Caleb Cain

Caleb Cain, MARS Headhunter

Post by Caleb Cain »

Heroes Journey
Underworld 1d20: [13] = 13
Training 1d20: [6] = 6
Underworld 1d20: [4] = 4

Fortune and Glory
Fortune & Glory 2d20: [9, 19] = 28 (VV note: Edited a typo in the roll notation and it re-rolled, original was 9, 8)
Caleb Cain, Private Eye
Caleb Cain

Re: Caleb Cain, MARS Headhunter

Post by Caleb Cain »

Caleb Cain

Seasoned Male Human, MARS Headhunter Techno-Warrior, and Private Eye

Iconic Framework: MARS Headhunter Techno-Warrior

Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6+2, Electronics d6+2, Fighting d10+2, Hacking d6+2, Intimidation d8+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d6+2, Persuasion d4-1, Research d4+2, Shooting d8, Stealth d6, Thievery d4+1
Pace: 6; Parry: 8; Toughness: 15 (6)
Strain: 7/14
Hindrances: Driven (major, Finish the job), Ugly (minor), Vengeful (minor)
Edges: Brawny, Danger Sense, Dirty Fighter, Investigator, Iron Jaw, Menacing, Nerves of Steel, Soldier, Streetwise, Thief, Upgradeable
Armor: Bushman Medium EBA (Armor 6)
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2), NG-LG6 Laser Rifle & Launcher (Range 24/48/96, Damage 4d6, ROF 1, AP 2), Survival Knife (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4), Vibro-Shortsword (Range Melee, Damage Str+d8, AP 8, M.D.C.), Wooden Stakes (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: NG-S2 Survival Pack, Wooden Cross
Language: American (native, d8)
Current Wealth: 0 cr

Special Abilities
  • Core Electronics Package (1 strain, Custom): A computer with universal jack—grants +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, and Repair rolls. Radio (20-mile range), gyro-compass, clock-calendar. CEP is required for all other mods in this category.
  • Optics Package (1 strain, Custom): Ignore Illumination Penalties, grants +2 to all sight- based Notice checks and versus blinding flashes and effects.
  • Expanded Detection and Security Array (2 strain, Custom): 360 degree radar, sonar, and motion detectors grant +2 Notice and the Danger Sense Edge.
  • Lockpick Fingers (1 strain, Custom): Grants +2 to all Thievery (lockpicking) checks.
  • Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring (1 strain, Custom): Grants +2 to all Fighting checks and +1 Parry, requires Cyber-Wired Reflexes.
  • Cyber-Wired Reflexes (1 strain, Custom): Raise Agility one die step
  • Languages Known: American (native, d8)
  • Headhunter Techno-Warrior Edges: Begin with the Iron Jaw, Soldier, and Upgradeable Edges.
  • 4 Advances: MARS Packages start with 4 advances at Seasoned
  • Hacker (Hero's Journey): +1 when dealing with electronic security using Thievery

Cyberware
  • Core Electronics Package (1 strain, Custom): A computer with universal jack—grants +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, and Repair rolls. Radio (20-mile range), gyro-compass, clock-calendar. CEP is required for all other mods in this category.
  • Optics Package (1 strain, Custom): Ignore Illumination Penalties, grants +2 to all sight- based Notice checks and versus blinding flashes and effects.
  • Expanded Detection and Security Array (2 strain, Custom): 360 degree radar, sonar, and motion detectors grant +2 Notice and the Danger Sense Edge.
  • Lockpick Fingers (1 strain, Custom): Grants +2 to all Thievery (lockpicking) checks.
  • Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring (1 strain, Custom): Grants +2 to all Fighting checks and +1 Parry, requires Cyber-Wired Reflexes.
  • Cyber-Wired Reflexes (1 strain, Custom): Raise Agility one die step

Advances
Novice Advances
  • Edge: Streetwise
  • Raise Attribute: Strength
  • Raise Skills: Stealth/Fighting
Seasoned Advances
  • Edge: Dirty Fighter
Current Load (normal/combat): 61.25 / 41.25 (101)
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Rifts®: Arcana and Mysticism, Rifts®: Blood and Banes, Rifts®: Empires of Humanity, Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America, Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Players Guide, Rifts®: Tomorrow Legion Field ManualSetting Rules: Born a Hero, Born a Hero includes Powers, Character Frameworks, Cyberware Tab, Rifts® M.D.C., Strain Characteristic (for Cyberware), Super StrengthValidity: Character appears valid and optimal

Created with Savaged.us
Caleb Cain, Private Eye
Caleb Cain

Re: Caleb Cain, MARS Headhunter

Post by Caleb Cain »

Background

Name's Caleb Cain, some people call me "Chop" on account of what happened to my face in the chop shop. Well, one guy did once. I broke his legs.

Ran the streets in Ishpeming as an errand boy for the network, then got framed by my crew and left out to dry. Did three years of forced service for Northern Gun instead of jail time. Hooked on with their repo squad, turns out I was good at finding people and things. After I finished my stint I went and found that old crew and showed them a few things too.

So here I am, you want to find somebody I'm your guy. You want to make sure somebody ain't found. I'm your guy for that too.

A former black market operator and repo man for Northern Gun Caleb Cain knows his way around the streets. He can get into and out of places you aren't supposed to and take care of himself when the going gets tough. After the war on Tolkeen he was part of the Tomorrow Legion's underground network that helped d-bees and other higher priority targets flee the Coalition occupation.
Caleb Cain, Private Eye

Return to “Archived Recruits”