Trapped in Hell

What's come before
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Trapped in Hell

Post by Ndreare »

Unwilling to let even a single child go un-rescued from the orphanage the heroes move back and forth working as well as possible, looking under every bed and in every cabinet. The children all fearful of what was happening where found hidden in bathtubs, cabinets, under-beds, closets, even in a hidden crawl space between the walls.

Not every child out helps or even runs ad many of them stare with blank eyes are the buildings walls now like living flesh pulsing and dying in its death throes. Doing their best to protect the children The 99 even find many of the perspective clients forced with the decision of rescuing them or letting them go the decision is made easier with many of them who are so stained with the demonic power they need taken down themselves.

The many scenes that flow through the windows as you run through the building. The strange focusing effect of the scenes and its very nature is hard for even the hardiest of you to handle. But as it settles down The 99 finally make it to edge as the building burns into the last remains of ash. They find themselves standing on a parched plain of dry land and emptiness.

As they look in each direction they catch glimpse of different hells each layered in misery that can be felt as well as seen. But worst of all looking in each direction you see other hell gates where four Demon Lords so powerful and alien as to be nearly unknowable access the earth. Their evil and corruption stretches through to the world. Each time as soon as you focus on the site you feel your awareness pulled in as it rushes to extreme detail and the emotions of it override your own emotions.

Closest too you only a few hundred miles Southeast where Castle Refuge should be a being so large and gaunt you are left empty and and feeling useless just to perceive it.
OOC Comments
Hunger.jpg
To the East standing over what must be perhaps Chi-Town you see a image so potent you are filled with rage and the desire to make war immediately. The names of all your enemies who have been allowed to escape comes over you and even the fools next to you in their efforts to spare so many. The only question you feel is should you kill those next to you or can you use them to find your other enemies.
OOC Comments
War.jpg
Far to the west in the land that should be healthiest and full of verdant life can be seen disease and pestilence. Consuming the nutrition of the very earth itself. Every moment you see that its influence changes all around it, turning the things once thought good into evil, things once pure into corruption.
OOC Comments
pest.jpg
Southwest towards Pecos and Mexico you see Death, walking among his enemies, content to see them work on his behalf. In his slow walk you see even the beings that create the vampire plagues merely serve him as tools. His power fueled by the power of the others as well, Death walks the land.
OOC Comments
Death.jpg
Worst of all as you see these great beings you realize they are more than simply four great evils. They are like forces of nature, each of them touching the earth not just on one location, but in hundreds of locations, touching hundreds of plains as the very laws of nature around them are bent to serve them.

As you take assessment you realize not all of The 99 are here with you. Somehow only a few of there are present crawling from the rubble...

Instructions
As reward for saving all the Children: Each of you has gained 10 Experience (2 advances) that may be spent now.
Include in your post an out of character box with you Legendary Table selection and your 2 Advances chosen.

Write an in character post as you look around the parched land and see/experience the horrors as well as your assessing of the others around you.

Include what happened to the clients you came across, either in character or in a OOC tag.

Any players not posting I will assume are not with you, this include the extras. When those players make it back we will bring them in.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Miles RAD Radoslav

Re: Trapped in Hell

Post by Miles RAD Radoslav »

Psi-blades blazing in each hand, Sir William slowly turns, surveying the creatures surrounding him. As though in response to the hellish surroundings, his blades seem to glow even more brightly, shedding an intense blue-white glare all around him. He searches the dry plains for signs of his comrades, at first seeing none. He shrugs. "Best that they made their escape anyway," he thinks.

After a long moment looking at each of the creatures, he turns his attention to the gaunt being standing over Castle Refuge. Every cyber-knight's destiny is defined by a vision; his own had led him to the castle and, he had thought, guided him to be its protector. "If I cannot protect the castle in my own world, I shall see if it needs protecting here." Before setting out, he searches the area for signs of any of the 99s who might be trapped there with him.
Rad
Character Name: Miles "RAD" Radoslav
Parry:8/7, Toughness: 13/5
ISP:
10 /10
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 3
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Notice
Notice [dice:1hii405s]46889:0[/dice:1hii405s]
Wild [dice:1hii405s]46889:1[/dice:1hii405s]
Leethe finds herself trapped in the rubble. Rays of red light shining in through the cracks. In fact light seem to be shining off an object. She crawls over and grabs it. Taking a look at the object she says out loud. "My pendant... It seems different though.."

Legendary Table and Advances
Legendary Table: Badass Clothing, 4 TW upgrades
Proposed item
Crystal Star Pendant
Activation Cost: 2 PP
Stores: 20 PP
  • Power: Armor
  • +10 Stored PPE
  • +10 Stored PPE
  • Edge: Champion
Advances
  • Fervor
  • vigor +1 die type.
She puts the pendant in her pocket and starts crawling around to find a way out of the rubble. After what seems like forever, she pokes her head out. "Finally!" She exclaims. She takes a looks around at the surround areas, noting the demon lords controlling each. "Oh my... that's not good."

She spots Sir William, "Hey William."
Last edited by Leethe on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Pace: 6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 12(5)
Note: When she has shroud up, all attacks against her suffer -1 penalty and she gains +1 to stealth trait rolls.
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2
ISP: 38 / 40 ; Energy: 10/15 Item Energy: 20/20
Bennies: 1 / 3
Golden Bennies: 0
Log
Q4 2019
  • 10/1: Benny spent for reroll of Psionic skill
  • Benny reset
  • 11/26: Benny for Soak and Benny for Reroll
Edit Signature
Miles RAD Radoslav

Sir William turns. "Ms. Leethe. It seems we have ended up... elsewhere. Have you seen any sign of the others?" He gestures at the emaciated demon. "I had thought to travel south towards Castle Refuge and see what exists there in this world, but if others are here, we should tend to them first."
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

Hardin crawls from the rubble, his face damaged - an obvious sign of how he died. His translucence reveals him to be an apparition, and as he sees The 99 crawling out he waves his hands around trying to get Sir William's and Leethe's attention. He points to a spot where a small goblin is buried under the rubble. If Sir William and Leethe approach, Hardin's image will progressively disappear and then reappear over the next buried hero. Finally, when the last survivor is found, Hardin gives a sorrowful look, easily communicating his regret that the team is trapped in hell.
Hardin and Jane
Hardin a Half-Elf Psi-Slinger
Parry: 5
Toughness: 10(3)
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d12, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Stealth d6, Riding d6 + 3, Notice d8, Psionics d12, Survival d6, Intimidate d8 + 3
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +2 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis) on a raise, gains effects of Steady Hands, Resist Energy (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*) costs +1 ISP to activate and has different trappings for each attribute and linked skills
Charisma: -2 (Half-elves treated as outsiders)
Equipment of Note: A Spiffy Hat (+1 to Intimidation, Rapid Recharge Edge, +2 to damage w/TW weapons or direct damage powers, Always Present)

Jane a Bandito Arms Robot Mustang
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d12
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d4, Stealth d8, Swimming d6, Notice d8 + 4, Survival d6
Pace: 12 (Acc/TS 10/50)
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(10) MDC
Notes/Special Features:
  • All-Terrain: +2 to Riding checks
  • Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice, power armor sensor package)
  • Kick does Strength + d6 Mega Damage
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Expanded Detection and Security Array (Danger Sense Edge and +2 to Notice)
  • Extraction (Agility roll to break off from melee without giving a free attack)
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

Notice w/ danger sense 5
Notice [dice:110qeyp3]46952:0[/dice:110qeyp3]
Wild [dice:110qeyp3]46952:1[/dice:110qeyp3]
There are some places in the multiverse that living beings should never go — realms that are so evil, so hostile to life, that merely gazing upon them could kill. Some of those places Foxx mother would describe to her, not to spark her interest but to warn never to go. She learn more about these realms in the sacred tomes that merely mentioning their existence would spell death to the reader. Despite the reading and the warnings and being careful with the magical Rifts, she still wound up in Hell.

Funny she wound up the in the one place many evil beings wish she would go; only if the situation were as funny. She claws her way through the rumble until she can see the land. Four directions and each one was guarded by legends worse. "Darks forests have mercy on us," she mutters. Seeing two of her companions standing, and sadly, another hovering over those still in the rubble. She moves forward to help those she can out so. The team was going to need each and everyone to pull together if they were going to get out of this realm.
Legendary Table

Wold of Badass: Wild dice now 1d8
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Character Name: Fauxalyn, Foxx
Parry: 5; Toughness: 5, Armor: 12 (+7), Spell & Armor: 22 (+7 & +10)
PP: 65/25
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Observation Sphere
  • Ley Line Phasing
Bennies: 2

Edges:
  • Improved Rapid Recharge
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Armor/Greater Armor, Bolt/Onslaught, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Dispel/Exalted Dispel, Invisibility/True Invisibility, Teleport/Greater Teleport

Legendary Trait:
  • World of Badass - Wild dice now 1d8
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto's selections
Neeto chose Big Damn Hero for his Legendary Table entry, and advanced to Seasoned 3 due to the XP adjustment. He has added 1 die Smarts, +5 PPE x2, +1 to Kn: Engineering & TW skill, and Scholar (Kn: Engineering & Kn: Arcana).
Neeto stands up from the impromptu cover he had made out of some of his jello steel walls. He stares at the desolation, despair, and rage before him, surrounding him. He sighs, spits into the dirt, and mutters. "Well, Hell."
He shakes his head and looks down at his feet. He notices his All-Purpose Techno Snazzy Gloves are covered in dust, blood, and assorted demonic viscera. "ACK!" Quickly, he pulls a rag from his back pocket and begins wiping furiously at the filth and grime on each glove. "FILTHY! This crap's gonna foul up my machine! ARGH!"
He looks around frantically, hoping to see some sign of the 99, or anyone. He spots one of the hapless clients, a fellow that truly deserves to be here. "HEY YOU! C'MERE!" He sprints over to the dazed cur, smacks him once across the back of the head, and shouts. "This is all your fault! Don't ya move a muscle or I'll fry yer innards with yer outtards!" The shellshocked fellow lies in the dust, whimpering at his new predicament. "Quicherbitchin! Nits like you are who oughta be here. Why'd ol' Neeto get dragged here?! Lemme see that." He tears a section of the client's shirt and proceeds to wipe down some of his tools and gears. "Alright, fella. Yer comin' with me. Gonna need someone fer the demons ta eat instead'a me."
He coaxes the pathetic man to his feet and prods him forward, eventually stumbling on Foxx, Leethe, and William. "Hey. Uh...how'd we end up in Hell, and how the Hell do we get outta...Hell?" His gaze falls on Hardin. The gremlin's mouth drops open. "Fella...snit. I'm guessin' I owe ya one. Don't know how to fix it though. Sorry. Maybe we figger out howta get outta here, you come with us?"
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Bennies: -2 (spending EP)
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Toughness: 8 (4)
PPE: 11/15
Gadgets: 2/5 - Bolt (8 PPE); Smite; Entangle

Edit Signature
Miles RAD Radoslav

Sir William bows his head before Hardin. "Your heroic deeds will not go unremembered, warrior." Turning to the others, he adds, "I fear dimensional travel is far beyond my experience, but I know that some of you arrived on Earth via Rift. Have you any ideas for how we can escape this place?"
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Foxx

Post by Foxx »

"Fine a Ley Line Nexus and hope for the best," Foxx said. "If there is a Rift open there I can control it to send us back." She glanced about looking for some, any, a remanent of a ley line. Once they found one it would be easy to follow it till they came into contact with a Nexus. "The only problem we have is dealing with whoever controls the nexus. I'm sure in this infernal realm, Nexus are sought after and protector as places of powers for the beings that live here." She looked around a the desolation. "If anything still lives here."
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Armor/Greater Armor, Bolt/Onslaught, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Dispel/Exalted Dispel, Invisibility/True Invisibility, Teleport/Greater Teleport

Legendary Trait:
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

"I haven't seen anyone yet." She looks off towards Castle Refuge, "perhaps... the vision..." Then she sees Hardin's ghost. She mouths the words, "thank you." but has a sad look on her face. She moves over to start helping the others get out from where they are buried.
Sir William bows his head before Hardin. "Your heroic deeds will not go unremembered, warrior." Turning to the others, he adds, "I fear dimensional travel is far beyond my experience, but I know that some of you arrived on Earth via Rift. Have you any ideas for how we can escape this place?"
She turns to Sir William. "Well, i think my former self once built a quantum parallax phase inverter ingress generator. BUT I'm not sure I exactly know how she did that. She kinda had some help from a...."
Status Tracker
Leethe

Note: When she has shroud up, all attacks against her suffer -1 penalty and she gains +1 to stealth trait rolls.
Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto raises his hand. "I can build anything, lady." He looks around, a little dejected. "Probably hafta tear apart some of yer gear though. Short on materials in Hell."
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Miles RAD Radoslav

"Excellent," says Sir William. "That gives us two plans for returning to our own world and continuing our work there." He looks at Foxx. "Lady Foxx, if you would care to conduct some reconnaissance for a nexus, I would of course be available to act as guard and help deal with any hostiles we might encounter."
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Vincent Gray
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Vincent Gray »

OOC Comments
WIP, taking can't get away legendary roll
An Ostrosaurus materializes out of a wall of smoke. Its rider is a lean tall man, wearing dark red armor with arcane symbols engraved into it. Without a word, the Ostrosaurus lowers itself so that the man can hop off. He puts up his hands as if to show that he means no harm and then pulls the faceplate back. He has a stern face with short black hair and piercing blue eyes. He nods to the group as the Ostrosaurus stands back up to it's full height, tail flicking about impatiently. "Welcome to hell. I'm Nash."
Signature
Vincent Gray Human Rogue Scientist
Pace: 6; Parry: 2 Toughness: 13(6)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Strong-Willed
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PPE: 15/15
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
Novice (44) Boom Head Shot! You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
Seasoned (38) Folk Hero Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances.
The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

"We will need to find a ley line," she replies. Even on the wrong side of the after life, Hell had to have magic energies that criss-cross it like other worlds. it would have to in order to support the four power houses that loom over them, promising doom regardless of their best efforts. Hm, her soul seem to find this place very depressing as well. She watches the rider appear from out of the murky mists. Her hands coming up to weave the destructive magics at her call. When he offers no aggressive stance she holds back and waits his actions.

"Hello, Nash, I am Foxx. I hope you have come to show us the nearest exit from here?"
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Legendary Trait:
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto lowers his hands as the rider dismounts. He shakes his head at the welcome. "Didn't wanna come here, don't wanna be here. You can show us the door if ya want." He offers a hand to the new guy. "Neeto Cogcoil."
Nash
If Nash accepts and shakes Neeto's hand, he finds himself on the receiving end of an electrified hand buzzer, giving him a bit of a shock and start, though no permanent damage. "HA! I just put that one together 'fore I got dragged to the orphanage. Yer my test dummy. Guess it worked!"
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Nash

Post by Nash »

Nash shakes his head and offers Leethe a grim smile. "I'm looking for a way out myself..."
He shakes Neeto's hand. "A pleas..." he yanks his hand back as the current jolts up his arm. "Damn it!" he yells. The Ostroaurus inches toward Neeto. It bends down and breathes in his face, the stench of rancid meat and rotting teeth washing over the gremlin.
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

Foxx is quick to move to their goblin and the dino-creature-thing. The price of working with goblins and their never-ending mischief. "Easy, he did not mean any harm. After the experiences of getting here, we could use the moment of levity. No hard feelings, yes?"
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Legendary Trait:
Nash

Post by Nash »

Nash smiles and the beast relaxes. "I only tease. As you say, a break in the tension is welcome." The dinosaur licks Neeto, bathing his face in a stench that makes wet garbage appealing. "I am an experienced dimensional traveler, but am yet to crack this nut. Any assistance would be welcome."
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto goes rigid, having not thought all the way through the consequences of a prank on a man with a pet dinosaur. He stands frozen as the beast covers him and all his gadgets in slime. He whimpers, then reaches for a rag, only to find it, too, covered in dinosaur spit. "Guess I didn't think that one through too good, did I?" He sighs, looks at his filthy toolkit, then mumbles something about making the nearby client walk around Hell in his birthday suit.
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As each of the heroes gather up an begin to move in the direction of Castle Refuge the dry and unwelcoming feeling of hell begins to work its way into them. Their skin crawls with the unholy entropy energy all around them. Something to this environment prevents them from thinking clearly or even breathing clearly.

The team cannot tell if they have been walking for minutes or hours when they see a city ahead of them, populated with mix of various gaunt and miserable mortal races primarily human in nature the Heroes have a chance to move in and gain more information or circle around (a task that could take a day or two at most).

Unwelcome in Hell
Your PPE recovery has completely stalled recovering at 1/5th its normal rate. Each time you try to draw on the power around you the dark and evil nature of it begins to coat your bones like oil. You know if you are not exceedingly careful you will become like the native beings of this plane.
You may chose to recover your Spirit in PPE per hour by accepting 1 corruption per hour. You may accept up to Spirit/2 in Corruption before your character goes insane and becomes an evil NPC.

Your ISP recovery is slowed to 1/2 its normal rate.

Mechanically it has been two hours.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Neeto Cogcoil wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:17 pm Neeto raises his hand. "I can build anything, lady." He looks around, a little dejected. "Probably hafta tear apart some of yer gear though. Short on materials in Hell."
"You are versed in pan dimension physics and temporal physics? That is amazing?" she replies back to Neeto. The man on the dinosuar shows up and introduces himself, as well as the rest of the team introducing themselves to him. "I'm Leethe by the way.. well I guess that is what I go by. Technically my name is..." Then she stops as she thinks better of stating that fact. "Perhaps I better keep that to myself. Dimensional traveler you say, have you ever been to anti universe?"
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto blinks, a little stupefied at the girl in front of him. "Lady, you kiddin'? I once hit my buddy with a gag. I rigged up these jet boots to make him run faster fer a race he wanted to win. He was a big fat cheater, but he paid, so I didn't care. Anyway, the jets were just flash. They didn't do nothin'. What I did was wired a flux capacitor into the soles. The whole thing shorted time just enough to make him look like he was fast. The test run, though, I switched the polarity. Ever seen the look on a human's face when he's runnin' so slow he's goin' backwards?" He snickers. "That was freakin' hilarious!" He looks around again, realizes where he is, feels the oppressive spirit, and the grin fades from his face. "Snit. We're still in Hell. Yeah, lady, I can build it. Just need parts."
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Nash

Post by Nash »

Nash shakes his head. "Can't say that I have, yet." He turns his attention to the gremlin, looking him over as one might a new animal at the local zoo. "Any chance you might be able to build something the get us out of here?"
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto's mouth drops open. "I..." He looks around, then back to the new meat. "Yer kiddin', right? The lady just talked about pan dimensional and temporal physics. Ya got stuffin' in them ears, big guy?" He drags a pair of dinosaur-slime covered tweezers out of his pocket. "I can clear that right out for ya. Open up a whole new world! Might even be able to use whatever's in there for my gizmo. Industrial grade earwax, pal." He clicks the tweezers at Nash, as if to emphasize his intent to dig around in Nash's auditory canal.
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Nash

Post by Nash »

Nash smiles. Suddenly, Neeto feels a hot gust of wind. He glances back to see the Ostorosaurus inches away from him, predatory eyes engaged on its next meal.

"No, friend, no wax. Well if you all don't have a way out of here, and I don't either... maybe we should put our talents together to see if the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts?"

The beast's hot wet tounge licks it's lips, saliva spilling out.
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto keeps an eye on the dinosaur while addressing Nash. "Maybe tell yer pet that I ain't even a mouthful fer 'im an' I can build a portal with the right gear, so he doesn't hafta eat dust in Hell?" The gremlin waves a rag in front of his own face, hoping to stave off the stench of dinosaur breath.
It doesn't work.
"Bet I can make some dinosaur mouthwash too."
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

"To build whatever device we make, we're gonna need parts. The castle is probably the best place.... or that." Leethe looks off to the east. "That could be an option.. but i don't know if it will work."
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Miles RAD Radoslav

"I feel a - call - to the Castle. But I will abide by the group's decision of how to proceed."
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto shrugs. "I ain't gonna complain. If all'a ya wanna head toward that big nasty instead of the other big nasties, I don't care. We ain't goin' nowhere standin' around like this though. Wonder if I can rig a saddle on this loser here." He jabs an elbow into the hip of the displaced orphanage client.
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Leethe has recovered 1 ISP in the Two Hours of travel.

"Look there is a town." Leethe points at the town, "Should we check it out?" She looks over at Sir William. "I guess I should ask since you just sorta fell into the role with LC gone missing and Hardin... dead. Are you ok with leading right now?"
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Nash

Post by Nash »

"Trust me" says Nash. "It's best to keep moving." He yanks at the Ostrasaurus's reins, causing it to stand erect. "Shall we?" he says, the Ostrasaur walking toward the city.
Miles RAD Radoslav

Leethe wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:04 am "Look there is a town." Leethe points at the town, "Should we check it out?" She looks over at Sir William. "I guess I should ask since you just sorta fell into the role with LC gone missing and Hardin... dead. Are you ok with leading right now?"
Sir William sighs. "It seems a necessity. Let us explore this settlement. Perhaps we can find equipment and supplies that will either allow us to leave or provide for a longer journey." Shouldering his rifle, he follows Nash towards the city, gesturing for the others to follow.
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Sir William Mahan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:12 am Sir William sighs. "It seems a necessity. Let us explore this settlement. Perhaps we can find equipment and supplies that will either allow us to leave or provide for a longer journey." Shouldering his rifle, he follows Nash towards the city, gesturing for the others to follow.
"If you need any tactical help, just let me know then. I'm well versed in battle knowledge." With her sword strapped to her back, she follows the others into town.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

OOC Comments
Thank you for letting me know if you go in or around. I was desperately hoping you would go in.
As the heroes enter the city they find themselves ignored entirely by the residents. Like water flowing around a stone the locals divide, walking around the heroes leaving them unmolested. The gaunt faces of the residents have gone so slack that when combined with their nice clothes and make-up they remind you of the corpses you have seen in funeral processions, as if only a mockery of the living beings who once inhabited the bodies.

Vendors are set up where the residents silently bid on various things, pointing and using their hands to indicate values. Once someone wins an auction they quickly hide under their clothes as they head home you assume to explore their purchases.

The whole affair has an eerie strangeness to it as if something is there that you cannot place you finger quite on. The atmosphere is such that you find yourselves all silent, even Neeto, in observation. You know talking would be possible if you needed too. But somehow it feels as if such a thing would would only disturb the busy crowd.

Watching for a while you realize no one touches anyone else. Even in the densest crowds where the auctions are happening people somehow move without touching each other. The only exaggerations are caused when the heroes move through as if out of place forcing others to move to prevent being touched themselves.

Make a Notice Roll
On a success you notice, the way the boxes move and are handled is strange. After watching for a brief period you realize the boxes look empty, or nearly so the way people are handling them.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Miles RAD Radoslav

Notice
[dice:3139l5cr]48468:0[/dice:3139l5cr]-3 Wild [dice:3139l5cr]48468:1[/dice:3139l5cr] - 3
Sir William is so distressed by the gaunt faces around him that he pays no attention to the boxes. Indeed, he narrowly avoids colliding with some of the residents of the town as he stares mournfully in their faces. "I wonder if we can bring some of these poor souls with us?" he thinks, then takes one of the residents by the arm. "I am Sir William Mahan, Cyber Knight. We are seeking an escape from this dimension, and are willing to bring you with us if you wish."
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Notice
Notice
[dice:1bl9ygv0]48479:0[/dice:1bl9ygv0]

WD Notice
[dice:1bl9ygv0]48479:1[/dice:1bl9ygv0]
Neeto, uncharacteristically silent, soaks in the strangeness of Helltown. Well, what name would you come up with? The scene is freakish. Animated corpses, or so they seem, scurry like ants to bid on these packages. Neeto watches the bidding process carefully in order to ascertain the means and method of exchange. Gotta be some kind of cash or credit bein' traded. Barter? Gads. Their souls? No, you twerp. They're already in Hell. How much worse does it get? He continues watching until the eerie, but universally held silence, is broken by Sir William.
The gremlin cringes as he whips his head around to look at the cyber knight, his teeth gritted and expecting backlash from the inhabitants of this forsaken place. He jams his finger to his lips in an effort to shush the noble knight without further disrupting the silence. He does his best to mouth we don't know what's going on here! Instinctively, his hand goes for one of his guns, hoping to prepare a defense should these people take violent offense to the disruption.
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

Notice w/Danger sense 2
Notice [dice:1t9aqcfo]48506:0[/dice:1t9aqcfo]
Wild [dice:1t9aqcfo]48506:1[/dice:1t9aqcfo]
Benny [dice:1t9aqcfo]48506:2[/dice:1t9aqcfo]
The silence was a dark elves coda, but this eerie quiet was unnerving. Perhaps the damned prefer to keep quiet lest something worse happen to them; if that were possible. She carefully observed the customs but could figure little how it worked. Perhaps with time, they could learn, seeing as they had plenty. The trick was avoiding the more demonic inhabitants of the realm. Which could sooner rather than later when they Cyber-knight companion speaks to the gaunt-looking folks around them. She quickly makes several short hissing sounds to get him to quiet down. The last they want to do is attract attention to them people; worse, promise these possibly damned souls hope to leave this infernal realm.
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Legendary Trait:
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Notice 11
Notice [dice:27b733ty]48513:0[/dice:27b733ty]
Wild [dice:27b733ty]48513:1[/dice:27b733ty]
Ace Wild [dice:27b733ty]48513:2[/dice:27b733ty]

Leethe seems to have fallen into an observation mode. Keeping herself distant from contact, watching everything going on. She seems to be well practiced at it. Like she has spent a lifetime doing this. She notes that the boxes seem to be empty. Could it be some type of energy they are trading? She thinks. Still not sure where we are. Neeto was calling this place hell but I'm not sure what he was basing that on. Nash welcomed us to hell.

Another voice in her head. A lot of places can be called hell. heh, I've been to some. In a sense part of us are still there. There are places you can't leave, once you arrive.

As Sir William starts to interact with these people, still in this observation mode, she watches. the other voice thinks, Save them? Take them with us? If this is hell, then these people are the denizens of hell... The locals aren't always the people you want to offer to help.

Leethe raises a hand for a moment towards where Sir William is as if to interject when...
Last edited by Leethe on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As soon as Sir William grabs the lady by the arm he feels it giving way, the emaciated form not having the strength needed to resist. But then something stranger happens. Sir William feels some of his psychic energy being pulled toward the woman, into her and he gains a sense of infinite hunger and emptiness she must feel every day. Her eyes light up for a moment as she makes eye contact with him, not the eye contact of two fellow mortals, but the contact of a starving man, who sees a source of much desired food. As her mouth opens and the words come out, all of the heroes understand instantly things have changed. "Alive, your alive?" Her movement to touch him more, to pull more of him into her is erratic, but Sir William is to wise to be caught off guard.
Important Read
Sir William, make a Spirit -2 roll or suffer 1d6 drain of power points. If you are out of power points, then suffer 1 wound (soak-able with Spirit in place of Vigor).

Fighting 1d4, Touch Attack -2 to Parry
Fighting [dice:3vytfn59]48579:0[/dice:3vytfn59]
As the words are heard by others the crowd turns to see. Dropping the boxes they have been holding and bidding for they look at the heroes for only a second before the mass of them begins to move, swarming towards the heroes with an emptiness so great it is like a vacuum pulling at your souls.

Instructions, Escaping the Realm of The Hungry Ghosts
This will be handled like a quick combat with a modifier of -2.
Use Agility, Fighting,  Shooting, a Power Skill.
Basically something representing your ability to slow them down, or move yourself.

Narrate how you escape, any touch from these lost and tormented souls will drain you of some of your life (PPE, ISP first, then wounds). They will hunt and pursue you , effectively immune to all of your attacks as they regenerate within second rising from the crowd.

About 1 mile from the city limits they somehow loose the ability to pursue and perceive you even when looking right at you. As if there is an invisible line on the ground they cannot cross or see past.

Criitcal Failure = 1d3 Wounds and 3d6 power points
Failure = 1 Wound and 2d6 power points
Success = 2d6 power points
Raise = 1d6 power points
Two or More Raises = 0 power points, gain +1 Benny
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Fighting [dice:1gl17e69]48656:0[/dice:1gl17e69] - 2 = 0
WIld [dice:1gl17e69]48656:1[/dice:1gl17e69] - 2 = 0

ISP drain [dice:1gl17e69]48656:2[/dice:1gl17e69]
1 Wound
Spending Golden Benny to soak damage taken

Leethe is swarmed by the ghosts and they start drain her of her ANTI UNIVERSE life force. To the others in the group, she yells out "RUN!"

OOC Comments
I must apologize to the group and Rob. I've been a bit emotionally unstable due to work extra long weeks (not my choice) and erratic work shifts and due to that depression has worked its way into my life. I decided this morning to get this ball rolling by posting my rolls and deeming that the fate of Leethe. I feel that part of this character has some pent up frustration that I have been directing at Rob in the google hangouts when it is stuff that needs to be roleplayed with the group.

ignore these rolls
Last edited by Leethe on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Miles RAD Radoslav

Spirit 13, Fighting 8
Spirit [dice:3q4hh32m]48660:0[/dice:3q4hh32m] Wild [dice:3q4hh32m]48660:1[/dice:3q4hh32m] Ace on Spirit [dice:3q4hh32m]48660:4[/dice:3q4hh32m] -2 = 13
Fighting [dice:3q4hh32m]48660:2[/dice:3q4hh32m]Wild [dice:3q4hh32m]48660:3[/dice:3q4hh32m] +2 for supernatural evil = 8
Power point loss [dice:3q4hh32m]48660:5[/dice:3q4hh32m]
Sir William jerks his arm away from the ghost, armoring his spirit against her attack. "Fall back!" he shouts to his comrades, manifesting his psi-swords and carving his way through the throng to the city outskirts. He sees Leethe surrounded and attempts to go to her aid, but too late - she disappears beneath a pile of ghosts all struggling to drain her life essence. Spinning, he turns to protect his other comrades as one ghost catches him on the leg and drains a bit of his power.
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Nash

Post by Nash »

Notice 6, Spellcasting 9
Notice [dice:24ag70tb]48756:0[/dice:24ag70tb]
Wild Die [dice:24ag70tb]48756:1[/dice:24ag70tb]

Quick Combat
Spellcasting [dice:24ag70tb]48756:2[/dice:24ag70tb]
Wild Die [dice:24ag70tb]48756:3[/dice:24ag70tb]
Benny Extra Effort
[dice:24ag70tb]48756:4[/dice:24ag70tb]
Power Points spent: [dice:24ag70tb]48756:5[/dice:24ag70tb]
As he pushes the beast forward, Nash frowns as he notices something odd happening with the boxes. He's about to bring it up, but then the party is attacked by souls of the damned, trying to steal their life energy away. Nash grits his teeth and fights back, tapping into the damned's own power source, ripping bits of them away and absorbing it into himself. He props this up with a couple of banishment spells and the ghosts learn their lesson, staying away from Nash as much as they can.
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto escapes
TW Flight
[dice:2q8df8db]48762:0[/dice:2q8df8db]

WD TW
[dice:2q8df8db]48762:1[/dice:2q8df8db]

Benny reroll with Elan and Big Damn Hero
[dice:2q8df8db]48762:2[/dice:2q8df8db]

WD TW reroll
[dice:2q8df8db]48762:3[/dice:2q8df8db]
Neeto's eyes go wide as the crowd lurches forward to do what hungry damned souls do; drain the living of their life force. His eyes fall down to his tool belt. Rather than run willy-nilly, he does what he does best. He builds his way out of a jam.
Quickly, the techno-gremlin twists the ports on his techno-snazzy gloves to face more or less towards him, switches a few leads, and bashes one glove into the other for lack of a suitable hammer. The gloves spark to life, a burst of of green flame spewing from what has been turned into a jet propulsion system. With a snicker, he raises both hands into the air, middle fingers displayed proudly, and lifts off before the hungry populace can touch him. "Next time...let's leave the hungry, angry spirits alone, yeah?!"
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

Spellcasting (Invisi9ble) 13
Spellcasting [dice:b3cdb1zt]48764:0-2[/dice:b3cdb1zt]
Wild die [dice:b3cdb1zt]48764:1-2[/dice:b3cdb1zt]
Ace [dice:b3cdb1zt]48764:2[/dice:b3cdb1zt]
Power points [dice:b3cdb1zt]48764:3[/dice:b3cdb1zt]
The spirits of the damned surge at them and her sword slashed out to fend them off. It quickly became apparent she was doing nothing against the creatures and followed her comrades calls to retreat. The damned were starving and they wanted them to feast on. Fighting had become out of the question against these people. The best bet now was to evade and regroup outside of the town. The best way was to go invisible and hope the damned could not follow them. She draws on a sizable portion of her power and casts invisibility, only she throws her hands out aiming to affect as many of her comrades as she could.
OOC Comments
[dice:b3cdb1zt]48764:0[/dice:b3cdb1zt]
[dice:b3cdb1zt]48764:1[/dice:b3cdb1zt]
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Legendary Trait:
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Having escaped the town and found there way back to a more isolated location looking back at the town the heroes just escaped they see the ghost returning to their previous actions as if nothing happened.

After taking a few minutes to clear their heads and prepare them selves Fox suddenly senses something like the feeling of a ley line. Turning in the direction the heroes see a small well of energy coming from the ground with a Rift hovering over it. A score of small demons come out of the opening as the rift closes behind them. Strangely they seem to be chained by some sort of red arcane energy that suddenly appears as they take off heading towards the frozen lands north of you. The energy chains preventing them from fleeing leaving. They turn and fight with each other for a few minutes until a pecking order is established.

As you watch suddenly the rift opens again and the energy chain reappears dragging the demon through the rift before it closes, only to have the demon reappear through a fresh rift a couple minutes later injured and staggering. As the heroes spend some time watching what is happening each time a demon is pulled through the rift that appears in the middle the energy dies down a bit, regenerating slowly after the demons return.

Could this possibly be a way out?

OOC Comments
[dice:2bejwds1]48890:0[/dice:2bejwds1]
[dice:2bejwds1]48890:1[/dice:2bejwds1]
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Miles RAD Radoslav

Seeing the strange demons, Sir William turns to the others. "I do not understand what these demons do, but I know a Rift when I see one. We should approach, but with caution. Are there any of you who need healing?"
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Nash

Post by Nash »

OOC Comments
WIP
K/Arcana [dice:1effuce0]48924:0[/dice:1effuce0] +4?
Ace [dice:1effuce0]48924:2[/dice:1effuce0]
Wild Die [dice:1effuce0]48924:1[/dice:1effuce0] +4?
Nash pauses, and the dinosaur stops immediately. He carefully watches the rift and nods to himself. "I think that's a Shifter doing that...
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Disclaimer - Please Read
Please note that I am going to be roleplaying my reaction to the events that have occurred and that my character will be a bit stern. That said, I do value the others in the group as friends and the way my character is roleplaying is not necessarily my own view points at the other as players.
Leethe is the last to escape the town. Though oddly she seems to be walking out ignored by the ghosts. In fact it seems almost as if the ghosts look at her with disdain. She rejoins the group.
Sir William Mahan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:28 am Seeing the strange demons, Sir William turns to the others. "I do not understand what these demons do, but I know a Rift when I see one. We should approach, but with caution. Are there any of you who need healing?"
Leethe looks towards Sir William Mahan feet with an expression of annoyment. Raising her gaze to look him in the eyes. "Sir William..." a pause. "Mahan. Please show some restraint." She pauses again to hopefully let it sink in. "This is now twice. Twice. That your actions have endangered the group. Please don't let there be a third."

With the statement said, her look of annoyment fades a bit. "As to your query, I myself am not worse for ware. Though I am devoid currently of energies to preform any of my powers." She glances at the others to see if they are questioning how she got away. "Ghosts don't seem to like anti life force energy it seems in case you are wondering why they lost interest in me."
Last edited by Leethe on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

AS the team surveys the demons and thinks on how to move on they spot a lone figure in the distance working its way towards them.

It is only once the figure is within a hundred yards or so they realize it is their former commander, thought to be dead in the buildings collapse, somehow he lived.
*********************** Breaking free of the house felt impossible. L.C. woke what must have been hours after the building collapsed, only to find once he escaped that the tracks indicated the team had left towards what appears to be this worlds gate to refuge.

The trials on the way here were pretty challenging, but finally reunited with his men, it is time to start planning an escape from hell.

OOC Comments
@High Command
Please feel free to jump in. Bonus if you can include an interlude of the struggles you have had in hell these last two days.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Miles RAD Radoslav

RE Leethe
No worries on the role playing. In my case, I thought the clueless approach befit a critical failure on Notice.
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Nash

Post by Nash »

Nash snaps the reigns on his dino mount and the creature halts immediately. He continues to watch the rift, a look of interest on his face. "I could be wrong," he says, "but that might just lead home."
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto nods at Nash. "Closest thing we've seen so far. Bet I can whip up a little doohickey that'll jimmy that open." He blinks, a look of consternation on his face. "No tellin' where that shoots us out." He shrugs. "Anywhere's gotta be better than Hell, right?!" Neeto begins fiddling with the bits and parts in his pack and on his belt.
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Leethe looks over at the Rift, trying to make sense of where it could lead. She sighs a bit feeling helpless right now. "If only my energy wasn't tapped out, I could probably whip up something to figure out where it goes, since like my former life seemed to travel around the dimensions a lot." She looks over at Neeto, "I'm still quite skilled with electronics so if you need any help building something."

Leethe thinks, trying to remember how the dimensional scanners were put together.
Knowledge Electronics 11
Knowledge Electronics [dice:1m6jij9w]49383:0[/dice:1m6jij9w]
Wild [dice:1m6jij9w]49383:1[/dice:1m6jij9w]
Wild Ace [dice:1m6jij9w]49383:2[/dice:1m6jij9w]
Last edited by Leethe on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As the team surveys the obstacle in front of them they realize that while escape is possible through this inter-dimensional connection. But the task would be incredibly hard. They will need to not only control the energy there and form it into a stable enough gate for everyone to escape, but they also will need to defend those working on the gate from the demons that appear to simply be recreated every time they are killed.

It is time for a plan, access the risks and determine how they can best work together on this mission.

Make a choice in preparation for next GM post
This will be a dramatic task, but there are some catches.
You will need 5 successes to Defend the Team at -4. (Each missing success allows 1 wound through that will affect the casting roll to Open and Stabilize The Gate - see bellow)
You will need 4 successes to Open and Stabilize The Gate at -4! (Line walker and Shifter both are effectively at +0.) Just like in a Plans and Operations the Shifter will be rolling 1d10 plus Wild die after you to set the difficulty level. (Afterall he will think it is the demons trying to break free.)
You may not participate in both actions.

Once you are ready with your plans I will post the dramatic task and the full rules.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Miles RAD Radoslav

Sir William observes the demons. "I have no skill in traversing Rifts, but I can keep these demons off your backs while you work."
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Nash

Post by Nash »

As a shifter, Nash is naturally suited to open and control the rift. Without a command, the dinosaur squats down and Nash hops off of it. He mutters an arcane phrase and the Ostrasaurus vanishes.

"I'll help open it up."

He waits for the others to declare their tasks.
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Leethe readies her sword and looks at the others assessing what they have. Nash is a mage? Interesting. Foxx is a line walker, she will probably help with the portal. She looks over at the goblin, Not sure which sure what Neeto will do. She says, "looks like I'm on defense." Further thinking to herself. I hope LC and Rob show up soon. She glances around to see if Hardin's spirit is still with them. I'm not sure if Hardin's spirit can leave this place either. A tear runs down her cheek at the thought she just had.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

Neeto examines a few of the parts in his hands. "If I can calibrate the flux transmogrifier fer yer particular magic signatures, I think I can amp up yer juice an' focus yer control of the rift. Might need a minute or two once it's goin', an' it'll probably tickle." He absently taps two apparently live connections together, causing a loud pop and spark to jump to the ground. "Just a little though."
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

WIP

Rob Hunter's player in taking a time out, Foxx's player has been MIA for a bit but should be back, not sure about L.C. anymore. I will have the post up tonight.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Knowing what must be done the team moves in. Dividing the task into two objectives they ready them selves.

Nash a shifter with many years of experience takes the lead with Foxx using her amazing arcane skills as a Line Walker to help stabilize the opening, and Neeto's plan for helping the both of them combine for a plan that should see them solidly on the other side if they live.

Meanwhile Leathe will have to set aside her frustration and work with Sir William and the others to fend off the demons until they are on the other side of this thing.

The plan should work, and hopefully with no casualties or other problems.

Dramatic Task Rules

Defend The Team
You will need 5 successes to Defend the Team at -4. Each missing success allows 1 wound through that will affect the casting roll to Open and Stabilize The Gate - see bellow. (You may attempt to Soak wounds if any get through.)

Open and Stabilize The Gate
You will need 4 successes to Open and Stabilize The Gate at -4! (Line Walker and Shifter both are effectively at +0, Neeto is effectively at +2 for TW in a combat scenario.) Just like in a Plans and Operations the Shifter will be rolling 1d10 plus Wild die after you to set the difficulty level. (After all he will think it is the demons trying to break free.)

You may not participate in both actions.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Nash

Post by Nash »

Spellcasting 10 (2 sux)
WIP
Spellcasting [dice:2mnnpgzw]49661:0[/dice:2mnnpgzw]
Wild Die [dice:2mnnpgzw]49661:1[/dice:2mnnpgzw]
Benny to reroll

Spellcasting [dice:2mnnpgzw]49661:2[/dice:2mnnpgzw]
Wild Die [dice:2mnnpgzw]49661:3[/dice:2mnnpgzw]
The Shifter stands as close to the rift as he can tolerate. He takes in a deep breath and closes his eyes. The air takes ripples as Nash tears into the fabric of space-time. He seems to lose his focus for a moment, his knees buckle. By sheer determination, he forces himself to refocus his efforts. The Rifts starts to shift, changing color and shape as Nash bends it to his will.
Last edited by Nash on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rob Hunter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Rob Hunter »

Rob looked around at his location somewhat confused.

"I knew I would end up here some day." he murmured to himself. He pulled his chain great sword out and swung it to the side, readying it for any cyber demons that he might encounter. He looked around for a moment as if searching for something, then after determining his whereabouts he darted off into the flames and brimstone.

The rest of the party heard the true pronunciation of his name for the first time as he yelled:

"Arthur!, Arthur Bishop! It's me Rowb Ot Hunter! I'm coming to save you my friend!

Rob disappeared into the flames as he ran for his friend.

Fighting (14)
Fighting: [dice:1lcbsd47]49662:0[/dice:1lcbsd47]
Wild Die: [dice:1lcbsd47]49662:1[/dice:1lcbsd47]

Bennie: Extra Effort (plus Elan): [dice:1lcbsd47]49662:2[/dice:1lcbsd47]
"Robots, why did it have to be robots..."
Rob Hunter, M.A.R.S. Power Armor Pilot
Rob Hunter, Human, M.A.R.S. Super Trooper Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 7; Parry: 8; Toughness: 19(10)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt a 5 or lower in combat, you may discard and draw again until you get a card higher than 5.
  • Brave: +2 to Fear tests.
  • Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures three sizes or more larger than himself.
  • Steady Hands: Ignores the “unstable platform” penalty for fring from the backs of animals or riding in moving vehicles. When performing actions while Running (see page 65), his penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Charge: Ignore the multi-action penalty for Running when making a Fighting atack at the end of movement.
  • Battle Hardened: Add +2 to all Soak rolls
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 0/3
Adventure Cards
  • Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.
Edit Signature
Miles RAD Radoslav

Fighting 4
[dice:yw97boy7]49683:0[/dice:yw97boy7] Wild [dice:yw97boy7]49683:1[/dice:yw97boy7] Ace on Wild [dice:yw97boy7]49683:2[/dice:yw97boy7] Benny for extra effort [dice:yw97boy7]49683:3[/dice:yw97boy7] -3 (soul wounds) -4 (difficulty) +2 (Fighting supernatural evil) net -5
Sir William assesses the horde of demons pouring towards the rift, then launches himself at the center. "For Lord Coake!" he shouts, carving his way into the mass of demons with his blue, glowing psi-swords. Pushing himself to the limit despite the wounds to his psyche sustained in saving the children, he manages to hold the demons back for a few critical moments.
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

8 for 2 successes
fighting [dice:11c5pywg]49687:0[/dice:11c5pywg]
wild [dice:11c5pywg]49687:1[/dice:11c5pywg]
Ace Wild [dice:11c5pywg]49687:2[/dice:11c5pywg]

Golden Benny for Extra Effort +2
Elan +2
[dice:11c5pywg]49687:3[/dice:11c5pywg]

7 + 5 - 4 = 8
Leethe follows Sir William into combat with the charge he leads. She powers up using her item and slices down the demons that come at her or her companions. She also quickly finds out that the item gives her some other benefits it didn't have before, being a champion allows her to make short work of the supernatural forces that are left by Rob and Sir William.
Last edited by Leethe on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

Spellcasting:12
Spellcating [dice:2ltzs2tj]49705:0[/dice:2ltzs2tj]
Wild [dice:2ltzs2tj]49705:1[/dice:2ltzs2tj]

Benny [dice:2ltzs2tj]49705:2[/dice:2ltzs2tj]
wild [dice:2ltzs2tj]49705:4[/dice:2ltzs2tj]
ace [dice:2ltzs2tj]49705:5[/dice:2ltzs2tj]

Foxx focused on what she did best, helping to tame the Rift so they could go home. Having the Shifter Nash was an immense help. How they just had to get the Rift to the right location and beat it before the demons overwhelm them all. There was no short supply of the creatures as her comrades threw themselves into delaying them. "Whoever is listening to our prayers do not turn your head aside now..."
OOC Comments
[dice:2ltzs2tj]49705:3[/dice:2ltzs2tj]
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Legendary Trait:
Neeto Cogcoil

Post by Neeto Cogcoil »

TW rift-opening - 1 success
TW
[dice:1fb9x0rf]49734:0[/dice:1fb9x0rf]

WD TW
[dice:1fb9x0rf]49734:1[/dice:1fb9x0rf]
Neeto watches for a minute, mesmerized, as Nash and Foxx pour their energy into the rift. Suddenly, he snaps out of his trance. "Oops! Fergot I was s'posed ta zap ya both. Hold still. This'll only tingle. Maybe singe." He rigs up the previously displayed leads, splicing two separate connections for each of the rift-manipulators. Using eldritch-infused copper clamps, he hooks both the walker and the shifter to what amounts to a jury-rigged arcane battery, flips the switch, and grins as arcs of green electricity wash over the pair. After the initial shock, the green-tinted amperage begins to focus and transmit through their outstretched hands. He looks down at his shoes in the nick of time, as a demon takes a swipe at his head. The creature is soon dispatched by the cyber knight, leaving Neeto none the wiser for his near-miss. "Now ya got it! Get us outta here!"
Neeto
Neeto Cogcoil
Current Status Post
Birthday Golden Benny!
Current Status:

Edit Signature
Kaja Earthblooded
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Kaja Earthblooded »

Notice 11
Notice [dice:2g5c1wwv]50479:0[/dice:2g5c1wwv], [dice:2g5c1wwv]50479:1[/dice:2g5c1wwv]+[dice:2g5c1wwv]50479:2[/dice:2g5c1wwv]
Recovered 4 ISP in 2 Hours
Choose Stray Shots Strike Nothing from legendary tables
L.C. awakens in rubble, only to find himself in a place out of his nightmares. Looking around, he sees four spectres of the apocylypse; Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence. Instinctively he moves towards Castle Refuge, though he wants to move towards Chi-Town and help them. He stubles along, finding his footing eventually and walks towards despair and longing, resolved in his heart to stop it with his bare hands, if necessary. He sees no one for a time and so wonders if perhaps the others made it out. If he had protected others, he would take being banished to this place. He'd make the minions of Hell wish he'd be sent back. He'd rip them apart with his bare hands - just as soon as he found his bearings and figured out just what the hell he could do.

He'd learned a lesson or two in that battle though. Like he'd always been taught, demons are no more invulnerable than anything else. Enough firepower and psychic power and they will crumble like so much chaff. That stands true for the Tomorrow Legion and the Coalition. It was a strange thing, finding pride in his service to the Coalition, knowing all the bad he'd done. but he also knows the depths of depravity that some of the folks he took out were. The Coalition takes out a lot of monsters, they just are not discriminate when it comes to non-humans or non-human sympathizers. That is the one thing he'd change, if he could.

As he walks, L.C. keeps a close eye on the horizon.
Kaja the Earthblooded of House Ragan
Kaja Stonesinger Dwarf, Dilettante and Earthcaller Bard; Kaja's Journal
Parry: 6, Toughness: 7 (2)
Benny/Conviction/Wound/Fatigue/PP Tracking
Ludwig, Guard Boar
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

L.C. wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:15 pm
Notice 11
Notice [dice:l7boptja]50479:0[/dice:l7boptja], [dice:l7boptja]50479:1[/dice:l7boptja]+[dice:l7boptja]50479:2[/dice:l7boptja]
Recovered 4 ISP in 2 Hours
Choose Stray Shots Strike Nothing from legendary tables
L.C. awakens in rubble, only to find himself in a place out of his nightmares. Looking around, he sees four spectres of the apocylypse; Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence. Instinctively he moves towards Castle Refuge, though he wants to move towards Chi-Town and help them. He stubles along, finding his footing eventually and walks towards despair and longing, resolved in his heart to stop it with his bare hands, if necessary. He sees no one for a time and so wonders if perhaps the others made it out. If he had protected others, he would take being banished to this place. He'd make the minions of Hell wish he'd be sent back. He'd rip them apart with his bare hands - just as soon as he found his bearings and figured out just what the hell he could do.

He'd learned a lesson or two in that battle though. Like he'd always been taught, demons are no more invulnerable than anything else. Enough firepower and psychic power and they will crumble like so much chaff. That stands true for the Tomorrow Legion and the Coalition. It was a strange thing, finding pride in his service to the Coalition, knowing all the bad he'd done. but he also knows the depths of depravity that some of the folks he took out were. The Coalition takes out a lot of monsters, they just are not discriminate when it comes to non-humans or non-human sympathizers. That is the one thing he'd change, if he could.

As he walks, L.C. keeps a close eye on the horizon.
L.C.'s stumbling through hell was not without its points. After what seems like days, but shows as nothing on his clock that refuses to advance L.C. sees what he believes are the 99 in a battle trying to get through a rift.

The rifts snapping closed and open after the team makes it through leaves L.C. with only one choice. Making a run for it he jumps through the rifts during one of its snaps tumbling clear into wet soil surrounded by brush and trees.

OOC Comments
This will be a fiat way of me getting you to the team.
You have landed only a couple hundred feet away from them and only minutes after. You may introduce yourself in the current scene as a "Walk on"
@High Command
@L.C.

As the last of the heroes goes through the portal a silhouette appears nodding. he had done what he could to help them, it is time fore him to move on. Turning to walk away the image is surprised when a new portal, glowing a golden white opens in front of him. The warm draw calling to him, he steps through.

OOC Comments

Try and edit in a @Pursuit
lets hope you find this
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades