Group Overview

CLOSED
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Group Overview

Post by hobo joe »

Group Overview
It’s an unfortunate name, but one that has stuck. The Murder Hobos are not murderers, they could possibly be considered hobos. They are a far flung Community Outreach Team from Castle Refuge. Few members of the original team are left, many have returned home, more than a few have died. Their numbers are bolstered by like minded individuals looking for some purpose or drive. The mission of the Murder Hobos, the 4th COT, is to journey south. The intelligence on the Pecos Empire is mostly CS propaganda. The Legion leadership thinks there is more to these raiders than the CS would have everyone believe. Ultimately, making contact there is the goal.

However, if a team could have the unlucky trait, it would be these guys.

Why Murder Hobos?
Community Outreach Team 4 started out like most Legion teams, highly motivated, hearts full of hope, and a strong belief in their mission. It didn’t last long. The team was decimated early on, leaving the once shiny group looking terrible. They sought refuge in a quiet town. Again, bad luck followed. A gunfight ensued, the city was all but destroyed. One survivor, a mother clutching the body of her dead son, screamed at the “heroes” through choking sobs that they were nothing but “murdering hobos”. As penance, the team began to use the name. It was either that or the Lucky 13th. But noone felt lucky.

Adventure Types
The adventures will be somewhat “monster of the day” building up to the intrigue on just what exactly are the Pecos Raiders? Vampires will also be a recurring villain, at some point seeking out the master or primary nest will need to be a goal. I plan on using source material from the New West Rifts Worldbooks.
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Group Overview

Post by hobo joe »

Group Composition:
Bronze, Mercy and George are the remaining original members. Carlos was picked up along the way. Others will be add ons as the group gains characters.
Jessica Bronze

Re: Group Overview

Post by Jessica Bronze »

From Jessica Bronze's Personal Log:

So it went like this. I trained with an older power armor pilot. We found an avenue to translate my martial arts training into a defensive melee with the GB suit. He taught me the basics of firing the boom gun. Dig in, line up the target and let her rip. I wish he would have also taught me restraint... I got assigned to the COT 4th, folks generally respect a Glitter Boy and folks need backup. A perfect fit that would end in disaster. The first mission. We made nice with some folks from Braston, a big town full of the latest hub-bub. A group of pecos raiders zoomed in on their hover bikes terrorizing the local militia. But it was just a ploy, a group of bandits came in more stealthily on foot prepared to steal the food stores. My sensors did not mis them. The COT responded. We had them cornered in a building with children inside. There was an abondoned building next door. The plan was simple the COT 4th head in save the children, run the bandits into the abandoned building and I blow them away. Everything went according to plan until I held my breath and fired. I'll never live it down... I don't know what happened, a technical difficulty Chief Ellie said at my debriefing...My targeting scanners selected the building with the children and COT 4th members. Boom! There was nothing left of them. Alshley, Divon, Turge, Qill, Micael, Avery, Aele, Vastal. Sargent Sheen, Diplomat Saraway, the twins Peeter and Petri Rominov. All gone before I could exhale. It was just dumb luck Mercy and George were helping the militia elsewhere. Murder Hobo is right. I will never forget that mom, holding her dead child, screaming at me...
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
  • Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8
Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: 4th COT - Murder Hobos”