GoldenEye

We're under contract. Time to deliver the goods.
Kara Acoma

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara pulled her eye from her sniper rifle's scope and glanced towards Clara. No targets around. Moving out.

"Hold up a sec. Coming."

She was used to operating covertly and could move just as quietly. She exfiltrated from her overwatch position and headed after Clara to pursue with her.

Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: Sniper Rifle
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
Mille Visage

Post by Mille Visage »

Mille sighs and nods. "Cancel the order canceling that order. We're going underground, and yes, Clara, by all means, you can go first."
Signature
Attributes: Agility d8; Smarts d8; Spirit d8; Strength d6; Vigor d8
Pace: 6/8 (d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (6); Strain: 8/8
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Persuasion d10 (Free Re-Roll; Free Re-Roll Streetwise; +1 Foreign Language; +1/+2 Cyber-Attractive)
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Fighting d8 (Cybernetics +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Hindrances: Driven, Vengeful, Ruthless
Edges:
Streetwise, Charismatic, Born Negotiator, Linguistics, Connections: NG Sales, Charmingly Fluent
Command, Master Tactician, Natural Leader
Reliable, Scholar: Battle, Inspire
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
Adrenal System (+2 vs. Shaken/Stunned)
Cy-Wi Reflexes I, Bionic Strength I
HtH Reaction Wiring (+2 Fighting, +1 Parry included)
Gear (Underlined Gear gets Northern Gun Manufacture Bonus: Roll Common Knowledge to cancel TechDifficulty):
Vibro-Knife (2d6 MD, AP 6)
NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48; 3d6, AP 2; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG L-20 Pulse Rifle (Range 24/48/96; 4d6, AP 2; RoF 3; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Upgrades: +1 Shooting; Ignore 2 points of accuracy penalties)
(Heavy Pulse: RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, apply Snapfire)
Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun Shells: Range 5/10/20; 1-3d6; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Shotgun Rules +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Slugs: Range 5/10/20; 2d10; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG-Honor Guard Heavy Ion Pistol (• Range: 8/16/32; Damage: 1– 3d10; Calibrated& Laser Targeting: +2 Shooting; Wide Spread: +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Heavy Pulse: Uses 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, Snapfire)
(EMP Attack: 3 Shots, Called Shot, Hit/Raise = Shut down 1/2 rounds, Borgs/Bots/Etc resist with Smarts, take 1/2 Fatigue instead)
MDC Handcuffs (Hardness: 20)
NG Grapnel & Launcher: (Cord: 110’, 2000 lb, Hardness 12; Range: 18")
(Shooting Success = Hooked Target; Retract Reel gives +2/+4 Athletics (Climbing); Light Target is pulled closer)
(Unwilling Target resists Shooting w/ Agility; Shooting Success/Raise = Entangled/Bound)
NG Language Translator
Vinnie Decker

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie peers down the darkened hole. "I can't see squat. I'll check your six until we can get it lit up." He does one last scan of the warehouse, then points his 45LP at a low ready facing the secret passage. "There's always an underground. Wonder how deep this one goes."
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

@Clara Volker 's eyes quickly adapt. She spots a ledge about half way down the hole, some slimy material of indecernable color coating it. You hear a faint trickling of water somewhere down below. The rope ladder seems sturdy enough.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Kara Acoma

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara slung her sniper rifle over her back to keep it out of the way when climbing.

Standing next to Clara and looking down she said, "I do have a climbing kit instead. Might be more reliable than that rope."

Weapon in Hand: Sniper Rifle
Character Sheet
Jack Cooper

Post by Jack Cooper »

Jack peers down into the inky blackness of the hole. "Jesus, Mary and Joseph anybody see a light switch down there? Because I only see diddly and squat."

Pointing at his own face the irritation is obvious in his voice, "Mark One Eyeball here people. Guess I shoulda brought along a flashlight or somethin but no one said anything about goin down any dark holes. I could stub my toe or somethin."

Pausing a moment Jack looks at the others "So, who want's to go first?"
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper

Player: James
Bennies 2 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

Vinnie Decker

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie shakes his head @Jack Cooper. "Nah. We don't need sacrificial lambs, so I'm staying here until we get it lit." He glances over the faces of the rest of his comrades.
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pertinent Edges:
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
Mask

Post by Mask »

Something brushed past Jack as he peered into the inky darkness of the passage. Something that couldn't be seen and made no noise, but had substance enough to push the air ahead of it, and set the fringe of his clothes moving just a hair.

Mask's voice came indistinctly, seeming more like an echo of a sound than the origination of one.

"I'll go ahead. If they think the darkness will hide them from me, they're in for a rude awakening."

Then she was into the narrow tunnel, the optic systems built into her mask peeling away shadow and showing her a black and white world. Not that there was much to see, of course. Not yet. Despite feeling at ease and in her element in the gloom, she didn't let herself fall prey to the insidious killer of overconfidence. Rather Mask watched for tripwires or pressure pads as she went, or signs of movement ahead. Seeing in the dark wasn't her exclusive providence after all.

Rolls: Stealth 4, Notice 7
Stealth (+2 for stealth armor)
1d8!! 1d6!!: [2]+[2] = 4
Notice (+2 for multioptics helmet, also no penalty from lack of illumination)
1d8!! 1d6!!: [5]+[5] = 10
Kara Acoma

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara shrugged as she looked at Clara. She had her own optics package augmenting her sight so did not need to wait for anyone to toss down a chem light either.

"I better back her up," she said starting to climb after Mask. She moved like ghost into the darkness.

Athletics 1d10!!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Notice 1d6+2!!: [3]+2 = 5 Wild 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
Stealth 1d12+2!!: [12]+2 = 14 Wild 1d6+2!!: [3]+2 = 5

Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Jack Cooper

Post by Jack Cooper »

With the ladies going down the rabbit hole Jack turns back to the gang leader Bianca still trussed up on the floor. Squatting down he pulls Bessie from its holster and gently taps Bianca on the cheek. "Wakey, wakey little darlin' I gots a few questions that have a powerful need of answering." Jacks tone turns hard as he finishes "I'd hate to have and blow off any bits you'd like to keep but I ain't known fer my

Intimidation w/ Vulnerable bonus 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild Die w/ Vulnerable bonus 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3

Spending a bennie on reroll going for a raise dammit
Intimidation w/ Vulnerable bonus + Elan 1d6!!+4: [1]+4 = 5
Wild Die w/ Vulnerable bonus + Elan 1d6!!+4: [3]+4 = 7

Spending ANOTHER bennie!
Intimidation w/ Vulnerable bonus + Elan 1d6!!+4: [3]+4 = 7
Wild Die w/ Vulnerable bonus + Elan 1d6!!+4: [1]+4 = 5
."

Jack Cooper

Bennies 2 of 3

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
WIP
-2 Distracted

Bianca resist 1d6!!: [2] = 2
@Kara Acoma and @Mask slip into the passageway. It's roughly 1.5 meters wide, so not entirely uncomfortable. They climb down 2 meters and find themselves on a little ledge. They climb down from the ledge and find themselves on solid concrete. Before them is a cheap plastic door and @Mask 's caution pays off as she notices a laser trip wire set to go off if the door opens.
In the distance, the two hear a scraping of metal on concreate.
instructions

If you want to disable the alarm roll the lower of thievery or electronics.
@Jack Cooper 's words seem to do something to Bianca. Her eyes start to focus a bit, and he can see her slowly making some sort of calculation in her head. She looks at his gun, and nods to herself.

"What do you want to know?" she asks @Jack Cooper, her words slurring.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Mask

Post by Mask »

On spotting the tiny bit of apparatus in the wall of the narrow corridor, Mask paused and leaned down to inspect it more carefully. A lens in a recessed aperture. With an adjustment to the settings of her optics she could see the infrared light source of a laser beam.

She shifted to the opposite wall, where the photoreceptor was. There was a plastic molding where it fitted into the wall that Mask carefully pried loose to get access to the wiring. Here she took out her field computer and clamped leads to the wires.

After a moment to map the circuit, Mask unhooked the computer and took a bridge wire to run a bypass, effectively cutting the receptor out of the loop so its status would no longer cause the interruption that triggered whatever this trap was meant to do; alarm or otherwise.

Rolls: Electronics 7 (8 if Thief edge applies in this case)
Electronics (+2 from field computer)
1d8!! 1d6!!: [5]+[5] = 10
Benny, methinks
1d8!! 1d6!!: [3]+[2] = 5

Okay, if the bonus from Thief applies, that's an 8. Otherwise a 7. I'll stick with that, I guess.
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

@Mask easily disables the rudimentary alarm. She peeks through the crack between the door and the frame and sees a dimly lit open room with a metal type floor over pools of water. A sewer. Her eye catches the two escaped thugs roughly 20 meters away directly across from her position, at the bottom of another rope ladder. They drop to the ground and begin to walk, weapons drawn and readied. They are heading west.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Mask

Post by Mask »

Still invisible, Mask spoke in a low voice, extending a hand with fingers outstretched. Shadows lengthened in the room, slithering over the floor like ebon snakes, and twirling up in front of the fleeing people to blossom into a copy of Mask's armored form, wreathed in dark smoke and shadow; eye lenses glowing with the angry orange-yellow of heated iron.

"Rejoice," the illusion hissed, "you will not die today. Not yet."

The smoky darkness that hung like a mantle around the not-Mask's shoulders reared up and formed into an array of long tapered tendrils of shadow that wove around one another, then lashed out at one of the escapees all at once. They plunged into his body apparently without resistance, causing no visible harm...but transfixing him nonetheless in a silent scream...

The other one, Mask thought, might try to fight or might try to run. It'd be interesting to see which way he went.

Rolls: 17 to cast, 14 to attack
Spellcasting to cast Illusion
1d10!! 1d6!!: [1]+[1] = 2
Using Sound, Strong and Deadly Illusion modifiers for a total cost of 9 PPE, 8 after Channeling. Subjects are Smarts -4 to disbelieve.

...ok, let me consult with the GM on this, lol OK...spending 5 EP to reroll this with a bennie

1d10!! 1d6!!: [13!!]+[4] = 17

Then making an attack on one of them, a contest of my Spellcasting versus their Smarts at -2 (not sure if Strong applies to this)
1d10!! 1d6!!: [2]+[1] = 3

Then that is dire too, so...last bennie, lol.

1d10!! 1d6!!: [3]+[11!!] = 14

If I succeed, the subject suffers a Wound. It is Mask's intention that this Wound not result in permanent injury, but rather just incapacitation.
Last edited by Mask on Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mille Visage

Post by Mille Visage »

Seeing that Jack has the Bianca situation well in hand, Mille drops down behind the other three women (though, of course, she's still in "Neil" mode right now--no reason to get her real face involved, yet), and follows along behind them, staying back and being ready to offer support and guidance where necessary. @Vinnie Decker, stay up there and watch @Jack Cooper's back--I don't want him getting shot by reinforcements returning."

Then she walks along behind, staying alert to danger for the time being. When Mask signals that she sees someone up ahead, she hisses as softly as she can over the radio. "Try to take them alive. I'd like to find out where they were going to be going."

Clara and Kara both get +1 to Fighting
Support Fighting rolls
Battle 1d10!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild Battle 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Free Re-roll for Support
Battle 1d10!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild Battle 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Signature
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Persuasion d10 (Free Re-Roll; Free Re-Roll Streetwise; +1 Foreign Language; +1/+2 Cyber-Attractive)
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Edges:
Streetwise, Charismatic, Born Negotiator, Linguistics, Connections: NG Sales, Charmingly Fluent
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
Gear (Underlined Gear gets Northern Gun Manufacture Bonus: Roll Common Knowledge to cancel TechDifficulty):
NG L-20 Pulse Rifle (Range 24/48/96; 4d6, AP 2; RoF 3; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Upgrades: +1 Shooting; Ignore 2 points of accuracy penalties)
Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun Shells: Range 5/10/20; 1-3d6; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Shotgun Rules +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
NG-Honor Guard Heavy Ion Pistol (• Range: 8/16/32; Damage: 1– 3d10; Calibrated& Laser Targeting: +2 Shooting; Wide Spread: +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(EMP Attack: 3 Shots, Called Shot, Hit/Raise = Shut down 1/2 rounds, Borgs/Bots/Etc resist with Smarts, take 1/2 Fatigue instead)
(Shooting Success = Hooked Target; Retract Reel gives +2/+4 Athletics (Climbing); Light Target is pulled closer)
(Unwilling Target resists Shooting w/ Agility; Shooting Success/Raise = Entangled/Bound)
NG Language Translator
Vinnie Decker

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie nods at @Mille Visage. "Don't have to tell me twice." He takes up a position a few yards away from @Jack Cooper to keep a lookout, as well as not making one easy grenade target.
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pertinent Edges:
Kara Acoma

Post by Kara Acoma »

As Mask was disarming the tripwire alarm, Kara had swung Star Bright around to cradle it in hand. She always felt more comfortable with her weapon in hand. Even if they might be in close quarters quickly.

As Mask peeked through the door and tensed up, the sniper moved to position herself where the muzzle of her rifle could poke through the gap and follow up on the ambush. Hearing the suggestion to take them alive, Kara shifted her aim lower. “Maybe a leg wound will work.”

Called Shot on Legs
Shooting 1d12+1!!: [4]+1 = 5 Wild 1d6+1!!: [1]+1 = 2
Notice 1d6+2!!: [3]+2 = 5 Wild 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6

Weapon in Hand: Star Bright
Character Sheet
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Resist Illusion
1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Initiative:
Bad Guy 1d54 Mille 1d54 Kara 1d54 Mask 1d54: [38]+[49]+[29]+[3] = 119

@Mille Visage is up First, then the Bad Guy, then @Kara Acoma then @Mask . I wasn't sure if @Clara Volker had dropped down or not, but if so please let me know and you can roll a 1d54 for a card. 53 and 54 are jokers, anything divisible evenly by a 4 is a Club if that factors in.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Clara Volker

Post by Clara Volker »

Initiative 38
Level-Headed lets her roll twice: 1d54: [6] = 6 1d54: [38] = 38 , so 38, same as the bad guy
"Oh no, Mr. Funny Bunny, don't be running away. Wir haben viel zu besprechen," Clara says, taking a few quick steps to close the gap between herself and the fleeing gangster.

With a snicker-snack the silver-coated blade of her left cyber-implant flashes out, once, then twice, neatly severing the man's hamstrings.

Called Shots to the legs
With implants, Martial Artist, Imp. Trademark Weapon, etc., she's Fighting 1d12+5, +1 from the support above, -4 for Called Shot to the leg. Has Frenzy.
1d12!!+2: [14!!]+2 = 16
1d12!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Gonna say that's a Raise and a miss, most likely.

Damage, if it matters: 3d10!!+1d6!!: [1, 1, 4]+[2] = 8
Ha! Benny to Reroll 3d10!!+1d6!!: [4, 2, 6]+[3] = 15 Well, that's at least 15 damage, AP 10.
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

@Clara Volker , vorpal blades in hands, races out of the door and attacks the remaining thug. The claws absolutely shred his achilles tendons, and he lets loose a bloody scream which echoes down the stone sewer walls.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Mille Visage

Post by Mille Visage »

OOC Comments
Intimidation 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Wild Intimidation 1d6!!: [3] = 3

As the two men go down to targeted leg-wounds, Mille steps forward, still giving "Neil" a British accent. "Alright, now, gentlemen. One does not flee a gunfight and jump down into a sewer unless one knows exactly where one is going. So, tell me--where were you two headed? Answer quickly, and you might even get to wake up after you pass out from blood loss. I would like to ask more questions later." She pokes the closest man's wounded leg for emphasis, and to make sure he's paying attention.
Signature
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Edges:
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
NG Language Translator
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Spirit 1d6!!: [4] = 4
The wounded man yelps in pain as @Mille Visage prods his wound.

He nods his head toward the west, grimacing in pain.

"Good luck," he says through gritted teeth, "they already know you're coming."

He smirks, satisfied, then passes out.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Mask

Post by Mask »

"Was that really necessary?" Mask inquires lightly.

Her strange and frightening image of herself dissipates, and she becomes visible again as she nudges the fallen man with her toe.

"It's much harder to get useful information from people when they're out cold after all. Ah well."

She leaned down and patted the face of the man her spell had taken down. "This one will be conscious fairly soon. Perhaps we can get more out of him."
Mille Visage

Post by Mille Visage »

Mille pulls outtwo more sets of cuffs, and works quickly to remove any weapons from both thugs before shackling their wrists behind their backs. She gets on the radio, calling to everyone. "We should regroup, at least, before trying to find this other site. We should also confirm whether or not the package was in the warehouse before we decide our next course of action."
She also takes a few shots of the faces of the two gangbangers with her cybereye--These might be useful shortly, after all.
Signature
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Edges:
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
NG Language Translator
Jack Cooper

Post by Jack Cooper »

"Well darlin, a fella by the name of Webb disappeared outta thin air a couple days back and something important to his employers disappeared along with him. Our little scavenger hunt led us to your door and I would very much like to know what you know about Webb and a certain piece of missing tech."

Cocking Bessie he lets the barrel almost line up with Bianca's thigh. "Please don't give me a lot of crap about how so and so is gonna kill ya if you talk cuz so and so ain't here and I know at least two people that are here that would just love to start lopping body parts off as encouragement."

The faint screams come drifting up out of the hole in the floor. "Hmmm, sounds like she's about done down there. I wouldn't waste too much time spilling your guts cuz in a few minutes she's gonna do it for you."

Jack Cooper

Bennies 2 of 3

Kara Acoma

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara nodded, “Agreed we should not run off half-cocked at least. Even if they are expecting us, that does not mean they will see or detect our actual arrival. Some of us are rather stealthy to the point of being practically invisible down here. But we should all take a moment to compare information and decide the next move for all. We did take another prisoner from the warehouse too.”

Weapon in Hand: Star Bright
Character Sheet
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Her eyes seem to be have trouble focusing. After the screams and @Jack Cooper 's new threats, she nods.

"Crazy 8 has it. He and the others are hiding in the sewer. Please let me go."

Down in the sewers the lights flicker then turn off.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Jack Cooper

Post by Jack Cooper »

Jack stares down impassively at Bianca from behind his faceplate. "Darlin, darlin, we KNOW the Crazy 8 have it. That's why we're here after all. We didn't pick your fine establishment at random you know. Surely you can give me something a little more useful than that."

Inwardly Jack curses Dammit! If varmint don't have better info than that we're gonna be crawling through sewers for weeks looking for that god forsaken eyeball.

With a chuckle he squats back down and continues in a low voice, "Trust me, I have no hankering to drive up the body count any more than we absolutely have to but ya gotta work with me here. I mean I was really hoping this was going to be the start of a beatiful working relationship. I'm always in the market for a reliable source of information but if you want me to cut ya loose and maybe toss a few credits your way yer gonna need to prove your bone fides on this job first."

Jack Cooper

Bennies 2 of 3

Mask

Post by Mask »

"She's stalling," Mask said darkly. Her white mask was fixed on the now-dark sewer and her gun was in her hand. "The Eight's on the move."

"We need to take the initiative. Either take our captives in for an extended interrogation, or cut them loose and look for better intel. Staying here is asking to be counterattacked."
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Bianca nods again, eyes starting to swim a bit. "They're about 300 meters west. There is a fake sewer grate that has a red graffiti tag on the middle bar. There are cameras on the grate as well. Crazy 8 and uh... six more, I think? Crazy 8 has a grenade launcher and not necessarily the sense to use it wisely." she tells @Jack Cooper .

"Please let me go?"
Instructions

To speed this along, getting to the battle betwixt your group and Crazy 8 and his (6) extra goons, we are going to do a Quick Encounter to navigate your way between where you are now and their head quarters. Please awesomely narrate how your character makes his or her way over there, roll the appropriate die, and take a Benny for the trouble.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Vinnie Decker

Post by Vinnie Decker »

"Cameras, you say?"
Vinnie grins.
"I got that covered."
With zero trouble, the computer comes out and not 60 seconds goes by before Vinnie
Hacking: 1d8!!: [5] = 5
WD Hacking: 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
. "I got eyes on, but they get a loop. Easy walk. Let's go."
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pertinent Edges:
Jack Cooper

Post by Jack Cooper »

Jack's voice turns hard at Briana's whining. "Alright Darlin, I told you I'd cut you loose and I will." Reaching down Jack unlocks the cuffs on Briana's ankles and pulls her to her feet. "You behave yerself and you'll get out of this alive and a few credits ahead. Cause a fuss or warn Crazy 8 we're gunning for him and well.."

He points at one of the headshot goons. "I don't miss and you can take that to the bank." Grabbing her arm he directs her to he east where she indicates Crazy 8 and his goons were hiding out. When they reach their destination he jams Briana in a corner, warning her not to move. Pulling his pistols he moves in with the others

Shooting 1d12!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5

Jack Cooper

Bennies 2 of 3

Mille Visage

Post by Mille Visage »

OOC Comments
Support for everyone else on upcoming Stealth roll:
Battle 1d10!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild Battle 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
+1 for Everyone other than herself.

Danger Sense if needed:
Notice 1d6!!+4: [4]+4 = 8
Wild Notice 1d6!!+4: [2]+4 = 6
Danger Sense Raise: Start combat on Hold

Her own Stealth roll:
Stealth 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild Stealth 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
Raise on basic Stealth, or a 10 on an opposed roll
As they approach the grate, Mille/Neil nods when Vinnie announces the cameras are shut down.

"Okay, approach softly--they know we're coming, but no reason to let them time our entrance any closer than that. And remember, we want the boss-man alive, if possible; payday may depend on it."

Matching deed to word, Mille glides down the asphalt without so much as a whisper beneath her feet.
Signature
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Edges:
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
NG Language Translator

Return to “Active Jobs”