Post by Radecliffe »

Notice 6, Success, Common Knowledge 7, Success
Notice Die [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave
Temporary Effects: None
When the light flared into the night sky indicating a rift opening in the nearby nexus Adam said the intelligent thing he could think of, "Well, shit."

Without wasting anymore breath Adam follow on Chevy's heels heading for the BoP. Following him in through the hatch he turns and dogs it closed while Chevy heads up to the driver's compartment to get the vehicle moving. Grabbing a handhold as the ATV lurches into motion Adam hangs on until the ride stabilized then swarming up into the weapons station, buckling his harness with one hand as he brought the weapons systems online with the other.

Keying his mic he opens a channel to the whole team. "For whatever reason the CS boys stayed out of the shindig with the Brodkil but I doubt they will ignore a rift opening up right next door to them. They tend to get upset about that sort of thing. I'll be surprised if the Fed boys keep their nose out of this one either assuming they aren't responsible for all of this. So my advice is be ready for just about anything because that's probably what's going to happen."
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: The Garnet Town Gambit

Post by hobo joe »

Local Conditions wrote: Outside Garnet Town
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 9:35p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:??
  • Ley Line Activity: At active Nexus w/ Rift
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good
Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map -- Note updates!

IF THE LORD DON'T GET ME THE DEVIL WILL (Chevy, Adam, Zima, Egil, Awktek)
Rifts. Magic. Monsters. Dragons. That's right, dragons.

Egil and Awktek soar around the blue disk of the rift and come face to face with a violet eyed dragon! That's weird, odd, uncomfortable, but it could get worse.

Bop, with Chevy behind the wheel and Adam behind the gun, skreeches into the blue glow of the ley line. They can see the two airborne Nameless swooping in and that makes sense. The obsidian dragon is new, surprising.

The new dragon yells out at Symon. Hey, Symon is there! The only reason the Awktek noticed him was the yelling. Egil, spotted the guy's mystic nature, even confused by the ley line and nexus.

Symon, was not distracted and continued with arms raised to chant. Then the thing steps out of the rift. It's giant, nearly twenty feet tall. Winged. Wielding a flaming sword. Obligatory horns and red skin. It seems like it might be something bad! The shifter shouts an defiant reply at the Nameless and the obsidian dragon, "Fools! You've defied us, now you will die! The Federation was generous and you foolishly rebuked our offer. Gar'thul will destroy you, the town and its people!" And with another raised arm motion he cries, "Their blood is on your hands! Legion fools!"

BUT NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT (Whisper)
For Whisper, the scene unfolds in a strange way as well. People, and another dragon, show up and act somewhat menacing in their ferocity. Symon seems very upset at their arrival. And the demon that comes through the rift is impressive. Angry too.

Like he's pretending to be a dragon, the demon, apparently named Gar'thul, breathes fire for dramatic effect.

What are you doing?
Architect

Post by Architect »

"Egil, do psi-stalkers ever worry about there being more than one of them in a given area? Dragons do."

Continuing to fly circles around the rift, AwkTek scans the scene, once more.
Look Beyond What You See
  • Hakuna Matata [Notice 4]
  • Notice [dice]0[/dice]
  • Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
  • Extra Effort Notice[dice]4[/dice]
  • No Worries [CK 4]
  • Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
  • Wild CK [dice]3[/dice]
Putting some extra effort behind it, AwkTek is certain something isn't quite right with the scene below.

"There is a dragon below us, that isn't a dragon. And then there is that red thing pretending to be a dragon by breathing fire."

Narrowing his gaze on Symon, "Shut your bloody pie hole."

"Egil, are we done with snack time? I feel that the main course is about to be served. Which do we go after first?"
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: None
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00

Bennies: 5/5
Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

"Oh yes, Symon," the shadowy dragon snarled disdainfully. "I turned my back on being sacrificed for some ritual you wanted to do. How could I have been so foolish? What have I done?!"

Glowing violet eyes fix on the summoned demon, but only for a moment before resting back on the Shifter.

"You work fast, I'll give you that, but you probably should have used the opening to defend yourself."

Whisper lunged forward, slamming at Symon with a huge clawed paw to try to pin him to the ground so she could follow up by snatching him in her jaws. Then it would just be a question of how hard she could pull one way while still holding him down to the ground.

The demon she ignored for the moment. She had no idea if it was something to be fought, or fled from, and rather hoped whoever these newcomers were might concentrate on it as the most obviously hostile threat. Once she'd ensured that Symon had no opportunities to conjure MORE such beasts, then she'd decide what her next move was.

Whisper definitely had no plans to fight an actual dragon, that was for sure. Shapeshifting had its limits.
OOC Comments
Attacks; 1 claw, 1 bite on Symon.

[dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice] for [dice]2[/dice] plus [dice]3[/dice] damage.
[dice]4[/dice] or [dice]5[/dice] for [dice]6[/dice] plus [dice]7[/dice] damage.
Ace on the d12 damage; [dice]8[/dice] for 34 damage total.

Draconic stats:
Agility d8, Strength d12+9, Vigor d12
Skills: Fighting d10, Guts d12, Intimidation d12, Notice d12
Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness 20 (4)
Attacks on dragon are at +4 to hit due to its size.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Ace: [dice]4[/dice] Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] Ace: [dice]5[/dice]
Constant Effects: None
Temporary Effects: +2 to Notice from Bop's sensors
As they witness the arrival of the huge demon, Chevy does not hesitate. He yells at Radecliffe, "Load the anti-vehicle tubes and light that thing up!"

He unlocks the controls to the laser even as he twists the steering to bring the Bop around and run a strafing line past the rift. As soon as he has the giant demon in his sights, he sends off a shot to let it know it's not wanted here.
Laser Fire
Shooting: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
In case that hits,
Damage (AP 10): [dice]6[/dice]
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Temporary Effects: +2 die to Strength, Medium Range -1, Unstable Platform -2
Permanent Effects: +2 to Notice, +2 to Shooting, Half Range Penalties

Shooting [dice]2[/dice]+[dice]6[/dice] =14 Closest Brodkil
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Split the Seconds Shooting [dice]4[/dice] + Extra Effort [dice]7[/dice] =5 Furthest Brodkil
Split the Seconds Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]

Damage 1st shot [dice]8[/dice]+[dice]9[/dice] = 21 MD total ignores all but completely sealed armor
Damage 2nd shot [dice]10[/dice] = 20 MD total ignores all but completely sealed armor
Catch fire 1st shot [dice]11[/dice]
Catch fire 1st shot [dice]12[/dice]
Egil stops to think, Awktek’s question catching him off guard for a moment.

“We only get worried when there isn’t enough food to go around, but then we hunt bigger stuff. Some tribes don’t like each other and we’ve got soem that sold out to the Dead Heads but mostly we run together pretty well. I can see it being different with dragons though, ‘cause you guys can be different colors. What is your favorite color? Are you your favorite color or is that other dragon…..aww hell….

Egil leans to one side of Awktek and then to the other, firing off two plasma blasts, one at each brodkil guard. Thwump...Thwump

Where do these brodkil come from? I mean do evil mages just put posts on Craigslist that say ‘If you are a dumb subdemon and want to die, I have a job for you’. I’ll bet there is a whole Missed Connections section for brodkil with stuff like ‘I saw you opening a rift, you were wearing a gas mask, call me if you want to see me die horribly with plasma fire’.....oh and I don’t think that thing that stepped out of the rift is a dragon. I think we ought to call Kenny Loggins....”

The psi-stalker finally remembered what had occurred to him before Awktek asked his question: His chaotic mind had settled enough so that he could Lose It again.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Zima

Post by Zima »

OOC Comments
Notice

Skill: [dice]0[/dice]

Wild: [dice]1[/dice]

Ace: [dice]4[/dice]

+2 for Glitter Boy sensors

Total Notice: 8

Action 1: Digging in!

Action 2: Opening fire! (Multi-Action Penalty)

Shooting (Brodkil Guard 2)

Skill: [dice]2[/dice]

Wild: [dice]3[/dice]

Not sure I coded that right. In any case, I think I missed.
Tanya scolded herself. Caught daydreaming. Some hero. The situation looked pretty dire. The corporal? Still nowhere to be seen. Demons coming out of rifts, more brodkil, and another dragon in the sky, though that, at least seemed to be on their side by default.

"AwkTech, perhaps you could convince your new friend to help deal with the demon? I suspect you two have the highest likelihood of hurting it." It was just possible her boom gun could hurt the thing, but there were much closer threats at hand before she wanted to try that. Fighting brodkil up close had not been either fun or productive.
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Notice 11, Common Knowledge 11-15 depending on bonus
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge [dice]8[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]9[/dice]
Wild Die Ace [dice]10[/dice]
+4 from Electronic Core Package Applies to most CK checks
Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave
Temporary Effects: Sensors
"Roger that" as Adam cycled through the launcher's magazine to queue up one of the anti-vehicle missiles for launch. His fingers fly over the keyboard as he refines the targeting data though he wasn't entirely sure who the proper target actually was. Figuring that demon trumps strange dragons Adam quicks decides to make the demon his priority target. "Missile away!"
Shooting 12, Damage 26 AP 13
Shooting Die [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
-1 Bennie for Extra Effort
Extra Effort [dice]5[/dice] +2 for Elan
Damage [dice]4[/dice] Damage Ace Dice [dice]6[/dice] Raise Damage [dice]7[/dice]
The missile's motor whines as the launcher throws it clear of the tube and the engine comes to life with a roar of flame before its gyros stabilize its flight and it wings its way toward the target Adam designated for it. Adam holds his breath momentarily as the missile threads past the first of the oversized combatants before slamming into the demon's chest enveloping it in a thunderous explosion. "Hmmmm, I'll call that one a direct hit. I just hope I did a little more than just make it mad."
Radecliffe

Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2

Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek can feel the shift as Egil adjusts to take his shots. Grateful that he has gotten used to, somewhat, the sounds of weapons firing, he opens the mic once more. "Egil, let me know where you think we should go. Have you put the entire harness on? All five points?"
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Egil looks down at the haphazard straps and buckles across his hips. He had no idea what Awktek was talking about.

“One, two, three….uh….three...umm….four-five….yup, I’m all secure. Let’s do this!”
Jarvis Ursus
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

• Date & Time: 9:36p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:??
Ilustrative Map
Map Key

LIGHT IN THE DOORWAY SHINING SO BRIGHT IN THE DOORWAY (everyone!)
Awktek is surprisingly observant and cognizant of his surroundings, not just seeing, but recognizing. The rift--that's a real rift!--looks into some hell-like dimension, possibly actually Hell. He also knows that DEMONS ARE BAD. Demons are worse than other dragons. He can't pinpoint it though, but something just feels off about the shadowy dragon. It's not reacting to his presence like a dragon should. But that could be because there's a friggin' demon right there. Everyone hates demons. Except shifters, who seem to love them.

The shadow dragon apparently hates Symon more than it hates the demon. The "other" dragon slams a clawed foot down, but it misses the shifter. Symon starts to run away but is snatched up in the dragon's jaws. With a snap, the shifter is split into two gory pieces that fall to the ground, landing with a splat and to quote an ancient text, proof that "all god's children got hemoglobin"*.

Chevy's blast from the powerful laser seems to really piss off the demon. He appears unfazed, like the laser blast meant nothing. He doesn't know much about dragons, but the shadow dragon seems to really have a thing for Symon, one bight and the shifter is bits and pieces. So far the other beast has shown no interest in the Nameless. He also caught a little bit of its speech to the shifter pre-snack time. It seems really to not be a fan. But who could be powerful and bold enough to try to sacrifice a dragon?

Egil thinks of a word, as foreign and alien sounding as craigslist: immolated. That's the word for completely engulfing something in flame when sacrificing them. That seems fitting here. The two brodkil went up in flames like so much tissue paper lit with a blowtorch. The fact that they were asleep didn't even register.

Adam's missile indeed is a direct hit and it also does little more than piss the demon off. His deep knowledge about, well everything, contains a variety of useful bits. He knows nothing about this monster specifically, but that demons in general are resistant against most mundane weapons. Magic and blessed weapons are especially effective though.

Zima digs in and realizes before wasting her shot that Egil has already totally destroyed the two brodkill. Some little voice in her head says why not and targeting the demon instead she hits! In large part because he's huge. And shit! The demon is pissed now. These small insignificant vermin have dared to strike him!!! He is in fact so pissed off he just roars and beats his chest in fury. He yells, I'm am Gar'thul and you will all die and I will feast on the entrails of all the women and children in your pathetic little town!!"

What are you doing?

Combat Notes:
Seeing the demon revealed in all his fearsomeness (I can't so it justice, so we're rolling for it!) everyone make a Fear Check, but at +1 since you have two dragons with you.

Action Cards:
Awktek: Joker!
Gar'thul: AS
Chevy: JH
Zima: 7H
Adam: 6S
Whisper: 6D
Egil: 4H

*The Forever War, Joe Haldeman
Architect

Post by Architect »

Right Into the Danger Zone
  • Spirited Away, Spirit 8, success, raise
  • Spirit [dice]1[/dice] (+1 for Dragons, +2 for Joker)
  • Wild Spirit [dice]2[/dice]
  • Take These Broken Wings, Flying Speed 17"
  • Flying 12"
  • Speed Die [dice]0[/dice] (+2 for Joker)
  • RAMMING SPEED!!! (Damage 20, AP 16)
  • Collision Rules, SWD 115
  • Damage [dice]3[/dice] (+2 for Joker)
  • Aced Damage Roll [dice]7[/dice]
  • Bonus Damage for Fighting Raise [dice]8[/dice]
  • 16 AP (+2 for Joker)
  • Bringing the Pain (Fighting 8)
  • Fighting [dice]4[/dice] (+2 for Joker, +2 for Size)
  • Wild Fighting [dice]5[/dice]
  • Extra Effort [dice]6[/dice]
Symon was out of the picture. That not a dragon thing chomped Symon in half like he was a dragon snack. That meant that the big red ugly, that Egil called a demon, was next to be dealt with.

Whatever auras the demon was pushing out, AwkTek passed right through them. Beating his wings, hard and fast, AwkTek picked up speed and gained momentum.

Dragon Thought: It can breathe fire or at least summon it. Best to take it down and knock it prone.

Not realizing that he flipped to open channel comms, AwkTek said, "Egil we are going in Bird of Prey style."

Using his speed, body mass, and size and a little bit of luck, AwkTek becomes this hurling mass of red sparkling dragon scales and wings.
Last edited by Architect on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:11 am, edited 15 times in total.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Temporary Effects: +2 to Notice from Bop's sensors;
Fear Check
Spirit: [dice]2[/dice]
Using a Benny to re-roll
Spirit: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]5[/dice]
Chevy is more struck by the fact their attacks seem to have just pissed the giant demon off than the fact they are actually facing a freakin' giant demon!

On the comms, Chevy yells as he keeps his vehicle jinking around on evasive maneuvers, "Looks like the Bop's weapons are doing bupkis against this damn thing! Anyone have any options before we get barbecued?"
Chevy
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

The shadow dragon whips its head to and fro for a second, coughing and sputtering as it spits Symon out and tries to get the taste and...leftovers...out of its mouth.

"Gah! Blegh! I did not think that through..."

Then it looks around and up, taking in the others as well as fully registering the magnitude of the demon.

"...damn you, Symon. What have you done?"

Fear check
Spirit [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Fear Check: Spirit [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Smarts Check [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]

Temporary Effects: +2 die Strength, +2 Toughness, -2 Parry, +2 Fighting, +2 Strength, +2 Melee Damage, wastes one action talking
Permanent Effects: +2 Notice, +2 Shooting

Action: Monlogue...
Split the Seconds Action: Lose it
Egil’s eyes widen as they approach the demon. Something in the back of his head tells him his unstable psyche could have prevented him from almost succumbing to pants wetting terror the thing evoked.

“You’re really going to do it aren’t ya, Awktek? It’s happening….it’s really happening….Holy crap we are going to right for it. I mean this is awesome and all, and I’m totally into it...I think….I mean….well….He’s a big one ain’t he? I’ve never seen a demon so big before. We should be able to take him though...I’m pretty sure. Don’t let that sword get you though….it looks sharp. Really sharp. Your scales probably could turn most of it. Probably, yeah...We really are doin’ it. It is definitely happening. Closer and closer we are getting. Are you going to lead with the right or left claw? Maybe the bite like that other dragon did. Just keep that off hand claw up to guard your face...wait...that’s boxing and I am not sure that will work here….I think the teeth would be best...but I never really tasted demon before. I mean, I have...in a swallow your soul sort of way...Now that I think about it...Am I beast or Am I human….Am I just like you….Power seething...
Really reeling…..Reaching out”

And then Awktek crashes into the massive demon.

“Oh, it;s on now!”

Egil lets the chaotic madness take over.
Jarvis Ursus
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Whisper, still getting used to her new gigantic body, reared up on her hind legs and beat her wings powerfully. Wind curled away in a pair of vortexes driving away from her as she laboriously took flight and circled back around towards the towering titan before her. The other dragon was dive-bombing it, by the looks. That meant a blast of fire breath was too risky to use, lest she mark herself as their enemy. Fire might not work against a beast like this anyway...

That left her with relatively few options in this form. Perhaps see how her claws worked...and if that didn't work out, she'd draw power from the nexus and start in on spells?

Yes.

With a roar, she wheeled about and dove at the monster's head, bringing her hind legs down and forward a bit like a diving eagle. The balance was a little awkward, but she slammed into the beast, tearing with her powerful talons!

Attacks: 7 to hit (on both) for 12 and 18 damage.
OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice] to hit for [dice]2[/dice] plus [dice]6[/dice] damage.
[dice]3[/dice] or [dice]4[/dice] to hit for [dice]5[/dice] plus [dice]7[/dice] damage.
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Ilustrative Map
Map Key

CRACKED NECKS BY SETTLED LIMBS THEY DON'T HESITATE (everyone!)
Awktek
Like a crazy red bolt, Awktek dives in and smashes at high speed into the demon. Not the sort of attack the demon was expecting!! The giant demon staggers under the assault. Awktek feels the impact but is totally unscathed. Didn't even break a scale!

The demon only has enough coordination at this point to draw a massive flaming sword, and growl and curse in some demonic language.

Chevy
Chevy maneuvers Bop around avoiding the stumbling demon and tumbling dragon. No real problems except the tactical holy shit what do we do kind. Adam seems to be just hanging on for dear life and Zima is similarly frozen.

Whisper
Launching into a leaping claw attack, Whisper hits the demon, but he manages to block both her frenzied attacks with the fiery sword even though he is off balance.

Egil
Awktek's impact knocks Egil loose. The psi-stalker has a moment to make a choice: land on the demon or land on the ground?

What are you doing?

Combat Notes:
  • Egil needs to make a Agility roll to land either on the ground or on the demon without damage.
    Zima and Bop still have clear lines of fire to the demon.
Action Cards:
Awktek: Joker! (again! For reals yo!)
Egil: AS
Chevy: JH
Adam: 7H
Whisper: 6S
Gar'thul: 6D (Shaken)
Zima: 4H
Architect

Post by Architect »

Looking for Whitey
  • Notice 11, success, raise
  • Notice [dice]0[/dice] (-2 for unskilled, +2 for Joker)
  • Aced Notice [dice]2[/dice]
  • Aced the Aced Notice [dice]4[/dice]
  • Aced Wild [dice]3[/dice]
AwkTek's impact with the demon was less rational and calculated then intended. However, he managed to keep his head up and slam the demon with his chest and torso. Absorbing the impact in those areas prevented him from taking any noticeable damage, but he did notice that Egil got dislodged.

As he disengaged the demon from the impact, he used his wings to hover so that he could locate Egil. In a very loud dragon voice, "Hey Whitey! Where are you?"

Not seeing or sensing him in the general area, he hoped he had gotten clear.
Last edited by Architect on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Zima

Post by Zima »

OOC Comments
Fear Check!

Spirit

Hopefully that's good enough, because ...

Shooting

Guess I'd better throw in the damage, eh?

[dice]4[/dice]

[dice]5[/dice]

[dice]6[/dice]

[dice]7[/dice]

Total 33 Damage
Tanya's mouth was dry, her heart pounded in her chest. The demon was collossal. How much could they even hurt it?

She honestly had no idea. But short of banishing the damned thing, she and the dragons were probably the best chance against it. She zeroed in on the enormous, winged, fire-breathing form of the demon, and opened fire.
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Notice 19, Success + Raise. Fear Check 19, Success + Raise
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Notice Die Ace [dice]2[/dice]

Fear Roll
Spirit Die [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]4[/dice]
Spirit Die Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die Ace [dice]6[/dice]
I didn't bother rolling the Ace again because I am pretty sure it doesn't improve anything.
Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan
Temporary Effects: Sensors, Dragon Fear Bonus
As Chevy engages in extreme evasive maneuvers Adam hangs on for dear life and keeps an eye on the sensors just in case yet another threat should loom out of the darkness.
Radecliffe

Skills

Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice] +[dice]10[/dice] + [dice]11[/dice] +[dice]12[/dice] + [dice]13[/dice]= 29 WOW!
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Agility [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Shooting [dice]4[/dice] Extra Effort [dice]8[/dice] =4
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]

Damage [dice]9[/dice] = 19 ignores all but completely sealed armor

Shooting [dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
Miss

Temporary Effects: +2 die Strength, +2 Toughness, -2 Parry, +2 Fighting, +2 Strength, +2 Melee Damage, Snapfire -2 shooting, unstable platform -2 shooting
Permanent Effects: +2 Notice, +2 Shooting, -2 to hit due to uncanny reflexes, Combat Reflexes, Quick, Ambidextrous

Action: Somersault over demon and fire heavy plasma ejector at it
Split the seconds action: Fire again
Up here in the air this will never hurt
As Awktek slammed into the demon, some part of Egil’s mind realized that three out of five points of a harness was probably not enough as the impact hurled him up and over the demon. Riding the edge in slow motion, he twisted through the air noticing every last detail of the battlefield. He grinned as he imagined the looks of shock on Chevy, Zima, and the Doc’s faces as he pulled off this feat of awesomeness. He waved at Awktek to let him know he was ok and then flipped off the demon as he spun back around to level the massive plasma cannon. The first plast kicked a heck of a lot more than he remembered when he was strapped down causing the second shot to go wide. He wasn’t sure he even hurt the thing….

I'm on my way to impact, taste the high speed dirt
As Egil continued to pass over the demon, that annoying rational part of his brain spoke up again and reminded him that he really couldn’t fly. Sighing to himself he did one last flip to slow down his momentum and stuck the landing with only a slight wobble.

Nailed it!
Jarvis Ursus
Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek surveys the situation in very quick fashion. The demon is most certainly facing him and the fake dragon, which is fine. Deal with the fake dragon later.

With his developing senses, he does not spot Egil, but he does notice that the demon is not very skilled with that Flaming Sword. The demon seems to be applying brute strength as opposed to certain bit of grace, finesse, and agility. He decides to try and take advantage of this.

"I am sorry we are getting off in such a bad way. You can call me dragon and I will call you demon."

"This is a really bad deal for you. Symon over there," nods to the severed body, "was not very smart. If I had summoned you, I would have at least explained the situation so you could have been prepared."

"As it is, you face the Nameless of the Tomorrow Legion. You don't know us but I am certain you will never forget us."

"So Demon, you are what I would call a brute. Pure. Raw. Physical Power. Not at all attuned to that sword."

Nodding the direction of the GlitterBoy, "Now that GlitterBoy pilot is one well versed in using weapons. You probably noiced that its BoomGun is deadly accurate."

Hoping that the demon turns to stare down the GlitterBoy, AwkTek uses his mouth to make a called shot on the demon's arm.
You Dont Need That
    • Fighting 7 success
    • Fighting [dice]0[/dice] (+2 for size, +2 for Joker, -2 for Called Shot)
    • Wild Fighting [dice]1[/dice]
    • Use 1 of 7 Bennies
    • ReRoll Fighting [dice]2[/dice]
    • ReRoll Wild Fighting [dice]3[/dice]
    • Bite Damage 16 MDC, 4 AP
    • Strength [dice]4[/dice] (+4 for racial, +2 for Joker)
    • Bite Damage [dice]5[/dice] (+2 for Joker)
    • Fired Up 30 MDC
    • Immolate [dice]6[/dice]
    • Aced Twice [dice]7[/dice]
    • Aced [dice]8[/dice]
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Ilustrative Map
Map Key

AMERICAN NIGHTMARE RUNNING SCARED (everyone!)
The world on the other side of the rift is a barren wasteland, nothing growing at all. It's all red packed dirt, red sky, even the wind seems red. The heat waves make it seem like the whole earthen floor is somehow in movement. None of the sounds from that other world permeate through the mystic portal.

Awktek
Supercharged and hypercharged by the fight against the demon, Awktek seems to be moving just a step ahead of everyone else. He watches Egil arc through the air like a white blur.... Swooping in for snack, the dragon tries to bite the demon's arm, but the demon fends off Awktek's jaws before they can clamp down. But the follow up move catches the demon completely off guard, the flames engulfing the demon's head. The demon falls back clawing at his face as the fire dances across it. If he had eyebrows they would be burned off.

Angered Gar'thul strikes out at the biggest threat, which, obviously, is Awktek. Hurt and angry the demon is still a formidable opponent. He leaps at the baby dragon with his giant sword, flames rippling along its edge. He lands the blow squarely on Awktek's neck, a brutal decapitating blow. But...nothing happens. The sword effectively goes "ding" and tickles a little.

Egil
Twisting through the air, Egil uses his own flame to attack the demon. Once, twice he fires, but the plasma ejector doesn't have the same bite at Awktek's foul breath. It's enough enrage the demon, and he flails in anger none-the-less. Sticking the landing is a nice flourish. Whether he brought the beast down or not, Egil just vaulted off a dragon, flew through the air firing streams of plasma at a demon and then landing like it was all nothing is probably even cooler.

Adam
A passenger for the moment, Adam has the chance to look around. He can focus on the rift itself. It is pretty stable as rifts go. He's no shifter, but the shimmer blue energy is moving and coursing in a predictable pattern for the moment. That's a problem, because as Adam studies the other world, the heat is not causing an illusion of movement, there are actually skittering, chitinous, spiny things the same color as the ground scrabbling all over. The general direction is towards the rift!

Adam also notices on Bop's radar that there a half dozen aircraft are slowly approaching from the south.

Zima
Zima doesn't have to move to hit a moving target. And a horrendous demon who just totally failed to hurt your dragon buddy suddenly loses a lot of its fearsome horror. She barely catches the demon in the edge of her massive storm of projectiles, but it's enough to spin him around. He roars out it pain again, looking at Zima in amazement. She maybe has seen this look before, and she will probably see it again, some supernatural horror shocked and confused that a mere ant has managed to wound it.

What are you doing?

Combat Notes:
  • Dragons are tough. Glitter Boy's do a shit load of damage.
Action Cards:
Awktek: AH
Egil: KD
Chevy: 5D
Zima: 5C
Adam: 3C
Gar'thul: 2H (Shaken, 2 wounds)
Whisper: 2D
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

So fire does hurt it...but then again, it's distracted now. Maybe I can use that to my advantage...

Whisper lunged up and forward, trying to plunge her claws into the demon's shoulder...anchoring herself to take a bite at its throat!

(Goin' melee again. I think I'd get gangup, and maybe its parry isn't as high without the sword? Not sure. On with it!)
[dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice] (plus any gangup if applicable), for [dice]2[/dice] plus [dice]3[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice] or [dice]5[/dice] (plus any gangup if applicable), for [dice]6[/dice] plus [dice]7[/dice]
Bennying second attack [dice]8[/dice] or [dice]9[/dice]
Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek was facing the demon and now was staring at its back. Instinct told him to duck his head and he watched the fake dragon jump onto the demon's back.

Take advantage of his blind side.

AwkTek still engulfed in flames, whips himself into a tight circle and begins spinning in circles. Saw a dog go around in circles, once. As he reaches the point of being dizzy, AwkTek loses control of his tail and tail whips the demon across the back of its legs.

He was originally trying to fan the flames on his immolating scales but got caught up in the fun of spinning. Realizing that by pulling his body tighter and closer together he could get some incredible momentum. It was at his fastest turns ever that he lost control of his tail and spin whipped the demon.
Tail Swipe
  • Fighting Tail 10 success, raise; Damage 14 MDC
  • Fighting [d4]: [dice]0[/dice]
  • Wild Fighting [d6]: [dice]1[/dice]
  • Extra Effort [5 of 7 Bennies] [d6]: [dice]5[/dice]
  • Damage Strength [d12+4]: [dice]2[/dice]
  • Damage Claw [1d8]: [dice]3[/dice]
  • Extra Damage Die [1d6]: [dice]6[/dice]
Flame Scales
  • 10 MDC Fire Damage
  • Immolate [3d6]: [dice]4[/dice]
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice] + [dice]2[/dice] =9
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] + [dice]3[/dice]

Run[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice] Total Pace = 22" or 132 ft.

Temporary Effects: +2 die Strength, +2 Toughness, -2 Parry, +2 Fighting, +2 Strength, +2 Melee Damage
Permanent Effects: +2 Notice, +2 Shooting, -2 to hit due to uncanny reflexes, Combat Reflexes, Quick, Ambidextrous

Action: Run towards the ‘Bop.
Split the Seconds Action: Hop on if I can make it that far.

Egil stands in awe as the two dragons engage the demon. He thinks about firing the plasma cannon again, but realizes that it would probably engulf Awktek and the other dragon helping out the Nameless.

“Sweep the leg, Awktek! No Mercy!”

Something in the back of his mind tells him that standing next to these titans locked in combat while Zima and the ‘Bop are readying another salvo of things that go boom, probably isn’t in his best interest. The psi-stalker continues to focus on enhancing his strength and then sprints towards the ‘Bop lugging the fifty pound gun in his hand.
Jarvis Ursus
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] Ace: [dice]4[/dice] Ace again: [dice]7[/dice]
Upon hearing Radecliffe's report of the approaching horde, Chevy spins the Bop to face the Rift. Now this is something more my style.

On the horn, he calls out to Radecliffe, "Prof! Lob whatever missiles we have left at those critters! Preferably the anti-personnel tubes, but don't be picky! We gotta keep them from getting across!"

Hoping the big honking demon's too distracted with his teammates to target the Bop, Chevy stops the ATV and aims the laser at the nearest ground target. Let's hope the Rift goes both ways.
Fire Laser
Shooting: [dice]2[/dice] Ace: [dice]5[/dice]
Note: Sorry, I posted the Ace roll on the wrong line!
Damage: [dice]6[/dice]
Note: Damage is MBT, and, by the way, so are the missiles
Chevy
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Preview:
Coming to a Post Near You!!

Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Notice 8, Raise
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
+2 from Alertness, +2 from Sensors
Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan
Adam takes in the sudden influx of sensor input and mashes the key to open the comm channels to the rest of the team. "Ok people, sitrep update. We have unknown aircraft incoming from the south and there are a whole lot of insectoids that look like they will be coming through that rift in short order."

Flipping the switch to activate the BoP's PA system "ATTENTION UNKNOWN DRAGON ENTITY! THIS IS ADAM RADECLIFFE OF THE NAMELESS, A UNIT OF THE TOMORROW LEGION. PLEASE BE AWARE THERE ARE A LARGE NUMBER OF INSECTOID LIKE CREATURES APPROACHING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIFT. IF YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITY I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU CLOSE THE RIFT ASAP. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO CLOSE THE RIFT PLEASE ADVISE AS TO YOUR INTENTIONS. RADECLIFFE OUT"

Turning his attention to his weapons systems, Adam attempts to refine his targeting data for the insectoids on the other side of the Rift. Firing a missile into another dimension via a Rift was not something he'd ever attempted before and he was a little apprehensive about the potential side effects of such an act. However, he was a lot more apprehensive about the side effects of a horde of giant insects overrunning their position.

Needs must when the devil drives I always say.

The numbers on his screens finally started to come together and the computer announced it had a lock on the target.

Well, here goes nothing.

With that thought Adam pressed the firing stud and sent an anti-personnel missile screaming through the Rift aperture to impact on the front ranks of the scuttling creatures.
Shooting 6, Damage 23, AP 8, MBT
Shooting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

-1bennie to reroll
Shooting[dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
+2 from Elan

Damage [dice]6[/dice]
Last edited by Radecliffe on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radecliffe

Skills

Zima

Post by Zima »

OOC Comments
Notice

Ace!: [dice]4[/dice]

+2 for Glitter Boy Sensors

Total Notice: 13

Action: Opening fire!

Shooting

Ace!: [dice]5[/dice]

Total Shooting: 13

Damage! (Guess I should roll that too, huh?)

[dice]6[/dice]

[dice]7[/dice]

[dice]8[/dice]

[dice]9[/dice]

[dice]10[/dice]

Total Boom Gun damage: 38! Unless I didn't actually get a raise, in which case, it's 'only' 37.
Incoming aircraft from this side. Incoming ... things from the other side. We appear to have lost control of the situation.

The dragons were on top of the big demon. That was a no-go, unless she wanted to fire on her own. The Boom Gun wasn't going to give a damn who was helping and who was an enemy. The incoming aircraft? No idea who they were, and besides, even if the Boom Gun could be used for anti-aircraft work, it was something she'd never tried before. That left ... "The rift," Tanya muttered, turning her attention to the big hole in space. She swung the gun around, and fired again.
Last edited by Zima on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Whisper snarled sardonically at the address. Better they talk than shoot, she supposed, but still.

Then again, they had a point. The rift wasn't collapsing the way she'd expected it to. The energy from the nexus must be enough to sustain it even without the sacrifice.

Shadow and light, what had he even needed her for?! Plenty of trouble being wreaked!

The binding of course. Any apprentice can summon a power. Controlling it though...that takes power. Power he didn't have.

How to end it though? If it was self-sufficient, this rift, how to close it?

Knowledge: Arcane [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Ilustrative Map
Map Key

OUR CAUSE UNJUST AND ANCIENT (everyone!)
The world on the other side of the rift is a barren wasteland, nothing growing at all. It's all red packed dirt, red sky, even the wind seems red. The heat waves make it seem like the whole earthen floor is somehow in movement. None of the sounds from that other world permeate through the mystic portal.

Awktek
The young dragon tries a different type of attack, physically challenging the demon. Even wounded though, the demon is a physical powerhouse and fends off Awktek's spinning tail easily, half side stepping, half deflecting. The flames wash across the demon's arms and legs in the process, but he shrugs it off without ill effect.

Egil
In a thoughtful moment, Egil decides to run and not fight like a crazy. Maybe not doing the expected is exactly how a crazy fights. He bolts across the rough field. The motion of Bop is easy to match, and Egil is able to hop on without any problems. He is drawn closer to the rift and can see the teeming hordes coming through.

Chevy
Turning the Bop in the direction most people would turn away from, Chevy charges towards the yawning dimensional portal. He blasts the at the monsters coming through the rift. He clearly can differentiate two types of creatures. One looks like a small, wingless dragon. In this case small is eight or nine feet tall. Most are carrying large swords, with markings up and down the blades. They move quickly but not recklessly, racing through the rift. They are flanking the other group of monsters. And the second group is much more monstrous. They are almost insect like with compound eyes and a scuttling on many legs. They are covered in wicket looking spines. They don't appear to have any weapons, but some have spines in their hands. He counts twenty of the small dragons and eight of the spiny insects.

As he gets closer, Chevy is a little surprised to see that some of the small dragons, not many, but enough to be scary, are carrying light rail guns or plasma ejectors!

He fires away at the closet bunch, a group of the small dragons (Shock Dragon Group 3). His laser slices into the group...

Zima
Glitterboys excel and blowing shit up. Zima blows shit up. Five of the small dragons get vaporized, nothing but a crater left as any sign that they existed before. But... more interestingly, even though the bugs weren't hit they go into and panic and writhe around as if in pain! She observes all the same details as Chevy, along with the fact that the small dragon with the rail gun appears to be in charge, or at least issuing orders. She notes that there are no remains at all of the band she totally destroyed.

Adam
After his radio call, and despite his worries, Adam's missile works like normal. The fact that it impacted on some alien planet, world, dimension, whatever, seems to make no difference. The bugs blow up. As the creatures approach and cross through the rift, Adam as the same analysis as Chevy, minus the magic runes on the blades. At this point, only one of the dragons is carrying a heavy weapon. There is nothing left of the weapons from the group obliterated by Zima.

Gar'thul
Hurt, surrounded by enemies that should already be dead or running away, the demon lashes out at the two dragons. He is fast, even hurt. The giant flaming sword conks HARD down on Awktek's neck, and doesn't really hurt him any. The young dragon realizes though that even though his thick scales turned this blow, it might be possible for a better placed strike to pierce his hide.

Whisper on the other hand, is cut deep by the demon's blade....

Whisper
Life is challenging at the moment. Whisper just got seriously whacked by the demon. Her attacks were almost effective. At close range, this demon seems to be at his strongest, given that both she and the other dragon failed to injure the creature with their powerful melee attacks. It's mediocre news when she drudges up the knowledge about rifts from her training: without a controlling influence, a rift's lifespan is fairly random, from a few seconds and rarely longer than 24 hours.

What are you doing?

Combat Notes:
  • Glitter Boy's real do a shit load of damage--that hit would have likely killed Mr Demon!!!.
Action Cards:
Adam: KS
Whisper: QS - take 53 Damage, 3 AP
Awktek: JH
Chevy: JC
Egil: 7D
Zima: 6C
Gar'thul: 4H (Shaken, 2 wounds)
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Whisper's distraction, even momentary, is costly and the mage learns a perhaps long-overdue lesson about overconfidence. The dragon's form is mighty indeed...but it is not a 'true' dragon, as is demonstrated quite visibly when Awktek resists the demon's blow...and Whisper is impaled quite neatly on the flaming blade. She roars in agony as the flames of it roast her from the inside; the far end of the point even emerging from her back. Then she loses her grip on the massive monster and falls off, leaking purple light and dark ichor from the wound that's been torn into her.

When the shadowy dragon hits the ground it changes rapidly. Shreds of shadow evaporate in a constant storm, revealing after a moment her true shape. A humanoid woman with skin the color of a midnight sky, clad only in a simple garment of plain, rough cloth, lying unconscious with a sword wound in her gut. The wound was cauterized though, so she was at least not gushing blood...and the size of the wound seemed to reproportion with her body as she returned to this shape...so it was no bigger on her than the huge sword had made on the equally huge dragon.

Still life-threatening of course, but not instantly cleaving her in two. Dead or just unconscious, she was out of the fight.

Incapcitation roll: Buying an auto-ace, because she's too young to die. :( [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice] - Total result is 9.
Last edited by Whisper on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Action: Use Illusion on the remaining dragonman to cause him to fire on Gar’thul. The illusion will be Gar’thul’s chest erupting as Egil bursts from it with angelic wings and a sword of light. Pumping 4 extra ISP from Major Psionic.

Psionics [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Wow I guess I needed it. I am not sure if you use the 4 as the opposed Spirit roll for the dragon man or I make another roll. Here is another roll, just in case:

Psionics [dice]6[/dice]

Split the Seconds Action: Since it does not appear that anyone is grappling Gar’thul at this point, Egil will take another shot at him with the plasma ejector.

Shooting [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort: [dice]7[/dice]
Total 8 (-1 was copy paste error) so that is a hit with raise:

Damage [dice]8[/dice] +[dice]9[/dice] + [dice]10[/dice]
Total 28 MD and ignores all armor unless it is completely sealed.

Temporary effects: Concentrating on Boost Trait -1, Unstable Platform -2 to Shooting, Losing It, d12 Strength

Permanent Effects: +2 to Notice and Tracking, +2 to Shooting
Egil takes in all of the chaos a top the 'Bop, the explosions and energy blasts trail kaleidoscopes of colors and are punctuated with screeching guitar riffs in his unstable mind. The Edge was a glorious place and he seeing the dragon man with the railgun leveled at the Nameless, he knew he just had to share it with him. Heck, it worked on those stupid brodkil down by the river so he opened his mind up and linked it with the creature from the rift.

Seeing the shadow dragon stabbed and transform into a humanoid form, the psi-stalker is struck with sadness and respect for whoever it was that chose to stand by the Nameless in this battle for the ages. “Whoever you are, know that your death will not go unnoticed. The Nameless will avenge and remember you...and hopefully you have enough magical energy in you so that I….well let’s get through this first!”

“Nameless, stand beside me. There's a battle on and you know my words are true. There's a battle for true metal and these things are marching, they're marching on me and you. So...hold your heads up high and raise your fists up in the air. The power of true metal's calling you, it's everywhere!”

Egil then turns and unleashes another blast from the massive plasma cannon at the giant demon.
Jarvis Ursus
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Chevy sees the dragon ally fall and change form. Without thought, he unharnesses from his chair and calls to Radecliffe as he grabs his rifle, "Soldier down! Keep hammering at the tangos! I'll be right back!"

Without waiting for a response, he leaps out of the Bop and rushes to the unconscious woman at full speed, his rifle ready in case he meets any opposition.
To the Rescue
Running: [dice]3[/dice]
Chevy
Architect

Post by Architect »

Hearing gasps AwkTek looks up in time to see the shadows coalesce and descend to the ground. Kind of like watching leaves fall, although AwkTek is uncertain of where he saw that.

Sizing up positions, he notices Egil is on the Bop with that redicously over sized weapon. Turning his head slightly he sees Zima and the Glitterboy. Wonder if i could keep low enough and the demon distracted so that Zima and Egil would both have clear shots.

Judging that is a male demon he decides to use a tactic he saw in the bar just outside of Refuge, called "Tagging the Nads". AwkTek whips his tail hard between the demons legs at just below his belly button.
Tail Swipe
  • Fighting Tail 9, Damage 21 MDC
  • Fighting [dice]0[/dice]: (-2 Called Shot)
  • Wild Fighting [dice]1[/dice]:
  • Aced with Previous [dice]4[/dice]
  • Damage Strength [dice]5[/dice]:
  • Damage Tail [dice]2[/dice]:
  • Bonus Melee Damage [dice]7[/dice]
Flaming fists of fury aren't an option, so AwkTek alights once more and tries to make things really hot for Hellboy-wannabe.
Flame Scales
  • 17 MDC Fire Damage
  • Immolate [dice]3[/dice]:
  • Aced Damage [dice]6[/dice]
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Notice 8
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan, Steady Hands
"Chevy, God Dammit! I can't drive this thing! Get your ass back here!" Adam shouts at Chevy's retreating back. Damn fool! Is he the medic here? No. I swear this job gets worse all the time.

Still cursing under his breath and feeling like a sitting duck with Chevy off running around Adam fires another missile into the leading edge of the pack of critters coming through the Rift and prays nothing overruns the BoP. "Missile Away"
Shooting Missile 6, Damage 22, AP 8, MBT
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Damage [dice]4[/dice]
Radecliffe

Skills

hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Ilustrative Map
Map Key

ONE LAST CARESS, SWEET DEATH (everyone!)
Scary as they might appear, the Nameless are killing the creatures pouring in through the rift with surprising ease. There is nothing else moving on the "other side", all of the creatures have crossed the event horizon. All the living ones anyway.

Adam
The missile blasts off from the Bop and explodes in the center of the nearest group of insect like monsters. He kills them all. Black chitinous arms, legs and bodies, and many many spines are all over the place. Some of the toes and fingers are still twitching, but there is nothing left alive within the missile's explosion.

But his other fear is coming true, a group of five of the small dragons is almost on top of Bop. They are all wielding the magic looking swords.

Whisper
Darkness envelopes the unfortunate mage. Perhaps this is better than being sacrificed for Symon. She at least had the satisfaction of chomping him in half. All her consciousness was consumed by pain.
OOC Comments
Roll Vigor vs Incapacitation --pg 77 SWD (book that I have) or pg 68 SWD (pdf) (just like any Trait roll, as I interpret it, so Wild Die, -3 for Wounds, but you can use a Benny, EP, etc.)
Awktek
Swoop! Spin! Smack! Unfortunately, the "smack" was Awktek getting smacked out of the way. His furious assault on the demonic jewels was thwarted!! However, that left the demon wide open to Egil's attack.

Chevy
No one pays attention to Chevy as he races across the rough ground. He makes it to Whisper's side, and realizes that she's not just a human, but something else. Maybe an elf or something? Her body has been pierced by a flaming sword, and she's not sliced in half. That's a good start. Mostly dead and all dead are significantly different, right?

Egil
The monsters don't fall for the illusion. Mostly because they don't care about Egil, there's a dragon to be dealt with. Except for the one with the plasma ejector. He is totally taken in by the illusion. So when Egil fires at the demon with an incredibly powerful weapon of incredible power, so does the dragon creature.

And amazingly he's not dead!!!
Summary
Two groups of the dragon men things are converging on Bop, none of them has any ranged weapon, all have swords. The remaining group is heading towards Awktek, at least the four with swords are. The one in that group with the plasma ejector is currently shooting at the demon. One group with swords will be able to attack Bop next round, the other one the round after that. If Adam has initiative over this group, he can still safely get them with a missile, but if they go first, they will be too close. The group attacking Awktek will enter melee next round if he's on the ground. All of the bugs are dead.
What are you doing?

Combat Notes:
  • The Plasma Ejector damage is halved since it's not magic, but it was SO SO close to causing a wound. So close. Not the shock dragon's, that was a pitiful roll.
Action Cards:
Shock Dragon Group 2: KS (Attacking Awktek)
Adam: JS (Can fire a missile at Shock Dragon Group 1 if desired)
Egil: 10C
Chevy: 8C
Gar'thul: 7S (Shaken, 2 wounds)
Awktek: 6C
Shock Dragon Group 1: 3H (Moving towards Bop, not in melee range)
Zima: 2D
Shock Dragon Group 3: 2C (Attacking Bop, in melee)
Whisper: Incapcitated
Architect

Post by Architect »

OOC Comments
AwkTek will be taking a MAP for this next round. Not entirely certain how it will all turn out but he is not thrilled at all by dragonloings with sword or the damn devil/demon or whatever it is called.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Notice 7
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan, Steady Hands

Thank goodness for bonuses.
Adam was too angry to be scared as he watched the bands of Draco forms charge the motionless BoP. For a moment part of him actually hopes they manages to carve a few pieces off the vehicle but he shakes the thought away as he lined up the launchers sights on the band that he could still engage.

Unlikely those swords could penetrate the BoP's armor unless they are a lot more capable than they look but then again they can always get lucky and I was never even issued a damned sword!

Keying his mic to the full team band Adam calmly gives an update on the BoP's situation. "Uh, just so you know the BoP is about to be overrun by a number of these sword toting Draco Forms that just came through that Rift. I think I can get some of them but the rest may be able to get inside my range so any help anyone can send my way would be great, thanks. Oh yeah, that reminds me, Missile Away!"
Fire Missile at Shock Dragon Group One, Shooting 4 Success, Damage 33, AP 8, MBT
Shooting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Damage [dice]4[/dice]
-1 Bennie to reroll damage

Damage [dice]5[/dice]
Damage Aces [dice]6[/dice]
A roar of smoke and flame envelop the targeted draco forms and he knows at least those creatures will not be pressing their attack home. Hitting the quick release on his harness Adam wonders if he will be able to reach the driver's compartment before it's too late.
Radecliffe

Skills

Zima

Post by Zima »

OOC Comments
Notice

Ace!: [dice]8[/dice]

+2 for Glitter Boy sensors

Notice Total: 9

Shooting

Damage:

[dice]4[/dice]

[dice]5[/dice]

[dice]6[/dice]

[dice]7[/dice]

+6

Total Damage: 29
Tanya assessed the options--none of them were good. The newcomer was down, and still dangerously close to the demon--Awktech might not get hurt too badly if she could aim just so. She still didn't like that idea, but whoever the new girl was, Tanya really didn't care for dealing the killing blow to an ally, even to bring down a demon. Besides, there was quite a bit for her to do, it appeared. So: back to firing at the forces crossing over from the rift.
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Constant Effects: –1 to be hit with ranged attacks; ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand; +2 to ranged attacks from helmet
Temporary Effects: none
Chevy stood still as he beheld the unconscious Whisper. Woah, he thought, visibly swallowing. She looked... different, and he couldn't help staring, his blush hidden under his helmet.

Shaking his head to clear his mind, he turned his attention to the wound. He knew little or nothing of the medical arts, but he assumed the lack of blood pouring out was a good sign. Any assistance of that sort would have to wait until he got her back to the Bop and the Prof's tender mercies.

Dropping next to her, Chevy hoisted Whisper up on a fireman carry, and holding his rifle at the ready, looked back at the Bop to plan his trek back.
OOC Comments
With that Notice roll, I assume he doesn't see Shock Dragon Group 3 attacking the Bop. Does he see group 1 moving toward the Bop? If so, he'll launch a frag grenade in their direction to hopefully slow them down.

Shooting: [dice]2[/dice]
Damage (LBT): [dice]4[/dice]
Chevy
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] + [dice]4[/dice] = 8

Smarts for Monologuer [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice] + Benny [dice]5[/dice] = 7

Action: Toss plasma ejector into the ‘Bop with Radcliffe, drop illusion and boost trait, and move towards dead dragon men
Split the seconds action: Pick up one of their swords

Temporary effects: Losing It (+2 Fighting, +2 Toughness, +2 Strength and Damage, -2 Parry)

Permanent Effects: +2 to Notice and Tracking, +2 to Shooting, Uncanny Reflexes -2
Egil resists the urge to describe the battlefield in painstaking detail to Radcliffe to demonstrate that their isn't anything to worry about. The sight of Chevy attempting to rescue the unknown ally being enough to get his rational mind to override his unstable psyche.

"Don't worry Doc, use that cannon to blast anything that makes it through, I'd brace it on something, though, 'cause it's pretty heavy."

He drops the plasma ejector through the open hatch with a loud clang that may or may not have damaged something and before Radcliffe can respond the psi-stalker is gone, bounding towards the blasted dragon men. He picks up one of their swords that is still intact, hoisting it up in a mock salute, he turns to the massive demon still bearing down on Awktek.

"Yo! Shifter bait! Let's dance!
Jarvis Ursus
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Ilustrative Map
Map Key

YOU JUST CAN'T SLOW THINGS DOWN, BABY (everyone!)
Scary as they might appear, the Nameless are killing the creatures pouring in through the rift with surprising ease. There is nothing else moving on the "other side", all of the creatures have crossed the event horizon. All the living ones anyway.

Shock Dragons Group 2
Several (four) of the small dragon things run around and swing their swords threateningly at Awktek. But they can't reach him in the air. Unfortunately, the fifth guy has a plasma ejector. The burst of plasma engulfs the young dragon in flames!

Adam
Missiles work really well against the clustered mini-dragons. Adam launches another piece of expensive ordnance towards the approaching group of dragon things and turns them into a much wider grouping of much smaller pieces.

Chevy
There's one group of the mini-dragons visible to Chevy, he is not aware that his favorite vehicle is about to be under attack by another group. As he carries the unconscious body of the stranger back to the Bop, he lobs a grenade into the nearby. It's enough to draw the guys with swords attention, but doesn't seem to knock any of them down. Which isn't too much of a problem because a moment later there's a giant boom and they all disappear in a cloud of dirt and mini-dragon-nuggets.

Gar'thul
Furious that the battle is STILL going on and that his minions are being slaughtered before getting much beyond the rift threshold, Gar'thul lashes out at Awktek. He doesn't care that he was nearly killed by a little man with a gun, his evil pride compels him to attack the "real" threat. With a mighty leap into the air and a giant swing he really makes contact, the sword cracking right on Awktek's head. And it HURTS.

Awktek
The mighty dragon is knocked around by the even mightier hit from the demon's sword. He just hovers twenty feet above the trampled field trying to recover.

Zima
With her usual precision, Zima fires the Boom Gun through a crowd to target the only remaining group of small bad guys. And it produces the typical, expected result. A crater with only the faintest hint of fried dragon-creature-thing in the air. (Again, the Boom Gun leaves no loot behind!!)

Shock Dragon Group 3
Three mini-dragons proceed to hack at Bop for a second before realizing it's futile. Two of them were however distracted by Egil's little taunt, and take a few swings at him, but neither connects.
Summary
Gar'Thul and the five of shock dragons attack Bop and Egil are the only remaining enemies. The shock dragons only have swords (magic swords).
What are you doing?

Combat Notes:
    Action Cards:
    Awktek: KH (19 damage from PE, 38 AP3 from Gar'Thul)
    Chevy: 9H
    Zima: 7S
    Shock Dragon Group 3: 7H (Attacking Bop, in melee)
    Egil: 6D
    SAMAS: 5D (3 Extras, 1 WC, controlled by Whisper)
    Gar'thul: 5C (Shaken, 2 wounds)
    Adam: 3S
    Whisper: Incapcitated
    Architect

Post by Architect »

Cant Touch This
    • Soak, 9 success, raise
    • Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
    • Wild [dice]1[/dice]
    • Ace Wild with Previous [dice]4[/dice]
    Blind. Stupid. Doo-dah Luck kicked in.
    In Dragonese
    "Brethren of the Scale, why do you bow your head to this demon? He was summoned here and made the toy of a mortal who is now dead. Why not claim your freedom by bringing this corruptor of flesh and scale to its knees?"
    • Persuassion 9
    • Persuassion [dice]6[/dice] (-2 Untrained, -2 MAP)
    • Wild Persuade [dice]7[/dice]
      Benny for Extra Effort
    • Extra Effort [dice]8[/dice]
    • Aced Extra plus Previous [dice]9[/dice]
    AwkTek takes the lead, regardless if the dragon squad follows or not. Lining up his shot, he lets the heat of his fury find physical manifestation in his breath.
    Fire Stream
    • Shooting 11, Damage 13 MDC
    • Shooting [dice]10[/dice] (-2 MAP)
    • Wild Shooting [dice]11[/dice]
      Benny for Extra Effort
    • Extra Effort [dice]13[/dice]
    • Aced Extra plus Previous [dice]14[/dice]
    • Stream Damage [dice]12[/dice] MDC
    • Raise Damage [dice]15[/dice]
    AwkTek works the stream of his flame breath from above the demon's waist and up its chest as he closes distance. When AwkTek comes within reach of the demon's sword he veers straight up into the sky above the demon.
    Disregard
    • Spirit, 8 success, raise
    • Spirit [dice]2[/dice]
    • Ace Spirit with Previous [dice]5[/dice]
    • Wild [dice]3[/dice]
    Architect
    Quick Stats _
    Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
    Weapons
    Weapons On Hand _
    Claws
    Teeth
    Flaming Great Sword
    Powers
    Available Powers _
    Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
    Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
    AwkTek
    AwkTech -
    Signature Block
    Jarvis Ursus
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Temporary effects: Losing It (+2 Fighting, +2 Toughness, +2 Strength and Damage, -2 Parry), Wild Attack (+2 Fighting, -2 Parry)

Permanent Effects: +2 to Notice and Tracking, +2 to Shooting, Uncanny Reflexes -2

Action: Attack closest dragon man
    Split the Seconds Action: Drain PPE

Wild Attack Fighting: [dice]2[/dice] = 8
    Wild Attack Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]

Damage Assuming Longsword: [dice]4[/dice]+[dice]5[/dice] + Explosion [dice]8[/dice]=14

Wild Touch Attack to Drain: [dice]6[/dice] =13
    Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]

Opposed Spirit: [dice]9[/dice] =3
    Wild Die: [dice]10[/dice]
    Egil has no idea what Awktek is saying, but it sounds good and is probably some awesome speech letting these riftspawn know that the Nameless is going to kick their ass. His original intent was to leap up and gut this stupid demon that just won’t die because it would be epic, but the whine of jet engines from the approaching power armor and the fact that these dragon-men took a swing at him cause him to deal with the more immediate threat.

“Oh come on, who called in the cavalry? We had this under control and now more things that blow things up into little pieces. Sheesh. If you blow the big guy up, how am I supposed to eat? Been on solid food since I was two, just sayin’. Oh well, I guess I’ll take what I can get from these dudes.”

Egil turns to one of the dragon-men fighting him and impales him with one of the swords. His acrobatic grace replaced by brutal savagery. He follows the strike to get up close and personal with the thing and attempts to drain him of magical energy.
    Jarvis Ursus
    Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Meanwhile, in the skies above...

Four sleek, gunmetal grey humanoid figures blazed through the night sky on jet engines and wings spread from their shoulders. For one able to listen in on encrypted Coalition military frequencies, their dialogue would be audible...and to no other.

"Griffin One, I have visual on target area. Intel was right...definitely rift activity."

"Acknowledged, regroup for attack run."

"Prosek's sweaty ballsack, look at the size of that thing!"

"Shut it, Griffin Four! Thermographic shows an active vehicle. That, and the humanoids around it, are the civilians. Orders are no collateral."

"Dragon!"

"Fuck, where?!"

"Stay focused! Target is the rift entity ONLY. Do NOT engage other targets!" Griffin One hesitated, then added grimly, "Unless they engage first."

There was a pause. Waiting for a dragon to have the first shot sometimes meant there wasn't a second. SAMAS armor had a huge advantage in mobility against most groundborne targets, but a dragon could throw them out of the sky like toys.

"Yes, sir."

"Understood."

"Goddamnit...all right!"

"All right." One kept his voice steady, infusing with confidence he wasn't sure he felt. The orders were...off. How had the Lieutenant known about this rift? Why did she care about something so far outside the patrol zones? This was practically on the Federation's doorstep for fuck's sake. And now limiting targets? Whoever was down there had probably brought that thing here.

The 21st Airborne Scout Assault Wing didn't question orders though.

"Three, Four mini-missiles. Two, you and me go guns. Lets see what hurts this thing."

The four flying suits of power armor formed up into a sort of diamond angled up with the hindmost suit flying a bit lower than the two sides, and the forward suit flying a bit higher to clear sightlines to the ground. A pair of rockets roared out from the two on the sides, leaving streaky contrails behind them...a pair of shooting stars that light the night orange in their wakes. In the meantime the rail guns of the front and back suits made long buzzing noises as each discharged thousands of rounds of tungsten-jacketed ferrous shards at the towering form of the demon!
    OOC Comments
    Griffin 1 (WC): [dice]0[/dice], [dice]1[/dice], [dice]2[/dice], [dice]3[/dice]
    [dice]9[/dice] + [dice]10[/dice], [dice]11[/dice] + [dice]12[/dice], [dice]13[/dice] + [dice]14[/dice] all AP4

Griffin 2: [dice]4[/dice], [dice]5[/dice], [dice]6[/dice]
    [dice]15[/dice], [dice]16[/dice] all AP 4
    Ace [dice]21[/dice]

Griffin 3: [dice]7[/dice]
    [dice]17[/dice] + [dice]18[/dice] AP 11
    Aces [dice]22[/dice]
    Ace [dice]23[/dice]

Griffin 4: [dice]8[/dice]
    [dice]19[/dice] + [dice]20[/dice] AP 11
    The railgun fire raked over the monstrous thing's hide in an unholy drumbeat, but nothing pierced it's skin. It looked up towards the four plumes of flame arcing through the sky over it and brandished its sword threateningly. One of the minimissiles slammed into its sword arm and exploded, the force of it throwing the towering demon off balance for a moment. It recovered immediately and roared defiance and rage into the sky...

...and the last missile caught it right in the mouth!

"HAAAAAAHAAAAA," the pilot whooped as the air wing roared past. "Scratch one! SCRATCH ONE!"

"Fuck you, that was a luck shot!"

"Aaaahahaha! Did you see that shit?!"

"Stay in formation, jagoffs. Come around and line up for another pass. Full missiles this time. We're making sure."
    Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
    Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Ace: [dice]2[/dice] Ace again: [dice]3[/dice] Yet Again! [dice]4[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
    Constant Effects: –1 to be hit with ranged attacks; ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand; +2 to ranged attacks from helmet
    Temporary Effects: none
    Burdened by the unconscious Whisper, Chevy sprints back to the Bop, uncomfortably aware of the girl's body pressing against his even through his armor.

The chaos of battle quickly brings his attention back into focus, and the utter feeling of vulnerability outside of the safety of his ride ramps his senses up to an almost Zen-like level.

He can see the clash between Egil and some of the lizard creatures, thankfully on the other side of the Bop. His ears pick up the shriek of jets and he glances up in time to see the Coalition SAMAS squadron unleash their missile attack on the giant demon.

"HOLY MOTHERFORKING SHIRTBALLS!" he inadvertently transmits over the team comms. He follows up with, "Prof! Open up the starboard hatch and be ready to receive wounded! It's forking Armageddon out here!"
    Chevy
    Radecliffe
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Notice 11, Raise
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
    Temporary Effects: None

-1 bennie for extra effort with elan
    [dice]2[/dice]
    Driving 8, Raise
    Driving [dice]3[/dice]
    Wild [dice]4[/dice]

[dice]5[/dice]
    Adam clammors into the driver's seat just as Chevy announces his return. Silently, he pops the hatch as requested and waits for Chevy to embark. As soon as the Quick Flex and the strange woman are on board he guns the engine, slamming it reverse to put some distance between the draco forms and the BoP, giving him some room to maneuver.
    Radecliffe

Skills

hobo joe
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Ilustrative Map
    Map Key

HERE'S HOPING YOUR SWELL (everyone!)
    It's the worst possible situation for the Nameless. What's that, you ask? Well, the Coalition just saved the day. We all know the Nameless did all the hard work and then in come the boys in black and fire a couple missiles and hey! we won!

That's right, after all the blistering attacks everyone landed on the demon, he was still standing. The flight of SAMAS zoomed in with their guns and missiles. It looked like for a moment, they were going to be ineffective too, but then that one lucky shot sent the demon reeling, finally collapsing on the ground...half in and half out of the rift's event horizon.

Behan, the wily commander of this Coalition expedition just won a bunch of bargaining power with the town. It would all be lost if his boys shot down the Nameless. So, maybe the flight leader has grokked the point, they have accomplished the most important task: kill whatever Symon brought through the rift. Tasks two and three are to not start a fight and to make sure the townsfolk hear about how the Coalition killed the monster. Don't lie, he said, just make sure they know it was the Coalition who protected them in their time of need.

Whisper, Chevy and Adam race out of danger. Two of the shock dragons give chase, until Egil kills one of them and sucks his magic out. Not pretty. Egil probably made the fava bean face noise thing, but thankfully no one was looking.

The other one chasing Bop immediately gave up and joined the three others that were busy surrendering to Awktek. The little dragons aren't dumb, maybe slightly below human average, like football lineman versus quarterback. They are speaking in dragonese. They are not making much sense, surrendering doesn't seem to be part of their usual training. One thing is clear, they can't go back to Dyval, that's where the rift is connected too. Since they're not quiet, and the name is repeated over and over, in the driver's seat of Bop, Adam can catch a word or two, and knows that it is the demonic realm that is eternally at war with the other demonic realm of Hades. Good times.

Chevy may not be a medic, but he, not in a creepy way, no, not at all, examines the dead girl in detail. First off, she's not dead. Second, she's not human. (Also, not dragon). Her skin is jet black, a rich black that seems to almost absorb light. She is thin, but very human-like in every detail besides the jet black skin. Her hair is also an impossibly dark black. Her wrists are bruised like she's been tied up or shackled very recently. She has no weapons or armor, just simple clothes. The sword wound is seeping blood, but it's not gushing, and it's not nearly as big as it should be.

Adam can't keep his eyes on the road. It's okay, he drives just fine while staring at Chevy and their new guest. Even from the driver's seat he catches most of the same details as Chevy, able to take advantage of the rough investigation the Quick-flex is going through. The other parts of his attention not being used to drive catch the bits of conversation between the little dragon creatures and Awktek. As a student of the world, Adam puts the pieces together on the Coalition's "help". The lieutenant is making a good move. His tactic is clear, he is hoping that this assistance will show the good people of Garnet Town that the CS has more to offer.

What are you doing?

Combat Notes:
    • Four shock dragons surrender to Awktek.
    Action Cards:
    We're done here!
    Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek does what he can to calm the dragon flight down.
    Dragonese
    "Brethren, how might we close this Rift? Your lives will be in greater danger should it remain open."

"Look around and tell me what you see."
    • Investigation 7, success
    • Investigation [dice]2[/dice] (-2)
    • Aced Investigation with Previous [dice]5[/dice]
    • Aced Aced with Previous [dice]6[/dice]
    • Wild Investigation [dice]3[/dice]
    Heading to the rift, AwkTek looks at the Demon from Dyval. Noticing the flaming sword near the body, AwkTek takes it in hand and cuts the demon in half across the waist line. Before tossing the body back into the Dyval side of the Rift, he searches the dead demon.
    Will You Look At That
    • Notice 5, success
    • Notice [dice]0[/dice] (-2)
    • Aced Notice with Previous [dice]4[/dice]
    "Hey Professor, the fake dragon was doing what here? And was she connected somehow to Symon?"

"Nameless, I think we need to shut this Rift down. Garnet Town will be in danger if it is not closed, regardless of what the Skull Heads say to the townsfolk."
    Architect
    Quick Stats _
    Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
    Weapons
    Weapons On Hand _
    Claws
    Teeth
    Flaming Great Sword
    Powers
    Available Powers _
    Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
    Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
    AwkTek
    AwkTech -
    Signature Block
    Radecliffe
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Once it was clear the fight is over Adam brings the BoP to a halt and goes back to look at the wounded newcomer. Hmmm, her wounds are serious but she does not seem to be in danger of bleeding out anytime soon. Probably had a Dragon's constitution to go with that Dragon form.

Looking at Chevy he nods towards the driver's compartment. "I got this. We should probably head back to Garnet Town ASAP. Who knows what those CS bozos are telling the townspeople. I'd hate to waste all our effort so far by having them make a stupid mistake and ally with the Coalition over some misguided sense of gratitude. Take it slow though, I don't want to giver her any more interesting scars than necessary."
    Healing 12, 2 wounds healed
    Spend 1 free patron autoace on healing roll
    Healing Ace[dice]0[/dice]
    Wild [dice]1[/dice]
    +1 from First Aid Kit
    -2 from Unstable Platform

[dice]2[/dice]
    Grabbing his bag and the first aid kit inside he goes to work bandaging the woman's wounds, suturing the most serious ones. After about 10 minute he finishes his work and administers a shot of broad spectrum antibiotics.
    Radecliffe

Skills

Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Her eyes opened just a heartbeat after the shot was administered, the color of flowing honey against black sclera. Her attention flicked from person to person in rapid succession, her muscles tensed.

Not bound. Not enspelled. Not being eaten by that demon. So.

"It...would seem thanks are in order," she says. Her voice is thick at first...she coughs into her fist and it becomes clearer. "Call me Whisper." Noting that the vehicle she was in was moving, she added, "If we haven't already completely left that battlefield behind, could I trouble you to take me somewhere? A cabin, just to the north of the town."

Her tone and bearing would have been more appropriate for someone asking a friendly acquaintance for a favor over lunch...not a woman lying nearly naked and wounded in a cramped vehicle surrounded by strange men.
    Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
    Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
    Chevy's rapt inspection of Whisper's prone body is interrupted by the jerk of the Bop's motion, which breaks him out of his reverie like a splash of cold water.

"What the heck, Prof! I'm the driver, you're the medic! Get over here and check her out... I mean, make sure she's all right."

He self-consciously takes over the driver seat and spins the Bop around to head back to town, opting for speed over comfort despite Radecliffe's admonitions. Over the comms, he reports to the rest of the team, "Nameless, we've rescued a civilian from the scene and are returning to town to report, preferably before the Coalsacks take all the credit.
    Whisper wrote:"It...would seem thanks are in order," she says. Her voice is thick at first...she coughs into her fist and it becomes clearer. "Call me Whisper." Noting that the vehicle she was in was moving, she added, "If we haven't already completely left that battlefield behind, could I trouble you to take me somewhere? A cabin, just to the north of the town."

Her tone and bearing would have been more appropriate for someone asking a friendly acquaintance for a favor over lunch...not a woman lying nearly naked and wounded in a cramped vehicle surrounded by strange men.
    Chevy responds from his seat, "Hi! We're heading back to Garnet Town to take care of some business, but I'll be glad to take you wherever you need after that."

He continues rambling. "The gentleman there is the Prof, um, Radecliffe. He's the closest thing we got to a medic so don't be freaked if he starts poking at you. Oh, I'm Chevy and this fine vehicle you find yourself in, his voice fills with pride, "is the Blitzkrieg Bop. It's mine, and, uh, I drive it. Yeah..."
    Chevy
    Whisper

Post by Whisper »

The woman relaxed a little and gave Chevy an arch smile.

"So the medic is driving, and the driver is poking. You must be the Tomorrow Legion I've heard so much about. If you can't spare a few minutes to pick up my things, do you at least have some clothes I can put on?"

She tugged absently at the hem of her 'dress,' calling attention to the fact that it baaaaarely came down far enough for anything resembling modesty.
    Zima

Post by Zima »

So the Coalition's got more than one scout hanging around. A lot more. What was about to happen was plain as day. AwkTech had a point--but the bottom line was, there was nothing they could do about the rift ... unless the mysterious newcomer could, by some chance. Tanya pulled up stakes and stowed her suit's Boom Gun, then keyed her comm. "Chevy, is there any chance our new friend knows how to close that rift? If not, we need to get back to town with all due speed."
    Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
    Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek sensing Zima's urgency signals the dragon flight to circle above the Rift to cover the Nameless's retreat.

Queing his comms, "Egil, I can give you a ride back should you want it."

AwkTek does however pull the demon's lower torso back through the rift. Using his talons, AwkTek begins cutting the skin from the demon's legs. A sheath or scabbard of demon hide should be sufficient to hold a flaming sword of this size.
    Architect
    Quick Stats _
    Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
    Weapons
    Weapons On Hand _
    Claws
    Teeth
    Flaming Great Sword
    Powers
    Available Powers _
    Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
    Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
    AwkTek
    AwkTech -
    Signature Block
    Radecliffe
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Zima wrote:So the Coalition's got more than one scout hanging around. A lot more. What was about to happen was plain as day. AwkTech had a point--but the bottom line was, there was nothing they could do about the rift ... unless the mysterious newcomer could, by some chance. Tanya pulled up stakes and stowed her suit's Boom Gun, then keyed her comm. "Chevy, is there any chance our new friend knows how to close that rift? If not, we need to get back to town with all due speed."
    While working on the wounded woman Adam pauses to answer Zima. "Most of the time a rift will close on its own, especially if someone made it open. That's what the lore says anyway. The lady here came pretty close to being bisected by a 20 foot demon so she needs to take it easy for a bit. If it doesn't close after a while we'll have to look at plan B. I don't recommend spending any time on the far side of the event horizon though. If it closes it may not give any warning and it may be a loooooooong walk home from wherever that is."

((OOC: Hobo said in the Hangout the rift closes after 5 minutes.))
    Radecliffe

Skills

Radecliffe
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Whisper wrote:The woman relaxed a little and gave Chevy an arch smile.

"So the medic is driving, and the driver is poking. You must be the Tomorrow Legion I've heard so much about. If you can't spare a few minutes to pick up my things, do you at least have some clothes I can put on?"

She tugged absently at the hem of her 'dress,' calling attention to the fact that it baaaaarely came down far enough for anything resembling modesty.
    Frowning, Adam puts a hand on her shoulder to keep her from getting up. "You are going to need a few days of downtime yet to heal miss, uh, Whisper. I really don't recommend you moving around too much in the meantime. But as to clothes I think we can accomodate you until we can get back to collect up your things. We'll need to go back that way anyway ASAP if we want to be able to look for evidence as to who was behind all this."

Satisfied that Whisper would not be jumping up in the next few moments, he rifles though his duffle for shirt, pants and a belt. Returning with items in hand, Adam gives them to the girl. "Here you go, I'll just head up to the turret while you get changed so I can check the sensors and you can have a little privacy. As impressive as this bucket of bolts may be it does not come with a bathroom, unfortunately."

Keeping his thoughts to himself Adam clamors up into the gunner's chair and focuses on the sensor readouts for the surrounding area...
    Notice 8
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
    Radecliffe

Skills

Jarvis Ursus
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Getting it together Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Temporary effects: -1 to trait rolls for [dice]4[/dice] hours

As the SAMAS fly off and the battle comes to an end, Egil plops down on the ground and starts getting it together. He always hated these times, almost to the point where he didn’t want to lose it ever again. Almost.

“Naw Awktek, I'm good. I’ll catch you all back in town. Just gonna rest here a bit. Sorry about killin' one of your friends, man. Didn't know you knew 'em.”

The psi-stalker watches Awktek deal with the demon and nods approvingly at the idea of a scabbard for the massive sword. He waves at his companions as they head back assuring them he'll be alright. It would be good to get back to his wild nature and enjoy the outdoors. After about an hour, Egil hops up and surveys the carnage and destruction. Like a scavenger, he moves from body to body like a ghost checking for anything interesting or if anything just happens to be still alive and worth feeding on. He pays particular attention to Symon’s corpse, looking for anything that may be magical in nature. Once satisfied he returns to town carrying what he can and stashing what he can’t.
    Jarvis Ursus
    Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
    Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Ace: [dice]2[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
    Whisper wrote:The woman relaxed a little and gave Chevy an arch smile.

Chevy happens to be looking back as Whisper says this, and he swings his head around back to look forward hard enough to make his eyeballs click. He is grateful his helmet hides the blush burning on his cheeks.
    Radecliffe wrote: Satisfied that Whisper would not be jumping up in the next few moments, he rifles though his duffle for shirt, pants and a belt. Returning with items in hand, Adam gives them to the girl. "Here you go, I'll just head up to the turret while you get changed so I can check the sensors and you can have a little privacy. As impressive as this bucket of bolts may be it does not come with a bathroom, unfortunately."

Keeping his thoughts to himself Adam clamors up into the gunner's chair and focuses on the sensor readouts for the surrounding area...
    Hearing the Prof's words, a flash of panic washes across Chevy. The thought of someone unsupervised in the back of the Bop is unsettling, but he reassures himself the ebon-skinned girl won't have enough time to go digging through his stuff.
    OOC Comments
    The back area of the Bop has many straps and fittings for securing cargo, plus items like bedding and storage that indicates Chevy is prone to sleeping in the vehicle.
    Chevy
    hobo joe
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

• Date & Time:10:10p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:??
    • Ley Line Activity: Near ley line
    • Weather: Dark, 55 degrees F.
    • Visibility: Good, cloudy ceiling
    Ilustrative Map
    Map Key
    Detailed Map

WE NEED NO INTRODUCTION, FOR MASS ANNIHILATION (everyone!)
    It's babbled by all four of Awktek's new minions, and hard to understand, when they respond the real dragon's question, "Only the masters and mages can close the gateways." Their response as a whole to his second question is not so great either, but they are obeying him, which is a good sign. Individually some give better answers. Let's call him Shocky One. Shocky One looks around and says, "There's my sword," then stoops down to pick it up. Shocky Two, looks around and says, "We lost. We normally don't lose. But going back would be bad. The Master is dead, so is the Lord. Shocky Three looks around and says, "We did lose quite badly. Where did they send us this time? I think the Lord meant to kill the Master when we got here." Shocky Four looks around and is surprisingly erudite and observant. He says, "Not only did we loose which is punishable by true death, but we surrendered. I am quite sure the Lords will have not mercy for us now. The gateway is our means home, but with the Lord and Master dead and a chance to escape, maybe that is what we do? I see around us a dragon lord who has shown us mercy, unheard of in all of my time serving on Dyval. A dragon lord who has lead an army the defeated us and the spiny bugs in addition to the Lord Gar'Thul. I do not like all this green and growth around, but maybe there is a place for us. We never had a future anywhere else."

Awktek manages to get a look at the shock dragons' blades and also takes a moment to look at the demon sword. Both are covered in runes, and as the dragon studies them he realizes they are actually dragonese just in a script he'd never seen before. They were all words of power and strength on the smaller shock dragon blades. On the demon's blade, the words were more complex, the sentences loftier sounding, but also somewhat sinister. Concepts of flame, of fire, of pain and hurt, of abominable power, dominance and strength covered every inch of the blade and handle. Beyond the runes, the swords were very simple in construction, make of (what appears to be) good steel blades and crosspieces, ebony grips of some bone-like material. The demon's sword has a red jewel in the pommel that seems to have an inner radiance.

About when Awktek is done gathering the sword, right as he starts to cut into the corpse, the demon disintegrates instantly, leaving nothing but a cloud of foul air that quickly dissipates. The shock dragon bodies and the few remaining pieces of the spiny bug things remain however. The demon's armor remained...but it was sliced in half and rendered useless when the rift closed neatly about it.

There is lots going on inside Chevy's cavernous vehicle. Adam proves himself truly a modern Renaissance man. He doesn't have time to process the information, but he did see the demon's body go poof and turn into a gross looking green cloud. As Chevy drives away, the terrain is rough, but nothing Bop can't handle with aplomb, it doesn't disrupt the surgery.

With skill and confidence he patches up an alien being and brings the young woman back to life, she was mostly dead. In the ten minutes he was working on the wounded young lady, he watches as the rift closes of its own accord. Having to work quickly is a shame though. He had a hell of a time doing anything at first, even with every light he had shining on the wound, it always seemed to be in shadow. Her physiology was very close to a standard earth human, so he was able to do some work, literally, in the dark. Not just her skin, but her entire body seemed somehow shadowy.

The vehicle she is lying in, is now in motion. When Whisper wakes up that alone is disorienting. The beings around her seem friendly enough. The vehicle she's in seems like someone's home as well as conveyance, bedding being among the various items on display. She detects no magic on the vehicle or nearby, save the receding power of the nexus. The other people seem armed and armored though.

Chevy focuses on driving. Nothing fancy, just making sure they get back to Garnet Town safely and expeditiously. They are maybe another fifteen minutes driving over the broken fields before reaching the borders of the town. No one is working this late at night, but Chevy can see evidence of people preparing for Adam's wall. They townsfolk seem serious about their new defense. Chevy is the first one to confirm that his friends, the "Coalsacks" are already in the town square with the town's leader, Lithari. The CS Lieutenant is standing next to Lithari showing her something on a small handheld screen. The four SAMAS are also in the town square, but no one seems to be paying them any attention. Except a small figure on the roof of the building closest too them. It's the boy, Von, and he is clearly trying to get a closer look at the iconic power armor, and looking to get himself in a lot of trouble.

Without an immediate answer, Tanya is forced to watch uneasily as the rift just sits there. Then for no reason at all it just closes, and gone, like it never existed. The blue glow of the ley lines subsided some, but she could still see them with her naked eye just fine in the dark night. Turning and heading back to town, Tanya stumps in behind Bop, glittering in the bits of moonlight filtering through the light clouds overhead. When she reaches the town square, all eyes immediately turn towards her.

The SAMAS jerk a little seeing her walk in, but manage to keep it together and not do anything stupid.

What are you doing?
    Loot
    • Flaming Great Sword (Str+d12+4; +3 Fighting, AP 3, Mega Damage)
    • Enchanted Demon Bracers (+3 Parry).
    • (8) Enchanted Long Swords (Str+d8, Mega Damage)
    Combat Notes:
    • Four shock dragons surrender to Awktek.---What did he tell them to do?
    Jarvis Ursus
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Temporary effects: Streetwise d10

Psionics Boost Streetwise (burn extra ISP for +4): [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]3[/dice] That is an Ace so Streetwise goes to d10

Spend 1EP for +4 to cancel out Charisma penalty and rural setting penalty
    Scrounger Streetwise [dice]4[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]

Obtain non-secured credit chip [dice]6[/dice] = 36000 credits
    Egil sets up camp just outside of Garnet Town. He knows the townsfolk think he’s spooky and quite honestly, he finds most of them boring anyway. He greets Von when he sees him but it's obvious the boy has been forbidden to interact with the ‘crazy vampire’.

“I’ve seen what you folks do with livestock...and I’m the crazy vampire…”

During the day, if anybody is willing to interact with the psi-stalker, he’ll talk their ear off. Mixing adventures with made up stories that sound a lot like some pre-rifts movies. At night, Egil spends his time either hunting along the ley line or searching for clues for any connections Symon may have had. At times he can’t help himself and he will creep up to a window and stand perfectly still as the occupants go about their lives. When they get that ‘I'm being watched feeling’ and turn to look, the psi-stalker will be gone. Sometimes Egil will make some noise outside and sometimes he won’t. If he hears anyone talking about it the next day, it’s all he can do to not giggle.

Finally, his nocturnal activities pay off and he finds something, at least he thinks so. The next day, he pays a visit to Jonas Trent, he has no idea if the credit chip links simon to the Black Market and he doesn’t really care. The psi-stalker bursts into the Mill and nearly gives the burly Miller a heart attack as he dumps a load of weapons and random valuables on the table.

“J.T. my man! Good to see you again. How’s it hangin? This time I am here for business. What can you do for me? I’ve got all this stuff here, and I am looking to deal. Thing is, I also got this credit chip I found which links Symon, now very dead, to you! Dun, Dun, Dun, DUN! Admit it, you were dealing with him!”

“Dude, I have no idea what you are talking about. Yeah, I run some stuff up and down the river and if you want to buy, that’s cool, but that credit chip could belong to anybody.”

Egil raises his non-existent eyebrow and looks at Jonas suspiciously.

“That mage had a big ass robot in his crew and that ain’t normal. Who else but you could hook him up like that?” I doubt Lithari would want to hear you been dealin’ with the guy who opened a Rift and brought through a demon to wipe out the town.”

Jonas pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

Egil mistaking frustration with admission, leaned in closer.

“Look Mr. Trent, I don’t want to make things harder than they need to be. See, the CS boys flew in with their fancy power armor and fired a few missiles when the Nameless had things perfectly under control. Now they think they are going to use that to influence Lithari to side with them and make this a CS town. You don’t want that. I don’t want that. Nobody wants that.”

“And?”

“And? And! Come one man, keep up! You need to talk to Lithari and make sure that don’t happen. And also let me take a look at what you got comin’ up and down the river.”

Jonas sighed again and motioned the psi-stalker to a back storage room.
    Jarvis Ursus
    Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek and Company hung out at the rift until it closed and then found themselves back across the river or up the river at the slave camp of Symon the Very Dead. Taking the time to clean up camp and organize themselves and straighten up their surroundings, AwkTek did take a break and let Zima and the Nameless know of his location.

In talking with, Churguss, Rithog, Yrludoath, and Xizzai (the remaining Shock Dragons), AwkTek describes the situation in Rifts Earth.

"This world used to be very different. The ley lines were dormant and the rifts virtually non-existent. Species like the Demon Car'thul and even us the dragons were not even here. Well the rifts came along and changed the face of this entire planet."

"While us, the dragons, are more common, we are still not excepted. We are hunted to extinction by some. Others hunt us for glory. Still others would enslave us. As much as our nature directs us to be solitary and alone, our survival here requires us to stay together and to look out for one another."

"In order to avoid or prolong the final death, we must each be able to prove our worth and value to those we meet and will interact with. I will teach you to speak the languages of those we interact with. Use caution in your actions. Ask about the things you do not know. Think first and ask second and when those produce no answers, wait and observe."

AwkTek gets the feeling that even though they are much more experienced and skilled, that a lot of what they will do in this world, depends on what he can help them learn or discover about themselves.

In the days following, AwkTek teaches a few pointers on tactics and using stealth. Sending the Strike Dragons up in pairs, he has them flying recon over and around the areas of Garnet Town. Information is relayed back to AwkTek and he in turn uses the equipment at camp to send information to Zima and the Nameless. If he can convince the Professor to come out and screen and test the Crew, AwkTek would likely list the additional aptitudes and skills of the Flight Wing and begin helping them to hone their abilities.
    Architect
    Quick Stats _
    Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
    Weapons
    Weapons On Hand _
    Claws
    Teeth
    Flaming Great Sword
    Powers
    Available Powers _
    Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
    Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
    AwkTek
    AwkTech -
    Signature Block
    Zima

Post by Zima »

Boom-gun stowed, Tanya followed the Bop into Garnet town. This could get ugly, she thought as she spied the CS troops. Unsurprising that all eyes were suddenly on the Glitter Boy--it tended to have that effect. But what to do with their attention now that she had it? Somehow managing to keep her voice from showing more emotion than mild annoyance, Tanya keyed her loudspeaker.

"Lieutenant Beehan. Late to work, early to payday, is that how the Coalition does it? I can see why so many people overlook their flaws as an employer."

It was a gamble, without a doubt, especially since with four SAMAS suits, the Coalition was, in fact, here in force, whether the people of Garnet Town wanted them or not. All she could hope for was to expose how they were trying to sneak in the back door.
    Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
    Whisper

Post by Whisper »

The moment Whisper spots Coalition armor, she vanishes. Shadows seem to stretch across the ground, out of the BoP and everything else near her. The shadows swallow her up in all her borrowed, man's clothes and dissipate, leaving nothing behind.

"Coalition making moves here," her voice murmurs, just audibly to Radcliffe and Chevy and Tanya. "No wonder Symon was so worked up. These people had better hope they don't set up shop here. The Federation wouldn't tolerate a staging area so close...and collateral damage isn't something that gives them pause."

Spellcasting (Shadow Meld): [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
    hobo joe
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

• Date & Time:12:00p (Fortification done!) Date:??
    • Ley Line Activity: Near ley line
    • Weather: Sunny, 60 degrees F.
    • Visibility: Good, light clouds, moderate windy gusts
    Ilustrative Map
    Map Key
    Detailed Map

LOOK UPON ME I AM THE BEAST (everyone!)
    Day One
    Returning to town immediately after the fight isn't quite a hero's welcome. The Coalition are fairly well behaved, listening to Beehan and holding fire, even though there is a dragon in the area. Whisper vanishes at the sight of the skull heads. From her hiding spot in the shadows, she can listen to the conversation. Still fascist bastards with genocidal dreams, there is no immediate confrontation between the newcomers and the Coalition. That doesn't happen often.

When Zima addresses the Lieutenant, he doesn't take offense to her jibe, nor does he jest in return. "Yes, ma'am, we indeed did show up later than we had hoped. I hope we were helpful though, the situation was dire according to the squad leader's report." The CS officer seems resigned to defeat actually, this was their last hope to score some points with these people. And they very well may have. Where Symon tried to dominate and ultimately destroy the small town, Beehan showed a surprisingly rational side of the Coalition. Except for those pesky things about driving out or killing non-humans and demonizing and expelling magic users, his deal wasn't that bad.

However, between Adam and Zima, Beehan never had a chance. Everyone idolizes a Glitter Boy pilot, and Zima is even more charismatic than most. Her cheerful demeanor contrasts sharply with the CS rep's continually stern expression. Adam and Zima both have a strong grasp on the historical parallels to this sort of "deal". Adam especially acts as the Tomorrow Legion's rep, and the deal he presents is much different from either the CS or Symon. Combined with their valiant actions, the town's vote is almost unanimously for the Tomorrow Legion. Beehan agrees to move his forces out in the morning.

Egil was correct in his guess that Von was not supposed to talk to the crazy vampire monster guy (his words, who knows what was actually said), but Von also wasn't supposed to go out chasing Brodkil. So when he sees Egil remove himself from the town square, Von hops off the roof and chases Egil. He shouts, "Hey! Wait up!"

Palling around with his new minions, Awktek has a horrifying realization: these poor beings do not have wings!! As the first day with them draws on, he begins to notice disturbing tendencies too. The casually kill any plants or animals that are within reach, either hewing it down with a magic sword, or using their other special abilities. The are disciplined and at this point listen to Awktek, but their view of the world tends to be about domination or servitude, killing or being killed, death of one's self or death of the other. In other words, their view is black and white. Violence seems to be their basic instinct.

Most of the townsfolk are occupied out in the fields or building the defensive wall around the town. Adam enlists Zima's military knowledge to help ensure it's not just historically accurate, but functional for today's battlefield as well.

Day Two
    Egil's creepy nightmare antics are noticed and there is a buzz around town of a baby stealing phantom. Von hassles Egil any chance he can. Egil learns that the boy will listen to anything the 'stalker has to say, until he gets restless after about five minutes, then he bounces away. After shaking the kid, Egil's scrounging takes him back to the brodkil camp. Digging through the remains of the lead brodkil's tent, and digging is almost literal, since the amount of filth and debris is disgusting, he finds a cred chip! It's a tidy sum too.

After his first full day of "training", Awktek finds this boys are getting a bit restless. Apparently he isn't abusing them enough to keep them docile, and they haven't been unleashed to slaughter anything. They are competent foot soldiers, with adequate skill in fighting and other physical activities, stealth among them. They are not dumb, but they value their strength above all else. And they are very very strong. Stronger than any human, and stronger than many borgs and other other supernatural creatures. He also discovers that they are never given technological weapons, they are very comfortable with them and will loot a battlefield to acquire higher tech.

Zima and Adam continue in their role as emissaries and hash out the details of the agreement. Trade deals, protection, education, and other topics are discussed. Lithari is a shrewd negotiator and, now that her townsfolk are safe, is able to have a conversation while not desperate and caught between two untenable options.

The wall continues to grow. Beehan and his troops leave as agreed.

Whisper finds herself in a bucolic farm town, a diversity of peoples and no one actively hunting her. At some point, she is able to get to the cabin and retrieve her stuff. There are reminders all over that small structure of Symon's cruelty and malevolence. It seems like she was not the first prisoner, and that the shifter had been using this as a staging ground for magic at the nexus for some time. She found scraps of notes for summoning or controlling such things like daemonix, deevils, demons and more she does not recognize.

Day Three
    Egil bursts in on the miller, the tall man jumps from his seat and spills his coffee. "What do YOU want!" he bellows, coffee streaming downs his bushy beard. He calms slightly when Egil claims he's there for business. Trent sits back down, and the conversation gets crazy, a little.

When Egil is looking over the limited wares in the storage room, not even barely concealed, just sitting out there, Trent says, "Look, truth is, I did set Symon up with Strickland, but that's just what my job is you know? If some horn-headed creep comes up from the Feds and says 'I need a bot', I look in my book and say sure, I got one. Strickland, he ain't a bad dude, you know. If he'd known that dickhead he was working for wanted to summon a demon and kill everyone, he wouldn't taken the contract. Not for what Symon was paying anyway. I'm glad you guys showed up though. Really. I got a nice cozy gig here." But he takes on the real conspiratorial tone when he leans in closer and half whispers, "I got nothing against white people like you, mind you, but that shadowy girl is something, get her to come round here okay?"

Something had to be done, the shock dragons were definitely getting restless. Awktek gets a small reprieve though, while out on one his training patrols away from the town, his group comes across a pack of ostrasaurus. Before Awktek can say yea or nay, the shock dragons are off. They attack with strategy, culling out weaker victims from the heard and others bringing them down. In a few minutes they have killed two of the dinosaurs and greedily eating them.

Zima spends a lot of time being a hero. Lots of people want to buy her a drink, have her over for dinner, talk her ear off or otherwise be her friend. She has some work on the wall to do, but mostly, she's on her own.

Whisper is in a similar situation, though she is definitely trying to keep a lower profile (that's just her nature, right?). Still she is way more of an exotic dbee than anyone in Garnet Town has seen. The miller seems particularly interested.

Day Four
    The only person willing to buy Egil a drink is the miller.

The miller wants to buy Whisper a drink too, if he can find her.

Zima doesn't have to pay for a thing.

Chevy and Adam are no where to be seen.

Awktek has a problem, the shock dragons are restless and want to fight or hunt. They are barely listening to the young dragon. They have taken to ranging out in groups of two to look for prey or a fight.

Day Five
    Word has come through, one way or another, that Adam will stay for a while and be the Legion's rep in Garnet Town. "His" wall gets completed as well. It's not Chi-town or Merctown, but it's Garnet Town and it now has a real defensive barrier around it.

So that means that Zima, Chevy, Egil and Awktek are the remaining legion members, will they invite Whisper along? Will she go?

Awktek also has a difficult decision: what does he do with his shock dragons?

What are you doing?
    Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
    Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
    When the team returns back from the the rift, Chevy remains quite, letting the Prof and Zima to take the spotlight. He's uncomfortable dealing with Coalition forces other then over the sights of his rifle, and figures the two can achieve much better diplomatic result, albeit not as satisfactory.

In the next few days, Chevy stays in the ATV parked out of the way, inventorying stores and ammo used in the battle for replenishment once they return to Legion HQ. He is never seen without helmet and armor outside of the vehicle. He is simultaneously relieved and disappointed at not seeing Whisper around.
    Chevy
    Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek is not entirely certain what more he could do for the half-breeds. Disappointed with efforts to recondition them, he settles on a plan.

Early on Day 6, AwkTek wakes the dragons up by shouting very loudly in Dragonese. The old Brodkil camp erupts in startles and exclamations as AwkTek is flying and stomping and flying stomping all over the camp.
    Pissed Dragon
    "Which one of you half-wits took off with my bracers?"
    The shock dragons stare in disbelief as the fine trophy AwkTek had claimed for himself after fighting Gar'thul are indeed missing. More shouting and screams in Dragonese as they begin fighting amongst themselves.

"Check Rithog's stash. I know he has been hiding things from me." AwkTek follows behind the other three dragons as they approach Rithog and his stash. His flaming great sword drawn but not alight.
    Three on One
    • Spell or Blade
      • Churguss - Psionics 3, Miss Fire
      • Psionics [dice]0[/dice]
      • Wild Psionics [dice]1[/dice]
      • PPE: 6
      • Psychic Blast Damage [dice]2[/dice] MDC, LBT
      • Yrludoath - Fighting Crit Fail, Damage 31 MDC
      • Fighting [dice]3[/dice]
      • Wild Fighting [dice]4[/dice]
      • Sword Damage [dice]5[/dice] + [dice]6[/dice] (+1 Strength)
      • Aced Strength Damage [dice]14[/dice]
      • Xizzai - Psionics 7, success, 4 MD damage
      • Psionics [dice]7[/dice]
      • Wild Psionics [dice]8[/dice]
      • Psychic Blast Damage [dice]9[/dice] MDC, LBT
    Rithog Defends
    • Fighting 5, success, Damage 38 MDC
    • Fighting [dice]10[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]11[/dice]
    • Sword Damage [dice]12[/dice] + [dice]13[/dice] (+1 Strength)
    • Aced Strength Damage [dice]15[/dice]
    • Aced Sword Damage [dice]16[/dice]
    Dragons Die
    • Psionics First - All saved
      • Rithog vs Xizzai's Psionics
      • Agility [dice]17[/dice]
      • Wild [dice]18[/dice]
      • Yrludoath vs Xizzai's Psionics
      • Agility [dice]19[/dice]
      • Wild [dice]20[/dice]
      • Churguss vs Xizzai's Psionics
      • Agility [dice]21[/dice]
      • Wild [dice]22[/dice]
    Yrludoath brought his sword forward in a an overhead arking swing. His pause to strike allowed Churguss on his left and Xizzai on his right to move forward to pinch Rithog. As Yrludoath's blade came down he lost all sense of martial prowess and cleaved into Xizzai as Xizzai's Psychic Blast dribbled over the other shock dragons. Completely unprepared for fratrecide Xizzai crumpled to the ground, actually cleaved in two from right shoulder down to left hip.

Yrludoath's sword was firmly imbedded in Xizzai and as he struggled with it, Rithog stepped into him and lopped off his head and toppled Yrludoath and Xizzai over on top of each other. Two shock dragons remained and they were now both staring at each other. Neither of them noticed AwkTek close by with his flaming sword.
    Churguss and Rithog
    • Spell or Blade
      • Churguss - Psionics 5, Damage 10
      • Psionics [dice]23[/dice]
      • Wild Psionics [dice]24[/dice]
      • Psychic Blast Damage [dice]25[/dice] MDC, LBT
      • Rithog - Fighting 4, Damage 14
      • Fighting [dice]26[/dice]
      • Wild Fighting [dice]27[/dice]
      • Sword Damage [dice]28[/dice] + [dice]29[/dice] (+1 Strength)
    Rithog and Churguss continue to spar over the mess that was Rithog's stash. They move away and several paces off from the destruction of the other two shock dragons. AwkTek steps over to the stash of Xizzai and lifts from it his bracers. Yelling over the whoosh of Rithog's blade and the hiss and sizzle of Churguss's spells, "Whoa boys, whoa. Look what was among Xizzai's stash." Holding up the bracers.

As the two look AwkTek's direction and see the Enchanted Demon Bracers, they stop to catch their breath. "You boys were quick to act without all the facts."

Putting the bracers back on, standing back on his back legs and leaning on the flaming great sword, AwkTek stares at them both. "You boys can't stay here. You are dangerous and trained killers. Before I send you off though," AwkTek points across the river going Northeast, "Remember to gather the facts and study the situation. Things are never what they appear to be. Now go before I send my white skinned friend to eat your hearts out and suck the rest of you dry."

"The Federation of Magic lays across the river. Over there will be many worthy challenges for the likes of both of you."

Stepping up close to each of them, he breathes of each of them deeply. "I know your smell. I know your names. You ever cross my path or give me reason to hunt you, the final death will never come. Now go!"

They each grab their bundled stashes and make haste across the river as AwkTek hacks open the bodies of the slain shock dragons and then incenerates the bodies before Rithog and Churguss have lef the camp.

Later that morning, when and if the Legion comes to look in on him, AwkTek is nervous and a bit paranoid.
    Architect
    Quick Stats _
    Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
    Weapons
    Weapons On Hand _
    Claws
    Teeth
    Flaming Great Sword
    Powers
    Available Powers _
    Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
    Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
    AwkTek
    AwkTech -
    Signature Block
    Radecliffe
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Once the crisis with the Demon, the Rift and last but not least the CS Troops are finally taken care of Adam removes himself from the others for a few days in order to think things over. While he appreciated the debt he owed the Legion for saving his life he just could not accept that blowing things up from the back of an ATV was the best way to go about it. He was a scholar and a teacher and it was time he got back too it.

By the time Adam resurfaced the townsfolk were nearing the completion of their defensive wall. He took some pride in that wall. He had learned a lot about the practicalities of engineering that you could not learn simply from books. He looked forward to expanding on that newfound knowledge in the future. There is a lot that I could learn here I think and a lot I could teach these people too. They have an excellent location for trading located right on the river like this.

Tracking down Lithari Adam makes his proposal to not just stay as the liaison but also to open a school as well. It is an easy sell and soon the two of them were scouting locations inside the wall to build a new school building. Keeping in mind his last experience he made sure that the location would be well protected in the lee of the wall and made a note to ensure that a proper evacuation tunnel would also be built as soon as feasible.

He makes arrangements with one of the locals for lodging until the school is built and clears his gear out of the BoP. When the time comes he says his goodbyes to his former teammates. "I really appreciate my time with you folks but soldiering just isn't my calling. I think I can do more being the eyes and ears for the Legion in this area. The town could use someone who's been in a fight or two just in case more bandits decide to make trouble around here. I may not have Zima's head for tactics but I guess I'm better than nothing. You guys take care of yourselves. Try to take it easy on my replacement."
    Radecliffe

Skills

Zima

Post by Zima »

Job well done--and yet, in another sense, only begun--Tanya was all too happy to see the backs of the CS troops. They weren't at their most sinister, thankfully--but always a complication.

With the Professor's help, she hammered out an arrangement with Lithari--a fair one. Maybe not perfect for either side, but workable and profitable. And most importantly, one that left Garnet Town free. In addition to listening to random folks, being invited to dinner--and fending off advances here and there--she spent a lot of time parading her Glitter Boy about the town or just standing it in the square and letting the kids--and some adults--get a look at the thing. She got very practiced at telling the story of how she came by it.

As Radcliffe came to his decision, Tanya found time for a last drink together. "We will stop by as often as we are in the neighborhood, yes? I ... might perhaps have some raw material for you to build a library--or at least a good study."

When she found time, of course, there was one other matter. The mysterious, dusky-skinned lady they'd picked up in the fight with Symon and Gar'Thul ...
    Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
    Jarvis Ursus
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Permanent Effects: +2 Notice and Tracking, Uncanny Reflexes -2 to hit, +2 Shooting
    Egil pays no attention to the Coalition the brief time they are in town. He figures the situation would sort itself out based on his ingenious sleuthing and the sheer awesomeness of the Nameless. During one of his talks with Vonn, he asks the boy to write him a note. Vonn giggles as he is told what to write, but completes the task nonetheless. He walks away shaking his head and says over his shoulder,

“I hope it works out for him.”

When it’s finally time to saddle up and all of Garnet Town has gathered to wish the Nameless off, the psi-stalker approaches Whisper with the note and hands it to her. He turns to Jonas and gives two big thumbs up and a knowing nod and wink. The note reads:
    OOC Comments
    To: Hot Reverse Psi-Stalker

Do you like me? Circle yes or no.

Yes

No

The Miller turns beet red as he realizes what is happening, but Egil doesn’t even notice. He moves to stand right in front of Radcliffe. There is an uncomfortable moment as the psi-stalker stands perfectly still in a way that just augments his predatory nature. Just as Radcliffe is about to open his mouth to say something, Egil moves in and grabs him in a bear hug. Again, it lasts a little longer than what is comfortable. Finally the psi-stalker breaks away and says,

“Doc, take it easy--and if it’s easy take it twice. And don’t let the flesh eating demon babies bite.”

Egil then bounds up and into the bop waving to the inhabitants to Garnet town he calls,

“Stay soft, pink, and oily, Garnet Town!”

….and then slams the door.

“Let’s make like a tree and get the flock out of here, Chevy.”
    Jarvis Ursus
    Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Whisper was as elusive, yet omni-present, as her namesake in Garnet Town. She was gone the day after their arrival, and just when it seemed as if she may have just departed on her own, she sauntered into town clad in a suit of armor composed of a few plates that hugged her form and some kind of thin, clingy mail of incredibly fine make...all of it lacquered in shades of charcoal grey and black. Slung behind her back was a laser rifle, at her hip was a heavy pistol of some kind, or perhaps a machine pistol. Around her brow was a circlet of twined gold and platinum, curling around a ruby set just over her forehead; the bright red setting off against the midnight hue of her skin rather impressively.

From then on the d-bee sorceress started turning up maybe an hour after sunset. She had an uncanny way of appearing whenever and wherever her name was spoken aloud, simply stepping out of a spot one could have sworn was empty a moment ago as if she'd been there all along. And yet, with all the moving around she must have been doing, one never really saw her moving from one place to another.

She met the miller more than once, though never quite as often as he'd like. There was a method to the madness as she gently turned his advances down, while subtly leading him on...here was a man who had some connections, after all. If some flirting and some mutual enlightened self-interest could get her into that network of contacts, it was a price well worth paying!

In particular Whisper seemed to hang around her saviors, the men and women of the Tomorrow Legion...though not always where they could see her. Observing people when they thought themselves unobserved was the best way to know them, she believed. But after a few days, none of them had exposed ill-will or nefarious schemes towards herself, or anyone else for that matter, and more and more she let herself be seen.

Even then, she rarely said much...preferring to watch and listen and learn. She learned a great deal.

Egil, for example. The psi-stalker. Whisper was very cautious indeed around that one, and didn't shadow him around the way she did some of the others. They weren't close enough to a ley line here to foul his senses, and she didn't care to test the limits of his self control. Whisper was a walking cauldron of PPE, constantly seething under her skin. When she wasn't using it, the power leaked from her skin and hair in a thin vapor that rose off of her like a black mist. She had no idea if a psi-stalker could detect the difference between herself and any other practitioner of magic, or how he'd react, so she kept her distance from him for now.

Chevy, of course. The 'quick-flex.' He was many things she didn't have much experience with; charmingly earnest, boyishly naive, adorably awkward and shy. The Federation destroyed men like him, either literally or by forcing them to harden and become ruthless. It quickly became something of a past-time for her to let him catch glimpses of her from time to time, just to see that momentary change in his expression. It was a pity, she thought, that he'd never last for long. Even outside the Federation, the world was harsh enough to grind those soft edges to something sharper. That it hadn't happened yet was kind of amazing.

Then there was Adam, a man of learning. The medic who'd saved her from her injuries at the sword of the demonic creature Symon had summoned. No, she mused, saved her from the injuries she'd inflicted on herself out of her own overconfidence. An interesting fellow. Of all of them, he was the one she thought would be the most interesting to sit down with and talk to. While she'd learned much of magic in her indenture to the Federation, there'd been precious little time for anything else. The world was a deeper, wider place than that, and Whisper felt Adam could teach her much of it. A pity he'd decided to stay in Garnet Town. She had no intention of putting roots down there. It was far too close to the Federation, and far too likely to be engulfed in cataclysm when the Coalition finally made its move.

Awk-Tek, the somewhat oddly-named dragon hatchling whom Whisper saw exemplifying the limits of supernatural intelligence versus his own dramatic inexperience. To have taken those creatures under his wing, so to speak, had always been a terrible idea. And then setting them loose? They would be doing a great deal of damage before someone managed to put them down. Interesting too how no one in the team confronted him over it. Were they afraid to? Did they not care? Or perhaps they felt he was best served by learning his own lessons in his own time, without interference? She wondered how the dragon felt about that lack of guidance.

And Tanya. The lady of the hour. She was strikingly pretty and had an easy way with people that Whisper found herself rather envying. It would have been easy to resent her, perhaps, but the possibilities were too great. The armor was a perfect complement to Whisper's own powers for example. It was giant and loud and impossible to miss, visually. The moment anyone saw it, it would become the prime target. That meant all eyes were off of herself. Not to mention lasers were less effective against it, meaning enemies would be likely to switch to something else...and that suited Whisper just fine. Yes, cultivating a good relationship with Zima would definitely be a wise choice.

Her instincts, cultivated through a life surviving in the hyper-competitive climate of the Federation of Magic, demanded that she choose perhaps two of them, and cleave them away from the others...redirecting their loyalty to herself. But that was their way. The way of the black mages she'd fought her way clear of. In the Federation, you dominated or were dominated. If she brought that with her now, she'd never be free of the Federation, no matter how far she ran. Even if she never saw another magi again, she would never escape it.

That simply wouldn't do.

So when Egil bounded to the BoP, the others not far behind, he encountered Whisper already inside glancing up at him with her perpetually-slightly-amused eyes.

"You weren't going to leave me behind, were you? Now that you're a man down?"
    Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
    Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice] Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
    Chevy receives the news of Radecliffe's decision with equanimity. "Sorry to lose you, Prof. You're a good hand at the controls. But I respect what you're trying to do. Stay frosty."

On hearing Whisper's words at their departure, Chevy is surprised at the burst of excitement that flashes across his mind. Oh, for frag's sake. She's, like, the last person I could confide in. It's bad enough keeping the others from finding out.

He nods brusquely at Whipser as she enters the Bop and sets the vehicle to follow the convoy back to Castle Refuge.
    Chevy
    Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek meets with the Professor before the convoy leaves. As he enters the school under construction, the young boy AwkTek approaches Adam. "Professor, someday I will learn what that title means."

Hefting a radio and an extension antenna into a nook in the wall, "That radio is set for the Refuge frequency. Need anything, just call me."

AwkTek walks the construction and with an odd red stick, he marks squares with "X"s and draws arrows towards the walls. "Follow these schematics to run electricity in the school."

Stepping onto the stoop outside the soon-to-be school, AwkTek turns and hugs the Professor. "Thanks for everything."

Releasing the Professor, right before he passes out, AwkTek climbs the Glitter Boy and sits atop its right shoulder. "This should make all the kids in Garnet Town jealous, don't you think?" And AwkTek places some very strong but small hands on the Glitter Boy's surface riding on its shoulder until they are clear of Garnet Town visuals.

Whenthey can no longer see Garnet Town AwkTek swan dives from off the top of the Glitter Boy's shoulder and transforms into the Flaming Red Dragon sitting fifty feet in front of Zima and the Glitter boy.. "Zima. Permission to scout from the sky?"
    Architect
    Quick Stats _
    Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
    Weapons
    Weapons On Hand _
    Claws
    Teeth
    Flaming Great Sword
    Powers
    Available Powers _
    Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
    Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
    AwkTek
    AwkTech -
    Signature Block
    hobo joe
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

THEY PICK UP EVERY LOSER

Garnet Town was maybe not saved forever, but they are left with confidence to defend themselves. The loss of the professor is a sad note for the newly formed Legion group. It remains to be seen how the new recruit will fit in. The town, Lithari but especially Von are sad to see the rest of the team ride off into the sunset. The miller, maybe a little less so then the others. Still, even he has respect of the Nameless. They didn't ruin his business or get all high and mighty with him. The wall is sturdy. The true colors of the Federation were laid bare for all to see. The Coalition left without conflict.

What was the Nameless' next stop where do they go from here? As members of a Special Exploratory Team they have a great deal of autonomy. Where will they go from here?

Thread closed!

INTERLUDE TOPIC HERE!

Return to “Adventure Archive”