Cornell's Tent

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Cornell's Tent

Post by Corrigon »

Towards the west end of town is a plain military tent, pitched on a small rise of land with a good view of the surroundings. Near the tent is a small generator and some sophisticated-looking sensor equipment.
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Cornell's Tent

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild notice [dice]1[/dice]
notice ace [dice]2[/dice]
wild notice ace [dice]3[/dice]
notice total 10
wild notice total 11

attempts to identify the sensor equipment
knowledge (electronics) [dice]4[/dice]
wild knowledge (electronics) [dice]5[/dice]
Mica approached the tent and takes a good look around at all the equipment, also trying to spot how much movement has been through here. She takes a look at the sensor equipment but keeps her distance to seem like she is not being too nosy.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Lieutenant Cornell exited the tent and walked over to his equipment, tweaking it slightly and beginning to compare some results before noticing Mica’s presence.

“Welcome,” he smiled in a friendly manner, “what brings the Tomorrow Legion over to visit me?”
OOC Comments
The sensor equipment appears to be similar to what you would find in your vehicles, capable of picking up a wide wavelength of energy signatures.
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
"Hello. Just taking a look around." She looks around the encampment.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Lieutenant Cornell looked at her for a second, before turning his head back to his equipment, adjusting one of the dials.

“There is not much to see at the moment. It will be far more impressive once Garnet Town joins the Coalition States. Are you and your companions planning to leave soon? I cannot imagine there is much here that would interest a squad of mercenaries.”

OOC Comments
Notice
Success – he is not mocking you, but is being curious about your team in a roundabout way.
Raise – he seems to want to speak to you about something, but is trying to gauge your motives first
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
Mica seems slightly annoyed by the statement made by Cornell. "We are not mercenaries. We fight for the cause to bring hope to the world. To defend against the tyranny of others." She brightens up talking about the goals of the Tomorrow Legion.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Cornell smiled wryly as you didn't take the bait and rubs his jaw, apparently deciding something.

"I have heard about the Tomorrow Legion and wanted to check you were whom you claimed. I've been surveying the town and the surrounding area for a few days now and I have picked up some unusual readings."

The Coalition officer looks at you. "Time to lay the cards on the table. Something's fishy about these Black Market thugs attacking the town. I've been thinking about investigating it, but I'm just one man ... but if we team up, we can actually do something about it."

Cornell holds out a gauntleted hand towards you. "Tell you what, I'll give you the data my systems have picked up, and in return, I'd like to tag along with you when you go after them."
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild notice ace [dice]2[/dice]

notice total 8

not sure how to communicate with the other team members via radio.
Listens to the request. "I'll have to contact my team leader about that. One moment" She walks a short distance away and opens a radio channel to Penny.

"Hey Penny. Cornell has been collecting data with some scanning devices. He thinks there is something weird going on with the Black Market thugs. He is willing to share his data but he wants to tag along when we go after the Black Market."
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice[dice]1[/dice]
"With you in a second - " replies Penny to Mica, a little hastily, as she tried to smooth oil over troubled waters.
Mica looks back over to Cornell. "It seems this may take some time to get an answer. Something might be going on in town."
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Cornell gave a wry smile, as he adjusted the sensor equipment again.

"Being put on hold by your superiors is par for the course I find. Let's hope none of your friends have started any trouble. The Mayor has threatened to evict any party who starts any violence."
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
Walks back over to Cornell. "Let's hope nothing violent started then. So what are you scanning for, if you don't mind me asking?"
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Cornell looked up at her and smiled at Mica's interest

"Not all. I am scanning for a wide variety of things. These include energy signatures, some ecological scans to determine suitability for certain types of crops, even air quality. This can help determine exactly what resources are deployed. For instance, there is a lot of grassland that would be suitable for farming. and bringing people from the burbs out here." He punched up a few results to show her, explaining some of the results.
OOC Comments
He is babbling a little bit. There is some extra benefit to Mica having very attractive.
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice[dice]0[/dice]
wild notice[dice]1[/dice]

Mica smiles back at Cornell. "So you are looking to see if this place can be setup to help the bigger cities?"
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

"Probably," Cornell replied, "my superiors will have some idea what role they for Garnet Town. Well, at least us Grunts like to hope so. Do you think your superior will be long in responding to you?"

He looked at Mica closely, taking note of her military bearing.

"It strikes me that you served somewhere. May I ask where?"
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice[dice]0[/dice]
wild notice[dice]1[/dice]
"I have no clue, they have probably forgotten already, is my guess." Mica glances towards the town for a momment as she said this.

She then looks back to Cornell. "I am... was part of a military force to retake the Earth from hostile alien invaders."
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Lieutenant Cornell stopped and stared at Mica for a moment, eyes narrowing slightly.

“You are not from around here are you?” he asked slightly more warily

Penny Wise wrote:"Thanks, Savant, I appreciate it." Penny flipped over to the call fro Mica. "Yo?"
Your comlink burst to life as Penny called you.
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
ace notice [dice]2[/dice]
ace wild notice [dice]3[/dice]
double ace wild notice [dice]4[/dice]

notice roll total: 13
Mica starts to answer, "I'm from...." as her commlink lights up. "Oh there's Penny. Give me a minute." She turns on her commlink, "Hey Penny. Cornell is willing to share his data from his systems if he can tag along when we go after the Blackmarket."
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

“Perhaps it would be best if I addressed your team in person?” Cornell asked Mica.

He walked back into his tent and returned with a helmet under his left arm and a rifle strapped to his back.
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
"That would probably be best at this point." As Mica waits for Cornell to get his stuff she radio's Penny, "We're gonna come meet the team."

Return to “Garnett Town”