Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 4.1 Call for Heroes: Diner at Traveler's Inn

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

GM note
Hi folks, one of the things I notice especially if we pre-post your initiative it stymies creativity and can slow your post rate if I don't reconcile all the actions in a timely manner. I tried this in the vampire chronicles, inspired by Tribe. We have our main adventure thread going and then we have a side bar role play. I would like to give you the opportunity to get in on this scene. It happens at the end of all you collecting rumors...
Again this is completely voluntary and just to help those that like to RP achieve their maximum fun :D
While you are eating diner before your time to be at the arena ( this is while no contests are going on), the bartender at the Inn comes over. He has rumbling voice, " I hear you have joined the call for heroes heh?" He drops off some steaming casserole and a weird looking purple broccoli. He waves over a easy on the eyes woman to refill your drinks and before you know they are refreshed. He wipes his face with a handy small towel, " Several of us have a pool going and we are wondering why you have joined up?"

A striking young lady quite possibly radiating magic comes over to him and whispers in his ear. He grins and nods, " This is Lucianna, she is a member of El Paso's Hope, do you mind if she joins you, the hobgoby Broccoli bits are her favorite, seems like there is more than enough."

He turns his head slightly to the door way at a small bit of commotion. It seems like the fella Penitent wounded with a butter knife has stumbled back in flanked with 4 large juicers and small woman with a sleeve of magical tatoos. The juicers seem to have something or someone by the scruff of their neck. The woman could be a true atlantean but with all the patrons and hustle and bustle from where the group is sitting it is a bit tough to confirm. The barman turns back with a hesitant smile, " Oh were are my manners, my name is Smiley Travellor... Uh yeah so what brings you into the call?"
Attachments
Traveller Barman.jpg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Penitent

Re: Part 4.1 Call for Heroes: Diner at Traveler's Inn

Post by Penitent »

"Larger prey. The competition is merely a means to an end," Penitent says simply, as he spears a piece of the purple broccoli on his knife and offers it to the invisible imp perched on his shoulder. "Eat, damn it. I don't care if your kind are carnivores, when you eat nothing but meat the sulfurous eruptions from your nether end are positively blasphemous. I don't want to die in my sleep."

He looks up when the Juicers enter and sighs. The idiot who tried to grab his demon mask is with them, although Penitent can't tell if he's brought the Juicers as muscle or they're here on other business. Then there's the woman with the tattoos ...

Penitent sighs, his fingers drifting to the mask at his belt. With the divine potion still coursing through his veins, half the patrons in the inn are likely to drop dead in fear if he puts it on. The man he'd stabbed was an ass, but these others didn't deserve to die for his foolishness ...

Pushing his plate aside, Penitent stands and hails the wounded man, as if the two are friends.

"Ah, so you have returned to continue our wager? So, which of these men will stand in for you in the next round? The game of knives is not one for novices, or at least not those that wish to keep their fingers."

He whispers again to the imp. "On second thought, have another hunk of mutton ... but stay out of sight and keep your nether regions buttoned up for the time being. I may have a use for that brimstone before the night is over."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

The young woman smiles. "Oh, thank you, large one who smiles. Yes, this broccoli...it is simply amazing! Does it come in many other colors? Hello. I am called Lucianna. I understand I must ask your permission to partake of this dish. I can give you this stick if it will earn some broccoli." She pulls out a credstick and offers it to Ashlyn. If she checks, there are 3000 credits on it.

She looks at Penitent. "Game of knives? I am unfamiliar with the rules of this game. Are these your playmates?" She waves enthusiastically to the juicers. "Hello! This one wishes to play the game of knives with you! I will participate if there is room for another. I seem to lack a suitable knife though. Can it be played with swords?" She reaches to her belt, drawing, and activating, a flaming sword.
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Bennies: 2 (+1 quarter bonus, +1 joker, +1 Pender's oops, -4 for rerolling resist slumber. Really. -1 Reroll Spellcasting, -1 reroll spellcasting Kreeghor dramatic task, +1 massive success on task 2, +1 Big Damn Hero, +1 RP and completing the task/saving the world, -1 EE Agility, -1 EE dispel, -1 reroll damage, +2 Jokers)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: Greater Boost Trait - Spellcasting (+2 die types, d12+5); Greater Deflection (-6 to hit, additional -1 to hit ranged)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 13 (7) (Combat Mage Armor, Full Environmental Protection)
PPE: 43 / 30
Pace: 6
Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Expanded Awareness, Elan, Marksman (spellcasting), Slow Regeneration, Expert (spellcasting); all damage dealing spells are MD, all mega-versions are +5 AP
Adventure Cards: Cutting In Line - Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Weapon in hand: Scepter of Spellweaving
Weapon in holster: Shard Pistol, TW Flaming Sword
Edit Signature
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Gracias, Señor Traveller, Ashlyn said when the innkeeper brought food. She made sure Wretched and Blanca got a plate, as well. “We sent to speak with Doc Reid, and told this Call best way to see him.”

Ashlyn was almost blinded by the Luciana woman. So much magic! Ashlyn had to squint a bit. Hola, Luciana, she greeted. Por favor to join us. And no need pay,” she assured the woman, giving her a curious look. “You should be more careful of credits,” she warned, pressing the stick back into her hand.

When the commotion started, and Penitent walked over, Ashlyn grew worried. “I hope he not disembowel gaucho in front of everyone’s dinner,” she told the others. She didn’t know what the kerfuffle was, but perhaps she could help.

Ashlyn got up and walked over. Señor, you are bleeding. Por favor, allow me to help.” She let her hand glow with healing energy for a moment. “Be pleasing to let man go.”
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Notice 8, Detect Arcana, and Common Knowledge 9
+2 with Sight, Body armor has optics package ignores 2 points of sight penalties.
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Detect Arcana at Will (No Roll Required)

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Ndreare examines the young lady with his Arcane Sight, then he becomes curious if she is a spy for the other teams or simply another traveler. "What brings you to the Call for Heroes Lucianna? Will you be a contestant in the game?"

Then turning he tries to see exactly what the juicers are manhandling. And considers if intervention is needed.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna quickly withdraws the credstick. "Oh! I am very sorry! I did not know these were dangerous! I was given the impression this was a method of exchange. Still, thank you. Once I am finished playing this game of knives and swords with these large men, I will partake of the broccoli." She places the credstick carefully back in a pocket, making sure she doesn't cut herself on the dangerous implement.
She turns to Ndreare, still pointing the flaming sword in the direction of the juicers. "I have accompanied the members of El Paso's Hope from Tolkeen on a quest to destroy these vampires. Vile creatures, they are. It is my understanding that this contest will result in our being able to put and end to them."
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Bennies: 2 (+1 quarter bonus, +1 joker, +1 Pender's oops, -4 for rerolling resist slumber. Really. -1 Reroll Spellcasting, -1 reroll spellcasting Kreeghor dramatic task, +1 massive success on task 2, +1 Big Damn Hero, +1 RP and completing the task/saving the world, -1 EE Agility, -1 EE dispel, -1 reroll damage, +2 Jokers)
Active Effects: Greater Boost Trait - Spellcasting (+2 die types, d12+5); Greater Deflection (-6 to hit, additional -1 to hit ranged)
Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Expanded Awareness, Elan, Marksman (spellcasting), Slow Regeneration, Expert (spellcasting); all damage dealing spells are MD, all mega-versions are +5 AP
Adventure Cards: Cutting In Line - Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Lucianna wrote:Lucianna quickly withdraws the credstick. "Oh! I am very sorry! I did not know these were dangerous! I was given the impression this was a method of exchange. Still, thank you. Once I am finished playing this game of knives and swords with these large men, I will partake of the broccoli." She places the credstick carefully back in a pocket, making sure she doesn't cut herself on the dangerous implement.
She turns to Ndreare, still pointing the flaming sword in the direction of the juicers. "I have accompanied the members of El Paso's Hope from Tolkeen on a quest to destroy these vampires. Vile creatures, they are. It is my understanding that this contest will result in our being able to put and end to them."
Ndreare nods in acknowledgement of the woman's words. "A good drive, but be aware there is no putting an end to them. Vampires are spawned from god like beings from outside this dimension. We can work to banish them from this planet, but they will still be out there and need killing on other planets."
"As to the effectiveness of this contest I imagine we will have to wait to find the details. I have little information on the contest and that usually means some underhandedness will be involved. Hopefully you and your team do well."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

+1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.

Adventure Cards
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Ndreare wrote:Ndreare nods in acknowledgement of the woman's words. "A good drive, but be aware there is no putting an end to them. Vampires are spawned from god like beings from outside this dimension. We can work to banish them from this planet, but they will still be out there and need killing on other planets."
"As to the effectiveness of this contest I imagine we will have to wait to find the details. I have little information on the contest and that usually means some underhandedness will be involved. Hopefully you and your team do well."
She smiles. "I have traveled some with the Hope. I have every confidence they will perform admirably. As it appears our goals coincide, I wish you and yours the best success in the contest."
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent eyes the insane woman incredulously. Arcane power rolled off of her in waves, but she wasn't making the apok tingle like a demon would.

"That blade is quite a bit longer than is traditional. And on fire, which would likely prove unsettling to most opponents," he says, hoping the woman's provocation doesn't spark a general melee in the crowded inn. "Perhaps it would be better if you observed a round or two before joining in."

Ready for all hell to break loose, he watched with held breath as Ashlyn approached the fool he had disciplined earlier. Perhaps the healer's offer of help would be a salve for hostilities ... if not, he feared his plan to clear the room with his imp's infernal flatulence would be complicated by the open flame of the newcomer's blade.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna nods at Penitent. "Perhaps that is best. Thank you. I will watch the game as I enjoy the purple broccoli that this woman has offered without taking my stick. Although, if it is a contest, perhaps giving your opponent cause for consternation is to your advantage?" She dismisses the flaming blade, replacing the hilt at her side, and scoots in next to Vela. "Are you also having the broccoli? Do you play the game of knives too?"
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Fizzwaite Zipwidget
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Fizzwaite Zipwidget »

Fizzwaite watches the interplay between Pentient and the new woman and wipes his hand over his face in frustration. "Oh joy, another violent psychopath in the group, yay."

Glaring at Pentient the Gnome says with exasperation, "Don't you think we could get through the occasional meal without you stabbing anyone? Even Vela has better manners than you do and she grew up in a jungle!"

Looking to Lucianna, "Glad to meet you Luci, please try not to encourage our resident Pooka at the dinner table, though. Sorry, Aaaa-pok, hee hee. At least until a real fight starts then feel free to encourage him all over the place."

Fizzwaite returns to his food and awaits the 'I'm so awesome' response from Pentient that is sure to follow.
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Fizzwaite Zipwidget wrote:"Don't you think we could get through the occasional meal without you stabbing anyone?"
"I'm hoping that by stabbing one, I can avoid dismembering many, gnome," Penitent says in an exasperated whisper. "Say ... would any of your doodads amplify a stench? Perhaps we can convince the innocents to abandon this place before a fight breaks out ..."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna withdraws a bit, and peers quizzically at the gnome. "Is it improper to give encouragement to your friends? I have found that positive reinforcement...oh, you have turned a phrase! Oh, wonderful! Well, then, I don't intend to encourage any of you!" She giggles gleefully.
"It is a pleasure to meet you, fuzzy one. Let us watch the game of knives. Your friend here seems to have extensive knowledge of the intricacies of the game, considering his demeanor. Have you watched many of his contests? Oh, this broccoli is just magnificent. I have understood that in some games of skill and chance, there are wagers that can be made. Shall we bet our sticks on the outcome?" She carefully withdraws the credstick from her pocket as she would a razor sharp blade and offers it to Fizzwaite.
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:The Game of Large Vibro Knives

The big possible Mega Juicer, with a Tee-shirt of Penitent's face on it steps forward a good 10" from the groups table, the man Pen had stabbed points again at Penitent. The big Juicer absent mindedly punches the man and knocked him out cold. He waves after being called too, waving a large vibro knife high, and then flings it at Penitent!! The blade whirls and whirls narrowly missing patrons...

Throwing [dice]28238:0[/dice] Wild [dice]28238:1[/dice]

Just before it hits Penitent it catches a random Grackletooth in the back who falls to the floor writhing in pain. Quicker than the eye could fallow the knife disappears and reappears on the groups table. The crowd strangely claps and a mystic bends over the grackle healing the man who laughs and takes a free beer from the bartender.

Above the bar is a score board with a verity of races and a place for hits. It would appear each side gets 8 throws alternating turns, and if you hit an opposing team member you get 5 points and a random patron you get a random number of points.

The Juicer laughs, " Want to play!!!" The crowd seems to be on board with the idea and folks start moving a bit more rapidly getting in front of the two groups.
Team Juicer has- [dice]0[/dice] pts
Combat Rules
A team member can make a throwing roll at -4 ( -2 for range and -2 for medium cover)
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn smiled at Luciana. “Not dangerous. Valuable,” she said. “Would not want some sneak-thief to take them from you. Or someone to take advantage of you.”

“Dios! You throw knife at stranger?!” she gasped out. She was about to go to the grackletooth, but another mystic was healing him. “This barbaric game!”

Someone heckled her, and Ashlyn scowled. “Give knife,” she said, holding out her hand.

Someone slapped a vibro-knife into her hand. She scowled at the big juicer, and then she threw the knife at his head. Immediately her mind grabbed the knife, guiding it unerringly. But she stopped it before it hit him, allowing the knife only to nick the skin of his forehead enough to trickle blood into his eyes.

“See? Stupid game,” Ashlyn said, letting the knife drop to the floor with a clatter. “Why try get dead? Why hurt people?”

Telekinesis 7 Success
Mysticism [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Stealth 10 Raise
+2 cover
Stealth [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Character Tracker
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna's eyes narrow at the sight of flinging knives. "That does not seem a pleasant game to play. What manner of creature plays such a game where injury can result, or as it appears, is the point? Even non-participants are being wounded. You, grim one." She gestures to Penitent. "You should offer to withdraw from the game, unless your flesh cannot be pierced, or mends quickly. If you are in the midst of such a noble task as the Call for Heroes, a game such as this creates unnecessary risk for your participation in that event."
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent tries his best to look sheepish but only manages to grimace weirdly.

Thank all that is holy ... let the women talk, he thinks.

"Well, hrm, if you object to the knife game, I guess we could all ... hrm ... just ... ah ... drink?"

He waits to see how the suggestion plays with the crowd, ready to signal his imp and the doomsday plan if necessary.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Fizzwaite Zipwidget
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Fizzwaite jumps up on his chair and slaps the table, "HAH! That's the best idea you've had all day. Drinking is definitely an appropriate dinner time sport!"

Looking at the newcomers that started the knife game he cocks an eye at them and bellows impressively for his size, "You boys going to stand around and chuck knives at people all night or are you going to sit down and get blitzed like properly rational beings?"

Without waiting for an answer he puts his hands on his hips and frowns as he looks around for the proprietor. "Ah, Smiley is it? There you are. Around for the table if you please and a round for Stabby McStabberson and his friends too while you're at it. There's a good man." And with that Fizz plops back down in his chair looking quite pleased with himself.
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna's eyes light up. "Yes! Is drinking an alternative to throwing knives at each other? I like this suggestion very much. I will have a hot tea with lemon, and just a touch of honey. Oh, maybe two touches. I have discovered I am possessed with what is called a 'sweet tooth.' Honey is delightful." She leans over to Fizzwaite. "Did you know it is made from the vomit of Apis Mellifera? Absolutely fascinating. Are there any other creatures that produce such a byproduct?"
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Fizzwaite Zipwidget
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Fizzwaite hides a sudden laugh at Lucianna's response in a fit of coughing but manages to recover after a moment. "Ah, Luci my girl that's not exactly what I had in mind, but I'm sure the barman can find something to suit your fancy. That's fascinating about honey I suppose though etymology is not really one of my areas of study. About the only thing I know about the study of insects is that it is called entomology."

Fizz thinks for a moment before continuing, "I have no idea if there are any other creatures that produce such things. There are any number of plants that can suit your tastes I'm sure. Berries and syrup are good examples. You should try pancakes with syrup and butter for breakfast sometime. Very tasty."

Fizz stops and looks at her sideways, "I'm getting the distinct feeling that you are not from around here."
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn was in a humanoid form for the evening, looking like a Hispanic man to counterpoint or compliment Ashlyn, but with tattoos and and a build to compliment Krys. He appeared young, likely early twenties, long dark hair pulled back in to a ponytail, a neatly-trimmed goatee on his face, dark black eyes that held mischief and mirth in them. He wore simple clothes of flowing cloth for movement and sturdy boots.

He watched the strange interplays and listened to the conversations. He was about to ask about credits being dangerous as he thought they were like 'money' you couldn't see, but Lucianna beat him to it. He nodded thoughtfully at Ashlyn's response. He'd much rather have gold any day regardless, but that was difficult to carry around sometimes and tended to be noticeable. Lucianna was a strange one, it appeared, to the others. Grynn found her to have some of the same questions he would have. That made him dislike her a bit. Was she trying to take his place? Was she a dragon in disguise?? His eyes narrowed at her.

But then he was distracted by knife throwing, a large orange reptilian person being stabbed in the back - LITERALLY! - and then being held. His eyes lit up and he half-stood and began to ask to join...but then Ashlyn tried to make a point, He let out half a cheer as she whipped it at the man's head but then it suddenly stopped before it hit him. Grynn was confused by that. Why would she throw a knife and then stop it from hitting. She seemed to be missing the point of the game entirely.

Several people started to get grumpy with the knife game and started trying to shift things to be a drinking game instead. He sat back down slowly. He glanced at Fizzwaite, mouthing the words 'violent psychopath' to himself, trying to work out what that meant. Pooka and Apok were both foreign words to him as well. Doodads? He frowned. Maybe he needed to learn the American tongue more thoroughly.

He picked up a pitcher of ale and took a long drink straight from it, then set it back down. In Dragonese he muttered to himself, "I find myself in very strange company."
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna shakes her head. "No, I am not. I have recently arrived, having traveled from a place called Tolkeen. Have you heard of it, Gnome? I am told it was a beautiful and wondrous city, but only a ruined husk remains after hateful warriors from a place called Chi-Town destroyed it. Pity. I would have loved to see it in its glory. There is no honey to be found there now." Her face falls a bit, clearly disappointed.

She turns to Grynn. "You are silent. I have often found the quietest ones possess the deepest wisdom. Do you share a relation to the woman with the healing magic? You do bear some resemblance, in skin tone and hair coloration. I have heard very few of your names. I only know Gnome, here; Stabby McStabberson, there; the fellow she called Dios, which, I believe, is the same person as Stabby McStabberson; Señor Stranger, the large one with the tail who was impaled; and Vela. I confess, though, that I am unsure which one is Vela."
Pausing, she takes another piece of broccoli and stuffs it into her mouth.
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

"Stabby McStabberson" hails the bartender and orders a pitcher of mead. When it arrives, he pours a mug and passes it to Lucianna.

"Here, you'll like this. It's honey, just ... old. Better. But be careful. A little makes you happy, a lot makes you stupid. Even more makes you numb, though you'll wish for death come the next morning," he says.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Fizzwaite Zipwidget
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Standing on his chair again Fizzwaite give Luci a bow and a flourishes an imaginary hat. "My name, dear lady is Fizzwaite Zipwidget but you can call me Fizz if you like. I've not been to Tolkeen, no, though in a way that's why I'm here. My family until recently resided in Stormspire but the political climate after the fall of Tolkeen was getting a little too psychotic for us so we picked up stakes and moved to Lazlo. Me being mentally defective I decided I needed to do something about the crazy people trying to destroy the world and ended up with the Legion."

Fizzwaite waves a hand towards Pentient, "Now Stabby here will most likely prefer to answer to the moniker Pentient if truth be told. He's from Wormwood you see and I believe they have their sense of humor removed at a young age."

Looking around the table he points out Ndreare, "That serious looking fellow is Ndreare and he's also a traveller from another world though at the moment I forget where. And that wild child down at the end with the short black hair, that would be Vela. You've already met Ash and the Dragon, of course."

Reaching onto the table he grabs his tankard of Ale and takes a long pull. "Ah, that hits the spot ever so much better than any flaming knives!" Fizzwiate sits back down and balances his tankard in his lap. "After the week I've had this is sorely overdue."
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Sí, a drink sounds good,” Ashlyn said, heading back to her seat at the table. “You want something sweet?” she asked Luciana. She waved to the bartender. “Margaritas, por favor. Dos, she ordered. “Is very good. But strong tequila,” she warned.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare looks at Lucianna and says. "If you are new to drinking I advise caution. You need to drink some nutrient water when done to replenish your water and electrolytes or your performance tomorrow will suffer greatly." With that he feels he has covered enough and just sits back to see how the experience goes for her. While he has no interest in drinking himself, he loves to observe others and evaluate their performance.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela saunters in looking pleased with herself. There is a little smear of red around her lips that she brushes off with the back of her hand. She spots the others she's been traveling with quickly enough, though slows a step when she sees a couple of strangers with them. After that moment of consideration, she resumes her course and takes a seat from an empty table nearby to pull it up to the one everyone else is sharing.

"Who's this?" she asks coolly. "Rivals in the fight tomorrow? Or allies?" It's very hard to tell from her tone which she would prefer.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Fizzwaite Zipwidget wrote:Fizzwaite waves a hand towards Pentient, "Now Stabby here will most likely prefer to answer to the moniker Pentient if truth be told. He's from Wormwood you see and I believe they have their sense of humor removed at a young age."
"Actually, it survived until I stepped into the life vat cauldron and was reborn as an Apok. But I did get this fetching mask in exchange," Penitent says, his face betraying no emotion.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Her face lights up, literally and figuratively. "Aged honey? Oh, delightful! I have sampled aged grape juice, and it is a very liberating experience!" She begins with a sip that quickly turns into several large gulps. "Oh, my...I shall have to make this a regular choice of beverage! I believe I have found the point of happy, for I am still quite smart! I can also still feel my body. Death will not claim me this day or the next!"

Following Fizzwaite's introductions, she offers a bubbly and pleasant greeting to each one. She then receives the margarita. "This is a very different flavor than the aged honey, but, my, is it enjoyable! Thank you, Ash!"

She nods as Ndreare offers his reasonable input. "Yes. I shall add nutrient water to my beverages of choice for today. Does it taste as good as the aged honey or the margarita?"
She waves both of her drinks at Vela as she approaches. "You are Vela! I am Lucianna! I am competing with El Paso's Hope tomorrow, but I believe our mutual goal of the eradication of vampires makes us allies. Have you tried aged honey? Or margaritas? You can have some of mine!" She thrusts both beverages towards Vela with a smile.
Her smile fades as Penitent mentions the death of his sense of humor. "Oh, Stabby Penitent, that is awful! Is the mask you gained worth the cost? I see there is great magic in it."
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare answers. "No, unfortunatly they are almost all salty and poor tasting."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Mega Juicer and 4 of his friends come over seeing their contest for knives being ignored. The crowd seems a bit disappointed but aptly enthralled as to what might happen next.
The big Juicer wearing a T-shirt with everyone's favorite Apok on it, puts a large vat of Purple Margareta on the table with a thud. " The name is Raza, I am a big fan. Sorry about that puke back there..." He gestures to the man with a butter knife wound in his hand. " The boys and I were wondering if you could do us the honor to accept our challenge in a drinking game?" He seems nervous and lowers he voice a tad, " The Travelor Inn is the kind of place where challenges are accepted and issued. No one usually dies..." He points to the ceiling and the upper walls, they seem to be adorned by framed photo of past challenge winners from all sorts of "games".
The apt barkeep sets down enough glasses for all and nods to the score keeper at the far end of the bar.
The mega Juicer named Raza raises a glass as do all his friends, " So we all take a drink, down it all, and then repeat. The last one standing gives his comrades a reason to cheer and is immortalized forever!" He and his companions all dark a drink finishing the Margarita off.
Drinking Rules
Take a drink, roll your vigor, fail take a level of fatigue, 3 levels of fatigue and you pass out loosing.
  • Each drink past the first gives a cumulative -1 to your drinking roll.
  • Habit Drink or Liquid courage gives you a +2 to your vigor roll.
  • Any bonuses vs poisons give you that appropriate bonus
  • Immune to poisons allow you to ignore the penalties.
  • Each player has 1 drinking Benny :D to spend
4 juicers: [dice]0[/dice]
1 Mega Juicer: [dice]1[/dice] Wild [dice]2[/dice]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Drinking
Vigor - mead
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Vigor - mead
[dice]1[/dice]

Vigor - margarita
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Vigor - margarita
[dice]3[/dice]

Ace WD Vigor - margarita
[dice]4[/dice] -1 due to fatigue from mead = 8
Lucianna excitedly stomps her feet. "A game of drinks? I have two!" She follows the lead of the juicers and turns the mead mug upside down, followed closely by the margarita. She chokes a bit on the mead, but manages to drain the entire mug. She must be a quick study, because the whole margarita went down like a shot. "Oh, can we do that again? I feel very good, other than my stomach!"
Round 2 and beyond
Vigor, 3rd drink and 1 fatigue
[dice]5[/dice]

Drinking benny EE with Elan
[dice]7[/dice]

WD Vigor
[dice]6[/dice]

Vigor, 4th drink and 2 fatigue
[dice]8[/dice]

WD Vigor
[dice]9[/dice]
As Ashlyn orders a drink called tequila, Lucianna peers and sniffs at it. She watches the instructions intently. "Lick arm, salt, lick salt, drink, suck lime. I believe I understand, although it seems unnecessarily complex. Would it not be more efficient to simply partake of the salt directly? Unless there is some chemical in your arm that alters the composition of the salt, of course. Regardless, you are the teacher, and I the student. Let me try!" With that, she takes the salt shaker, grabs a hold of Ashlyn's arm and proceeds to drag her tongue across a patch of Ashlyn's skin at the inside of the elbow. She salts it, then licks Ashlyn's arm, throws the beverage down her throat...and nearly chokes. She struggles to get to the lime, coughing and hacking, but eventually manages to rip the heart of the fruit out and swallow it.
"Oh, merciful Varda, Lady of Lights...that is an atrocious beverage! That was a far less pleasant experience than the aged honey or the margarita! My stomach is rebelling against what has just happened. What...what sorcery have you performed? My, how the room does spin..."
As round 3 approaches, Lucianna is clearly doing quite poorly. She giggles at nothing, wobbles back and forth, and generally struggles to remain upright. "Oh, is it time to drink again? I would rather not, but I cannot violate the rules. Very well. I would like another aged honey, please." The mead drains down her throat. She gingerly places the mug back on the bar...and then proceeds to stumble wildly from the stool, collapsing onto the floor near the table, where she takes a bit of a rest.
Last edited by Lucianna on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Fizzwaite Zipwidget
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

"Pace yerself girl or you're going to be making a mess all over the floor or worse, me." Fizzwaite waves the barman over for a refill then with a salute to the Juicers slugs it down in one go.

"Buuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp" letting out a sizable belch he signals the barkeep to refill his stein. "Never let it be said that a Zipwidget does not rise to a challenge."
Drinking Game
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
1 level of fatigue

Vigor [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Vigor [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
-1 drinking bennie for extra effort
[dice]6[/dice]

Vigor [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]8[/dice]

2 levels of fatigue
Vigor [dice]9[/dice]
Wild [dice]10[/dice]
"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
Last edited by Fizzwaite Zipwidget on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

As the drinking game started, Ashlyn waved over the bartender. “Tequila. Bring bottle. Lime. Salt. Plenty glasses.” She smiled. “Luciana, I teach you drink tequila straight, the proper way. Maybe body shots later. Sir Pedro taught me that.”

When the bartender returned, he had a large bottle of tequila, a stack of glasses, a bowl of sliced limes, and a salt shaker. Ashlyn set up a line of glasses and poured tequila along the line.

“Okay, before you drink, you lick arm and put on salt,” she said, showing the magic girl. “Then lick salt, drink tequila, suck lime.” Ashlyn licked the salt from her hand, tossed back the tequila, gasped, and bit into the lime.

“Then repeat.”

Ashlyn set a good pace. Salt, lick, toss, suck. She made it through five shots before she started feeling it, her head lightening, the room going fuzzy. On the seventh, things started to spin. She took deep breaths, gripping the table to steady herself, then tossed back one more. That proved to be the final straw, and she slumped forward onto the table.

First shot 5 Success
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Second shot 8 Raise
-1 for second drink
Vigor [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Third shot 4 Success
-2 for third drink
Vigor [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]6[/dice]
Fourth shot 25 5 Raises
-3 for fourth drink
Vigor [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]8[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort [dice]9[/dice]
Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Ace [dice]11[/dice]
Ace [dice]12[/dice]
Fifth shot 0 Fail
-4 for fifth drink
Vigor [dice]13[/dice]
Wild [dice]14[/dice]
Sixth shot 7 Success
-5 for sixth drink
-1 Fatigue
Vigor [dice]15[/dice]
Ace [dice]17[/dice]
Wild [dice]16[/dice]
Seventh shot 0 Fail
-6 for seventh drink
-1 Fatigue
Vigor [dice]18[/dice]
Wild [dice]19[/dice]
Eighth shot -5 Fail
-7 for eighth drink
-2 Fatigue
Vigor [dice]20[/dice]
Wild [dice]21[/dice]
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

OOC Comments
I love bennies more than most. But unfortunately Ndreare is Cautious and would never willing get intoxicated in an unsafe place surrounded by warriors. I will have to lose this opertunity
Without his old gear the risk of getting drunk or losing control of himself is too high. Ndreare nods but says. "I will watch and make sure everyone stays honest. But I do not drink to intoxication."
Then using his True Sight he ensures he knows if anyone is cheating, although if it is one of his allies he will not reveal it. But he finds he is compelled to pay more attention to the rest of the room than the contest.
Notice 4, Detect Arcana
+2 with Sight, Body armor has optics package ignores 2 points of sight penalties.
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Drink, drank ...
#1 [dice]0[/dice] = 9, Success
#2 [dice]1[/dice] -1 = 8 Success
#3 [dice]2[/dice] -2 = 5 Success
#4 [dice]3[/dice] -3 =
Drankin' Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]4[/dice] = 7, Success
#5 [dice]5[/dice] -4 = Failure, 1 level of fatigue
Forgot Wild Die [dice]8[/dice]
#6 [dice]6[/dice] -6 = Failure, 2 levels of fatigue
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
#7 [dice]9[/dice] -8 = Failure, 3rd level of fatigue
Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]

Imp drinks, too! And he's immune to poison ...
#1 [dice]11[/dice] = Fail, 1 Fatigue
#2 [dice]12[/dice]-1 = Fail, 2 Fatigue
#3 [dice]13[/dice]-2 = Fail, 3 Fatigue
Penitent sits, unconvinced, for a moment, but decides to join in after the mystic calls for liquor.

"Tea-key-la? Is this some sort of herbal brandy?" he asks, as she pours out small glasses of the amber liquid.

The first taste of the liquor quickly disabuses him of the notion, and brings back unpleasant memories of the time he accidentally pierced the bladder of a demonic broodmare during a battle on Wormwood.

"Gah, that is foul," he says, motioning for his imp to sit on the table and assume a visible form. "Come, Karl, and taste this unholy concoction. Perhaps it will grow hair on that infernal skin of yours."

More shots of the hellish brew follow. The imp passes out after its third drink, head lolling over the edge of the table as the foul gas within its bloated belly begins to leak out, necessitating a change of tables before the contest can continue.

Penitent manages a fourth, fifth and sixth shot of the devil brew. Eyes crossed, he swallows a seventh shot before falling backward off the bench. Mumbling prayers and promising eternal damnation to the drink's creator, he manages to crawls under the table and pulls on his demon mask -- whose regenerative powers would ensure he woke none the worse for wear -- and pulls his cloak over his head before beginning to snore loudly.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn looked at Lucianna when she commented that he was silent. His eyebrows lifted upwards at her assumptions. He smiled widely at her. "I am called Grynn, with a 'y' and 2 'n's. It is not my real name. It is a nickname." He glanced over at Ashlynn and let out a small laugh. "No. We are not related nor have we had relations. She is beautiful, though, and seems to have a good heart. I thought this appropriate."

He peered intently and leaned closer to Ashlynn when she started 'educating' Lucianna regarding drinks and tequila. He tasted the unfamiliar words 'margarita' and 'tequila', filing them away. He frowned at Ndreare's words of caution, wondering if 'nutrient water' was some sort of magical substance to help with this apparently dangerous but much sought-after 'alcohol'.

A woman, Vela, wondered in and asked who the strangers were. He tilted his chin up but smiled at her nonetheless, eyes darkly glittering. "I am called Grynn. If you are allied with those at this table, then we are allies."

The Juicer came over and challenged them to a drinking game. Grynn grinned fiercely and thumped his human chest. "Challenge accepted!" He then stole at least one drink before he was given his own. He drank one shot quickly, but then began to drink more slowly. He licked the salt on Ashlynn one time when she wasn't quick enough to lick her own salt and then downed a shot of tequila.

After 4 drinks, he frowned slightly. While tasty, he was not feeling the seemingly good feeling or whatever wash over him. He seemed to be fine as well.
Drinking Game
Immune to Poisons.
Drink #1 (Vigor die [dice]0[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice].
Drink #2 (Vigor die [dice]2[/dice], Wild die [dice]3[/dice].
Drink #3 (Vigor die [dice]4[/dice], Wild die [dice]5[/dice]
Spending Drinking Benny for re-roll. (Vigor die [dice]8[/dice], Wild die [dice]9[/dice].
Drink #4 (Vigor die [dice]6[/dice], Wild die [dice]7[/dice].
Drink #5 (Vigor die [dice]10[/dice], Wild die [dice]11[/dice].
Drink #6 (Vigor die [dice]12[/dice], Wild die [dice]13[/dice].
Drink #7 (Vigor die [dice]14[/dice], Wild die [dice]15[/dice].
Drink #8 (Vigor die [dice]16[/dice], Wild die [dice]17[/dice].
Last edited by Grynn on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grynn
Character Summary
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:

Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:

Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn blushed when Grynn said she was beautiful. She gave him a shy smile. The alcohol loosened her up a bit more, though, and she shivered when Luciana licked salt from the inside of her elbow, smiling at the pretty magic girl. She even giggled when Grynn stole a lick of salt from her. She returned the favors, perhaps a bit more intimately than strictly necessary, thanks to the tequila, licking and salting their necks.

Luciana collapsed before her, and she was rather surprised when Penitent bowed out before she did, as well.

“No’ fair, Señor Hot Stuff,” she told Grynn, leaning against him. “You no effected. Dragon…” she murmured, before lying down in his lap.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

OOC Comments
Rolls edited in to previous post for the next 4 drinks, but then I realized I should respond to Ashlyn's post anyway so narrative fluff is here. At -2 fatigue after the 8th drink but still going semi-strong.
After about 6 drinks he was starting to feel...something. Tired? Things were a bit hazy. After his 8th drink, he could feel that things weren't right. He was a little loopy and looked over at Ashlynn when she spoke, a bit slurringly, at him. His eyebrows rose up. "Untrue. I do feel...something. It is..."

But she had passed out already. He gently poked her with one finger to her shoulder. She stirred and made a noise but did not awaken. "Hmm. Is she sleeping?" He didn't think he would make a very comfortable pillow. Well, perhaps this more squishy human form would.
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Not to be out done by all the drinks being drunk, one of the slighter smallish Juicers grabs several pitchers of purple Margareta and downs them trying to keep up.

Drink 2 [dice]0[/dice]

Drink 3 [dice]1[/dice] Fatigue

Drink 4 [dice]2[/dice]

Drink 5 [dice]3[/dice] Exhausted

Drink 6 [dice]4[/dice] Done!!

The rest of the juicer laugh and look to the large Mega one to see if he can go the distance!!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Crit Failure
Notice [dice]0[/dice], [dice]1[/dice]
Krys manages to stay out of all the contests; largely through the weight of her resting bitch face and the intimidatingly holy presence of her angelic companion. The two spend most of their time in quiet conversation. While they are not participating in the evening's contests, they seem to both be quite deep in their own cups. As the others begin to fall out, Serenia rises and moves over to the imp and touches it with actual holy power, trying to cure its ails, including its turbulent tummy. She finds its infernal nature works against her gentle magic, which simply elicits a shake of her head. She moves over to ease the suffering of Ashlyn and Grynn as well. Karmic balance seems to weigh out, and after a few moments more of trying, Serenia is softly chuckling to herself. She sits back down. "Karma, it would seem, wants them all to remain drunk and to deal with the outcome of their unwise actions. I'll try again in the morning. We should get them back to their rooms though."

Krys nods. "Agreed. You grab Grynn, I'll get Ashlyn. Everyone else can help the rest." With that, they rise, pay the tabs. It's then that the weight of their own drinks hits Krys. She shakes her head to clear it, grabs Ash, leaning her against her, and go to move them to their rooms. Serenia, the ore physically powerful of the two, has an easier time with Grynn.

Invocation [dice]2[/dice] for Succor
Invocation [dice]3[/dice] for Succor
Invocation [dice]4[/dice] for Succor
Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
Quick Stats
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn murmurs a bit in protest as Krysesia helps her up. “Madre de Dios! Cinco minutos más, Madre Superior,” she said. “Creo que Señor Pedro me emborrachó.”

They got back to Ashlyn’s room, where Wretched slept on the cot she had brought in for him, curled up with Blanca. The D’Norr didn’t wake up, but the puppy lifted her head to look at the two women.

Ashlyn smiled, leaning against Krysesia. “Ya sabes, eres muy bonita,” Ashlyn said. And then she kissed the beautiful blonde True Atlantean.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

With the drinking game finished Ndreare ensures that everyone's possessions make it back to their rooms and gives a nod of acknowledgement to those left in the room.
Closing out the tab for the night the bill hurts his dwindling resources. He will have to hit them up for repayment later.
Then he follows the Atlantean's request and helps get people sorted.
Notice, Detect Arcana, and Common Knowledge Rolls
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

(rolls held)

Krys neither leans into nor recoils from the kiss, merely accepting it. "As are you my dear. Sleep now." If Ash tries to push the issue, she merely shakes her head. She lays her down pulls her boots off and then covers her. She then heads out.
Quick Stats
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn watched as the Juicers tried to keep drinking but one by one they passed out. Finally only the Mega Juicer was left. Grynn drank more slowly but still continued to match drink for drink. Finally the Mega Juicer also went down. Grynn stood up from the table, far too quickly for his semi-inebriated state, arms raised in to the air with clenched fists....and almost toppled backwards. He barely caught himself, and stayed on his feet. "VICTORY! I am the undrunken master!"

He grinned widely at the True Atlantean and her Angel as they tried to 'help' him. "What? The contest is over, yes? I win fame and glory on the wall...or something? I can't remember exactly the prize. I am still quite functional, I assure you. I can almost walk in a straight line still." He chuckled at that.
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn smiled at Krysesia after the kiss. She looked about to say something more, and then fell over onto the bed, snoring softly.

Blanca looked up at the True Atlantean, as if to ask, “What did you do to her?” Then she jumped onto the bed, licked Ashlyn’s face, and curled up in the mystic’s arms.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

(rolls held)

Serenia offered him an arm none the less. "Then escort me as I make sure you make it to your room. Come brave dragon." The musical quality in her voice is quite entrancing to the inebriated mind and its slight reverb odd at all times, is just plain weird.

Krys gives the pup an affectionate rub on her head and makes sure Ashlyn's urchin is also covered, before heading out, locking the door behind her.
Quick Stats
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn inclined his head regally to Serenia and took her arm as they walked. "Of course! I am always happy to have an angelic presence by my side." He thought about something for a moment, which was visible on his face. "Are you....bound to Krysesia? Does she keep you here against your will, or do you serve her, or serve WITH her, willingly? Captivity and enslavement is a...sensitive subject with me, considering my recent circumstances, so I'm curious."
Notice
Notice die [dice]0[/dice]
Wild die [dice]1[/dice]
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

(rolls held)
Serenia's light laugh has that same reverb quality that is both musical and odd. Her smile, though, remains warm and friendly. "No, I help Krysesia because we are friends. And to return the favor. A few years ago the Splugorth found a way into our realm. So too, quite by accident, did Krysesia. She was mostly using elemental summons at the time, but she aided the defense of our realm from the Splugorth, and more importantly, aided me in eliminating the shifter who had opened the rift in. He'd done so by accident himself, and would of course be able to get back in any time he wished. So his elimination was vital to the security of the Realm of Light. Though ill equipped for the journey, Krysesia never wavered in her conviction to help us. As it turns out, the way she came was by her second rift ever. We kept her with us for a time, and she helped us rebuild as well. Our bodies, as you see them, are not the same here as there. I can reform this body at will, but my true form, not so much." To illustrate her wings become a flowing cape that hangs from her shoulder, made of some soft velvety cloth. Moments later she reforms them to folded wings like they were. "She and I became close friends, and spent many weeks together. She formally made a contract with me, and several others from our home. But while her contract demands us to answer, it does not demand obedience. She once told me an aunt of hers fell to that trap, and her corruption eventually made her become banished from her home. She doesn't speak of it often." She gives the dragon a squeeze on the arm. "No, I doubt she could compel me if she tried. But I doubt she would willingly or without great need. If she ever tries, we'll have to have a long talk that will involve the need for healing afterwards." There is a stern iron-ness to her resolve as she says the last bit. "But she understands that friendship, love, and family is the greatest magic in the megaverse." This last comment brings a smile to her face.

She gives the dragon a kiss on the cheek as they arrive to his door. "Good night fiery one. Sleep well." After his own goodbyes, she turns to head back to the room she and Krys share. As she walks in, her wings melt into her back and her clothes and armor fade into comfortable silk clothing. She flops into the bed beside her friend. "So I was asked if you command me against my will."

Krys glances over at her friend, stripping from her armored clothing, preparing for bed. "And?" There's a tone of sternness that is commonly heard in Krys' voice.

"I answered no, of course. No one commands me against my will, Ma'am." She winks as he turns off the light.
Quick Stats
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn listened intently and with interest in what the angel had to say. For a brief moment, the thought flitted across his mind that of course, a slave told to respond in such a manner would say the same thing - however, the way in which Serenia spoke and the fondness in her voice as she recalled some of the memories made it clear to Grynn that such was not the case. Or at least, he didn't believe it to be the case. She seemed to genuinely believe what she said and believed in Krysesia.

He smiled at her. "It gladdens me to hear this. Seeing such as you being chained would be disheartening." He gave her a small bow. "Have a pleasant evening."
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Return to “Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms”