M: INTANGIBILITY
M: SPEED

m: +2 AP
m: +2 AP
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Re: Spectre Blade

Post by Ndreare »

that picture messes with my head. It makes me want to clean my glasses.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Spectre
  • PATRON WEAPON (TW)
    Pic
  • Base Weapon: Chainsword Str +2d8 AP2
  • Conversion: 2 PP to load/charge the blueish hazy blade or 0 PP as dagger.
  • New Damage: STR+2d8 AP2 (when used as a dagger (no blue blade): STR+2d6 AP2)
Spectre is a magic version of a Chain-sword, its wielder is empowered by swift attacks, a speedy pace and the ability to walk through walls. Spectre is a one handed sword that has a blueish blade that is constantly blurry, somewhat disorientation to others. When not active the blueish blade disappears and the sword is simply a golden handle decorated with demonic skulls.
  • Upgrades:
  • Minor:

Minor:

Major: +10 PPE (1:15 Recharge, LL Recharge)

Major: (New Power)
    QUICKNESS
    QUICKNESS
    Power Points: 4
    Range: Touch
    Duration: 3 (2/round)
    Trappings: Blurred motion, hyperactivity. This power grants incredible swiftness to the recipient. With success the target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. With a raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.

EXALTED QUICKNESS (MEGA POWER)
    Power Points: 8
    In addition to the two complete turns the character gains with quickness, he may ignore up to two points of multi-action penalties on each of those turns.
    INTANGIBILITY
    INTANGIBILITY
    Power Points: 5
    Trappings: Ghost form, body of shadow, gaseous transformation. With a successful arcane skill roll, the user becomes incorporeal. He is unable to affect the physical world, and it in turn cannot affect him. He can travel through walls, and non-magical weapons pass straight through him. Any items carried at the time of casting are also incorporeal. While incorporeal, the mage may affect other incorporeal beings (including himself), and he is still susceptible to magic attacks, including physical powers, such as bolt, and magic items. The character may not become corporeal while within someone or something. If that occurs, the caster is instantly shunted to the nearest open space, and he is Shaken.

ASTRAL FORM (MEGA POWER)
    Power Points: 10
    Range: Self
    Duration: 1 minute (1/minute)
    The caster is able to leave his body behind as his astral self—a ghostly, translucent form, easily concealable (but not invisible) and able to wander in any direction at a 4 × his Pace. Some mystical barriers might block passage at the GM’s discretion, but he can otherwise go through anything in this form.
    SPEED
    SPEED
    Power Points: 1
    Duration: 3 (1/round)
    Trappings: Blurred motion, “floating,” acrobatics. Warriors who need to close with their foes quickly often use this power, as do those
    who sometimes need to outrun things Man Was Not Meant to Know. Speed allows the target of the power to move faster than usual.
    With a success, the recipient’s basic Pace is doubled. With a raise, running becomes a free action, so he may ignore the usual −2
    running penalty.

GREATER SPEED (MEGA POWER)
    Power Points: 2
    Duration: 3 (1/round)
    This Mega Power version of speed grants the following added effects:
    „„The recipient ’s Pace is tripled, not doubled.
    „„The recipient doesn’t need to roll a run die; assume the maximum whenever it would be rolled.
    „„Attacks against the recipient are at −2. This penalty does not stack with similar effects, like deflection; use the higher benefit.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

This seems to fit the parameters.

That's a lot of AP!

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

The AP aspect is something that does need to be discussed.

In base Savage Worlds, +2 AP is typically regarded as roughly balanced against +1 Damage. That's because many characters go around with no more than 1 or 2 points of armor (if that), anyway, so 'overage' is often wasted.

But for Savage Rifts, where literally everyone is walking around with a minimum of 4 Armor, and many have 8+, AP pretty much IS damage. (The only entries in Savage Foes of North America who do not have a minimum of 4 Armor are the Shifter, Mystic, Rift-Runner, Civilian, Witchling and the baseline Brodkil. Zombies and Skeletons don't have any armor, but it does state that most Necromancers equip them if they can, so... yeah.)

I'd rather see AP treated as a Major Upgrade, so we have more freedom to play with the numbers (I wouldn't want to get into tinkering with the baseline cost of a Minor Upgrade). Make it a Major, for +3 AP, at 20K Cr.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

@Freemage

I think it is a quirk of the power jump of Savage Rifts. I agree completely that AP is effectively damage, but I would not want to make a blanket fundamental change like this as it would affect so many other characters.

As an aside I once proposed all Armor and Armor Piercing values in Savage Rifts be reduced by half so that everything would be compatible with other Savage Worlds products. But my players felt that was taking too much away from their characters.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Previous items approved have had +2 AP as minor (not that I am arguing, just where I got it from).

The blade is supposed to be ghost like...thus the AP. Only other idea I had was instead of AP doing a trapping that bypassed armor if activated like the Mystic Trapping.

If the two AP were changed to something else minor is there a way to add the Trapping: Soul Blast (pg 40 TLPG) or a similar trapping?

Like....Upgrades:

Minor: +1 Parry (or whatever)

Minor: +1 Parry (or whatever)

If Weapon Powered with 2 PP the Trapping Soul Blast is active for weapon's damage.

Soul Blast Damage: STR+2d8 AP2 (that 2 AP was on original weapon). Target adds half spirit to toughness etc as per Trapping. To make it ghost like, slicing past armor.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

1st- Is this a TW item or a magical item? If TW can you please put it in the name.
2nd- AP is an application of the trapping- a ghost blade that cuts through armor- trappings are minor upgrades.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

RFT wrote:@Freemage

I think it is a quirk of the power jump of Savage Rifts. I agree completely that AP is effectively damage, but I would not want to make a blanket fundamental change like this as it would affect so many other characters.

As an aside I once proposed all Armor and Armor Piercing values in Savage Rifts be reduced by half so that everything would be compatible with other Savage Worlds products. But my players felt that was taking too much away from their characters.
Well, the established rules are one thing. The point is there is no official "AP Increase" Mod for TW gear, so we're in uncharted territory.
Lars wrote:Previous items approved have had +2 AP as minor (not that I am arguing, just where I got it from).
I must've missed those. :P Seriously, I try to bring this point up anytime I see an AP increase TW Mod, because Savage Rifts is such a different beast on this subject.
The blade is supposed to be ghost like...thus the AP. Only other idea I had was instead of AP doing a trapping that bypassed armor if activated like the Mystic Trapping.

If the two AP were changed to something else minor is there a way to add the Trapping: Soul Blast (pg 40 TLPG) or a similar trapping?
Well, Trappings are, by definition, Minor TW Upgrades in their own right. And they don't stack (though you can choose to 'toggle' them, if you put more than one on--I did this as an exercise for a TW Vehicular laser, actually).

Now, assuming the character in question is not a Mystic, this is giving the item access to a restricted Trapping, which is a bit more complicated.

But... this brings to mind another possibility:

Minor: Trapping: Ghostly Blade. This adds +1 to the cost of activating the sword. However, once activated, it gains +2 AP against physical armor (apply this AP first if the target has both physical and magical/energy armors).

So, if the target is an un-cybered Brodkil with an armor spell active, the Sword does no AP, but against most opponents, it works as well as the Fire Trapping (which is what I used as my baseline).

You can't get it to +4 AP this way, but +2 AP and another Minor Mod of your choice isn't a horrible option, either.

Oh, and if the wielder IS a Mystic--yeah, sure, slap Trapping: Soul Cutter on there and call it a day. Things that are unique to IFs (like Iconic Edges and custom Trappings) should remain unique to them, but they make perfect sense if the wielder of an Item would normally qualify for them. (So a TW item built for a Crazy could have Split the Seconds, but if their LLW associate picked it up, they wouldn't get the extra action.)
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

I like all the ideas. Thank you. I'm rewriting the blade. Updating it. Will post when I can. Side note: it's for a Psi Stalker. He can't be a Mystic. I thought about it but then recalled he couldn't.

:)

Still tweaking Flint. He's a work in progress.
Flint

EDIT: Idea from PL

Major: Focus (+3): By taking no other actions (including movement), the super may bypass and ignore the Armor of inanimate objects and vehicles (not people or the armor they wear). If a super with this ability attacks a tank with a Toughness of 77 (60), for example, he ignores the 60 points of Armor and attacks its base Toughness of 17.

Thoughts... So does not work on people in body armor but would on a APC or such....hmmm.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As there is a plan to rewrite this I am moving it to abandoned so a New post can be made with the rewrite.

Lars, I will send you a PM so this does not get lost in the mess of not having emails.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades