Slug Goop Dramatic Interludes

Beowulf85
Game Master

Slug Goop Dramatic Interludes

Post by Beowulf85 »

This topic is specifically for your slug goop dramatic interludes. Please keep other RPing in the current forum.
Post a dramatic interlude here once you have determined how your character might help.
Assume that, in total, it takes about three weeks for Spellweaver to solve this problem given whatever assistance or research players are able to invent for him. The various dramatic interludes will take place during this time as appropriate.
GM Universal Bennies: 2
Ulrich

Re: Slug Goop Dramatic Interludes

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich sits in the cockpit of the Gepanzerter Skorpion with the green glow of the sensors illuminating the cramped space. A buzzing sound fills the air as a blinking VR screen appears. Ulrich taps the screen to answer the call. A 3D image of a old friend from the New German Republic appears.

"Heeeeey Ulrich hozit going?"
The large gruff looking vaguely human face lit up with a smile as it's deep voice could finally be heard. Hans is a Jotan who happens to be a technowizard. Although not any more intelligent than humans the Jotan have a knack for building things that boarders to an almost supernatural level.

"Guten tag mein friend. Iz goot to see you again. How longk haz it been?" Ulrich shoots a smile as Hans laughed a short laugh and replied... "Only about 4 or 5 years. I understand that for humans that can be considered quite some time though. When I received the message it intrigued me. Rainbow slug residue with chaotic gravatic consequences? That sounds like a fun puzzle to solve." Hanz leans close with a sly smile. "This repays the debt to you right?"

Ulrich laughs "You never owned me anythingk mein friend. Vith all zhat ve haf been through zhere vas no vay I vas goingk to let the NGR get a hold uf your family. Zhey mean vell but only if you are human. The giant folk are not treated too goot by zhem und zhe damn Gargoyle kingdom only reinforces zhere bigoted beliefs. Smugglingk zhem over here vas zhe right thing to do."

Hans nods as Ulrich thinks back to the old days of the settlement before the gargoyle and NGR war spilled over to their peaceful town. Hans had taught him everything he knows about mechanics and then some. Ulrich could never truly repay him for all the knowledge that was passed to him but they always did what they could to help one another in tight situations.

"I should be arriving in about 4 hours or so. and am still driving the modified Mk2 Mountaineer" Hans chuckles "I finally finished all the technowizard upgrades on it. Anyway, looking forward to seeing you again Ulrich."

Ulrich nods "Likevise mein friend, likevise." Ulrich signs off and hits the personal com of Spellweaver to notify him of Hans' ETA.
Last edited by Ulrich on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich's voice crackles over Spellweaver's personal coms.

"Mr Spellweaver, I called an old friend to come an assist you in your research. His name is Hans and he should be here in about 4 hours or so arriving in a Mk2 Mountaineer. He is a Jotun technowizard. Vill zhis be uf help vith your research sir?"
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Egil listens to the discussions and watches his companions go off to see what they can do about the slug goop.

Dunno what the big deal is, just wash the stuff off. Easy peasy.

Egil’s stomach grumbled.

Well...why the hell not?

Egil wandered back to the vehicle bay that was thankfully still empty. Casually walking over to the ‘Bop, he inhales deeply.

Detect Arcana [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Interesting..

Egil reaches out and touches the ‘Bop. After a few seconds, he withdraws his hands and proceeds to lick his fingers one by one.

“Huh. Not Bad”

Egil looks around, makes sure no one is looking and then proceeds to grind up against the vehicle in a way that is less than appropriate.

“Oh yeah, you dirty, dirty, ‘Bop. Yeah, you like it, don’t you. Sooo good...I’ll show you a blown speaker….Oh yeah…”

“What. Are. You. DOING?!”

Egil nearly jumps out of his skin. Leaping backwards into a backflip and landing with gun drawn he nearly shoot Terra right between the eyes.

“ I...uhh.”

“No. Just no. I don’t want to even hear it. Get out of my garage. Get out now. Don’t come back unless Chevy is with you. What is wrong with you? Wait, don’t even answer. Just go. Go now.”

Egil smiles sheepishly slightly embarrassed, but giddy that he made someone else equally if not more uncomfortable.

“Yes, Sir. I mean Ma’am. Err...yeah, I’m going.”

Stuff was good though, totally worth it.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Chevy settles himself in the worn workbench and peers through the magnifier at the set of broken eyeglass frames. The workshop is one of the many nestled within the Castle, and the one he's found a spot in has the kind of tools that will do the job.

Until the slug goop gets cleared off his precious ride, there is little he can do in terms of repairing the Bop, and magic is way out of his area of expertise, so he's chosen to stay out of the way until the issue gets resolved. Besides, he's feeling somewhat uncomfortable about being anywhere near Terra right now.

He studies the spectacles, evaluating the extent of the damage and working out the best solution for bringing them back to usefulness. It's the least he can do in payment for Paula's help with setting things right (Ms. Michaelson, he corrects mentally; he's not sure of the rules regarding chumming up with Council staff).

"I see things like this all the time," she'd said. Chevy hadn't; most of his dealings with folks had been strictly business-like. You traded goods, you purchased equipment, you haggled over prices, you kept a hand near your weapons at all times. Pretty straightforward.

He'd generally avoided anything as convoluted as a relationship. To survive, you need to stay mobile, and too much baggage, physical or emotional, iss just ballast that can slow you down, or worse, make you vulnerable. Best to keep things simple.

Repair: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

The cracked plastic can be heated up and remolded, he's sure. He can maybe even get some raw material to strengthen the mold. Replacing the broken pins will be the toughest part; manufacturing tiny parts requires patience and finesse, but Chevy has plenty of that. Well, okay, one more than the other, but enough to get this done right. His mouth quirks with a smile at the thought of seeing Paula's (Ms. Michaelson's!) face when she sees the finished product.

Her voice wanders across his memory again. "Terra was probably just curious anyway, you know what they say about Quick-Flex..."

He stops short. What did she mean by that? What do they say about Quick-Flex?
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

What you've got
  • Visceral, adult dragon (statted in the Guild of the Gifted, Outskirts section of the board)
    Potentially relevant skills include:
    Investigation d8 [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]

Knowledge (Arcana) d10 [dice]2[/dice]
    [dice]3[/dice]

Knowledge (History) d8 [dice]4[/dice]
    [dice]5[/dice]

Knowledge (Megaverse®) d8 [dice]6[/dice]
    [dice]7[/dice]

Notice d10 [dice]8[/dice]
    [dice]9[/dice]

Persuasion d8 [dice]10[/dice]
    [dice]11[/dice]

Spellcasting d10 [dice]12[/dice]
    [dice]13[/dice]
  • A Jotan (giant found on P. 95-96 of conversion book 1, highly gifted when it comes to being a TW, well over 100 years old so highly experienced)
    Potentially relevant skills include:
    Investigation d8 [dice]14[/dice]
    [dice]15[/dice] (ace)
    [dice]24[/dice]

Knowledge (Arcana) d10 [dice]16[/dice]
    [dice]17[/dice]

Knowledge (Engineering) d10 [dice]18[/dice]
    [dice]19[/dice]

Knowledge (Science) d10 [dice]20[/dice] (ace)
    [dice]25[/dice]
    [dice]21[/dice]

TechnoWizardry d12+1 [dice]22[/dice]
    [dice]23[/dice](ace)
    [dice]26[/dice](ace)
    [dice]27[/dice]
It'll take approximately three weeks to solve the problem. Each of them can use one of the rolled skills per week either independently of you, or to add a bonus to your roll as per cooperative rolls in SWD P. 71 (+1 per success and raise, up to +4)
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

By the time Hans arrives Visceral and Spellweaver have already been at work investigating the curious magical stains for a few days. The initial research revolved around trying to determine how to control or remove them and, while the two are skilled in their own right, the research hits a number of dead ends. In order to accurately identify what the stuff is they need some kind of a lead, but try as they might they just can't get it to activate again. The frustration in the air is palpable as neither Spellweaver nor Visceral seem to be able to make any real progress.

That changes almost the moment Hans arrives. He introduces himself with a handshake and a laugh and immediately begins to unload his own tools and drinks, he brought a couple of aged barrels of some kind of family recipe for alcohol. There is an immediate, if mild reaction as the stains start to glow and the Bop creaks up on its shock absorbers. The APC doesn't lift straight off the ground, but the chassis does visibly rise a few inches. In celebration for the immediate progress the Jotan starts passing around his home made brew for a toast.

From that point on the stains sems to fluctuate, but determining why seems tricky. None the less the trio remains hopeful. Even so, the fluctuations seem like a joke. Any time the trio is hard at work trying to determine the cause for the fluctuations the glow seems to be at its dimmest. Inevitably, whenever they take a break the stains glow brighter at which point they cut their break short, snap back to work, and the glow all but disappears. After a while this grows almost as frustrating as when there was no progress at all.

A week and a half in both Spellweaver and Hans have about had enough of the absurdity of it all. That evening Hans cracks in to his second barrel, some sweeter tasting stuff. "It reminds me of my childhood!" Visceral remarks, "I don't think I've had this for thousands of years. Not since I was exploring the three galaxies on my own." She goes on to reccount some of the misadventures a baby dragon could manage to get in to in pre-rifts New York City. By all her accountings it was a wonderous place with many ways a baby dragon could amuse herself, but among the best features of the city was the food. It seemed that every street had another small cafe or eatery advertising 'the best' or 'the oldest' of some kind of food or drink in the city, and she wanted to try them all. The story telling goes on for hours as the three enjoy the drinks and manage to forget about thier work.

By one AM Visceral is wrapping up her latest anecdote and has drawn a small audience, "And it wasn't until three years later that I realized I was supposed to take the peanut butter out of the jar before eating it, I thought when it said 'crunchy' they were advertising the glass!" The conclusion is met with applause and laughter from the gathered Legionaires, and the APC, Glitter Boy, and armor lift right off the ground. There's a metallic CLANK as the chains holding them down are fully extended. The laughter dies as people realize the things are trying to float away, but as the laughter dies the objects float themselves back down to the ground.

The crowd looks on in somewhat stunned silence until Spellweaver interjects, "does anyone know any good jokes?" All eyes turn to him, perplexed, until a little girl in the crowd speaks up.

"What do and elephant and a grape have in common?..." She pauses for a moment, barely containing her laughter, "ONE OF THEM IS PURPLE!" At which point her laughter errupts. It might be the hour of the night, the alcohol, or mayber the gathered crowd just thinks her joke is funny, but everyone starts laughing again. Sure enough the stained objects start floating until the laughter dies.

The next day the trio spend the better part of the morning confirming the theory that the slug stains respond to emotional stimulation. All three of the magic practioners has heard of emotionally based magics but none have actively pursued that branch of study. Though the invocations can be unbelievably powerful they can also be nigh impossible to control as they are fueled by emotions. It doesn't take long to determine that the happier people around the stains are, the greater the effect. The stains only seem to respond to happiness.

Once the theory is reasonably confirmed the trio split up to gather the information and resources they need in order to treat the stains. Using the nexus point below the castle they are able to gain relatively quick access to a number of different libraries both on and off planet. One more week of fervent research and they have found a treatment, allowing them to dessecate the substance in the stains and collect the resulting magical powder.

While collecing resources, Spellweaver visited a number of lands he wanted to continue to explore. He volunteers to do so at the behest of The Legion and excuses himself with typical elvish fanfare (or lack thereof).

Obtained - Two small pouches of slug powder. A pinch can allow a human sized creature to fly (as per the spell) so long as they think happy thoughts. May also be used to temporarily render objects temporarily weightless.
Architect

Post by Architect »

(I am sorry this is coming in late.)
[ Finally nailed down AwkTek's (2) Minor Hinderances and (1) Major Hinderance that he will acquire over the course of the next couple of missions. ]

Being the New Guy (or Dragon).

The Nameless have had a few changes. People left. People came. AwkTek stayed. He had no where and no one else to go to.

Instinctively he knew that there were other dragons about. Instincts also told him to stay far away. For his own safety and others. Well that kind of forced him back into the arms of the Nameless, which wasn't all bad.

He trusted Uhlrich. Felt safe with Zima and all her Glitter. Chevy. Well Chevy he was trying to befriend. Spellweaver seemed to have disappeared.

The new guys. His vocabulary was lacking but Egil and Seth seemed okay. His scales crawled when he got around Egil. Seth seemed to be constantly fighting himself. Other than that, he was okay with them.

AwkTek stayed near the garages or the barracks for the Nameless, areas he was certain he could manage either form in without destroying things.

He knew that eventually he was going to need to find information to expand his working knowledge of Electronics, Engineering, and the Arcane. Maybe someone in camp knew where to find those kind of things. For now, AwkTek remained the guard dog, er dragon and stayed as near to the members of Nameless as possible. Nothing worse then getting separated from his only source of security.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: None
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00

Bennies: 5/5
Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block

Return to “Adventure Archive”