Part 6.4 Journey to Zacatecus: The Witchwell Inn (Confessor Gone MIA)

Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 6.4 Journey to Zacatecus: The Witchwell Inn (Confessor Gone MIA)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Conditions: Cold and Night.
Leyline: 5 miles away
Folks have been healed and fatigued is gone.

Out side the inn and its enchanted protection was what was commonly known as an ice storm. The chill factor sapped the power of eniormental armor quicker than their energy could be pumped in electrical or ppe. Enviromental protection only barely operated in the best case and completely failed after a mile out from the Inn. So great were the snow flurries that the snow tempest created a blinding effect that make’s Krys’ blinding light seem like a child’s instrument. Whatever path up the mountain their might have been has been wipped completely out and it would take a master tracker of skill and bravery unparralled to find the way up to the steeps of Vampire Mountain and to the castle that lay at its top: Zacatecus. That would be the skill needed for just themselves... With 8 companions it would be almost impossible. With 100 rangers at their back... Well you would have to be legendary.
Krys
Your father’s study had the book on Lord Ruthvan the daywalker and lord high atop his castle in Zacatecus. During one of your many training excersises. Your father expounded on the book, the daywalker, and Zacatecus.
He looked grim with determination and his face was dretched with sweat. Today was sword play and your father was at his best. Even Ink found himself on his back a fair amount of time.
” Do you recall coming to my study when you were younger Krys? I had a book in hand... Lord Ruthan?” Thrust parry thrust. ” I told you he was a daywalker. A vampire lord indeed. I have done some reaerch on it. I believe he is perhaps even the demon familiar of the intelligence called Sun’s Shadow. In the bowls of Zacatecus there are water ways that lead all over the vampire kingdom. In passing through I thought I saw something... Something I should have paid more attention too.” Parry thrust block. ”It may have been the intelligence responsible for Lord Ruthvan’s unusual characteristics. Even the lord’s contant companion Zacatecus a 4 armed Rah-Umen is unusual to say the least. Would you beleive the two of them hold a mid summers eve ball every year? Part of me wonders if some how they have been driven mad by this intelegence... Zacatecus is fond to say the least of dance.” He pauses looking out at the sun and waters edge, ”The ball looms near and I will be in attendence. I wish you and Ink were ready...” He looks at Ink once again on his back and shakes his head tossing his sword into the practice bin.
To make matters worse something was out there. During the respite Sulannus a female elf comes to the group having scouted the immidiate area. Her voice carries a bit of apprehension not normally in the sneaky elf’s voice, ” Something is in the cold. Something more sneaky and deadly than I.” From her hand she produces a mask... An apok mask of the Confessor. ”I found this out in the banks yonder... No body, no tracks, its like a ghost lurks out there.”

Sam the dogboy that has been hanging arround Vela comes rushing up out of breath, ” No sign of her... Just went through the camp, most folks are cold and bedding down. The confessor is gone!”

Grizzly Carter the immortal elf comes over, nodding to Sulannus and Sam. He is nearly blue from the cold. ”I... I-I-I can’t find her either. Perhaps someone saw her l-l-last. I-I- do believe she spent a moment or two within the confines of the c-c-cozy inn.”
With the mask in hand and the confessor missing from the camp it would indeed seem that something lurks out in the dark cold night air able to best a hero or two at its mere whim. Perhaps someone knows more or can give anaccounting of what she was doing prior to her disappearing.
The Witchwell Inn Description and pictures
I posted a RP area here and the first post describes the inn. The events in this thread happen after those at the RP area. Witchwell Inn
The confessor, directions, and benny opportunity
She is an Apok same as Penitent. Tell the story of your search for her and who you talk to too. Note: She is truly missing. If you brave the cold snow storm GM may ask you for vigor rolls.

Benny opportunity
+1 benny if you include a short bit about you and the confessor prior to her going missing.
+1 benny if you end your narrative inside the inn in some manner ( The next scene will be in the inn, so I reccomend going inside).
Any additional bennies gained can be used for the next quad.
2267988E-2597-4E49-BEC2-F9333B4CA873.jpeg
2267988E-2597-4E49-BEC2-F9333B4CA873.jpeg (47.11 KiB) Viewed 7948 times
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Part 6.4 Journey to Zacatecus: The Witchwell Inn (Confessor Gone MIA)

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Zacatecas, Mexico/Witchwell Inn
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn frowned as she heard of the disappearance of the Confessor. “I will ask around in the camp,” she said. She was not suited to traipsing in the deep snow and cold. She did not have the skills, nor was she used to such weather. While New Alamo did get snow, it was not like this.

As Ashlyn asked around, she considered the last time she had seen the young woman. They had walked together for a bit during the last leg of the trip up the mountain to the inn. Ashlyn had tried to engage the attractive young woman in conversation, but she seemed so...intense. Ashlyn didn’t even know her name. She just called herself the Confessor. Ashlyn wasn’t sure what that all meant. The woman had a frightening mask like Penitent.

Ashlyn talked to Nestor to see if he had seen her. “I can run some scans, but they will be pretty limited in these conditions,” the power armor jock said. “If she wandered out into that storm, we might only find her frozen solid. She should have stayed in the inn.”

Ashlyn nodded. “I will go ask around inside then. Perhaps she went to get a drink. But why would she leave her mask,” she mused.
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Wandering the strange halls of the Witchwell Inn, Penitent tried to stare at the inhabitants or the weird architecture. Half looked like demons, and the very air was thick with magic, but without the bone-tingling aura of evil that that would have him reaching for his mask.

It was warm, at least, and if rumor proved true, there were heated baths below. Audrey had gone seeking them, while sending Penitent to procure some mulled wine.

Others had similar thoughts, apparently. Rounding a corner, he came upon the Confessor carrying a bottle of rum or other dark liquor, looking preoccupied.

"Strange place, isn't it. Like the bazaar of Worldgate, without the vendors selling parasites and the smell of brimstone from the life-vats," he says.

The Confessor smiles, distracted, then glances up at Penitent.

"My father told me, once, that our past can be like a lamp's reservoir, steadily fueling the fire of repentance, drop by drop. But crack glass, lose control, it can all pour out, lost, or else catch the flame and burn out in an instant. I ... I don't know why, but it has been in my thoughts," she says, glancing over Penitent's shoulder. "I ... thank you again for your help back there. Please excuse me."

Preoccupied with his own thoughts, Penitent lets her go. But when he hears later that she is missing, he knows something is amiss.

"Let me see her mask," he says, donning his own before stepping out into the howling wind. The cold tugs at his body with icy claws, but he forces himself to concentrate, reaching out with the demon mask's senses like his own.

There is nothing. The link between the Confessor and her father's mask, which should have been inseparable, was no more. Severing such a bond was ... not impossible, but unlikely, except in death, or a betrayal of her righteous vows. Despite her earlier unease, Penitent did not think the latter likely.

Tracking down Karl in his rooms, Penitent hands the imp the mask.

"Safeguard this, but see what you can find about the Confessor's disappearance. I fear she is dead, but her killer may still walk these halls. If so, we must avenge her, so her withered soul at last may find peace."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn shivered in the freezing cold. He was dragon with fire in his belly, and it felt like he was slowly turning to ice. Even in a human form, wearing the environmentally-sealed armor, it was still very cold! He didn't like it. Not one bit. He kept stomping his feet every few moments to try and stay a bit warmer.

He looked at the mask brought forward and then looked at Penitent. "It...kind of looks like the mask you wear."
Confessor
As he looked at it, he remembered when he'd seen it recently. During the large battle, Grynn had seen the Confessor in battle alongside Penitent - the two had been a crazy sight to see together! But afterwards, as people were getting ready to go through the gate, Grynn had bumped in to the Confessor, literally. He was in his dragon form, wounded and tired, and hadn't seen her coming up behind him and his tail had 'nudged' her. She picked herself up and coldly kept on walking, ignoring the dragon and his attempts to apologize, as if he didn't exist. Grynn's tail had drooped, almost dragging on the ground behind him.

He headed back to his squad of Rangers and the Lyn-Srial. "Hey, guys. There's something out there, and someone's missing out there. So what I'd like you to do is search the perimeter, but stay together! It's cold and hard to see out here." He grinned. "And moving around will help keep you warmer, right?" He stopped and pointed a finger at them, face suddenly stern and concerned. "BE. CAREFUL."

He stayed in his human form, as that at least had the armor to try and keep him from freezing to death. But he moved in to the night and looked for any tracks but couldn't find any. So instead he decided to go where she had last been seen - he headed to the inn (which had kind of an ominous name to it; he hoped it wasn't a creepy place full of bad guys). But that seemed like the most logical choice to search. Maybe someone there had seen her.
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

The Confessor.

Vela did not know her well, but had some idea of what she was capable of. Like Penitent, she had the potential for great power...though like Penitent, she was subtly strange. The masks they wore smelled wrong somehow; like nothing else she'd found.

She'd once asked the Confessor about her mask, after determining that she'd rather leave Penitent alone about it. Any hopes she'd had about a woman being more affable were quickly crushed though. The Confessor had met her eyes with a distant gaze and shaken her head. It was many things, she'd said. A weapon, a protection...but more than anything, a reminder. Vela had asked what it reminded her of, but this the Confessor did not answer.

And now she was missing.

Vela became a great cat, a jaguar and padded around the campsite snuffling delicately at the snow. Despite her fur, the cold bit deeply...the People lived in jungles, where it was warm. She'd heard the distress in Sam and Sulannus' voices though, and knew that neither was easily unsettled. This was a danger.

The scent of the mask taunted her, an ephemeral thing, even for an odor. The sundog galloped playfully at her side, sensing a game without quite understanding it. She followed faint footsteps into a glade, and past trees and down the embankment before smelling something real at last. Horses? Food!

Down the slope a little from her was the Inn. Had she come back this way? Had someone seen her? It couldn't be ruled out...and it was FAR preferable to search in there than out here! With her team fanning out behind her, Vela reverted to human form and trotted down to the welcoming warmth of the Witchwell Inn.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Not sure what the inn is about, a full description with photos is here viewtopic.php?f=176&t=3000
Feel free to continue posting in the inn for some fun cross team RP. But the story will continue here.

The search for the confessor continues...

A valiant try by a valiant few. No sign of the confessor but the road frozen in the blistering cold lead to a gang of snow dragons just down the path near the leyline. While inside the inn the plot thickens as most will tell you they saw Commander Kurling and the confessor sit for a while discussimg a verity of things. Most also give you a wildly different accounting of what happened,
Snow Dragons
647C30A1-9051-46DB-A63C-A59BD08AE4E6.jpeg
647C30A1-9051-46DB-A63C-A59BD08AE4E6.jpeg (32.02 KiB) Viewed 7882 times
A group of 4 adult dragons and 4 other younger less gargantuan are huddled arround. A spit and roaring fire. Seemingly using their control of the chill to allow a warm large hearth to form and cook their meal.The largest one growls at their paltry meal. One of the younger ones looks up at him, ”Grrr... Why do wee have to wait to eat this morsal?”

The large one snorts and answers, ” You no nothing Frozen Face, the leyline there will enfuse our meal with joy and let us forget our hunnger for a while. You need to always remember our curse... The curse of the mountain.”

The young one nods ashamed and understanding, ” Grrr.... The curse forces us to feed. I will not forget, we are then very lucky the ghost brought us this morsal to sustain us.”

The old one nods again, ” The ghost... Friend... You saw all those men come through the leyline. We will wait for them to come outside the inn’s enchanted protection and then feed like our lives depend on it... For they do!”

Indeed the energy from the leyline seems to be siphoned off into the roasting body of a woman by the looks of it. With each passing second she seems more and more larger, and the dragons’ more and more ready to feast.

Player Direction: Really what do you do next... Stealth rolls are required to get within 6”, and opposed rolls will be required any closer. Players get +2 bonus for cover. If you want to attack prior to getting within 6” make a stealth roll at +2 to get the drop.

The closest one could get and bewithin their area of influence to calm the raging blizzard outside is about 24” in an icey rock outcropping.

Vigor -2 must be rolled vs the sapping cold if this scene is chosen. Fear check for seeing the snow dragons must be done too.

If one of your allied extras is at this scene just assume they have a d6 in the relevant trait, no bennies, and no wild die unless an ability give it to them.
The Inn
The warmth of the inn is nice and comforting compared to the outside. Folks freely give their tale of seeing the woman known as the confessor and her interaction with Command Kurling. Some say it ended in a squable, others say they retired upstairs, some even say they entered the Sauna together. Rumors abound that perhaps the two ventured into the basement and went through a door unmarked and ill labled to another dimension completey. What is the truth? Only the most skilled at prying open peoples lips will find out. A keen eye will notice that a rather large 4-armed titan entered during this time, and after talking quietly to the propietor named Jesse takes a seat near the dance floor. His name is Zacatecus and he sits alone keeping a careful eye on any hero.

Player Directions: Streetwise check and make up a story of someone telling your investigator of how Commander Kurling and the Confessor departed the inn. Every story has a kernal of truth but for the player who scores the highest roll their story truely is more or less what happened.

+1 benny for posting here.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Seeing the attractive elf reveal the mask Ndreare is surprised to see that he recognizes it. "That mask, I have seen it before, but did not know the name."

"The woman who wore it was a warrior that helped me just before I met up with this team at the restaurant. She came up on me while I was looking for a way to rescue the women that were captured. We had a discussion and she offered to help. But I did not think she survived."

"She fought like a demon, her skills on par with my brothers and her dedication was like Pen's. Without hesitation when we realized one of us needed to be the distraction to lead most of the vampires away she volunteered and then stunned me as she fled to do what was needed."

"But, I saw they caught up to her. I cannot imagine how she escaped. When I looked on her with my sight, she was not incredibly powerful with arcane talent, but her aura was powerful like a demigod, well aged and matured, like a house matron in my home lands."

"It is good to know she lives somewhere. If she where to die, the bond between her and the mask would cause it to die as well."

Thinking on these things Ndreare wondered if they would cross paths with the owner again. She would be an admirable ally to have in the team. "There is a light ahead, let us go."

As the team heads into the inn Ndreare is surprised, the location is strange and the arcane aura of the inn is obviously arcane in nature. "I was at a Bar at the edge of the universe like this once. Strange, yet welcoming."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kir Gloryspirit »

Kir is saddened to hear that the Confessor is gone. He is deep in drink with the short men calling themselves dwarves when her mask is found. He doesn't know her well, but she visited him briefly once he entered the inn.

The confessor tapped him on the shoulder. When Kir turned to see who was seeking his attention, she said, "It is a good thing you have tried to do. I am sorry the others did not agree. The departed should remain so, but I will speak with the others and see if any can be swayed. Your god is powerful and righteous; Pen has spoken to me of Asnir and the anger worm matriarch. I hope the Reid's soul did not cost you too dearly."

Kir, surprised by this stranger's pensive words, can only nod as she turns to leave. He takes a deep breath and turns back to his new dwarven friends and tells a bawdy story about his first encounter with a woman many years ago.

When Sulannus returns with news that the confessor is missing and the only clue is her mask, Kir jumps into action. It seems like he is stumbling about randomly and joining in the merriment to be had around the Witchwell, but he is actually listening carefully to every word spoken and skillfully guiding conversations towards the Confessor and what could have happened to her.
Streetwise 11
Streetwise: [dice:2lg5vy53]43718:0[/dice:2lg5vy53]
Wild: [dice:2lg5vy53]43718:1[/dice:2lg5vy53]
Wild: [dice:2lg5vy53]43718:2[/dice:2lg5vy53] Ace: [dice:2lg5vy53]43718:3[/dice:2lg5vy53]

Kir gave his Sun Dog friends instructions to search outside the inn for the scent of the Confessor while he chats up the patrons for information. They tracked it towards the path up the mountain. Then they pick it up, but fainter, coming back to the Witchwell. They enter the inn the next time the door is opened, and the pack alpha goes to Kir and nudges his leg.

Kir looks down at the sun dog, rubs it behind the ear and asks, "What have you discovered, friend?"

The alpha turns and joins his pack, who are standing in a small semi circle around Zacatecus and growling at him. Kir stands up and walks over to greet Zacatecus.

Kir says, "Strange to meet you here, Zacatecus. Our name is Kir Gloryspirit, and your reputation precedes you. Everyone was talking about you when you walked in. And a few astute individuals have even mentioned how you showed up briefly after the Confessor went missing. And our friends, these sun dogs, seem to have found her scent on you. Such strange coincidences piled atop one another. What do you think, Zacatecus?"
Last edited by Kir Gloryspirit on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic of Asnir, God of War
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic
Charisma: 3; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 10(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness: +2 to Notice
    Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
    Cosmic Confluence: 2 PPE to 1 ISP & Vice Versa (use immediately)
    Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
    Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
    Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
PPE: 8/25; PPE: 0/10; PPE: 10/15; ISP: 8/20
Bennies: 0/3; Sun Dogs: 2/4
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Kir Gloryspirit speaking/thinking
Asnir, god of war speaking (directly into the mind)
Asnir speaking through Kir Gloryspirit (both speaking simultaneously)
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Zacatecas, Mexico/Witchwell Inn
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn shivered as she stepped out into the cold once more from the warmth of the inn. One of her rangers had found something. They trudged down the frozen path toward the ley line and soon her ranger stopped.

“Down there,” he said, seemingly not at all interested in getting any closer.

Ashlyn gave him a curious look and then crept forward, sticking to an icy outcropping to keep out of sight. Her eyes widened, dark lashes white with snow, as she saw eight snow dragons. Ashlyn swallowed her fear. They seemed to be hovering around a fire on which something -- no, someone -- cooked. Was that the Confessor? Magical energy seemed to flow into the body, enlarging it as it cooked, and it sounded like the dragons were going to eat it. And that they were plotting on hitting her party on their way out of the protections of the inn. That just wouldn’t do.

Ashlyn settled down out of sight, keeping quiet so they wouldn’t know she was there. The dragons had mentioned something about a curse. Time to find some answers. She reached out for the mind of the youngest dragon.

Ashlyn cringed as a fiery migraine lanced through her mind, leaving her trying to catch her breath.
Vigor vs cold 6
-2 difficulty
Vigor [dice:2kfzyszs]43821:0[/dice:2kfzyszs]
Wild [dice:2kfzyszs]43821:1[/dice:2kfzyszs]
Fear 6+2 from Brave is 8
Spirit [dice:2kfzyszs]43821:2[/dice:2kfzyszs]
Wild [dice:2kfzyszs]43821:3[/dice:2kfzyszs]
Stealth 9
Stealth [dice:2kfzyszs]43821:4[/dice:2kfzyszs]
Wild [dice:2kfzyszs]43821:5[/dice:2kfzyszs]
Ace [dice:2kfzyszs]43821:6[/dice:2kfzyszs]
Mind Reading 14 opposed Smarts; on a raise, they are unaware
+4 The Drop
Who is that woman?
Psionics [dice:2kfzyszs]43821:7[/dice:2kfzyszs] - I will take the brain burn to keep the ace. Since we're not in rounds, do I really need to roll/spend a benny to unshake?
Wild [dice:2kfzyszs]43821:8[/dice:2kfzyszs]
Ace [dice:2kfzyszs]43821:9[/dice:2kfzyszs]
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Attention Players.... The Story has moved here temporarily. Once we are done with the shared RP we will continue this thread. Sorry for creating two adventure threads to post in, but I think concentrating on one will solve any continuity problems. viewtopic.php?f=176&t=3000#p41905
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

"All this and she is dead?" Vela asks, coming over to where the cyborg is being held.

She gives Kurling's chest a light shove, with the strength of her human form, it's barely enough for him to feel at all.

"Tell us what happened."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP