Code: Select all
[OOC=Notice X] Leben Notice Roll: Invalid dice code! Notice Wild Die: Invalid dice code! [/OOC]
RANK: Novice EXPERIENCE: 5 ADVANCES REMAINING: 0
ICONIC FRAMEWORK: Mystic
RACE: True Atlantean
AGE: 25 HEIGHT: 5’ 4” WEIGHT: 130 lbs
ATTRIBUTES: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d6
CHARISMA: +0; PACE: 6; PARRY: 5; TOUGHNESS: 11 (5)
P.P.E.: 19 I.S.P.: 10
- Fighting d6 (2)
- Mysticism d12 (3)
- Notice d8+2 (4)
- Psionics d8 (2)
- Stealth d6 (2)
- Survival d6 (2)
- Burdened by Destiny: True Atlanteans have many advantages. As such reduce their hero’s journey rolls by one - player’s choice as to which one.
- Cannot Be Transformed: The same alchemical treatments that give the True Atlantean race it’s longevity and many abilities also lock them into their single form. They may not use any power that physically changes the shape of the wielder. The Skellian Clan in Manoa has developed a class of shaping tattoos (which encompass the body in a fake body), but those are largely unavailable to anyone outside that city/clan.
- Cyber Resistant: Cyberware doesn’t work for this race. The race cannot take any Iconic Framework which includes cybernetics as an inherent ability (including the bio-comp system needed to be a Juicer) nor may they roll on the Cybernetics Benefits Table (see page 135).
- Duty to their Clan: Duty to their clan, and to the MegaVerse at large, is stressed to all True Atlanteans at an early age. As a result all True Atlanteans are beholden to their clans and elders. They cannot receive more magical tattoos without access to their clan’s alchemists. This counts as a major vow hindrance.
- Duty to the Megaverse: Heroic - Leben will not leave a person in need, no matter the personal cost.
- History Writ In Blood: The long war between Atlanteans and Vampires, and the current occupation of their homeland, means they are actively hunted by both the minions of the Splugorth (particularly the vile Sunaj) and by the Vampiric hordes. In conflicts with either group, a known True Atlantean will be targeted above all others, and if either group learns of a True Atlantean in an area where they operate, they will alter plans immediately to ensure the True Atlantean's destruction.
- Arcane Duality: The two arcane backgrounds are completely separate with respect to edges.
- Cybernetics: Any cybernetics interfere with arcane abilities.
- Enemies: Mystics are equally illegal and reviled in the Coalition and the True Federation of Magic.
- Higher Standard: Code of Honor (as taught by the cyber-knights)
- Small (Major): -1 Toughness
- Cautious (Minor): Character is overly careful
- Quirk (Minor): Vegetarian, not only does Leben abstain from meat, he is noticeably off put by seeing others eat meat and can’t help but make awkward expressions or look away when he sees people eat meat.
- Languages: Begins with Atlantean,, Trade 4, and Spanish (Mexican dialect).
- Ageless: Due to ancient and ongoing alchemical changes, True Atlanteans do not age at the normal rate after they become 25 years old. They can live 500 years or more.
- Alchemically Tough: Toughness +1
- Marks of Heritage: Magic tattoos denote heritage. All True Atlanteans bear the "Marks of Heritage," a pair of magic tattoos on each wrist. The marks are always the same, a tattoo of a heart impaled by a wooden stake (no blood) on the right wrist for protection from vampires and a flaming sword tattoo to create a magic M.D.C. weapon on the left wrist. The tattoos are placed on an Atlantean child at age five or six. The clan's crest may be part of the sword's hilt. These "Marks of Heritage" are magic tattoos.
- Operate Dimensional Pyramids: As one of the original builders of pyramids, almost all True Atlanteans can activate these wonders of magical construction. Use Common Knowledge rolls to accomplish this.
- Sense Ley Lines: This is identical to the ability of the ley line walker to innately sense and get information about ley lines. If the hero chooses the Ley Line Walker Iconic Framework this racial ability instead grants an additional 10 P.P.E.
- Sense Vampires: Millennia of conflict with vampires have left the race well equipped to notice them. True Atlanteans can roll Notice to detect any vampires within line of sight.
- Spirited: All members of the race start with d6 Spirit Attribute.
- Arcane Background (Miracles): Mystics begin with four starting powers, and 15 PPE. They also have the Mysticism skill at d8.
- Arcane Background (Psionics): As a minor psionic, a Mystic begins with three powers (from restricted list) and 10 ISP. He also has a beginning Psionics skill of d6.
- Cosmic Confluence: Not only do Mystics enjoy the unique capacity to possess two Arcane Backgrounds, they are able to interchange their I SP and PPE as needed. A Mystic can sacrifice two ISP to use as one PPE, and vice versa. Power Points shifted like this must be used at the moment they are exchanged, they cannot be shifted and then simply stored. For example, if a Mystic shifts 4 PPE in order to gain 2 ISP, he must immediately use those points of ISP to enact a psionic power.
- Master of Magic: Mystics have the Master of Magic Edge, gaining Mega Powers for all their known powers. They also have the Rapid Recharge Edge, though it only applies to their PPE recovery (not ISP).
- Mystic Awareness: Mystics have powerful extrasensory perception and attunement, granting them the Alertness and Danger Sense Edges, as well as the use of detect arcana at will, costing no PPE or ISP, as a free action. They can also sense powerful supernatural beings with a Notice check, anywhere within line of sight.
- Spiritual Channel: Constantly in contact with spirits, and possibly divine messengers of his faith, a Mystic can use the divination power without using ISP or PPE. Each time he uses it, he must make a Vigor roll to resist gaining a level of Fatigue. Each subsequent use of the power imposes a cumulative −1 penalty on the Vigor check until he gets a full night’s rest (eight hours). It is possible for a Mystic to Incapacitate himself with this ability. Fatigue levels gained from Spiritual Channel can only be recovered with eight hours of rest (succor cannot restore). Mystics have access to communion but activate it normally with 10 PPE.