Q2 Rate your GM Poll

Now stop nagging me.

How did Pender do?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:31 pm

10 - Legendary, what? We got the most legendary GM this side of the NGR.
25%
9 - Heroic, seriously just about legendary but our GM is epic.
25%
8 - Veteran, Our GM knows his stuff, just needs a few tweaks to be epic.
50%
7 - Seasoned, Our Gm is good, a bit away from being epic but with the right advice you can make it.
No votes
6 - Novice, Our GM is ok, a ways off from being good. But with some help maybe someday.
No votes
5 - So it went off the rails, lets get it back on.
No votes
4 - Do you know we are playing savage rifts?
No votes
3 - There are some major technical difficulties.
No votes
2 - This is getting scary, we just crit failed on the fright table.
No votes
1 - I need out of here.
No votes

Total votes: 8

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Q2 Rate your GM Poll

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hello,

Please vote in the poll below and post a reply when done. If you have any feedback, particularly if you voted less than 9, please include it in the reply or send a PM

Each quarter players will rate their GM on a scale of 1-10 in a poll posted in the group forums. Criteria are:
- Timely posting
- Quality of Story
- Effective administration

GM Rating Results:
10: You have earned 5 EP.
9: You have earned 4 EP.
8: You have earned 3 EP.
7: You have earned 2 EP.
4-6: You have earned only 1 EP, also, you're on probation.
1-3: Your position is now vacant

PL
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Re: Q2 Rate your GM Poll

Post by Maximilian »

I voted. I voted a little lower because I might still be getting used to PBP, but I was a little confused at times by posting what seemed like spoilers below some of your updates. I try to be a solid roleplayer in general and not meta-game, but it becomes a little more difficult when in the ooc section, you give away what happens when player does X, or what happens when player does Y. That's probably a good way to keep the story moving, but it seems like the danger of the choice is muted a bit by knowing something terrible will happen if someone does X. The most recent example was in the mystical babies section where Jude, Libertas, and Lucretia were made aware, as ooc as it may have been, that if the heart is struck by a magic or holy weapon, the character gets trapped inside the heart. This may have been a good way to keep the story on track for trying to wrap up the Silver Bluff afternoon/evening time period by end of quarter, but I guess I felt like some of the mystery was lost. That was a thing that happened a few times throughout this stretch in Silver Bluff that broke up the RP experience for me. Everything else is solid. The town is well put together, lots of action to be had in each section of the day, plenty of opportunity to figure out what craziness is happening.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Maximilian wrote:I voted. I voted a little lower because I might still be getting used to PBP, but I was a little confused at times by posting what seemed like spoilers below some of your updates. I try to be a solid roleplayer in general and not meta-game, but it becomes a little more difficult when in the ooc section, you give away what happens when player does X, or what happens when player does Y. That's probably a good way to keep the story moving, but it seems like the danger of the choice is muted a bit by knowing something terrible will happen if someone does X. The most recent example was in the mystical babies section where Jude, Libertas, and Lucretia were made aware, as ooc as it may have been, that if the heart is struck by a magic or holy weapon, the character gets trapped inside the heart. This may have been a good way to keep the story on track for trying to wrap up the Silver Bluff afternoon/evening time period by end of quarter, but I guess I felt like some of the mystery was lost. That was a thing that happened a few times throughout this stretch in Silver Bluff that broke up the RP experience for me. Everything else is solid. The town is well put together, lots of action to be had in each section of the day, plenty of opportunity to figure out what craziness is happening.
Gotcha. I have always been the gm that likes to say make a notice roll to see the ninja's waiting in the shadows. I'll see if I can find some balance. I think it is hard for me to gauge did I give the players enough info in the narrative to have a good idea that something bad might happen. But point taken I can dial it back and maybe be a bit more cryptic :D
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

Hey Max, last quarter's poles revealed that he was holding his cards a little too close to his chest, as it were, and those OCC comment boxes were a direct response to that.

I voted as low as I did was because I felt that the whole "letting us split up and explore Silver Bluff" made it feel like the scenario was dragging on for too long. Unless, of course, our plot that was played out by Great Moonzini (btw, has anybody heard from him?) Is getting put on the back burner. The reason I'm bringing it up is because if GM duties are handled here similar to EU (where I looked into becoming an AGM), then a group's central plot arc is expected to last around nine months (real world time) with a three month down time for players to role play, re-supply, work on fixing/upgrading things, etc., which means we have one more quarter to wrap everything up into a neat little bow. The whole reason for the three month down time us for the GM's to prepare for the next adventure (for those who don't know).

TL;DR
I feel like this is taking too long.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Gotcha. I have always been the gm that likes to say make a notice roll to see the ninja's waiting in the shadows. I'll see if I can find some balance. I think it is hard for me to gauge did I give the players enough info in the narrative to have a good idea that something bad might happen. But point taken I can dial it back and maybe be a bit more cryptic :D
Well, and that may have been to everyone else's liking. Looks like a bunch of 10/10s up there in the poll right now. It's a different style of GMing that I'm not used to. And as Markus' RP shows, I'm sure he was fully aware ooc that the water was a positive to drink, but he RPed it to the hilt and declined. It could just be that I need to hone my chops as a fully immersed roleplayer. And like I said, that's the only hitch I saw in the whole series. Stylistic differences don't make a bad GM. I'm still having a blast, and I'm excited for my daily check-in with the 13th. That's the important thing.
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bane wrote:Hey Max, last quarter's poles revealed that he was holding his cards a little too close to his chest, as it were, and those OCC comment boxes were a direct response to that.

I voted as low as I did was because I felt that the whole "letting us split up and explore Silver Bluff" made it feel like the scenario was dragging on for too long. Unless, of course, our plot that was played out by Great Moonzini (btw, has anybody heard from him?) Is getting put on the back burner. The reason I'm bringing it up is because if GM duties are handled here similar to EU (where I looked into becoming an AGM), then a group's central plot arc is expected to last around nine months (real world time) with a three month down time for players to role play, re-supply, work on fixing/upgrading things, etc., which means we have one more quarter to wrap everything up into a neat little bow. The whole reason for the three month down time us for the GM's to prepare for the next adventure (for those who don't know).

TL;DR
Honestly beyond going to get an arcane engineer I really don't know much of what Great Moonzini was planning. I was working from the premise that he was coming back and that he would finish his arcane engineer arch. But no one has heard from him. Sorry about Silver Bluff dragging on, maybe it was a mistake to have so many options, I sort of thought it was a benifit of pbp, where you could handle multiple folks at different locations where at a table it is not always fun to have to wait for one persons scene to get resloved and then go to the next. I guess I was not including the 1st quarter, as we only played a small portion of it. But if I only have 1 quarter left, yeah Silver Bluff was not a good pit stop. I'll get us back on track pronto.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Bane wrote:Hey Max, last quarter's poles revealed that he was holding his cards a little too close to his chest, as it were, and those OCC comment boxes were a direct response to that.

TL;DR
Hm. I'm sure it's a hard balance to strike, finding the happy medium between not enough information and too much. I guess if I'm looking at it as if I were in the tunnels as/with Lucretia, Lib, and Jude, and the GM says if I break the orb, I'm getting sucked into another world, I'm just not going to do that. Particularly if it looks like the whole Silver Bluff interlude is about to end, and I might be holding everyone and everything up because I ignored the warning. It's one thing for Markus to RP his character as not accepting a drink of water from the crazy hermit, it's another for a heroic, arcane based character NOT to do their part to destroy the heart of a demon in the next room over.
Like I said, hard balance to strike. I appreciate the effort it took to juggle several different parts of the party all doing different things in different places, and all at once. If the OOC tips help it go a little more smoothly, I can be a big boy and immerse myself in Max's head for the good of the group.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Bane

Post by Bane »

I was under the impression that you had more notes to work with on that aspect. I remember from my research that all GM's had to keep campaign notes in a thread in the GM's forum so if anyone has to step in, they can do so easily. Other than Silver Bluff feeling like it's been dragging, I feel you have done a terrific job.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

I'm having a great time. In a few instances I've felt like I ended up in the wrong scene - ie. should have gone with the other mundanes to do X, instead of being stuck with the arcane folks dealing with things over my head. But I appreciate that you've created opportunities for everyone to contribute, no matter the scene. And some of those times I felt most useless turned out to be the most fun because I had to get really creative. Or I rolled a double 1...

There's a lot going on in Silver Bluff and I was certainly confused at times, but it all came together, with a nice payoff. I'm interested to see what will happen if we all stay together for a scene or two... :)
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bane wrote:I was under the impression that you had more notes to work with on that aspect. I remember from my research that all GM's had to keep campaign notes in a thread in the GM's forum so if anyone has to step in, they can do so easily. Other than Silver Bluff feeling like it's been dragging, I feel you have done a terrific job.
Thanks Bane, yeah GMs are supposed to keep notes, but the 13th was empty. So I read the general briefing just like you did. That is pretty much all I have to go on for the Arcane Engineer.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Cantrell wrote:I'm having a great time. In a few instances I've felt like I ended up in the wrong scene - ie. should have gone with the other mundanes to do X, instead of being stuck with the arcane folks dealing with things over my head. But I appreciate that you've created opportunities for everyone to contribute, no matter the scene. And some of those times I felt most useless turned out to be the most fun because I had to get really creative. Or I rolled a double 1...

There's a lot going on in Silver Bluff and I was certainly confused at times, but it all came together, with a nice payoff. I'm interested to see what will happen if we all stay together for a scene or two... :)
Cool! Even more of a pay off if Libertas can ever get back to the TW hidden workshop beneath the library. Loved the engine block. Its really up to you guys what happens next, but I would tend to think you'll be together.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

All I know is that there's a hangdog running around out there giving dogs a bad name. Max won't stand for that.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Voted,

Rated a bit lower because splitting everything up the way it did make it really hard for me to follow what was going on when, where etc and seemed to cause some people to miss responses or just not respond to other players etc.
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Kesslan wrote:Voted,

Rated a bit lower because splitting everything up the way it did make it really hard for me to follow what was going on when, where etc and seemed to cause some people to miss responses or just not respond to other players etc.
Got it, sorry for splitting you guys up. Good to have you back.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Eh, it was worth a shot at trying something new for a group. It just didn't work all that well on my end.
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Thanks for the game! I am enjoying it very much and learning a lot from the System!
Recommendations (in my opinion):
- Keep us closer together. It is ok to adventure separately now and then, but I feel like we are never together in the same place.
- Simplify the story a little bit. Maybe I am dumb, but I feel like there are 1,001 plots going at the same time, and I not getting more than a couple of them.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Markus Berger wrote:Thanks for the game! I am enjoying it very much and learning a lot from the System!
Recommendations (in my opinion):
- Keep us closer together. It is ok to adventure separately now and then, but I feel like we are never together in the same place.
- Simplify the story a little bit. Maybe I am dumb, but I feel like there are 1,001 plots going at the same time, and I not getting more than a couple of them.
Got it. Glad you are enjoying the game man. I'll do my best to simplify the story.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Voted.

First and foremost, overall I think you are doing a great job. You are clearly trying, and largely succeeding. That being said,I agree with most of what the others have already talked about (particularly Max's point).

If anything, you might be trying too hard.

As much as people love to complain about railroading, a certain linearity to plots is important for cohesiveness and a sense of forward momentum. Being in town at first seemed a bit directionless, like a "we're in town doing town stuff" montage that stretched on a bit too long. I liked it when we started getting the story behind the vampire attack. That was good... but then the plot thickened too much, too fast. it was like getting the season two plot of a TV show laid out in the middle of season one. We haven't even faced the season one baddie (Soledad) yet, and we already know that there's a greater evil in store... and if I read things right, Soledad might already be destroyed for failing? That's like skipping the second half of season one altogether...

Last quarter, the battle at the bridge seemed like something that was hastily thrown together, with a lot of tropes and such but little real story. This quarter moved in the right direction, but over-shot. I'm sure we'll get to the "Goldilocks zone" soon enough, though. ;)
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lucretia wrote:Voted.

First and foremost, overall I think you are doing a great job. You are clearly trying, and largely succeeding. That being said,I agree with most of what the others have already talked about (particularly Max's point).

If anything, you might be trying too hard.

As much as people love to complain about railroading, a certain linearity to plots is important for cohesiveness and a sense of forward momentum. Being in town at first seemed a bit directionless, like a "we're in town doing town stuff" montage that stretched on a bit too long. I liked it when we started getting the story behind the vampire attack. That was good... but then the plot thickened too much, too fast. it was like getting the season two plot of a TV show laid out in the middle of season one. We haven't even faced the season one baddie (Soledad) yet, and we already know that there's a greater evil in store... and if I read things right, Soledad might already be destroyed for failing? That's like skipping the second half of season one altogether...

Last quarter, the battle at the bridge seemed like something that was hastily thrown together, with a lot of tropes and such but little real story. This quarter moved in the right direction, but over-shot. I'm sure we'll get to the "Goldilocks zone" soon enough, though. ;)
Thanks Lucretia as always. Yeah this goldilocks zone is hard to find.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Voted :)

I'm having a blast. Mostly because Jude was, like, luminescent! With some amazing rolls. And Cantrell's engine block. Heh. But then I'm pretty easy to please.

I get the challenge of party splits. You're right, this is a medium where that is easier, and I liked it. I liked how everything was interconnected. Very good, and discovering it and feeling everything "click" as I was reading was great.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

Return to “Adventure Archive”