Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: Saturday, 22 February 2020
Time: 5:00 PM
Weather: Normal for season (cold); no wind; light snow
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Dusk; Dim -2 (outside)
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

For those following the hardware store and warehouse leads.
Success on Common Knowledge, Streetwise applies
Tres Reyes is the largest Latin gang in the country. It is headed by three “kings”, one in New York, one in Chicago, and one in Los Angeles, dividing the nation into territories. It runs the usual drugs, guns, prostitution, and numbers and protection rackets.
Raise on Common Knowledge, Streetwise applies
Tres Reyes does have an international reach, with branches in most Central and South American countries, where they are a lot more violent. They have been branching out into human trafficking across the United States’ border, with coyotes running illegals for both labor and sex trafficking.
The wind had died down, but it was still cold, and a light snow had started to dust the streets of the Woodlawn neighborhood of Chicago, just south of the University of Chicago campus. The hardware store where the students had tracked the bomb parts sat on the edge of Tres Reyes gang territory. The warehouse they had found was further west, several blocks away, nearer the railroad tracks and the expressway, deeper into gang territory.
Leads
West side neighborhood hardware store. (Tres Reyes territory)
Warehouse (Tres Reyes territory)
Bomber at The Block - might be difficult to get on site permission, but could possibly try and find the report of what happened
Null - contact in the Chicago FBI field office

Team:
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger
David Stevedores/Sir Real

GM Bennies: 6/6
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: 2.31 Tres Reyes Territory

Post by Probe »

Sam looks at the others, "I am going to see if I can find a quiet alley somewhere around the warehouse. Perhaps hide behind some trash cans or something. Most my attention is going to be on my remotes while I am there, so someone to guard my back would be appreciated."

Whoever happens to come with him, he will head off to the warehouse and try to find a good hiding place as near as he can get to it. He thinks, My remotes have limited range, so to explore as well as I can, I need to be close.

He will find a place he thinks good (though he will listen to advice if someone finds a better one) and seat himself. He will morph a probe that looks like a rat to try to find a way in (most likely through the storm sewers). If that does not work, he will morph one that looks like a pigeon and send it flying up to the roof looking for the ventilation system. If that fails, he will morph a probe that looks like a spider and send it crawling around the walls. One way or another, there is bound to be a way in, he just needs to find it.
OOC Comments
Common Knowledge: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:0[/dice:2a2qeirf], Wild CK: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:1[/dice:2a2qeirf] requested check
Stealth: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:2[/dice:2a2qeirf], Wild Stealth: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:3[/dice:2a2qeirf], stealth ace [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:12[/dice:2a2qeirf] get to warehouse without attracting attention
Notice: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:4[/dice:2a2qeirf], Wild Notice: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:5[/dice:2a2qeirf] Find a hiding place
Stealth: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:6[/dice:2a2qeirf], Wild Stealth: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:7[/dice:2a2qeirf] Hide
Spirit: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:8[/dice:2a2qeirf], Wild Spirit: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:9[/dice:2a2qeirf] Shape and operate remotes
Notice: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:10[/dice:2a2qeirf], Wild Notice: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:11[/dice:2a2qeirf] Investigate remotely
Science: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:13[/dice:2a2qeirf], Wild Science [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:14[/dice:2a2qeirf] Make remotes look like real animals
Repair: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:15[/dice:2a2qeirf], Wild Repair: [dice:2a2qeirf]65255:16[/dice:2a2qeirf] Make remotes able to move and perceive correctly
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Gaidheal Blythe.jpg
Caelian arranges for a rental car and driver to deliver him to the Warehouse after @Probe is in place.

He has what parts were collected from the bombs, stored in a metal briefcase. In his large form, dressed in an expensive business suit, he approaches the warehouse seeking information.

• Common Knowledge (1d6) [dice:3ng6hu9e]65259:0[/dice:3ng6hu9e]
    Wild (1d6) [dice:3ng6hu9e]65259:1[/dice:3ng6hu9e]
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

OOC Comments
Hex Bolts in Attack Switch mode.

Notice roll for Danger Sense:
Notice [dice:53796i70]65276:0[/dice:53796i70]
Wild Notice [dice:53796i70]65276:1[/dice:53796i70]
If ambushed, starts combat On Hold

Per earlier request from Shanice, Hexx is nearby, out of sight but listening via whatever sort of discrete comms Helios could provide the team. She's ready to feed either Shanice or Caelian lines to help them pass as 'street', if not precisely local. If it makes sense to do so, she'll be in whatever van they've got Probe operating out of--that way, if trouble comes, her preternatural awareness of danger will hopefully kick in to alert her to any issues. If he's actually going into the alleyway sans cover, though, she'll hang back, after at least attempting to encourage him to do the same. "Ideally, we should be in some kinda delivery van. If the locals peg us as suspicious, they'll figure it's cops and just leave it alone, But if we get caught as a couple teens in gang territory, it's gonna be a lot worse."
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

OOC: Okay, you have two different options here. The hardware store you can get to relatively easily. It's on the edge of the gang territory. You might be noticed and hassled, but nothing too bad would happen if you left. The warehouse is a ways away, and deeper into Tres Reyes territory, so if you're going to go there, you'll need stealth checks at -2 to go unnoticed (Probe already made his).

You have comms (provided with your costumes), and you could get a school van (from the fleet, with the school logo), or use the team vehicle, the Humvee, or another school vehicle that they let students use (probably something like a functional, but not pretty, Honda Civic or something like that. Cheap, reliable, runs well, but nothing fancy).

Right now it looks like Probe and Caelian have stated they're going to the warehouse (but no Stealth -2 roll from Caelian). Hexx is on support, but didn't say where.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Seeking Clarification
I thought Caelian's post meant he was going to the hardware store, probably with Shanice posing as a niece or something, since they're following up on the bomb parts, rather than infiltrating the warehouse.

So it would be:

Team 1: Shanice and Caelian at Hardware Store.
Team 2: Kat, Sam and (maybe?) Jason in the van, at the warehouse. Kat will be on the comms, listening to Shanice and Caelian to provide them with support, while also hopefully being ready with Danger Sense if someone comes up on the van.

One other issue--we're all still too young to have drivers' licenses, or even permits, in Illinois. Caelian in big man form could pass, but we really should have an NPC driver of some sort, just in case. Kat would prefer Spook for protection, but would never actually admit that out loud. From a racial demographic standpoint, our Econ teacher is probably the best bet, though she'll want to be dressed to be incognito and not draw trouble.
Rising Star
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Powers:
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Fearless
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Answer clarification
That was the plan discussed, but Caelian posted himself going to the warehouse, so that's what I went with. If you want to change it to the previous plan, that's fine. That's why I was asking for clarification, too :)

And of course you'll get a driver. Whichever you want (Caleb, Esper, or Tamar) will drive the vehicle (whichever vehicle you like). They would probably stay in the vehicle as backup that you could call in to bail you out.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

OOC Comments
Probe is in his hiding place, wherever he found one, and be sending his remotes out. Still waiting to see whether this works.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:10 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

Sam’s rat probe approached the noted warehouse. He could see Tres Reyes gang members lounging around outside, near the entrances, keeping a lookout. They were playing it inconspicuous though, not right at the doors. There were two ground level entrances, one a pedestrian door and the other a loading dock. There were small windows high up, though those had been blacked over with paint.

Once inside, Sam’s remotes found an upper office level over the larger warehouse space. Part of the space was walled off for banks of computer servers, locked and installed with HVAC equipment to keep it all cool. The rest of the floor space looked like some tech startup dream space, with a dozen or so twenty-somethings in cargo shorts and untucked shirts working at computers, drinking espressos and juice concoctions, or playing foosball. Everyone had some kind of mask within reach.

Up above seemed to be the main office where a young man in a loud tropical shirt over a white t-shirt and cargo shorts and Birkenstocks sat working on a laptop. A Guy Fawkes mask sat on the desk nearby, as well as an oversized green Mad Hatter hat. The blue and white Alice smock hung on a valet stand in the corner. The young man had dark hair that fell over one blue eye.

There didn't seem to be any gang members inside the warehouse, but there was definitely armed security, men dressed in black combat pants and black t-shirts with the Mask symbol on the breast. They wore body armor and carried assault rifles. More ominous were the armed robotic security. They looked a bit like the robots they had encountered when escaping from Nexus, though they were marked with the Mask symbol as well.
Leads
Bomber at The Block - might be difficult to get on site permission, but could possibly try and find the report of what happened

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam takes a second remote and creates a small physical model of the inside of the warehouse as his rat maps it. This certainly looks like an important place for the Mask group, and the robot guards seem to provide a link with Nexus...though giving the evident hacking skills they may be stolen from Nexus.

He will attempt to see what is on the screen the "Mad Hatter" is working at, if he can do so without drawing attention.
OOC Comments
Looks like I get roughly a +4 modifier for scale, which hopefully applies to stealth checks for my remote.
Stealth [dice:h0hf65iw]66365:0[/dice:h0hf65iw], Wild Stealth [dice:h0hf65iw]66365:1[/dice:h0hf65iw] WS Ace [dice:h0hf65iw]66365:4[/dice:h0hf65iw], WS Ace 2 [dice:h0hf65iw]66365:5[/dice:h0hf65iw] To not have the remote noticed
Perception [dice:h0hf65iw]66365:2[/dice:h0hf65iw], Wild Perception [dice:h0hf65iw]66365:3[/dice:h0hf65iw] To see what the "Mad Hatter" is doing[
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:15 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

Sam’s probe found a spot to hide and watch the Masked Hacker. He was talking to someone through his computer, an overlay in the corner showing he had a picture of his mask on instead of the camera, though the person he was talking to was visible. The man was older, late middle age, with greying hair and a lean, but muscular physique from prison life. He had an orange prison jumpsuit stripped down to the waist and a white t-shirt. He looked to be in some small space, and some sort of technician was working to remove a high tech collar from around his neck. From the look and sounds, it almost seemed like the man was in a military cargo plane.

“I trust you are satisfied with our work,” the Masked Hacker asked the man. “Breaking you out of The Block was quite the challenge.”

“And what do I owe Mask?” the man asked warily.

“Payment has been made by your organization. Do not worry,” the Masked Hacker said.

“What assurances do I have that I won’t simply have the Guardians after me?”

“Besides getting you out of the country immediately?” the Masked Hacker asked. “The Guardians will probably be busy chasing around the rest of the inmates that escaped The Block as well. It will be days before the authorities even have a complete manifest of who escaped, who to chase.”

The man on the computer simply nodded. “Your assistance will be remembered.”

“Happy chaos, my friend,” the Masked Hacker said.

“Chaos is simply a prelude to a new world order, where Homo superior takes its rightful place on the planet.”

“Right. Keep up the dream,” the Masked Hacker said, rolling his eyes and cutting the feed. He stretched and got up, walking onto the balcony to look over his little hacking empire hard at work.

[Common Knowledge -2 might get you some information]
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:15 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

Esperanza parked the black HumVee around the corner from the hardware store and looked at the students. The business/econ teacher was wearing her image inducer, so she looked like a normal Italian-American woman with her olive skin and dark hair and eyes. She looked at Kat, Shanice, and Caelian. Sam had gotten out and slipped further into the neighborhood.

“I’ll be right here. Don’t hesitate to call me for backup if you need to,” Eser told them.

Caelian in his large form got out, along with Shanice. Esper had bought him an expensive suit and the metal briefcase for him to make his play. Kat was staying in the car running comms. Esperanza handed her an expensive coffee and a bag containing the latest fad in expensive morning pastries. “Welcome to stakeouts,” she said. “And no, we’re not using a Mountain Dew bottle for bathroom breaks.”

The hardware store was still open. This late in the season, it was getting dark. Outside in front of the store sat a couple of Hispanic young men in warm coats with the hoods up, smoking and drinking beer. They eyed Caelian, the big white man in his suit, then looked Shanice over.

“Hey, girl. You come to party, chica?” one of them asked, giving her a big grin with gold teeth. “I got your party right here.” He grabbed his crotch.
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Caelian stands towering over the two Latinos, not realizing that sixteen years ago, his Large Self had actually been doing similar kinds of things. The risk that had been taken by Gaidheal, when interacting with the Nexus scientists, seventeen years ago, had created amenisia and the infant Caelian.

Before @Winger can respond or move into action, Caelian raises his left hand. "While 'the Chica' does party. She is my security and is on the clock."

"I have some business inside."

Caelian steps past the two Latinos, opens the door and steps inside without, hopefully, making a new door in the process.
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Support +1 to Shanice's next social roll
Persuasion Support for Shanice's next action; -1 for personality flaws, +2 for Streetwise when dealing with low-lifes:
Persuasion [dice:1e9zo6k0]66407:0[/dice:1e9zo6k0]
Wild Persuasion [dice:1e9zo6k0]66407:1[/dice:1e9zo6k0]
In the van, Kat practically lunges at the comm. "Bubbles, if the goombas try to challenge the idea that you're 'security', make it clear he means more like a guide than anything else. Claim he hired a local to show respect to the hood. That said, you're on the clock, and not available for a party. Play it harsh or sweet, whichever feels more natural to you, but that's the overall line you want."

Releasing the mic button, she looks at Esper and shakes her head. "She's HIS security? The only thing weirder would be him saying he wants to set up a Trump 2020 campaign office on that block." She sips the coffee, blinking a bit. "Okay, damn, that's amazing...."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam hopes that the Mask gang does not have a way to detect stray radio signals, but thinks it important enough to risk it.

He activated his communicator and says, "Guys, this warehouse is a major hacking center. I just listened in on a conversation, and the whole prison attack was arranged to break out one prisoner. From the sounds of it, a powerful mutant who spreads Chaos as a means of attaining Mutant dominion."

Once he has sent that, he tries recovering his remote and preparing to get out of the area.
OOC Comments
Stealth [dice:wax7l6bu]66441:0[/dice:wax7l6bu], Wild Stealth [dice:wax7l6bu]66441:1[/dice:wax7l6bu]
Common Knowledge [dice:wax7l6bu]66441:2[/dice:wax7l6bu], Wild CK [dice:wax7l6bu]66441:3[/dice:wax7l6bu] attempt to recognize mutant escapee
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:20 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

One of the Latinos moves to step up to Caelian, but takes in his size again and thinks better of it. “What business you have in the barrio, ese?” he demanded.

The door opened just fine for Caelian to allow him to head inside of the hardware store.

The other one was still checking out Shanice, though. “Caliente!” he said, trying to grab her bottom.

Back in the car, Esperanza sipped her coffee as well. She smiled as she listened and watched. “Just means Winger needs to make sure they know who's boss,” she said. “She’s trained well enough to leave them thinking better of it, if she needs to. And if she doesn’t loiter. Right now they’re just posturing. It’s all about territory and respect.”

Then Probe sent in a report. "Guys, this warehouse is a major hacking center. I just listened in on a conversation, and the whole prison attack was arranged to break out one prisoner. From the sounds of it, a powerful mutant who spreads chaos as a means of attaining mutant dominion."

Esperanza paused. “Did you get a name? See who it was?” she asked Probe. She pulled out her smartphone.
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam replies, "I did not hear the name, but I got a look at him. I will need to look him up though, I did not recognize him without his costume. If we can look at the mugshots of those who escaped, then possibly. Should I wait for pickup or try to leave the area?"

So far, he does not think he has been noticed. He is uncertain about making his way back out without being seen, but he will try if asked.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

"My operations in North America could use some of Tres Reyes resources."

Holding up the briefcase, "My information says that these come from this warehouse."

Caelian finds a flat surface and pops open the breifcase, which reveals the bomb components and parts carefully packaged in custom fit foam compartments.

Performance 3
Performance 1d6!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!: [2] = 2

Benny to Reroll (2 of 3 remaining)

Performance 1d6!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!: [3] = 3
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:30 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

[Humvee]

Esperanza considered Sam’s question, and her role as instructor. She looked over at Kat and smiled. “Your call, Hexx,” she said. “You’re running this op. Does Probe stay put or withdraw?”

[Hardware Store]

The old man behind the counter looked at Caelian, then he looked to a young man sitting in the corner of the shop sipping a beer. Finally he looked at the bomb parts in the case, but only very briefly..

“Don’t know what you’re talkin’ about, jefe,” the young man in the corner said, not moving from his seat. “Not sure Tres Reyes can help you. We don’t know you from Adam. Why should we trust you?”

[Anyone know if we’ve lost Shanice?]
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

While Sam waits for orders, he continues to try to stealthily withdraw his remote and checks his map for accuracy.
OOC Comments
Stealth (for remote): 1d4!!+4: [6!!]+4 = 10
Wild Stealth: 1d6!!+4: [1]+4 = 5
Notice: 1d8!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild Notice: 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Caelian nods at the comment.
Drops a benny for narrative (1 of 3 remaining)
out of the breifcase, he pulls forth a very official looking FBI folder. "This folder is the FBI Investigation into the Guardian Tower siege. Specifically it has details connecting the bomb components to this warehouse and Tres Reyes. It is how I found you."

Persuasion 1d6!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!: [3] = 3
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Kat stares blankly at Esper for a moment. "I'm what the who, now? I'm 'in charge'?" She shakes her head for a moment, then sits, focusing. "Okay, fine. I can't really do anything to help him from here, so...." A pause. "Sam, get out of there if you think you can, but I want your raido sending constantly while you do--mute the volume at your end, but that way we'll know if you need us to send in the cavalry."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:40 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 1

[HUMVEE]

Esperanza smiled at Kat. “Welcome to the deep end,” she told the teenager. “You could have let the police handle this. You chose to be proactive. That isn’t a bad thing. So we learn by doing.”

Shanice came over the comms then. “Look...I...I can’t do this,” she said. “I’ll meet you all back at school.” Disappearing into an alley, she flew off.
Shanice
Due to Real Life ™, Winger has had to withdraw from the game. She is welcome back anytime.
[HARDWARE STORE]

The young man got up from the corner, setting down his beer. He made an adjustment to what was clearly a gun in the back waistband as he came to the counter.

Vamanos, the young man told the older store clerk, and the old man quickly retreated to the back room.

“Okay, gringo, the young man said, leaning on the counter and staring at Caelian, “What say I believe you. How did you even get an FBI file? And why should I care? You accusing Tres Reyes of tryin’ to blow up the Guardians?”
Instructions
For this part, we’re going to go into a Social Conflict. You can review the rules on page 145 of SWADE. You have 3 rounds to gain Influence Tokens. Rolls are made at -2 for the Tres Reyes guy being Unfriendly to outsiders. Hexx can only Support from the Humvee outside, but she could come inside to earn tokens.

Tokens earned: 0
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Bennies: 5/5
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Kat frowns at Esperanza when she mentions the cops. "For the record, that was my vote, frequently expressed. At least they get paid for getting shot at." She shakes her head, frowning a bit when Winger takes off. "Eh, probably the smart move."

+1 Support roll for Caelian's next Social roll
Support roll for Caelian's reply to hardware store guy.
Persuasion 1d4+1: [3]+1 = 4
Wild Persuade 1d6+1: [2]+1 = 3

Then she cringes, and practically shouts into the mic. "Caelian, you aren't accusing them of anything. After all, you're not a cop. You just figure that they can direct you to the folks who bought those parts--you're just there for business!"
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

"I am accusing no one."

"My resources bought me this information." He holds up the file.

"All I want to know is who built the bombs."
Scene Modifier -2 Gambling 1d6!!+1: [8!!]+1 = 9 Wild 1d6!!+1: [8!!]+1 = 9
on the counter.

"Fair trade of information."

If the young man moves towards the folder, Caelian puts his very large hand down on it.
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam has to extricate himself from the area of the warehouse.

He thinks, I will be better off with a remote that looks like something else, a remote that can help me look ahead and around corners.

He finishes collecting his other remotes and crafts one that looks like a dog on a leash.

With the remote leading the way, he strolls out of the area looking like someone who is taking his dog for a walk. The remote
rushes about sniffing this and that, acting like an excited puppy.
OOC Comments
The idea is not so much not to be SEEN, as not to be NOTICED.
Stealth 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild Stealth 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Notice 1d8!!+8: [10!!]+8 = 18
Wild Notice 1d6!!+8: [11!!]+8 = 19
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:45 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 2

[HARDWARE STORE - CAELIAN AND KAT]

The young Latino reached for the file, but was stopped by Caelian’s large hand. He eyed the folder, then looked up at the big white man. “You look like you have a few resources,” he allowed. “Tres Reyes don’t build bombs. But maybe we can come to some...understanding.” He leaned back, eying Caelian.

[NEAR WAREHOUSE - SAM]

As Sam walked his “dog” along the street, he realized his attempts at not being noticed weren’t going very well. He heard footsteps fall in behind him, smelled a cigarette and some perfume following him.
Instructions
Round 2 of the Social Conflict. You can review the rules on page 145 of SWADE. You have 3 rounds to gain Influence Tokens. Rolls are made at -2 for the Tres Reyes guy being Unfriendly to outsiders. Hexx can only Support from the Humvee outside, but she could come inside to earn tokens.

Tokens earned: 2
Leads
Woodlawn neighborhood hardware store. (Edge of Tres Reyes territory)
West Woodlawn Warehouse (Deeper in Tres Reyes territory)

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam looks back through the eyes of his construct. Two behind him, one male one female, back about 20 feet.

For the moment, just keep walking towards the car. As long as they are just following, there is no reason to start trouble. They will probably try to shake him down and then let him go, though they might rough him up a little to remind him to stay our of their territory. He can handle that. Odds are they will not do anything worse unless he tries to fight or run.

He starts planning out what to say and how to say it...this would be a bad time for saying the wrong thing...
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:45 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 2

[NEAR WAREHOUSE - SAM]

The footsteps sped up, closing the distance a bit with Sam. Que pasa, ese? the male spoke. “What’s your hurry? Finally realize you in the wrong neighborhood?” He circled around to get in front of Sam, glaring at him, the woman blocking the way behind.
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam allows himself to look nervous, which he is, and says, "I am sorry, I got Sparky here for my birthday and was taking him for a walk. He got away from me and I ran after him. I finally caught him in an alley back that way and was walking him back home."

Sam thinks, I generally look younger than my age, I might be able to get away with this. As long as they do not try to take the leash from me, they might not realize it is not a real dog.

Sam really does not want to fight these guys, he could probably kill them, but by the time he did there could be dozens more here. Not to mention he does not WANT to hurt them really.
OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!: [3] = 3
(had to check if this was possible before trying it)

Sam had taken some precautions, he used his powers to make some alterations to his form, essentially using one remote as disguise kit to make himself look younger and more innocent. He had also made his puppy as cute as he could. He is hoping these will make him seem less threatening and possibly garner some sympathy.
OOC Comments
I am spending a Benny to give myself the power stunts Super-edge and Super-skill, I will want the Edges Charismatic and Elan and the Skill Persuade at d12
Persuade 1d12!!: [4] = 4
Wild Persuade 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Benny for Elan Re-roll
Persuade 1d12!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild Persuade 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:50 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 2

[NEAR WAREHOUSE - SAM]

“Right,” the young Latino said, eying Sam and the dog. “Long way from any white neighborhood, kid.”

“Oh, isn’t he cute, Jorge?” the young woman said, crouching down and giving Sparky scritches on the head. “We should walk him home, make sure he gets home safe.”
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam feels the touch, at least the woman is acting friendly enough that he might not have to fight, and is not trying to take the leash from him. He would have preferred she had not touched "Sparky" as his remotes are very sensitive and he gets a lot of information he probably does not need that way.

Sam, acting his apparent age, says, "Gee, would you. That is so nice of you. I think we came from that way. I am a bit lost."
OOC Comments
I am assuming my super stunts continue to the duration of the encounter. Noted, I can do Elan but not Charismatic.
Persuade 1d12!!: [5] = 5
Wild Persuade: 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:50 PM
Scene Modifiers
The young Latino sighed. “Fine, <i>niño</i>,” he said. “C’mon, Rio,” he told the young Latina.

She straightened up and fell in on Sam’s other side. “So what’s your name, kid?” she asked as they walked up the street.
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam looks at the ground, blushes, and stammers, "Sam...Sammy."

Before he was talking mostly to the man, but talking to girls is tough.

He swallows and says, "Are all Mexican girls as cute as you."

Well, that could have come out worse, though she might not be Mexican.

He keeps walking "Sparky"towards where the Truck should be...hopefully he can get there without messing up...
OOC Comments
Persuade: 1d12!!-1: [2]-1 = 1
Wild Persuade: 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wrong dice type 1d4!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 5:55 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 3

[NEAR WAREHOUSE - SAM]

The young woman laughed at Sam, but the young man scowled. “You hittin’ on my girl?” he demanded, getting into Sam’s face.
Instructions
Round 3 of the Social Conflict. You can review the rules on page 145 of SWADE. You have 3 rounds to gain Influence Tokens. Rolls are made at -1 for the critical failure.

Tokens earned: 2
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Bennies: 4/4
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Darn it, he thinks, that is why I hate improvising, he somehow always says the wrong thing

His body is starting to revert to normal as his concentration fails (though he is not actually aware of this).
OOC Comments
The spent bennies only last 3 rounds, since this is actually round 4 I no longer have the super-skill power stunt.
He tries to come up with a good answer, but settles for an honest one, "I would not know how to hit on a girl, the last girl I tried to go for was so insulted she is still not speaking to me."
OOC Comments
Persuade: 1d4!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5
Wild Persuade 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 6:00 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 3

[NEAR WAREHOUSE - SAM]

The girl laughed at Sam, but she didn’t seem angry. The young man looked a bit less convinced, but he followed the girl’s lead. “Let’s get you out of the barrio, ese,” he told Sam, shoving him along as they continued down the street.

They eventually reached the edge of Tres Reyes territory near the hardware store where Kat and Esper waited in the Humvee.
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam says, "I think I see my Aunt's car over there, they must be looking for me. Thank you for the help, I will try to stick to areas I know in the future...hopefully I get Sparky trained quick."

He rushes off towards the car, waving.

He thinks, I am glad I got though that in one piece.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Kat, stashing the earpiece she's been using to listen to the convo, hops out of the vehicle, looking annoyed. "Geez, Sammy, what the hell were you thinking? Mom's been worried sick about you heading off on your own." She gives him a classic Gibbs-smack to the back of the head. "Get your mutt in there already." Then she looks at the two teens. "Thanks. I assume you two are the reason he managed to not get lost and end up in Aurora before we found him."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 6:05 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 3

The two gang members eyed the Humvee Katt got out of as Sam ran over to it. “Nice ride,” the male said. “You in the wrong neighborhood, chica,” he pointed out. The female tried to peer into the Humvee at the other woman, though it was difficult in the dark.
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Kat shrugs at the guy. Oddly, she does look like she 'belongs' here more than her 'cousin', or at least in a similarly poor white neighborhood--at least, if it weren't for the jacket, which is obviously not sized for her, suggesting maybe it's not hers legitimately.... She dips into her brain for a suitable bit of Spanish. "Yeah, I know. Believe me, companero, we ain't overstaying our welcome. Thanks again for getting the idiot back to us in one piece." She sighs. "He's from the 'burbs. Doesn't understand that neighborhoods mean something here."

She then whirls on Sammy. "Get in there, already, or we'll take the dog and leave you here." She starts pushing Sammy into the back seat.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam says, "Yeah, I am going...anyone else searching for me near here we need to pick up?"

He has the dog jump into the car first, then follows. Fortunately cousins do not have to look much alike.

He thinks, So good so far...
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 6:10 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

The two gang members look Kat up and down. “Nice jacket,” the young woman complimented Kat.

“Be a bit more careful next time,” the young man said. Then the pair of them headed toward the hardware store as Caelian re-emerged and walked back to the Humvee.

“I don’t think I can do this,” he said, handing the briefcase to Kat.
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam said after the gangers left, "That could have gone worse, thanks for the help at the end."

When Caelin showed up, Sam frowned, but realized, He was directly confronting people, much like what I was doing on the way out...but probably harder. I could not do what he was trying either.

Sam starts working on two models while his memory is still fresh, one of the escaped mutant, the other of the layout of the warehouse.
OOC Comments
Not sure what to use for this, going with Notice and Research rolls for both models. Notice to see what details he noticed, and research to try to wrack his brains. Not sure if these are the right rolls.
Model 1 (Mutant): Notice: 1d8!!+2: [6]+2 = 8 , Wild Notice: 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5 , Research: 1d4!!: [1] = 1 , Wild Research: 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Model 2 (Warehouse) Notice: 1d8!!+2: [7]+2 = 9 , Wild Notice: 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5 , Research: 1d4!!: [5!!] = 5 , Wild Research: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Kat grins at the compliment to her jacket. "Yeah, I just had to have it, y'know?"

After the teens depart, she nods to Sam, sighing. "We gotta work on your skills, though, if you're gonna actually try talking to people in the future."

She doesn't say anything when Caelian departs--it almost looks like she expected this. She's silent on the drive home.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 6:15 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

Esperanza glanced at the two students left in the Humvee as they drove. “So what’s next?” she asked them. “What have you learned?”
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Pol shows Esperanza his two models, he starts with the model of the mutant from the computer, "Do you recognize this man, he appears to be the one the attack on the prison island was intended to free."

He will then show the model of the warehouse, "This is where the mask hacking center appears to be located."
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Kat takes photos of the models as he makes them. "Best to do this while your memory's still fresh, and the details haven't been crowded out by thoughts of chicas petting your puppy."

Then she considers the second model. "Okay, keeping in mind I still think just turning this over to the cops and letting them do the dirty work is our best bet.... If I could get into that room, my hex bolts could totally wreck their gear."

Rules Speculation
Kat's Malfunction mode on her Hex bolts has her rolling a d12+1 Spirit

The hacking station seems to fall between "Moderate Items" like microwave ovens and laser pistols, and "Complex Items" like shielded military hardware and alien technology. Moderate is a -2, Complex is a -4, so I would suggest that the hacking station is a -3. However, it's probably got sub-systems, so Kat would need to either hit it several times, shutting down one system with each shot, or do Called Shots (at -2) against specific systems that need to go down. So it's either d12-2 several times, or 1-2 called shots at d12-4. (Malfunction is REALLY hard to pull off, honestly.)

For the sub-systems, I'd assume at least 3--data storage, data decryption and the connection to the net; if the system is also responsible for environmental controls and warehouse security systems, then at least 5.

Of course, all bets are off if this is a super-system beyond the norm--alien tech or military grade hardware, as noted, would be an additional -1 to the Spirit roll, and if it's actually something like the Gear Limitation for a super-hacker, she might need to switch over to Negation Hex Bolts.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 6:20 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

Esperanza studied the models. “I don’t recognize him,” she said. “But that’s a good model of the warehouse.”

Esper glanced at the two teens. “Okay. Your call. How do you guys want to handle this?”
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam says, "Personally I think we need to let the cops know about the warehouse, though if these guys are half as smart as they claim they likely have a backdoor into the police computer system to let them know if anything involving them or the address comes up. The thing is, the cops probably have a better forensics team than us, there is a chance they can learn something, where all we could do is smash."

He adds, "Actually, if we plan to do anything ourselves, it should be setting up an ambush before we call the cops. If I am right these guys will then grab anything important in portable devices and try to destroy the rest, if we can grab THOSE devices, we might actually learn something."

By keeping his mind focused entirely on the job at hand, thinking out loud as he is planing, he avoids any major cases of foot-in-mouth for a few seconds.

He unfortunately adds, "Beats my other plan of sending you girls in to do a strip show and having the rest of us teal things while they are distracted."
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Probe wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:41 am Sam says, "Personally I think we need to let the cops know about the warehouse, though if these guys are half as smart as they claim they likely have a backdoor into the police computer system to let them know if anything involving them or the address comes up. The thing is, the cops probably have a better forensics team than us, there is a chance they can learn something, where all we could do is smash."

He adds, "Actually, if we plan to do anything ourselves, it should be setting up an ambush before we call the cops. If I am right these guys will then grab anything important in portable devices and try to destroy the rest, if we can grab THOSE devices, we might actually learn something."

By keeping his mind focused entirely on the job at hand, thinking out loud as he is planing, he avoids any major cases of foot-in-mouth for a few seconds.

He unfortunately adds, "Beats my other plan of sending you girls in to do a strip show and having the rest of us teal things while they are distracted."
Kat actually was about to say something complimentary when Sam laid out his plan for using the cops as catspaws--and then as he continues, she just clamps her mouth shut again.

She shakes her head. "I don't even know where to begin with that." She sighs, then looks at Esperanza.

"I'm thinking we need to go back to meet up with the others--at least, the ones who stuck it out--and see what they learned from the feds. Anything we do is going to need manpower, anyway."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 6:25 PM
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

Esperanza just smiled at Sam’s final suggestion, amused.

“Sounds like you two have a plan to lay out to the others, then. So we head back?” She turned the ignition on the Humvee and started to pull away from the curb, unless told to do otherwise.
Leads

Team:
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam nods, "No point is staying here,it would seem suspicious."

After all, they are supposed to be taking him and his lost dog home.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes

Return to “Adventure Forum”