11.1. Trial Day! (Conrad, Jameson, Jareb, Deezy and Toshiro)

Pursuit
Game Master

11.1. Trial Day! (Conrad, Jameson, Jareb, Deezy and Toshiro)

Post by Pursuit »

A High Stakes Meeting

You arrive at the mid-size building (by Avanzada Seca standards) that serves as the main offices for the Outpost Commander and are shown to a room roughly the size of a Castle Refuge briefing room. The room is sparsely decorated, with a long table, chair and a podium in front, two smaller tables with a few feet away, facing the front table, and a smattering of chairs behind. It is set up more or less like you might expect a courtroom to look, just with less pomp and circumstance.

Simmons isn’t there yet, but one of the various minor Outpost officials you’ve seen during your time there shows you in and tells you to make yourselves comfortable. “The Commander should be in shortly.”

There are a few townsfolk in attendance, along with a couple of people most of you don’t recognize. There is a tall trimadore, surely the man Tyraxas described to you (if he did), and a strikingly attractive, brunette human woman.

With a start, Conrad realizes that he recognizes the human!
For Conrad
This is Catherine, a Black Market arms smuggler you knew during Tolkeen. She was known for her daring moves in getting her wares to the Tolkeen defenders, and she made many friends amongst those who fought against the Coalition. You two may not have been close, but you were certainly well-acquainted. You helped defend one of her shipment drop-offs, and the two of you fought together when the Coalition showed up to try and take the lot (and all of you) into custody.
She gives Conrad a smile and says, “You’re certainly looking well these days.”

At that moment, Simmons and Ford enter the room together, talking animatedly. You hear Ford saying “... which is exactly why I’ve been saying you need more security out here!” He sees you all and quiets, quickly composing himself.

“Ah. The Tomorrow Legion is here. Very prompt, I see. I can respect that. I hope you all understand that none of this is personal; we simply cannot let a death like this go unchallenged.”

Your Turn

Okay, this is your time to drop in with any reactions, last minute knowledge rolls, or roleplaying you’d like to put up. Feel free to make them short, if you’d like, and I’ll endeavor to run this like an ongoing conversation, with mini-posts to respond to your characters.

As always, be sure to include a Notice roll in your first posts following this one.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Conrad

Re: 11.1. Trial Day! (Conrad, Jameson, Jareb, Deezy and Toshiro)

Post by Conrad »

Notice 12
OOC Comments
[dice:1taevngi]49891:0[/dice:1taevngi] ace [dice:1taevngi]49891:3[/dice:1taevngi]
[dice:1taevngi]49891:1[/dice:1taevngi]
Conrad enters ready to defend Deezy when he finds himself caught a little offguard by the presence of an old familiar face.
Pursuit wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:11 amShe gives Conrad a smile and says, “You’re certainly looking well these days.”
"You run into the damnest of people out here in the swamps chummer, glad you got out alive when everything in Tolkeen went FUBAR." Conrad gave her a pleasant smile and doffed his hat to her, admittedly whilst standing several feet taller than her. Inwardly, she was a reminder of Tolkeen, which as normal, was a stamp on the tail for him.

"So you and Ford are part of the same group eh?" he asks, not minded to beat around the bush when a friend's life is in danger, "so I guess you have some involvement in this place or is it this particular incident that you are here?"

Persuasion 11
OOC Comments
charisma bonus [dice:1taevngi]49891:2[/dice:1taevngi]
Persuasion [dice:1taevngi]49891:4[/dice:1taevngi]
[dice:1taevngi]49891:5[/dice:1taevngi] ace [dice:1taevngi]49891:6[/dice:1taevngi]
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy gave Ford a cheery wave, clad in her usual armored suit with the many straps and harnesses over it, and the long coat over THAT, with the Omniblaster resting back over her shoulder. When the bailiff gave her a dark look she sighed and surrendered the weapon.

"When you're done spinning your wheels making spurious charges against me," Deezy said to the black market rep, "look me up. I actually have some info that'll help you find the real culprit."
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder

TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage

TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Credits: 2000
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Jareb looked at Ford and his companion with a raised eye brow. It was at the unchallenged comment that his sword flew into his hand unconsciously. Gift giggled slightly and the angel cast an worried eye to her wondering if a diaper change was in order. No foul smell was on the horizon and with the moment broken he shethed his sword and produced the fruit of his labor: Newmon’s Guide to Swamp Justice.

He clicked his tounge and tapped the book. ” I am ready when you mortals are.”
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0,PPE:20/9
Combat edges:
  • Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
  • Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-1 speaking sign language
-2 bennies for swamp
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' »

Toshiro taps his foot impatiently. Where was everyone. The trial was bound to start soon. Kuikku at least radio'd in, though how he could be late to the trial of one of his soldiers... O well. It is what is. Toshiro just wishes that Ty at least we're here, to translate for him.

When Simmons and Ford walk in, Toshiro stands. He greets the commander with a moderately bow, as is customary to someone of authority but whose authority doesn't really extend to him. To Ford he gives a slight nod of the head, face impassive.

At Ford remarks, Toshiro's hands flash.

'unanswered' he signs, a questioning look on his face. an interesting choice of words.

Then, obviously frustrate needing to ask. Toshrio signs, Would you please translate for me, at least until Tyraxes arrives?. Toshiro hopes Ford won't subvert his intented meaning much. The last thing they need it the two of them arguing about the translation.

If Ford agrees, toshiro turns to the commander.

'security'? Did something happen? I'm not in charge of this unit, but I am sure the legion would be more than willing to assist in anyway we can if something is threatening he settlement.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]

Bennies: 1/3 [/size]
-1 for shooting reroll
+1 for commiting near suicide (being outside the vehicle)
-2 for agility rerolls

Edit Signature
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

GM Mini Update: Conrad
Conrad wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:29 am
Conrad enters ready to defend Deezy when he finds himself caught a little offguard by the presence of an old familiar face.
Pursuit wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:11 amShe gives Conrad a smile and says, “You’re certainly looking well these days.”
"You run into the damnest of people out here in the swamps chummer, glad you got out alive when everything in Tolkeen went FUBAR." Conrad gave her a pleasant smile and doffed his hat to her, admittedly whilst standing several feet taller than her. Inwardly, she was a reminder of Tolkeen, which as normal, was a stamp on the tail for him.

"So you and Ford are part of the same group eh?" he asks, not minded to beat around the bush when a friend's life is in danger, "so I guess you have some involvement in this place or is it this particular incident that you are here?"

Persuasion 11
OOC Comments
charisma bonus [dice:3922v3ad]49891:2[/dice:3922v3ad]
Persuasion [dice:3922v3ad]49891:4[/dice:3922v3ad]
[dice:3922v3ad]49891:5[/dice:3922v3ad] ace [dice:3922v3ad]49891:6[/dice:3922v3ad]
Catherine throws her head back and laughs. “Easy there, big guy. No need for the hard sell, I assure you. Yes, I’m here with Ford. Lincoln was something of a special case for us, I can tell you. He was a very profitable contact, and likeable to boot.”

Quieter, she says, “it always seemed a bit odd that he chose to stay here in the swamp when other opportunities arose. His death has quite a few people in a bit of a tizzy, and because he dealt in quite a few weapons,” she gives a little flourish, “here I am.”

As Ford walks in, she says in a barely audible whisper, “Try not to judge him too harshly, Conrad. He truly is trying to do the right thing, here, and there is more going on than you know. I think as long as you and your friends put up a good fight, you’ll all be just fine.” She gives your arm an affectionate squeeze, and then turns her attention to the exchange between Ford and Simmons.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

GM Mini Update: Deezy
Deezy Klatta wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:07 pm
"When you're done spinning your wheels making spurious charges against me," Deezy said to the black market rep, "look me up. I actually have some info that'll help you find the real culprit."
Ford raises a single eyebrow at Deezy. “I will be very honest with you, Miss Klatta. You are not the one I expected to be making me this offer.”

He nods to the rest of the group and gives a little smile. “I think ‘spurious’ is a bit harsh. Methods and madness and all that. Let’s see how this goes, shall we?”

Ford wears his normal friendly demeanor and confidence like a well-tailored jacket, but you can also see his eyes roaming back to the door over and over again, as if he is expecting someone else to arrive.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

GM Mini Update: Jareb
Jareb wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:26 pm Jareb looked at Ford and his companion with a raised eye brow. It was at the unchallenged comment that his sword flew into his hand unconsciously. Gift giggled slightly and the angel cast an worried eye to her wondering if a diaper change was in order. No foul smell was on the horizon and with the moment broken he shethed his sword and produced the fruit of his labor: Newmon’s Guide to Swamp Justice.

He clicked his tongue and tapped the book. ” I am ready when you mortals are.”
Ford is entirely unimpressed by Jareb’s display with the blade, not giving the fallen angel even the satisfaction of widened eyes at the sight of the legendary sword. “Tell me, do you take that baby with you everywhere? Surely, that must get a bit tiring.” He smiles at little Gift and whispers a few things at her in a sing-song foreign language.

When Ford notices the book, however, his brow furrows ever so slightly. He doesn’t say anything else about it, but Jareb gets the feeling that he brought the right weapon to this skirmish.
For Jareb
Roll K/Dragonese to recognize what he said to Gift. When it comes time for Jareb to make a support roll (if he chooses to), you may add +1 to his roll if you narrate him referencing something in Newmon’s Guide.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

GM Mini Update: Toshiro
Toshiro 'Cybermonk' wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:52 am At Ford remarks, Toshiro's hands flash.

'unanswered' he signs, a questioning look on his face. an interesting choice of words.

Then, obviously frustrate needing to ask. Toshrio signs, Would you please translate for me, at least until Tyraxes arrives?. Toshiro hopes Ford won't subvert his intented meaning much. The last thing they need it the two of them arguing about the translation.

If Ford agrees, toshiro turns to the commander.

'security'? Did something happen? I'm not in charge of this unit, but I am sure the legion would be more than willing to assist in anyway we can if something is threatening he settlement.
Ford flashes back to Toshiro, I said what I meant, Toshiro. You are smart; I think you can puzzle out what’s going on with enough time.

To the group, Ford says, “Toshiro here has asked that I translate for him. I trust no one has any objections?”

Without actually waiting for any objections, he says, “Commander, Toshiro would like to offer the Tomorrow Legion’s services with security, should you need them in light of the Outpost’s recent challenges. Kuikku is not here, of course, but I think you know this group well enough to know the offer is genuine, wouldn’t you say?”

He gives Toshiro a nod and flashes a quick series of hand signals: A death near town. Not burned. Investigating.

Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Jareb Mini Update Continued:

The angel contricts his wings slightly pulling Gift back a bit from the sweet smelling snake of man named Ford. I once fought for the better part of a century a demon foul and cunning. It looked like a rose and smelt as sweet... But you Ford would have given her a run for her money.

As for Gift and if he brings her aeverywhere, a simple answer would do. Jareb drops one word on Ford as if a thunder strike, ” Yes.”

He casts his gaze from the swamp so called court house looking at Tosh for a moment wondering if any of the hand singles were the sign to separate Ford’s ammoral coil.

Kn dragon with Gifted: [dice:38q9n4up]50056:0[/dice:38q9n4up] ace [dice:38q9n4up]50056:2[/dice:38q9n4up] wild [dice:38q9n4up]50056:1[/dice:38q9n4up]
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

With a simple success, @Jareb recognizes the words as belonging to an old story made once upon a time into an elvish nursery rhyme, wherein a lost dragon prince returns to his homeland and lays waste to a countryside of usurpers. Elves have weird nursery rhymes.

Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Jareb glances at his swampy guide book of law prepared to make his last play before this so called court begins. ” I have spent many long hours learning the lessons of the mortals. Even consulted with one who had lived umong laws restrictive and forthright...” The Angle pauses wondering if he should have consulted the others before he speaks his mind. Now is not the time for meal and mild manners.

” I would submit myself forward, as Newman himself once did, as judge and arbiter of these proceedings. While it is true I travel with Deezy I believe you would find me as impartial as any. Before you reject such an offer, I would ask you to consider this a sign of not just good faith but tremendous faith. Upon my divine soul And May the celestials strike me down if my honor is impeached.”

Jareb relaxes for a moment having said his piece dropping the verbal mic. Gift softly coos.
Jareb Combat data
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad looks down at the weapons dealer

"You know, I hate all this cloak and dagger frakking mess. That's the closest any of you has actually come to actually giving me a straight answer in the mess." Frakking fed up of secrets

Then he hears Jareb's offer oh for....
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy chuckled at Jareb. "I think they have to use their own judge, big guy, or else no one would believe the result!"

She then gives Ford a wink.

"I get it, man. I totes get you! This whole thing...you probably think Sierra did it, right? Because of COURSE you do! Burster. Hot fire. All that. Obvious suspect! But then...why not accuse her? Because you had no proof! Just like you have none on me! The DIFFERENCE is that you knew I'd follow up on it, because...OF COURSE I would! Like I'd just sit on my heels and let your case fizzle out! NOPE. So now you have ME investigating and YOU can sit on YOUR heels! But the joke's on YOU!"

With a clap of her hands, Deezy shook her head. "Sierra didn't do it. I checked that! I narrowed the field!"

"And of course, it goes without saying...but I'll say it ANYWAY...if you'd just ASKED for help in the FIRST place, we'd probably have figured out the REAL killer by now!"

"Just saying. I, uh, rest my case? I think?"
OOC Comments

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!

Edges
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Jareb wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:22 am Jareb glances at his swampy guide book of law prepared to make his last play before this so called court begins. ” I have spent many long hours learning the lessons of the mortals. Even consulted with one who had lived umong laws restrictive and forthright...” The Angle pauses wondering if he should have consulted the others before he speaks his mind. Now is not the time for meal and mild manners.

” I would submit myself forward, as Newman himself once did, as judge and arbiter of these proceedings. While it is true I travel with Deezy I believe you would find me as impartial as any. Before you reject such an offer, I would ask you to consider this a sign of not just good faith but tremendous faith. Upon my divine soul And May the celestials strike me down if my honor is impeached.”

Jareb relaxes for a moment having said his piece dropping the verbal mic. Gift softly coos.
Ford seems genuinely startled by Jareb's ploy, and gives him a slight nod of acknowledgement, as if to say "well played."

Simmons buts in before Ford can speak, however. "While that is certainly a generous offer, Jareb, as you point out, you know and travel with Deezy, and I am afraid that not all parties would accept any ruling you might give. That said, you are of course welcome to speak at the hearing in a moment when we begin, and I will certainly take into account your earnestness when weighing the evidence."

For having raised his esteem in the eyes of both the judge (Simmons) and the accuser (Ford), Jareb will get a +1 to any support rolls he makes to help Deezy during the trial.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Conrad wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:06 pm Conrad looks down at the weapons dealer

"You know, I hate all this cloak and dagger frakking mess. That's the closest any of you has actually come to actually giving me a straight answer in the mess." Frakking fed up of secrets

Then he hears Jareb's offer oh for....
She whispers back, "you know straight answers don't come cheap, Conrad. It's not called the Black Market for nothing."

When Jareb makes his offer, Catherine practically squees.

"Oh," she continues in a whisper to Conrad, "that was very cleverly done. I didn't think you had grifters in the Tomorrow Legion." She says this without a hint of irony or shame; she seems genuinely impressed.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Deezy Klatta wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:14 am Deezy chuckled at Jareb. "I think they have to use their own judge, big guy, or else no one would believe the result!"

She then gives Ford a wink.

"I get it, man. I totes get you! This whole thing...you probably think Sierra did it, right? Because of COURSE you do! Burster. Hot fire. All that. Obvious suspect! But then...why not accuse her? Because you had no proof! Just like you have none on me! The DIFFERENCE is that you knew I'd follow up on it, because...OF COURSE I would! Like I'd just sit on my heels and let your case fizzle out! NOPE. So now you have ME investigating and YOU can sit on YOUR heels! But the joke's on YOU!"

With a clap of her hands, Deezy shook her head. "Sierra didn't do it. I checked that! I narrowed the field!"

"And of course, it goes without saying...but I'll say it ANYWAY...if you'd just ASKED for help in the FIRST place, we'd probably have figured out the REAL killer by now!"

"Just saying. I, uh, rest my case? I think?"
Ford says, "certainly an interesting theory, young lady. You may want to save off on resting your case until the hearing officially begins. I am very curious to hear all about this evidence you have gathered."

Ford is shameless, and he seems to have a bit of a twinkle in his eye as he speaks to Deezy.

Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Jareb pats Gift on the head and keeps his eyes on his adversery. Their rebuttle to his offer while not surprising was disapointing. How could I ever accept any kind of ruling these mortals dole out? They angel glances over at Tosh doubel checking to make sure the mute did not give the “time to kill” gesture. Sadly even though Jareb feigned not knowing the man’s hand signals he knew enough to know that kill time may need to be delayed.

Jareb fixed Gift in her carrier making sure she had her mr. diggles and bottle of blue milk. Then hoisted the pack onto his back ready to venture inside.

He pauses a moment to speak his mind giving the mortal’s gather one last chance to repent, ” I am rememinded of long ago... A great flood was approaching a small village. An order was given to evacuate, yet one man stayed behind telling folks that God would save him. As the waters rose a man in a boat sailed near to the house calling out to the man who had now ventured to the rooftop in order to stay dry. The man in the boat said, Hurry, Hurry get in and I will row you to safty. The man on the house called back No no I am religious, I go to church every Sunday and God will save me. Still the waters higher and higher and a helicopter flew over head and dropped down a rope ladder. Over the helicopter’s loud speaker the would be rescuers called, grab hold and we will pull you to saftey. The man on the roof looked at the rising water that had dystroyed his neighbor hood and yelled back, No no no I am religious and God Loves me. He will save me.” Jareb paused for a moment staring down those who wished to continue with this farse, ” Well he died, and when he met me at the Pearly Gates and asked why God did not save him. I told him that God sent him a warning, a boat, and a helicopter. What was he waiting for?” Jareb allowed himself a small smile recounting the story. ” I realize my offer was unexpected and I certainly would never mean to offend Judge Simmons. But, sometimes you must have faith in order to see the truth. I ask you as I did this man, What are you waiting for?” Jareb looks hard at the judge’s response trying to determine how far under Ford’s control she was.
Jareb Combat data
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' »

Pursuit wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:43 pm
Ford flashes back to Toshiro, I said what I meant, Toshiro. You are smart; I think you can puzzle out what’s going on with enough time.

To the group, Ford says, “Toshiro here has asked that I translate for him. I trust no one has any objections?”

Without actually waiting for any objections, he says, “Commander, Toshiro would like to offer the Tomorrow Legion’s services with security, should you need them in light of the Outpost’s recent challenges. Kuikku is not here, of course, but I think you know this group well enough to know the offer is genuine, wouldn’t you say?”

He gives Toshiro a nod and flashes a quick series of hand signals: A death near town. Not burned. Investigating.
Toshiro raises his eyebrows at the mention of yet another death. For a small village like this, one murder would be talk of the town for months. Two... well, that may well incite panic.

Another death? he signs. Who?

After Fords answer, Toshiro pauses considering. Then, against what he thinks he team would consider "better judgement, he takes a small leap of faith.

Ford, I don't think you genuinely think Deezy is guilty here. I'm not sure what you are hoping to get out of this but if you need something from us for this to play out the way you expect....I remind you that you are I are the only ones who understand the signing between us....
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]

Bennies: 1/3 [/size]
-1 for shooting reroll
+1 for commiting near suicide (being outside the vehicle)
-2 for agility rerolls

Edit Signature
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Sign Language 14
Sign Language(gifted): [dice:2cqizpab]50403:0[/dice:2cqizpab] ace [dice:2cqizpab]50403:2[/dice:2cqizpab] ace [dice:2cqizpab]50403:3[/dice:2cqizpab] ace [dice:2cqizpab]50403:4[/dice:2cqizpab]wild [dice:2cqizpab]50403:1[/dice:2cqizpab]
The signs were fast and furious. The last one Tosh laid down was pretty lengthy. Gift giggled and Jareb tuned just in time to catch Toshes last gambit. Pretending he was tickling Gift and making sure the backs of his adversary were behind him he flashes back Understood.
Jareb Combat data
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Jareb wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:23 am Jareb pats Gift on the head and keeps his eyes on his adversery. Their rebuttle to his offer while not surprising was disapointing. How could I ever accept any kind of ruling these mortals dole out? They angel glances over at Tosh doubel checking to make sure the mute did not give the “time to kill” gesture. Sadly even though Jareb feigned not knowing the man’s hand signals he knew enough to know that kill time may need to be delayed.

Jareb fixed Gift in her carrier making sure she had her mr. diggles and bottle of blue milk. Then hoisted the pack onto his back ready to venture inside.

He pauses a moment to speak his mind giving the mortal’s gather one last chance to repent, ” I am rememinded of long ago... A great flood was approaching a small village. An order was given to evacuate, yet one man stayed behind telling folks that God would save him. As the waters rose a man in a boat sailed near to the house calling out to the man who had now ventured to the rooftop in order to stay dry. The man in the boat said, Hurry, Hurry get in and I will row you to safty. The man on the house called back No no I am religious, I go to church every Sunday and God will save me. Still the waters higher and higher and a helicopter flew over head and dropped down a rope ladder. Over the helicopter’s loud speaker the would be rescuers called, grab hold and we will pull you to saftey. The man on the roof looked at the rising water that had dystroyed his neighbor hood and yelled back, No no no I am religious and God Loves me. He will save me.” Jareb paused for a moment staring down those who wished to continue with this farse, ” Well he died, and when he met me at the Pearly Gates and asked why God did not save him. I told him that God sent him a warning, a boat, and a helicopter. What was he waiting for?” Jareb allowed himself a small smile recounting the story. ” I realize my offer was unexpected and I certainly would never mean to offend Judge Simmons. But, sometimes you must have faith in order to see the truth. I ask you as I did this man, What are you waiting for?” Jareb looks hard at the judge’s response trying to determine how far under Ford’s control she was.
Simmons gives Jareb a cross look.
For Jareb, Never Mind About that Bonus
Welp, now she's ticked off. Jareb will not get the +1 to support rolls for this scene (but he won't be penalized, either).

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Toshiro 'Cybermonk' wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:54 am Toshiro raises his eyebrows at the mention of yet another death. For a small village like this, one murder would be talk of the town for months. Two... well, that may well incite panic.

Another death? he signs. Who?
Ford signs back, Not now.
Toshiro 'Cybermonk' wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:54 am After Fords answer, Toshiro pauses considering. Then, against what he thinks he team would consider "better judgement, he takes a small leap of faith.

Ford, I don't think you genuinely think Deezy is guilty here. I'm not sure what you are hoping to get out of this but if you need something from us for this to play out the way you expect....I remind you that you are I are the only ones who understand the signing between us....
Ford takes a moment to think, and signs back, a Ranger was killed. Ma'arlys will be angry. Maybe help her look into it? He juts his chin in the direction of the big Grackle Tooth, who at some point entered the room almost without notice.
Jareb wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:05 pm
Sign Language 14
Sign Language(gifted): [dice:37zjd07i]50403:0[/dice:37zjd07i] ace [dice:37zjd07i]50403:2[/dice:37zjd07i] ace [dice:37zjd07i]50403:3[/dice:37zjd07i] ace [dice:37zjd07i]50403:4[/dice:37zjd07i]wild [dice:37zjd07i]50403:1[/dice:37zjd07i]
The signs were fast and furious. The last one Tosh laid down was pretty lengthy. Gift giggled and Jareb tuned just in time to catch Toshes last gambit. Pretending he was tickling Gift and making sure the backs of his adversary were behind him he flashes back Understood.
Jareb sees and understands. What he does about it, if anything, is entirely up to him...

Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Ford says, "certainly an interesting theory, young lady. You may want to save off on resting your case until the hearing officially begins. I am very curious to hear all about this evidence you have gathered."

Deezy shrugs. "I'd be happy to tell you, but I guess we have to wait for the hearing to officially begin or whatever."

"You know though, I'm halfway tempted to just throw this whole thing, get thrown out of town, and take my business somewhere else and let you...just...fail. Because this whole thing is just a...like a whole series of stupidity. Not ONE stupid thing, but a whole bunch of them in rapid succession like railgun bullets. It kind of burns my beans that you're going to get what you want. Hmph."

With a thunderous pout she flops into a seat to await the trial.
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Pursuit wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:04 am She whispers back, "you know straight answers don't come cheap, Conrad. It's not called the Black Market for nothing."

When Jareb makes his offer, Catherine practically squees.

"Oh," she continues in a whisper to Conrad, "that was very cleverly done. I didn't think you had grifters in the Tomorrow Legion." She says this without a hint of irony or shame; she seems genuinely impressed.
"That's what this is all about," Conrad shakes his head, "the idea of just coming out and asking for our assistance just never occurred to him did it. We're not a merc group; we did not ask for anything when we saved the town. Deezy was instrumental in dealing with the threat and one of the reasons why a lot of people here aren't dead from the plague." Whilst Conrad is talking to Catherine, his voice is a little loud, not shouting, but almost announcing to the room.

"The Tomorrow Legion take in all sorts Catherine," he says quieter, "some looking to do good, others for redemption. Throws up a few interesting skills chummer."

Return to “Adventure Archive”