Quick Combat Rules

Like any table top game we have some house rules to help things go smoothly. Have a look here to see them. If you have a proposal you can submit it via our House Rules Proposal Forum
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Quick Combat Rules

Post by High Command »

Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Quick Combat Example

Post by High Command »

Sarenna the Unwavering, Noble, the Dogboy Glitterboy, Brandyn the Ley Line Walker, and Orson the Mind Melter (All from Archetype set 1) are all part of a Tomorrow Legion QRF.

They are facing off against a charging Rhino Buffalo. the GM knows that the group will slaughter the poor beast before he can get close enough to do anything, so instead he decides to use Quick Combat Rules. He declares to his players. "Alright guys, we're using the Quick Combat rules. I want you to give me one trait roll and then tell me how that is going to defeat this Rhino Buffalo."

Sarenna is up first. "Well I activate Speed and use my boosted speed to act as bait and bring it in for a kill where we want it." She rolls Psionics and spends ISP to activate Speed. She rolls a total of 4 and 6 on her dice. She suceeds.

Noble, in classic form, shrugs. "I don't want to alert the entire forest to our presence, so I'll shoot him with my NG-LG6. I'll do multifire until I take it down. Drown it in lasers, as it were." He rolls Shooting, gets a 8 and a 2. A success with a raise!

Brandyn grins with delight. "Soon as he gets close, I'll drain his strength until he's as weak as a puppy. Even if Noble can't kill it, at least then it won't be able to do anything about it!" He rolls Spellcasting and gets a 1 and a 1! Oh no, Critical Failure! His player looks a little worried.

Orson scoffs. "If the poor thing makes it past Noble's onslaught, I'll just take control of it and redirect it. Seriously, you guys are horrible. It's just a dumb beast!" He rolls a 2 and a 2, but he also throws in a Benny for a reroll. This time he gets a 6 and a 4. That's a solid success!

The GM then narrates what happens. "Sarenna, the beast seems happy to chase you. Even with your prodigious endurance though, it's a bit tiring. Take one level of fatigue. You lure it into position for Noble who fires half an e-clip at the beast. It's tough, so while it felt those, it seems to be active. Brandyn tries to do some magical backlash, but instead seems to create a mini-rift over his left arm! You are dealt,'" he rolls a d3, "1 wound. As it closes in on Noble and Orson, Orson raises his hand, kind of like a Jedi would, and closes his eyes. The beast snorts and paws the ground angrily. He swishes away, glaring at Sarenna and Noble with a look that says he doesn't consider this settled at all. But given how much Orson is smirking, you can't be sure if that isn't just theatrics on his part. Well done!"
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.

Return to “House Rules”