old Post

Lucky Pocket Watch (Patron Item)

Edge: Scavenger - once per Quarter
Edge: Great Luck 2 bennies - once per Quarter
Edge: Elan +2 On Rolls
+ 10 PP
+ 5 PP

+ Phase Trapping (+1 Parry +2 Stealth)

details to come... in concept stage... still dreaming up what to add to it...suggestions welcome :)

Final Product (Magic Pocket Watch)
  • The Victorian's Lucky Pocket Watch (Magic Item)

Base item: Pocket Watch
    1. Lucky Day [once a day/session/quarter] (Major): +1 benny at the start of each session (by Quarter PbP)
    2. More Luck than Lives (Major): If you successfully soak all the wounds of an attack you gain 1 Benny back.
    3. Devils own Luck (minor): Add +1 to Notice Skill
    4. Devils up my Sleeve (minor): Add +1 to Gambling Skill.

Complication: Devils Due. On a Critical Failure Roll (double 1', any situation) something unfortunate befalls your character (roll play out additional complications). Or you receive 1 wound (cannot be soaked) in addition to the ramifications of the Critical Failure.

Bonus Edge: Better Lucky than Prepared. Character gains the use of the Scrounger Edge 1 time for the session (Quarter in PbP) or if they already have the Edge, they may use it one additional time during the session.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Re: Lucky Pocket Watch (Patron Item)

Post by Ndreare »

This could not work as a TW device because it would need to be maintained the entire quarter for the character to Keep the Bennies. Other wise as soon as it powered down (sleep anyone) the 2 bennies would go away and not be available again until a new quarter started.

You would be better off building it as a Enchanted item providing Great Luck, or Luck and Elan. (Note this is one of the very few situations when that Oxford comma is actually needed.)
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

RFT: You would be better off building it as a Enchanted item providing Great Luck, or Luck and Elan.

Lars: What if?

Lucky Pocket Watch (TW Patron Item)
  • MAJOR - Edge: Scavenger - once per Quarter
  • MAJOR - Edge: Great Luck 2 bennies - once per Quarter ---> yes this is for those big mess ups, when you need to re-roll twice, or are in combat and use one to Soak and one to attack using Extra Effort...I can see both being used "in the same day" before falling asleep. I suppose then if you ended up not using it - it would go away and be wasted.
  • MAJOR - Edge: Luck 1 bennie - once per Quarter
  • MAJOR - Edge: Elan +2 On Rolls
  • Minor - + 5 PP Extra lucky boost of power
  • Minor - + 5 PP Extra lucky boost of power
Wearer ends up with three extra bennies in a Quarter, two must be used in same scene.

Again, what I am looking for is a item that is western themed, for a gunslinger, that is not a weapon. Thus a pocket watch with luck, but I am open to ideas and new versions...

Oh and just thought of this....Common Bond Edge added to Watch maybe, share those bennies? I like that, but not sure how to add it without loosing Scavenger or Elan?
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

That build still has the same problem as the other. It would have to be running at the start of the session and the bennies would have to be used before it powered down or they would disappear until next quarter kicked up and then it would have to running at the transition.
PS: The Second Benny from Great Luck does not stack with Luck for 3 Bennies. It would require both to get 2 extra bennies total.

How about the following. This would give you the benefits of those two extra bennies (as an enchanted item no Power Points to maintain) and give you a little extra of the common trappings of luck in that people happen to look the other way, or you happen to say the right trigger.

Lucky Pocket Watch (TW Patron Item) I don't know why but ever since my pahpa gave me this her watch things just gone right fer me.
Base Item: Pocket Watch, tells time.
  • MAJOR - Edge: Luck 1 bennie - once per Quarter
  • MAJOR - Edge: Great Luck 2 bennies - once per Quarter
  • Minor - +1 Persuasion For some reason people trust me when I tell them things
  • Minor - +1 Stealth For some reason when I need be somewhere people are always looking the other way
PS: I know this is still not
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

I guess I just don't get it.

How is it that Luck Edge can not last? Or Greater Luck...
I sorta see how Greater Luck Edge could be argued that it must use both bennies "right away" or have one be lost...

Just because the Item is being powered, why does that mean item is activating all edges right then?
If the item has Luck, could you not IC write how the luck / bennie works, in other words I would not write.

Fell decides to activate Greater Luck on the Watch and he....

I would write, Fell nearly misses but luck is on his side as he narrowly avoids being hit and he reaches deep and strikes the demon...
(OOC I am Using Greater Luck to Soak and to use Extra Effort)

However I am aware I do not always understand the Savage rules. So I will try to come up with something else.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

The reason is because of the actual wording of Luck and Great Luck in SWD.
The mechanic of Luck/Great Luck is that the character "Draws an extra benny at the Start of Each Session". So this means at the start of the session you get an extra benny. That benny is a property of the edge which means the edge would have to be maintained as soon as it was not maintained the benny would be returned to the pile.

This means that activating it again later would not deliver a benny to the character as it would not be the "Start of the session".
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

RFT wrote:The reason is because of the actual wording of Luck and Great Luck in SWD.
The mechanic of Luck/Great Luck is that the character "Draws an extra benny at the Start of Each Session". So this means at the start of the session you get an extra benny. That benny is a property of the edge which means the edge would have to be maintained as soon as it was not maintained the benny would be returned to the pile.

This means that activating it again later would not deliver a benny to the character as it would not be the "Start of the session".

... Actually, I'm not entirely certain it would work the way you lay out.

I agree about the 'start of the session' portion. However, the question is whether or not the benny goes away if the Edge does. After all, bennies are not 'capped' the way Power Points are--they are merely reset to the character's normal value at the start of each session. Hm...

To the OA Forums, Robin!
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Freemage wrote:
RFT wrote:The reason is because of the actual wording of Luck and Great Luck in SWD.

I agree about the 'start of the session' portion. However, the question is whether or not the benny goes away if the Edge does. After all, bennies are not 'capped' the way Power Points are--they are merely reset to the character's normal value at the start of each session. Hm...

To the OA Forums, Robin!
So your argument would be as I understand it that the the Benny once awarded would remain as if it was rewarded for a Hindrance, Role Playing or any other reason? Of Course I can see this argument being made even stronger when compared to Healing or Succor as examples. It is not like I suddenly grow wounds as soon as an item is removed.

I believe I understand the argument, but I think as a GM I may veto the option in a Table Top situation. My argument being that just as if the character had Ambidexterity & Elan in his item, he could not draw on it unless it was active. Perhaps the character starts the session with the Bennies, then when they are needed he activates the device to access them?

PS: Of course as usual I will defer to Clint's official ruling (with the exception of the ridiculous damage type ruling, to which I will never agree with as player or GM).
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

RFT wrote:
Freemage wrote:

To the OA Forums, Robin!
So your argument would be as I understand it that the the Benny once awarded would remain as if it was rewarded for a Hindrance, Role Playing or any other reason? Of Course I can see this argument being made even stronger when compared to Healing or Succor as examples. It is not like I suddenly grow wounds as soon as an item is removed.

I believe I understand the argument, but I think as a GM I may veto the option in a Table Top situation. My argument being that just as if the character had Ambidexterity & Elan in his item, he could not draw on it unless it was active. Perhaps the character starts the session with the Bennies, then when they are needed he activates the device to access them?
Yes. Of course, one might argue just as readily that it's impossible to spend PPts to charge the item before Bennies are drawn at all, thus rendering the whole discussion moot. Hence my decision to go to Clint--Luck/Great Luck are an edge-case (no pun intended) and that's really the best way to handle those.

(Mind you, they're not the most absurd Edge for an Item. That would be "Followers", which I used to build the Contract Ninja Contract from the webcomic 8-Bit Theater. Spend 5 PPE, you get 20 ninja Extras for one hour. On a TD, you forgot to feed them.)
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

And we have a concrete answer: Luck, Great Luck and other Edges that apply over the course of an entire session cannot be put into TW gear. (So my Followers-based ninja contract is out, too. :( )
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

No scavenger either....
https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-r ... s-tw-edges

Well. Bugger.
Anika for asking Freemage.
How is it that making a non weapon is so hard lol.

Thank you.

I think a lucky pocket watch would be fun but....

Well Abandon this.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

No, just make it enchanted
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

RFT wrote:No, just make it enchanted
Yeah man try this on for size:

The Victorian's lucky pocket watch (magic item)
Some say when a cold death greets you the road to the red eyed Albino ushers you to the next world. There at the devils Victorian house surrounded by his hell hounds looking all gentleman like he makes you a deal. Life or death. Those that choose life are returned to the mortal plane with a boon in hand to help them fulfill the deal. In rare cases the item such as a watch is passed down from generation to generation waiting for bell to toll one last time.
base item: Pocket Watch
  • Lucky once a day(Major): +1 benny at the start of each session
  • More luck than lives(Major): If you successfully soak all the wounds of an attack you gain 1 Benny back.
  • A little bit more juice(minor):The user gains +2 Power Points (these regenerate at the same rate as the users).
  • A little bit more juice(minor):The user gains +2 Power Points (these regenerate at the same rate as the users).
Complication:
  • Devils Due: On a crit failure something unfortunate also befalls your character you receive 1 wound ( cannot be soaked)in addition to the ramifications of the crit failure.
Bonus Edge:
  • Better lucky than prepared: gains the use of the scrounger edge 1 time or if already has it, one additional time.
I realize this is 3 majors and 2 minors(?) but it has a pretty harsh complication and I think adding a complication has been done to get just a bit more wiggle room out of an enchanted item.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Pender's version looks fun!
GM Bennies: 7/7
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

A Little More Juice is kinda wonky. If you want to tie more directly to the "luck" theme... +2 to Gambling rolls?
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Freemage wrote:A Little More Juice is kinda wonky. If you want to tie more directly to the "luck" theme... +2 to Gambling rolls?
The OP has an increase in power ppts as one of the original requests.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

MAGIC ITEM

Some say: When a cold death greets you, the road to the red eyed Albino, ushers you to the next world. There, at the devils Victorian house, surrounded by his hell hounds, looking all gentleman like he makes you a deal. Life or death. Those that choose life are returned to the mortal plane with a boon in hand to help them fulfill the deal. In rare cases the item such as a watch is passed down from generation to generation waiting for the bell to toll one last time.

1. Lucky Day [once a day/session/quarter] (Major): +1 benny at the start of each session (by Quarter PbP)
    2. More Luck than Lives (Major): If you successfully soak all the wounds of an attack you gain 1 Benny back.
    3. The Devils own Luck (minor): As a Free Action, roll a Spirit Roll, Failure means the Character suffers the below Devils Due (even if not a Critical Failure) however, Success or better the Character recovers/receives 2d6 Power Points, can exceed original amount of Character.
    4. Devils up my Sleeve (minor): As a Free Action, roll a Spirit Roll, Failure means the Character suffers the below Devils Due (even if not a Critical Failure) however, Success or better the Character has the devil on his side during a card game/night. Add +2 to Gambling Skill for the In Character Game Night (IE not the whole session but the current duration of the games).

Complication: Devils Due. On a Critical Failure Roll (double 1', any situation) something unfortunate befalls your character (roll play out additional complications). Or you receive 1 wound (cannot be soaked) in addition to the ramifications of the Critical Failure.

Examples Devils Due:
      The gun jams, causing it to need repairs, and as you are distracted by this you stumble and fall down, dropping the bag of coins you just stole and watch as the coins spill everywhere, either abandon the gold or spend the next round picking up the loot.

Or, Cheating at Gambling is dangerous and you just critical failed, not only does the other players realize you are cheating as you try to explain your actions the chair leg breaks to the seat you are sitting at and you hit your head on the way to the floor receiving a Wound.

Bonus Edge: Better Lucky than Prepared. Character gains the use of the Scrounger Edge 1 time for the session (Quarter in PbP) or if they already have the Edge, they may use it one additional time during the session.
The previous Note from Pender: I realize this is 3 majors and 2 minors (?) but it has a pretty harsh complication and I think adding a complication has been done to get just a bit more wiggle room out of an enchanted item.
A Note from Lars: I liked this --> A little bit more juice (minor): The user gains +2 Power Points (these regenerate at the same rate as the users). But I changed it up to the The Devils own Luck, and made it dangerous to use it, keeping in theme. Also added the dangerous use of a bonus to Gambling Skill.
Thanks Pender :)

Eye of Volic

Thoughts?
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Lars wrote:
  • The Devils own Luck (minor): As a Free Action, roll a Spirit Roll, Failure means the Character suffers the below Devils Due (even if not a Critical Failure) however, Success or better the Character recovers/receives 2d6 Power Points, can exceed original amount of Character.
This is a big red flag for me. This gives the character a 75% chance of gaining 2d6 Power Points as a free action assuming that Spirit is only d6 as a Minor. This is leaps and bounds better than Soul Drain, as the average roll of 7 would be a Spirit roll at -7 with Soul Drain and it would not be required to be used instantly. Essentially infinite PPE.

Perhaps if you want something like this as a minor ability it would be better to go as follows (assuming others buy into it).
  • The Devils own Luck (minor): As a Free Action, the character can make a roll a d6-3. The characters PPE is adjusted by the roll of the die. However if the die shows a 1 the character instead suffers the Devils Due (see bellow).
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

RFT wrote:
Lars wrote:
  • The Devils own Luck (minor): As a Free Action, roll a Spirit Roll, Failure means the Character suffers the below Devils Due (even if not a Critical Failure) however, Success or better the Character recovers/receives 2d6 Power Points, can exceed original amount of Character.
This is a big red flag for me. This gives the character a 75% chance of gaining 2d6 Power Points as a free action assuming that Spirit is only d6 as a Minor. This is leaps and bounds better than Soul Drain, as the average roll of 7 would be a Spirit roll at -7 with Soul Drain and it would not be required to be used instantly. Essentially infinite PPE.

Perhaps if you want something like this as a minor ability it would be better to go as follows (assuming others buy into it).
  • The Devils own Luck (minor): As a Free Action, the character can make a roll a d6-3. The characters PPE is adjusted by the roll of the die. However if the die shows a 1 the character instead suffers the Devils Due (see bellow).
or?

The Devils own Luck (minor): As a Free Action, roll a Spirit Roll, Failure means the Character suffers the below Devils Due (even if not a Critical Failure) however, Success or better the Character recovers/receives 1d6 Power Points, can not exceed original amount of Character's PP.

Fail Spirit Roll = Wound
Succeed = 1d6 PP
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

By making out a spirit roll you are doing one thing thematically and two things mechanically.

Mechanically:
  • You are allowing Bennies to be used on it.
    You are allowing a wild die.
These combined make it mechanically superior to one of the best Power Edges (Soul Drain).

Thematically:
  • You are removing luck and making it Will power related.
I don't think the description is of a device driven by Will and Skill. But instead is a description of something that twists fate in your favor.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

RFT wrote:By making out a spirit roll you are doing one thing thematically and two things mechanically.

Mechanically:
  • You are allowing Bennies to be used on it.
    You are allowing a wild die.
These combined make it mechanically superior to one of the best Power Edges (Soul Drain).

Thematically:
  • You are removing luck and making it Will power related.
I don't think the description is of a device driven by Will and Skill. But instead is a description of something that twists fate in your favor.
So.....
The Devils own Luck (minor): As a Free Action, roll a Spirit Roll (no wild die) and the roll can not be re-rolled such as with bennies, Failure means the Character suffers the below Devils Due (even if not a Critical Failure) however, Success or better the Character recovers/receives 1d6 Power Points, can not exceed original amount of Character's PP.

Fail Spirit Roll = Wound
Succeed = 1d6 PP

Note: Soul Drain uses Spirit Roll for 2d6 PP and does not have Devils Due.

Does that alleviate /fix the issues?
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I think what is going on here is you may have missed two relevant details in Soul Drain

Soul Drain
  • Spirit Roll with a Penalty equal to about of Power Points wanted which must be used immediately (cannot restore)
    Failure Causes a wound
    Modifier roll of 1 or less causes the character to fall unconscious for 1d6 hours.
Example if I have Soul Drain and want 4 PPE with a d6 Spirit I have a 74.1% chance of taking a wound and a 69.4% chance of taking both a wound and being rendered unconscious for 1d6 hours.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

okay, New version?

3. Devils own Luck (minor): Add +2 to Notice Skill
    4. Devils up my Sleeve (minor): Add +2 to Gambling Skill.

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Lars wrote:okay, New version?

I like this version. Very workable and captures the feel, with one minor adjustment.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lars wrote:okay, New version?

3. Devils own Luck (minor): Add +2 to Notice Skill
    4. Devils up my Sleeve (minor): Add +2 to Gambling Skill.

I would look at minor TW mods, I think usually a minor is a +1 to a trait roll, if I am wrong then I approve. If I am right, knock the skill bonuses to +1 and it would be good.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: I would look at minor TW mods, I think usually a minor is a +1 to a trait roll, if I am wrong then I approve. If I am right, knock the skill bonuses to +1 and it would be good.
Oh good catch i missed it.

But you are correct it is +1 per minor. I will cheat and edit my above post.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Okay, changed to +1's.

Two options on how to get it...
1. Patron Item, or
2. "Signature Item" EP Award (basically the patron item): Heroic TW weapon or equivalent using our Enchanted Items or Super Tech rules. Limit 1 per character. 10 EP each.

Sound right?
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Don't forget he third option get it in game play. :D
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

True but I don’t know if I can afford the delivery cost for pizzas to any of the Game Masters Houses.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

What character is it for?

Obviously not Fell, so who are your others?
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

I was thinking I would add it to Hurtt.

He is a Psi Slinger needing a Background written still. I was holding off on writing it because if I end up with this Pocket Watch I'll need to add in how he got it. (In Game how he got it, OOC it'll cost me 10 EP I assume).

Lars =
1st SET: Fell (Juicer) ---> Hurtt (Psi Slinger)
4th COT: Mercy (Crazie)
7th SET: Roath (Ley Line Walker)
13th SET: Zieja (Commando)
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Cool
Are you predicting Fell is going to Blaze soon?
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

RFT wrote:Cool
Are you predicting Fell is going to Blaze soon?
Oh yes. Under a month. I’m sure. I’ve been playing him since the start and he is nearly a year old IRL.

I’ve been RPing his ... aging for a while now. I love Fell. But. He’s a Juicer. His time is rapidly approaching.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

So Lars,
I am unsure if this should be moved to approved as the item you are taking or if it should this be moved to archived as you are taking something else?
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Archive thank you.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Return to “Archived or Abandoned Items”