Amaki Stone Man

Collaborative efforts of the community go here.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Amaki Stone Man

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Reference
Palladium Rifts - World Book 9 - South America 2 (154-155)
The Amaki are humanoids with rock-hard skin. Their bodies appear to be made of sculpted marble, and their size and propor­tions are very similar to those of humans; the shape of most Amaki follows the human ideal of perfection. Most male Amaki have protrusions under their chins that are shaped to resemble the ornate beards of Assyrian .or Babylonian sculptures. They have no other hair or hair-like growths, their skin is smooth and cool to the touch. Although their flesh has some of the elasticity of humans, it is surprisingly tough and strong; Amaki are imper­vious to small arms and can even survive minor M.D.C. dam­age! Although their natural color is a shiny gray or black, Amaki, both male and female, like to paint themselves in diverse colors, from human like pink and brown tones to outlandish red, blue and green shades. Their clothing styles are incredibly varied and extravagant, running the whole gamut from skin-tight jumpsuits (some of them inspired by Arkhon fashions!) to styl­ized, multi-layered dresses adorned by lace, embroideries and ruffles.

Despite all these similarities to human shape, the Amaki had no contact with humans until their arrival on Rifts Earth. They found humans to be the most "Amaki-like" race they've ever en­countered, which may account for the strong bonds of friendship they've established with their human partners. Marriages be­tween humans and Amaki are not infrequent; although such un­ions cannot produce chiJdren, couples traditionalJy adopt a child from each race.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Amaki Stone Man (SWADE RIFTS)

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

POSITIVE RACIAL TRAITS

Regeneration (2): Make natural healing roll one per day.

Hardy and Tough (5): Second Shaken result doesn't cause a wound and +3 Toughness

Low Light Vision (1): Ignore dim and dark illumination

Strength & Vigor (4): Start with Strength d6 and Vigor d6

Total: 12

NEGATIVE RACIAL TRAITS

D-Bee (-2)

Inhuman Physiology (-3)

Sinks Like a Stone (-1): Can't Swim Hindrances

Clueless (-2): a race new to North America

Weakness: Magic and Psionics (-2): +4 damage from these sources (this is a hack, because I think -4 to resist these is overkill) 100% applies to TW and enchanted items

Total: 10

Thanks to @Venatus Vinco and @Freemage
Imperator

Re: Amaki Stone Man

Post by Imperator »

I like the use of clueless and sinks like a stone. At first I balked over the weakness as there isn't one corresponding to it in the PR source race, but it's a nice way to reflect them being less resistant to those damage types.

Has a nice beat, you can dance to it (just no stepping on toes), I give it two thumbs up.
GM bennies

Characters Imperator (GM account)Action Stan, Antipas, Xiang,
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Imperator wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:39 pm At first I balked over the weakness as there isn't one corresponding to it in the PR source race, but it's a nice way to reflect them being less resistant to those damage types.
This was the hard part, Savage Worlds handles damage differently than PR so I kind of went with capturing intent: Super tough, except against magic and Psionics.

Mathematically, the +4 damage from Magic/Psionics offsets the +4 Toughness (+3 Toughness, +1 Vigor). That's why I also didn't include the -4 to resist effects, cause it's about physical damage.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Just wondering what the modifers look like for an Amaki Stone Man Techno Wizard
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT