Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Thrudh Zebrem Interludes

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Second Quarter
OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice]
Thrudh takes another drink from an oversized...OVERSIZED mug of the strongest beer on tap. Another pull off of a massive cigar that smells, actually, rather sweet. He continues talking to whoever might be listening at the bar. "Yeah, nothin' goes with a good cigar like beer. 'cept maybe another cigar. An' another beer." The spoken shorthand seems to get lazier as the beer runs out.

He blows what might seem to an observer like the 100th smoke ring. A more astute observer might get the impression that he simply loved the act of breathing. The smoke seems to be added flavor for the breath itself.

"Yeah, I'll tell ya. Ain't in this game f'rever. Day gonna come where I'll just power up Eleanor and roll. Not much a grackle can't do with enough credits...maybe a little firepower, too...and a set of wheels. There's a word fer it."

Smoke ring 101. Or 1001. He admires it like it's the first one he's ever blown, and savors it like it's his last.

"Freedom."

The word delights him. The concept pulls at him.

"One day I'll hit the road. Just drive. I ain't sayin' I been everywhere an' I done everything. But I'm gonna try. It's a pretty amazin' world, this one. Balls a' fire, ain't even seen all a' this lump a' land. Gonna drive it. Coast to coast. Bet the water on one side's different 'n the other side."

Thrudh smiles, and draws what looks like the last puff of this cigar.
Smoke ring 102.
The smile melts away from his face, ever so slightly.

"Lotta miles 'tween now 'n then, though. An' a lotta nasty jokers. Ain't safe fer nobody. If it ain't safe, it ain't free. While I got breath, might as well do my part ta make it better. An' balls a' fire. If I can pile up some credits doin' that, might as well. An' yank my tail if workin' fer the Black Comp'ny don't pay a sight better'n any jokers out there, an' doin' better work, too."

Thrudh finishes the mug of beer and the cigar at the same time. He mashes the last stump of the cigar into a nearby ashtray. Sliding the mug back to the bartender with a nod for a refill, he reaches into his pocket...for another cigar.

"Don't touch my tail, kid."
OOC Comments
[dice]1[/dice]
GM Note
Adventure card: Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
Last edited by Thrudh Zebrem on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Re: Thrudh Zebrem Interludes

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Third Quarter

1d4 (2)

Thrudh remained silent as the Iron Tic was hoisted onto the pyre. His cigar burned. Oddly, he doesn't draw on it.
"Ain't always 'bout buryin' or burnin' friends. I got a feelin' we'll come outta this on the right side. I might have rotten luck, but things seem ta turn right in the end."

The cigar continues to burn.

"I remember once, when Eleanor was new ta me. I'd just cleaned her up, put a few touches on her ta fit me just right. Thought I 'bout lost her. I was runnin' a bigtime vault job. Feds had a stash a' Tee Dub gems and whatnot locked up in a hidden vault. Well, if the cred's right, ya can't keep me out. So I'm in this tiny burg east a' the 'sippi river. Fed territory. I got Eleanor parked a bit away, so's not ta draw looks. Small crew got me inta where the thing was put. Had a bunch a' magic slapped on it ta hide it, but the crew that hired me sent me with some kinda magicky type, an' he blew through the spell."

The cigar burns. The ash gets longer.

"I laid this sweet little charge, shaped so's it went boom all in the door. Ya coulda stood there nekked and not had ta brush a bit a' dust off yer shoulder. No shrapnel. Just clean. Cut the door slick, so's all ya had ta do was lay it down. Well, the jokers coverin' me got all giddy 'bout the loot and forgot ta check our backs. Buncha feds rolled in right after us and had us locked down. But Thrudh don't go nowhere without takin' a little extra."

The glow of the cigar is now hidden by ash.

"So I blow a hole out the side a' this vault. That one weren't so clean, but the feds weren't exactly givin' me time ta work. So I'm out the door I made and those chuckleheads are still in there tryin' ta figure out whether ta grab the loot or get out alive. But that ain't what I was paid for. I got 'em in, and then I got gone. But the feds knew not ta come light. There was a crew hummin' around Eleanor. They thought they had me dead ta rights. I was a little more careful than this time with that livin' dead grackle, an' had a trap all boobied up fer anyone that wanted ta hang around my new baby. I lit it up, but it weren't so clean that I didn't ding her up. I jumped in and punched it, tryin' ta leave."

The smoke dwindles. Thrudh still hasn't puffed.

"Some big nasty summoned thing. Somethin' outta a rift. Thing was standin' there in my way, chargin' me. Thing was huge. Bigger'n Eleanor. She wasn't gunned up yet, so all I had was me and my wheels. So I punched it. It was a dumb move, but it's all I could think of. I bet if I tried it today, I'd roll her. But I guess, as the fella says, 'fortune favors the bold.' I think he forgot 'and stupid.' I got her up ta a good clip, and when that puppy started ta lunge, I whipped her 'round. Back end clipped its front legs, knocked it inta the dirt. Near tore the back end offa my girl. Thing screamed bloody murder, but my girl held together enough fer me ta punch it and spit a ton a' dirt in its face as I high tailed it outta there."

The cigar looks as if it has gone out.

"Yeah, that job paid me enough ta cover the repairs on Eleanor and start gettin' some real armament put on her. Don't know what happened to those jokers who were supposed ta clean out the vault. But it ain't my worry. They weren't my team. Just a job."

Thrudh draws deeply on his cigar, the flame inside roaring to life, the ash falling to the ground with the force of his drag.

"This is my team. I'm in this ta the end. I'm gonna miss the Tic, but he went out 'bout like I 'spect he would want to. Satisfied. We should all be so lucky."

Smoke circles.

"Here's to ya, Tic. If there's a hereafter, we'll see ya there. Just not yet. Too much livin' ta be done, and too much ta set right 'fore we go out. This one's fer you."
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10