The Mayor's House

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

The Mayor's House

Post by Corrigon »

THE MAYOR’S HOUSE
Lithari lives in the largest building in town. Her actual living quarters are no more luxurious than anyone else’s, but her house has an addition built on with a room which
functions as a meeting hall. The mayor's house is the closest thing Garnet Town has to a city hall. This is where judgments are made, important decisions are debated, and where folk can appeal to the mayor’s authority.
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: The Mayor's House

Post by Savant »

Savant helps the Mayor get home, and get settled. "Sorry I'm not much for first aid. But I can help Von cook you some lunch, if you like." If this plan meets with approval, she'll go with Von into the kitchen and start whipping up some soup--and, while they are doing so, some conversation. "Okay, Von, as carefully as you can, I want you to tell me everything that happened before you met us. Where you were, what you were doing, all of it. Okay?"
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: posts for games

Post by Corrigon »

Savant helps the Mayor get home, and get settled. "Sorry I'm not much for first aid. But I can help Von cook you some lunch, if you like." If this plan meets with approval, she'll go with Von into the kitchen and start whipping up some soup--and, while they are doing so, some conversation. "Okay, Von, as carefully as you can, I want you to tell me everything that happened before you met us. Where you were, what you were doing, all of it. Okay?"

Lithari lay back in a seat, her leg raised up slightly and resting on a table. The bandages on her leg showed some sign of bleeding, but nothing too heavy.

Von blinks. “Oh, yeah!” He says excitedly. “Just before you guys showed up, I was looking at something in the river. Something big and black under the water. I didn’t really get a good look at
it, and I kind of forgot in all the craziness that came afterwards.”

Pushing the door to the kitchen aside, Von rubs the head of a previously hidden bird statue in the kitchen
“For luck!” he tells Savant.
OOC Comments
Take a benny as I hit you with one of your hindrances
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

She is listening and nodding as he speaks. "Where, exac--" and then she cuts off as her voice dies in her throat at the sight of the bird-statue. Her voice drops to a low rasp. "No! You must get rid of that false idol immediately! Birds do not bring luck, they steal souls, and spy for the enemy!" She backpedals away from the kitchen, breathing heavily, hand twitching a few inches above the hilt of her sword, ready to go full-on berserker if the 'statue' so much as twitches at her.
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]

(+2 for Crazy, +2 for Alertness, -2 for Phobia, and I'm dying here.... :lol: Though I suppose it could've been worse--it could've been a pet parakeet.)
Savant
Stat Block
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Von looked around all confused before dropping to the floor, in case of attack.

"Wait, what's going on?"
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

"The birds.". Her voice is now a hiss. "They are agents of darkness. Never trust a bird or let one in your home. Do you understand me?"
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Von looked at Savant somewhat freaked out as he pushed the door to cover up the bird.
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild notice [dice]1[/dice]

Spirit [dice]2[/dice]
Wild spirit [dice]3[/dice]
She takes a long, ragged breath, then continues to whisper to him. "The creature might still hear us. Can you draw me a map to where you saw the thing in the river from the bridge? My friends and I can investigate there. In the meantime, you should wait until nightfall, then quietly remove that edifice from your home. Smash it if you can. You will be protecting your mother." She nods at him, smiling reassuringly.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Von looked at him and at the statue, confused and nervous.

"It was in the river, only about a mile away from where you rescued me."

He looked at the door covering the statue.

"uhmm, I'll talk to mum."
GM bennies 6/8
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Savant nods in earnestness. "Good, it is very important that you do so." A smile. "I should return to my comrades; we may be able to use that information to rescue the townsfolk. Will you and your mother be okay here?" Her... well, not her gaze, but her face... gestures to the door, meaningfully.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Von nodded, still eyeing the door and the statue behind it.
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

She gives him a quick, fierce hug, and then calls out to the Mayor. "Your son has given me some information I need to get to my compatriots, Madame Mayor. Von can see to your needs, and rest assured, my people will do everything in our power to bring yours safely home." And she slips out the door, heading back towards the Square to see how the others are faring--only scanning the skies once or twice on the way.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:

Return to “Garnett Town”