominously, and the points of the prongs to glow with blue-green light. But, before he can take any unfortunate actions, he's interrupted by--
Crystal Clad

Post by Crystal Clad »

OOC Comments
1d4 It was a 3. *Sigh* Had to delete post because I had to fix timing.
Trek: How the group found something that
helped them along the way, such as an oasis,
minor treasure, ammo, food, friendly locals, etc.
--Crystal leaping up, shouting, "Whoa, whoa! Federation isn't like the Coalition--most of the 'Fed' is just an accident of geography. We're from Dweomer, and the Lords there have almost as much antipathy for Lord Dunscom's so-called "True Federation" as the Coalition do." As the Rulian who has been about to make trouble relaxes visibly, she presses on. "A joint operation might even help build bridges between our respective commanders, if we can come to a peaceable solution."

Once the group is underway, she mentions that, if they manage to get some downtime and resources, she might be able to upgrade people's gear. "Nothing huge, without a proper lab, but I might be able to give you some minor tweaks if we can get a few hours to breathe. I'll just need some decent crystals to work with."

As the united (for now) group makes their way in the two vehicles, they encounter a small jungle village that is tiny enough to have been largely ignored by the Vampires. The village is kept safe, apparently, largely by design--it is almost impossible to see, even from a few yards outside the border, and if the trucks hadn't driven right into the area before the locals had time to react, they could have pulled up ladders and rolled a few boulders to make their dwellings seem just part of the local cliff faces.

The natives are, naturally, quite suspicious, but Hero makes an initial approach that pacifies them long enough for others to help them make a good impression. Persephone mends some of the cliff-dwellings; Cyrus actually manages to tend some minor injuries using his pack's medkit and his own basic first aid training; John and Crystal put their heads together and fashion some quick-crank devices to make the village's 'fast-hide' maneuver even more effective.

The locals are so grateful that they share some of their own resources--dried meat and spring water from deep in the cave-homes. This gives the team a useful means of not having to hunt for supplies as they continue onward--always a time-killer in the wilderness.
Crystal Clad
Character Sheet
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 13 (6); Strain: 0
Skills: Persuasion d4+1; Common Knowledge d4^; Athletics d4
Stealth d6; Notice d8
Techno-Wizardry d12; Occult d12
Repair d12+4*; Science d6; Electronics d6*
Driving d6; Fighting d4; Shooting d6
Research 1d4=2*; Hacking 1d4-2*; Thievery 1d4-2*; Performance 1d4-1
BUILD ROLL: 1d12+4
Hindrances: Overconfident; Thin-Skinned: -2 vs. Taunt; PTSD: 1/Session, Roll Spirit or -1 Benny;
Quirk; Device Dependent: Need gear to use Powers; Enemy: Coalition States
Edges & Abilities: AB: Weird Science; Artificer: Create Arcane Devices; Arcane Machinist: Create Gizmo 6/Session
Master of Magic (Hind): Can use Mega-Modifiers; Ms. Fix-it Edge: Repairs take 1/2 time on a Raise
Machine Maestro: +1 to * skills; +2 if device is TW; Attractive (factored in)
Powers: Energy Disruption; Remote Viewing; Teleport
PPE: 20
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Persephone »

Cyrus Cyrillus wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:36 am
1d4: [1] = 1

... The Atlantean thought long and hard about what to say. Not that he planned to lie, he just was that bad at communicating. Finally after several attempts that left him slack jawed and silent, he turned to Persephone and bared his Marks of Heritage.

"Like you, I am Atlantean. My clan was returning to Earth once we heard Atlantis had risen from the depths. We grossly underestimated the vampire threat upon our arrival. I am not sure how I survived but I went from one hell of blood and gore to another. I have spent the last few decades in the Splynn pits as a Tattooed Warrior, ironic since I once dreamed of being an Undead Slayer. I would like to say that I came through that experience in one piece, but it would be a lie. What I do know is that the Federation is why I am here. They smuggled me out of Splynn and across the Demon Sea specifically for this mission. I owe them for that.

"But my loyalty aligns with them so long as the finding of this artifact involves destroying every vampiric abomination on this planet. As long as our goals are the same, I am happy to join you and your companions."
She gives him a wry smile. "I have joined forces with both Reid's Rangers and the Tomorrow Legion. I will destroy every vampire I can get my hands on. I wish we could have wiped out the city of them but we were simply too few. In trying to obtain the artifact from those who got to it first we found ourselves fighting that horror from another dimension."
She doesn't detail her background. Perhaps being careful of one she hasn't met. Perhaps not wanting to divulge to the non-Atlanteans. It is hard to tell. She doesn't seem to indicate either way. She scratches the wolf behind the ear almost absently.

When things start to get tense she grips her stone staff tightly, the thing itself giving away her identity as a Stone Master. But they calm as quickly as they start.
Once the group is underway, she mentions that, if they manage to get some downtime and resources, she might be able to upgrade people's gear. "Nothing huge, without a proper lab, but I might be able to give you some minor tweaks if we can get a few hours to breathe. I'll just need some decent crystals to work with."
"What kind of crystals do you need? I can search for them easily enough." The gems in her staff sparkle gently in the light. She certainly seems to have a lot of them.
Cheatsheet

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Special Abilities:
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Advances:
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Hero

Post by Hero »

The groups' time working together inspires Hero to be a bit more trusting--also, something Crystal said intrigues him. During a later night camp, he drags the cooler out of the Legion vehicle. "Miss Clad. I believe you said you needed resources to upgrade our gear. Will these be of use?" He opens up the trunk and reveals a considerable bounty of gold coins and gemstones. Crystal blinks, and confirms that yes, those will do nicely. Hero grins at the effect of his revelation. "Well, then, put them to good use, for those who want such things--the others can simply take a share." As the Dweomorite Techno-Wizard starts making her calculations, he divides the wealth into even piles for everyone.
OOC Comments
So, 230K Credits in mixed gold and jewels. We're at 7 characters, by my count, so everyone gets 33K in mixed jewels and gold. I think Crystal will be taking most of it in gems, with a bit of gold, and Persephone may very well take all of hers in gems, since those can be put to use immediately. Other folks without a specific need for gems can take a suitable amount of gold.
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

Notice Roll
1d10!+2: [6]+2 = 8 , 1d6!: [2] = 2
Vela wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:12 pm "I do not know much about a federation of magic," she said in latin-accented English, "or this coalition...though them, we have met now and I do not care for them. For me there is only one true foe. The Dead." Vela nodded slowly.

"Where I come from, the Dead are always growing, spreading out. They come, the weak mindless ones first. We hunt them. It is...a game almost. They are dangerous to children and humans." She grimaced. "But when enough fall in one place, the others take note. They send more. And more. They grow humans like humans grow goats. With so many humans, they can make as many Dead as they need. And soon, they are hunting us. So we leave. Give up territory, give up everything, and find another place."

With a deep sigh, Vela shrugged. "But soon they come again. Until there's nowhere to go. I found a place for us in the north, away from the heart of the Dead Kingdoms. But they will come here too. They will never stop."

Her golden-irised eyes met Cyrus, then Grudge, in sequence. "Unless we stop them."
Grudge places a hand on her shoulder and makes eye contact. "I am sorry that you have lost so much, but there is still much to fight for, and I vow you will never be fighting alone. We will stop them Vela."
Crystal Clad wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:14 pm OOC Comments
--Crystal leaping up, shouting, "Whoa, whoa! Federation isn't like the Coalition--most of the 'Fed' is just an accident of geography. We're from Dweomer, and the Lords there have almost as much antipathy for Lord Dunscom's so-called "True Federation" as the Coalition do." As the Rulian who has been about to make trouble relaxes visibly, she presses on. "A joint operation might even help build bridges between our respective commanders, if we can come to a peaceable solution."
"I am sorry for my companion's menacing composure. He has been fighting for some time. In any group, even one as new and optimistic as the Tomorrow Legion, it is hard to see past the fight. Even in the CS the average person does not want constant war. There are true believers, and they call the shots. The average Fed Citizen is just trying to live life. We are fed propaganda and fear. This world is a crucible, and it forges hard hearts. But this situation is an opportunity to see that at the end of the day all of us share one goal although the details may differ as in how to achieve it. A safer better world. And building these bridges you speak of will better serve everyone. And in the spirit of that goal, we will join in a fight against a common foe that threatens every sentient being on this planet."
Persephone wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:14 am She gives him a wry smile. "I have joined forces with both Reid's Rangers and the Tomorrow Legion. I will destroy every vampire I can get my hands on. I wish we could have wiped out the city of them but we were simply too few. In trying to obtain the artifact from those who got to it first we found ourselves fighting that horror from another dimension."
"Any data that any of you have collected on this creature would be helpful. I would like the opportunity to analyze it why we make our way."
Freemage wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:11 am
OOC Comments
The groups' time working together inspires Hero to be a bit more trusting--also, something Crystal said intrigues him. During a later night camp, he drags the cooler out of the Legion vehicle. "Miss Clad. I believe you said you needed resources to upgrade our gear. Will these be of use?" He opens up the trunk and reveals a considerable bounty of gold coins and gemstones. Crystal blinks, and confirms that yes, those will do nicely. Hero grins at the effect of his revelation. "Well, then, put them to good use, for those who want such things--the others can simply take a share." As the Dweomorite Techno-Wizard starts making her calculations, he divides the wealth into even piles for everyone.
Grudge overhears this exchange. There is hope for success, not just the mission, but for this gods forsaken world.
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Thick Jungle
16th April 110 PA
Late Afternoon

The teams had left the tiny village the next morning. It was bad enough that the CS team had a lead on them, they could not let that lead get any bigger. The loaded up and push on into the jungle. As they drove the jungle got thicker and thicker. The CS was about a day of head of you and it looked like the easiest path was not the most direct.

Ok you need to pick one of the actions below.

Driver - 2 of you are driving the ATVs. Roll driving.
Crit Fail - Drive ATV off a cliff that you did not see. ATV takes 1d4 wounds. Anyone in the ATV including you takes 1 wound and is distracted on their roll.
Fail - ATV gets stuck. Takes a 4 hours to get it unstuck. In the process the ATV takes a wound. Anyone that helps get it out shaves 30 minutes off the time but is distracted on their roll.
Success - You make it through for the day but the driving is rough. Your back is sore from being bounced around. You have 1 fatigue
Raise - The going is rough but you are good at this and know right where to go. You make good time. If both drivers get raises then you shave the CS lead down to just a few hours.

Ranger - Someone needs to hunt and find a camp that is safe. Roll survival
Crit fail - You blunder into a group of broadkil and take 1d4 wounds before you manage to escape.
Fail - You get lost for a bit and to make things worse you have to fight a large panther on the way back and take 1 wound
Success - You find a camp but it is not the best and the insects and rains keep most people up at night. Everyone takes 1 fatigue.
Raise - You find a great camp and have a large pig roasting on the fire by the time the group shows up.

Scout - Someone (more than 1 if you want) should keep their eyes open for danger. Roll Notice
Crit fail - You missed the signs and now the ATV is attacked by swarms of giant rats. Everyone in your ATV takes 1d4 wounds or the ATV takes 1d4 wounds.
Fail - You almost missed the danger. You see the giant cat coming but it is too late to moved. You take a wound as you duck back into the ATV.
Success - You avoided the danger but it was hard work. You are tired and you neck is very sore. You have 1 fatigue.
Raise - You shined like a rock star. Not only did you spot the danger and dispatch it in time. You found an old wreck in the jungle. You can salvage about parts of it to repair 1 wound on the ATV.

Support - You can roll any skill you want at -2 to support one action above.
Normal support rules apply.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Persephone »

Ranger Support
2 sux on Ranger Support
Survival 1d4!!+1: [7!!]+1 = 8
Wild 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Persephone continued to use her stone sense while assisting the driver but it also meant a great deal of staring out at the scenery. Occasionally, she would point out a spot here or there for them to rest and confer with others who were also looking until they all agreed on a spot.
Last edited by Persephone on Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheatsheet

Bennies 3/3

Cerbie
Special Abilities:
Advances:
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Crystal Clad

Post by Crystal Clad »

Crystal Driving, 7
Driving 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild Driving 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Benny
Driving 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild Driving 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
As the group gets ready to go, Crystal slides in behind the wheel (very glad their ATV isn't starting to mold on the inside, unlike... some vehicles in this affair), and heads out. She's no Operator, but she and machines have an understanding, and she gets good work out of the Federation team's ride. No disasters, but without some assistance of some sort, she's not going to be able to close the gap with the third team.....
Crystal Clad
Character Sheet
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 13 (6); Strain: 0
Skills: Persuasion d4+1; Common Knowledge d4^; Athletics d4
Stealth d6; Notice d8
Techno-Wizardry d12; Occult d12
Repair d12+4*; Science d6; Electronics d6*
Driving d6; Fighting d4; Shooting d6
Research 1d4=2*; Hacking 1d4-2*; Thievery 1d4-2*; Performance 1d4-1
BUILD ROLL: 1d12+4
Hindrances: Overconfident; Thin-Skinned: -2 vs. Taunt; PTSD: 1/Session, Roll Spirit or -1 Benny;
Quirk; Device Dependent: Need gear to use Powers; Enemy: Coalition States
Edges & Abilities: AB: Weird Science; Artificer: Create Arcane Devices; Arcane Machinist: Create Gizmo 6/Session
Master of Magic (Hind): Can use Mega-Modifiers; Ms. Fix-it Edge: Repairs take 1/2 time on a Raise
Machine Maestro: +1 to * skills; +2 if device is TW; Attractive (factored in)
Powers: Energy Disruption; Remote Viewing; Teleport
PPE: 20
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

JoAT Roll: To pick up driving of TL ATV
d12!: [3] = 3 , d6!: [5] = 5
Driving Roll:
d4!: [1] = 1 , d6!: [6!, 4] = 10

Grudge had only ever driven a desk. But he watched the TL ATV be driven on the way to the village they slept in. The team was skeptical when he volunteered, but he assured the he was a quick study. He jumped in the drivers seat, aquatinted himself with the controls and took off. It was evident Crystal Clad was in a hurry and Grudge was adamant about keeping up. It was obvious Crystal was familiar with where we were headed, or she was seeing signs or indicators that made he feel confident that she was heading in the right direction. Despite the rough terrain she navigated it beautifully. All Grudge had to do was follow her lead, which he did flawlessly. It became evident that we were making good time and very well may catch the CS. When they get to a stopping point he jumps out of the car and says “That is how it is done, folks!!!” and awkwardly holds a hand up to Crystal for a high five. He immediately questions his awkward decision, and thinks to himself, Please don’t leave me hanging.
Last edited by Ozy “Oz” on Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

Scout Notice Check = 9
Notice roll 1d8!: [4] = 4
Notice Wild Die roll 1d6!: [5] = 5
With +4 due to SARAH the final result is 9, which is a Success with a Raise
Taking a break from driving when Grudge takes over, John focuses on watching their surroundings as they travel. Thanks to his SARAH not only does he manage to spot potential threats in time to avoid or neutralize them but discovers a wrecked vehicle in the jungle that looks relatively intact.

"Lets stop and do a little salvage. Get some spare parts that might come in handy later."
John Carter
John Carter

Bennies: 3/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Jack-Of-All-Trades Skill: Driving d4
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

As the jungle thickened, Vela tilted her head up and sniffed at the humid air. For a moment she tensed...then without a word she leapt off the ATV, transforming into a sleek hunting cat in mid-bound. Then she was gone.

It was nearly an hour before her voice came over the team communications channel, grumbling in Spanish over which button to push to make the magic machine work before she realized the mic was hot. She then reported, "There is a place ahead to stop and rest. I will make a fire. Look for smoke." Then the transmission ended, and she couldn't be raised again. She'd probably turned it off instead of just going to standby. Again.

It took...a while to trundle through the jungle in the ATV, leaving a wake of crushed underbrush and bent trees behind it. A while to spot the thin thread of smoke snaking up into the sky ahead. When the team rolled up, Vela was tending a fire in the center of a cleared-out area that had formed between large rocks lying atop one another, polished almost smooth by the nearby river from when it ran higher. Over the fire was a wild hog, spitted and skinned and gutted; roasting merrily.

On seeing the ATV rumble to a halt, Vela got to her feet, now in human form. She nodded and said, "The machine chased him out of his den." With a grin she adds, "I chased it through the jungle. It went to the river to try to lose me, and when I killed it I saw this place. Moved some rocks. Pushed the bushes away. We can stay here tonight. It's close enough to water that the Dead should stay away."

Rolls: Survival 16, 1 benny spent
Survival at +2 1d8!! 1d6!!: [5]+[3] = 8

Hmm! Maybe try for a raise. Benny!

Benny reroll 1d8!! 1d6!!: [14!!]+[11!!] = 25
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Ames Jean-louis

Post by Ames Jean-louis »

Cyrus observed the new team in action. Everything seemed to go smoothly in maneuvering the ATV to a suitable camp. There even seemed to be dinner cooking when the group arrived. Cyrus was used to hardship, but even he could appreciate the food, the best he had had in a while, after what they had been through.

It would good to have a little respite. It wouldn't last long and it probably would not be long before they all were tested again.
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Bennies: 2/3
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 9 (2)
Wounds 0/3
ISP: 9/10
Fatigue 0/2
Dominion: 8
Hero

Post by Hero »

Hero realized that his skill-set was not particularly useful for the current task, so he simply readied himself during the trip for any actual combat that might occur, keeping the trident at the ready.
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Ximena was sent out from the village to see what these strange things going on were. Travelers getting to close. The village considered her sacrificial because she was an orphan and she was sent alone. Like they didn't expect her to return. She hated living there with how she was treated.

She put the thought behind her and focused on her task. She saw some smoke rising and made her way towards it. As approached the groups encampment, she did her best to remain hidden as she found a place to watch the group.
stealth: 14
Stealth 1d8=8 + ace 1d8=2 = 10 total
Wild 1d6=6 + ace 1d6=6 + ace 1d6 =2 = 14 total
In the back of Ximena's mind, Az was watching for danger. Xi didn't really know about Az so she kept quiet to not spook Xi. Xi seemed to be doing a good job and it made her happy. But she wanted to be ready if Xi got into serious danger Xi couldn't handle. Tuhina was not really interested and doing her own thing in wonderland, likely sleeping.
Dice rolls
1d8: [8] = 8
1d6: [6] = 6
1d8: [2] = 2
1d6: [6] = 6
1d6: [2] = 2
Last edited by Ximena on Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

Ximena wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:38 am She put the thought behind her and focused on her task. She saw some smoke rising and made her way towards it. As appoarched the groups encampment, she did her best to remain hidden as she found a place to watch the group.
stealth: 14
Stealth 1d8=8 + ace 1d8=2 = 10 total
Wild 1d6=6 + ace 1d6=6 + ace 1d6 =2 = 14 total
d10!+2: [1]+2 = 3 , d6!: [6!, 1] = 7 Bennie d10!+2: [5]+2 = 7 , d6!: [2] = 2

Oblivious to the world around him apparently, Grudge happily partakes of the wild hog. “Vela, this is so good. Is this just the meat or do you have like a secret seasoning? And do you just carry it with you wherever you go? Man this is good.”
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
Arn The Traveler

Post by Arn The Traveler »

Suit 1d4: [4] = 4

OOC Comments: Sorry for the delay, this is my first Savage Worlds and PBP game. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to be on the Legion team or the Fed team so I’m winging it for the moment. Thank you for your patience with me

This wasn’t how things were supposed to start out. When Arn accepted this assignment to establish contact with civilizations on the ancestral home of the Atlanteans he was hoping to finally get a chance to see Earth in all its chaotic glory. An error in pyramid transmission dumped him far off from his intended destination and into a land infested with vampires. Not exactly a stellar beginning to this new chapter in his life, he will have much to make up for.

6 months later, Arn had made his way through the territory slaying monsters and helping what people he could find. It painted a grim picture of Earth. The situation was worse than the clan elders anticipated, he needed to find a place to establish a colony and soon. The people on this world would need all the help they could get. Clan Archerean was ready to do its part in driving evil out. Arn began to hear rumors about a group of heroes traveling to a hidden temple in search of a dangerous artifact, among them people with strange tattoos. Arn hoped this means some of his brethren were nearby, he would need allies if he was to complete his mission.

Following these tales, Arn soon came across these crusaders working on freeing an ATV that was stuck in deep mud. Swooping down on this summoned Griffon, Arn introduced himself:

“Greetings! My name is Arn, and I’ve come to this world in search of a home and allies for my people”
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

“Greetings Arn.” Grudge extends a hand in a show of peace and gauges Arn’s reaction.
Stealth 1d8!: [2] = 2 , 1d6!: [3] = 3 Notice 1d10!+2: [10!, 6]+2 = 18 , 1d6!: [6!, 4] = 10
“I am Grudge Hagen. I will let my companions introduce themselves. You say that you have come here in search of a home, by here you mean Earth? What happened to your home?” It is obvious to Arn that Grudge is unsure of his intentions and is sizing him up and assessing his claim.
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius

Return to “Battle Royal”