Part 6.5 JtoZ, Witchwell inn: Dance Off.

Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 6.5 JtoZ, Witchwell inn: Dance Off.

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

8 hours have elapsed
Ashlyn
Snow Dragon, Hmmm... Tasty... nom Nom nom, tasty old hag... One of the witches that cursed us will soon be in my belly... The mountain used to be warm, no snow blizzards... Stupid vampires and their witch servants.... Oh that looks good. Some day we eat Lord Ruthvan... Nom nom Nom
The Dragons as one plunge into the engorged hag feasting on her leyline enfused body. Ashlyn’s radio Crackles with Karl’s voice, ” Wifey, looks like Asnir’s boy is picking a fight with Zacatecus, you will not want to miss it.”
The rangers with the mighty mystic indicate they would like to head back to the saftey of the inn and away from the pile of dragons.

Indeed after a short feast, the dragons snort and move on separating ways and heading into the blinding snow. Tracking them would be almost impossible, and what would happen if one stumbled upon the mystic all by herself?

If Snow dragon combat must be had we can do that as well.... But Ashlyn can take a +1 benny for being railroaded back to the inn as I am not sure 8 v 1 would be fair.
Zacatecus
Zacatecus
In the Inn Zacatecus the bold, the mighty, the 4-armed beast of a man smiles and draws an old earth cigar... A mystic of the holy vestige of Asnir had just asked him if he had anything to do with the Confessor’s (Apok friend of Pen) disapearence. He smokes the cigar long and slow, savoring the drag for about five minutes. Folks in the know clear out of the inn or head into the steamy confines of the sauna. He mutters, ”So that just leaves the so called heroes eh?” He blows puffs and puffs of sweet smoke at the inquisitive mystic. ” Oh yes... To all you heroes, I spent my time with her... Carnal and bold we were she pressed me hard and I her. Would it do you well she was looking for someone and would do almost anything to find them?” The Inn sort of grew even more quite and Jesse went looking for her reset button muttering something about incorrigible heroes.

He finished smoking his cigar draining it down to a stub and then cracked his neck snapping his fingers. Another 4-armed Rahu-man strode through the Vampire Mountain door with Commander Kurling in hand so to speak. It looks like the Chrome Commander had been punctured by something sharp. One arm was missing and his legs... His legs were a twisted metal heap. Zacvatecus smiles, ” This is my second, Dime. Please gently release the borg and remember the rules of this place.”

Dime slowly lays the commander down with care and steps to his regents side.

Zacatecus fixes his boots a bit, ” So I saw this metal borg kill the Confessor. What would you say to that?”

Commander Kurling’s red eyes flicker and his voice drones as he lays crumpled on the floor, ” Yes... I am responsible for her death more than any here... Don’t... Don’t let him dance...” Zacatecus laughs mightily at the Borg’s uncomfortable statement...

The mighty four armed champion of evil slaps his meaty thighs, and rubs his oiled skin... His kilt flashes with purple and reds as he rises up. Seven more of his kind step to his side as he claps and the music starts... ” Best me now heroes and I will grant you all you desire. The knowledge of where Lord Ruthvan’s castle is... The last location of the Apok... And...” Another Rahu-man comes through the door with Doc Reid returned from the dead. He appears to be hog tied and mouth tapped shut. ” My, Third... Nickle, found him skulking aimlessly just after the last... Haha, reset...”

The only thing really strange about Doc are that his cybernetics seem super new and shiney. His hair seems to be made out of some kind of metalic silver as well. ”A strange curiosity, and one I think you and your rangers would like back.” The few rangers still in the bar gasp. Zacatecus shrugs, ” Or don’t dance, and never learn where the Confessor went, loose what faith the Ranger’s have put in you, and... I promise you that you will never find Lord Ruthvan’s castle. After an undeadslayer broke into it, it has been so enchanted that none say for I can grant the way. To settle this we Dance and Jesse will declare the victor!!” He throws his hands in the air giving a great howl!!

The music really starts thumping and playing!!! He and his 4-arm manly crew start to stomp the yard with their heavy felled boots on the nearby dance floor!

Zacatecus sways back and forth, his baratone voice fills the air as it carries over the rhythmic music he and his men are stomping too. Thump... Thump... Thump... Thump-Thumpppppp... TakkatakkaTakaka

”Ok, ok, I see what's happening here
You're face to face with greatness, and it's strange
You don't even know how you feel
It's adorable!
Well, it's nice to see that mortals never change
Open your eyes, let's begin
Yes, it's really me, it's Zacatecus: breathe it in!
I know it's a lot: the hair, the bod!
When you're staring at a demi-god
What can I say except you're welcome
For the tides, the sun, the sky
Hey, it's okay, it's okay
You're welcome
I'm just an ordinary demi-guy...”

The Rahu-men thump and pump their way arround the dance floor aiding each other to higher and higher hieghts! Zacatecus puts in his all spinning, siniging, and stomping!
16 Successes needed.
Nickle: Cooperative roll: Cooperative Roll: [dice:2thq49y6]44343:0[/dice:2thq49y6] Wild [dice:2thq49y6]44343:1[/dice:2thq49y6]
Dime: Cooperative roll: [dice:2thq49y6]44343:2[/dice:2thq49y6] Wild [dice:2thq49y6]44343:3[/dice:2thq49y6]
Zacatecus: GM benny spent for Master Dancer! [dice:2thq49y6]44343:4[/dice:2thq49y6] Wild [dice:2thq49y6]44343:5[/dice:2thq49y6] Wild [dice:2thq49y6]44343:6[/dice:2thq49y6] GM Benny for EF with Elan: [dice:2thq49y6]44343:7[/dice:2thq49y6]
Jesse for her part nods to the heroes and gestures to the dance floor, She whispers taking a sip of a strong blue drink ”I am truely bound to be impartial, and he is... Legendary...”. Karl is pretty busy snapping photos of this and uploading them to demonic snap chat while he admires his new shiney blade. Rod whirls in the air wishing he had legs. The few rangers that remain take a seat knowing they are out of their league.

Jesse whispers to the heroes with a wink, ” I am sure at one point or another you all picked up a thing or two... forwarning next song up is an old earth one, by Billy Joel. We didn’t start the fire...”

Player Directions, please read
Vampire Kingdoms Dance Off: Make an Agility(dancing) roll at -4 or Vigor( Singing) at -4. Successes needed are 16. A player may describe a complication making the difficulty -6 and gain a benny for the creativity and bold determination to face insurmountable odds. Every multiple of 5 above 16 (21, 26, 31 etc) will grant a small boon.

Adventure cards cannot be played at this juncture. Yup, read the next two points as the GM is giving you guys two ways to get a +2. Both can be taken for a +4.

Master Dance Defining Interest: Drop a Benny and provide a cool occ story of how your character was skilled in the art of the Dance or Song! +2 Bonus to the scene. Note: Add this to your sheet as forever more you are a Master Dancer or Song and any future Dance offs will gain this +2 bonus.

We didn’t start the fire: include a line from the song during your part in this and add a +2 bonus to your roll.

Uhhhh GM I got some cool edges that grant me the bonuses to agility rolls if I use a trick, can those apply: Hell yeah man!

Uhhh... GM I got Mcguyver, can this help? Hell yeah, describe some kind of super cool thing you made using Pen’s backhair, Ndreare’s spit, and Kir’s toe jam. Add +2 to your roll.

Woa woa, GM I am a dragon... Hell yeah you are! Make a Spirit roll at -2, as the power of your everloving mother courses through your veins because lets face it only you are close to a Demi-God... Succeed you get to make the above rolls with no negative! What about if I fail? 1 level of fatigue!

Uhhh GM, so my character’s dad is a true Atlantean who has been here before, and heck lets face it he is the one Zacatecus complained about crashing into the castle forcing them to make it neigh impossible to find what kind of bonus does that net me? No bonus but you get the feeling Zacatecus is now looking right at you while he dances with an eerie grin...

Uhh What about me man, does Asnir help me? He glues your feet to the dance floor take a benny and an additional -2 penalty.

Uhhhhh... What about all those Rangers and allied extras, and sidekicks? Read the last part of the narrative! This is soley on you heroes!

Uhhhhh... So like I got all these awesome spells and psionic or mystic power. Can’t we just blast Zacatecus in the face or like cast boost trait? Man anyone with an AB knows this place exists outside of normal rules laid down by the gods Shane and Clint. Some TW cast resurrection and a techno nano bot eating sludge titdal wave came crashing down eating half the the inn. How many times do you think Jesse can reset this place when the heroes try something the inn does not like? Just make the agility or vigor roll.

Oh man I totally forgot I can kill folks with a sword or railgun. Can’t I just stabby stab Zacatecus? Sure man, roll to hit with a +2 bonus vs Parry 8, and deal the damage using your toughness. Wait did you say my toughness, like I am attacking myself? You bet man! This inn is a safe place unless you try to do folks harm.

Woa woa woa... How dis Doc Reid comw back to life? viewtopic.php?f=176&t=3000#p43846

Inn description incase you did not travel to the shared RP experience
”Welcome to the Witchwell Inn.” are the words you hear from the lovely Jesse, the red haired purvayor of the estabilishment. She has a quick smile and a tasteful red dress. Besides greeting folks such as your self she seemingly always has a tray of drinks and awesome smelling concoctions held high over held with great skill. Here brown eyes twinkle in the in door lights. The entrance seems one and yet at least three. A set of triple doors make up the entrance. If you entered from the Drwarven Mountains in Shintair you came in from the middle. If you entered from the area just north of Whykin you entered from the left door. If you entered from the mountain of Zacatacus commoningly known as Vampire Mountain you came in from the right hand door.

The inside is a cross polination of fantasy and future. Gaming tables with holographic displays are being played by dwarves in archaic chain mail and beards that droop to the floor. Dancers walk atop futureistic small stages. Wooden takards of foaming ale are being chugged by humans and D-bees with an assorted of cybernetic accessories. A few cyberknights are talking to a white haired wizard complete with a pointed hat. The bar area itself is heavily inundated with medival clothed and armored drawrves who seem to be awash with soot and black dust. Several seem to have pick axes and hard metalic mining helmets.

The bar is a dark wood with metal inlays. The most interesting mirror hangs on the back of the bar reflecting the patron visages back at them that spans the length of the large bar top. The words, Reflect the Mightiest of Actions, are scrawled a top the mirror. Anyone who can sense or smell magic can feel one of the most powerful protective enchantments they have ever felt coming from that mirror. Its almost as if any attack action would be reflected back against the aggressor!

There are several tables situated in a U shape, most are occupied by 4-armed hulking human like idividuals called Rahu-men. They are bare chested and wear only leather kilts and sandels. They carry no apparent weapons. The tables are a wooden, heavy and red oak. They boarder a rather large dance floor. Rounding out the features of the inn is a black wooden stair case that heads upstairs to several overnight rooms. People are coming and going down or up the stair case would indicate that at least 12 rooms or more are occupied up there.

As you each enter the respective door glows briefly with either Zacatecus, Whykin, or Hispain ( Shintair) etched in a black stone above the entry way. Jesse manages a friendly smile and her afore mentioned welcome. She also follows it with a rather pleasent laugh and a quick question or two, ” What brings you to Witchwell? Luck, fame, fortune, general heroics, or are you lost?”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Part 6.5 JtoZ, Witchwell inn: Dance Off.

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Vigor 12; 3 successes
-4 difficulty, +2 Master of Song, +2 lyrics, +2 Divine Faith
Vigor [dice:3redw0w1]44515:0[/dice:3redw0w1]
Wild [dice:3redw0w1]44515:1[/dice:3redw0w1]
Benny for Extra Effort [dice:3redw0w1]44515:2[/dice:3redw0w1]
Zacatecas, Mexico/Witchwell Inn
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn clicked twice to acknowledge Karl’s comm traffic and quietly and slowly backed away from the snow dragons. That had been...interesting, intriguing, possibly informative. She would have to consider what she had learned.

Ashlyn was shivering again by the time she trekked back into the inn. She stomped snow from her boots and then paused as she noticed pretty much everyone except the Resolute had disappeared from the inn’s common room.

Well, everyone except the large man with four arms.

“This can’t be good,” Ashlyn murmured.

Especially when Commander Kurling was brought in in a mutilated heap.

“Commander!” Ashlyn exclaimed, moving over to the borg, unsure if she could heal someone who was more machine than man.

Zacatecas claimed the Commander had killed the Confessor and Ashlyn frowned. “How could this be true?” she asked him as they were challenged to a dance off.

Ashlyn stood up, reaching for the seals of her armor. She removed it piece by piece as she headed for the dance floor, staring down Zacatecas. She wasn’t the greatest dancer, but Ashlyn had grown up singing in the church, hours of Gregorian chant, sacred polyphony, and mass parts, sometimes overnight during holy days. She shed her boots, walking barefoot out onto the dance floor, her simple leggings and blouse clinging to her curves as she tossed back her long, dark raven hair. She caught Karl taking pictures and gave the little imp a wink as the song started. She tapped her spiritual powers and her body started to glow.

Ashlyn’s dance moves were rudimentary, but her vocals were powerful as she belted out the beginning lyrics of the song.

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

The whole situation was surreal...they were going to fight, by dancing? Vela had to laugh. This Zacateus thought he was being clever, no doubt. He had no way to know how many days and nights Vela had spent with her humans living on her tribe's territory. Music was something solemnly used by The People, in rite and ceremony. Humans though, they sang in the street...they played music wherever they went, and it had always been one of the things that had drawn Vela to them.

She knew how to dance.

When Ashlyn began singing, Vela flowed in with all the sinuous grace of a feline, though for once she kept her human form. The steps she knew were far easier with human feet, she found. She didn't know the words, but left that to Ashlyn. Her armor clattered to the floor then, leaving her dressed in what was essentially her undergarments, a short top that left arms and midriff exposed, and short, tight pants that didn't reach her knees. A skirt would have been nice, she thought distantly as her body moved itself. They did flare out so nicely on the twirls.

Vela moved up to Zacateus and his rahu-men, aggressive in movement and posture, her eyes flashing challenge. She matched him, move for move, then improvised...pressing up close without quite touching, and spinning away. Soon the two were engrossed with trying to one-up the other, with Vela leading the much larger Zacateus on a merry chase. Each time she let him get close, then pirouetted or vaulted over a table or somehow made a close escape. All without missing a beat, or putting a foot wrong.

With a nod, he summoned his minions to close in around the werejaguar, and hem her in...but it was like trying to grasp water. She simply flowed away...at one point leaping up to grasp a low-hanging chandelier and with a kick fling herself over their heads to land on the far side. Still to the music.
Rolls: Agility 23 - 5 successes
Agility -4, +2 because of course cats can dance; [dice:2xl50nhv]44529:0[/dice:2xl50nhv] or [dice:2xl50nhv]44529:1[/dice:2xl50nhv]
Ace [dice:2xl50nhv]44529:2[/dice:2xl50nhv] Ace again [dice:2xl50nhv]44529:3[/dice:2xl50nhv] Jesus. [dice:2xl50nhv]44529:4[/dice:2xl50nhv]
You know what? Benny for Extra Effort, because why the hell not? [dice:2xl50nhv]44529:5[/dice:2xl50nhv]
Last edited by Vela on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

LOL Crit Fail

Vigor [dice:iirz3fue]44531:0[/dice:iirz3fue]
Wild [dice:iirz3fue]44531:1[/dice:iirz3fue]

Penitent avoids leaving the room he shares with Audrey as long as possible, but eventually both are too famished to put it off any longer. Far too experienced to go anywhere unarmored or unarmed, he insists that both of them don armor and weapons, even if the rules of the inn enforced a wrong-headed pacifism.

Seeing the four-armed demon Zacateqas, Penitent knows his preparations were justified. About to draw his sword, he is stopped by Audrey's hand on his arm.

"See how this plays out first. I think he wants everyone to... dance," the techno-wizard says.

"Dancing is for fops and prostitutes," Penitent scoffs, donning his demon mask. "Though it seems he wishes to sing, as well. That, I can do."

Thinking to sing a few bars of a song he'd seen on a pre-Rifts video, full of fire and references to humanity's sins, the apok clears his throat and prepares to stun the crowd with his gravelly baritone.

His demon mask has other plans.

Enraged by the four-armed demon's mockery of the demigod Maui, the mask begins screaming and growling Abyssal curses not heard on Rifts Earth in millennia. The aural onslaught is enough to make the dirtiest nun blush, imprinting on the minds of young children so deeply they are sure to speak like sailors for days.

It's enough to make Karl put down his phone and pull out his air guitar to jam along.

"Oh yeah, Papa, give him the business! Wiggety-wiggety-woooooooow."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kir Gloryspirit »

Notice 10
[dice:1ipw763r]44698:0[/dice:1ipw763r]
[dice:1ipw763r]44698:1[/dice:1ipw763r]
[dice:1ipw763r]44698:2[/dice:1ipw763r] Ace: [dice:1ipw763r]44698:3[/dice:1ipw763r]

+1 Benny & -4 scene penalty for adding a complication
-1 Benny for a +2 and a new Edge for telling a story
+2 for including the Lyrics in my post
-2 Scene penalty for Kir from GM
Kir had to admit, the four armed men were good. However, knowing and reciting the songs and dance of his people, specifically those related to Asnir, was one Kir's duties. He was shocked when his feet would not budge from the floor as he was preparing to dance.

Then the music began playing, and he knew Asnir's intent. The lyrics were garbled and the beat could hardly be heard. Surely the result of some trickery from their opponents.

This all took Asnir back to the days of his youth. He would sit in the mead hall listening to the elders sing. He always listened most intently to the songs dedicated to Asnir, and he soon knew them by heart. One could say it was where his faith in and love of Asnir took root.

After learning the songs, he began to sing them. He was skilled, but it was the emotion he put into each song which made him shine. And as he grew older and his voice deepened, the effect was magnified. It was a time long ago, but one which is connected to him today, and despite the situation at the inn, it brings the mystic joy.

Vigor 8: 2 Successes; -1 Benny
[dice:1ipw763r]44698:4[/dice:1ipw763r]-2=1 (-8 Scene, +4 Scene)
EE: [dice:1ipw763r]44698:7[/dice:1ipw763r]-2=8 (+2 Elan, +2 from first Roll)
[dice:1ipw763r]44698:5[/dice:1ipw763r]
[dice:1ipw763r]44698:6[/dice:1ipw763r]
Ashlynn was doing an admirable job singing, so Kir played the beat with his staff aginst the floor. Then he had an interesting idea. Karl had shown him some videos of something called yakapillow and beating boxes.

With his feet unable to move and the music tampered with, Kir decides to use voice and staff to even the odds. Asnir's voice joins his own, and a warm, orange aura spreads out and joins with Ashlynn's, creating an interesting ambiance for the resolute heroes.

With Asnir's help, his own skill and what he'd been shown by Karl, he supplemented the tampered instrumentals with his own vocals. Then when the chorus came up, he signaled Ashlynn so that she would know he and Asnir would take it.

"We didn't start the fire.
It was always burning.
Since the world's been turning.
We didn't start the fire.
No we didn't light it.
But we tried to fight it."
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic of Asnir, God of War
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic
Charisma: 3; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 10(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness: +2 to Notice
    Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
    Cosmic Confluence: 2 PPE to 1 ISP & Vice Versa (use immediately)
    Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
    Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
    Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
PPE: 8/25; PPE: 0/10; PPE: 10/15; ISP: 8/20
Bennies: 0/3; Sun Dogs: 2/4
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Kir Gloryspirit speaking/thinking
Asnir, god of war speaking (directly into the mind)
Asnir speaking through Kir Gloryspirit (both speaking simultaneously)
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Dance 16
Spirit at -2 for being a dragon.
Spirit [dice:akjeveui]44706:0[/dice:akjeveui], Wild die [dice:akjeveui]44706:1[/dice:akjeveui]
Wild die Reroll due to Being Cursed with Awesome: [dice:akjeveui]44706:2[/dice:akjeveui].
Benny reroll: Spirit [dice:akjeveui]44706:3[/dice:akjeveui], Wild die [dice:akjeveui]44706:4[/dice:akjeveui].
Benny reroll: Spirit [dice:akjeveui]44706:5[/dice:akjeveui], Ace [dice:akjeveui]44706:7[/dice:akjeveui], Wild die [dice:akjeveui]44706:6[/dice:akjeveui], Ace [dice:akjeveui]44706:8[/dice:akjeveui].

Dance, Dance (no penalty to start). Complication -2, +2 Master Dance, +2 Lyrics.
Agility [dice:akjeveui]44706:9[/dice:akjeveui], Ace [dice:akjeveui]44706:11[/dice:akjeveui], Wild die [dice:akjeveui]44706:10[/dice:akjeveui].

Grynn, still in human form, was confused for a moment. A four-armed creature - he vaguely recognized it as a rahu-man, spoke languidly at the group. He advised them that the Confessor was dead, and then had a very damage Commander Kurling brought in. He tried to pretend like he had nothing to do with it - neither the Confessor's death nor Kurling's intensely-damaged state - but Grynn wasn't buying it and he didn't think his teammates were either.

Then Doc Reid was brought in - wait, what? Doc Reid was alive? Grynn had thought that the resurrection hadn't happened! But also, Doc Reid looked really weird, not like he had before. They were warned not to dance by Kurling, but things quickly progressed and the rahu-man told them to dance or forever be denied knowledge. Some of his teammates took up the challenge, or at least took offense, and the situation devolved from there.

His com crackled and he started to catch weird radio signals that were definitely not from his team or anyone in the inn that he could tell. And suddenly it became part of a song, "Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law." It caught him off-guard for a moment but then the singer got really intense and the music was swelling and he rode the wave, "Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore!!"

He moved forward in a few quick steps and then jumped backwards, only to catch himself before he would have fallen to the floor completely. He popped back up to his feet and spun around. He caught Penitent's offensive words and he snarled. As he spun again he shifted to his dragon form to slap the apok hard with his tail. "So I'm a fop or a prostitute? Asshole!" He almost immediately hit his head on the ceiling for being too big when he reared up in his larger form.

Things spun around him for a second and he shifted back to human form, barely managing to recover before he just slammed in to the floor. This did, however, give him an idea. He began to mix his dance moves with shifting forms in to various animals and sentient races. Near the end he slid between Ashlynn's legs as a cat, then morphed fully back in to a human to complete his power slide.
Last edited by Grynn on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Raynard Lucas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Raynard Lucas »

OOC Comments
Agility [dice:1igd8lcq]44708:0[/dice:1igd8lcq]
Ace [dice:1igd8lcq]44708:2[/dice:1igd8lcq]
Double Aceification [dice:1igd8lcq]44708:3[/dice:1igd8lcq]
Extra Effort, because Why not? [dice:1igd8lcq]44708:4[/dice:1igd8lcq]
Wild Die [dice:1igd8lcq]44708:1[/dice:1igd8lcq]
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

16 For Singing
Task Vigor d8 -4 (Yes I know my Agility is higher, but who would ever expect the Dark Elf to me a great singer?)
Master of Song +2
Include a line from We didn't start the fire +2
Rodney will play a classic elven ballad +0
Total d8

Vigor [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:0[/dice:1f33j4c9]
Wild Die [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:1[/dice:1f33j4c9] Ace [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:2[/dice:1f33j4c9]

Benny to reroll +2 Elan
Vigor [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:3[/dice:1f33j4c9] Ace [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:5[/dice:1f33j4c9]
Wild [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:4[/dice:1f33j4c9]

Benny to reroll +2 Elan
Vigor [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:6[/dice:1f33j4c9]
Wild [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:7[/dice:1f33j4c9]

Benny to reroll +2 Elan
Vigor [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:8[/dice:1f33j4c9]
Wild [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:9[/dice:1f33j4c9]

Benny to reroll +2 Elan
Vigor [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:10[/dice:1f33j4c9]
Wild [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:11[/dice:1f33j4c9] Ace [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:12[/dice:1f33j4c9]

Benny to reroll +2 Elan
Vigor [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:13[/dice:1f33j4c9]
Wild [dice:1f33j4c9]44903:14[/dice:1f33j4c9]

As the four armed giants begin acting offensively and start turning things into a strange sort of performance Ndreare is unimpressed. His kind have danced since before the world was made and will be dancing for eons after it is destroyed. the giants while normally prone to nobility have chosen poorly for the method of their challenge.

As they begin to play their music Ndreare sends some music from EDIN to Rodney. “Rodney, instrumentals only please, and make sure we drown out their little beats, with weapons fire if needed.” Ndareare begins performing the traditional curt and rapid dance moves of his people representing the battle of lovers and the politics of war.

As his voice breaks into song it is enough to draw strange looks from those around as his normally tenor voice sing in a soprano human vocal cords could not meat. Combined with the deep and resonant cords, with abrupt and sharp notes from Rodney the two come together for an eerie sound all together disquieting.

Most of the song song in dragonese was to complicated for those who did not speak the elves tongue to follow. But for those who could the story of a love that had burned for eternity past, one not started by the lovers who enjoyed, that would last for many more, and in many other lives to come. It was a fire that had burned since the world begin turning and will burning until the last world ends.

In the tradition of his people each person singing the song of life and struggle would replace keywords with the words that represented what was important in their owns lives. For the humans it holds notes of a pre-rifts song about life's struggle in history song by an artist who included his own experiences and great moments. No we didn’t start the fire, we fought against it, but things always change from moment to moment and nothing will ever slow it down. the very song Jesse frowned at as it played earlier.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Crit Fail on dancing
I give up [dice:1z3dmlwi]44982:0[/dice:1z3dmlwi], [dice:1z3dmlwi]44982:1[/dice:1z3dmlwi]
Krys has studied North American geography, history, and culture. A surprising amount of it survives in places like Lazlo. In fact one semester at Lazlo University, she had to do a paper on this very song. Breaking down all the historical and cultural references listed in the song. She'd grown to love it an had even participated in a team dance off around this very song. This is something she should excel at. Indeed her father had always been weirdly focused on dance in regards to this mountain.

But the way that damn rahu-man is looking at her just disrupts her concentration and then she hears Pen's rendition and she just loses it laughing. She ends up rolling on the floor in laughter. "Oh Gods and Goddesses, please tell me you rahu-men understood that! Oh that was rich. About as rich as your very thinly veiled recrimination because you were fooled by my father." She turns around and walks off the stage, making it all awkward.
Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
Quick Stats
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Next GM post will drop in a day or so. GET YOUR FRACKING NOTICE DICE READY.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Raynard Lucas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Raynard Lucas »

When she got home, she would wake him up and they would dance. Raynard remembers it fondly, a young boy, 8 or 9, his mother, working at a bar would come up each night and wake him up. She would take him through her favorite routines, the tango, the waltz, she even taught him obscure pre-rifts dances like the Charleston, a bit of tap. It was her favorite thing, she said, she always dreamed of being a dancer. But in her mid-teens she became pregnant with raynard, and his father, left, or worse, and so it was up to her to bring him up, the only decent living at the local honky tonk. When she got home she would dismiss the sitter and gently wake up. After a nice hot cup of cocoa she would fire up the holo projector, her prize possession, and they would watch old dance routines, listen to old music.

Raynard watches the others, focusing intently. When the song starts up, a smile spreads over his face. He stands erect, running his hand through his slicked back hair to put it perfectly in place. He walks over to a table top and grabs a couple of bottle caps, which he pushes firmly into the bottom of his shoes. "Trouble in the Sueeezzz... he sings, before launching into a perfect imitation of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNKRm6H-qOU timed to the music. He smiles throughout, reliving the joy of his childhood, performing something he practiced a thousand times. At the end though, a sad smile, because he remembers the night she vanished forever.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Zacatecus grins as the Resolute Heroes dance, sing, and prance their way to a victory. Even before Jesse can declare whom the victor is, the 4 armed sweaty bare chested Rahu-man claps his hands. He nods to Dime and Nickle who release Doc Reid. Zacatecus’ seconds leave along with the seven other Rahu-men and he looks to the heroes finally alone with them.

”That was fantastic! Lord Ruthvan should have had you at his Castle months ago during the last Gala!” He grins hungrily at Vela with a slick smile, ” Well done my lady, so lithe and agile. Perhaps when we conclude our business here we may yet find ourselves coupled together in the forbidden dance!”

To Pen and Krys He laughs, ” Wonderful efforts! But perhaps your agile friend can give you some pointers. Lets hope that you fight a tad bit better than you dance or our journey up to the summit will be short and swift. Be glad that your fellow dancers picked up the slack and I did not have to remove your legs like your commander.” He looks at Krys for a moment, apraising her. ”Sabazio’s daughter eh? I wonder if your father ever told you of the bargin he made with Lord Ruthvan?” He shrugs, ” We will see when you come face to face with my master.”

He laughs! ”Prepare yourselves and those who you will bring... Let me know when you are ready and we will see much. A tour deforce of all the vampire mountain has to offer. The portal to Calgary which no mask can penatrate, The gap of death from which only the brave and bold can barely surive, and of course the twisted path no one say for mself can navigate which leads to the Castle in the Clouds. Be warned it is a cold jounrey and for some you will have to hold your breath. Let me know when you and any you wish to bring along are prepared for such a journey and we will begin.” Zacatecus laughs mightily walking to the bar he slams his fist down with a thud! “Jesse I requre Ale, 12 Tankards full!” He gazes up at the length long mirror of the bar whose words across its frame give warning to any hero wanting to do another harm. He starts to drink the 12 tankards once served. A familiar yellow blinking question mark hovers over the quest givers head.
Command Kurling
The Commander lies on the floor in a heap. His torso is mostly intact but his legs are bent and broken. His monotone voice trembles, ” I am sorry... The Confessor and I danced as if we had nothing to loose... We lost... He took my legs from me as the price of failure. I am sorry... Does the monster tell the truth did she go through a portal or did he end her life? If only I could dance like a dragon or Jaguar!”
Doc Reid
He walks solwly to the heroes and his men in the bar. His men like Grizzly Carter, Audrey, and Yodh look at Doc with wonderment and awe. They are trying to hold from the obvious, How did you come back from the dead? Doc brushes back his silver metalic hair with fresh crome arms, ” My friends... I had a revelation, it... It will take time for me to put it into action. But rest assured it will be the end of vampires as we know it.” The men, his rangers smile wide at the good news.”[/b] Doc glad to be back grasps Raynard’s forarm in friendship, ”Old friend, it is good to be back from the hellish nightmare that awaits us on the pale side. The sight of one of my best rangers is welcome!” Doc looks arround for a moment frowning, ”Now where did that little cat go to?” Hopefully he spies Grynn’s cat form and tries to scritch the little feline, ”Good kitty, good kitty... We are going to some amazing things.”
Karl
Admiring his newly minted Battle Fury blade the little imp now with a heafty set of biceps wanders over to Kir. The imp grins holding out his phone for Kir to read, ” Got a text from your boy Asnir, looks like his power was just activated at the Tomorrow Legion’s Castle. Wow, look at this video man. Looks like someone has it in for a group of heroes called the 77th CIT!” He shows Kir a video of a death trap inolving a glowing ball of celestial energy that seems to stem from the power of Asnir. Karl’s phone beeps and a text displays. It reads, Karl you are walking into a trap. He smiles sheepishly at Kir and whispers devilshly, ”Women right?”
Rod
Ndreare’s wrist communicator beeps, ”Master... That is not Commander Kurling... I cannot place my finger on it... But definately not the same borg that has been with us for the journey up the mountain. I am 85% positive.”

Player Direction.
  • Step 1: Notice roll at -4 is required for the next scene. Failure on it will result in you not being able to act during a future surprise round. Danger sense makes this at -2.
  • Step 2: React and RP, if you ask any questions feel free to ask any of the NPCs and I will try to formulate a coherent response. Don’t forget to rally your troops with a Persuation or Intimidation roll for the last leg of the trip! Failure and loose 1d6 rangers, 2d6 if using intimidate.
  • Step 3: Items arrived. Remember all those items you may or may not have had commissioned at El Paso, make sure you include Jesse giving them over to you.
  • Step 4: Earn youself an awesome benny by clicking on the quest giver and ending your narrative with letting Zacatecus know you are ready to roll.
  • Step 5: Bonus for Krys and Pen: Each of you Roll a d14 and the GM will let you know what it means next scene!

Uhhh hey Pender can’t we just kill Zacatecus now, he is alone right? Yup he sure is, feel free to attack him at +4 with the drop and then deal the damage directly to you. What about puppeting him? Go puppet yourself.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 31
-4 difficulty, +2 Danger Sense
Notice [dice:xrd54gtt]45112:0[/dice:xrd54gtt]
Wild [dice:xrd54gtt]45112:1[/dice:xrd54gtt]
Let's benny to reroll that
Notice [dice:xrd54gtt]45112:2[/dice:xrd54gtt]
Wild [dice:xrd54gtt]45112:3[/dice:xrd54gtt]
Ace [dice:xrd54gtt]45112:4[/dice:xrd54gtt]
Ace [dice:xrd54gtt]45112:5[/dice:xrd54gtt]
Ace [dice:xrd54gtt]45112:6[/dice:xrd54gtt]
Persuasion 8
Notice [dice:xrd54gtt]45112:7[/dice:xrd54gtt]
Wild [dice:xrd54gtt]45112:8[/dice:xrd54gtt]
Benny to extra effort [dice:xrd54gtt]45112:9[/dice:xrd54gtt]
Night
Round 0

With the dance competition ended, Ashlyn watched Zacatecas warily. So he was going to lead them up the mountain?

Ashlyn went over to Commander Kurling and knelt him again. “I am sure you were very brave,” she reassured the bord. “I do not know if we can trust him about the Confessor or not. Hopefully time will tell.” She examined his legs. “I can’t heal these, but perhaps there is someone that can repair you. I am no good with technology. Is there anything else I can do to help you?”

With Commander Kurling at least comfortable, Ashlyn went outside into the snow once more. She met with Nestor and his rangers, filling them in on what had happened and encouraging them to stay strong. The return of Dr. Reid helped buoy their spirits.

Returning inside, Ashlyn went over to Zacatecas. “I am ready to go,” she told the rahu-man.
Character Tracker
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Ashlyn Alvarez wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:55 am
Notice 31
-4 difficulty, +2 Danger Sense
Notice [dice:zaxx4qlf]45112:0[/dice:zaxx4qlf]
Wild [dice:zaxx4qlf]45112:1[/dice:zaxx4qlf]
Let's benny to reroll that
Notice [dice:zaxx4qlf]45112:2[/dice:zaxx4qlf]
Wild [dice:zaxx4qlf]45112:3[/dice:zaxx4qlf]
Ace [dice:zaxx4qlf]45112:4[/dice:zaxx4qlf]
Ace [dice:zaxx4qlf]45112:5[/dice:zaxx4qlf]
Ace [dice:zaxx4qlf]45112:6[/dice:zaxx4qlf]
Persuasion 8
Notice [dice:zaxx4qlf]45112:7[/dice:zaxx4qlf]
Wild [dice:zaxx4qlf]45112:8[/dice:zaxx4qlf]
Benny to extra effort [dice:zaxx4qlf]45112:9[/dice:zaxx4qlf]
Night
Round 0

With the dance competition ended, Ashlyn watched Zacatecas warily. So he was going to lead them up the mountain?

Ashlyn( went over to Commander Kurling and knelt him again. “I am sure you were very brave,” she reassured the bord. “I do not know if we can trust him about the Confessor or not. Hopefully time will tell.” She examined his legs. “I can’t heal these, but perhaps there is someone that can repair you. I am no good with technology. Is there anything else I can do to help you?”

With Commander Kurling at least comfortable, Ashlyn went outside into the snow once more. She met with Nestor and his rangers, filling them in on what had happened and encouraging them to stay strong. The return of Dr. Reid helped buoy their spirits.

Returning inside, Ashlyn went over to Zacatecas. “I am ready to go,” she told the rahu-man.
Commander Kurling looks at the mystic Ashlyn (@Ashlyn Alvarez) who gives him many words of comfort. His glowing red eyes seem to stare right through her. But to your mystic sight of the evil which is supernatural she sees him perfectly. Those eyes... Something about them unnerve the mystic, for how can he be a robot and supernaturally evil?

Commander Kurling’s voice drones on, “Zacatecus made us dance I am afraid. He danced alone to the beats of one called Dr. Dre. Then in our turn we failed to overcome his greatness. If only I was more agile... I am sorry.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Notice 4 Success (dealt in on surprise round), Activate Exalted Detect Arcana
Notice d12+2 -4 for Surprise
Notice [dice:g81ccs5d]45126:0[/dice:g81ccs5d]
Wild [dice:g81ccs5d]45126:1[/dice:g81ccs5d]
OOC Comments
Intimidation [dice:g81ccs5d]45126:2[/dice:g81ccs5d]
Wild Die [dice:g81ccs5d]45126:3[/dice:g81ccs5d]

Waiting on GM feedback before spending bennies on this.
The men discouraged by the climb and effort required to get up the hill in the cold and the danger ahead Ndreare gets them in line. "This is no time for quitting. You made it this far and turning back now will cost more lives than following through. Now get your assess up that kill and quit whining." No single speech being able to handle such things Ndreare has Yodh help maintain discipline.

As the dance finished Ndreare listens to the wild giants speech and considers what must be done here. He has no words for the evil giant. When Rodney reports on the Commander Ndreare goes over and to the Commander. Speaking loudly so the rest of the team can here. "Who are you, where is Commander Kurling?"

Quietly over the radio Ndreare asks the team. "I do not trust him to leads us there. What are your opinions once we leave his giants will likely attack and betray us. Their people believe eating strong enemies makes them stronger."

With matters in the Inn settled Ndreare orders his men to prepare for the conflict to come. Things are going to be dangerous and he would like to preserve as many of their lives as possible while eliminating this threat.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Rolls
Notice at -4 = 4 total.
Notice die [dice:1m6bftyv]45162:0[/dice:1m6bftyv], Wild die [dice:1m6bftyv]45162:1[/dice:1m6bftyv]
Extra Effort [dice:1m6bftyv]45162:6[/dice:1m6bftyv].

Persuasion to rally troops = 4 total.
Spirit die [dice:1m6bftyv]45162:2[/dice:1m6bftyv], Wild die [dice:1m6bftyv]45162:3[/dice:1m6bftyv], Reroll Wild die 1s [dice:1m6bftyv]45162:4[/dice:1m6bftyv], And Again [dice:1m6bftyv]45162:5[/dice:1m6bftyv].

Grynn picked himself up off of the floor where he had power-slid into human form. He glanced at Penitent with a haughty 'go-puppet-yourself' sort of look as he turned to walk away. But Zacatecus clapped - which was like a small crowd clapping with 4 arms - and spoke up. Grynn turned his head back to look at the rahu-man. His lip curled at the over-familiar suggestion to Vela - not that he had 'any designs' on the were-woman, but he didn't like this creature and certainly not idea of that suggestion.

This...rahu-man was arrogant and very sure of himself. Grynn didn't like that. His eyes narrowed when he mentioned he would have taken their legs too if they had failed. Grynn would have liked to see him try - well, no, he wouldn't really, but it would have been a fight, not as easy as the rahu-man indicated. He hoped.

He listened with slightly wide eyes as the list of things that were in store for them to see were dropped casually. Some scary-sounding things. And cold. He didn't like the cold. He let out a small sigh. His gaze was turned towards Command Kurling when the cyborg spoke up. He gave a nod to the cyborg but let Ashlynn tend to him. He bothered the innkeeper for enough hot soup for his squad and then went outside, hurrying his step a bit as he saw Doc Reid heading their way. The Doctor gave him the creeps!

He found his squad of troops, still whole from the beginning, but cold and still not up to speed on morale. He smiled at them even as his teeth chattered a bit, passing out the soup in thermoses for them. "I have good news and bad news. We're going to get a move on soon, but apparently the journey will be cold and hazardous. In addition, our guide will be an evil asshole of a rahu-man!" He leaned forward and looked at them all slowly before smiling. "That's the good news!" He grinned as the men chuckled. "The bad news is...you're still stuck with me!" This elicited a round of fake groans and chuckles. He gave them a nod. "Get ready. I believe we'll be heading out within the hour."

He stepped away and replied to Ndreare over the coms quietly, "Of course I don't trust him. I mean, that goes without saying, right? We watch them and kill them when their sudden but inevitable betrayal happens."
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Exalted Detect Magic 6
Mysticism [dice:gpw3meco]45221:0[/dice:gpw3meco]
Wild [dice:gpw3meco]45221:1[/dice:gpw3meco]
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn pulled back slightly as her mystic senses pinged danger. “I am sure you did your best, Commander,” she told him. “Just rest here.”

She said a small prayer over him, allowing her to activate her ability to see magic and the supernatural.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Notice 7, Persuasion 10, Mystery 14
[dice:1zk7d84m]45289:0[/dice:1zk7d84m]
Notice [dice:1zk7d84m]45289:1[/dice:1zk7d84m], [dice:1zk7d84m]45289:2[/dice:1zk7d84m]+[dice:1zk7d84m]45289:5[/dice:1zk7d84m] EE +4 (Elan and BDH)
Persuasion [dice:1zk7d84m]45289:3[/dice:1zk7d84m], [dice:1zk7d84m]45289:4[/dice:1zk7d84m]+[dice:1zk7d84m]45289:6[/dice:1zk7d84m] EE +4 (Elan and BDH)
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Notice 9, Intimidate 16, 1d14 = 12
Notice with Danger Sense [dice:2u8c10wr]45336:0[/dice:2u8c10wr] + Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice:2u8c10wr]45336:5[/dice:2u8c10wr]
Wild [dice:2u8c10wr]45336:1[/dice:2u8c10wr]

Intimidate [dice:2u8c10wr]45336:2[/dice:2u8c10wr] = Ace! [dice:2u8c10wr]45336:6[/dice:2u8c10wr]
Wild [dice:2u8c10wr]45336:3[/dice:2u8c10wr]

1d14? [dice:2u8c10wr]45336:4[/dice:2u8c10wr]
Penitent glowers at the demonic Rahu-men, wishing the mystic laws of this place would allow him to eviscerate the fiend then and there. The four-armed being lies, of that the apok has no doubt.

The Confessor, in a dance-off? Unlikely. And the metal-man is even less himself than when his artificial body was whole.

"Very well. We will play the monster's game for now, and balance the scales at a more opportune time," he says, taking Audrey's hand and leading her back to their room to gather their gear. He snags Karl by the wing on the way.

"Put that phone away and see to your new blade, boy. And gather our warriors. Tell them death awaits us, but they may buy themselves a few extra hours with the proper preparations."

Once his own gear is ready, the apok returns to the gathering and signals that he is ready to leave.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kir Gloryspirit »

Notice 5
Notice: [dice:zp11nq8v]45585:0[/dice:zp11nq8v] (-2 Scene, +2 Awareness)
Wild: [dice:zp11nq8v]45585:1[/dice:zp11nq8v]
With the dance-off's victory being claimed by the Resolute Heroes, Kir finds his feet no longer stuck to the floor. After hearing the warning from Ndreare, the Mystic takes a closer look at the commander in hopes of discovering magical foul play.

Spellcasting 8; -2 PPE
Exalted Detect Arcana
Mysticism: [dice:zp11nq8v]45585:2[/dice:zp11nq8v] (+1 Battlestaff)
Wild: [dice:zp11nq8v]45585:3[/dice:zp11nq8v]

Persuasion 13
Persuasion [dice:zp11nq8v]45585:4[/dice:zp11nq8v] (+2 Charismatic, +1 Holy Aura)
Wild: [dice:zp11nq8v]45585:5[/dice:zp11nq8v] Ace: [dice:zp11nq8v]45585:6[/dice:zp11nq8v]
Outside, Kir helps rally the Rangers for the trip up the mountain.

To the most discouraged, he says, "Take heart, friends. We have overcome great odds to make it this far. Many of our allies have been lost, it is true. More lost faith in these very mountains. Rejoice, for your leader has returned! We have found a guide to the enemy's stronghold, and the time to strike is upon us. Be alert, however, as our guide is not to be trusted. And know, Asnir is with us."

To Zacatecus, Kir says, "We are watching you, Rahu-man. Should placing our faith in you prove to be a mistake, we shall strike you down. We are ready to face the perils of this mountain. Let us depart."
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic of Asnir, God of War
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic
Charisma: 3; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 10(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness: +2 to Notice
    Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
    Cosmic Confluence: 2 PPE to 1 ISP & Vice Versa (use immediately)
    Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
    Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
    Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
PPE: 8/25; PPE: 0/10; PPE: 10/15; ISP: 8/20
Bennies: 0/3; Sun Dogs: 2/4
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Kir Gloryspirit speaking/thinking
Asnir, god of war speaking (directly into the mind)
Asnir speaking through Kir Gloryspirit (both speaking simultaneously)
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Still grinning, sweating from the exertion, Vela swiped an ale and drank it in a series of gulps big enough to spill a little out of the corners of her mouth. She slammed the tankard down and wiped across her chin with the back of her hand.

"Your warning only makes me fight harder. I am ready n..."

Then someone clears their throat behind her, and Vela turns to see Jesse there with a box.

"This came for you? Some time ago, in fact."

Frowning, Vela accepted the box and turned it over in her hands. It was heavy, but only shifted slightly as she did. From Del Rio?

"Just a minute," the werejaguar told Zacateus, and took the box over to a table to pull open. Inside was...armor. Sleek and new looking, fitted with cables of crystal and components clearly techno-magical in origin. Vela broke into laughter.

"I had forgotten about this! Ah has it been so long?"

She gathers it up under her arm and starts upstairs to get changed.

"Five minutes, Zacateus! Then we will go forth to meet the mountain!"

Rolls: Notice 6, 1 ranger lost, 1 benny spent
Notice (with Danger Sense) [dice:28tg1iqu]45600:0[/dice:28tg1iqu] or [dice:28tg1iqu]45600:1[/dice:28tg1iqu]
Benny for EE [dice:28tg1iqu]45600:4[/dice:28tg1iqu]
Persuasion [dice:28tg1iqu]45600:2[/dice:28tg1iqu] or [dice:28tg1iqu]45600:3[/dice:28tg1iqu]
Lose [dice:28tg1iqu]45600:5[/dice:28tg1iqu] rangers
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP