Background Edges

Edges from other settings, custom edges, etc. available to characters.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Background Edges

Post by High Command »

Custom Edges

Edges from the Core Books aside from SWD

Edges from other Settings
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Custom Edges

Post by High Command »

Arcane Background (Enchanting)
Requirements: Novice, Special
Enchanters begin with one power, in a gizmo of their own design as with all Weird Science types. Unlike other Weird Scientists, Enchanters have 10 PPE of their own and their gizmos have none. Their PPE pool is used to activate all of their own gizmos, as well as use Techno-Wizard (TW) devices. Otherwise they act as traditional weird scientists. Their power list includes the following powers:
  • armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, and warrior’s gift.
Hard
Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d8+
Whether it’s a will of iron or a brain too dim to realize when it’s time to give up, your adventurer is just a tough SOB. She adds +1 to her Toughness and gets a +2 bonus to the Vigor roll after Incapacitation (Aftermath roll for Extras).

Megaversal Hitchhiker
Requirements: Arcane Background (Magic) or the Atlantean Nomad and Vagabond MARS Package
"You've seen a lot of the Megaverse and been places and seen things others can only imagine. Whether in the service of a powerful being like a Temporal Raider or Dragon or just caught up in grand adventure like a certain short d-bees with an unhealthy obsession for magic rings."
You get a +2 to Knowledge (Arcane), Survival, and Common Knowledge checks regarding dimensional magic and the various monsters you've seen. You also gain +2 to vigor rolls against environmental hazards of a dimensional nature.

Non-Psinetic Crazy (Iconic Background Edge)
Requirements: Crazy, Character Creation Only
While the gold standard for Crazies are the psinetics-empowered models, those were actually a later development in M.O.M. technology; the Non-Psinetic Crazy has no such implants (and thus, lacks any Psionic abilities). Interestingly, this means this option is available to races that cannot take Psionic IFs, but it IS barred to races that cannot use Cybernetics. (If you build a Crazy with a Race barred from taking Psionics, they MUST use this for one of their initial Edges.)
Remove the Minor Psionic section of the base Crazy IF. In its place, the character receives a d6 in the combat Skill (Fighting, Shooting or Throwing) of their choice, and two Combat Edges, ignoring Rank requirements. They also start play with 1 Strain. They do not roll on the Psionics HJ Table, but add the Cybernetics table to their preferred list, and may choose to roll on it, as well.

Null Psi-Borg (Iconic Background Edge)
Requirements: Crazy, Character Creation Only
These anti-arcane warriors are the bane of supernatural monsters and spellcasters. They sacrifice most of the flexibility of the base Crazy model, but are extremely adept at battling supernatural threats.
Replace the Minor Psionic section of the Crazy IF with the following:
  • Psi-disruption: The Psi-borg gets Arcane Background [Superpowers] Edge,
    20 PPE and two powers: (dispel and drain Power Points). They start with a d6
    in each Power, but can never take the New Power Edge (though if they take Master of
    Magic, they can use the Mega-Power version of both). Both Powers are modified to be
    Touch Range, but free action to cast. Note that a touch attack against an unwilling
    target is an action, made at +2 Fighting. Both powers may be used on a single target
    with the same touch. Finally, these Powers are not impeded by Strain.
Finally, Null Psi-Borgs may not roll on the Psionics Table for HJ, but can roll on the Cybernetics Table, which is added to their 'preferred' list, as well.

Psi-Warrior Initiate [Background Edge]
Prerequisites: Novice, Psionics d8, Fighting d8, Mind Melter or MARS
You have mastered the trials of Fasting and Denial. You require half the normal amount of sleep and can go without food and water twice as long before testing for Fatigue. You add +2 to all rolls against Fatigue. If you have or gain the Psi-Blade Edge, you count as a Cyber-Knight for the purpose of qualifying for the Psi-Shield Edge.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Tales of the 17th SOG
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Tales of the 17th SOG

Return to “Approved Edges & Hindrances”