11.4. A Surprise In Town (Kuikku)

Pursuit
Game Master

11.4. A Surprise In Town (Kuikku)

Post by Pursuit »

Familiar Stranger

The morning of the trial finds Kuikku alone. Perhaps he is making his way to the trial to observe, or perhaps he is planning to assist with some last minute preparations for his team, but regardless, he heads outside to find the same long-haired, human ranger who first brought them news of Ford’s accusations against Deezy.

As before, the man is dressed simply in a rugged, worn-looking set of body armor. A rather large vibro-knife hangs sheathed at his belt, but he otherwise does not appear to have any weapons on him.

“It’s Kuikku, right? You know, from everything we’ve heard, you’re a pretty standup guy. There were some rumors about you killing a demon or something, but honestly, not sure why that should count against you. Demons are supposed to be killed, right?”

The man, a bit shorter than Kuikku, approaches, pushing some hair out of his face. “Thing is, a job is a job, and we’ve all got roles to play, don’t we? I’m guessing you can figure mine.” He gives Kuikku an appraising look. “It’s been a little while since I tangled with a Cyber-Knight. Not entirely sure this is fair, but fights rarely are, are they?”

He takes a ready stance, one foot back, and says, “Tell you what. Let’s be sporting about this. I’ll give you five seconds to get yourself ready,” the stranger pulls his helmet on, “starting now.”

As you watch, a soft, almost imperceptible green glow begins to emanate from the man as he whispers a few words of power.

Get Ready!

You have one round to respond to the above, and then initiative will be drawn! You can also choose to go on hold instead of taking any preparatory actions in the hopes of interrupting his action (should he win initiative); if you take this latter route, please include an Agility roll in your post.

As always, please include a notice roll after a GM post.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Kuikku

Re: 11.4. A Surprise In Town (Kuikku)

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku want to take one more look at the location where Linclon's body was found. Not exactly sure what I hope to find but you never know. When the human blocks his path there he is not real surprised as there are plenty interested in how this all pans out. Listening to what the human says though is a bit of a surprise.

Kuikku raises his empty hands and activates his radio. "Something has come up. I may be a late." Focusing back on the human Kuikku takes a step or two back. "Listen. I am not exactly sure what you are expecting to happen but maybe we can talk a bit first. After all, fight now or in five minutes, does it really make a difference?"

rolls
Notice: 5
[dice:m8zgfvcr]49848:0[/dice:m8zgfvcr]
[dice:m8zgfvcr]49848:1[/dice:m8zgfvcr]

Agility: 7
[dice:m8zgfvcr]49848:2[/dice:m8zgfvcr]
[dice:m8zgfvcr]49848:3[/dice:m8zgfvcr]

Psionics: 5 (I want to detect if that glow is Psionic.)
[dice:m8zgfvcr]49848:4[/dice:m8zgfvcr]
[dice:m8zgfvcr]49848:5[/dice:m8zgfvcr]

I also have activated my Cyber Armor: Toughness 20(8)MDC
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Kuikku wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:22 pm
Kuikku raises his empty hands and activates his radio. "Something has come up. I may be a late." Focusing back on the human Kuikku takes a step or two back. "Listen. I am not exactly sure what you are expecting to happen but maybe we can talk a bit first. After all, fight now or in five minutes, does it really make a difference?"

rolls
Notice: 5
[dice:3vlzzmld]49848:0[/dice:3vlzzmld]
[dice:3vlzzmld]49848:1[/dice:3vlzzmld]

Agility: 7
[dice:3vlzzmld]49848:2[/dice:3vlzzmld]
[dice:3vlzzmld]49848:3[/dice:3vlzzmld]

Psionics: 5 (I want to detect if that glow is Psionic.)
[dice:3vlzzmld]49848:4[/dice:3vlzzmld]
[dice:3vlzzmld]49848:5[/dice:3vlzzmld]

I also have activated my Cyber Armor: Toughness 20(8)MDC
He gives Kuikku a smirk. ”Well, you ain’t dumb. I’ll give you that. Here’s the difference it makes: we’ve gone to quite a bit of trouble to get a minute when no one will interrupt us, and that minute won’t last. I’ll tell you what, though. You manage to hit me once, and I’ll answer any question you ask, provided I know the answer. Seem fair?”

You can tell his glow isn’t psionic; he’s using some kind of magic. You can also see the workings of magic extending around the pair of you like a dome for about fifty to eighty feet or so.

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku sighs. ”I thought so but it was worth asking. Let us dance.” Suddenly powerful blades appear in each hand and a black cloak starts billowing around him.

OOC Comments
Boost Trait (Fighting) 2 ISP: Success with raise, Fighting now 1d12
Psionics: [dice:9vf87xut]49897:0[/dice:9vf87xut]
Wild: [dice:9vf87xut]49897:1[/dice:9vf87xut]
Ace: [dice:9vf87xut]49897:4[/dice:9vf87xut]
Double Ace: [dice:9vf87xut]49897:6[/dice:9vf87xut]

Deflection 2 ISP: Success (auto raise), -4 to be hit melee, -5 at range
Psionics: [dice:9vf87xut]49897:2[/dice:9vf87xut]
Wild: [dice:9vf87xut]49897:3[/dice:9vf87xut]
EE (with Elan): [dice:9vf87xut]49897:5[/dice:9vf87xut]

Dual Cyber Swords with MDC boost 2ISP: 1d6+2d10 MDC, AP2
Toughness: 20(8) MDC
Parry: 10
To be hit Melee: -4, -6 with Tech (Deflection)
To be hit Ranged: -6, -8 with Tech (Deflection w/Darknees trapping, Dodge)
ISP: 14/20
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0
Quick: Discard action cards of 5 or lower
Last edited by Kuikku on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character
Kuikku
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Action Cards!

Kuikku (Quick): 10 of diamonds
Jacques (Imp. Level Headed): Ace of Clubs, Queen of Clubs, Queen of Diamonds

Fight!

The stranger takes a solid stance, holding one arm out in front and the other back near his own face, a guard position. ”Let’s see what you’ve got, kid.”
Rolls; Current Parry: 22
Faith (free action): [dice:23blbj47]50008:0[/dice:23blbj47]
Wild [dice:23blbj47]50008:1[/dice:23blbj47]

Fighting: [dice:23blbj47]50008:2[/dice:23blbj47]
Wild [dice:23blbj47]50008:4[/dice:23blbj47]
Extra effort: [dice:23blbj47]50008:3[/dice:23blbj47]

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku tries to identify the stance as he moves forward. Without knowing his target he takes a couple of tentative swings. Both attacks are easily deflected by the stranger and Kuikku nods.

OOC Comments
Right hand: Miss
Fighting: [dice:2kbcb6w1]50010:0[/dice:2kbcb6w1]
Wild: [dice:2kbcb6w1]50010:1[/dice:2kbcb6w1]

Left hand: Miss
Fighting: [dice:2kbcb6w1]50010:2[/dice:2kbcb6w1]
Wild: [dice:2kbcb6w1]50010:3[/dice:2kbcb6w1]
Character
Kuikku
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Round Two!

Kuikku's opponent deflects the incoming strokes by striking the flat of the blade with his bare palms. The strikes are so quick that they are had to track, and his hands touch the psi-swords for such a short duration that they come away entirely unscathed.

He shakes his head. "Won't do, man. One of those was a pro attack, but the other? Sloppy. Let's try this again."

Initiative

Jacques (Imp. Level Headed): King of Spades, 9 of Spades, Red Joker
Kuikku (Quick): 8 of Hearts

The stranger re-sets his feet and takes a new stance, still keeping his guard up.
Current Parry 18
Fighting [dice:2nq6l0l4]50052:0[/dice:2nq6l0l4]
Wild [dice:2nq6l0l4]50052:1[/dice:2nq6l0l4]
EE: [dice:2nq6l0l4]50052:4[/dice:2nq6l0l4]

Faith (free action) [dice:2nq6l0l4]50052:2[/dice:2nq6l0l4]
Wild [dice:2nq6l0l4]50052:3[/dice:2nq6l0l4]

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

"Yea, it was a semi-feint but, meh. How about this?" Kuikku does a feinting spin and draws one out out as the other swing come in under that block. Though the cut connects it is only a glancing blow.

OOC Comments
Right hand: 26, hit with raise
Damage: 11
Fighting: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:0[/dice:3gq3lg7i]
Ace: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:4[/dice:3gq3lg7i]
Wild: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:1[/dice:3gq3lg7i]
EE: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:5[/dice:3gq3lg7i]
Ace: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:6[/dice:3gq3lg7i]
Double Ace: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:7[/dice:3gq3lg7i]

Str: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:8[/dice:3gq3lg7i]
Sprt x2: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:9[/dice:3gq3lg7i]
Raise: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:10[/dice:3gq3lg7i]

Left hand: 10, miss
Fighting: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:2[/dice:3gq3lg7i]
Wild: [dice:3gq3lg7i]50066:3[/dice:3gq3lg7i]
Character
Kuikku
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Kuikku wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:36 pm "Yea, it was a semi-feint but, meh. How about this?" Kuikku does a feinting spin and draws one out out as the other swing come in under that block. Though the cut connects it is only a glancing blow.

OOC Comments
Right hand: 26, hit with raise
Damage: 11
Fighting: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:0[/dice:2wqvifo2]
Ace: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:4[/dice:2wqvifo2]
Wild: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:1[/dice:2wqvifo2]
EE: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:5[/dice:2wqvifo2]
Ace: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:6[/dice:2wqvifo2]
Double Ace: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:7[/dice:2wqvifo2]

Str: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:8[/dice:2wqvifo2]
Sprt x2: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:9[/dice:2wqvifo2]
Raise: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:10[/dice:2wqvifo2]

Left hand: 10, miss
Fighting: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:2[/dice:2wqvifo2]
Wild: [dice:2wqvifo2]50066:3[/dice:2wqvifo2]
The stranger grins. "Not bad. Not enough to really hurt, but a hit is a hit and a deal is a deal. Go ahead and ask your question."

Initiative
Kuikku (Quick): King of Hearts (discard 5 of spades and 3 of spades)
Jacques (Imp. Level-Headed): Ace of Diamonds, 9 of diamonds, 10 of spades
On Hold
Jacques will go on hold, awaiting Kuikku's question. If Kuikku tries to act, he will attempt to interrupt Kuikku with a [dice:2wqvifo2]50128:0[/dice:2wqvifo2], wild [dice:2wqvifo2]50128:1[/dice:2wqvifo2] + [dice:2wqvifo2]50128:2[/dice:2wqvifo2] (ace) Agility roll.

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku nods and takes a half step back. "I believe you work for, or at least with, mister Ford. If not then this question does not count. What is Ford's real goal behind blaming Deezy for this death?"
Character
Kuikku
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Kuikku wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:08 am Kuikku nods and takes a half step back. "I believe you work for, or at least with, mister Ford. If not then this question does not count. What is Ford's real goal behind blaming Deezy for this death?"
The stranger nods. "You're sure you want me to answer that, man? There's no un-hearing it."

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

"If it is the truth then it is better to know now than to be surprised later."
Character
Kuikku
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

“I knew someone else who talked like that. Okay, Kuikku. Here it is. You’ve got someone on your team who hasn’t been completely honest with you, and it’s putting people, ours and yours, at risk.”

He continues, “your girl, Sierra, she’s wanted for arson and murder, Kuikku. Like, a legendary amount of arson and murder. Whole building full of people in Whykin. Kids. Families. She also burned up a police station on her way out of town, and put a few more bodies in the ground to boot.”

He waves his hand, “someone out here found out about it. Decided to cash in on the bounty on her head, except you and yours were in their way. They used Lincoln and Sierra’s relationship, and their little side deal, to try and grab a whole lot of money and muscle Ford out of territory that’s been his for years.”

"Ford thinks she's still got a conscience left and that she likes you guys, and he was hoping she'd come forward and admit she killed the kid when she figured out his game. He didn't think she'd let one of her friends pay the price for her. I told him it was wasted effort; nobody can kill like that and still be... decent."

He brushes some hair out of his face. “And, if I’m being honest, a friend of mine asked me to make sure something he started got finished. And I needed to know if you were the one to finish it.”

@Sierra Mackenzie

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku shrugs. ”To be honest I am not surprised to learn Sierra has a few deaths, and fires, behind her. Many bursters have difficulty controlling their fire but she is... extreme in how it can get away from her. She has gotten better at controlling it and could be a very helpful member of society. She has certainly helped us out quite a bit. As for the bounty in Whykin, the Coalition States don't have a very strong record of fairness when dealing with anything they consider abnormal. It makes me wonder if the stories are not exaggerated some.”

Kuikku starts pacing back and forth in a small arc around the stranger. ”As for 'being decent' there is a major flaw in your logic. We were not even in town when Lincoln was killed. Granted, it was not long after that we did get to town but it was after. None of my team did it therefore getting her to 'confess' through this ploy is a wasted effort. An effort that could have been put into finding the real killer and maybe even helping Ford keep his territory.”

Stopping and turning directly towards the man Kuikku allows a bit of impatience to creep into his voice. ”Now, what is the job you want help completing?”
Character
Kuikku
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Kuikku wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:01 am Kuikku shrugs. ”To be honest I am not surprised to learn Sierra has a few deaths, and fires, behind her. Many bursters have difficulty controlling their fire but she is... extreme in how it can get away from her. She has gotten better at controlling it and could be a very helpful member of society. She has certainly helped us out quite a bit. As for the bounty in Whykin, the Coalition States don't have a very strong record of fairness when dealing with anything they consider abnormal. It makes me wonder if the stories are not exaggerated some.”

Kuikku starts pacing back and forth in a small arc around the stranger. ”As for 'being decent' there is a major flaw in your logic. We were not even in town when Lincoln was killed. Granted, it was not long after that we did get to town but it was after. None of my team did it therefore getting her to 'confess' through this ploy is a wasted effort. An effort that could have been put into finding the real killer and maybe even helping Ford keep his territory.”

Stopping and turning directly towards the man Kuikku allows a bit of impatience to creep into his voice. ”Now, what is the job you want help completing?”
The man shakes his head. "You look for the good in people. In your team. I can respect that. But open your eyes, Kuikku. She found the body. She had the motive. And there is no way to definitively say it happened while you guys were out of town. Forensics ain't that specific, and the only one who can vouch for her is her."

He sighs, looking around. "Guess this wasn't much of a fight. You did manage to hit me, though, so maybe you've got what it takes. The job is the job you are already on, man. There's hell and bad news out in that jungle, and I got a friend out there who didn't come back."

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

"Yes, I do tend to look for the good in people. But I have also spent a significant amount of time with her. I have seen the fight to control her power and the grief when it gets away." Waving a hand Kuikku continues, "Regardless, I take it your friend attempted to go to the castle? Did you get any info from them before they disappeared?"
Character
Kuikku
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Kuikku wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:37 am "Yes, I do tend to look for the good in people. But I have also spent a significant amount of time with her. I have seen the fight to control her power and the grief when it gets away." Waving a hand Kuikku continues, "Regardless, I take it your friend attempted to go to the castle? Did you get any info from them before they disappeared?"
The stranger shakes his head, a little sad. "You're already doing the job, Kuikku. I was friends with Peter, and I know you've already heard of him. He went to the castle, and didn't come back. And Peter..." he pauses, clearly for emphasis, "Peter could take me in a fight. You're gonna need help."

Then, Kuikku's ears "pop", the stranger reaches for his own ear with one finger, as if touching a communicator. "Damn it, Harsion! I thought you said I had... okay. Okay, fine." He looks up at Kuikku again.

"Change in plans, bubba. I gotta go, and you're free to go."

With that, the man turns and begins running away from Kuikku at a steady pace, leaving him to decide what he'd like to do next.

GM Edit: Here is the link to the post regarding Peter of Wright.

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

As the stranger runs off Kuikku starts walking towards the trial. He speaks to the retreating back, soft enough not to be heard. "I don't know, I got a hit on you after only two tries. And I was trying not to kill you."
Character
Kuikku

Return to “Adventure Archive”