Running Around the Galaxies (Open RP)

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Running Around the Galaxies (Open RP)

Post by Ndreare »

Aboard the ship the crew often has many days or weeks onboard when going from one location to another. Some of the conversations held here have shaped their live more than the events that happen on planet or in Center.

This is an Open Roleplay Area: Post in character interludes, and stories interacting with each other. There is no die rolling needed or GM oversight. Just enjoy chatting together.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Grazz

Re: Running Around the Galaxies (Open RP)

Post by Grazz »

Grazz let out a mighty roar that shook the whole ship as he entered the cargo bay. He was tired and he had lost the cargo. Not sure how he was going to tell @Death Otter that the cargo Grazz was sent to retrieve was gone. Stolen by Grudge. Why was this damn bay so tight? Someone must have parked the dropship in the wrong spot. Grazz pushed the Formosa over to the wall and then curled up and laid down. Everyone knew Grazz was back. Grazz would wait for them to come to him. Grazz was in no mood to take on a small weak form right now.

Grazz left size 6 but is now size 8.
Vi

Post by Vi »

@Grazz @Technospawn

Boon eyed the negative power coupler that was burnt out and preventing the overdrive thruster form working. Piece of crap Consortium part. The ship really would be better off using a UWW coupler. Granted, getting his hands on one of those in this sector was next to impossible.

Sighing the exCommando and ships mechanic tossed the broken coupler across the room. It bounced off a wall and landed in his temporary sleeping hammock. More nights than he cared, he slept in the ship’s engine room. The coupler started to smolder the cloth hammock but fizzled out and miraculously didn’t burn the hammock up.

Eyeing the thruster mechanism Boon rubbed his temples with his black fingers and softly growled.

“Shit parts.”

Opening his UWW Field mechanics bag he rifled through its contents and was surprised to find a UWW designed power coupler.

“Nice!”

Laughing from his good fortune he pulled the coupler out of the bag and clicked it into place in the thruster.

“There we go…duh f’uk?”

The grinding sound from the adjacent cargo hold was loud.

It sounded like the Formosa had just been shoved across the cargo hold, but that was insane.

Leaving the engine room and grabbing up his GR15 Gravtech Assault Rifle Boon moved to the cargo hold to get a look at what was up.

Slinging the rifle across his back, seeing there was no need for it, Boon looked at the Formosa. No apparent damage. Boon looked at Grazz. No apparent damage.

“Not that I could help…”

Walking across the cargo hold the mechanic made his way down a hall to the small break room that had a cooler. Grabbing two beers, some obscure meads likely knock offs of real UWW mead, but still high content alcohol, he made his way back into the cargo hold.

Tired from working on the overdrive thruster, now fixed, Boon sat on a wooden box that was near the large dragon. Setting the second beer on the metal floor he toed it across the floor and it stopped right next to Grazz’s nose.

Ignoring the dragon Boon popped the top off his drink and downed a third of it right off.

“Some f’uk’n days.”

Boon said no more, and worked on his drink in silence.
Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
Henry- CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle
Vi - “Former” Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers

Grazz

Post by Grazz »

Grazz threw the whole can in his maw and "opened" it with his teeth. When the beer finished spraying down his throat, Grazz turned to @Boon. "When it comes time to eat the crew, Grazz shall eat you last."

Grazz relaxed his head on his mighty forearms and looked at Boon as if he was sizing up a t-bone steak. Finally he spoke again "tell Grazz of your great heroics on Kelian Prime and maybe I will wait till tomorrow to eat you."
Berkyn of Celik

Post by Berkyn of Celik »

Lawrence walked into the cargo hold. He had to get out of his quarters. Al had some kind of galactic flea infestation again. The D'Norr swore the next time it happened he would get rid of the Alu. Lawrence then remembered how much it would upset Dee and begrudgingly accepted the fact that if he wanted her around and happy, Al stayed, too.

He hoped Lamont stayed with Al and Dee, but he knew he hadn't. The Shadow Beast took to looking after Lawrence seriously and was always around. He was still trying to make sure he stayed in the Remorseless' crew good graces being the new guy. Dee could disguise her infernal form and appear human...a very good looking one at that and Al could be passed off as a big ferocious guard dog. Folks were supposed to be afraid of him. Those who identified him as an Alu usually didn't care or were smart enough to leave well enough alone. Lamont was a different story, however, twelve feet of scream yourself hoarse terror. Great to have around in a fight, not so great when trying to have a polite conversation.

Seeing Boon and Graz brightened Lawrence's spirits. Finally, a chance to talk to sentient beings that weren't forced to agree with you.

"Hey Fellas, any more of that swill lying around?"

Bennys: 2/3
Pace: 6 Parry 6 Toughness 5
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 1/2
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

And it was at that moment that a voice crackled to life over the intercom systems in the hangar. A pitchy female voice talking in a sort of singsong that felt like someone parodying motherly concern.

"Graaaaaaaazzz? Do we need to have another talk about hangar etiquette? You're never gonna get yourself a real pile of gold coins to lay on if you keep denting the dropship."

The doors swished open, allowing Death Otter's poof of violently pink hair atop a stalk of a body to saunter in. She surveyed the crewmates taking refuge there, taking in the room's vibe, then snickered and waved her hands around herself as if fanning smoke around.

"Oh, the angst...it's in the air...it's everywhere... Like you guys all bought new puppies, gave them names, and then someone came along and STUFFED THEM INTO SACKS and drowned them while you watched. Seriously, it's that bad. What is even the hell? We're not doing a consolation pizza party before we get paid, I don't care how cute they were."
Vi

Post by Vi »

“Pffft. Grazz I’m sure I’m too spicy for you but hey. You gotta eat me. Eat me.”

Taking a swig of the beer Boon downed it and grinned.

“Now ya see back in my CAF days I ‘hit down’ on a few desert planets. Mostly boring missions. But one time.”

As Lawrence enters Boon waves.

“I’ll grab you one. They’re not bad. Taste a little like kissing a Kreeghor, but they get the job done.”

As Boon returns with a full 18 pack he sets it down next to Grazz. Taking 8 out he hands them out to the others.

Handing two to Death Otter he grins.

“Puppies. Heh. Oh hey the Overdrive Coupler is fixed now by the way. Have a drink. Grazz was just about to tell us about that time he ate a Cosmo Knight.”

Dropping back onto a crate in the cargo room the brawny black man popped open his own beer as relaxed against the crate.

Grazz

Post by Grazz »

Grazz opened one eye and looked over at @Death Otter then turned to @Boon "what does otter taste like?"

Grazz then eyed the D'norr @Lawrence Benson . At least they were born with power. Not enough to make up for their weak bodies, but power. "Yes, come drink with us"

Flipping two more beers into his giant maw, Grazz speaks in a loud thundering voice "no one shall hurt Dantanius the terror. Mightiest of the hounds of Felchin. For we will both feast on your flesh."

Laying his head back down on the deck, Grazz could hear the growls and squeals coming from the ball of fur tearing viciously at his paw. Grazz growled in contentment.
Dantanius.jpg
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Nimbus comes stumbling out of his quarters, dragging his bad leg, an empty coffee cup dangling from his finger. "Holy hell, if you're going to eat each other, can you at least do it quietly?

He makes his way over to the coffee assembler, and fills his cup.
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter could only stare at the little doglet in astonishment. First because...a puppy? In this dimension? Did they even HAVE dogs here? Second because...a puppy?! On this ship? And third...A PUPPY!

"Okay," she said, unable to stop from laughing. "That's legitimately pretty cute. Also, hound of felching is unintentionally hilarious and I'm going to caption this image with that and see who gets it." Otter pantomimed taking a snapshot with a handheld camera.

As Nimbus strolled in complaining about the noise, the ship's intercom in the hangar blared, "OH SORRY ABOUT THAT, BUT NO GET SOBER OR SOMETHING." Then it cut off with a momentary shriek of feedback.

"All right. For real though, Grazzy B, no shoving the dropship. You break it, and you'll have to carry the next team planetside on your back, okay?"

Then Death Otter glanced over at Nimbus. "Hang on, shouldn't the coffee machine be in the galley? It's like herding cats around here."
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Nimbus grins sheepishly. "I was doing some baking and it got a bit out of hand so I had to relocate it here temporarily. You won't care where the coffee assembler is once you try these scones I made."
Vi

Post by Vi »

The exCommando, mechanic, looked up: ”Food?”

Sitting back in the large shag banana yellow couch that was set against the wall he paused in downing his drink when the others eyed him sitting.

”Ugh. Cargo hold is close to the engine room, and the storage room… extra beers… and well, it’s roomy. Look how relaxed Grazz looks. I ordered this couch and put it in here two days ago…”

Boon shrugs.

Looking at Nimbus, ”Food?”

Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Nimbus nods. "I made a couple dozen scones, I was having trouble sleeping last night. Help yourself." He finds an open spot and gingerly sits down, the coffee sloshing around in his cup.
Vinghab

Post by Vinghab »

In everyone's mind, and in their native language, a smooth voice chimes in. "Nimbus, I could speak to you like this and it would still be too loud. Have you considered meditation?"
The Rulian saunters into the hold, a scone in hand. "But they are good. You have a plethora of talents, but if all you could do is bake these, we would be the luckiest crew in the multiverse." He smiles his winning smile at @Nimbus, his sincerity obvious. At least, you're pretty sure he's sincere.
He bows at @Grazz, and in perfect Dragonese, exhorts the monstrous creature. "My mighty friend, remember the pact we made. No eating your translator. He tastes terrible and will give you the worst kind of indigestion."
He takes a bite of the scone in his hand. "Delicious."
Vinghab
Vinghab
Pace: 7; Parry: 2
Toughness: 19 (8)
Pertinent Edges: Charismatic, Elan, Hard to Kill, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Mentalist
Current Status Post
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

"Meditation? Hmm, that's a thought. However, I think my mind is too evil for that, always scheming." He smiles, satisfied to see his friend enjoying the scone.
Grazz

Post by Grazz »

Grazz looked up at @Vinghab, "I would never eat you. I am sure otters taster better anyways."
Berkyn of Celik

Lawrence drank the swill Boon gave him. It did, in fact, taste like piss. Whether it was Kreeghor piss or not, he did not know or really want to. Still, it was strong enough to dull the irritation with Dee and Al.

He nodded to Grazz and crushed the tossed the now empty beer into a receptacle. Grabbing another he said, "Thank you, I think I will."

Halfway through his second beer, some more of the crew walked in. He had to admit, he was amongst his peers. The conversation revolved around killing puppies and eating sentient beings, something most would run away from screaming. But there was a darker side to the Megaverse, one that...

"Did somebody say scones!?"

Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Nimbus grins "Yes, plenty in the galley, help yourself @Lawrence Benson."
Grazz

Post by Grazz »

Grazz glared @Nimbus, Grazz does assume the shape of lesser beings just for cooked dough. You bring a dozen to Grazz and another for Danta the destroyer.
Berkyn of Celik

Lawrence thought to himself that scones would be just the thing to take back to Dee. Might even convince her to even agree that Al needs a bath.

"I think I will, much obliged. You need any help in the galley, let me know. I can summon something up to clean up."

Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Nimbus grins @Lawrence Benson "If you're offering .."

Nimbus turns on the holovision and shushes everyone. Trivia Trapezoids is on, his favorite show.
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"You know, we actually have a lounge...eh, whatever. Y'all do what you want."

Death Otter sighed and grabbed a pair of scones, then tossed one to Grazz...and then took another one because she'd already almost finished the first.

"Here you go, big guy. Otters taste fantastic, by the way. You are not wrong."

It took only five minutes of Trivia Trapezoids for her to get bored though, so she decided to make a NEW game out of it. Little tweaks to the incoming signal, little adjustment of the image/audio reproduction elements...and each time someone got something right, she'd make it sound and look like they got it transparently, agonizingly wrong...and then the game show would proceed to give them awards and money anyway.

All right, the host said eagerly, for the fourth isosceles, what is the ruler-deity of the Parnasian Theosophy?

The contestant-sapient grimaced in thought, the cooling tendrils along the sides of their skull-fronds waving frantically to dissipate the excess heat of all that brain activity. Then, instead of the correct answer of 'The Diluted Aprax,' they seemed to say, 'MUH BALLZ.'

The lights went off and flashed as dingers rang and the audience went wild! The fourth isosceles completed! What a victory! It's so amazing they know so much!

Otter snickered and wished she was actually at the station itself, so she could corrupt the source transmission and EVERYONE would see this version, instead of just the people watching it on the Remorseless. Ah well. Baby steps.
Vinghab

Post by Vinghab »

Vinghab cocks his (rather large) head to the side, confused by "MUH BALLZ." "That's strange. I actually negotiated a trade agreement with The Diluted Aprax several cycles ago. No ballz were present. Very agreeable once you get past the god complex. Or, more precisely, stoke it just right. Delicate work, that." He then realizes what has happened with Trivia Trapezoids. "Ah, this is the Otter edit. Delightful!" He salutes her with a half-eaten scone in hand.
Vinghab
Vinghab
Pertinent Edges: Charismatic, Elan, Hard to Kill, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Mentalist
Current Status Post
Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: 2-01 No one said life would be dull

Post by Sabrek Vek »

Sabrick has spent the last two weeks, tracking the Pursuit, to no avail. His inquiries revealed that there was a crew that crossed paths with them regularly in competition for jobs. The ship was the Remorseless, captained by one Death Otter. Sabrick heard tell that one of their crew members was just seen in the underbelly of Center, and luck would have it that is where Sabrick was. This was his best chance to locate the crew.

This crew member in question was named Grazz. After some inquiries he got a description. One of the folks he questioned said he would look like he wasn’t comfortable in his own skin. Sabrick thought that was a strange turn of phrase and thought it silly until he finally saw his target. He moved like a giant trapped in the body of a dwarf, even though his size was considerable. Every movement no matter how small seemed unnatural to him. Sabrick followed him to a building and waited outside until he exited. He seemed to be in a hurry. But Sabrick kept up with him.

He followed him to what he assumed was the Remorseless. Sabrick felt awkward and was hesitant to approach the ship. He never had an issue finding work, there was plenty of work around for his skill set. But he had never approached a ship and asked to sign on. He wasn’t even sure they would let him join, but he had to try. This was his best chance to cross paths with the Pursuit and deliver justice. He couldn’t afford to miss this opportunity. He approached the ship curious to see how it would all play out.
Grazz

Post by Grazz »

Notice d6!!: [4] = 4 Wild d6!!: [15!!] = 15

Grazz was almost back to the ship when he smelled the prey again. He had been smelling the same prey since the left the warrens. Once in the ship yard, Grazz turned past a Kaldorian Freighter. Once Hidden he quickly dropped his altered form and waited for the prey. When @Sabrick_Vek came around the corner Grazz was there to greet him is all of Grazz's glorious form.

"You smell like chicken and Grrazz loves good roasted chicken. Speak clear and plainly now and tell Grazz why Grazz should not eat you. You know Grazz is hungry and roasted chicken does sound good."

Grazz glares deeply at the ... well Grazz did not know what race he was but Grazz does not care. Most of the taste the same. "Tell you splug masters that Grazz will never go back to the pits. Grazz will eat all who try to bring Grazz back to the pits."
Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sabrek Vek »

Technospawn wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:00 am
Notice d6!!: [4] = 4 Wild d6!!: [15!!] = 15

Grazz was almost back to the ship when he smelled the prey again. He had been smelling the same prey since the left the warrens. Once in the ship yard, Grazz turned past a Kaldorian Freighter. Once Hidden he quickly dropped his altered form and waited for the prey. When @Sabrick_Vek came around the corner Grazz was there to greet him is all of Grazz's glorious form.

"You smell like chicken and Grrazz loves good roasted chicken. Speak clear and plainly now and tell Grazz why Grazz should not eat you. You know Grazz is hungry and roasted chicken does sound good."

Grazz glares deeply at the ... well Grazz did not know what race he was but Grazz does not care. Most of the taste the same. "Tell you splug masters that Grazz will never go back to the pits. Grazz will eat all who try to bring Grazz back to the pits."
Although Sabrick is doing everything in his power to not show the shear shock of the visage in front of him, he is noticeably surprised. He quickly stills himself and replies,

“I know nothing of these pits of which you speak, but if you think I will be as easy to devour as a simple roasted bird, you are mistaken. I am sure to be a meal that is most disagreeable, and deadly.

Sabrick takes a defensive posture.

“I have come seeking work on the Remorseless. I was told you were a member of the crew. I seek an audience with Captain Death Otter. I was following you to find the Remorseless and speak with them. I am Sabrick Vek, formerly of the planet Spartax.”
Vinghab

Post by Vinghab »

"@Grazz! Easy, killer! We haven't even been properly introduced!" The voice calls out from the hatch of the ship. Stepping out onto the landing platform, the Rulian extends open, empty hands, palm forward, towards the newcomer.
"Spartax, you say? Hm.
Smarts for language: 1d12!!: [16!!] = 16
WD Smarts: 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
..."
Transitioning seamlessly - and fluently - to @Sabrick_Vek's native language, he addresses the newcomer. "Salutations, Sabrick Vek. I am Vinghab. You can understand our hesitation in welcoming guests who appear to have stalked us to find us. However, we aren't above making new friends in...colorful ways. Tell me why you've sought us out in particular and how you know @Death Otter? There's no need for bloodshed, assuming you're not trying to collect some clearly misplaced bounty." He smiles, but a Spartax tactician would note that he has walked far enough away from the dragon that there's no way to keep them both in view.
Vinghab
Vinghab
Current Status Post
Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sabrek Vek »

Put at ease by hearing his native tongue Sabrick relaxes his shield dropping to his side from his defensive position. He has a huge blade on his back a pistol on his hip. Neither of which is drawn. He only has his shield at the ready.
In Spartaxian “It thas been 2 years since I have heard the tongue of my homeworld. Thank you.” Converting back to English.
“First know had I intended to harm or capture you, I would have done so. Had I been stalking your companion rather than following him he would never had noticed me. He may of noticed I wasn’t attempting to be stealth as I approached the ship. I followed your companion because your ship is difficult to track. Having no ship of my own, I had to use a considerable amount of credits and contacts, to find a place I could lie in wait, with the expectation you would eventually visit. I have been waiting for a week for any word of your presence. It is imperative I join your crew and this was my best opportunity. May I speak with Captain Death Otter about an arrangement of employment.”.
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

And right about then is when a young human woman in a black bodysuit and overcoat, her hair a shade of pink violent enough that it was probably wanted in thirteen systems, came strolling around the corner with her hands stuffed in her pockets. Her eyes were closed and she was sort of jerking her head side to side to a rhythm only she could hear. Or almost, because she was vocalizing, "bah bah bah bah bahdahdah blidididldidle PSHHHH" as she went.

Right past Grazz, then up to Vinghab. Only at that point did she open her eyes and cease listening to whatever she'd been listening to.

Next to Sabrick, she was a wisp. He could probably grab her around the waist with one of his giant hands and crush her viscera to jelly; armor or no armor. But her eyes glinted with mischief and a certain malicious mirth. Not a trace of trepidation or intimidation.

"So you're Sabrick Vek," she said in Trade 4, drawing out the vowels just a little more than normal. "I'd say I thought you'd be bigger...buuuuuut then you'd be altering orbits wherever you went. Can't have that."

"Why's it so 'imperative' you get an 'arrangement of employment,' with us Sabrick?" asked the woman then. "You've got a bit of a rep. You're a pretty straight shooter...you know...for a murderer. Kinda seems to ME like The Remorseless and her crew might not be the best FIT for you. Of course, since you've been stalking us, you know that...which means you think there's something we can give you that no one else can. And as much as I hate to say it, your official records and GalNet footprint aren't giving me enough to guess."

"Here's the deal then. What do you want from us? What are you prepared to offer us? Cards on the table, no games. Make or BREAK. Do or DIE, and other expressions to that effect."
Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sabrek Vek »

Death Otter wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:33 pm And right about then is when a young human woman in a black bodysuit and overcoat, her hair a shade of pink violent enough that it was probably wanted in thirteen systems, came strolling around the corner with her hands stuffed in her pockets. Her eyes were closed and she was sort of jerking her head side to side to a rhythm only she could hear. Or almost, because she was vocalizing, "bah bah bah bah bahdahdah blidididldidle PSHHHH" as she went.

Right past Grazz, then up to Vinghab. Only at that point did she open her eyes and cease listening to whatever she'd been listening to.

Next to Sabrick, she was a wisp. He could probably grab her around the waist with one of his giant hands and crush her viscera to jelly; armor or no armor. But her eyes glinted with mischief and a certain malicious mirth. Not a trace of trepidation or intimidation.
What is this creature? She is so calm. She doesn’t seem to be at alert like the others. ‘Beware the one that is calm in the most tense situation.’ You are in the animals den , their comfort is their advantage and your danger.
Death Otter wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:33 pm "So you're Sabrick Vek," she said in Trade 4, drawing out the vowels just a little more than normal. "I'd say I thought you'd be bigger...buuuuuut then you'd be altering orbits wherever you went. Can't have that."

"Why's it so 'imperative' you get an 'arrangement of employment,' with us Sabrick?" asked the woman then. "You've got a bit of a rep. You're a pretty straight shooter...you know...for a murderer. Kinda seems to ME like The Remorseless and her crew might not be the best FIT for you. Of course, since you've been stalking us, you know that...which means you think there's something we can give you that no one else can. And as much as I hate to say it, your official records and GalNet footprint aren't giving me enough to guess."

"Here's the deal then. What do you want from us? What are you prepared to offer us? Cards on the table, no games. Make or BREAK. Do or DIE, and other expressions to that effect."
Replying likewise in Trade 4
“You are partially correct. I am competent with my weapon and I always shoot straight. However, I am not a murderer. My code forbids it. I don’t kill the unarmed or innocent. I always make sure combat is in my opponents favor. I only take bounties and no assassinations. I only kill if they resist but they always have the chance to surrender. I can’t help if many believe absurdly they can defeat me.

You are also correct that I seek employ for my own personal motives. I have justice to mete out. The crew of the Pursuit crossed me and brutally murdered innocents during the acquisition of a bounty. These innocents were unarmed and posed no threat. As I held the woman and child in my arms and they drew their last breath, I promised to make them pay for such brutal dishonor. I have made a vow sacred to my people that Nemesis, Hiesh and Grudge shall pay for their crimes. Every contact I have said the absolute best chance I have to cross paths with them was by joining your crew. I offer you my considerable skills and aptitude in the completion of your jobs. But when we cross paths with them I will fulfill my vow. You now know what I offer and what I want. The decision is yours.”

Return to “Phase World On the Job”