GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 6.2: Journey to Zacatecas ( The River) Open RP

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Edition
Morning Mission Parameters
The early morning comes, and the darkness of the night hangs tight fighting hard against the coming sun. For now the sky remains dark. The Ranger’s found enough supplies to make tents for the evening. An old well house with cots serves as the bedding for the Resolute heroes. An unpleasant restless night, but at least you were not on the ground where the descendants of Anger Worm, snakes, ants, and scorpions feast.

A single desk surrounded by chairs sits in the middle of the small well house. A fresh pot of coffee wafts over you. Doc Reid himself sits in one of the chairs sipping a well brewed cup. ” Well that was some night, and it appears be ever present. Sometimes that happens... Some week. If you are going to Zacatecus the fortress that sits high atop Vampire Moutain you should know what you are getting in too.” He sips quietly his cyber eyes whirling arround scanning the heroes.
” This is more than a simple rescue that Sir Lazerous suggested. One does not just walk to Zacatecus. First their is the river a challenge wholly unto iself. Then their is the mountain and the snow dragons that dwell on it, and lastly there is the fortress itself: a multifaceted challange to enter, overcome, and assult. Perhaps a straight forward goal, but only the extremly skilled or lucky will be so fortunate to accomplish it. Best case this will either put you in direct confrontation with the lord of the castle, Ruthven or his cheif blood Slave Zacatecus himself. Worst case you and any who travel with you will be sent beaten, battered, and unconscious through their waterways to the vampire lords in Ixcotc. I have little doubt that is their plan for the 3000 Rangers they captured.” He waits a few seconds for those still sleepy eyed to come to the table and take a look at a map he has laid out.

His finger traces the river that runs south from your present location to the foothills of Zacatacus. He smiles and dons his sunglasses for effect, ” You will need about 100 rangers to help you with your assult. Getting that many down the river will be tricky. The river in itself is a beast untamed. Creatures and demons lurk in its waters and banks. More and more vampires roam inbetween here and there. Like the locust of old, if winged, they would blot out the sun as surely as it is now. The civilizations of man are few and far between. The journey itself is long, hot, the water of the river is all but undrinkable, and food is scarce. Some even say the river does not want to be traveled. It is surely a journey of death. It is impossible.”

The door swings open and the chrome figure of Commander Kurling saunters in with a railgun strapped to his back. The CS emblem normally on his chest has been scratched off. He nods to Doc and the heroes. He looks at the map and drones in a monotone voice, ”Its not impossible doc, just improbable. I spoke to some of the rangers, Grizzly and Al both say those that fought along your side last night are ready to give this a shot. My men and I are with you heroes to the bitter end as well. No way we can go back, and we know you are the real deal. Besides it turns out we might have a bit of luck on our side. We found a few areas underground beneath the exterior of the strong hold that survived. Might serve a good start for a new base of operations.” The commander stops, and looks at the cofee longingly and then shakes his head focusing on the matter at hand, ” What we need here Doc is more information, we need to scout this river a bit and find out what we really need to overcome. We’ve heard of the horror stories about rivers that lurk down in these lands even in the CS, my mom used to tell them to me if I misbehaved as a child. George I’ll ship you to mexico if you pull your sisters hair one more time. They got these rivers full of flesh eating parahina that will clean the skin right off you to the bone.. Command Kurlin chuckles and continues dropping the false voice, ”That was the day I knew I would find myself out here. It set in my something fierce that these lands needed help. Lets spend a day or two scouting the area and finding out what we are up against.” The Commander pauses a beat and claps Doc on the back, ”Besides it might not be thaaat bad...”
Education or Experience and wisdom HJ roll
Wow, just like Commander Kurling you used to hear horrorific stories of these vampire infested lands which set you on your jouney to fight them. Toss in a flashback of such a story and gain 1 roll on the education or Experience HJ table because that story was an eye opener.
Doc just shakes his head, ”No, it is far worse than you imagine. A simple scouting mission? I think not, even that has its perils. If you do this, you must keep your teams small. We cannot afford to let anyone know we have survived or the vampires will surely come back to finish the job.” He sighs, ” Well, just come back in one peice and tell us what you find.”
Flashforward to Scout, and tell us the story here.

Hi Folks. We are entering the planning and operation phase of this mission. Step 1 is for you to figure what is out there so you can over come it in the next phase. I would like you all to imagine you are at a table planning your mission, and we use flash forwards to give us glimses into the action as it becomes relevant. These flash forwards are what is shared as we discuss the mission and plan. Right now we are going to flashforward to a scouting style mission so we can know what dangers the jouney to the mountain holds for us.
    • As a teaser the next scene will be a flashforward to the actual journey and overcoming these obsticals via some kind of covert type skill ( covert was determined by a random roll).

Player Directions:

RP and plan here, Scout it out. Players and a couple rangers can scout the way to Zacatecas and describe the abject horrors that you will soon encounter directly.
    Step 1: Take a small band of rangers with you and scout out the way to the mountain foothills. Make a relevant skill roll at -2 ( Survival, Notice). The roll can be modified by the options here and by the resources down below.
    • Resources Spent: As a default your character spends 4 Power Points and 1 ranger ( normally it is 1d6 but because of the small mission nature it is 1). Before rolling declare if you would like to have your character risk more or expend more resources for a better chance of success. Note: you must have the resources to spend them.
      • -2: Conserve your energy - Believing it may be an easy task or perhaps being ultra conservative you accept -2 to your roll in exchange for spending 1/2 (rounded down).
      • +0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things you fight like a professional. You roll without an additional modifier for the default resource cost.
      • +2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to in order to ensure victory, even when it requires risking yourself. You may double the resources spent, or accept 1 Fatigue or 1 Wound to gain a bonus of +2 to this roll.
      • +4: No Matter The Cost - When Battle comes you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You may triple the resources spent, or accept 2 Fatigue or 2 Wounds to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.
    Step 2: The Results:
    • Critical Failure: Wow this is the chance to lay it on thick, the thing you saw out there not only makes you roll a fear check at -4 ( upon a heart attack you just lower your vigor by a die type until greater healing is used on you). You also get to roll on the special Karl and Rangers table (1d14 roll please). Also -1 to the actual mission roll (next scene).
    • Failure: What is out there is only a hair’s bredth away from impossible. -1 to the actual mission roll ( next scene).
    • Success: Yup the stories are true, the vampire kingdoms suck ass. Why are things so tough??
    • Raise: Ok so yeah its bad, but like the commander said, is it thaaat bad? +1 to the actual mission roll (next Scene).
    • Double Raise: Its not good, and not quite that bad. You are a god damn hero so its possible, maybe even probably you can make it! +2 to actual mission roll (next scene).
    • Whomever rolls highest is the mission leader for the actual mission phase (next scene)!
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Grynn
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Re: Part 6.2: Journey to Zacatecas ( The River)

Post by Grynn »

Notice roll found here. (12 Notice)
    Lack of Experience and Budding Wisdom!
    [dice]0[/dice].
    Grynn slept in cat form curled up on top of Ashlynn or Krys (depending on who kicked him off or rolled over in their sleep a lot). He woke up slowly, blinking blearily and yawning his small kitten mouth widely as Doc Reid began to dump a lot of knowledge on them before they'd even had breakfast or caffeine. The dragon began to clean himself a bit as the 'doctor' spoke on. He perked up at the mention of snow dragons. A different type of dragon? He'd never met a snow dragon before. His ears shot up to listen better but Doc Reid went on to other 'challenges'.

The little anecdote from the former Coalition Commander made Grynn's mouth quirk in to a smile a little.
    Momma told me not to come!
    He remembered vaguely one of his mother's stern warnings. They were talking about the world at large, and areas to stay away from that could be hazardous to dragonkind. "Son, vampires are dangerous, even to us. They tend to gather in large numbers in a place called Mexico." She went to correct herself and explain that it wasn't really even Mexico anymore, and it was really a large number of city-state style kingdoms ruled by vampires and minions - this continued for several minutes. But eventually she came back to the topic of danger. "Regardless, they gather in large numbers and even such as we can be brought down by them, their bite and claws are very dangerous. Like a pack of wolves bringing down a lion. Well, you know what I mean." She waved a hand. "If you must travel there, travel only during the day and find a safe, well-defended place to sleep during the night. And sleep in shifts, one person always awake to watch! Oh, speaking of, never travel alone there! It is too dangerous to be by yourself in those lands." She worked herself in to a bit of a tizzy as she kept trying to pump more warnings in to her son, until finally she calmed a bit and leaned forward. "Your father and I have asked a friend of ours to give you something that will help protect you should you ever find yourself among areas that are home to vampires. I know, I know - I said you were too young for tattoos or piercings when you asked last month, but this is different! This is magic! It will grow with you."

Grynn was keen-eyed like dragons were famed for - well some of the time he was anyway. He was keeping a sharp look out for any danger and for any hidden ways that might aid them in travel to and assault on Zacatecas. He was paired up with a grizzled veteran of a Ranger, a no-nonsense but patient human with an accent named Gregori Sturmhand. Grynn liked Gregori, though he wasn't sure the opposite was true. He seemed to try the patience of the human Ranger with his questions and sometimes getting distracted. But as they got closer to their destination he became more focused and watchful. Unbeknownst to the rest of the team, that was mostly because he was keeping an eye out for SNOW DRAGONS!! He really wanted to see one and talk to one, but the increased attention to detail helped him spot other things that would aid the mission, so it was a good thing.

"Hey, Gregori?" Grynn could HEAR the eyes rolling in the human's head when Gregori heard the dragon's voice even without seeing it. Grynn stifled a chuckle. "So we're going to travel on the river, right?" No response other than a sharp nod. "And getting our boat caught on something, or something in the water eating us, those would be bad, right?" Gregori slowly turned to look at Grynn, his eyes and the set of his face angrily yet silently demanding to know what the point of these questions were. "Okay, so like that large heavy chain that's been kind of strung in the water to catch boats would be bad. And I think I see what could be a vampire lair in a cave not too far from the river's edge over there." Apparently it was an ambush trap set up by some cunning vampires (or perhaps former river pirates that were now vampires), to stop or crash boats and force the people on to the shores for consumption.

He pointed out a few things as they were traveling that could be problematic for them, Gregori giving the dragon hatchling a side look of grudging respect - just a tiny bit, though, mind you. It was a long road to go yet.
    Grynn
    Character Summary
    Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
    Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
    Active effects:
    Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
    Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
    Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
    Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
    PPE: 20/30
    Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
    Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
    Sir Ndreare
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Notice 5, Exalted Detect Arcana 11 on Golden Dagger
    Racial +2 with Sight, Body armor has optics package offset illumination penalties by 2 and provide +2 to resist blinding attacks).
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]
    Notice Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Exalted Detect Arcana focused on dagger
    Spirit [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Ndreare watches the interchange and uses his sight to see what the golden dagger is...

Listening to the Commanders story Ndreare thought he could share some of his own. “I used to be a leader of many men. Something equivalent to what you would call a Lieutenant General for an Empire in another dimension. I served for hundreds of years, nearly 300 in total, fighting on behalf of the empire. Each time I was offered retirement I stayed because I knew I was one of the best.”

Taking another sip of his coffee and deciding it needed some milk, Ndreare was disappointed to see there is none. “I served the Marshal directly and fought many battles in his name. Until the battle of Second Torrence. The vampires cost me the lives of my last son but that was not enough for them. They also chose to go a step further, other vampires heard of the battle, I imagine through the intelligence and were sent to assassinate my family. When I returned home my wife and youngest daughter were dead.

“So this time when it was my turn to confirm my commision I chose to resign. The Marshal let me take what gear I could and told me if I lived I would be welcomed to return. I killed four of the vampires, but one of them went through a gate when I followed him through I came out on this backwater place of unrest.

“Everything here is so much more dangerous, in space we train for months as we fly from battle to battle. Land and a Campaign is more controlled, deliberate and organized. But here there are so many factions and so many who want access to this planet it is chas all the time. This would be a good place for hardening men into more refined weapons.

“When I finally killed the vampire, I still had enough hate in me to find and kill more. I think I will stay here until we have killed as many as possible. Vampires are like a plague, a disease in the megaverse that must be wiped out. And I plan on doing my part.”

HJ Roll
    [dice]4[/dice]

Wisdom: Some experiences take a person back to the beginning, reconnecting her to her foundations. Select one Background Edge, regardless of requirements, so long as it makes sense and the GM agrees with it.

As the men start getting down to looking at the maps and options available Ndreare listens to their words. Consulting with EDIN and Rodney Ndreare could see several options available. Better ways to deploy scouts and gather intelligence, more conservative uses of men for the various waves of attack, confirming the information and what they need to know about the snow dragons and other monsters of the region where all important. “If you bring me as much information as we can get I should be able to start outlining a plan. Who else here has significant battlefield coordination experience they can lend to the task?” Advising step by step in how some of the information could be gathered and seeing what others where willing to do to get it opened his eyes to more possibility.

Helping develop a plan usually goes in stages and the first stage of gathering information is critical. Assigning Rodney for some high altitude surveillance, as well getting what is possible from the amazing men he has under his service Ndreare was not slow to begin his part. A critical step he was certain to see to himself was ensuring that a thorough arcane sweep was performed, looking for any anomalies and identifying their source with true sight when needed. A task like this was too important to take risks on. Taking Yohd and his men on the scouting mission was an obvious necessity.
    Notice 6 +2 w/sight for 8, Detect Arcana, -2 Bennies
    Notice -2 for Scene
    Racial +2 with Sight, Body armor has optics package offset illumination penalties by 2 and provide +2 to resist blinding attacks).
    Notice [dice]5[/dice]
    Notice Wild Die [dice]6[/dice]
    • BENNY TO REROLL ELAN +2
      Notice [dice]7[/dice]
      Notice Wild Die [dice]8[/dice]
      • SECOND BENNY TO REROLL ELAN +2
        Notice [dice]9[/dice]
        Notice Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]
    Detect Arcana at Will (No Roll Required)

Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
    Ndreare
    Current Status
    Parry: 9
    Toughness: 22 (8)
    Wounds: 0/3
    Fatigue: 0/2
    PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
    • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
    • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
    • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
    • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
    • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
    • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
    • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
    • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
      +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
      +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
      -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
      +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
      -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
      -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
    Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
    Penitent

Post by Penitent »

HJ roll
    for Interlude: [dice]0[/dice] = Danger Sense
    "By the Light, that is the largest latrine I've ever seen. What makes such waste it can fill a ravine?"

The young man assigned to show Penitent around the legion's Castle Refuge looks confused, as if unsure what the apok is describing. Eventually, he follows Penitent's pointing finger to the ribbon of glistening water that flashes through the trees a quarter mile from the castle's walls.

"The river? That's just water. The sewers here are all underground, using ceramic pipe or some PVC tubing. We've got wells, too, but the river's clean enough that a backpack filtration system will more than do the trick."

Seeing the apok is unconvinced, and used to newcomers with strange ideas, the young page leads Penitent on a short walk to the river bank, where the cool waters flow by at a steady pace. In awe, Penitent stays on the high bank as he stares across the expanse.

"On Wormwood, water bubbles up from the ground in hot springs. The largest can serve as baths, but none are so large as to spill out of their banks. The land knows what the people need, forming new springs near growing settlements, but never in such excess," the apok says.

His young guide smiles. "Oh, you can take a bath in this, alright. I take it you don't know how to swim? Well, kick off your boots and wade in a bit, see what you think."

Still suspicious, Penitent does as he suggests, his toes curling in the soft mud near the bank as the water laps at his knees. Suddenly, he feels something move against his leg. Fast as a snake, he draws his dagger and stabs into the water, at the same time leaping back onto solid ground.

"By all that is holy, man, you didn't tell me demons lurk in the depths!" he shouts, as a long, scaled creature writhes on the end of his soulknife. Its mouth lined with tiny fangs, its body slime-covered and marked by spiny protuberances, it gapes at the air.

"Woah! It's just a fish!"

Fish? It has the appearance of a cloud-mite, only lacking the anterior wings, Penitent thinks.

"Fish? Are these common? Why do you not clean them out of the water?"

"Yeah, they're common. There's probably a thousand in the water just right here. We catch them and eat them sometimes, up at the castle."

Eat them? Have they not seen the effects of eating demon-flesh? Only the foolish would risk that, even when starving. Disgusted, Penitent shakes the wingless horror from his knife and retreats from the water, pulling his boots on over wet feet and turning his back on the river.

"Many are the treasures that glitter, concealing a bounty of death," he says, leaving the perplexed tour guide to follow behind, shaking his head.

Survival 6
    Base Survival is 1d6+2, -2 Scene modifier, -2 for Conserving Energy
    Survival [dice]1[/dice]
    Wild [dice]2[/dice]

Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]3[/dice]
    "This truly is a cursed land," Penitent says, spitting as he shakes a fanged river-mite from the end of Durendal's blade.

The muddy channel in front of him was a fraction of the size of some Penitent had seen since coming to Earth -- with a running start, he'd have even odds of leaping it, he thinks. But the demons infesting the cloudy flow appear to have been shaped by the vampiric energies in the mountains from which it flows. Some have grown fangs as long as fingers, others swollen to the size of trees, roiling the waters as they pass. A have grown slime-covered, bat-like wings to carry them beyond the river itself and into the desert beyond.

The land was little better. Packs of wild vampires roamed everywhere. In small numbers they were easily defeated, but the slightest hint of blood on the wind was liable to draw more, like ants to dropped crumbs. Penitent had brought only one of the rangers with him, a grim, petite girl named Esme, whose silence rivals that of a panther. Even so, padding silently through the moon-lit desert, he worries that their sweat may give them away at any moment.

"Hold," he whispers, as his demon mask shivers in the presence of the supernatural foulness. Motionless, Esme waits as he tries to pinpoint the feeling of wrongness ... and settles his gaze on a skull-covered totem trailing scraps of flesh and hair in the wind. Motes of light glimmer in the eye sockets of the skulls, watching, waiting for prey.

"Sorcerous sentries," Penitent growls, before leading Esme around a different -- and almost stumbling into a trap of a non-magical nature.

"Bloodbriar," Esme whispers, the first word she's spoken since they set out. With her fire-hardened wooden spear, she pokes at the inch-long thorns sticking out of the sand just ahead. As soon as she touches them, the bed of thorns shoots up another six inches with enough force to impale anything foolish enough to be passing through. Needle-like mouths at the end of each thorn pulse greedily, ready to drain captured prey of blood before the roaming vampires can arrive to steal its meal.

"So all we need are 10 score pair of steel-shod boots, a like number of shadow cloaks, and some means to walk on water," Penitent says. "Even then, I wouldn't put it past this foul wasteland to follow us up the mountain, nipping at our heels as the mountain's masters bite at our throats."
    Last edited by Penitent on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Penitent
    Quick Stats
    Wormwood Apok
    Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
    Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
    Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
    Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
    Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
    Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
    PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
    Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
    Adventure Cards:
    Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
    Raynard Lucas
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

Post by Raynard Lucas »

HJ Roll [dice]0[/dice]
    Flashback (Assassin Professional Edge)

Raynard has a confidence to him that's contagious. His golden brown eyes stare off into the distance, and he smirks. "Heh. It's a funny thing, you know? I came down here looking for revenge. My Uncle Donny, nicest guy in the world, he got into a business arrangement with a man named Lazarus. Lazarus had quite a bit of money and my uncle was a hard worker, hardest worker I ever saw. So anyhow my uncle came across a cache of pre-rifts stuff, like a LOT of pre-rifts stuff. I'm talking books, these weird old discs, some furniture, pretty much anything you can think of. This Lazarus guy told my uncle he would pay him the going rate for everything he could dig up, but would have to wait until the full moon so that Lazarus could gather up the credits, and also so that Uncle Donny could get enough stuff to be worth the effort to gather up said credits. Raynard frowns, a sadness crossing over his face. "Uncle Donny, well he was the trusting type, much to his demise. He showed up at the agreed upon meeting place during the full moon, trailer loaded full of goods. Lazarus showed up too, only instead of money, he had a couple of thugs in tow. Well as you probably already guessed, they murdered my uncle, and took his stuff. I mean, they took everything he worked for during an entire month, and his life, for a measly 25,000 or so credits. Chump change. Well, Lazarus and his boys fled our town, and after gathering together a few credits myself, I decided to pursue them. A wicked smile creeps over his face. "I don't normally volunteer this information, but we're amongst friends here. But I'm what they call a Psi-Ghost, someone who is able to shift their body into an intangible form and walk through walls. My uncle, step uncle if we're being techincally, but just as good as blood to me, wasn't. So Lazarus and his friends were completely unaware of my...gifts. I first found them in a city called HewsTown. I know it isn't very godly of me, but I decided to extract every drop of revenge I could. I learned how to be quiet, to bide my time. I first found one of his thugs and, well, I took my time with him. Pliers, lemon juice, a scalpel... in the end he was begging for me to end it. I'm not proud to say this, but I didn't give him what he was begging for. Raynards eyes continue their far away stare, he is clearly communicating with ghost from the past at this point. "The second one, well I had grown a bit weary of taking my time. I snuck up on him in the restroom of a tavern, and it was quick. A vibroblade to the base of the skull and it was all over. However... my blade was not finished. I cut the rest of his head off, stuffed it into a satchel I had with me, and sat the rest of him on a toilet, flipping the tab to "occupado" as I ghosted through the stall. Finally, I found Lazarus himself. Lazarus did not go out easy, and his friends head had a big part of that. As far as the details go... well, I'd rather not discuss it at the time. Let's just say my uncle was avenged properly, and I have no regrets. While I was here I realized that the people were being plagued by these vampires. Who did I look to? Why, the best in the business of course, one Doc Reid. Doc has forgotten more about vampires than a thousand other hunters would learn in a lifetime. I realized that hunting them down and ending them would be a good way to honor my courageous uncles memory." He turns his attention to the rest of the heroes. "If Doc Reid says we can put an end to the vampires, his word is as good as gold. I'm honored that he thinks I'm capable of being part of the group to take them down, and will do whatever it takes to assure that this happens."
    Serious Business 11
    Work In Progress
    Serious Business
    Notice [dice]2[/dice] Awareness +2
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
    Extra Effort [dice]3[/dice]
    Flashforward (2 men lost)

Raynard and his group left in the dead of night. Partially due to the heat, but mostly because if they were going to find bloodsuckers, they figured it would be better to do so before they got tired. Cortez, the point man heard it first. He stopped, put up his hand and, nothing. "I heard music" he said, and nothing else, A man of few words. The group waited a minute or two, heard nothing, and forged ahead. A few more kilometers and Cortez held up his hand again. This time Raynard heard it too. A soft rhythmic beat with a splash of electric guitar. The noise disappeared as quickly as it had arrived, and so the group continued on. A few hundred more meters and then suddenly Cortez took off running, firing madly into the darkness. When the group finally caught up with him Cortez insisted he saw a woman wearing a ball gown leap out at him. Fearing that Cortez was having some sort of a breakdown, Raynard ordered that half the party rest while the rest stood watch. An hour later Cortez woke up screaming, blood gurgling out of his throat. One of the men who was a trained medic tried to stop him, but there was nothing they could do. They didn't have time for a burial, just dumped him into a shallow patch of water with a few prayers quietly muttered. When day broke the group took a rest again, this time the group that rested standing patrol while Raynard and the others rested. Raynard, exhausted from slogging through the uneven jungle all night fell asleep almost instantly. He dreamt that he and his group broke through the jungle into a clearing. At the bottom of the clearing was one of those big stone pyramids that could be found every so often around here. Except at the top of the pyramid, loud salsa music blared, and the murmur of excited voices bubbled up. In the dream, Raynard and company made their way into the temple where dozens of couples done up in their finest dress were dancing. The rest of the rangers in his group quickly found partners, but Raynard was there alone in the middle of the dance floor. Suddenly, a beautiful woman walked up to him, with pitch black eyes, In slow motion, she opened her mouth and razor-sharp fangs slid out. She leaned in close and whispered into his ear "May I have this dance?" Raynard woke up, heart racing, having to catch his breath. The rest of the Rangers were milling about, talking in low concerned tones. Ortega, the one nicknamed "Oso' because he was big and strong like a bear, had gone missing. The group searched for hours, but he was nowhere to be found. While they never found Oso, they did have a chance to navigate a bit of the way to come. Raynard doesn't think about Cortez or Oso, he doesn't even remember their faces. The woman in the ball gown is rarely far from his thoughts.
    Last edited by Raynard Lucas on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Ashlyn Alvarez
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 9
    Alertness +2, Mystic Awareness
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild [dice]1[/dice]
    Common Knowledge 3
    Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Ashlyn woke with the sun, as usual, despite still being tired. But there was hot, black coffee available, and she wrapped her hands around it as she listened to Doc Reid and studied his maps. Commander Kurling joined them and mentioned stories of flesh-eating fish in the rivers.

“Aye,” Ash had to agree. “In the Magdalena House, we had some that came up from Mexico, escaping the vampires. One of the señoritas used to tell us of these vines that grew, waiting for you to come by. She called them assassin vines. They would lie in wait, like normal plants, until they sensed prey nearby. Then they would try and wrap around you, sink poisonous thorns into your flesh, and choke you until you died. Then they would put you at their base so they could grow over and devour you.”
    Experience and Wisdom HJ 10
    [dice]4[/dice] - Select a Background Edge: Brave
    Notice 11; Raise
    Alertness +2, Mystic Awareness, Detect Arcana, -2 Conserve Your Energy
    Notice [dice]5[/dice]
    Wild [dice]6[/dice]
    Extra Effort [dice]7[/dice]
    Ashlyn was being careful. She didn’t want to risk the lives of her rangers too much. Currently they were scouting a forested area near the river they might have to pass through. The sun had just set, and she heard movement in the trees overhead.

One of the rangers put a hand on her shoulder and a finger to his lips. Then he pointed. Small, cute monkeys were beginning to emerge in the trees, chattering to each other.

Que? Ash asked him. “Monkeys?”

The man nodded, then whispered, “Vampire monkeys. Mucho.

Ashlyn blinked and stared. “Madre de Dios,” she murmured.

Conditions
    Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
    Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
    Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
    Wild Die always a d8
    Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
    Dodge: -1 to by hit by ranged attacks
    Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
    Brave: +2 Fear tests
    PPE: 20/20
    ISP: 20/20
    Shield: 10/10 PPE
    Rangers: Nestor Calis and 16 rangers
    • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
    Bennies: 10/3
    Adventure Cards
    • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
    • Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
    Character Tracker
    Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
    Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
    Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
    Wild Die always a d8
    He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
    Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
    All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
    PPE: 15/25
    • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
    ISP: 18/25
    • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
    Shield: 7/10 PPE
    • Deflection
    Wand: 7/10 PPE
    • Dispel
    Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
    • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
    Bennies: 0/4
    Adventure Cards
    • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
    • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
    • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
    Krysesia
    Silver Patron
    Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Krys shakes her head with a rueful smile. "Piranha? Really? Well they are an issue, but not generally one unless they are starving and the water is low. They are actually omnivorous scavengers. Odd to find them this far north, but then again, this is Zacatecus. Try not to go in the water injured and you'll be fine. I'm more concerned with Ahuizoti. They are also called Sun Dogs. Vela has probably seen them too. They are almost a cross between primates and canines. Body of a dog, head of a coyote, monkey like hands for paws with four fingers and an opposable thumb, long, thick tail more resembles that of a chameleon and tapers toward the end, and their tails have what amounts to a human like hand at the end. They are the size of a smallish coyote, no more than 3 feet head to ass, but their tail is twice their body length. Their preferred environment is rivers like this. They are aquatic ambush predators, usually picking off the one sent for water. They drag them underwater like crocodiles do. They are also incredible trackers."

"Interestingly their preferred food is basically eyes, tongue, teeth, claws and fingernails, as well as the fingers themselves. The rest they let the river take away, usually to be eaten by piranhas and other scavengers. They also hate vampires, or maybe love the taste of their claws and teeth. I've heard of a pack biting off the fingers, claws, and face of vampires, allowing it to regenerate and basically feasting until gorged, then they drag them underwater and let the river dispose of them. Vampires despise and hunt them. So do most humanoids. There are rumors of a bat god they avoid - Camazotz I think. According to one rumor, priests of that god originally summoned them to Earth to fight vampires. Which is hilarious as the bat god controls vampires too. But I can confirm that they have been on Earth since the prehistory of humanity."

"But as predators of vampires, you can't get much better. Immune to vampiric mind powers, supernaturally strong for their size, highly resistant to magic and psionics, and the regenerate, though slowly compared to vampires. Their biggest weakness is their aquatic nature. They live in and around water. They also have some magical abilities - they can produce daylight, have the ability to sense magic naturally, and confuse and blind their prey, and they can alter their bodies visual appearance like a chameleon. They tend to behave submissively to practioners of magic, though all bets are off if we find them at their den."

"The reason I know so much about them is my mentor who taught me the art of the shifter had one for a companion. I thought how smart it displayed being was some sort of side effect of their bond, but he corrected me saying they are very intelligent, somewhere between a monkey and a child. While they cannot speak words, I have seen them learn sign language using their tail hands, and their barks and whines have clear meaning. They can follow complex instructions and have no issue understanding any language. I've personally seen them respond, in rapid fashion, to five languages in a single conversation. Also, if you hear what sounds to be like an infant crying and we're near the river, be on guard because they can make that sound."

"They are perhaps the best predators of vampires Mexico has to offer, but unfortunately, they hunt nearly everything else too. If we can find a pack and convince them to aid us, we'd have a very powerful ally. But until we do, they are likely to be our worst nightmare. There are many aquatic predators to be concerned about, but few as ruthless as the Ahuizoti. Piranha follow them to feed from their left overs."
    The Night is Long and full of terrors
    Experience and Wisdom HJ [dice]0[/dice]: Strong Willed
    The Sun Dog, or Ahuizoti, is a vicious, savage predator that resembles a hairless, medium-sized dog with black skin and a strange appearance. Though the head resembles that of a coyote and the body that of a dog, the paws are those of a monkey (four fingers and an opposable thumb) and its long, thick tail more resembles that of a chameleon and tapers toward the end. Even more bizarre, the tail ends in a human hand that is capable of full articulation. The tail is prehensile and can curl, grab and entangle like that of a monkey. The human-like hand at the end of the tail is used to grip and hold prey as well as assist in climbing and balance.
    Sun Dogs apparently existed on Earth prior to the Coming of the Rifts as the creature is described in the ancient myths and legends of the Aztecs, Mayans, Hopi Indians of Arizona and New Mexico, the Shasta Indians of northern California, and the Sumu Indians of Nicaragua. Furthermore, it is said that explorer, Christopher Columbus, reported in a letter to the King of Spain, an encounter with such a beast that strangled and killed a wild boar before his men killed it with arrows. With the Coming of the Rifts and the return of magic to the world, the Sun Dog likewise reappeared, and in far greater numbers than ever before.

The Sun Dog of Mexico is a small but ferocious and feared monster. It has a Mega-Damage hide and a taste for humanoids. It can live in and under water, usually in underwater caves or underneath a pile of debris swept up by the river. Sun Dogs can also live in shallow burrows on dry land, but always near a river or lake. Its monkey paws and nimbleness enable the creature to run along narrow river banks, scramble across fallen trees, leap over rocks and logs, and even climb low trees and steep embankments. The Sun Dog feeds on animals of almost every variety - frogs, turtles, lizards, water fowl, rabbits, rodents, otters, monkeys, dogs, coyotes, wild boar - just about everything except fish.

The Sun Dog is a problem for people because the creature will attack livestock, gorge itself on chickens and other fowl, and eat the eyes, tongues, teeth and hooves of sheep, goats, and calves, and mutilate the rest of the carcass before running off to its watery lair. As a Mega-Damage creature, a Sun Dog could kill cattle, horses and other large animals, but they leave them alone. Worst of all, Sun Dogs have a taste for humans and D-Bees. Whenever an easy opportunity arises, the monster takes it and strikes, usually picking off a person who has wandered away from the rest of his group or at the water's edge. Its favorite method of attack is to sneak up on people from under water, or from behind on dry land, and drag them into the water. The hand at the end of the monster's prehensile tail is used to grab, hold and pull prey below the water's surface, where they drown or are bitten repeatedly until dead. However, the Sun Dog is a capable and vicious fighter on land as well as under water, biting and clawing at adversaries until it can escape or slay them. Once prey has succumbed to its vicious attack, the Ahuizoti drags the body to shore or to its lair to feed. The strange beast eats only the eyes, tongue, teeth (some say the entire face), and fingernails, and sometimes, the fingers of its victims. When done eating, the monster pushes the remainder of the corpse into the water where it floats away.
    The Sun Dog spends most of its time in and under water. It leaves the safety of the depths only to sun itself on a log, rock or shoreline like a lazy turtle, and to hunt. When on the prowl, the predator lies in wait along the shore of the waterways, ever on the lookout for unwary travelers and fishermen. When the creature is ready to strike, it sneaks up from behind or swims close just below the surface of the water, and then lashes out. In water, that may be with a bite attack, like an alligator, or more likely with its hideous, elastic, monster's tail, the hand grabbing and yanking the unsuspecting victim into the water from shore or off of a boat. This happens so fast, the animal never risks exposing its body. Victims are often caught totally unawares by this sneak attack, and are under the waves before they know what hit them. The only way to get free from a Sun Dog's hold is to either best its Supernatural Strength, or inflict enough damage that it lets go. Most let go when M.D.C. is reduced to one third. Fortunately, these monsters are solitary hunters, and at worst, are encountered in a group of only 1d4 members. Sun Dogs cannot be domesticated, even by vampires, and run wild. In fact, if there is anything redeeming about the horrid creatures, it's that they target the undead as well as other humanoids. On dry land the Sun Dog bites off the fingernails and fingers of the undead and, if given the opportunity, will eat their eyes, tongue and teeth. This may be a quick few bites before the Sun Dog runs away, but if possible, a Sun Dog will fight until a vampire is reduced to a coma state. When that happens, the animal eats the parts it likes and then it drags the undead to water and pushes the corpse in, where it dissolves.
    Whether Sun Dogs think vampires are just another humanoid for eating or whether they dislike vampires is unclear. Doc Reid and many others suspect Sun Dogs and vampires are natural enemies and that an ancient priest or Shifter may have brought them to Earth as a means to battle and destroy the undead. As anecdotal evidence of this, Wild Vampires are known to slay the animals on sight, and Sun Dogs hold onto vampires pulled underwater until they are completely destroyed. Rumor has it, however, that the Ahuizoti (that's the Aztec name for the animal) fear the Mayan God of Bats and Darkness, Camazotz, and never attack him and seldom attack his undead legions. But then, Camazotz is not a Vampire Intelligence, but an ancient Mayan god with the power
    to dominate and control a limited number of vampires. All this time we've referred to the Ahuizoti or Sun Dog as an animal. That's because, for the most part, Sun Dogs behave as an animal predator. However, they possess either a high animal intelligence or a modest human intelligence that makes them more
    than a mere animal. They can recognize vampires over mortals, recognize all types of weapons, understand the spoken word of all languages, use sneak attacks, and basic hunting and combat strategies, and recognize and respect creatures of magic. A Sun Dog also seems to have an understanding of magic, can cast a small selection of magic spells, and tends to avoid practitioners of magic and exhibits submissive behavior when contact is made. Mages are never attacked unless they attack the Sun Dog first, and are allowed to pet them and rub their bellies. Sun Dogs are happy to become a companion or Familiar to Shifters, Ley Line Rifters, Water and Air Warlocks, and Necromancers (who, ironically, often fight vampires). Though a Sun Dog cannot speak words, their bark and whining often has clear meaning, their eyes reflect a human level of intelligence and understanding, they can follow complex commands, and when the creature whimpers or cries, it sounds like a weeping infant. A sound it often uses to lure humanoids to their doom.

Attributes: I.Q. 2D4+3 (low to average human equivalent intel-
    ligence), M.A. 106, M.E. 2D6, P.S. 2D6+9 (Supernatural),

P.P. lD6+9, P.E. 2D6+7, P.B. ID6, Spd 2D6+4 on land, but
    an astounding ID4xlO+50 in the water.
    M.D.C.: 106x10+19
    Horror Factor: 11
    Size: Three feet (0.9 m) from snout to rump, plus the tail which
    appears to be equal to about the length of the body but can
    actually stretch out to three times the body length, giving it a
    reach of9 feet (2.7 m).
    Weight: 50-60 pounds (22.5 to 27 kg).
    Average Life Span: Unknown. 2,000+ years at least.
    P.P.E.: 2D4x10+P.E. attribute number.
    I.S.P.: None.
    Equivalent Skills: Magically understands all languages (illit­
    erate), Climb 90%/80%, Land Navigation 90%, Prowl 60%

(+20% in water), Swim 96%, Tailing 86%, Tracking (human-
    oids) 78%, and Wilderness Survival 90%.

Natnral Abilities: Keen vision and can see underwater and in murky water without penalty up to 1,000 feet (305 m), Nightvision 300 feet (91 m), see the invisible, Supernatural P.S., do not require air to breathe, and Bio-Regenerates 1D6 M.D.C per melee round.
    Resistant to Magic (special): Magic weapons and spells are half as effective against Sun Dogs; half damage, penalties and duration.
    Impervious to Vampire Mind Control (special): The Hypnotic Suggestion and Mind Control powers of the vampire do not work on the Sun Dog.
    Vulnerabilities: The Ahuizoti need three times as much water as a dog to stay hydrated and prefer moist, wet environments. Love it underwater and spend 75% of their time submerged in water. Unless a Sun Dog can spend at least 12 hours per day in water, its power ofBio-Regeneration stops working and reduce M.D.C. and Spd by 5% for every six additional hours denied being submersed in water. An Ahuizoti dies in a matter of a few days in the desert. The creature takes double damage from the Desiccate the Supernatural spell. and M.D. fire does more damage.
    Attacks per Melee: Four.
    Mega-Damage: As per Supernatural Strength from physical attacks including tail swipes. claw strikes, and crush/squeeze attacks (each constriction/squeeze counts as one melee attack).
    Bite attacks inflict 2D4 M.D. All attacks do full damage to vampires.
    Bonuses: +2 on Perception Rolls to recognize vampires and whenever in water, +1 on initiative, +3 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge , +4 to dodge when in the water. +2 to roll with impact. +3 to entangle and pull punch/bite, and +3 on all saving throws.
    Magic: The Sun Dog can cast the following spells equal to a 4th level Ley Line Walker; doesn't improve with experience. Befuddle (6), Blinding Flash ( I). Chameleon (6), Cleanse (6), Death Trance ( I), Escape (8), Globe of Day.light (2), See Aura (6), Sense Evil (2), and Sense Magic (4). P.P.E.: 2d4x10 +P.E. attribute number.
    Psionics: None.
    Scouting Run 12 (conservative with resources -2 PPE and -0 men; -2 Bennies)
    Notice [dice]1[/dice],[dice]2[/dice] +[dice]3[/dice]+6 (2 bennies) -2 (Conserve Resources) = 12 (2 PPE and 1/2 ranger (0 or 1?)
    As Grizzley Carter, Betani, and the others all set out with Krys, Serenia, and Princessa, Krys keeps the gryphon a respectful distance from the horses. Gryphons eat horses, and its best not to tempt the fate. "So what we are looking for is a ley line that runs to the mountain itself. The higher up the better. If I can get us even part way up the mountain, it will increase the odds of our survival. I need two things. First, one of your best trackers, second, you to hold the location we set. I can't risk gating back to have myself surrounded by terrors." Of course finding the ley line that runs to the mountain is easy. Holding it secure against anything is the issue. They find a place on the ley like with a large rock formation on one side. It will provide an excellent look out and sniper location. With that secured, Krys and Raul, a tracker, ride on Princessa, while Serenia flies beside. They follow the ley line, and to their luck it does head up the mountain.

As the press on upwards, high enough to avoid most threats, but low enough to see clearly, Krys despairs for a bit as she can find no place large enough to bring in over one hundred people. Then her companion taps her shoulder and points. Right near one of the faster moving tributaries of the river is a wide space with many shallow pools that obviously are from where the river will rise above its banks during snow melt. But it is wide open. Then she hears "Never mind, its too dangerous."

She leans back calling "Why?"

"Ahuizoti" he answers simply. And then she knows. Still, if they can be subdued, or even turned to the needs of the group, it was possible to recruit at least some of them. Besides they had strong fighters and while the Sun Dogs had the advantage, it was not insurmountable - just difficult.
    "We'll try further up, but if not, that's our spot." Resignation covers her face, but they continue on.

As they fly back down after searching more, they are able to land well enough away from the river and the pools so as to have solid ground under their feet. "Take pictures while I memorize the place. Serenia, watch our backs. When I get the Gate open, get your asses back over here immediately." They are only there a few minutes and already they are surrounded by twenty or more of the creatures, their hand tails flexing and passing messages to each other. By the time the gate opens, they are alreadt beginning to make their move and rush in just as the four of them teleport out.

Serenia's face eases from wary to at ease when they appear at the place where Carter and his people are. She turns to shake Raul's hand, which is shaking - weather out of fear or simply adrenaline is hard to say. "You did well my friend. I'll get you stabilize so Miss Bet'ani can see to your long term care." She tells him as she heals him. She takes the camera from him. "I'll bring these pictures back to Ndreare, Krysesia. You coming or you going to escort them all back?"

"I'll escort them back. See you back at base camp."

Later, when they all gather to put their intelligence together, Krys speaks up. "So I found a great place to teleport our forces to before heading up the mountain. No chance of vampiric infestation either. Largely because of the Sun Dog presence. Problem is its a Sun Dog den. If we can impress them with our magic, we may be able to get them to aid us even. If not we'll have a fight with a very tough magic resistant enemy that can easily confuse and confound us, and get us underwater and drown us. But if we can get to this point," she indicates her base camp on the map, "we can bypass most of the river. And then we deal with the Ahuizoti and head up the mountain."
    Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
    Quick Stats
    Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
    Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
    Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
    Kir Gloryspirit
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Kir Gloryspirit »

"Asnir told us many things during our trip here. The horrors, and wonders, of this world are many. He told us of the Iron Zombies and Iron Guards created by depraved magics. Men stripped of their souls, enduring weeks of pain. Those too weak willingly giving themselves over to the darkness to become an even greater evil," Kir shakes his head and sighs.

Kir Frowns and then says, "In our homeland, there is no greater dishonor than to serve evil. Few of our people would risk their place in the Halls of Honor to avoid the pain of a gruesome death. Whatever the case may be - they are beings who do not feel pain. Evil entities sheathed in dark armor serving a master of unthinkable intentions. We hope we do not cross paths with any of these creatures - they may be even more formidable foes than the vampires."

Experience & Wisdom: [dice]0[/dice]

Notice 17, -1 Benny, +1 Fatigue
    Notice [dice]1[/dice] (Detect Arcana at will, Detect Supernatural, -2 penalty, +2 Awareness, +2 Serious Business)
    Wild [dice]2[/dice]
    Extra Effort: [dice]3[/dice]
    Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
    Kir spends the night before the day of scouting, and much of that morning, in quiet meditation and conferring with Asnir upon the dangers between Zacatecas and the Rangers. He learns much, but Kir decides that he must see the dangers with his own eyes before sharing his knowledge with the Rangers and the Resolute.

Kir opens his eyes and stands up wearily. A sleepless night and the strain of communicating with a deity have taken a toll upon his mind and body. The mystic sighs and sets out to find Tycho and the Shish Kabab squad.

"Tycho. The..."Shish Kabob" squad will not be joining us for today's scouting," Kir tells tycho. He holds his hand up to placate his new friend before he can object and continues, "Asnir has explained many things to us. The dangers are great, but we must see them for ourselves. We will need your squad's strength for the battle. We failed you when we met, Tycho, and we would not fail you again. Allow us to do this."

Without waiting for Tycho's response, Kir sets off towards Zacatecas alone. There were many things Asnir warned him about, but there was one thing Kir needed to see with his own eyes.

Following Asnir's instructions and warnings, Kir managed to avoid countless vampire packs. He was only vaguely aware of their presence. His knowledge meant that Kir was simply never around when the vampires were.

Then he arrived at his destination - A cave several miles from the riverbank. It did not have a conspicuous entrance, but it was along one of the safer paths to Zacatecas. Kir walked into the cave, determined to see this danger with his own eyes.

The cavern initially seems like a natural formation - but towards the back there is a hidden passage leading deeper into the earth. The passage quickly changes from natural to carved stone. Torches sonces like the walls, but instead of lighting the way, the "torches" seem to absorb any nearby light. Only a small path in the middle of the hall had any visibility - anything could be hiding in the dark.

Kir was prepared for this, however, and continued on. At the end of the hall was a massive door - but that was not what he came to see. The creatures guarding it were. Two armored humanoids, obviously undead, covered in head to toe in black plate. Their heads show obvious signs of mummification.

There is a third humanoid, also covered in black plate. He had a helmet of similar material to his armor, and he stood with purpose. He shifted his weight once while Kir examined him. Having seen what Kir came to see, he leaves the hall, exits the cave, and finishes his trek to the river uneventfully.

Seeing nothing Asnir hadn't already shown him, Kir treks back to the Rangers. When he meets with the others, he shares his news, "There is a great evil hidden near the river. We have seen with our own eyes that which Asnir had warned us about. There is a cave which contains a hidden compound. Iron zombies led by an Iron guardian guard it. Asnir has told me that their master has agreed to protect the river in exchange for arcane knowledge and power.

"We will have to choose a more dangerous path to avoid this threat entirely or meet it head on and vanquish it if we wish to approach Zacatecas relatively safely," Kir states.
    Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic of Asnir, God of War
    Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic
    Charisma: 3; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 10(5)
    Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
    • Alertness: +2 to Notice
      Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
      Cosmic Confluence: 2 PPE to 1 ISP & Vice Versa (use immediately)
      Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
      Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
      Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
    Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
    PPE: 8/25; PPE: 0/10; PPE: 10/15; ISP: 8/20
    Bennies: 0/3; Sun Dogs: 2/4
    Adventure Cards
    Edit Signature
    Kir Gloryspirit speaking/thinking
    Asnir, god of war speaking (directly into the mind)
    Asnir speaking through Kir Gloryspirit (both speaking simultaneously)
    Vela
    Silver Patron
    Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

"I know many things about the lands of the Dead," Vela says. "From human traders who came to our territory sometimes. They tell of places where Dead-slaves work in huge fields to keep other Dead-slaves alive. All day and most of the night. The strongest do not work though. They are kept in boxes, on beds, and the Dead come to drink their blood whenever they like. All the time. The food, it is put in them through tubes. All they can do is lie there, feeding the Dead and being fed by slaves. Until they die."

She pokes at the fire with a stick. Having the human rangers around is growing on her. It almost feels like having a little tribe again. Learning their names and faces, learning their fears and hopes. There are more stories swapped that night, perhaps trying to steel themselves for the trials to come.

The next morning Vela and her squad leave early, before sunrise. When they come upon a wild vampire feeding on some poor corpse in the woods, Vela has them wait and fan out to safe positions. A slower, more cautious approach than she might otherwise have taken, and the vampire very nearly escapes as they prepare...but no one is hurt in the process.

It plays out like that several more times, with the were-jaguar's usual aggressive style being tempered by her own new loyalty to her team and the advice of her lieutenants. Sulannus the elf is particularly reserved, making recommendations that suit an archer's perspective. Keep your distance, observe before acting, and make your shots count. Sam is more emotional, more inclined to rough things up, but has an unfailing intuition into the nature of things.

The scouting is hard going, with a lot of close calls. These truly are the Lands of the Dead. At the end of it though, Vela brings them all home. They have not carved a swath through the ranks of the enemy, but they accomplished the mission with all hands, and that's enough.
    Rolls: Scouting 7, spends 2 ISP; no casualties
    HJ = [dice]2[/dice] = Common Bond
    Scouting Run (conservative): [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
    An ace on both, dang. [dice]3[/dice] and [dice]4[/dice]
    Character Cheat Sheet
    Vela
    Human
    Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
    Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
    Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
    Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
    Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
    Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
    Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
    Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Re: Part 6.2: Journey to Zacatecas ( The River)-Open RP AREA

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Commander Kurling
    Commander of Raven Squad
    5157092F-2965-412D-897F-E0ADDAA7B700.jpeg
    5157092F-2965-412D-897F-E0ADDAA7B700.jpeg (76.04 KiB) Viewed 11173 times
    Doc Reid
    Leader of Reid’s Rangers and the great becon of hope. some say he is irreplaceable.
    AD6A36FF-91A5-4539-A995-E80452BDEA86.jpeg
    AD6A36FF-91A5-4539-A995-E80452BDEA86.jpeg (32.92 KiB) Viewed 11169 times
    Taylor Thomas, formerly Tyler Thomas
    Apprentice TW to Terra Silver Forge, tends to go all googly eyed arrounbd Krys when the GM can remember. Ashlyn saved him from a Kreeghor geneticist.
    E49279EC-A47C-4836-ABE0-272DFD23BC02.jpeg
    E49279EC-A47C-4836-ABE0-272DFD23BC02.jpeg (28.27 KiB) Viewed 11172 times
    KARL THE IMP
    Freed from a human woman impregnated by Draygus a brodkill juicer. He is Penitent’s understudy. His pee is acidic. He has a iphone X which he calls celestial beings to keep in touch. Married to Ashlyn.
    3E27B7DC-3A34-4FBB-8D68-96B19443747C.jpeg
    Rod the Droid
    A Kreeghor survialance droid with a snarky AI.
    2E5A7DEA-879D-4F98-A07F-57C5C3D921A9.png
    Doc and Commander Kurling nod grimly each looking at the map and marking difficulties.
    Doc puts a red pin along the rivers edge and sips some cofee, ” Our foe is cunning and lays a trap for us here. The vampire clan of Duthmon... River feeders, amphibian horror’s and their vampire masters waiting to jump at the slightest of tingles on their chain web.” The commander nods and places a green marker while Rod squirts some milk in Ndeare’s coffee. The flickering candel light in the hut serves as a rememinder that darkness has all but shrouded these lands.

Commander Kurling places several wiggly blue markers on the river itself, ”What was it the droid called them? Maelstrom makers, up in the great lakes the CS has encountered them before but never in such concentration. Like a kraken of old with psionic powers to pumel even the mightest vessel into bits and pieces. I hear their maw can twist even an UR-1 in half with a single strike.” Rod squirts a bit extra milk into Ndreare’s cup when the name is mentioned.

Doc chuckles softly and mechanically at the droid. He moves several yellow markers along the banks of the river and surrounding lands, ” Long have we heard of the rumors of a sorcerer in legue with the vampires, she has no name officially, known only as the Blood Witch.” Doc stare’s at Penitent, ”I am not sure if it was a story to tell to fighten children but they say she has the power to rip off the face of those truely holy. She places traps... Not to kill but to draw more vampires by the stentch of blood. They are vairied, from the Bloodbriar, to Whollyspike, Death’sDrop, and more... We must be mindful.”

Commander Kurling looks at Raynard and pushes a bottle of liquior towards him. He takes a ballarina figurine. Tarnished and blackend placing it on the table, Muerte de la señora, I have seen her in my dreams. Some times a little girl just yonder out of sight, and others a beautiful lady in a gown... Red, yellow... Death follows her.” His mechanical voice drops slightly filled with anger, ”She was the one that put me in my body... Before Raven squad, I was part of a recon squad assigned to Psyscape. We were following a powerful psychic, a psi-ghost...” His voice faulters, ” Sorry, what happened next is still classified, but lets just say one morning I woke up in a chop shop with my head filled with dreams of a dance.”

Doc looks down at the bag of figures and markers sighing. ” A painful tail to be sure my ally. But I am afraid more pain awaits those that venture forth...” He slides a fistful of toothpicks on to the map. ”Vampire monkey’s... Red assed, double fanged that can peirce the hardest of hides. More alert and cunning than your normal wild vampire... For some reason I have always thought they are somehow closer to the source of vampirism more so than the mindless wild vampire. Last summer 500 rangers went into the southern forest to eradicate them with daylight, plasma, silver railguns... Only the brave Nestor Calis returned.”

Doc Reid continues, his cyber eyes gleaming, as the CS commander lays out a jade figurine. ” Legends tell of a dark hearted man coming to the Yucatan Pinisela... He brought even greater darkness with him...”

Karl snorts hanging up his celestial iphone. The imps beedy eyes are dark pools. ” Doc you talking about the Craftman? I heard that joker was in league with Camazotz!”

Doc’s fist slams into the table with anger, ” Do not mention the name again Imp. Who do you think the Lord of Zacatecus listen’s too? The day walker has over the years been corrupted to the point of instanity by that foul demon lord... We have heard of this crafter as well... Truely a dark being that is one of many problems needing to be vanquished from these lands.” He sighs looking at the dark figurines Commander Kurling placed on the map. ” If he has unleashed his foul works of iron gaurdsmen, even in small numbers, something dark is truely beset against us.”

Doc seems to have finished for now but the ever eager and wide eyed and red haired young technowizard Taylor Thomas rushes in out of breath,”What is wrong with the sun? Its morning, folks are stirring but the sun has not risen!” His eyes dart back and forth between Krys and Ashlyn. Karl nods nonchalantly to Krys knowing full well the young boy was harboring a secret crush on Ashlyn. Taylor gulps and keeps his eyes on Krys, ” Uh, what I mean is without the sun the vampires will be everywhere. How will we survive a journey down the river... They will be at ever turn, they will come after us unabaiting and without quarter. Grizzly was telling me the wild vampire’s have a leader of sorts in these lands. A man who walks with shadow and tempts the brave hearted into darkness at ever turn. Grizzly said this master vampire has killed no less than 155 Rangers personally leaving them dried to a husk in the old mess hall! Those two dog boys, Sam and Sullanus call him the Shadesire. What hope is there against such a horrible foe?”

Commander Kurling laughs pouring a fine black glitter dust over the map, ” We got two things going for us, one you are looking right at boy, and the other is Kir.” He places a bright blue token on the map. ” Right here is the leyline it will take you all the way up Vampire Mountain.”

Doc nods with a scowl, ” True, it takes you close to the only bar on that mountain still standing The Little Fang. Vampires stay clear of the bar for good reason and it might be a good place to reconvience to plan our assult on the Lord Ruthvan’s castle... Hell even Ruthvan in his depravity of insanity finds himself there on occasion.” He taps the blue token representing a leyline. ” The question is can you gate 100 plus before the Ahuizoti rip us apart or drown us? These Sun Dogs are lead by an alpha, one we affectionately call Sneeze... He or she creeps up on you all silent like and then snaps your head back while you scream.” Doc rubs one of his cyber arms indicating he might have lost that arm in such a manner, ”Sure it lets you by pass some of the river, but it is still a 2 day trek where we will need cunning and gile to surivive. Then even if we make it to the Den... haha, we call it Death Pool here... A stink holds sway that will curl your toes, the watery pools that the Sun Dogs hunt are sometimes just as leathal as these predators. I have seen men in power armor walk into a pool and come out with the armor stripped away and their skin blistering. Even some pools are hidden from sight until it is too late... You think you are treading along grass or dirt then you look down and a thick icky oil has you ensnared perserving you for a dogs lunch. Something is wrong with that area, something perpetually confusing. It never stays in the same place, you might stumble into it on a tuesday, and go back to find it is not there on Wednesday... “ His voice trails off slightly and becomes a longing whisper, ”Planktal long thought it was a by product of their natural ability to confound and confuse... Their actual numbers have never been calculated...But, with you heroes we can make it.”

Commander Kurling raises an eye to the Doc and slides the saddened man a fresh cup of coffee, ” Damn right we will make it doc, damn right. We do need an over all mission leader for this leg of the journey...”

Karl raises his hand and the Commander looks at the imp and then looks arround the room. The imp coughs waving his celestial cell phone ” Ahem! Chrome I just got off with Empress Death Spike who got it from her monsterous mother, who knows a guy that has Brunch with Asnir every Tuesday at the Heavenly Brunch... Asnir has been talking his ear off about this mission, seems he has a good handel on what it will require and if I may, ”No other Mortal is fit to lead this company in the here and now, it will have to be an immortal. Karl does his best I am Asnir voice.

Commander Kurling and Doc nod with the red Chrome Commander finishing, ” Very well... Kir you are mission leader, good luck. Lets get a move on as the sun it seems will no longer be rising. It is two days travel through great peril as we have marked on this map. Our only hope is to be covert enough despite the enemies that have arisen against us. They will be watchful and any mistep will lead us only to our doom. Over coming the river and our foes set against us by covert means is clearly our first challenge. If we can make it to the den of the Sun Dogs, we will have to deal with them and the very land itself it seems. If that second challenge can be overcome, then we will reconvene at the Bar Little Fang to plan our move against Lord Ruthvan and his 4-armed titans: The Castle Assault for our third and final challenge.”

Doc takes a sip of the fresh coffee poured, ”Any questions?”

Taylor Thomas sheepishly grins squeeking, ”Do we have too?” The two cybered men laugh and laugh.
    This will be an open RP area. Down below you see your bonuses to the next scene, Covert Action. I based this post heavily on your own posts on what horrors you found in the river. I tried to fill in some details about them.
    OOC Comments
    Grynn
    +2 to Covert Action, no rangers lost, River Feeding vampires
    Ndreare
    +0 to Covert Action, 1 ranger lost, Maelstrom Makers
    Penitent
    +0 to Covert Action, 0 rangers lost, Blood Witch
    Raynard
    +1 to covert action, 2 rangers lost, Lady of Death
    Ashlyn
    +1 to Covert action, 0 rangers lost, Vampire Monkeys
    Krys
    +1 to Covert Action, 0 rangers lost, Finding the Den
    Kir, The Team Leader!
    +2 to Covert Action, 0 rangers lost, 1 level of fatigue. Once per this planning and ops 3 round dramatic action you may add 1d6 to any players roll as you give a bit of timely advice or action spuring them on to greatness. As a note it has the potential to get a bit more difficult as we get into more rounds. There are some down sides as well..., Iron Gaurdsmen
    Vela
    +0 to Covert action, 0 rangers lost, Lots of Vampires led by Shadesire
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Ashlyn Alvarez
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Re: Part 6.2: Journey to Zacatecas ( The River) Open RP

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn put a hand on Taylor Thomas’ shoulder. “Have faith, mi hermano, she said. “Have you known us to fail yet?” She smiled. “Oh, I found something in the wreckage, in a basement.” She put a large cardboard box on the table and started handing out red shirts to the rangers. “Anyone else want one? There are plenty.”
    Character Tracker
    Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
    Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
    Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
    Wild Die always a d8
    He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
    Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
    All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
    PPE: 15/25
    • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
    ISP: 18/25
    • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
    Shield: 7/10 PPE
    • Deflection
    Wand: 7/10 PPE
    • Dispel
    Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
    Bennies: 0/4
    Adventure Cards
    • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
    • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
    • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
    Kir Gloryspirit
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Kir Gloryspirit »

"We are still unfamiliar with many of you and your abilities. We are, however, honored to lead this expedition. Except for those in the Rangers, our only knowledge of your skills comes from what we saw in the recent battle. If you have any suggestions on how we might best use your abilities, please speak up," Kir addresses those attending the strategy meeting.
    Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic of Asnir, God of War
    Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic
    Charisma: 3; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 10(5)
    Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
    • Alertness: +2 to Notice
      Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
      Cosmic Confluence: 2 PPE to 1 ISP & Vice Versa (use immediately)
      Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
      Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
      Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
    Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
    PPE: 8/25; PPE: 0/10; PPE: 10/15; ISP: 8/20
    Bennies: 0/3; Sun Dogs: 2/4
    Adventure Cards
    Edit Signature
    Kir Gloryspirit speaking/thinking
    Asnir, god of war speaking (directly into the mind)
    Asnir speaking through Kir Gloryspirit (both speaking simultaneously)
    Penitent

Post by Penitent »

"Empress Death Spike? What did I tell you about talking to strangers, boy?" Penitent says as Karl waves his cell phone. "I think that's just about enough screen time tonight. Why don't you go sharpen your knives again -- we may see action tomorrow. Oh, but before you log off for the night, find me some more of those poems. The last ones worked wonders with Audrey ..."
    Penitent
    Quick Stats
    Wormwood Apok
    Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
    Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
    Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
    Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
    Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
    Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
    PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
    Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
    Adventure Cards:
    Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
    Krysesia
    Silver Patron
    Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

As Kir asks for advice. "My advice is you listen to Ndreare. He is a good tactician and is professional enough to keep that advice coming when it matters. A good leader listens to the advice of others. My focus will be getting to and securing the ley line location. Then it will be on gate duty. Figure out which ten of you will be in the vanguard. You're going to need a magical display to cow those Sundogs and possibly kill its Alpha. I suggest combining those efforts in the most extraordinary fashion possible. Still we have to get to the origin point camp first. I will be unavailable until everyone is transferred. At which point I will likely need to rest. So try and take out those Sundogs quickly."

"As for my abilities, I am a shifter of some skill. My preference in terms of allies are elementals and the Elemental Spirits of Light, though I use others on occasion. My dagger is called Neptune's Blade and it uses the power of the ocean to cut a swath through my foes, and my staff channels lightning. Those near me tend to find themselves encouraged. My friend Serenia is a Seraph and possibly my oldest friend."

Serenia chuckles. "Krysesia, you never tell a lady's age."

Krys shakes her head smiling ruefully. "Suffice to say we've known each other longer than you have been alive."
    Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
    Quick Stats
    Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
    Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
    Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
    Grynn
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn listened to the briefing intently. So many things tried to distract him, and it felt right in the form of the orange and red tabby cat to be easily distracted, but he did his best to focus. Besides, there was a lot of good information to be had, really. Some of it he had helped bring with his ranger squad. But the rest was news! Of course, some of it was a bit scary-sounding too. A psionic kraken? A Blood Witch? Vampire monkeys? Well, okay, those sounded like half-cute, half-frightening. Monkeys were a bit adorable though, honestly. And flying ones would be fun to try and bat out of the air w-

No! Focus! Commander Kurling spoke about a girl and woman. They were the same but not the same? That was strange. And she put him in his body? Didn't his metal parents do that? Wait, did she kill him? Or injure him a lot? Or give him a gift of a metallic body? Not as good as his own metallic scales of course, but still confusing and unanswered! "Ah, so you are not a robot and were not 'born' that way. Good to know."

When the young boy ran in all panic and panting, Grynn listened with a growing sense of discomfort. "What? No sunrise? No more sun in the sky??" That was a bit depressing. Grynn liked the sun. He liked sunbathing too. And he liked vampires having to sleep during the day and fearing the sun. That was a big thing in this part of the world. Without it, the vampires would be more bold and harder to get past. He frowned a little.

He didn't really know the one called Kir yet. He was big and mysterious. He seemed to talk about a god a lot, but a different one then Ashlynn talked about all the time. He hoped Kir would do a good job. He didn't want the Rangers to die, and he wanted the mission to succeed. He began licking his paw and rubbing it on his head to hide his anxiety.
    Grynn
    Character Summary
    Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
    Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
    Active effects:
    Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
    Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
    Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
    Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
    PPE: 20/30
    Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
    Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms

Return to “Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms”