13.0 Legion Lucky

Pursuit
Game Master

13.0 Legion Lucky

Post by Pursuit »

Conditions

It’s late morning, closing in on lunchtime and the temperature is already in the 80s. It’s going to be a hot one today, and rain clouds are gathering for another downpour. Expect torrential rain in 20 minute increments or so a couple of times a day.

An Anticlimactic Ending (But That's Good)

Thanks to the good work of Deezy, Sierra, Kuikku, Norona, and Conrad, the admin building in town is saved from Lexi Brass’ assortment of explosive devices. It is clear that the resentment between Brass and Ford runs deep, and that there is more to this story than the team knows.

Outside, Sierra sees Brass out of the corner of her eye! She may not be able to catch the woman herself, but it’s not like there is any dearth of people looking for her. Sierra calls out and, just as Brass is about to hop on her hovercycle, the long-haired human the team met when Deezy was accused (and with whom Kuikku sparred only earlier in the day) appears seemingly out of nowhere and punches the fleeing woman.

Lexi Brass goes down in a heap, and the man looks up at Sierra and smiles. “She’ll be out for a while, I think.”

Things Go Bump in the Swamp

Jareb, Toshiro, White Castle and Jameson find a number of interesting facts… some of which would likely have better been left unfound. Those who examine the scene of the crime find plenty of signs of struggle, along with a mix of wolf prints and bare footprints. Ma’arlys has said that the killing blow was caused by some kind of modern weapon, but the site of the attack certainly looks more like an animal attack.

Those who visit the morgue to observe the body find it disturbingly empty . . . and empty of the orderly who was supposed to be on staff.

With a bit of searching (it’s a small place, after all), the orderly can be found, his throat ripped out and his body shoved into a closet. A footprint here or there leads toward the forest, but they have mostly been washed away by the morning’s rainstorm.

Built Ford Tough

When the team re-groups at its facility, it finds Ford, Catherine, Harsion, Jacques (the long-haired human male), and a blonde woman you don’t recognize waiting for you.
Ford's Team
Ford's Team.jpeg
Just imagine Ford older and Hardison as Harsion the Techno-Wizard and all of them wearing swamp-appropriate attire and you're there.
Ford starts, “Well, none of that went quite as planned, did it. Thank you, for disarming those bombs. I know Brass can be petty, but this is extreme, even for her, and a lot of people could’ve been hurt today. I’m not exactly sure how she expected to cover her tracks, but the likeliest guess would be blaming you all. I imagine she meant for you all to be caught in the explosion, but she couldn’t resist rubbing my nose in it first.”

“So, as a token of appreciation, and because the Market always pays its debts, there is a cache of material we keep at a drop outside of town. There’s nothing too exciting in there, but it does contain some basic arms and ammunition, and quite a few components that Harsion here tells me can be very useful in making techno-wizard devices and in souping up other gear. That’s a little outside my wheelhouse, but I take him at his word, and you are welcome to use whatever you find there.”

Ford gives it some thought, before continuing, “Peter of Wright, the cyber-knight that you heard about… he was a friend. We’re not exactly sure what happened to him, but you can bet that if he didn’t come back from the Jungle Castle, it wasn’t likely to be something low-key. If you want any advice, take or leave it, but I would approach this thing cautiously and then use overwhelming force once you get there. Don’t dick around with whatever’s out there, or you won’t be making your way back, either.”

“Now, I know that you all know more about Lincoln’s death, and it frustrates me to no end that you’re keeping something like that a secret; he was a good kid, and I don’t know exactly what Lexi promised him, but I suspect it has to do with Sierra. Maybe you didn’t kill him, but I think you know who did. We’ll keep Lexi in town for a day or two while we wrap some things up, and then we’ll be taking her with us. She’ll face Market justice for what she tried to pull here today, but as long as you don’t kill her, you’re welcome to question her if you like before then.”

With that, Ford and his team leave you to decide what you’d like to do next.

Interludes and Building Stuff

Okay, you have some options, and you may take any or all of them:
  • Roll Out: Roll on two Hero’s Journey tables of your choice (and you may roll a d20 twice and then assign the results to the tables of your choice if you prefer to roll that way) OR roll once on the Fortune and Glory table. If you pick the Hero’s Journey option, you may trade your two rolls for a specific selection, just as if you were doing it at character generation. You may also spend EP to affect these rolls, if that's your thing.
  • Interlude: Post an interlude (3 paragraphs minimum) describing your character’s actions that led to your roll results.
  • Hindrances: If you include a narration of one of one or more of your hindrances in your interlude and how it might impact you on your journey towards the Jungle Castle (or otherwise, if you have a good idea), you may have a bonus Benny. Fair warning: no whining later if I decide to use the material you give me against your character on the trail. That’s what the Benny is for. :)
  • Building: Head over to the workshop forum (here is the link) and get building! The mechanically-minded characters in the group can make use of the materials cache Ford mentioned to build new devices or upgrade old ones. We aren’t going to worry much about the time required to make things (we’re playing a little fast and loose with the downtime), but you do have some parameters:
    1. Post build rolls for everything you make.
    2. You can modify existing gear your character already owns or start something from scratch.
    3. This is all in-character, so everything should have at least some narration (though it need not be much). For an example of how this was done in another game, see this thread: The 1st SET Workshop.
    4. You have up to 1.5 million credits worth of whatever materials you need for this, so take advantage. Once you foray out of town, this cache will be considered cleaned out, so it’s use it or lose it. Be sure to include the cost of your item in your post.
    5. If one of you keeps track of the amount of credits spent and the amount you have left, you can have a bonus Benny for doing the accounting work.

If you have any questions, please reach out before posting. Remember, you are in a hot, wet swamp: there are bugs and oppressive humidity and, even in town, dangers. Make sure you are hitting on those themes, or how your character is dealing with them, in your posts.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Re: 13.0 Legion Lucky

Post by Deezy Klatta »

It was time.

On seeing the contents of the cache, Deezy's heart leapt into her throat for a second. There was a LOT. Enough to finish one of the great works.

The Omniblaster, as amazing as it was, was incomplete. It had always been incomplete. The full design of it was meticulously laid out in Deezy's mind; the brainchild of countless days thinking about what the 'ultimate gun' would be. A weapon that would encourage peace simply by existing; force to the bargaining table the most fearsome warlords, lest it be turned on them. A gun that could blast anything.

Even the rudiments of the design were potent, as the jury-rig she'd done against the shadow beast showed. The full design would be more powerful still.

It surprised no one who knew her that in the days following the recovery of the cache, Deezy simply vanished into the workshop and locked it. Food that was left by the door was sometimes gone when checked next, but just as often it was left to get old. At one point Deezy emerged, covered from head to foot in soot and sweat, her overalls rolled down to her hips and her tank top so dirty that it was hard to tell apart from her just-as-dirty skin. She wandered zombie-like to one of the outdoor water pipes with a hose attached, literally hosed herself down, then went back inside.

From around the edges of the door, fitful flickering lights could be seen. The shriek of metal grinding and being cut. Pulses of intense heat, and...worryingly...occasional spikes on any passing Geiger counter. At one point a lightning bolt hit the workshop's antennae, but it was hard to tell if that was because of something she was doing, or if it just happened on its own. Three days of this, and someone heard a demonic laugh, followed immediately by Deezy's voice shouting angrily, metallic clonking noises, and demonic yelps.

A few days later, the garage door opened.

The old Mark 9 APC rolled out. It had been repainted a sort of shimmery gold hue, with bright red stripes and a symbol like a 'K' with a circle around it and lines radiating from the circle like a targeting reticule painted on both sides. The engine sounded...different, cycling rapidly between a sort of surflike noise, a hollow rushing sound, a burning sort of crackle, and the grinding of stone. Over and over, very rapidly until it was little more than a pulsing buzzing noise.

The hatch opened, and Deezy emerged. The Omniblaster was...bigger. Shinier. A longarm nearly as long as her arm, with a bulbous center section festooned with conduits and pipes and controls and readouts, connecting to not less than five different barrel assemblies of different sizes, shapes and lengths, with a very well padded shoulder stock. The handgrip had two triggers and a host of other buttons in easy reach of any fingers that might be holding it.

She looked jubilant, and exhausted. Her eyes wilder than usual, with dark half-circles under them.

"Guys," the techno-wizard declared, "You guys! It's really happening! Check out the...the..." she slapped the side of the APC. "The thing. I gave it an EOT Reaction engine...and...that's a thing I built too...probably won't...explo...WAIT also look at this!"

Deezy fumbled for the oversized weapon across her back and finally settled for just jabbing a thumb over her shoulder. "It's done, you guys. It's like...finally done. I'm gonna..."

With a huge yawn, Deezy sank back into the APC.

The next day, she was back in the saddle though, and eager to do some business. The deal was simple. She'd make anyone on the team some gear at cost, as long as they were okay with her prominently branding it with the KlattaTech logo. It seemed that now that she had a 'mobile HQ' that had workshop facilities, she was getting more serious about trying to build some business.

Rolls
Hero's Journey 1: [dice:2cj2psys]52784:0[/dice:2cj2psys]
Though lots of folks can jump behind a wheel or grab a stick, your hero understands
the nuances of guiding a machine effectively through the worst conditions. She
gains the Ace Edge (or Combat Ace, if she already has Ace), as well as a one die
type increase in her choice of Boating, Driving, or Piloting.

Hero's Journey 2: [dice:2cj2psys]52784:1[/dice:2cj2psys]
Putting down opponents before they end you is a powerful lesson in this dangerous
world. Your hero gains +2 damage when using direct damage spells and TW
weapons.
Last edited by Deezy Klatta on Sat May 11, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder

TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage

TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Credits: 2000
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

With the threat to Avanzada Seca averted, again, Kuikk decides to take a little time to figure out his expanded understanding of his mental abilities. Believing that his rise in psychic power was related to his time walking beneath the ley line he decides to go back out to study one, maybe even look for a nexus. He knows one of the lines is not that far from town, and everybody is busy with their own things, so he heads out without bothering anyone else.

Walking through the swamp is an exhilarating experience this time around. With no need to worry about a group of people, some mission or other, or even any beasts he may come across, he takes the time to actually look at his surroundings. In its own wet way the area has a stunning beauty. The interplay between ground, water, and trees is obvious yet subtle at the same time. Adding in the smaller critters just includes another dimension of movement.

It was one particular movement that caught his eye though. A dark shape, about the size of a man, that was always just beyond some cover or at the corner of his eye. After a few miles, feeling he was getting close to the ley line, the shadow became more clear. It was definitely humanoid and intelligent as it appeared to be attempting to lead Kuikku someplace. Feeling a little curious, and knowing there was nothing of any real danger out here, he chooses to follow.

After a few more miles, crossing under the line with the nexus visible in the distance, he came to a surprisingly large clearing. Just inside the other edge stood a wooden X with someone tied to it. It took a moment but Kuikku recognized the armor as Cyber Knight heavy armor, not something found just lying around. The helmet was off, on the ground between the captive's feet, and a rough bag was over its head. Behind the knight was a female Trimadore with a large vibro-knife held to the captive's throat.

“If you leave, he dies. If you call your friends, he dies. If you come any closer, he dies. If I don't like your answers, he dies. Do you understand?” As the stranger makes these comments about three dozen people step out from behind cover. They are of a wide verity of races and they carry an exotic collection of weapons. They are united in that they are all wearing camouflage in some form or another and have a red bandanna tied around their left ankle, something you wold only notice if they were not in cover.

Kuikku nods and quietly activates his cyber knight enhancements. “Ok, you have led me here. I presume from your comments you have questions you want to ask. I am willing to answer whatever I can, there is no need to threaten another. Just let him go and let's talk.” Kuikku waves his empty hands in an effort to show he intends no harm.

“Let's just say I want to be sure of the veracity of the information you give me” she growls. “Now I know you and yours have been in Avanzada Seca for some time and you legion types are always trying to make things hard for the honest criminal.” She grins slightly at her joke. “I need to know what defenses have been set up and how to get around them.”

Kuikku shakes his head. “Now I know your prisoner may be in trouble because I am sure you will not like the answers I am about to give. Are you sure you won't just leave and look for someplace else to harass?”

Gripping the captive's hair through the bag and pulling its head back she snarls. “Start talking knight! And I will know if you lie.”

Kuikku sighs in disappointment. “I guess it has to be this way then. Too bad.” He suddenly whips out his laser pistol and places a shot between the Trimadore's eyes. As she falls he pops a quick shot off at the Grackle with the rail gun and the Simvan with the rocket launcher, he knows they are likely to be the most dangerous things out here, other than himself. He then drops the pistol and triggers his combat spells and both swords. “You will not bother Avanzada Seca, or that knight, any further. Leave or die.”

The clearing erupts in violence. Numerous bolts of energy, magic and mundane, along with several pounds of munitions all converge on Kuikku. That is when he starts his movement. Just slow enough for the eye to follow he starts working his way across the clearing.

”Humid summertime
An active beauty does fall
Because of the death”

He knows there is information to be had here so instead of just killing everything he selects a few to disarm and knock out. His blades flash out to strike at arms and heads with startling accuracy. Enemies fall and he moves on. The entire time the captive is yelling out. “Let me loose. I can help damn it!”

”Picturesque leaping
A natural, small death stings
After the flower.”

When the last combatant hits the ground Kuikku dismisses his blades and approaches the captive. ”Worry not brother, the fight has been won. Let's get you down and treat any wounds.” He then pulls the sack off of the captive's head and stumbles back in shock. There is no way this could be a knight because of the obvious cybernetic replacements for the Psi-Stalker's eyes.

”You asshole,” the 'captive' rumbles. ”I was telling my friends to let me out to help kill you.” Before he can say anything else an arrow head sprouts from his throat, having pierced him from behind, and kills him instantly.

Kuikku leaps to the side and scans the area for the threat. That is when he notices that every combatant he had disabled also has been killed with a single arrow shot. He then notices that the Trimadore's body is not there. Instead her voice calls out. ”Well, I guess you won this round. Keep the armor, we can't use it. Just know this is not over.”

He attempts to follow the voice, and any tracks, but quickly loses the trail. Going back to the clearing he unties the body in the armor and starts stripping it. We know there are more threats to AS now. But I wonder if I made them weaker or stronger. I eliminated a large number here but they now know it will not be easy and will plan better.

Using one of the less bloody shirts as a sack he slings the armor over his shoulder. Looking around the clearing once again he tries to find the beauty he saw when he first started this trip. Shaking his head in disappointment he starts the walk home.

rolls
[dice:111rpnii]52785:0[/dice:111rpnii]
[dice:111rpnii]52785:1[/dice:111rpnii]
Body armor for both is: You may trade the starting Armor from your Iconic Framework for any other body armor (not power armor or robot armor) listed in this book. If this is not your first roll, apply all other results from rolling on this table to your newly chosen body armor.

[dice:111rpnii]52785:2[/dice:111rpnii]
Reroll on Underworld yields: There are many killers in the world, but your character is a wetwork expert with a particular set of skills. He gains the Assassin Edge. He also gains +2 for Fighting, Shooting, and Throwing rolls, but only to offset Called Shot penalties.

HIndrances:
Over Confident: Taking on 30 plus all alone
Heroic: could not allow information about AS get to the bandits
Loyal: could not leave a "fellow knight" to suffer and die, could not pass up opportunity to learn about another threat to AS
Last edited by Kuikku on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Education [dice:vh6gcap8]52786:0[/dice:vh6gcap8] re-roll all ready has a superior vagabond edge. [dice:vh6gcap8]52786:2[/dice:vh6gcap8]
  • Your character's innate understanding of computers makes her one of the most valuable people in the world, whether most folks understand that or not. She gains Knowledge (Computers) at d8, as well as +2 when dealing with electronic security.
Magic and mystism [dice:vh6gcap8]52786:1[/dice:vh6gcap8]
  • Conservation of magical energy is an incredibly powerful talent. On a raise or better when activating a power, your hero reduces the PPE cost by 1 (minimum 0)
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

HJ
Magic & Mysticism [dice:yivptp77]52791:0[/dice:yivptp77] Auto-Raise Effect on Summon Ally
Experience and Wisdom [dice:yivptp77]52791:1[/dice:yivptp77] Background Edge of Choice (Alertness)
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

[dice:17oara1i]52800:0[/dice:17oara1i] Part of your character’s extensive training including full understanding of a
particular occupation or area of focus. You may give her one Professional Edge,
ignoring requirements, subject to the GM’s approval - Scholar

•Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1
•Knowledge (Engineering) d10+1

[dice:17oara1i]52800:1[/dice:17oara1i]

Though few and far between, the cites of Rifts Earth are the hubs of what remains
of civilization, vital as sources of information. Your character understands the ebb
and flow of their streets and alleyways, gaining a d8 in Streetwise. She is also good
at creating fakes of necessary papers, badges, and the like; she’s got experience
and training in Forgery (treat as Common Knowledge), with a +2 to related checks

[dice:17oara1i]52800:2[/dice:17oara1i]
GM bennies 6/8
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Administrative Update on HJ Rolls:

Because I’m getting a lot of questions about rerolls on the hangout, if you are unhappy with your two rolls, you may drop and reroll one roll, but you are stuck with the third result.

Note: If you choose your tables and then roll, you may reroll duplicate results. If you roll and then pick your tables, you may not reroll duplicates (because you can just pick from another table).

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Ley Line Update

Nearest ley line is [dice:a4awr1xd]52804:0[/dice:a4awr1xd] miles away and the nearest nexus is [dice:a4awr1xd]52804:1[/dice:a4awr1xd] miles farther than that.

Toshiro 'Cybermonk'

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' »

Rolls
[dice:ze7c3lqb]52807:0[/dice:ze7c3lqb]

Experience and Wisdom: 13
He’s traveled far and wide, and he knows a lot about the world that could come in handy. Your character gains a +2 on any Common Knowledge rolls related to geography and understanding the people and places of North America. He also gains a +2 on Survival and Streetwise checks in North America.

Underworld and Black Ops: 9
Though few and far between, the cites of Rifts Earth are the hubs of what remains of civilization, vital as sources of information. Your character understands the ebb and flow of their streets and alleyways, gaining a d8 in Streetwise. She is also good at creating fakes of necessary papers, badges, and the like; she’s got experience and training in Forgery (treat as Common Knowledge), with a +2 to related checks.
Toshiro is disappointed when the his investigation of the murder site comes up with little other than an unusual combination of footprints leading into the jungle. Without much else to follow up on, he returns to the town and reports his findings. More disturbing still is the lack of a corpse and the death of the attendant at the morgue.

More supernatural shit in the this jungle...just what we need.... Knowing that...something dangerous is out there, he makes a mental note to see Conrad about some improvements to his sword.

The team finds Ford and his network at the garage they've been using as their base of operations. Hearing the Market leaders spiel sparks a ping of sympathy in the cybernetic mute. After all, he was frustrated with the secrets it was clear Sierra was keeping also, though he hadnt been able to quite figure what it was...

Toshiro knew that he didnt intend on staying with the Tomorrow legion indefinitely. He had started with the group for two reasons: Firstly to repay the debt he owed for them nursing him back to good health after the episode, and secondly because he knew the Legion would have resources to help him track down the monster who killed his sister.

Later that evening, after discussing some potential upgrades to his gear with Conrad, Toshiro approaches Ford at his manor. After letting him in an poring a very nice bottle of bourbon, Ford motions to the chair.

"So Mister Hashada, what can I do for you... I hope you wont mind if I speak." He says, tilting his head toward his glass before raising it to his lips to take a sip.

Not at all Toshiro signs, though he wouldn't mind a glass himself. I think it's pretty clear that most of the legionaires don't have a particularly good opinion of you Ford. But I don't think you are nearly as bad as they think you are. A hard businessman yes, but one with a certain kind of honor. I'd like to propose a bit of a working relationship. I happen to be looking for a specific individual. If you can help me collect Intel on him, I can help further your objectives hear in town.

A smile creeps across Ford's lips as sets his glass on the oak table. "I do think we can work something out.."

Toshiro spends a considerable amount of time in the next few days with Ford and his team, assisting with various odd jobs. Ford seems unwilling at the moment to push the boundaries of what Toshiro is or isnt willing to do, or maybe he is just trying to further improve his appearance in the eyes of the Legionnaire. Either way, everything Toshiro is involved in is 100% legitimate. His role is mostly that of muscle, as his silent foreboding presence is off-putting and his large sword he always carries is intimidating. None-the-less, his time with the motley crew that is Ford's team is enlightening. He picks up many of their methods for working intel from and navigating within the less civilized elements of the town. He also finds that many of Ford's companions are very well traveled, and they share much about their travels across North America in the time they have to chat.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]

Bennies: 1/3 [/size]
-1 for shooting reroll
+1 for commiting near suicide (being outside the vehicle)
-2 for agility rerolls

Edit Signature
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

With the details in hand and a feeling that something more supernatural was happening, Castle decided to follow the others of the 32nd. Off at several paces behind the main body, he notices Ford and his team and decides to hang back aways and just listen in. As @Pursuit Ford wraps up his accusations, Castle speaks up, "Ford, is it now your common practice to accuse people without full evidence to support the accusation?"

"I thought for sure, I had cured you of that habit the last time I passed through, Avanzada Secs."

"I haven't quite figured out yours or the Black Market's interests here in Avanzada Secs, but I am working on it. In the mean time, I will suggest you and your team stay away for a while."
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Ford smiles. "Aha. @White Castle. Wasn't sure I'd see you around here again. Hey, I heard you had some trouble with an eco-wizard and a baby compsognathus a few months back. Fascinating stuff."

White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Pursuit wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:54 pm Ford smiles. "Aha. Wasn't sure I'd see you around here again. Hey, I heard you had some trouble with an eco-wizard and a baby compsognathus a few months back. Fascinating stuff."
@Pursuit

"Yes. Amazing how those kind of things just happen."

"Lucky for me, I was able to call the eco-wizard's bluff and the baby compsognathus was convinced to return to his mother, who happened to be in the vicintiy looking for it."

"Can't say what happened to the eco-wizard but the baby compsognathus seemed to be happily reunited with its mother."

"For all your self interest in the town and events here, Ford, accusing Lincoln of being in league with Brass is seriously reaching. Apparently you did not know Lincoln very well."

Hero's Journey Rolls _
Training Table
Roll [dice:1vrrfs5u]52813:2[/dice:1vrrfs5u]
Result [ 1 ]: Castle gains +5 Skill Points, which may be spent on Fighting, Shooting, or Throwing in any combination.
SHOOTING (2 SP) d12; FIGHTING (2SP) d8; THROWING (1SP) D4

Underworld & Black Ops
Roll [dice:1vrrfs5u]52813:1[/dice:1vrrfs5u]
Result [ 7 ] Castle has done more and traveled more than anyone, and he always seems to know someone, someplace, he can call for information and aid. Castle has the I Know a Guy Edge, and he gains +2 on all Connections rolls to contact and gain assistance.
Norona

Re: 13.1 If You Build It: The Workshop

Post by Norona »

Norona feels himself growing closer to the swamps with each passing day. The experience is both exhilarating and frightening as each step closer to the spirit of the swamps is a step away from the spirits of his home world. The visions of the Celestial Halls and Ascended beings are replaced by the eyes of the genius loci. Moving through the trees becomes second nature, each step is sure as he senses each stray root or low hanging branch. If something is out of place he can spot it, even if it doesn't want to be found.

Perhaps even more intriguing is a growing relationship with the swamp denizens. Mighty dinosaurs, ferocious supernatural beings, elemental spirits, and thousands of other species make up the swamp's extreme bio-diversity. With little trouble Norona is able to list and name them all. He can even use his connection to call them to himself, much like he used to do with the spirits of his home world. However, he his connection is much stronger. Not from more faith but from proximity. He can join his will more closely to his companions making them more hardy than usual.

All these new sensations are darkened by shadows. A great evil still grows in the swamp, casting a pall over everything. The time has come to face this evil and bring peace to the swamps. The need begins to consume him, as the urgency of the genius loci fills Norona's soul.
Death Wish
Added Death Wish Hindrance: Norona knows he will die after saving the swamp from the current darkness.
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: 13.0 Legion Luck

Post by Jareb »

Jareb looked sternly at Ford and his “crew”. He drew his blade with a crackle of energy charging it. He hands it to Ford sacred pommel end and says, ” You best take this with you Ford...” He looked dangerously at Ford. It was not often a 13 million credit sword exchanged hands so freely. ” Your actions have two consequences. One you had better hope this swamp ends me because when I find you, you shall need that blade to defend your life.” Jareb paused for a moment relaxing his shoulders and fluttering his moisture trapped wings, ” The second choice. As you say we will need an army for where we go. You seem to like this swamp and want to see it safe guarded. So its time to take a stand. Assist us through your means and provide part of this army. Keep the sword if you must to assuage your bottom line or give it back so it can finish the work it was made for.” Swordless the angel unfurled his true self a divine being of great might and thundered, ” Choose now Ford, before the General of the Celestial courts what say you?”

Regardless of the answer Jareb was still an angel on a mission and so of course his first stop was the library. Tired of slogging through books he looked for a different, a faster way to retrieve information he needed for his and his teams survival. In the musty stacks he ran into a blond woman lithe and dressed in black. He raised his eye looking at her as she tilted her head in a quizzical fashion.

She spoke slowly like talking to a child, ” Do you compute?”

Jareb looked at gift giggling in his hands and then up to her, ” You have me at a loss. Do I what?”

Before he could react she sidled up close to Jareb opening a laptop out of nowhere. She whispered strangly, ”You know... Compute, slamn, slice, keyboard mamba, Hack, Smack, Crack, funky klitkitty klak... Whats your name?” She pressed her black leather one peice skin suit tight up against him and his molting wings.

Jareb stammered clearly caught off gaurd, ”I.. I... am Jareb—-“

The blond woman pressed a gloved finger to his lips and tapped the monitor of the small hi-tech laptop, ”Shhhh... What is your name? In here.”

Jareb had no idea what to say or how to get this woman off or away from him. He went with the only thing he could see, ”Mr. Diggles?”

The blonde woman slapped Jareb on the head laughing. Reflexively he shut his eyes and when He opened them she was gone. The laptop was there its screen promp read, Welcome to the club Mr. Diggles. Care to play a game? Y or N.
Laptop
28,000 for a grade IV Parker Special Laptop.

Later on Jareb found himself looking out at the jungle watching the life and ebb and flow of nature wash by and through him. What would Norona call this I wonder? For all his thoughts and actions in the swamp he had never once looked out at it appreciating it for what it was. In this moment the swamp seemed peaceful like that patch of swamp the group had locate not long ago or far from here. He closed his eyes and softly he recited a verse that the Gardner had once taught him while he had spent a reckless summer dirge rummaging through the cosmic compost. Upon completion and opening them he saw a world unlike any he had seen before. A small green light sparkled and floated before him unravelling secrets unknown until that moment.
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0,PPE:20/9
Combat edges:
  • Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
  • Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-1 speaking sign language
-2 bennies for swamp
White Castle

Re: 13.0 Legion Luck

Post by White Castle »

Jareb wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:41 pm Later on Jareb found himself looking out at the jungle watching the life and ebb and flow of nature wash by and through him. What would Norona call this I wonder? For all his thoughts and actions in the swamp he had never once looked out at it appreciating it for what it was. In this moment the swamp seemed peaceful like that patch of swamp the group had locate not long ago or far from here. He closed his eyes and softly he recited a verse that the Gardner had once taught him while he had spent a reckless summer dirge rummaging through the cosmic compost. Upon completion and opening them he saw a world unlike any he had seen before. A small green light sparkled and floated before him unravelling secrets unknown until that moment.
Castle found @Jareb staring out at the swamp. "It has been a few years Angel."

Pulling the helmet from his face, Castle looks Jareb in the face. "Hopefully the cosmetic work has restored some of my features. Cozumel was a good time for both of us. That library had you deeply engrossed. And I found a piece of Montazuma's Golden Horde."

"The name was Shade Gavin back then." Sticking his right hand out, "How long have you been here in A.Secs?"
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Jareb looked up, his silent reprieve broken.
Cozumel
It was a while back since he had teamed up with Castle, and truth be told Castle had been a smidge prettier as they ventured down the Yucatan peninsula towards Cozumel. Wild vampires and Incan tribes devoted to the sun gold this or that had been hounding them for days. Jareb had his reason for venturing so deep where few mortals dwell and fewer divine champions were found: The angel Michael had tasked him to find a relic in the war against the vampires. A sphere of some sort left by an old one of an area long past. He was sure his companion Castle also had is own reasons. The two had been hiding out in a bog for sometime trying to lay low until morning but that is when fate decided to take a unexpected turn...

Thought it might be fun to explore a journey with Castle. Feel free to pick it up.
He grinned stretching out a hand to the swamp covered man, ” Castle... By a name as any other. Cozumel was a long time ago...” He paused briefly and stood grasping the man’s shoulder, ”Damn good to see you. Just been in this town for a short while, week or so, maybe two at the most. Mortal time is still hard for me to grasp.”
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Sierra Mackenzie

Post by Sierra Mackenzie »

HJ rolls
Psionics: [dice:2usi6v1h]52910:0[/dice:2usi6v1h] = +10 ISP
Experience and Wisdom: [dice:2usi6v1h]52910:1[/dice:2usi6v1h] = Scrounger Edge and Connections (Black Market)
Dinosaur Swamp/Avanzada Seca
Morning
Round 0

Sierra glared at Ford as he and his team made their apologies. “You owe me, Ford. And I mean to collect,” she vowed to the man. The she stalked off. She had to let off some heat.

After burning down another section of forest around the town, Sierra came back into the walls. “I want to talk to Brass,” she told the hot, long-haired man. She was led to a basement where Lexi Brass was being held.

“I want you to tell me why you were trying to kill me,” she demanded. “Why you got Lincoln to turn on me? And do you know a man called Eoghan?” she asked. “And what is your beef with Ford? You can either start talking, or I can start burning.” Sierra let her red hair ignite, curls of fire surrounding her face, the room heating up enough to make Lexi sweat. “I’m fireproof. Are you? Shall we find out? I can sit here raising the temperature all day. If you talk, maybe we can come to some deal. I don’t much like Ford. But you tell me what your deal is, you give me all the credits on you, and you owe me favors, maybe you walk out of here alive and Ford doesn’t know what the hell happened to you. And I don’t leave you crispy for what you did to Lincoln.”

Sierra held up the key to the basement she had lifted from the guard that had let her down into the basement.
Intimidation 6
Intimidation [dice:2usi6v1h]52910:2[/dice:2usi6v1h]
Wild [dice:2usi6v1h]52910:3[/dice:2usi6v1h]
Persuasion 11
Persuasion [dice:2usi6v1h]52910:4[/dice:2usi6v1h]
Wild [dice:2usi6v1h]52910:5[/dice:2usi6v1h]
Hindrances
Greedy, Stubborn
Everything Burns
[dice:2usi6v1h]52910:6[/dice:2usi6v1h]
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over [dice:2usi6v1h]52910:7[/dice:2usi6v1h] rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:26 pm It was a while back since he had teamed up with Castle, and truth be told Castle had been a smidge prettier as they ventured down the Yucatan peninsula towards Cozumel. Wild vampires and Incan tribes devoted to the sun gold this or that had been hounding them for days. Jareb had his reason for venturing so deep where few mortals dwell and fewer divine champions were found: The angel Michael had tasked him to find a relic in the war against the vampires. A sphere of some sort left by an old one of an area long past. He was sure his companion Castle also had is own reasons. The two had been hiding out in a bog for sometime trying to lay low until morning but that is when fate decided to take a unexpected turn...
They had outrun the vamps a surprising feet for sure. Night was coming on and alarge body of water proved to advantageous for the pair. Slogging their way through the bog in the growing dark, they could hear the growls and howls of the wild vamps. Both travelers seemed to assume that the water was keeping the vamps at bay, and decided to find a place to wait the night out.

As Jareb and Castle had hid underneath the roots of a large tree in the only dry spot for miles, they had passed on a fire for warmth and sat back to back. An interesting pair. A World Traveler and a Traveler from Afar. From their discussions with each other, both seemed to be treasure hunters at this time.

Very odd how nature plays a part in things. Even supernatural things are adapted by nature. Figuring that water in any form would keep the vamps from following their trail, the pair had sat in quiet conversation. Something in that conversation had aroused the surrounding flora. One minute on a dry patch of ground and the next in the willow tree arms of a very large tree beast.

"Seriously," Castle exclaimed, "These things only happen at night."

"Jareb, you got xray vision or laser sights for eyes. Burning our way out, maybe our only option here."

As if cued by the word "burn" the large tree creature spoke in a creeking bending wood kind of voice, "No burn. You hear. No burn." Which vocalization was followed by a much quicker shake of its limbs and thus shaking Castle and Jareb quite vigourusly.

Still held by the tree beast, the pair of travelers could hear the howls and growls of the wild vamps. Listening closer it became evident that the vamps had entered the bog. But the howls and growls were soon drowned out by blood curdling screams and the cracks and creaks of wood. And then the sounds died out and the bog went silent.

OOC Comments
Let's hear it for the boggy version of ents. Especially the willow ash hybrid kind.

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:26 pm He grinned stretching out a hand to the swamp covered man, ” Castle... By a name as any other. Cozumel was a long time ago...” He paused briefly and stood grasping the man’s shoulder, ”Damn good to see you. Just been in this town for a short while, week or so, maybe two at the most. Mortal time is still hard for me to grasp.”
"Time is what makes mortals, mortal. Maybe you best just leave that to us less than angelic types."
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

GM Mini Post: Responses
White Castle wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:06 pm "For all your self interest in the town and events here, Ford, accusing Lincoln of being in league with Brass is seriously reaching. Apparently you did not know Lincoln very well."
Ford rolls his eyes at Castle’s comment. “As usual, you are not half as well-informed as you think you are.”
Jareb wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:41 pm Jareb looked sternly at Ford and his “crew”. He drew his blade with a crackle of energy charging it. He hands it to Ford sacred pommel end and says, ” You best take this with you Ford...” He looked dangerously at Ford. It was not often a 13 million credit sword exchanged hands so freely. ” Your actions have two consequences. One you had better hope this swamp ends me because when I find you, you shall need that blade to defend your life.” Jareb paused for a moment relaxing his shoulders and fluttering his moisture trapped wings, ” The second choice. As you say we will need an army for where we go. You seem to like this swamp and want to see it safe guarded. So its time to take a stand. Assist us through your means and provide part of this army. Keep the sword if you must to assuage your bottom line or give it back so it can finish the work it was made for.” Swordless the angel unfurled his true self a divine being of great might and thundered, ” Choose now Ford, before the General of the Celestial courts what say you?”
“So dramatic, General.” Indicating Deezy, and clearly referring to the cache of weapons and other goodies he’s made available to the team, Ford says, “This is me helping. You are now helped.”

He offers the sword back to Jareb. “I’m not inclined to arm you and then disarm you in the same action. But, if you are so willing to give away things of value, I will take a favor, to be named later, from you and your charge. Nothing you’d object to on moral grounds, of course.” There is a slight twinkle in his eye as he says this, the sword proffered back to the angel, a bargain waiting to be struck.
Sierra Mackenzie wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:20 am Sierra glared at Ford as he and his team made their apologies. “You owe me, Ford. And I mean to collect,” she vowed to the man. The she stalked off. She had to let off some heat.
Ford looks entirely unfazed, if a little bemused. Kids these days, his expression seems to say.
Sierra Mackenzie wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:20 am After burning down another section of forest around the town, Sierra came back into the walls. “I want to talk to Brass,” she told the hot, long-haired man. She was led to a basement where Lexi Brass was being held.

“I want you to tell me why you were trying to kill me,” she demanded. “Why you got Lincoln to turn on me? And do you know a man called Eoghan?” she asked. “And what is your beef with Ford? You can either start talking, or I can start burning.” Sierra let her red hair ignite, curls of fire surrounding her face, the room heating up enough to make Lexi sweat. “I’m fireproof. Are you? Shall we find out? I can sit here raising the temperature all day. If you talk, maybe we can come to some deal. I don’t much like Ford. But you tell me what your deal is, you give me all the credits on you, and you owe me favors, maybe you walk out of here alive and Ford doesn’t know what the hell happened to you. And I don’t leave you crispy for what you did to Lincoln.”

Sierra held up the key to the basement she had lifted from the guard that had let her down into the basement.
Intimidation 6
Intimidation [dice:14eshpt8]52910:2[/dice:14eshpt8]
Wild [dice:14eshpt8]52910:3[/dice:14eshpt8]
Persuasion 11
Persuasion [dice:14eshpt8]52910:4[/dice:14eshpt8]
Wild [dice:14eshpt8]52910:5[/dice:14eshpt8]
Hindrances
Greedy, Stubborn
Lexi Brass gives a slight head shake and a “tsk” when Sierra finishes.

“Where to start? First, you know full well what Lincoln’s deal was, or you’re dumber than he gave you credit for. Look around you, sweetie. We’re in the back-end of nowhere, and Lincoln wasn’t an idiot. There were exactly two people in this town who knew about a million credit under the table deal,” she emphasizes each word for emphasis, “and you have to ask about his motivations. What are you, six? Welcome to being a grown up.”

“And as far as me and Ford… well, let’s just say we go back farther than you’d expect. Sometime he pushes my buttons, sometimes I push his. It was my turn to push.”

When Sierra mentions Eoghan, Brass gives her a truly blank face as a response. “Gesundheit?” She doesn’t seem to recognize the name at all.

Sierra Mackenzie

Post by Sierra Mackenzie »

Dinosaur Swamp/Avanzada Seca
Morning
Round 0

Sierra frowns. Fucking bitch. “That isn’t much to go on,” she said, letting her flames die.

God damn it! How could I be so stupid to trust Lincoln! Sierra cursed herself. She’s right. I am an idiot.

“This wasn’t just pushing buttons. Who nearly blew up an entire town and put me and my team in the middle of it all. That’s what you do for kicks?” she accused. “You want Ford, then take him out yourself. Leave the innocents out of it.”
Everything Burns
[dice:a6wdp6vs]53479:0[/dice:a6wdp6vs]
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over [dice:a6wdp6vs]53479:1[/dice:a6wdp6vs] rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

@Pursuit "Ford the next time you go to call in a favor be sure you come and handle things personally."

Seeing Ford hand back the sword, Castle finds himself letting go of a breath he did not know he was holding. @Jareb's blade should be in no one else's hands than the angel's. There are no other safe places.
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Jareb looked Ford so far unimpressed by the mortal. He takes back the sword with somewhat of scowl. Some mortals are too guarded to heed an angel’s words. Gift threw up a bit nearly hitting Ford’s no doubt swade shoes. The heat of the swamp is an ill place to raise a child. Although much of the world is no better.

Jareb looked at Ford and his group with a gaze he once used to command a legion of angels. ” By your own omission we will need an army before the end. I don’t know what kind of man you are Ford. But I suspect you have resources at your call and allies you can beseech.” Jareb slid the mighty sword of St. Cathrine back into its sleeve within his backpack. ” If you are a good man as I hope you find us before the end with what forces you may muster. If you are not that kind of man pray we don’t meet again.” It was not a threat simply a statement of fact. Jareb was just that kind of vengeful.

Jareb felt like talking was over and walked out to prepare for the upcoming journey. He asks @White Castle to come over for a bit, ” I believe Ford’s assessment that we need an army. Do you have any contacts within the local mortals? The so called barbarians?”
Jareb Combat data
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

@Jareb "As to the locals, tribesman, and natives. I think most would find themselves in a similar situatuion as ours. Good intentions. Just lacking the manpower sufficient to move against the Jungle Castle."

"I would begin with the few tribes and clans near here. Less likely to be influenced by the Castle itself."

Castle pulls out an oilskin map which when opened, reveals a very large area around the town.
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

"An army, eh?" Deezy mused, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet. "An...army..."

That gave her an idea.
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder

TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage

TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Credits: 2000

Return to “Adventure Archive”