A setting inspired by Werewolf: The Apocalypse

Collaborative efforts of the community go here.
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

A setting inspired by Werewolf: The Apocalypse

Post by Stoic »

Thread for Settling inspired by WtA.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: A setting inspired by Werewolf: The Apocalypse

Post by stormwell »

We going to use this as a rough guide and produce a SWADE version?

https://thesavagepedia.com/werewolf_the ... conversion

Either way, with the Forms perhaps do straight up bonuses and penalties rather than changing die type?

So rather than the Strength die for Crinos increasing by four steps, have it as a +4 bonus instead?
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

I think the bonus works better than die type.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

Just on Strength, bonuses for the different Forms.

Homid- no stat change
Glabro- +2 Strength
Crinos- +4 Strength
Hisbo- +3 Strength
Lupus- +1 Strength
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

@freemage suggested that we just build the altered forms with the SPC guide. I think it's closer to the source material to provide a bonus, and it would simply be something that stacked onto your normal human form.

As far as gifts, how do we want to do this? We could make a bunch of stuff with the SPC that's similar to the source material, or really just give them the AB: Gifted. It won't be identical, but that's what trappings are for. We obviously don't need to perfectly replicate the original system, but I personally think the gifts are a bit more specific than the magic system in the SWADE book. And of course there is the argument to just use the document that @stormwell linked. I skimmed it a bit, and it didn't seem particularly fast to me, which is obviously a core tenant to the SW philosophy. Thoughts?
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

I'll have to get a copy of the SPC and read through to give a better answer on this.

Either way, I say use the document I linked as a rough guideline. It's one person's interpretation, so something we can build upon and improve by making changes.
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

@stormwell

What about an AB:Garou that uses Primal Urge as the skill? It should be similar to AB:Miracles in the way that you can be penalized by not performing your duties. Also what about condensing the forms to just three? Homid, Crinos and Lupus? Maybe Glabro and Hispo could be edges. I think getting too granular with the forms might make this less FFF.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Please delete this thread. We are savagerifts.com, you might be mistaken or spam.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

Stoic wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:12 am @stormwell

What about an AB:Garou that uses Primal Urge as the skill? It should be similar to AB:Miracles in the way that you can be penalized by not performing your duties. Also what about condensing the forms to just three? Homid, Crinos and Lupus? Maybe Glabro and Hispo could be edges. I think getting too granular with the forms might make this less FFF.
Yes, simpler is better and like the idea of the AB.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:06 pm Please delete this thread. We are savagerifts.com, you might be mistaken or spam.
Its been up for over a month and the idea had been discussed on the Hangout before the tread got posted.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

stormwell wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:39 pm
Stoic wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:12 am @stormwell

Yes, simpler is better and like the idea of the AB.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:06 pm Please delete this thread. We are savagerifts.com, you might be mistaken or spam.
Its been up for over a month and the idea had been discussed on the Hangout before the tread got posted.
Ok thank you.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

I think most of the gifts just come down to trappings then. I do like the idea of part where the phase of the moon has an influence, we should put that in there somehow.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

Been thinking about this recently.

Gifts are going to be tricky, we either do them all as Edges or split them into Edges and Powers depending on whether Gnosis is required.

Maybe some sort of racial template as well, least to do the Werewolf AB.
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

Was looking through the Savage Nightbane stuff on the forum, the Setting Rules in particular.

Realised that the Nightbane Template is basically the Garou with some minor differences.

Return to “Community Projects”