Part 7: Welcome to the ruins of Zacatecus

Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 7: Welcome to the ruins of Zacatecus

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Not exactly but close.  Ruins, rock, rumble, ditch the greenry.
Not exactly but close. Ruins, rock, rumble, ditch the greenry.

Video Recap
The sun is shining bright and there are no sign of vampires or other Rahu-men. Even the reported frost witches and snow dragons are either gone or buried deep beneathe the rubble of the mountain. The road travelled is not marked and feels like walking through a world turned upside down. Roots, trees, rock have been turned topsy turvey mixed in a blender and spit out. Worst th snow has quickly melting turning much of the land into quicksand like muck. Needless to say the few mile trek takes a bit longer than normal thanks to the ground being so unstable. The castle itself remsembles the dystroyed mountain. While its pieces are in close proximity it too seems jumbled.

Rodney beeps his scanners working overtime, ”Master... I am detecting underground passages beneath us... I believe we can access them through the castle’s library over there.” The droid beeps and extends a mechanical arm pointing at a building lying on its side. One of its windows is broken a books of all shapes and sizes are spilling out of it. A cracked sky light or a heavy oak door in twian along the grain would all seem surible ways in.

Melody has been pretty quiet during this trek, possibly contemplating on the nature of the universe or perhaps her earlier actions that killed her brother. She shakes her head looking behind suddenly, ” Does anyone feel like something is watching us?”

Rod peeps and answer matter factly, ” My scanners are not detecting any life signs. There are other ways down,
perhaps another building, or we could even dig...”

The floating black droid’s words do little to assuage Melody’s sense of dread. Even Blanca Ash’s dog yips at the Library. Karl laughs stowing his celestial cell phone, ” Papa, do we enter? I smell death and it needs a new cheif... Or I am just super hungry.”

Rod beeps and wirls, ” I have marked a rendevue on all your maps... Facinating... My sensors are detecting two humanoids, one adult and one child like halfway down the tunnel system.”
The Tunnel System
Rod sends a series of images to the group indicating the tunnel system. Marking where the humaoids are and where he detected the rest of the rangers a few hours ago.
C66DDB32-5A20-4CD1-9620-EFCEDFCFEB1B.jpeg

Player directions, roll a 1d4 incorporate the below results of the roll down below. Then tell the story of how you got into the underground passage. You don’t have to all go through the same building or a building at all. It will be assumed the group meets up down below.

1) You find a cadre of reids rangers, most are hurt but 1d4 are capable and if so desired will come with you into the depths.
2) Its a trap! Someone or something has booby trapped this area. Notice roll at -4 or your standard danger sense roll to avoid. Fail take 1d3 wounds( soakable).
3) inspiration strikes, you find something that resonates with your core self. Not nessesarily something useful or powerful but something that hold a deep meaning for your character and perhaps begs the question of how did the Lord of Castle come into posession of such a treasure: +1 benny
4) Jack Pot: wealth beyond imagine is within your grasp. Isn’t it always. Make an agility roll at -4. Success and you recovered this powerful item or stash of valuable goods. You get either your choice of supertech, enchanted, or TW item with 1d4 mods. If you do not want the item you can instead choose 1d4x100k creds in valuable goods. Failure, 1 wound.

broken The castle ruins are only a few miles away.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Part 7: Welcome to the ruins of Zacatecus

Post by Hans Greuber »

Repair Roll for the H1 Armor
Repair (-2 due Serious Problems, +2 due Tool, +4 due Non-Combat Machine Maestro, +2 Mr. Fixit... +6 Net)
  • Repair: [dice:95158a3a]48458:4[/dice:95158a3a]
    • Ace: [dice:95158a3a]48458:6[/dice:95158a3a]
    Wild: [dice:95158a3a]48458:5[/dice:95158a3a]
    Result: 22 - Success with 4 Raises.
    • Time: [dice:95158a3a]48458:7[/dice:95158a3a] Hours (Half due Mr. Fixit, Half due Universal Energy to Matter Converter)
      • Total Time: 15 Minutes.
Tunnel System - Its a TRAP!!!
Die roll... [dice:95158a3a]48458:0[/dice:95158a3a]
  • Notice (d8... +2 (due TW Magic Optic System), -4 due Difficulty)
    • Notice: [dice:95158a3a]48458:1[/dice:95158a3a]
      Wild: [dice:95158a3a]48458:2[/dice:95158a3a]
      • Extra Effort (With Elan): [dice:95158a3a]48458:3[/dice:95158a3a]
      Result: 9 - Success with Raise.
Watching the rest of the group make their way through the difficult terrain, Hans has to chuckle to himself as he flies just overhead with his Wings of Icarus.

"What are our plans? If we split up and meet up as is indicated, I can travel through the solid rock itself."

After it was indicated that they would make their way down as individuals or small teams, Hans walks over to overhead the meeting point and just sits down. After a few seconds, the Stone itself opens up and Hans is swallowed by it. The stone continues to bring Hans deeper and deeper, until he comes across a small cavern not on the map. As Hans enters the cavern, its lack of exit gives Hans the perfect idea. Since the cavern will have enough air for about an hour, Hans removes his armor and fixes it. Amazingly enough, in just 15 minutes, Hans runs his Universal Energy to Matter Converter over the rubies and hematite crystals he found to be cracked and made them as good as they were when they were first installed.

If I knew it was going to take this little time, I would have taken care of it in the Well.

As Hans starts putting on his armor again, he starts noticing indications of developing stress fractures in the cavern walls. As soon as he is in his armor and before he even starts it up, Hans once again melds into the Stone, this time the cavern floor. JUST in time, as the ceiling starts collapsing, and boulders fall where Hans was just seconds before.

Down further Hans goes, and eventually melds through the ceiling and along the wall until he can walk out into the chamber.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Found 1 Ranger
[dice:ivhlytwb]48488:0[/dice:ivhlytwb]
Rangers [dice:ivhlytwb]48488:1[/dice:ivhlytwb]
Penitent felt better with Audrey tagging along behind with the exhausted rangers -- he liked having her at his side, but found himself increasingly distracted by concern for her safety, misplaced as it might be.

She's shown she can handle herself, you fool, he thinks, chastising himself -- not for the first time -- for getting involved. Your sins were your own, and the path out of darkness is yours to own, as well. It is not your choice to drag her along with you.

Funny thing though, it didn't seem like a choice he'd had much control over.

Nor does Penitent seem to have much control over his squire, who keeps flying ahead and poking his nose into the holes littering the castle ruins.

"Get back here, Karl, before some death-worm rises up to swallow you. We may have eradicated the anger worms from this universe, but that doesn't mean some demon-lord somewhere hasn't created a fiend in their image," he says, stomping after his impish protege.

"Don't worry, Papa, I smell some bad stuff down below, but no death-worms. Plus, Asnir turned me on to this new app for my phone -- WormBGone. It takes care of parasite-kinda worms with sonic vibrations, and pings me with an alarm when bigger ones are around!"

"We still need to have a conversation about phone privileges, you know. The wicked nun was saying something about screen time and ..." -- whatever else the apok was going to say is lost as the ground beneath him collapses and he goes sliding into the darkness in an avalanche of dust and pebbles.

Karl flies down after, illuminating the way with his glowing sword, and soon enough Penitent -- his pride the only thing wounded in the fall -- find themselves meandering through the half-ruined dungeons of the collapsed castle. Approaching one oubliette, Penitent finds fresh blood and the corpses of several vampires felled by sharpened bits of wood.

"Behind me, Karl," he says, not entirely expecting the imp to obey as he rushes into the room, blades bared.

Penitent barely has time to bat away the silver-tipped javelin that arcs toward him, quivering in the doorframe when it strikes. Spinning, he prepares to engage the thrower but is stopped in his tracks when he sees her, and the dagger in her hands -- the soul-stealing blade Penitent once plunged into his own wife's heart.
Daughter of Del Rio.JPG
Daughter of Del Rio.JPG (36.45 KiB) Viewed 24765 times
"You. The daughter of Del Rio. How did you end up here?" he asks, recognizing the street urchin he saved while hunting vampires with Vela in that damned city.

She shrugs, seemingly unsurprised to find him in such a place.

"Ran out of bloodsuckers to kill in Rio, so joined up with the Rangers. Got captured in the attack, brought here. Got free in the quake and started killing vampires," she says, before looking up at him with suspicion. "You here to take back your knife?"

Penitent holds a hand up, waving off the idea, after sheathing his blades.

"No, no. I am done with that particular blade, and it is done with me. By the looks of things, you've made it your own. Come, if you'd like to continue killing earth-demons, I can show you to good company. We are meeting below, then heading off to save more of your comrades."

Heading for the door, he turns back around: "Tell me, daughter of Del Rio, what is your name? I did not learn it the last time we met."

She shrugs again, already heading for the door, but answers off-handedly as she goes: "I was called Luisa before. But those I hunt gave me a new name, Thana, because I bring death.

Following her out, Penitent notices Karl drooling, his mouth hanging open like a puppy that's just spotted a mountain of peanut butter.

"Oh, Papa, I think I'm in love!"
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Rangers 3
[dice:6gjvsopy]48502:0[/dice:6gjvsopy]
[dice:6gjvsopy]48502:1[/dice:6gjvsopy]
Notice 4
Notice [dice:6gjvsopy]48502:2[/dice:6gjvsopy]
Wild [dice:6gjvsopy]48502:3[/dice:6gjvsopy]
Zacatecas, Mexico/Castle Ruins
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn stared at the castle ruins, looking for trouble. She didn’t see anything. She glanced over at Melody and Blanca, scratching the puppy’s head reassuringly. “I do not see any threat, but we keep eyes open, sí, and we not go alone. You come with me?” she offered the young mystic.

Ashlyn went to a smaller building than what looked like the ruined library. This one seemed disused for a long time, neglect leaving it covered in dust and grime, but it had clearly been a chapel of some sort. Ashlyn walked in with a bit of reverence and crossed herself. She went to the altar and knelt down, brushing away some of the dust. There was a picture of Saint Miguel Pro in his famous pose before his death in a cracked frame. Ashlyn smiled and said a simple prayer for the saint’s protection. She cracked the frame a bit more and removed it, carefully putting the saint’s picture inside her armor with her other important personal effects.

Ashlyn found a door leading into a basement. These may have been the catacombs of the castle where the lords were buried, or maybe just where the chapel buried its priests. She drew her light blade and activated it to be able to see as she meandered her way through the crypts.

Down in the tunnels beneath the castle, Aslyn heard noise, voices. She deactivated her blade and listened, creeping closer. She found a handful of rangers that had escaped the clutches of the vampires. Most of them were injured, but three were well enough to join her.

Ashlyn did what she could for the fallen, whether healing, medical care, or just a listening ear before she had to move on if she was going to meet the others. She let the injured know how to get out and where the other rangers were camped. Then she continued down to the rendezvous point.
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Once he walks out through the stone wall into the chamber where they agreed to meet up, Hans looks around. Penitent is already there with his Imp, Karl. Ashlyn shows up quickly with her dog, Bianca. Waiting a few minutes in silence, Hans has yet to see Ndreare, Kir, or the robot Rod appear.

"How long should we wait here for the other three to join us before we try to start looking for them? If it is a over an hour, I would like to commune with the Stone around us to see if it can tell me something of what is down there. Anyways, you still have not informed me of what we will be facing in here. A little bit of forewarning will allow me to quickly cobble together a few Gadgets to make our time easier. Are we expecting more Rahu-Men... or whatever Penitent meant earlier by Blood Demons. Penitent, did you mean what most people call Vampires?"
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Hans Greuber wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:30 am” Penitent, did you mean what most people call Vampires?"
”Vampires, yes. The blood drinkers. A sage in the Legion’s Castle referred to them as earth-bound demons once, and that is what they smell like to me. Demons of the dust, bound into corpses that should have gone back to dirt. I imagine a great many lie in our path, and other foulness besides.”
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Postcognition
Trying to see who living has passed through here in the last month, especially if they might be child-sized (His sister?!?)
  • Spirit: [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:0[/dice:3iwm94a8]
    Wild: [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:1[/dice:3iwm94a8]
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise.
    • On a success, the caster witnesses a surge of memories, focused on emotionally charged events from the last ten years. Each raise allows the caster to see farther into the past (per the GM’s discretion). Note that really major, dramatic, or emotion-filled events (such as a murder or a couple falling in love) are always treated as “fresher” memories and, thus, can be witnessed on a normal success regardless of how far in the past they occurred.
    Smarts Roll to Pick out Information
    • Smarts: [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:2[/dice:3iwm94a8]
      Wild: [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:3[/dice:3iwm94a8]
      Result: 11 - Success with Raise.
      • After getting a “reading,” the caster can make a Smarts roll to try and pick out pertinent pieces of information (based on what they were trying to discover by using the Power). Each raise allows them to attain more information. By successfully shrinking the area of the reading, the caster gets a +2 or +4 to their Smarts roll, based on how focused the reading was.
Gadget Crafting
Damage Field with Water Trapping - Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Encapsulation - Major
  • TW (+2 due Machine Maestro): [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:4[/dice:3iwm94a8]
    Wild: [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:5[/dice:3iwm94a8]
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise. Damage Field Gadget with Water Trapping (25 PPE)
Blast with Water Trapping - Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Omnidirectional Eruptor
  • TW (+2 due Machine Maestro): [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:6[/dice:3iwm94a8]
    Wild: [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:7[/dice:3iwm94a8]
    Result: 4 - Success. Blast Gadget with Water Trapping
Burst with Water Trapping - Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Directional Eruptor
  • TW (+2 due Machine Maestro): [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:8[/dice:3iwm94a8]
    Wild: [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:9[/dice:3iwm94a8]
    Result: 6 - Success. Burst Gadget with Water Trapping (20 PPE)
Smite with Water Trapping - Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Encapsulation - Minor
  • TW (+2 due Machine Maestro): [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:10[/dice:3iwm94a8]
    Wild: [dice:3iwm94a8]48845:11[/dice:3iwm94a8]
    Result: 5 - Success. Smite Gadget with Water Trapping (20 PPE)
Seeing that there was time to wait while the rest of the `Vampire Hunters" joined them, Hans sat down, closed his eyes, and meditated on the Stone beneath him. Deeper and deeper his mind melded with the Stone until it began to give up its secrets. After almost an hour, Hans opened his eyes again.

"Alright. For the last month, Vampires, Rahu-Men, and THOUSANDS of humans entered these ruins. This changed a couple days ago. Since then, other than us, only a Lady clad in Armor that is not from around here and a Dwarven Lady I believe to be my sister have entered. I am here to rescue my sister. Now I will prepare a few water based Gadgets to help us deal with the Vampires."

Within a minute, Hans has assembled four Gadgets that he refers to as a Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Encapsulation - Major (Damage Field - Water), a Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Omnidirectional Eruptor (Blast - Water), a Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Directional Eruptor (Burst - Water), and a Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Encapsulation - Minor (Smite - Water).

"Now I have a couple of Water based weapons... a portable firehose and a water grenade launcher for those of you who are not properly educated in Trans-Dimensional Physics... as well as a couple that will either surround with water either you as protection, or a weapon that you choose to dissipate the energies that keep the walking corpses animated. The weapons should be good for maybe a half dozen shots each at most, and the others may last a total of about a minute each. Any questions?"
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

OOC Comments
[dice:2fb5jnet]48889:0[/dice:2fb5jnet]
4) Jack Pot: wealth beyond imagine is within your grasp. Isn’t it always. Make an agility roll at -4. Success and you recovered this powerful item or stash of valuable goods. You get either your choice of supertech, enchanted, or TW item with 1d4 mods. If you do not want the item you can instead choose 1d4x100k creds in valuable goods. Failure, 1 wound.

broken The castle ruins are only a few miles away.

Agility Roll -4!!!
Agility [dice:2fb5jnet]48889:1[/dice:2fb5jnet] Ace [dice:2fb5jnet]48889:3[/dice:2fb5jnet]
Wild Die [dice:2fb5jnet]48889:2[/dice:2fb5jnet]

I will work out with Jon the nature of the Super Tech to make sure it is okay.

Mods/Points [dice:2fb5jnet]48889:4[/dice:2fb5jnet]

Watching the dwarf move so easily over the terrain Ndreare wishes he had his old gravity system. Flying around the terrain was always something on the easier side of things. Meanwhile Rodney was being extremely helpful, his ability to provide some outline maps and directions for them was becoming increasingly useful. Ndreare was satisfied that he was really becoming part of a team and the two of them should hopefully be able to spend a couple hundreds years together.

Ndreare always distrusted dwarves, but when he started warning them of the vampires and providing tools for fighting them he was more impressed. Accepting the resources he drew out his blades and prepared for any possible ambush looking for signs. Suddenly one of the walls came to life as a being came peeling away and attacked, without hesitation Rodney's laser shot through the creature at the same time as Ndreare sliced it in half, as its body fell to the ground Ndreare looked down at the thing. "Master you must learn to be more alert."

Not even a little annoyed by the robot this time Ndreare was surprised to see the creature was armed with technology he had not seen in a very long time. Lifting it from the corpse Ndreare cleaned it off. "Now this will come in handy."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Handing out most of his new Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Gadgets, Hans gives Ndreare the Directional Eruptor (20 PPE Burst), Kir will be given the Major Encapsulator (25 PPE Damage Field), Karl is given the Omnidirectional Eruptor (20 PPE Blast), and keeps the Minor Encapsulator (20 PPE Smite) for himself.

"I think this is the best distribution of these Gadgets. If you have any different ideas, or if there is one more Gadget that I can make that you think would be very useful, now is the time. I will be spending the next 20 minutes making two Pemanent Sunlight Lanterns of sorts."

Creating and using Light - Sunlight Gadget
Creating Gadget (Pinpoint Singularity Wormhole Generator)
  • TW: [dice:2b90zwy6]48897:0[/dice:2b90zwy6]
    Wild: [dice:2b90zwy6]48897:1[/dice:2b90zwy6]
    Result: 5 - Success. Light (Sunlight) Gadget with 20 PPE
Using Greater Light on a pebble
  • TW: [dice:2b90zwy6]48897:2[/dice:2b90zwy6]
    Wild: [dice:2b90zwy6]48897:3[/dice:2b90zwy6]
    Result: 14 - Permanent Light on a Pebble (Sunlight)
Using Greater Light on a Pebble - Interrupted. PPE spent.
  • TW: [dice:2b90zwy6]48897:4[/dice:2b90zwy6]
    Wild: [dice:2b90zwy6]48897:5[/dice:2b90zwy6]
    • Ace: [dice:2b90zwy6]48897:6[/dice:2b90zwy6]
      • Re-Ace: [dice:2b90zwy6]48897:7[/dice:2b90zwy6]
    Result: 17 - Permanent Light on a Pebble
Killing time while waiting for Kir, Hans makes a Stable Pinpoint Singularity Wormhole on a pebble he finds, connected to the sun on the other side. This takes ten minutes, and Hans just started a second one when Kir finally arrives. Seeing it is time to go, Hans stops what he was doing and gets ready to leave to rescue his sister.

"I have linked this stone to direct sunlight shining via a Pinpoint Singularity Wormhole. The light will burn any Vampires coming near you. The Wormhole is stable, and won't collapse unless someone manages to disrupt the energy. It should otherwise last as long as that pebble. You can keep it after we are done here, since your Asnir is sort of my employer at this time. Here is also a Major Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Encapsulator (25 PPE Damage Field - Water Trapping), you can use it to have a coating of moving water to hurt any Vampires that touch you, though it will only last a minute or two so choose the time wisely."

"Time to go, everybody?"

I really have to get around to converting my NE-45 "Heavy Magnum" Cartridge Revolver when I get the time and components.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Balad of Zacatecus
No trap was too small for the dwarve, no ranger left unturned for the female mystic and Apok, no loot stash left alone by the dark elf, and no answer from the male mystic. Those snippets formed the balad of Zacatecus said to be sung in the many days that followed what transpired in the dilapidated dangerous catacombs that lay far beneath the once proud castle. The daughter of Del Rio, Thana the lady of death and her paramour the red toned demon would be king Karl, would one day grace the taverns and water holes of not only north america but of Egland with the high and low notes of her tale.

Spoon Fed Edition Video recap

Catacombs: Dark and Desperate After making their way to the spot of saftey ever their guide the floating cylindericle black droid Karl extends his radar leading the way. His monotone snide commentary softly fills the void inbetween the crunching of the groups foot falls. ”Master, and his allies... We must go west from here. Not all of us are stone masters. In about 200 feet I am detecting a large mass of what is most likely vampires... 25 to 30. My sensors are having trouble picking up the vampires with all this rock. Possibly because they are undead. They seem to be unaware of our presence at the moment... I am also detecting a pair of individuals far beneath us traveling very slow.”

Karl looks up from his phone, he has been trying to photo shop a tastful pic of himself, Ashlyn, and the new arrival Thana, the daughter of New Del Rio all together. He grins pulling his battle fury blade, ”Lets go make them confess eh!”

Thana slaps a hand over the imps excited mouth which starts to lick it. She seethes quietly, ” Gross, Imp... You heard the droid. They are not yet aware. You were not in the sewers of Rio, we had to be quiet as we came upon our quarry least they bring in enogh allies to overwhelm us... I lost... No more imp.”. After seeing Karl nod and lick some more to her distain she removed her hand and slung the spittle onto a rock nearby. Still whispering, ”Awh, so gross.”

The three rangers Ashlyn picked up chuckled softly at Thana’s discomfort. Blanca yips softly nuzzling Ashlyn.

Rod beeps and boops softly, ”Yes the dog is correct, there are multiple paths to the cavern filled with vampires.”

The dog growls a bit and Rod responds, ” Yes, we must move through this tunnel if we are to proceed. I would recommend we approch with care and with the stealth of my master’s kin.” The droid’s attena whirls for a moment, ” I have updated your maps with the three easiest approaches to this cavern and the vampires. The first and most direct is just to keep following this tunnel. It will lead directly to them with out advantage and the least peril.” Everyone’s hud and or communicator beeps and a line from your current position straight to a cavern 40” away from you.

Rod’s eye flash yellow briefly and he continues with fained displief, ” There is also a path that will lead you to the top of the cavern and small ledge overlooking the vampire morass. It is unstable to say the least, and maybe some kind of old lava tube. However, after a 200 foot trek you would most decidly have the advantage against the vampires.” The group receives a marked off shoot nearby that requires a steep crawl finally arriving at the eastern top of the cavern.

Karl chuckles, ” You would have to be suicidal Droid for that way.” Blanca Ashes dog yips softly.

Rod sounding slightly aannoyed continues, ” Yes Blanca, I was coming to that. The finaly passage is perhaps the most unstable. Only a true splunker would be able to pass through it, and even then the likely hood of the emerging unharmed is .01%. This tunnel is less of a tunnel and more of a rocky large worm hole, but after 200 feet it would bring you directly beneath the vampires and would give you a high degree of tactical advantage.” The droid marks the start of it on your maps and finishes, ” You would have to be an idiot to take it though. The instability of the rock all but assures a collapse and from what I understand being buried aliave is the worst way to go.”

Karl licks his lips still savor the taste of his new lady friend, ” So what you are saying crome dome is, easy, hard, or dead are the three paths we can go?”

Thana, pops down a pair of green tinted goggles and extigushes her light source, ” Best if we travel the rest of the way in darkness. Rule 1 in my neck of the woods.”

Player Directions:

RP as you will, and decide which way you will go (Allied extras or sidekicks under your control will be assumed to go the way you are going). Note: This a fun opertunity to think tactically and have folks if they dare approach from different directions.
  • Easy
  • Hard
  • Dead
Lastly make a stealth roll at -2 for the first part of your journey. The travelled catacombs do a great job amplifying even the smallest of sounds. Please include the stealth roll for Allied extras (assume a d6, Thana has a d8+2, Karl unless noted has a d6), each WC or extra has 1 benny.

GM Note: Next GM post will be for the last 4” of movement and at that time would be an appropriate time to activate any powers.

Uhh hey GM what happens if we fail a stleath roll? Oh nothing too bad except roll a 1d10 and that is how many extra vampires you get to fight.

Uhhh dude, I got some made burrow power, sweet! Make the listed stealth roll.

Uhhh GM I am Mr. Mcgyver! Nice you can roll repair instead of stealth ( keep the -2 penalty). Mcgyver some sound proofing boots! Umm what if I get like a 16 on my roll? Dude!

Oh oh oh GM I can meld with shadows! Are there shadows? Are you brandishing a light source??? Really???? Roll 1d100 for all the extra vamps!

Got a better Idea on how to get passed or attack the vampires lets do it!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

After getting a communications channel used by the rest, Hans switches over to it and dims the light from his suit to the dimmest of red glows.

"Which route are you all planning? I am thinking of using the 'Hard' path for myself due to my affinity with Stone allowing me to travel through it. Also, do any of you not have an effective way of seeing in the dark? I can make a Gadget that would give you the ability for a few hours. This is only if you do not have another method... I am starting to run out of charged power cores to make these Gadgets."
Getting McGyver via Adventure Card
Getting Ashlyn's Adventure Card - We Have the Talent and using it to take my next Advance now... McGyver. Ashlyn is getting my Seize the Day card in return.
MyGyver-ing up his Boots 8
Repair to use MyGyver (+2 due Universal Energy to Matter Converter, +2 due Mr. Fixit, -2 due Difficulty, +2 due Machine Maestro)
  • Repair: [dice:38mh4rwn]48949:0[/dice:38mh4rwn]
    Wild: [dice:38mh4rwn]48949:1[/dice:38mh4rwn]
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise. Time takes 1/4 normal (1/2 from Mr. Fixit and 1/2 for Converter)
Looking over the rubble on the floor, Hans gets some of the rock bits and, using his Universal Energy to Matter Converter, binds them to the base of his boots to make his footfalls sound more like just the settling that one hears in almost any natural cavern.

Glad to have come up with a method to help me sneak up on those Vampires without depleting another Power Core.

After hearing the plans of the others, Hans will be melding into the Stone and following along side the 'Hard' path. The crushed rock that he has on his boors will change the sound of any time that his feet exit then re-enter the Stone to sound just like routine settling of the caverns.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn Stealth 12
-2 difficulty -2 Encumbrance
Stealth [dice:5wyrparu]49091:0[/dice:5wyrparu]
Wild [dice:5wyrparu]49091:1[/dice:5wyrparu]
Benny for EE [dice:5wyrparu]49091:5[/dice:5wyrparu]
Ace [dice:5wyrparu]49091:6[/dice:5wyrparu]
Ranger Group Stealth 7
-2 difficulty
Stealth [dice:5wyrparu]49091:2[/dice:5wyrparu]
Wild [dice:5wyrparu]49091:3[/dice:5wyrparu]
Ace [dice:5wyrparu]49091:4[/dice:5wyrparu]
Zacatecas, Mexico/Under the castle
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn eyed Rod with surprise when he seemed to respond to Blanca. “You understand her?” She cuddled the white puppy closer before tucking her safely into her pack as she listened to Rod’s description of the various routes they could take.

“i like the idea of high ground,” Ashlyn said. “Though gaining the most advantage would be good, too,” she mused on the two more difficult routes.

She grew quiet and snuck forward with the others.
Character Tracker
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent listens to the options carefully, and while his gut instinct is to gain maximum tactical advantage, regardless of personal danger, he's not a lone angel of death here. The Daughter of Del Rio is an unknown entity, at this point, and Karl has a tendency to go color outside the lines ...

"'Large, rocky worm hole,' huh? Despite past victories against giant worms in the recent past, perhaps now is not the time for such encounters. I and mine will take the middle path, and attack the earth-demons from above. As the Daughter of Del Rio suggests, we will travel in darkness, rather than announce our arrival to the damned facing judgment."

"Sure thing, Papa, we'll do Hide and Seek in the dark!" Karl says, winking at Thana. "Let's go bump some uglies!"

Thana rolls her eyes and sighs in disgust, but Penitent ignores the teenaged exchange, instead digging into his pack for a vial of weapon black.

"Here, boy, cover your sword, so that we may move with bare blades without reflecting any light. Keep your tongue in your mouth and follow me. Thana can bring up the rear."

Taking the Hard route.
Stealth: Penitent 7 (9); Karl 10; Thana 4
Penitent
Stealth [dice:1dukx0wy]49104:0[/dice:1dukx0wy]
Wild [dice:1dukx0wy]49104:1[/dice:1dukx0wy] = Ace! [dice:1dukx0wy]49104:4[/dice:1dukx0wy] +2 if Woodsman applies = Success or Raise

Karl (actually has Stealth d8)
Stealth [dice:1dukx0wy]49104:2[/dice:1dukx0wy]
Will use Benny for Extra Effort [dice:1dukx0wy]49104:5[/dice:1dukx0wy] = Ace! [dice:1dukx0wy]49104:6[/dice:1dukx0wy] = Raise

Thana
Stealth [dice:1dukx0wy]49104:3[/dice:1dukx0wy] = Success
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare listens to the assessment and then the plans of the others. With so many vampires their best bet is getting some area of effect globes of daylight or even Penitent in their midst. Looking at the redeemed warrior he asks. "I can teleport you and Karl into them if desired?"

Penitent nods accepting the much more efficient way to get to his prey and the group gathers. Casting smite on Rods weapon turning into an lance of pure light Ndreare says to the team. "Rod, keep as much distance as possible, and stay safe. The rest of you if you want to come, them join I can take 2 more."

Once the logistics are settled then Ndreare casts his protective spells on himself and waits for the right timing then teleports into the center of the mass. Surprise is a wonderful tool, this time it will be even more wonderful.

OOC Comments
Greater Smite on Rodney gun and my blades 35-(12-2) = 25 PPE
Spellcasting [dice:3hx1zqpr]49222:0[/dice:3hx1zqpr]
Wild [dice:3hx1zqpr]49222:1[/dice:3hx1zqpr]

Greater Deflection on me 23-(4-1)=-22
Spellcasting [dice:3hx1zqpr]49222:2[/dice:3hx1zqpr]
Wild [dice:3hx1zqpr]49222:3[/dice:3hx1zqpr]

Greater Teleport on us = 19-(5-3) = 20 PPE left
Spellcasting [dice:3hx1zqpr]49222:4[/dice:3hx1zqpr]
Wild [dice:3hx1zqpr]49222:5[/dice:3hx1zqpr]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

+1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The old enemy returns The chronicles of the vampire kingdoms say little in way of the exploration of the ruins of Lord Ruthvan’s castle Zacatecus other than the words: It Returned.

A maleviolent force, twice encountered by these heroes lurked in the shadows and in fact was made entirely of the shadow that loomed in the dark of the broken catacombs. But this being was more than the shadow in which it hid, it was a force of magic primordial and old as time itself. A vestige of XY emerged to seek revenge on those who had twice insulted it, and take back the one who knew its gullet all too well.

The high road: Ashlyn and Hans

A series of tunnels and broken bed rock the climb and slide through rock is tretcherous and filled with bones! As the two heroes and fearless dog approach the end that would give them a great vantage over the vampires that block their way the bones come alliave and the rock Hans is sliding through becomes little more than a boney tunnel. As they begin to constrict on the heroes Hans can feel the magic emanating from the bone piles as if they are the many fingers of XY itself! The magic washes over the heroes causing blanca to howl and vanish from existance! Quite possibly for a moment the heroes may find themselves without access to magical aids!

A horrible voice seeps through the now boney constricting passage, ” The drums pound, and I awake from a slumber long and deep. Mortals I crave your essence, you are strong but I am eternal.” Now surrounded by bones, the passage the heroes travel through vibrates with ancient maleviolent laughter as the bones push and pull the heroes into a tight everlasting grasp. If the heroes, through strength or agility, can worm their way through without getting squeezed to death they would have a good vantage point to attack their foes from. The rangers following behind Ashlyn seem to have lagged behind just enough to only be able to watch in horror as the bones crush the heroes!

The Dead Passage: Pen and Ndreare

Teleporting into the middle of the vampire horde, popping sunlight, letting Pen do what he does sounded super easy. However, as the heroes emerge from the effects of the teleport they soon realize they are not where they are supposed to be. Instead they are greated by a thundering beating drum and a swirling light flitting about a dark well. Bang... Bang... Bang... They are floating or perhaps falling down a great well at least 10” wide, and instead of filled with water it is filled with a multitude of images of the megaverse. The images pass rapidly like a cloudy mirrored dream in front of the heroes. A snowy landcape with a broodimg figure on the horizon. Poof, then a strange starship cloaked in fire. Poof, an image of above the ruins with Reid’s rangers freeing their fellow rangers from rubble and rock. A mighty voice yells from above, and to those who may have met him, it is Humble calling you, ” Asnir, says you must find your way home! Go back or the drums will end you!” The drums echo harder and faster, its rythm and reverbabrations fill your body to the point it may indeed tear itself apart!

Poof the image of the vampire horde in the ruins of Zacatecus appears before you and then vanishes. Humble calls again from a distance, ” You are in the Well of Souls! Touch your home before it is too late!” Poof, the image vanishes and is replaced by another one. This time of Vela the wearjaguar stalking accross the land in chase of something. Then and another, and another. It cycles rapidly through mirraid of places you could go including the vampire horde. Anyone who has a a good sense about danger can feel it would end poorly if you touched a dream not meant for you. The thrum of the drum washes over you casting a great and powerful magic over the tunnel. Those that may be steeped in the arcane ways can tell a great dispelling field capable of dystroying any magic has washed over the heroes. The time to touch the image that will return you home is upon you. But it will take careful anticipation, strength of fortitude, or quick reflexes to not accidently touch an image you do not belong to. Choose correct and your advantage over the vampire’s will be dominate, choose poorly and your soul maybe forever trapped in the Well for all time! Interestingly, with the exception of the one known as Humble only Pen and Ndreare made the journey.

High Passage:
  • Step 1: Antimagic Grasp: Make a spellcaster vs 5 [dice:2w28ohs3]49371:0[/dice:2w28ohs3] Wild [dice:2w28ohs3]49371:1[/dice:2w28ohs3] Benny to reroll: [dice:2w28ohs3]49371:4[/dice:2w28ohs3] Wild [dice:2w28ohs3]49371:5[/dice:2w28ohs3]to have access to any magical benifits for further rolls in the passage.
  • Step 2: Make a STR of AGILITY roll at -4 to get out of the boney grap of XY before it is too late!
    • Crit Fail: 1d3 wounds (Soak as normal)
    • Fail: 1 wound and 1 level of fatigue
    • Success: 1st round of combat you can treat your self to having the joker (Note you did not actually draw a joker so no bennies but everything else).
    • Raise: Joker benifits are doubled.
Dead Passage:
  • Step 1: Antimagic Drum: Make a spellcaster vs 13 [dice:2w28ohs3]49371:2[/dice:2w28ohs3] Wild [dice:2w28ohs3]49371:3[/dice:2w28ohs3] benny for EF: [dice:2w28ohs3]49371:6[/dice:2w28ohs3] to have access to any magical benifits for further rolls in the Well.
  • Step 2: Make a Smarts, AGILITY or Vigor roll at -6 to successfully touch the right image that will return you back to the ruins of Zacatecus and the ensuing fight against the vampires before the drums and the touch of an errant image forever trap you in the well!
    • Crit Fail: 1d4+1 wounds (Soak as normal)
    • Fail: 2 wound and 2 level of fatigue (Soak as normal)
    • Success: 1st round of combat you can treat your self to having the joker (Note you did not actually draw a joker so no bennies but everything else). Plus you also have the Drop!
    • Raise: Joker benifits are doubled and 2nd round you gain the benidifits of the joker.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

High Passage Rolls
Technowizard
  • TW: [dice:1y1f481p]49382:0[/dice:1y1f481p]
    Wild: [dice:1y1f481p]49382:1[/dice:1y1f481p]
    Result: 5 - Success. Hans's Magical Gear is still working
Strength Roll (-4 due Difficulty, d12+2 Strength due H1 Armor so d12-2)
  • Strength: [dice:1y1f481p]49382:2[/dice:1y1f481p]
    Wild: [dice:1y1f481p]49382:3[/dice:1y1f481p]
    • Ace: [dice:1y1f481p]49382:4[/dice:1y1f481p]
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise. Double Joker Bonuses (Except the Bennie) for the first round of combat.
Having experienced the magic draining powers of XY before, Hans has adjusted the frequency of the harmonics of his H1 Technosmith Armor to create a field that surrounds Hans and protects his magical items... this time at least.

Drawing upon the vast magically augmented Strength that is given to him by his armor, Hans forces his way through the bones by sheer strength and is easily able to get through the bones with little delay, allowing him to go towards the spot he intended.

"Everyone, XY is interfering with us. Are you all in good order?"
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Spellcasting 15, Agility 15, 1 Benny spent
Spellcasting d12+2, Gear +3
Spellcasting [dice:p4wz7rk5]49384:0[/dice:p4wz7rk5]
Wild Die [dice:p4wz7rk5]49384:1[/dice:p4wz7rk5]

Agility Roll d10, Scene -6
Agility [dice:p4wz7rk5]49384:2[/dice:p4wz7rk5]
Wild [dice:p4wz7rk5]49384:3[/dice:p4wz7rk5] Ace [dice:p4wz7rk5]49384:4[/dice:p4wz7rk5]
  • Benny to Extra effort (Elan adds +2)
    Extra Effort [dice:p4wz7rk5]49384:5[/dice:p4wz7rk5] Ace [dice:p4wz7rk5]49384:6[/dice:p4wz7rk5]
Descending through the well of souls Ndreare feels Xi trying to interrupt his ability to channel and draw magic. using as much skill as he can he ensure he does not let go of Penitent. Whatever they did to attract the attention of the great sleeper Ndreare wanted nothing to do with it. Such a creature could snuff them all out without even realizing it. As they fall he see that strange Ogre from the inn and is almost distracted.

Too many coincidences for one journey, but no time to think on them. Reaching out he grabs the ledge and gets Pen and himself out of the teleport in time for them to arrive where they belonged.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Faith 23; Vigor 8
Faith [dice:2wiq11gg]49449:0[/dice:2wiq11gg] = Ace! [dice:2wiq11gg]49449:2[/dice:2wiq11gg]
Wild [dice:2wiq11gg]49449:1[/dice:2wiq11gg] = Ace! [dice:2wiq11gg]49449:3[/dice:2wiq11gg] = Ace [dice:2wiq11gg]49449:4[/dice:2wiq11gg] = Ace! [dice:2wiq11gg]49449:5[/dice:2wiq11gg]

Using Vigor (including TW armor bonus)

Vigor [dice:2wiq11gg]49449:6[/dice:2wiq11gg] = Success
Wild [dice:2wiq11gg]49449:7[/dice:2wiq11gg] = Ace! [dice:2wiq11gg]49449:8[/dice:2wiq11gg]

Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice:2wiq11gg]49449:9[/dice:2wiq11gg] = Success with a Raise
The first thing Penitent notices isn't the blackness, or the rush of dream-like images, but the dead weight hanging on his face. The demon mask is as much part of him as his own flesh, so when it goes inert in the magic-dead zone, he feels it immediately.

Tumbling down the well, he sees N'dreare nearby and surmises that the dark elf's attempt to teleport them into the vampire horde must have gone awry, or been corrupted in some fashion. The booming voice of the ogre demigod, who the apok met in the extraplanar inn, confirms the suspicion.

”You are in the Well of Souls! Touch your home before it is too late!”

Home? Penitent thinks. This dark hell is as close to home as I deserve.

As the images flash by, the apok's mind slides back into memory. Scenes from his own dark past emerge like faces from dark water. It was the same when he gained the mask, his flesh and soul scoured clean in the life-vat on Wormwood, drowned in darkness before the hard, bright thing that was left swam free, rising to the surface to catch fire with vengeance.

That fire had not been quenched.

Darkness will not hold me, no more than a wooden cage holds the flame, he thinks, as his demon mask awakens and power flows through into armor and other accoutrements. The darkness is only fuel.

Angling toward the stream of images, Penitent doesn't try to pick out the correct one with guile or agility. Instead, he uses brute force, shouldering through the barrage of alternate possibilities, clawing and pushing each away as he pulls the image of the vampire horde to him, fist over fist, until it is within his grasp.

"Come now, black things, so you may be consumed," he says, as he reaches into the image and pulls himself through.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Mysticism 22
Mysticism [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:0[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Ace [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:4[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Wild [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:1[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Psionics 8
Psionics [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:2[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Wild [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:3[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Ace [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:5[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Agility 1
-4 difficulty, -2 encumbrance
Agility [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:6[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Wild [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:7[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Benny to reroll
Agility [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:8[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Wild [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:9[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Last benny to reroll
Agility [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:10[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Wild [dice:3dt52rkx]49465:11[/dice:3dt52rkx]
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn exclaimed in concern as Blanca disappeared. “Damn you, XY!” she cursed, pushing her way through the bones. She felt her magic pushed against, trying to be shut down. She pushed back against it with both the power of her mind and her faith, gasping as she felt the oppression give way.

But her gear was weighing her down. She’d had to carry it ever since their Zone Ranger was destroyed. She struggled through the bone tunnel. It crushed down on her and she cried out in pain as her leg was crushed before she tumbled free.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Time: 0 Minutes
Round: 1
Please keep careful track of PPE/ISP.
Combat Begins with a bang!

Pen, Ndreare, Karl, and the daughter of Del Rio appear in the morass of Vampire’s about 40 strong. They seem to have noticed something above them and are caught unawares by the teleporting duo and their charges. Rodney tentativly hovers in the rocky hallway that leads to the cavern of vampires.

He messages his master and his allies on their communicators: Something is blocking my scanners. The last position of the pair of people we are following was they were 3/4 of the way through the cavern far below us... I can no long detect the thousands of rangers in the water ways below...

Karl laughs at the text Rodney sent him and draws his battle fury blade. The fires of battle grip the teenage brodkill as he licks his lips, ” Only fourty? Haha, perhaps they did not get the memo we were coming.”

The daughter of Del Rio nods pulling out the dagger Pen had bequethed to her long ago. She whispers seething as the dagger glints silver in what little light there may be ” Aye, surprise is our ally!”

Hans and Ashlyn manage to wriggle out of XY’s grasp and find themselves on a ledge over looking the vampires. While Hans seems to have initiative fully on his side, Ashlyn’s encombrance and own physical maladies seem to hinder her in taking full advantage of their groups surprise. Blanca licks Ashlyn and the dog’s cool nose is soothing as Ashlyn feels warmth not usually found in the lands populated by vampires. She feels refreshed and free from fatigue(If she has a wound, still wounded)!

Below(10”) the duo is about 40 vampires and their comrades suddenly apear out of nowhere in the middle of the murder. The vamps his and snarl! The battle is joined in this dark place lit by only the lights the heroes so ignite! For now XY seems content to toy with the heroes like a cat with a mouse. Will the old one bid his time and strike again when the heroes are at their weakest? How will they slog through these 40 vampires and is this only the beginning???
Round 1 combat: Theater of the mind
  • Pen and Ndreare are surrounded by 40 plus vampires.
    • Ash, and Hans are 10” above the mob of vampires and maybe 5” from the edge of the mob.
Bursts: SBT: 1d6 vampires, MBT 2+1d8, LBT=4+1d10
—Each Raise gets +1 more.
Cavern is a 30” diameter dome.

Initiative: Players go first.
Pen and Ndreare: +double joker benifits (no benny), +drop on first turn (Joker benifits apply to second round too)
Hans: Double Joker Benifits (no benny)
Ashlyn: Can act, but no benifit was gained. Remember +1 benny for keep track of encumbrance. No fatigue, but probably still wounded.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Turn 1
Draw and activate his Chrono-Accelerator for himself (Greater Quickness), and use Mithril Band of Healing (Healing) on Ashlyn
  • Greater Quickness (-4 due MaP, +4 due Double Joker benefit, +2 due Machine Maestro = +2)
    • TW: [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:0[/dice:1zlwlwzo]
      Wild: [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:1[/dice:1zlwlwzo]
      Result: 11 - Success with Raise
      • This power grants incredible swiftness to the recipient. With success the target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. Due to the Raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
        In addition, due to the Jazz trapping, add +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type for the duration of the power.
        In addition to the two complete turns the character gains with quickness, he may ignore up to two points of multi-action penalties on each of those turns.
        9 PPE.
    Healing on Ashlyn (-4 due MaP, +4 due Double Joker benefit, +2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due Ashlyn's Wounds = 0)
    • TW: [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:2[/dice:1zlwlwzo]
      Wild: [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:3[/dice:1zlwlwzo]
      Result: 8 - Success with Raise. Ashlyn Heals 2 Wounds. 3 PPE.
Turn 2
Use his Chrono Accelerator (Greater Quickness) on Ashlyn, use Mithril Band of Power (Tiny Yet Mighty) on NDreare, and draw out his Pebble of Continual Sunlight and fly into the largest remaining group of Vampires
  • Chrono Accelerator on Ashlyn (Greater Quickness) (+4 due Double Joker, -2 due MaP (-4 reduced to -2), +2 due Machine Maestro = +4)
    • TW: [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:4[/dice:1zlwlwzo]
      Wild: [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:5[/dice:1zlwlwzo]
      Result: 15 - Success with Raise(s)
      • This power grants incredible swiftness to the recipient. With success the target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. Due to the Raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
        In addition, due to the Jazz trapping, add +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type for the duration of the power.
        In addition to the two complete turns the character gains with quickness, he may ignore up to two points of multi-action penalties on each of those turns.
        9 PPE.
    Shrink (Tiny yet Mighty) on N'Dreare down to (+4 due Double Joker, -2 due MaP (-4 reduced to -2), +2 due Machine Maestro = +4) down to Size -2
    • TW: [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:6[/dice:1zlwlwzo]
      • Ace: [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:8[/dice:1zlwlwzo]
      Wild: [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:7[/dice:1zlwlwzo]
      Result: 17 - Success with Raise(s)
      • Shrink reduces the Size of the subject by one step for each 2 Power Points, down to a minimum of Size –2 (approximately the size of a rat). Each level of Size reduction reduces the target’s Strength by one die type (minimum of d4) and his Toughness by 1 (minimum of 2). Creatures of Size –2 have the Small ability.
        When using shrink with this Mega Power enhancement, the caster empowers the target to retain his Strength and Toughness while small. 6 PPE.
    Sunlight affects [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:9[/dice:1zlwlwzo] Vampires (LBT) around Hans as he lands
    Damage: [dice:1zlwlwzo]49498:10[/dice:1zlwlwzo]
Seeing that there is lots to do, Hans pulls out his Quantum Accelerator to slow down time for himself before directing his Mithril Band of Healing's green energy into and surrounding Ashlyn; fixing up her legs with a touch. With what seems to him like all the time in the world, Hans sends a jolt of energy into Ashlyn with his Quantum Accelerator before grabbing out his Sunlight Pebble and flying down with his Wings of Icarus to the center of the largest group of Vampires; holding the Sunlight Pebble prominently. Before he lands, Hans sends a ray of dark blue light at Ndreare, who shrinks to the size of a rat. Satisfied he has done much to affect the battle into their favor, Hans lands amongst many of the Vampires who then catch flame and crumble into dust as he settles down on the ground, ready for any that decide to brave the area of bright Sunlight surrounding him.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Coming out in the middle of the Vampires Ndreare is satisfied to see they are completely unprepared for him and Penitent. With a blur of motion he begins casting, first cloaking himself in a fold of dark energy accelerating his relative experience of time, then amplifying his arcane skills and finally a burst of sunlight.

The vampires still reacting too slowly Ndreare accelerates his own reaction times improving his combat skills to new limits, drawing on a life he lived many times before he gains lightning reflexes to destroy the approaching threats, finally Ndreare creates a third ball of sunlight.

Ndreare slices through the vampires as if a hot knife through butter, their bodies unable to resist the enchantments on his blades of the skills bound into his magic.
Results of the whirling Death
Spellcasting Boosted +4, Fighting Boosted +4
Gained Improved First Strike
Gained Improved Counter Attack
Ndreare hits 12 Vampires for 11 Sunlight Damage (drop damage removed)
Ndreare hits 13 Vampires for 10 Sunlight Damage (drop damage removed)
Ndreare Slices two vampires in half for 30 and 35 Silver Mega Damage respectively.
Details and Rolls
PPE Adjusted based on Jon in Hangout
Modifier Double Joker +2 to all rolls, Drop +4 Attack and Damage
Turn 0.1 d12+5 Spellcasting, Modifier Double Joker +4 to all rolls, Drop +4 Attack and Damage, -4 MAP (drops to -2 after Quickness)
Exalted Quickness 35 -(9-6)= 32 PPE
  • Spell Casting [dice:276kifsg]49657:0[/dice:276kifsg] Ace [dice:276kifsg]49657:2[/dice:276kifsg]
    Wild [dice:276kifsg]49657:1[/dice:276kifsg]
EX Boost Spellcasting 32 -(4-4)= 32 PPE
  • Spellcasting [dice:276kifsg]49657:3[/dice:276kifsg]
    Wild Die [dice:276kifsg]49657:4[/dice:276kifsg]
Globe of Daylight 32-(2-2) = 32 PPE
  • Spellcasting [dice:276kifsg]49657:5[/dice:276kifsg]
    Wild Die [dice:276kifsg]49657:6[/dice:276kifsg]
    Affects 12 Vampires for 11 Damage affected [dice:276kifsg]49657:7[/dice:276kifsg] Damage [dice:276kifsg]49657:8[/dice:276kifsg] NO DROP DAMAGE

Turn 0.2 d12+5 Spellcasting, +4 EX Boost, Modifier Double Joker +4 to all rolls, Drop +4 Attack and Damage, -4 MAP
EX Boost Fighting 32 - (4-4) = 32 PPE
  • Spellcasting [dice:276kifsg]49657:9[/dice:276kifsg] Ace [dice:276kifsg]49657:11[/dice:276kifsg]
    Wild [dice:276kifsg]49657:10[/dice:276kifsg]
EX Warriors Gift (Improved First Strike + Improved Counter Attack) 32 - (9-5) = 28 PPE
  • Spellcasting [dice:276kifsg]49657:12[/dice:276kifsg]
    Wild [dice:276kifsg]49657:13[/dice:276kifsg]
Globe of Daylight 28- (2-2) = 28 PPE
  • Spellcasting [dice:276kifsg]49657:14[/dice:276kifsg]
    Wild [dice:276kifsg]49657:15[/dice:276kifsg]
    Affects [dice:276kifsg]49657:16[/dice:276kifsg] vampires for [dice:276kifsg]49657:25[/dice:276kifsg] damage No drop damage
Fighting d12, +4 EX Boost, Modifier Double Joker +4 to all rolls, Drop +4 Attack and Damage, -4 MAP
Damage: Str+d6+8 Notes: AP 12 and +2 Parry
Fighting Sword
  • 30 Mega Damage Hit w/Raise Strength [dice:276kifsg]49657:19[/dice:276kifsg] + [dice:276kifsg]49657:20[/dice:276kifsg] +8, +8 Silver Smite, Raise [dice:276kifsg]49657:21[/dice:276kifsg]
Fighting Sword [dice:276kifsg]49657:17[/dice:276kifsg]
Wild [dice:276kifsg]49657:18[/dice:276kifsg]
  • 35 Mega Damage Hit w/Raise Strength [dice:276kifsg]49657:22[/dice:276kifsg] + [dice:276kifsg]49657:23[/dice:276kifsg] +8, +8 Silver Smite, Raise [dice:276kifsg]49657:24[/dice:276kifsg]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Greater Deflection 15; Raise
+4 Drop
Mysticism [dice:3prr9cph]49676:0[/dice:3prr9cph]
Wild [dice:3prr9cph]49676:1[/dice:3prr9cph]
Greater Entangle 14; Raise; 6 vampires need to make Agility vs TN 14; success they are fully entangled. Raise means escape attempts are at -4. Holy Flames trapping: they must make a Vigor roll vs. Fatigue
+4 Drop
Mysticism [dice:3prr9cph]49676:2[/dice:3prr9cph]
Wild [dice:3prr9cph]49676:3[/dice:3prr9cph]
Ace [dice:3prr9cph]49676:8[/dice:3prr9cph]
MBT Raise [dice:3prr9cph]49676:9[/dice:3prr9cph]
Telekinesis 11; Raise
+4 Drop
Psionics [dice:3prr9cph]49676:4[/dice:3prr9cph]
Wild [dice:3prr9cph]49676:5[/dice:3prr9cph]
Light Blade 10
+4 Drop
Psionics [dice:3prr9cph]49676:6[/dice:3prr9cph]
Wild [dice:3prr9cph]49676:7[/dice:3prr9cph]
SBT [dice:3prr9cph]49676:10[/dice:3prr9cph]
Light Blade Damage 13 AP 3; Raise 22
[dice:3prr9cph]49676:11[/dice:3prr9cph] + [dice:3prr9cph]49676:12[/dice:3prr9cph]
If Raise [dice:3prr9cph]49676:13[/dice:3prr9cph]
Ace [dice:3prr9cph]49676:14[/dice:3prr9cph]
He Who Fights With Monsters + [dice:3prr9cph]49676:16[/dice:3prr9cph]
Sunlight damage to 6 other vampires 15
[dice:3prr9cph]49676:15[/dice:3prr9cph]
He Who Fights With Monsters + [dice:3prr9cph]49676:17[/dice:3prr9cph]
Night
Round 1

Ashlyn felt the soothing from Blanca and hugged the puppy close. Gracias, she said before tucking her safely into her pack again.

As Ashlyn pulled herself up onto her wounded leg she heard the dwarf casting magic, and then felt the rush of healing as her leg grew whole again.

“Thank you,” Ashlyn told the dwarf, and then her mind lit up as he cast another spell on her. Everything seemed to slow down as she processed events at twice the usual speed and more. Ashlyn barely even realized she was casting.

First Ashlyn activated the power in her shield, putting protections around herself, blurring her form to attack. Then she conjured spiritual chains of silvery fire, casting them down upon the vampires, entangling several of them in holy fire.

Ashlyn’s mind came alive and she reached for the light blade at her belt. It floated up, activating and spreading sunlight as it flew down to attack the vampires below.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Rolls
Keeping things simple(ish), and conserving PPE.

Round 1.1: Pen casts Quickness on himself (4 PPE), then Exalted Smite (sunlight) on both his own blades, plus Karl and DoDR's blades (7 PPE), then attacks twice with his chainsword (Frenzy) and once with Durendal (Ambi, 2F). (1PPE spent activating Durendal).
Modifiers: -4 MAP, an extra -2 to the Fighting rolls from Frenzy, +4 to rolls/damage from the double-Joker, and +4 to hit/damage for attacks from The Drop. Pen also has +1 to hit with the chainsword, +2 damage from Champion and +4 damage from Chainsaw of Good.

Quickness
Faith [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:0[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Success with a Raise, so in future redraw initiative cards 8 or less
Wild [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:1[/dice:1oznhb2g]

Exalted Smite
Faith [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:2[/dice:1oznhb2g]
Wild [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:3[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Success, so +4 damage and sunlight

Chainsword #1
Fighting [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:4[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Hit with a Raise
Wild [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:5[/dice:1oznhb2g]
Damage [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:11[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:12[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:13[/dice:1oznhb2g]+18 = Ace! [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:20[/dice:1oznhb2g] = 40 damage, AP 4 = 7 Wounds, 8 if already Shaken

Chainsword #2
Fighting [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:6[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Hit with a Raise
Wild [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:7[/dice:1oznhb2g]
Damage [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:14[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:15[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:16[/dice:1oznhb2g]+18 = 31 damage, AP 4 = 5 Wounds, 6 if already Shaken

Durendal
Fighting [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:8[/dice:1oznhb2g]
Wild [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:9[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Ace! [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:10[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Hit with a Raise
Damage [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:17[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:18[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:19[/dice:1oznhb2g]+18 = 28 damage, AP 4 = 4 Wounds, 5 if already Shaken

Round 1.2: Pen foregoes casting further spells and just attacks, twice with his chainsword (Frenzy) and once with Durendal (Ambi, 2F).
Modifiers: -2 to the Fighting rolls from Frenzy, +4 to rolls/damage from the double-Joker, and +4 to hit/damage for attacks from The Drop. Pen also has +2 damage from Champion and +4 damage from Chainsaw of Good.

Chainsword #1
Fighting [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:21[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Hit with a Raise
Wild [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:22[/dice:1oznhb2g]
Damage [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:27[/dice:1oznhb2g] + [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:28[/dice:1oznhb2g] + [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:29[/dice:1oznhb2g]+18 = 33 damage, AP 4 = 6 Wounds, 7 if already Shaken

Chainsword #2
Fighting [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:23[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Hit with a Raise
Wild [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:24[/dice:1oznhb2g]
Damage [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:30[/dice:1oznhb2g] + [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:31[/dice:1oznhb2g] + [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:32[/dice:1oznhb2g]+18 = Ace! [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:36[/dice:1oznhb2g]= 40 damage, AP 4 = 7 Wounds, 8 if already Shaken

Durendal
Fighting [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:25[/dice:1oznhb2g]
Wild [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:26[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Hit with a Raise
Damage [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:33[/dice:1oznhb2g] + [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:34[/dice:1oznhb2g] + [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:35[/dice:1oznhb2g]+18 = Ace! [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:37[/dice:1oznhb2g]= 34 damage, AP 4 = 6 Wounds, 7 if already Shaken

Penitent casts quickness (with a Raise), then exalted smite, then proceeds to eviscerate six vampires up close and personal.

Karl: Juices up his Battle Fury Blade and attacks twice with Imp. Frenzy. EDIT: Also gets +8 to hit and damage from double-Joker and The Drop
Fighting [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:38[/dice:1oznhb2g] = +8 to hit from bonuses = Hit with a Raise
Damage [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:47[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:48[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:49[/dice:1oznhb2g]+8 = Ace! [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:52[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Ace! [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:54[/dice:1oznhb2g] = 42 damage, AP 4 = 8 Wounds, 9 of already Shaken

Fighting [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:39[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Hit with a Raise
Damage [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:42[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:43[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:44[/dice:1oznhb2g] = Aces! [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:46[/dice:1oznhb2g][dice:1oznhb2g]49712:45[/dice:1oznhb2g]+20 = 24 damage, AP 4 = 3 Wounds, 4 if already Shaken = EDIT with +8 damage = 32 damage, AP 4 = 5 Wounds, 6 if already Shaken

The Daughter of Del Rio: Attacks with her soulknife (ie. vibrosword). Assuming she has the same stats as my other rangers (Fighting d10). EDIT: Also gets +8 to hit and damage from double-Joker and The Drop
Fighting [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:40[/dice:1oznhb2g] = +8 from bonuses = 10 = Hit
Fighting [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:41[/dice:1oznhb2g] Extra/mistaken roll, ignore
Damage [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:50[/dice:1oznhb2g]+[dice:1oznhb2g]49712:51[/dice:1oznhb2g]+8 = Ace! [dice:1oznhb2g]49712:53[/dice:1oznhb2g] = 24 damage, AP 4 = 3 Wounds, 4 if already Shaken

Karl and the Daughter of Del Rio murder three more vampires.
Emerging from the Well of Souls with a roar, Penitent finds himself surrounded by vampires.

Finally, he thinks, before uttering a prayer that infuses his limbs with righteous frenzy (quickness) with a raise), followed by another that causes his own blades, as well as those wielded by Karl and Thana, to glow with the light of the sun (exalted smite-sunlight).

"Die now, a true death, you cursed parasites! In my right hand I bring anathema, in my left damnation, and both call for your blighted blood!"

Counting on both Karl and the Daughter of Del Rio to follow in his wake, the apok wades into the undead horde, his whirling blades carving a path through the damned as explosions of sunlight bloom to either side.

In the blink of an eye, Penitent cuts down six of the fiends, each strike cleaving through a vampire as if it were water. Karl slays another pair, as Thana buries her soulknife in the skull of a ninth vampire before kicking the body away as she draws the blade free from the smoking hole.

As the bloody work continues, Penitent contemplates calling forth a globe of hellfire to finish the earth-demons more quickly. But sensing the Old One XY lurking in the vicinity, he decides to safeguard his power and do battle the old-fashioned way, blow by blow, with blood and the dying breaths of his foes splashing his demon mask.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The heroes looked at the murder of vampires and struck out with sword, sunlight, and spell. There was little wonder as whom had come forth to save us. The look on the vampires who gaurded us said it all. Pale than a sheet, red eyes quivering. The Resalute had arrived. Even the thousands of rangers captured had heard of their exploits far surpassing those of our leader Reid.

But the fear of their true master drove the horde unto the heroes, time and time again. At least for now the vampires have stopped loading us onto boats.
-Leetal Meetal

Silence before the storm For a moment all that is heard is Karl’s labored breathing, the dughter of Del Rio’s soft wiping of her blade, and Rod’s whirling hover system as the droid floated into the room. The vampire’s origionally in the cave were vanquished in three seconds flat. Karl grins at his father disapointed that their was so few. Next to Ashlyn and Hans the white furry dog Blanca yips softly.

Karl laughs driving his battle furry blade home into a vampire body making sure it was dead. Nothing like killin a vampire to make the young brodkill happy. He raised the lifeless vampire head next his own and snapped a picture for his celestial snapchat account. Ashlyn’s dog yipes a bit bitting at Han’s heals. Karl sneezes and mutters, ” That dog is driving me nuts.”

Rodney beeps a few times, it’s exterior radar dish rotating arround. He floats into one of the spheres of daylight extending a small robotic arm towards the way through the cave. It is a dark passage large enough for a dragon, interestingly any of the sunlight does not penatrate its veil. ” My radar will not tell us what is on the other side. Some force is set against us. “ Blanca yips again and Rod beeps, ”Actually the creature is warning us that something this way comes.”

A howl, and a gust of wind rushes forth from the direction the heroes must travel. Two large black void like eyes appear on the veil of darkness that seems cover the cavern exit. The daughter of Del Rio takes a step back unsure of what she was seeing. She whispers afraid yet determined, ” If we must go through there let us go now before...”

A voice of XY fills the cavern grating on your ears, Too Late!

A small group of vampires 16 strong emerge from the dark veil flinging themselves onto the heroes despite their sun burning flesh. They cry in disgust, ” The Sun! They brought the sun!” Fortunately for the heroes the light of the sun starts to burn their flesh throwing them off their game enough to give the vampire hunters a chance to retaliate [Next sunlight damage happens on the wild vampires turn on round 2, 16 vampires near Ndreare and Pen are shaken].

Following far too quickly behind them a trio of vampires loaded with your typical juicer arsenal start crawling up the walls as fast as one could run. They unleash a barrage of plasma bolts from ejectors as they weave and duck behind stalagtites! All three are wearing tattered reid’s ranger uniforms and have the remains of a modified juicer harness on their backs. All three, despite having a wild vampire maw, and red eyes, seem to have faces that have seen the bitter end of a grenade. Despite scoring a hit on Pen and Ndreare the damage dealt does little more than clean the bugs on the heroes armor. The rest of their blasts score the feet at the rest of the heroes.

Karl laughs his wings extending, ” My turn you turds!”

Drowning out the imps glee is a low grating voice hidden in the darkness surrounding the portcullis that leads away from this cavern deeper into the catacombs of Zacatecus. One word, followed by an unspleasent smell that seeps into the heroes armor, ” Sleep...” The Smell causes Ndreare, Karl, and the daughter of Del Rio feel a compelling urge to lay down their arms and sleep[ Sprit roll at -4 or fall asleep, Unless specified Karl, and Del Rio have d6 spirits. Enviromental armor gives a +1 to the roll, additional -1 if not environmental].

Audrey’s Tale
One of the nights the group had been travelling you find yourself sitting arround a camp fire. The road had been filled with vampires and the rangers traveling with the heroes seem worn out. Audry the technowizard who leads Pen’s rangers sits down across the fire with a wooden mug of something brown and hot in hand. She seems to have that motherly look in her eyes, wizened yet full of beauty. The camp has an eerie silence about it, and she breaks it with her own tale of why she is here with you, ” Looking at me you would think I would have a shop in Stormspire... And of course I do. Audatious!” She chuckles inwardly, ” Umong many things, chief is my three sons bring me out into these vampire infested lands. I was born and raised north of here on the edge of trouble. Been to stormspire for a spell. Had three sons, and everything keeps drawing me back here. My sons were precious things, strong willed. Fought in the war, and it robbed them of their good looks. A few months back they fell in with the rangers, telling me they found their calling. Reid was having a 3 for 1 sale on juicer conversions and as soon as I knew it my three sons had lives that would be short but meaningful.” Interestingly she did not look of sadness but instead proud that her boys would choose to defend humanity in a blaze of glory.
GM scratch
1-Total Disaster
1-Total Disaster
2-SAFU
3-major issue
4- interference
5- bit of luck
6- jackpot
Go dice roll: 1d6 = 2: 2
3d10 = 16: 4, 6, 6 wild vampires
1d4 = 3: 3 muderwraiths
1 master vampire wild card
Sunlight damage: 2d10 = 10: 8, 2
Shooting Pen 1d10-2 = 7: 9 1d10-2 = 4: 6 benny for EF 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage: 3d10 = 12: 2, 9, 1 raise 1d6 = 2: 2 burn die 2/4 1d10 = 2: 2
Shooting karl 1d10-2 = 0: 2

Shooting Ndreare 1d10-2 = 7: 9 1d10-2 = 4: 6 benny for EF 1d6 = 1: 1 burn die 1/4= 1d10 = 9: 9
Damage: 3d10 = 13: 1, 6, 6 raise 1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Shooting Rod 1d10-2 = 0: 2

Shooting Hans 1d10-2 = 1: 3 1d10-2 = -1: 1
Shooting ashlyn 1d10-2 = 5: 7

Psionics, 1d10+2 = 3: 1 wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5 1 WC benny EF 1d6+2 = 4: 2

Heroes who need to do something!
Pen, Ndreare, Karl, Daughter of Del Rio need to make Sprit -4 rolls or fall asleep. Unless specified Karl, and Del Rio have d6 spirits. Enviromental armor gives a +1 to the roll, additional -1 if not environmental

Round 2 has now started! Heroes go first. The actions of Pen, and Ndreare are treated as if having a joker.

Bad guy stats and locations
Wild Vampires x16=Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 9
Juicer Vampiresx3= -2 hit, -2 hit from range from cover, Pace: 22; Parry: 8; Toughness: 19 (6)
Attachments
E22EBB4D-2E33-42F7-BEF8-F4A34DD6AF2F.jpeg
E22EBB4D-2E33-42F7-BEF8-F4A34DD6AF2F.jpeg (75.8 KiB) Viewed 24266 times
F98BE410-6512-48AF-B23E-9A8D03C2CD16.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent resists Sleep, DoDR and Karl fail
Penitent
Spirit [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:0[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Ace! [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:4[/dice:2ax8vyof]
Wild [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:1[/dice:2ax8vyof]

Karl [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:2[/dice:2ax8vyof]

DoDR [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:3[/dice:2ax8vyof]
Attack Rolls
Modifiers: Have Joker bonus this round for +2 to rolls and damage; quickness with a Raise and exalted-smite (sunlight) for +4 damage; an extra -2 to the Fighting rolls from Frenzy. Pen also has +1 to hit with the chainsword, +2 damage from Champion and +4 damage from Chainsaw of Good.

Round 1: Activate swift flight (speed x8 version, 11 PPE) from tattoo (which has 20 PPE reservoir), fiery wings trapping gives +2 Intimidate, +1 die Spirit on a raise), then fly up and attack the juicer vamps twice with chainsword (Frenzy) and once with Durendal (2Fisted/Ambi); -2 MAP
Round 2: Attack the juicer vamps twice with chainsword (Frenzy) and once with Durendal (2Fisted/Ambi);

Round 1
Casting swift flight
Faith [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:5[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Ace! [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:13[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Success with a Raise, flying at Pace 64 and -2 to be hit
Wild [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:6[/dice:2ax8vyof]

Chainsword #1
Fighting [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:7[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Hit (including the -2 to hit the juicers)
Wild [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:8[/dice:2ax8vyof]
Damage [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:16[/dice:2ax8vyof]+[dice:2ax8vyof]49874:17[/dice:2ax8vyof]+12 = Ace! [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:21[/dice:2ax8vyof] = 32 damage, AP 4 = 4 Wounds

Chainsword #2
Fighting [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:9[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Miss
Wild [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:10[/dice:2ax8vyof]

Durendal
Fighting [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:11[/dice:2ax8vyof]
Wild [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:12[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Ace! [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:14[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Ace! [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:15[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Hit with a Raise(including the -2 to hit the juicers)
Damage [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:18[/dice:2ax8vyof]+[dice:2ax8vyof]49874:19[/dice:2ax8vyof]+[dice:2ax8vyof]49874:20[/dice:2ax8vyof]+12 = 26 damage, AP 4 = 2 Wounds

Round 2 (No MAP)
Chainsword #1
Fighting [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:22[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Hit with a Raise
Wild [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:23[/dice:2ax8vyof]
Damage [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:28[/dice:2ax8vyof]+[dice:2ax8vyof]49874:29[/dice:2ax8vyof]+[dice:2ax8vyof]49874:30[/dice:2ax8vyof]+12 = 18 damage, AP 4 = Shaken

Chainsword #2
Fighting [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:24[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Hit
Wild [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:25[/dice:2ax8vyof]
Damage [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:31[/dice:2ax8vyof]+[dice:2ax8vyof]49874:32[/dice:2ax8vyof]+12 = 34 damage, AP 4 = 4 Wounds

Durendel
Fighting [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:26[/dice:2ax8vyof] = Hit
Wild [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:27[/dice:2ax8vyof]
Damage [dice:2ax8vyof]49874:33[/dice:2ax8vyof]+[dice:2ax8vyof]49874:34[/dice:2ax8vyof]+12 = 30 damage, AP 4 = 3 Wounds
Karl and Thana collapse, knocked unconscious by the foul, sleep-inducing air, but the apok is unaffected.

The memory of Audrey's fireside story rises in Penitent's mind when he spots the trio of juicer vampires. He has no doubt they are his lover's sons, twisted and transformed in death into the very thing they had signed up to fight. There is no greater kindness he can do for them and their mother than to put them down ... but he wonders if she will ever forgive him if he does.

As if I had a choice, the apok thinks, calling on the power of the angelic tattoo on his back.

Ashriel, the Burning Word, carry me aloft so I may bring peace to these damned souls, Penitent prays, silently, as blazing wings of fire erupt from his back and launch him skyward in a cloud of consecrated ash.

His swords blazing with the light of the sun, he charges among the vampiric juicers, slashing and stabbing. They are fast, but he is faster, his blows landing with the certainty of his faith, and the finality of a mother's love.

"Be at peace, boys, and know you will be remembered," he says, as he strikes down each one in turn, his heart heavier than when his own wife breathed her last beneath his blade.

(Penitent scores five hits, with the following results: 4 Wounds; 2 Wounds; Shaken; 4 Wounds; 3 Wounds)
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Exalted Dispel 10 LBT; -2 if different arcane source than Mysticism. Opposed arcane roll.
Mysticism [dice:2i3r6d9p]49886:0[/dice:2i3r6d9p]
Wild [dice:2i3r6d9p]49886:1[/dice:2i3r6d9p]
Benny for Extra Effort [dice:2i3r6d9p]49886:2[/dice:2i3r6d9p]
Greater Boost Fighting 8 Raise; Ndreare gets +2 DT Fighting and Blazing Glory: gains the effect of the [i
damage field[/i] power that causes 2d4 damage and counts as holy against creatures of supernatural evil.]
Mysticism [dice:2i3r6d9p]49886:3[/dice:2i3r6d9p]
Wild [dice:2i3r6d9p]49886:4[/dice:2i3r6d9p]
Light Blade 0; Miss
-2 juicer, -2 cover
Psionics [dice:2i3r6d9p]49886:5[/dice:2i3r6d9p]
Wild [dice:2i3r6d9p]49886:6[/dice:2i3r6d9p]
Sunlight Damage 6 SBT
+2 Champion[dice:2i3r6d9p]49886:7[/dice:2i3r6d9p]
Night
Round 2

Ashlyn saw the vampire juicers coming along the ceiling. Well, that wasn’t a normal vampire power. There must be some magic at play. She drew her Wand of Dispel and aimed it at the vampires on the ceiling, activating its magic to turn off their magic.

Ashlyn then focused her attention on Ndreare. She aimed her prayer at the fighting knight and boosted his combat ability.

Finally Ashlyn sent her light blade slashing among the juicer vampires, but that was less than effective.
Turn
Exalted Quickness (2 turns, ignore -2 MAP)
Action 1: Draw Wand of Dispel
Action 2: Cast Exalted Dispel LBT
Action 3: Cast Boost Trait (Fighting) on Ndreare
Action 4: Attack with TK/Light blade.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Turn 1
Drop his Quantum Accelerator back to the clip holding it on his harness, make a Harmonic Resonance Disruptor (Dispel Gadget), fly over to see into the tunnel the latest Vampires came out of, and use this new Harmonic Resonance Disruptor (Greater Dispel) centered so as to have the near end fully cover the Wall of Darkness with as little as possible on this side.
  • Create the Harmonic Resonance Disruptor (Dispel Gadget) (+2 due Machine Maestro)
    • TW: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:0[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Wild: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:1[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Result: 9 - Success with Raise. Dispel Gadget with 25 PPE
    Requested Agility Roll for when in front of Wall of Darkness
    • Agility: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:2[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      • Ace: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:4[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Wild: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:3[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Result: 12 - Success or 12 on Opposed Roll. I am assuming this is enough so I will continue.
    Greater Dispel (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due assuming the source is not Weird Science)
    • TW: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:5[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Wild: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:6[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      • Extra Effort: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:7[/dice:qisvzlfv]
        • Ace: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:8[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Result: 18 on Opposed Roll. 6 PPE.
Knowledge Arcana 7
Knowledge Arcana (+2 due Scholar, -6 due Difficulty)
  • Knowledge: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:15[/dice:qisvzlfv]
    Wild: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:16[/dice:qisvzlfv]
    • Ace: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:19[/dice:qisvzlfv]
    Result: 7 - Success. Hans knows it is the legendary Spell Eternal Night.
Turn 2
Drain Power Points on Master Vampire (From Band of Power), pretend to throw the Light Pebble at the Master Vampire (Smarts Trick), Activate his armor's Structural Integrity (Greater Armor - Free Action), and fly away from the entrance to the tunnel and upwards so any Vampires would have to jump at him in order to attack.
  • Drain Power Points (+2 due Machine Maestro, but -2 due it not being a Weird Scientist)
    • TW: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:9[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Wild: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:10[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Result: 8 - Success with Raise. Master Vampire loses [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:17[/dice:qisvzlfv] ISP. 3 PPE.
    Smarts Trick
    • Smarts: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:11[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Wild: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:12[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      • Ace: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:18[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Result: 13 on Opposed Roll
    Greater Armor (+2 due Machine Maestro)
    • TW: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:13[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Wild: [dice:qisvzlfv]49969:14[/dice:qisvzlfv]
      Result: 4 - Success. +5 MDC Armor. 6 PPE.
Knowing he had to prioritize what was in his hands, Hans dropped his Quantum Accelerator and let it drop to his vest as he flew down to near the tunnel entrance before quickly putting together and using a Harmonic Resonance Disruptor on the Magical Darkness at the entrance to the tunnel. An area of the Magical Darkness allowed the light from the pebble in his hand to shine in... and he saw what had to be a Vampire Master sneering at him wearing what can only be described as a super suit of power armor. Its like it is etherial, made of the plane of darkness, clinging of the side of the wall near the rocky portcullis... Oh and its even hard to make it out like he has some sort of shadowy power to make himself disappear at will.

Just Great. A Master Vampire all decked out in Super High-Tech Power Armor. I WISH he had just gone Techno-Wizard Armor so my Harmonic Resonance Disruptor could at least affect it. I HOPE I can get my hands on the Armor after it is taken down. If I can't put it to use myself, I KNOW I can sell it for a VERY Pretty penny...

"Guys, a Master Vampire in a SUPER suit of Power Armor is down the Tunnel...I am thinking Penitent, you would be our best chance against it... and I can go behind you and use my Minor Hydro-Kinetic Encapsulator on some of your weapons to help you strike harder. Also, either it or XY has used the LEGENDARY Spell Eternal Night on the Tunnel. As we progress, I can clear out small sections with this Harmonic Resonance Disruptor, but depending on the size covered, we may be in total darkness for some of the trip no matter how much sunlight we bring in with us."

Hans then raises his Mithril Band of Power and diffuses some of the Master Vampire's Psionic energy before making as if to throw his Pebble of Sunlight at the Vampire... then flying back into the safest spot he can think of in the middle of the chamber everyone else is in and activating his armor's Structural Integrity Field.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Spirit 9 success.
Ndreare Spirit d10+4, Penalty -4 = d10
Spirit [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:0[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:1[/dice:1iotdsbw]
First Strikes = 4 incredibly dead vampires
Fighting d12, Boost +4 total d12+4

Fighting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:2[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:3[/dice:1iotdsbw] Ace [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:10[/dice:1iotdsbw]
  • Damage w/Raise Str+d6+8 AP 12 + Smite (8) + Raise (1d6)
    [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:12[/dice:1iotdsbw] + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:13[/dice:1iotdsbw] + 16
    42 + Ace [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:20[/dice:1iotdsbw] + Double Ace [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:21[/dice:1iotdsbw]
    57 AP 12 total

Fighting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:4[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:5[/dice:1iotdsbw] Ace [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:11[/dice:1iotdsbw]
    [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:14[/dice:1iotdsbw] + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:15[/dice:1iotdsbw] + 16
    27 AP12 total

Fighting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:6[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:7[/dice:1iotdsbw]
    [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:16[/dice:1iotdsbw] + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:17[/dice:1iotdsbw] + 16
    31 + Ace [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:22[/dice:1iotdsbw]
    32 AP 12 total

Fighting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:8[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:9[/dice:1iotdsbw]
    [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:18[/dice:1iotdsbw] + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:19[/dice:1iotdsbw] + 16
    30 AP 12 total

Seeing the vampire Juicer's climbing up the walls Ndreare knows they represent a threat he cannot tackle at the moment. First he needs to kill the vampires around him, then seeing that Pen was already in the process of killing the Juicer vampires he begins eliminating the remaining vampires around him.

Turn 01.1 = 3 really, really dead vampires, Penitent gains +4 fighting
No MAP for Exalted Quickness
Honor Blade Fighting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:23[/dice:1iotdsbw]
  • Damage [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:37[/dice:1iotdsbw]+8+8 + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:38[/dice:1iotdsbw] AP 12
Honor Blade Fighting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:24[/dice:1iotdsbw]
  • Damage [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:39[/dice:1iotdsbw]+8+8 + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:40[/dice:1iotdsbw] AP 12

Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:25[/dice:1iotdsbw]

Knight's Kiss Fighting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:26[/dice:1iotdsbw]
  • Damage [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:41[/dice:1iotdsbw]+8 + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:42[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:27[/dice:1iotdsbw]

Greater Boost Fighting on Pertinent (No PPE cost)
Spellcasting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:28[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:29[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Turn 01.2 = 3 really, really dead vampires, Penitent gains +4 fighting
No MAP for Exalted Quickness
Honor Blade Fighting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:30[/dice:1iotdsbw]
  • Damage [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:43[/dice:1iotdsbw]+8+8 + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:44[/dice:1iotdsbw] AP 12
Honor Blade Fighting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:31[/dice:1iotdsbw]
  • Damage [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:45[/dice:1iotdsbw]+8+8 + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:46[/dice:1iotdsbw] AP 12
Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:32[/dice:1iotdsbw]

Knight's Kiss Fighting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:33[/dice:1iotdsbw]
  • Damage [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:47[/dice:1iotdsbw]+8 + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:48[/dice:1iotdsbw] + [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:49[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:34[/dice:1iotdsbw]

Greater Boost Fighting on Pertinent (no cost)
Spellcasting [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:35[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Wild [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:36[/dice:1iotdsbw] Ace [dice:1iotdsbw]50062:50[/dice:1iotdsbw]
Edit: I totally forgot the +2 from joker on this one. So they way more than dead vampires are now way, way more than dead.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The dust settles and vampires burn out. A haunting laugh echoes from the large passage way that continues the groups journey. Ashlyn's dog Blanca jumps down off the ledge landing softly on the ground and nuzzles the Daughter of Del Rio and Karl away. Yip, Yip.

Rod hovers over head analyzing the weapons littered on the ground, " Master... It seems like their are 44 vibro blades, 10 chain swords, 9 frag grenades, and 3 JA-9 variable assault rifles." Rod pauses hovering near the portcullis that leads further in. " Master, my sensors still cannot penetrate beyond what the dwarve has dispelled. Some kind of field is opposing us."

Karl yawns looking dreamily at Ash and winks at her sad and happy to be awake. " Good dream... Haha, Nice papa did you kill them all yourself?" Suddenly his phone beeps and he glances at it frowning, "Damn... I hate group chats." He shrugs and puts the phone away looking through the gear.

The daughter of Del Rio picks up a vibro sword looking at its marking on the handle. " Coalition it would seem..." She goes through a few more, " Coalition... Coalition... Why the frack are all these coalition. We are pretty far south from the CS."
KN politics TN 6
it is not exactly CS make, a couple tiny details on the emblem are just off.
Ash's dog yips at the way forward. The area immediately near the portcullis allows for light to flood it. But as the group progresses forward an ensuing darkness envelopes them that light itself will not pierce. IT would seem only Han's exalted dispel had any effect carving out a bubble free from the eternal night! With the journey only 1/6 complete will the heroes continue forward in utter darkness or will they exhaust their precious PPE in efforts to remain in the light. Perhaps they will just turn back and leave the confessor, Han's sister, and the few thousand rangers to their horrid fate.

The haunting laugh echoes through the cavern taunting the heroes and their decision. There is no sign of the vampire clad in super armor that Hans thought he saw.
kn Magic TN 10
The power being used is one that was thought to have been lost in the fall of Tolkien. Legends say in the vault's of where their most prized possession was a black pearl made of solid darkness fixed to a chain made of dark iron. Inscribed on the chain were the words of a powerful spell that would normally take a nexus or a few hundred souls to cast. It was thought by the high counsel of Tolkien and dragons of Freehold that the spell was capable of trapping the world in an eternal darkness the likes that light or even powerful globes crafted by mystics could not penetrate
What is next? The next passage forward is a long tunnel with no immediate end in sight. It feels like a combination of disjointed rock and man made columns. Its stability could be called into question. Night vision and low light vision is next to useless. Notice checks to pierce the thick nearly tangible darkness are made at -6, please roll them and note if you have danger sense ( I'll use the one notice roll for any surprises). Exalted dispel will remove an area of darkness of its stated burst template.

Time past 1 min.
please keep track of ppts.
Something like this but completely dark
Something like this but completely dark
Corridor.jpg (29.3 KiB) Viewed 23964 times
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

K. Politics 4
K. Politics [dice:sok7wf0f]50306:0[/dice:sok7wf0f]
Ace [dice:sok7wf0f]50306:2[/dice:sok7wf0f]
Wild [dice:sok7wf0f]50306:1[/dice:sok7wf0f]
K. Arcana 9
K. Arcana [dice:sok7wf0f]50306:3[/dice:sok7wf0f]
Wild [dice:sok7wf0f]50306:4[/dice:sok7wf0f]
Ace [dice:sok7wf0f]50306:5[/dice:sok7wf0f]
Notice 1 (Danger Sense -1)
-6 difficulty
Notice [dice:sok7wf0f]50306:6[/dice:sok7wf0f]
Wild [dice:sok7wf0f]50306:7[/dice:sok7wf0f]
Night
Round 0

As the vampires evaporated, Ashlyn let her protections drop and followed Blanca down to the cavern floor as they went through the equipment left behind by the vampires. It all seemed to be Coalition gear.

They advanced into the odd, impenetrable darkness. “I can’t see a thing,” Ashlyn whispered, holding Blanca tightly to her chest. She moved her foot carefully along the stone floor, feeling with one hand on a wall, supremely conscious of the fact that they could just pitch forward into a pit in this pitch darkness.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

OOC Comments
Knowledge arcana [dice:1olz7anc]50318:0[/dice:1olz7anc]
Wild [dice:1olz7anc]50318:1[/dice:1olz7anc]
Ndreare sees the darkness growing so thick, the magic to powerful to be overcome by Hans's dispels. "Hans, do you think you could rig up something that would let us perceive through this darkness? I could do a spell, but it is not something I have mastered and I think I could only get it off once."

"It looks like whoever this is pretending to be Xy has the Pearl of Night. If he is able to use its full power it will cover the whole planet in darkness. This world will need to be abandoned to the vampires if that happens."

Seeing Hans agree to the effort Ndreare summons up his power and magnifies Hans skills, letting him glimpse into other potential lives he could have lived on the other side of the darkness.

Hans gains +4 Technowizardry
Exalted Boost Trait 4 PPE -3 = 1 PPE remaining 27 PPE
Spellcasting [dice:1olz7anc]50318:2[/dice:1olz7anc]
Wild die [dice:1olz7anc]50318:3[/dice:1olz7anc]
Rodney gathers a few of the grenade in case they are needed later. While cloaking was his primary order, there is no reason he could not do something else if revealed or discovered. That last battle was risky and he was certain one of the vampires tried to attack him. Good thing it missed before being destroyed by the others. Ndreare always forgot how important what he did was.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Rolls
Creation of a Harmonic Resonance Imager (Darksight Gadget)d12-> d12+4 (Ndreare's Boost Trait)… +2 for Machine Maestro
  • TW: [dice:38tauzcl]50421:1[/dice:38tauzcl]+2
    Wild: [dice:38tauzcl]50421:0[/dice:38tauzcl]+2
    Result: 13 - Success with Raise(s). Darksight Gadget with 25 PPE
Use of Harmonic Resonance Imager on (Exalted Darksight) d12-> d12+4 on Ndreare, Hans, Penitent, Ashlyn, and Karl... +2 for Machine Maestro
  • TW: [dice:38tauzcl]50421:2[/dice:38tauzcl]+2
    Wild: [dice:38tauzcl]50421:3[/dice:38tauzcl]+2
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise. 6 PPE plus 1 per hour
    • Exalted Darksight makes it virtually impossible to impair the target’s vision in any way. Blind does not work on him, nor does any form of obscure or other lighting penalties. He can also see anyone using the invisibility power.
With a nod to Ndreare after his help, Hans quickly puts together a Harmonic Resonance Imager (Darkness Gadget) and uses it on Ndreare, Penitent, Ashlyn, Karl, and himself.

"This will allow the five of us to see through the magical darkness. I can keep it going for most of the day. Lets go... we need to rescue my sister and the others... and put these vampires down."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent glances at the weapons left behind by the vampires, but sees not reason to replace his own blood-steeped blades. Allowing the fiery wings on his back to fall away to ash, he peers into the darkness ahead, then snorts.

"Always falling back into darkness, evil does. Weighed down by the knowledge that their weakness persists despite the horrors they inflict. They know we will pursue, and seek the shadows to hide their fear."

He raises an eyebrow behind his mask when Karl pulls out his celestial communicator, but says nothing. The doings of gods were apt to intrude on the sorry lives of mortals, but there was little use in seek out the interference.

The apok nods in accord when N'dreare suggests the dwarf use his engineer's magic to allow them to see through the artifact's gloom.

"If this artifact is as dangerous as you say, we must seek out the bearer and put an end to his plans. I will lead the way into the passage. Karl, Thana, follow behind, and mind the shadows, lest they conceal some side passage the demons will use to ambush us."

Notice 14, Sixth Sense vs. supernatural evil/creatures of magic
Note: Total does not include the -6 penalty, assuming the exalted darksight takes care of that.

Notice [dice:1ck0rjvu]50472:0[/dice:1ck0rjvu]
Wild [dice:1ck0rjvu]50472:1[/dice:1ck0rjvu]
Benny used for Extra Effort + Elan [dice:1ck0rjvu]50472:2[/dice:1ck0rjvu] = Ace! [dice:1ck0rjvu]50472:3[/dice:1ck0rjvu]
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Eternal Night in the Ruins of Zacatecus Time elapsed since last combat: 30 minutes.
+1 Benny for being the heroes!

Its a long march through the ruins. As each hero steps through the portal into the eternal night that beckons they think they hear a laugh low and rumbling. That follows an impending sense of dread.

The couple of rangers that ashlyn had rescued seem to be curious and interested in the dwarve Hans. Him being a technowizard simply facinates them and one of them asks him, ” Can you technowiz our gear? We aren’t heroes like them... But we see what they can do with their gear, it would be amazing. We can pay too.”

Cutting through the prattle of the smitten rangers Rod pips up in the darkness. Its mechanical voice errie to those that cannot see, ” My sensors still cannot penetrate the darkness. If my intial scans are still accurate given their numbers and the terrain there should be 24 legs to our decent...” It sounded like he could be joking about the length.

Karl laughs softly with a bit of nervous energy, ” Yeah, I bet each leg gets harder and harder huh? Thanks for the darksight Hansy, don’t want to miss a text.”

The daughter of Del Rio seethes whispering her hatred of the darkness swirling arround her, ” Blast this is worst than the sewers. We’ll be surrounded in seconds.”

Ashlyn’s dog Blanca growls as the group decends forth coming to a passage which those with darkvision can tell the vampires are decending upon you from all sides. The passage contains a brillant rock whose pink light is dimished to nothingness but those with the power of darksight activated can see its brilliance.

Rod translates for the dog, ” We are surrounded, they are coming.” There is a moment in which the heroes with darkvision can see the vampires coming and in that split second they can ready themselves for the onslaught. Almost 20 in total, but damn if about 8 of them look like the ancient or secondary veriety.
OOC Comments
[dice:1iu4r9tt]50481:1[/dice:1iu4r9tt] with [dice:1iu4r9tt]50481:2[/dice:1iu4r9tt] of them wild cards
[dice:1iu4r9tt]50481:0[/dice:1iu4r9tt]= disaster

No surprise you can see them coming with the darksight. You got an action worth of time to get ready.
If you have not activated or paid the ppts to activate TW items, now is the time to pay the piper.
Please keep track of your ppts spent.
Please keep track of wounds.
PPTs will reset once you get back to the surface.
Feel free to roll a notice check for any of your allied extras ( Ashlyn, I was thinking since you got the dog Blanca maybe the couple of rangers can become Hans’ extras.). Unless noted extras have a d6 notice. This notice would be made at a -6. Blanca gets a +2 from alterness.

Also feel free to RP. Is anyone actually curious as to whom Karl is texting? what is going on with that dog?
Attachments
0B157BC8-E0AE-49E9-A536-60099DB9699B.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Blanca Notice -2
-6 pitch darkness, +2 Alertness
[dice:3v62r3n8]50531:0[/dice:3v62r3n8]
Mysticism 5
+2 Inspiration
Mysticism [dice:3v62r3n8]50531:1[/dice:3v62r3n8]
Wild [dice:3v62r3n8]50531:2[/dice:3v62r3n8]
Dropping an Adventure Card
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
Night
Round 0

At least Ashlyn could see, thanks to Hans. The darkness reminded her of that night hiding beneath the floor of her home as her parents’ hot blood dripped onto her through the cracks in the floorboards. She reached down to scratch Blanca behind the ears. Something was different about the dog, but they didn’t really have time to stop and examine what that might be.

Blanca growled and Ashlyn looked around to see vampires scuttling in all around them, twenty of them, a third of them of the stronger variety.

“Heads up, amigos,Ashlyn warned. “We are surrounded.” She backed up to form a defensive circle with the others even as she started to cast a defensive spell from her shield again.
OOC Comments
I am going to assume Hans didn’t maintain Exalted Quickness this entire time. If he has, I will roll extra actions later.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Rolls and PPE used
TW armor (1 PPE/hour) is still activated from earlier, and has a 5 PPE reservoir of its own (4/5 left)
Durendal takes 1 PPE to activate
Will cast Greater Smite (sunlight, plus holy + silver) on both his own blades, plus DoDR's and Karl's. (7 PPE)
Karl activates the full power of his BFB, using his last 5 PPE.

Casting Greater Smite
Faith [dice:2aksxgkn]50699:0[/dice:2aksxgkn] = Success with a Raise
Wild [dice:2aksxgkn]50699:1[/dice:2aksxgkn]

Penitent's weapons and armor are all active.

Karl's BFB is active, giving him +2 Fighting, Imp. Frenzy and +4 Armor

Penitent, Karl and the Daughter of Del Rio's attacks all gain +8 damage and count as holy/silver/sunlight

Also, Notice rolls for Karl and DoDR:
Karl (who got Hans' darksight) [dice:2aksxgkn]50699:2[/dice:2aksxgkn]
DoDR (who didn't) [dice:2aksxgkn]50699:3[/dice:2aksxgkn]
Daughter of Del Rio wrote:”Blast this is worse than the sewers. We’ll be surrounded in seconds.”
"At least we need not waste our power tracking the cowards through the gloom. Prey that believes itself the hunter is the best kind," Penitent says in an attempt to reassure her as she stares blindly into the shadows.

When he sees Karl playing around with his celestial cell phone, he admonishes the imp.

"There is serious business at hand, boy -- best have your blade out instead of that infernal machine. Who are you communicating with, anyway?"

When Rod and the Sinful Sister's yippy dog sound the alarm, Penitent readies his own blades for the approaching horde of earth-demons. He channels power into Durendal, then utters a short prayer that sheathes his swords, and the weapons of Karl and the Daughter of Del Rio, in burning sunlight.

Karl, for all his inane chatter, prepares himself, as well, activating the furious power of his own enchanted blade.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Oh boy do we have a lot of rolls, 7 Extra Initiative Cards
Tactics [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:0[/dice:z6iwq88n] Ace [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:4[/dice:z6iwq88n]
Wild Die [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:1[/dice:z6iwq88n]

Three Spells = -10 PPE taken from Night's Kiss
Exalted Boost Spellcasting d12+5 -4 = d12+1. 2 PPE spent
Spellcasting [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:2[/dice:z6iwq88n]
Wild Die [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:3[/dice:z6iwq88n]

Exalted Quickness d12+5 - 4 MAP, +4 Boost = d12+5. 4 PPE spent
Spellcasting [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:5[/dice:z6iwq88n]
Wild Die [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:6[/dice:z6iwq88n]

Exalted Warriors Gift d12+5 - 2 MAP, +4 Boost = d12+7. 4 PPE Spent
Spellcasting [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:7[/dice:z6iwq88n]
Wild Die [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:8[/dice:z6iwq88n] Ace [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:9[/dice:z6iwq88n]

3 More Spells TURN 0.5 -10 PPE Taken from Amulet reduced 28 PPE to 18 PPE)
Greater Smite Silver on Blades, and Rod's Gun
d12+5 - 2 MAP, +4 Boost = d12+7. 4 PPE -3 = -9 PPE
Spellcasting [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:10[/dice:z6iwq88n]
Wild [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:11[/dice:z6iwq88n]

Greater Deflection Deflection 4 PPE -3 = -1 PPE
d12+5 - 2 MAP, +4 Boost = d12+7. 4 PPE -X =
Spellcasting [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:12[/dice:z6iwq88n]
Wild [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:13[/dice:z6iwq88n]

Greater Boost Fighting
d12+5 - 2 MAP, +4 Boost = d12+7. 4 PPE -4 = 0 PPE
Spellcasting [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:14[/dice:z6iwq88n]
Wild [dice:z6iwq88n]50704:15[/dice:z6iwq88n]

Ndreare looks at the Vampires preparing their assault and shakes his head as he assesses them. "Rod, I think we will need you to go on offence this time." No time for apologies the Drone was more than capable of assessing the threats himself.

"Yes Master of course. I knew you would need me to save your bacon. I will stay invisible as long as possible and fire when I see an opening." The drone retorted. Sometimes it was amazing the elf was able to do anything without him. turning invisible after receiving the spell from Ndreare Rod flies up distancing himself from as much as possible.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 pm The couple of rangers that ashlyn had rescued seem to be curious and interested in the dwarve Hans. Him being a technowizard simply facinates them and one of them asks him, ” Can you technowiz our gear? We aren’t heroes like them... But we see what they can do with their gear, it would be amazing. We can pay too.”
"As much as I would like to take your credits, unless you have certain gifts, you cannot use Technowizard items. Also, it would take most of a day per item just to convert them, and I am currently out of parts for making anything permanent."
Due to the 30 minutes
Due to the 30 minutes, Hans gains 3x6 PPE (Both rings and Exceptional Rapid Recharge) but spends 4 PPE due his Armor. Hans would be having his Harmonic Resonance Imager out in his main hand.
Wandering through the darkness, Hans can only wonder if he will find his sister alive, or will she have been turned into a mindless creature and be forced to put her out of her misery...

When he spots the Vampires, Hans gets out his Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Weapon Infuser and uses both it and the Harmonic Resonance Imager on as many as he can before activating his Structural Integrity Field.
Rolls
Drawing his Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Weapon Infuser, using it and his Harmonic Resonance Imager on the Rangers and daughter of Del Rio, and using his Structural Integrity Field from his Armor (Free Action)
  • Using the Trans-Dimensional Hydro-Kinetic Weapon Infuser (Greater Smite - Water) (-4 due MaP, +2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due Off-Hand... so -4)
    • TW: [dice:1z2no3vs]50729:0[/dice:1z2no3vs]-2
      • Ace: [dice:1z2no3vs]50729:2[/dice:1z2no3vs]-2
      Wild: [dice:1z2no3vs]50729:1[/dice:1z2no3vs]-2
      • Ace: [dice:1z2no3vs]50729:3[/dice:1z2no3vs]-2
      Result: 15 - Success with Raise(s). +8 Water Damage to the Rangers and the Daughter of Del Rio's main weapons. Assuming there are 4 he can target, 7 PPE.
    Using the Harmonic Resonance Imager (Exalted Darksight) (-4 due MaP, +2 due Machine Maestro... so -2)
    • TW: [dice:1z2no3vs]50729:4[/dice:1z2no3vs]
      Wild: [dice:1z2no3vs]50729:5[/dice:1z2no3vs]
      Result: 6 - Success. 5 PPE plus 1 per hour, assuming there are 4 he can target.
      • Exalted Darksight makes it virtually impossible to impair the target’s vision in any way. Blind does not work on him, nor does any form of obscure or other lighting penalties. He can also see anyone using the invisibility power.
    Structural Integrity Field (Greater Armor) (-4 due MaP, +2 due Machine Maestro... so -2)
    • TW: [dice:1z2no3vs]50729:6[/dice:1z2no3vs]
      Wild: [dice:1z2no3vs]50729:7[/dice:1z2no3vs]
      • Bennie Re-Roll: TW: [dice:1z2no3vs]50729:8[/dice:1z2no3vs] (+2 due Elan)
        Wild: [dice:1z2no3vs]50729:9[/dice:1z2no3vs] (+2 due Elan)
      Result: 6 - Success. +5 MDC Armor. 6 PPE.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

+1 bennie for Rob’s joker
Please roll 1d56 to represent 4 jokers, this means I will not waste time with rerolls on duplicates or reshuffling.
Cards act in order, Quick allows reroll on 1 through 20, Raise on Quickness allows reroll on 1 through 28. Every Card divisible by 4, except the Joker 56, is considered a club. 56,55,54,53 are jokers.

I will roll Ndreare’s Kn battle 7 cards! [dice:2va7qkgd]50758:0[/dice:2va7qkgd]

Badguys: [dice:2va7qkgd]50758:1[/dice:2va7qkgd]
Wild Vampires x12=Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 9
Secondary Vampires: Wild Vampires x 8: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 14(4), hardy, WC
The vampires seem unabated by the heroes preperations and rush through the darkness coming from all sides. 12 seem to be wild and throw themselves towards the heroes. The 8 ones identifiable as secondary vampires with a kn survival or arcan check seem to hangback a bit letting the wild ones take the brunt of the first blows. One thing of interesting note is that several of the vampires are armed with seemingly coalition make and modle vibro weapons.
Pen
Pen [dice:2va7qkgd]50758:2[/dice:2va7qkgd], Karl puts his cell phone away in style into a nifty demonic looking black leather holder. He holds up a scragly finger and giggles when asked about whom he is texting. He slaps the daughter of Delrio on the ass and chortles, ” Lets get to work baby. Apok! Style!!” Perhaps to penitants surprise or perhaps twisted mirth he notices Karl’s blade glow with the same celestial silver arua as his own. Welcome to the jackpot! Karl has taken the first step towards being an apok like daddy and has gained the champion edge and like his papa his attacks are treated as having celestial silver!!
Ashlyn
Ashlyn [dice:2va7qkgd]50758:3[/dice:2va7qkgd], it is time to leash this dog! Blanca seeing the vampires rushes into their midst yipping loudly and bitting their heals with recklass abandon litterlly pulling vampires to the ground when it counts! While the white dog is giving Ashlyn and her allies the bonus of a +1 teamwork she is also giving allies the chance to hit the dog via friendly fire or area attacks! Interference: Area attacks or friendly fire circumstances need to Roll a d4 odd, the dog is in the area (Ash can treat the dog as a WC and having a d8 in all attributes exept str which is a d12+4)
Ndreare
Ndreare [dice:2va7qkgd]50758:4[/dice:2va7qkgd], Rod springs to action going into his hovering battle mode! His aerial assult mode seems to be particularly effective against the vampires. Yet still he cannot help but to inform his master via text of some internal ramblings, Master, it occured to me... If we keep going this way will we not exaughst ourselves?”. Ramblings or ill placed thoughts aside the droid uses his tactical advantage to the best of his ability: Bonus: +2 to shooting rolls this round.
Hans
Hans [dice:2va7qkgd]50758:5[/dice:2va7qkgd], Before the battle The three rangers look at Hans chuckling. It was ok that the dwarve did not know how skilled they were. ”Sir, we are the rangers of these lands. Born to hunt vampires.” Even in the darkness especially with darksight Hans can see the three rangers each hold out a palm that crackles softly with red fire energy. We three were born in Chi-town... Hunted for our psychic abilities. We might not have creds, but if we get them we will pay for some sweet gear.”. Once the battle starts, Hans feels his darksight power fail momentarily and the rangers stumble briefly each running into each other and tumbling down. It was for just a moment, but Hans can see them immidiatly gain their senses. Hans can hear a dark laugh as some foe had done iwhat it needed to do.The Interference: Rangers start the battle prone, and shaken. They have a d6 spriit unless told otherwise. They probably have a d6 in combat and arcane skills.

Step 1: Roll your own initiative and act accordingly
Step 2: Open the OCC for your character to see some narative and little fun things. Everyone should open at least ashlyn’s as her dog can be hit by area attacks and friendly fire.
Step 3: tell us out it all happens

Gm note: Bad guys will post after every player posts.

GM edit , Rob put a gun to my head forcing me to declare exactly what the secondaries are up too. Ok cool, 2 distinct groups of 4. 1 is casting boost, 1 is casting puppet, 2 are casting slumber and just for kicks you can tell they are all mega version( currently they have no powers active, just natural abilities... there is a slight possibility these secondaries have abilities on top of wild ones normally encountered)
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

OOC Comments
Raise on Quickness reroll 28 or less
[dice:1dywojqs]50760:0[/dice:1dywojqs]
Striking to early can sacrifice an opportunity. Ndreare and Rodney wait and watch to see what is needed.
Mechanics
We will be going on hold to see what actions the GM declares. I think interrupting the baddies will be more beneficial than just striking first without knowing intent.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Initiative 50
[dice:2f5r92j1]50774:0[/dice:2f5r92j1]
K. Arcana 7
K. Arcana [dice:2f5r92j1]50774:1[/dice:2f5r92j1]
Ace [dice:2f5r92j1]50774:3[/dice:2f5r92j1]
Wild [dice:2f5r92j1]50774:2[/dice:2f5r92j1]
Holy Warrior 9
Spirit [dice:2f5r92j1]50774:4[/dice:2f5r92j1]
Wild [dice:2f5r92j1]50774:5[/dice:2f5r92j1]
Benny to reroll
Spirit [dice:2f5r92j1]50774:6[/dice:2f5r92j1]
Wild [dice:2f5r92j1]50774:7[/dice:2f5r92j1]
Ace [dice:2f5r92j1]50774:8[/dice:2f5r92j1]
Range Spirit. Opposed Spirit. Supernaturally evil creatures or evil characters with AB Miracles. Failure Shaken, Raise destroyed. Wild Cards take 1 Wound instead.
Night
Round 0

“Blanca, no!” Ashlyn cried out as the puppy leapt from her arms and darted in among the vampires. Ashlyn watched in amazement as the little animal pulled them down. “Be careful! Don’t hit Blanca!” she yelled at the others.

Ashlyn moved forward, presenting herself in the path of the charging vampires. She gripped her mother’s silver cross pendant and closed her eyes, praying. Then she opened her eyes, and they glowed with a silvery, holy light that also surrounded her body.

“Begone, vile creatures, unnatural spawn of Satan!” she shouted, and holy energy washed out of her, running over the vampires around them.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Initiative
[dice:13cvr0ip]50831:0[/dice:13cvr0ip]
2 Rangers Shaken
Spirit Rolls: [dice:13cvr0ip]50831:1[/dice:13cvr0ip]
Ranger makes 1 Wild Vampire Shaken
Ranger Attack on Wild Vampire- Ranged: [dice:13cvr0ip]50831:2[/dice:13cvr0ip]: Hit
  • Damage: [dice:13cvr0ip]50831:3[/dice:13cvr0ip]
- Wild Vampire is Shaken
Hans Rolls
Hans will drop the Harmonic Resonance Imager back to the vest, draw his Harmonic Resonance Disruptor, drop the Exalted Dispel over an empty area, then move into the area, allowing his Sunlight Pebble to fill the LBT area with the 3 Rangers.
  • Exalted Dispel (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due MaP)
    • TW: [dice:13cvr0ip]50831:4[/dice:13cvr0ip]
      Wild: [dice:13cvr0ip]50831:5[/dice:13cvr0ip]
      Result: 7 - Success. Darkness Dispelled in Area. 6 PPE.
Now time to get us a safe place to attack from...

Hans gets out his Harmonic Resonance Disruptor after dropping his Imager back to his vest. Activating the Harmonic Resonance Disruptor, Hans clears an open area of the Magical Darkness and moves into it... his Sunlight Pebble bathing the cleared area in sunlight.

"Guys, stand beside me. My Sunlight Pebble may deter the Vampires from closing with us. Once you are in here, fire at will. I have enhanced your water guns to hit them harder. If we need to change weapons, I will enhance those weapons too. I suggest you concentrate on the wild vampires as the others take on the others."

With that, the three Rangers get up and into the area cleared and lit by Hans as their leader shoots at one of the wild vampires, shaking him.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Paying attention to the vampires movements Ndreare waits until the right moment as the Secondary vampires are preparing to cast, then just as they think they have their moment he begins his counter. Concentrating Ndreare again amplified his arcane talent, then with a splash of dark energy disrupts all the power the Vampires are preparing to summon, followed by sweeping in faster than the eye can see and slicing one of the secondary vampires in a burst of blows, the creatures somehow parry all but one of.
Then without hesitation still moving with the speed of darkness Ndreare amplifies his combat skills to new levels, and releases another spell to destroy the powers being conjured by the second group of secondary vampires, finally he releases a flurry of slices cutting down two more vampires.

Dispel 24 on group 1, Slice for 30 AP 12 Silver damage, Dispel 27 on group 2, Slice for 30 AP 12 Silver damage, Slice for 38 AP 12 Silver damage
1.1 Boost Spellcasting (spell casting d12+5, Boosted +4, Joker +2, MAP -2 = d12+9)
Spellcasting [dice:3pk9910d]50903:0[/dice:3pk9910d]
Wild Die [dice:3pk9910d]50903:1[/dice:3pk9910d] Ace [dice:3pk9910d]50903:2[/dice:3pk9910d] = No PPE Cost

Greater Dispel (spell casting d12+5, Boosted +8, Joker +2, MAP -2 = d12+13)
Spellcasting [dice:3pk9910d]50903:3[/dice:3pk9910d]
Wild Die [dice:3pk9910d]50903:4[/dice:3pk9910d]
  • Extra Effort [dice:3pk9910d]50903:17[/dice:3pk9910d]
Slice and Dice Fighting (Fighting d12, Joker +2, MAP -2 = d12+0)
Fighting [dice:3pk9910d]50903:5[/dice:3pk9910d]
  • Damage [dice:3pk9910d]50903:10[/dice:3pk9910d] + [dice:3pk9910d]50903:11[/dice:3pk9910d] +8 +8
    Ace [dice:3pk9910d]50903:12[/dice:3pk9910d] AP 12
Fighting [dice:3pk9910d]50903:6[/dice:3pk9910d]
Wild Die [dice:3pk9910d]50903:7[/dice:3pk9910d]

Fighting [dice:3pk9910d]50903:8[/dice:3pk9910d]
Wild Die [dice:3pk9910d]50903:9[/dice:3pk9910d]

1.2 1.1 Boost Spirit (spell casting d12+5, Boosted +8, Joker +2, MAP -2 = d12+9)
Spellcasting [dice:3pk9910d]50903:13[/dice:3pk9910d]
Wild Die [dice:3pk9910d]50903:14[/dice:3pk9910d]

Greater Dispel (spell casting d12+5, Boosted +8, Joker +2, MAP -2 = d12+9)
Spellcasting [dice:3pk9910d]50903:15[/dice:3pk9910d]
Wild Die [dice:3pk9910d]50903:16[/dice:3pk9910d]
  • Extra Effort [dice:3pk9910d]50903:18[/dice:3pk9910d]
Slice and Dice Fighting (Fighting d12, Joker +2, MAP -2 = d12+0)
Fighting [dice:3pk9910d]50903:19[/dice:3pk9910d]
Fighting [dice:3pk9910d]50903:20[/dice:3pk9910d] Ace [dice:3pk9910d]50903:24[/dice:3pk9910d]
  • Raise + Damage [dice:3pk9910d]50903:27[/dice:3pk9910d] [dice:3pk9910d]50903:28[/dice:3pk9910d] +8 +8 AP 12
Wild Die [dice:3pk9910d]50903:21[/dice:3pk9910d]

Fighting [dice:3pk9910d]50903:22[/dice:3pk9910d] Ace [dice:3pk9910d]50903:25[/dice:3pk9910d]
  • Raise + Damage [dice:3pk9910d]50903:29[/dice:3pk9910d] [dice:3pk9910d]50903:30[/dice:3pk9910d] +8 +8
    Ace [dice:3pk9910d]50903:31[/dice:3pk9910d]AP 12
Wild Die [dice:3pk9910d]50903:23[/dice:3pk9910d] Ace [dice:3pk9910d]50903:26[/dice:3pk9910d]
Rods rarely used Battle mode
Engaged by taking no other actions during your turn: +4 toughness, +2 shooting, rock and roll edge, cannot use skills or edges that require finesse or high level cognitive abilities while so engaged, think Berserk. Also comes with a mounted NG-E15 Pulse Plasma Ejector.
Range: 30/60/120
Damage: 3d10, AP —
RoF: 3
Shots: 27
Weight: 17lbs (2 minor mods)
MD
The instructions being clear Rodney in battle mode locks in on the vampires as soon as Ndreare begins to move and lets loose a volley of shots from the weapon Ndreare had just enchanted. The Silver streeks hitting the vampires and obliterating them them from existence.

Shooting
Shooting d8, Battle Mode +2, Joker +2 Rock and Roll -1 = d8+3 (Damage 3d10 +8 Silver)
Shooting
Shooting
Shooting
Wild
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Would not let me post in above post for some reason?
Rods rarely used Battle mode
Engaged by taking no other actions during your turn: +4 toughness, +2 shooting, rock and roll edge, cannot use skills or edges that require finesse or high level cognitive abilities while so engaged, think Berserk. Also comes with a mounted NG-E15 Pulse Plasma Ejector.
Range: 30/60/120
Damage: 3d10, AP —
RoF: 3
Shots: 27
Weight: 17lbs (2 minor mods)
MD
The instructions being clear Rodney in battle mode locks in on the vampires as soon as Ndreare begins to move and lets loose a volley of shots from the weapon Ndreare had just enchanted. The Silver streeks hitting the vampires and obliterating them them from existence.

Shooting 3 Wild Vampires for 25, 23, 21 Silver Plasma damage respectively
Shooting d8, Battle Mode +2, Joker +2 Rock and Roll -1 = d8+3 (Damage 3d10 +8 Silver)
Shooting [dice:2o7g9bpl]50904:0[/dice:2o7g9bpl]
  • Damage [dice:2o7g9bpl]50904:4[/dice:2o7g9bpl]
Shooting [dice:2o7g9bpl]50904:1[/dice:2o7g9bpl]
  • Damage [dice:2o7g9bpl]50904:5[/dice:2o7g9bpl] + [dice:2o7g9bpl]50904:6[/dice:2o7g9bpl]

Shooting [dice:2o7g9bpl]50904:2[/dice:2o7g9bpl]
  • Damage [dice:2o7g9bpl]50904:7[/dice:2o7g9bpl] + [dice:2o7g9bpl]50904:8[/dice:2o7g9bpl]
Wild [dice:2o7g9bpl]50904:3[/dice:2o7g9bpl]
EDIT: GM Requested a 1d4 roll. On a 1 the puppy was in my Dispel area [dice:2o7g9bpl]50904:9[/dice:2o7g9bpl]
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Psionics Rolls they have killer instinct, Elan and a d10 Psionics.

Group 1 spellcasting: [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:0[/dice:1mfyh6gk] boost EF [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:1[/dice:1mfyh6gk]
Group 1 spellcasting: [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:2[/dice:1mfyh6gk] puppet EF [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:3[/dice:1mfyh6gk]
Group 1 spellcasting: [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:4[/dice:1mfyh6gk] slumber EF [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:5[/dice:1mfyh6gk]
Group 1 spellcasting: [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:6[/dice:1mfyh6gk] slumber EF [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:7[/dice:1mfyh6gk]

Group 2 spellcasting: [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:8[/dice:1mfyh6gk] boost EF [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:9[/dice:1mfyh6gk]
Group 2 spellcasting: [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:10[/dice:1mfyh6gk] puppet EF [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:11[/dice:1mfyh6gk]
Group 2 spellcasting: [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:12[/dice:1mfyh6gk] slumber EF [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:13[/dice:1mfyh6gk]
Group 2 spellcasting: [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:14[/dice:1mfyh6gk] reroll [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:16[/dice:1mfyh6gk]slumber EF [dice:1mfyh6gk]50908:15[/dice:1mfyh6gk]
The two groups of secondary vampires, 4 in each group, find themselves out matched by perhaps the most efficient and powerful wizard of all time: Ndreare. In a small area behind the 12 wild vampires the ever lasting darkness vanishes although still is dark just not supernaturally so.

The lead secondary snarls at Ndreare hoping to kill him shortly for the slight he has delivered.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Joker for Initiative
Initiative [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:0[/dice:x0hq78oi] [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:1[/dice:x0hq78oi] 54 = Joker
Doing stuff
Penitent will: Round 1A - Cast quickness, move and attack the three most dangerous vamps he can reach (at -2 to hit; 2-Fisted/Ambi/Frenzy); Joker bonus cancels out the MAP
Round 1B - Move and attack the three most dangerous vamps he can reach (at -2 to hit; 2-Fisted/Ambi/Frenzy) then cast greater fear to scatter any that remain; Joker bonus cancels out the MAP

ROUND A

Casting quickness
Faith [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:2[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Success 4 PPE spent
Wild [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:3[/dice:x0hq78oi]

Fighting (Durendel) [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:4[/dice:x0hq78oi]
Wild [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:5[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Miss

Fighting (Fury's Fang) [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:6[/dice:x0hq78oi]
Wild [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:7[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Ace! [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:18[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Success [Edit: Forgot +1 from Blanca. So this would be a Raise vs. wild vamps]
DAMAGE [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:22[/dice:x0hq78oi]+[dice:x0hq78oi]50983:23[/dice:x0hq78oi]+16 (and raise) [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:24[/dice:x0hq78oi]= 21 damage, AP 4 vs. secondary vampire, or 23 damage vs. wild = 2 wounds (3 if a wild)

Fighting (Fury's Fang) [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:8[/dice:x0hq78oi]
Wild [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:9[/dice:x0hq78oi]
Benny used for Extra Effort + Elan [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:19[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Ace! [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:21[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Raise
DAMAGE [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:25[/dice:x0hq78oi]+[dice:x0hq78oi]50983:26[/dice:x0hq78oi]+[dice:x0hq78oi]50983:27[/dice:x0hq78oi]+16 = Ace! [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:31[/dice:x0hq78oi] = 45 damage, AP 4 = 8 wounds (9 if wild)

ROUND B

Fighting (Durendel) [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:10[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Miss
Wild [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:11[/dice:x0hq78oi]

Fighting (Fury's Fang) [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:12[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Miss
Wild [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:13[/dice:x0hq78oi]

Fighting (Fury's Fang) [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:14[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Success (Raise vs wild vamp) [Edit: Forgot +1 from Blanca. So this would be a Raise against either type]
Wild [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:15[/dice:x0hq78oi]
DAMAGE [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:28[/dice:x0hq78oi]+[dice:x0hq78oi]50983:29[/dice:x0hq78oi]+[dice:x0hq78oi]50983:30[/dice:x0hq78oi]+16 = 39 damage, AP 4 = 7 wounds (8 if wild)

Casting greater fear
Faith [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:16[/dice:x0hq78oi]
Wild [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:17[/dice:x0hq78oi]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:20[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Raise 4 PPE spent
Vamps have to save vs. Fear at -6

DAUGHTER OF DEL RIO
Fighting is 1d10, +2 from Joker, +1 from Blanca
Fighting [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:32[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Miss

KARL
Fighting is 1d10+2 +2 from Joker +1 from Blanca. Attacking twice with Improved Frenzy.
Fighting [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:33[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Hit
Fighting [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:34[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Ace! [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:35[/dice:x0hq78oi] = Raise
Damage 1 [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:36[/dice:x0hq78oi]+[dice:x0hq78oi]50983:37[/dice:x0hq78oi]+12 = 20 damage, AP 4 = 2 Wounds (3 if wild)
Damage 2 [dice:x0hq78oi]50983:38[/dice:x0hq78oi]+[dice:x0hq78oi]50983:39[/dice:x0hq78oi]+12 = 22 damage, AP 4 = 3 Wounds (4 if wild)
Whispering a prayer of celerity, Penitent leaps forward, blades flashing as he searches out the most powerful of the demonic foes. Some of the fiends manage to evade his blazing steel, but he strikes down several as the Daughter of Del Rio and Karl follow in his wake. Karl seems to come into his own, his blade glowing with holy energy and his blows landing with the finality of an executioner.

[Targeting secondary vamps if possible, Penitent lands three blows, for 2 Wounds, 8 Wounds and 7 Wounds. Karl hits twice, for 2 Wounds and 3 Wounds.]

As the vampiric ranks close around them, Penitent calls on the remaining power of his demon mask and looses a soul-curdling battle cry that fills the dead and the damned with dread, the blackness of their own souls rising up to choke out their unlife.

[Greater Fear affecting a large burst template, targeting the most powerful-looking vamps in sight. Extras are panicked and Wild Cards must make Fear checks at -6.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:

Return to “Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms”