Archived Interludes

Iron Tic

Iron Tic Interludes

Post by Iron Tic »

SECOND QUARTER
OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice]Interlude
It was a hot frackin' day. The city had a bit of a buz going through it, people were talking and flocking in. The small scrawny quick-flex had always looked up to the jucier ideals. Trading in your long life for power to affect real change was amazing. Who would dare sully this ideal with the promise of long life, it sounded far out. Too far out for this quick-flex to stomach. So what did he do? He grabbed a pre-rift sign that read Don't tread on me and stood outside one of the conversion clinics preaching to his heroes that they needed nothing from no one. " You juicers are just perfect, long life is not satisfaction!". The gaurds at the clinic knocked him aside and bashed him in the stomach. So strong was his desire to let his heros know they did not need this fabled conversion, that despite a beating he would come back every day emboldened that his cause was righteous.
With a broken arm, and spleen damaged beyond repair he still came back chanting, " Hell no do not go!". Smack came the rifle but into his face forever damaging his right eye. Crack, another shot to the gut. Through the pain and blood he saw a juicer get out of line, shake his head and move on. The young quick-flex did it! His passion and desire saved a hero. He swore he would come back each day and get more of his heros to say on the heroic path. So he did until he lost concious and was put into a coma by one of the gaurds. Even then the gaurds put his sign on his unmoving body so that his message still might get out. That was nice of them.
OOC Comments
[dice]1[/dice]
Pace: 20 d12 running die; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 20(6)
After 1st round: quick, -2 to hit
Combat edges: split the seconds(extra action no map, can be repeat action), battle hardened(+2 soak)
Current powers active: none.
Bennies: 1 spent:5
Red Bennie:1
OOC Comments
-Soak damage from skeleton underneath bar.
+1 Bennie for joker draw
-reroll on gaining gun from borg
+2 from joker draw
-damage reroll on cs commanderin nexus room
- fear extra effort
- nexus maw reroll
Karchev

Karchev Interludes

Post by Karchev »

[dice]0[/dice]

3 Months earlier

Karchev sat down hard on the rock, breath escaping in labored heaves from his lungs. Blood trickled down his face and arms from the numerous wounds we had sustained in the last 20 minutes. His leg was starting to burn slightly from where a laser blast had just barely kissed his skin. However he was faring much better than those bodies that surrounded him.

Sprawled on the ground were 5 bodies wearing the classic style of deadboy armor. Ice partially one of the soliders, which had assisted Karchev with slaying him. The others wear simply shot up from laser fire and his iceblast shotgun. He had not intended to kill any of them, in fact he was trying to help.

Not far from where he sat was the body of a large humanoid. He wasn’t sure what it was called, but it was nearly twice the size of a man with 4 arms. From what Karchev had been able to learn, this creature had been terrorizing the local villages. In fact before he arrived it had slain 5 other CS soldiers and their dogboy. It had already serious wounded and was going to kill the 5 other CS soldiers when he had arrived and send 2 power magical blasts at the creature. Karchev’s magic completely destroyed one arm and send the creature to its knees. The CS soldiers were able to finish it off with concentrated fire. Then they turned their rifles on him.

“Hey guys, no need for that. I’m one of you, I’m a good guy” Karchev said holding his arms up in surrender. That is when they fired.
Luckily Karchev had placed his armor spell on himself before engaging the 4 armed monster. He was hit multiple times, but none of the hits were serious. He tried to talk the CS soldiers down, but they would never respond. He was forced to defend himself with his weapons, for he would never kill a CS solider with his magic.

“When will they learn we are must stronger working together then against each other?” Karchev thought as he took down one of the already wounded soldiers.

OOC Comments
Card [dice]1[/dice]
Karchev Ley Line Walker
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5 +3 Armor = 8 (3) +10 MDC
Power Points: 49/60 (while on ley Line) Bennies: 1
• Knowledge (Arcana): D10
• Dragonese/Elven: D6
• Investigation: D6
• Fighting: D6
• Shooting: D6
• Stealth: D6
• Notice: D6
Iceblast Shotgun: Range: 12/24/48 - Damage: 1–3d6 - RoF: 1–2 - AP ~
NG-33: Range: 15/30/60 - Damage: 2d4+1 - RoF: 1 - AP: 2
CS Vibro-Sword - Str+d10 - AP4 Mega Damage
Ember

Ember Interludes

Post by Ember »

Second Quarter

"I was in Newtown, at the start of it. The uprising."

She shakes her head, as if she could deny the unpleasant memories.

"A friend of mine, Lucas, he was thinking about getting the conversion, to be a juicer. We both were - being a Phaeton sounded fun - but Lucas was much more serious about it than I was. Thing is, we didn't really want to check out so soon, ya know? We were both still young, and were lookin' forward to many more years of hijinks."

She glances over at Iron Tic, then continues.

"But Lucas, he heard about the Prometheus treatment and got excited. Now, we weren't really big fans of the CS, though we had been living in El Dorado a while."
She pulls her hair back on one side, and taps the slight point on her ear.
"I can pass as human easy enough, so long as no one goes poking or prodding too much, but I weren't born on this side of the rifts, if you know what I mean."

She puts her hair back in place before continuing.

"Two years for the CS though, Lucas thought that could be a good trade. Two years wasn't that long, if he could get juiced and not die from it. Anyway, we decided to head to Newtown and see what was what. Made a fair bit of money along the way - there were a lotta juicers wanted to ge tthe treatment, but didn't know how to get to Newtown. I've always been pretty good at getting from here to there, and making sure I don't starve on the way - so I sold my services as a guide. Not as much fun as jacking hoverbikes and sky cycles an' selling 'em to the Black Market, but decent money nonetheless an' we were headed that way anyhow and the conversion ain't cheap, so I thought I'd help Lucas out a bit."

She sniffs, and the glint of tears can be seen in her eyes.

"So anyhow, maybe you've heard about the Devon incident, the thing that started it all? Me an' Lucas were there. He'd gone through the first part of the conversion, but weren't fully juiced yet. When the Deadboys started firing, he jumped on top of me like he were immortal or somthin'. Of course he wasn't, an' he died there, bleeding out on top of me. He wanted to save me, I guess. The damn idiot shoulda known i'd have been alright, but maybe the juice was messin' with his head. I've heard that can happen when you're not used to it."

She wipes the tears from her eyes.

"Anyhow, I didn't stick around. I went to Kingsdale, ran with the Vigilantes a while, tried to forget about Newtown. Didn't work, obviously."
OOC Comments
Picking a suit: [dice]0[/dice] Clubs, tragedy. Nice, get to show some of Ember's serious side.
Adventure cards are fun: [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
Last edited by Ember on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ember, Alakar MARS PCO Alt of Lucretia
Bennies: 5/4 Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(7) [MDC]; Pace: 9; Charisma: +3
Card(s): Payback Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
Weapon in hand: none
Ammo:
  • Wilk's 447 (rifle) - 20/20 shots
    Wilk's 237 (pistol) - 16/16 shots
Click here to edit your signature
Kasey

Kasey Interludes

Post by Kasey »

Interlude: [dice]0[/dice]-Love...

Have you ever seen a god wake up next to you? Me neither, I don't have eyes. But what a man. Robust and Firm, not a demon or alien entity wanting lunch to be the horror devours of the day. No he was more than that, he was succulent. I stumbled into him spying of course. That's how all great love stories start. Or at least thats how mine started.
HighLord Z'Thork gave me my new orders while dinning over a roasted spit of Fennodi. I had prepared it with a lemon thyme garlic rub. So, it was off so North America, the Ozark mountain range, to find a group of Heroes at Castle Refugee. The funny thing is about heroes is they have chance to rub off on you. Just like the rub on the Fennodi was rubbing off on the maw of the Highlord.
The story goes, after three months of spying on the heroes of the tomorrow legion I did not have it in me anymore. I got sloppy and caught. But how does that even compare to the spectacle of my stubby lover. A tasty treat by any means. So, the much vaunted Cyber-knight leader Lord Coake... Of course he told me his first name, but made me swear not to reveal it... He stops me from making a bad mistake even worse. He was right of course, I can't kill bonifide heroes! Such a hero was my little man, he had such a big heart! I was with him, while he slept considering the right thing to do, relaxing in the corner of his room. For hours I listened to him breathe he sounded like a Kreelong boiling. Lord Coake's words rang true in my Free-Bird Heart! A slave to the highlord was just not possible in the presence of this specimen! "Listen to your heart" Coake told me. Damn right!
My heart only told me one thing, I needed to be near my love, but could I ever tell him? Coake and his friend Blackwell got me into the Black Company. This went well, I think I hid my feelings fairly good, and I would have an occasional run in with my flutter stump. He did so much for me with out really knowing how much it meant. I suppose it is hard to look at the face of an enemy. I would not know I don't have eyes, but I can imagine, just like I can imagine him looking up at me with a smile. Now your Free-Bird is back baby!
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet
Bennies
4 bennies
Adventure Card
Deadly Blow
Ember

Re: Ember Interludes

Post by Ember »

Third Quarter

1d4 (3) Hearts—Love

This interlude takes place on Eleanor, just prior to the pirate attack.
Ember wrote:
Alecto wrote:She looked over at Ember and asked, "What did Zane want in exchange for the weapon you purchased? He offered to allow me to 'share' in the price, even though he had no additional weapon to sell. I suspect he may have been joking, but I need more information to be sure."
Ember laughs, a real deep and throaty belly laugh.

"What he wanted was to get in my pants. What he asked for was a date. What he'll be getting... well, I haven't decided yet. He set the terms, but then let me walk off with it without agreeing. 'Caveat venditor', as they say. I'm thinking maybe I should stand him up, teach him to be a little more careful. I dunno, though, I mean, we're all part of the Black Company. I'm not used to this whole 'organization' thing."

She looks askance at Alecto.

"He wanted you to join in, hmm? Men, so greedy."
Alecto wrote:Alecto frowned slightly at Ember's answer. She had served in a mercenary unit before; she was no innocent dove when it came to humanoid mating etiquette. That said, the permutations of the act and its social consequences were very complex.

"So you purchased the weapon with a promise to meet him and assess him as a sexual partner, but have not promised sexual activity with him even though you're aware that is his ultimate goal in meeting you. I believe I understand your dilemma. Should you agree, you subject yourself to social stigma associated with those who barter sexual services for material wealth and gain. Should you turn him down, you risk antagonizing him and limiting your access to future equipment through him."

She paused, considering, then added, "I hope the weapon is worth it."

"See, you're thinking about this wrong." She smiles slyly at Alecto. "He let me walk out, with no agreement made. I didn't buy the sword, I stole it. While he was watching."

She laughs.

"I'll probably let him buy me drinks though. I mean, free booze, right? As for the rest... I don't really care about 'social stigma'. If I want to sleep with him, I will, and this sword'll have nothing to do with it. I've had plenty of other lovers. Or at least, I've slept with plenty of guys. Love... that's a bit harder to come by."

She gets quiet for a moment.

"I told you about Lucas already, the juicer. I loved him, for sure. Since then... no one special really. I mean, there was one or two that had potential, but... none of them lasted. Maybe I'm just not being fair, comparing them to a ghost. Lucas would probably laugh at me. he was always telling me that nothing in life mattered if you weren't happy, and anything that really mattered would make you happy. He certainly wouldn't want to to be what was stopping me. I mean though, it's not my fault if they don't measure up, is it?"

With a half-hearted smile, she tries to pull the conversation back from the brink.

"Zane, he seems all right. I mean, a bit of a creep, but some guys are just idiots about that sort of thing. A little whip-cracking can fix that. Still, I don't see anything serious coming of it. "
Last edited by Ember on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Card(s): Payback Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
Ammo:
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Re: Iron Tic Interludes

Post by Daniel »

REST IN PEACE IRON TIC

Iron Tic went out in a Blaze of Glory! He will not be writing his own funeral scene. You, the rest of the Black Company can.

Post away. The following takes place outside by the Cannon Building at the end of the Second Adventure: Solid Oxide. Alternatively Post your reactions, does not have to be at funeral. This is a option, not necessary.
GM Note
I will include anyone's Post below in the total Posts made by Players come the end of Third Quarter, might help with your over all PPW and XP and EP. Possibly a moving Post will earn a bennie....
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto stepped forward. It was not the first funeral she'd been to, though it was the first that she wished to speak during.

"I did not understand Iron Tic," she said. "I still do not. He behaved in all ways, at all times that I observed him, as someone who thorougly enjoyed his existence. Seemingly in spite of this, he had undergone a procedure that radically decreased the duration of that existence. It is possible that his enjoyment derived from the enhanced abilities that this procedure granted him, but this is inconsistent with my observations of other people. I have no alternative hypothesis though."

"I had hoped to have time to speak with him on the subject. I had hoped to understand him more completely. He is gone now though; everything he knew, and experienced, all potential for him to grow and help others grow...it is all gone. He will remain a mystery."

She pauses. "I will miss him."

And she sits back down.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

It wasn't the first conversation on the topic she'd had. Once she'd mastered the trick of recognizing nonverbal cues that the speaker was finished, she was a good listener. Different individuals seemed to have different combinations of traits that could 'mesh' with their own to form longer-term compatibility, but Alecto suspected patterns could be found if the sample size was large enough.

Alecto considered this for a moment, then asked, "Short-term physical attraction is not hard to understand. I am curious though...what qualities did Lucas possess that inspired a more lasting emotional bond?"
OOC Comments

Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Ember

Post by Ember »

Ember laughs, in a kind of sad way - not her normal cheery chuckles or body-wracking belly laughs.

"Well, that's the 64 million credit question, now isn't it?"

She shakes her head.

"I mean, at this point I can't really separate out the truth of what happened from the rosy glow of 'the golden days of yore', you know? I mean, all I know is that no one has made me feel the same way - or at least, how I remember feeling. Beyond that... I dunno. Everything just felt... brighter... back then. More vivid and exciting. Like everything was always good and happy, though I know that couldn't have been the way it really was."
Ammo:
Ember

Post by Ember »

"I didn't know Tic for very long." Ember speaks while still sitting, her feet on the edge of the chair, hugging her knees to her chest. "I don't even know what his real name was, or how he got the name 'Iron Tic'. But, I do know that he was a good man, a hero. He talked a lot about wanting satisfaction, but I don't think he meant it in a selfish way. He was satisfied by justice and helping others. He..."

She trails off, fresh tears in her eyes.

He might be alive if I hadn't been so protective of that girl. She was demon-kin - of the Flame, as the village elders used to say. I should have known better.
Ammo:
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto nodded. It was a perennial difficulty with trying to quantify people. So much of their mental processes took place in ways that they didn't seem conscious of. Their memory in particular was troublesome. Many times when with her previous employers she had taken part in 'reminiscing,' in which people recounted pleasant or important memories to one another. In some cases, she had been there during the incident being mentioned...and in almost every case the actual event took place in substantially different ways than was described. In some cases the divergence could be explained as the recounter trying to enhance their standing or apparent prowess in the event. Other times, it was harder to explain.

It was good, she thought, that Ember seemed to realize the limitations of her own long-term memory, even if she was not free of its influence now.

"So you remember how it felt to be in love, but do not clearly recall why you fell in love," she muses. "Enough time has passed that you may even find other traits appeal to you more now. It seems that there is a strong random component for how people find long-term compatibility. Do you wish to find another emotional bond of that intensity, or are you content not to?"
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Ember

Post by Ember »

Now that was a question that Ember was not expecting. Drawing her legs up and hugging them to her chest, she rests her chin on her knees and thinks to herself a bit.

"I... don't know. I mean, yeah, it was great, but... losing it is hell. i mean, if i had to do it all over again, I would, so... yes? I think?"

She gets quiet again, at least seemingly unable to come up with a better answer.
Ammo:
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" Alecto asked, noting the change in posture. "I apologize if so. It is not my intention. I'm...inexperienced with these situations. Would it be easier to talk about traits that disqualify people from consideration? The 'creep' for example. What about him convinces you that he is unsuitable?"
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Ember

Post by Ember »

"Uncomfortable?" She puts her feet back on the floor, as if suddenly aware of her body language.
"Well, I suppose a little, yeah, but not in a bad way. We're... bonding? I guess? Building trust. Very important for mission success."
She smiles.
"How about you? Got a special man somewhere? Or woman, if that's you're thing - whatever flips your switches, yeh?"
Ammo:
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

"My switches." Alecto considered the question for a moment, then said, "I am uncertain that I have the potential to form such relationships. It's my hope that I can learn how to. It doesn't come as naturally to me as it does for most."

"To answer your specific question though, no. My closest social bonds are to those I serve with. I have on occasion been flirted with, but until I am ready to proceed I have decided to politely discourage such attempts unless I recognize them as humor, or the result of camaraderie."

She smiled ruefully. "I am sorry I do not have any anecdotes of past romances to share. I would if I had any such experiences."
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Ember

Post by Ember »

"No? Well, we'll have to see about changing that. If you want, of course - I'm not trying to push you into anything."
Not yet.
Ammo:
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh's cigar blazes as he pulls deeply, his chest swelling with the effort. "Tic went out 'bout like I 'spect he would want to. Satisfied. We should all be so lucky."

A smoke ring wafts into the air.

"Tic, ya done good, kid. Kept us all safe. Saved some kids on yer way out, too. I never seen anyone do some a' the things you did, an' ya made it look easy."

Thrudh swaps the cigar with a mug of Hans' engine degreaser, and takes a swig.

"Tic's appetite was somethin' ta make a grackle take notice. I don't even know where he got all those burgers. I guess when yer searchin' fer satisfaction, ya might as well have a full belly."

Thrudh pours the rest of the drink onto Tic's pyre.

"This one's fer you, Tic. We're gonna make sure people remember the hero ya were. We're gonna clear yer name. An' I'm probably gonna get a little Tic-style satisfaction from whoever framed us."
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig
Kasey

Post by Kasey »

Kasey turns facing the pyre. I knew him least, but seems to have had a profound impact on this group. Her voice carries a hint of sorrow.
" A while back before this dibacle, I was cooking Salitmobocca for Blackwell, and F'n Gordon[. Blackwell invited a possible recruit Iron Tic. Normally I would make this dish using baby grackletooth for the highlord, but that is just wrong. Baby dear is the way to go... Well we ate and and spoke of many thing. The conversation turned to why Tic wanted to be part of Black Company instead of the tomorrow legion. He said Out on the fringe, surrounded by the black, you need a goddamn hero to remind everyone else what they are fighting for." Kasey tosses some dirt into the pyre.
" I had never seen Blackwell smile until that moment. I think on some level he knew Tic's time would be short, but we would be better for it."
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet
Bennies
4 bennies
Adventure Card
Deadly Blow
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto shrugged. "There are unique challenges I face in such matters, but I am learning more. I am confident that I will know what I need to soon. Then it will simply come down to identifying a target. Your assistance would be valuable."
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

Gargamel flicked his wrist as a bolt of fire shot out of his hand igniting the funeral Pyre

"Iron Tic was a complicated individual, for any man driven to become a juicer has demons driving them. Iron Tic was no exception and his past haunted him everyday."

"Despite these, beneath that armour, Iron Tic was a hero at heart. The second he spotted the children in danger and when he realised hans and Karchev were in grave peril, he sacrificed himself to save them. "

He stared into the flames

"I am proud to call him friend."
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Ember

Post by Ember »

"When you say things like 'identifying a target'... it sounds more like you are looking for a mark than a mate."

She smiles.

"I think you might be a little too concerned about your 'challenges' though. We've all got our faults, quirks, and weirdness. If someone can't accept them, they can't accept you, and aren't worth your time. Well, when you are ready, I'll do what I can to help."
Ammo:
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

"It is less a matter of what they can accept, and more a matter of what I can," Alecto corrects gently. "Thank you though, for your offer. Should you wish to discuss these matters further, I would be pleased to do so. For now I have preparations to attend to."

With that, Alecto got up and headed out, leaving Ember to her thoughts.
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Lars Interludes for Black Company

Post by Daniel »

Future Interludes to come....

FATE of the BLACK
Post moved from other location.
This is a OOC Follow up to the Solid Oxide Adventure, an Introduction to new Player (Tic now Kasey) and deciding on your fate. Do you take the job offered or do something else...
  • Kasey has been a member of the Black Company for a while, long enough to know most everyone. She knows that Blackwell was once a part of a Merc Group called BAMF. Blackwell splintered away from BAMF due to the Merc Group getting so big and BAMF had a different vison for the group. Blackwell and the mercenaries located at Castle Refuge left to head north east to the great lakes area. Blackwell wanted to pull some of the heat off the Castle from the CS since the CS had it out for Black Company. Also there was a naval job that Blackwell wanted to do. The BC has / had a few nice ships. The Black Company came under a surprise combined attack from several CS Naval Companies and CS Air Force. It appears that every member of the BC in the Great Lakes was killed.

Kasey was asked, prior to the BC departing the Castle, to escort the new Mark V APC newly purchased by the BC (recovered by the 1st SET and then sold to the NG rep at the castle). Blackwell requested Kasey and a few BC Mercs (Major Frost, Ares and Otto) take the Mark V to Kingsdale, just north of the Castle, and have it re-painted jet black with a few modifications added (see Mark V in Vehicles Thread for details).

Mark V Crew: Ares & Otto, dog boys, both are long term Black Company Mercenaries.

After getting the Mark V set, Kasey and crew all head back to Castle Refuge. Just outside town they are met by Spider who tells them to not return to Castle. Spider explains that there seems to be some sort of anti-BC thing happening. Bad press. Not only is there video circulating of the main force of the BC with Blackwell killing kids in Michigan just prior to them being wiped out by the CS, there is recent video of Hans throwing Tic off the skiff. Tic has died! Then video of Thrudh killing a member of the 2nd SET and blowing up a bunch of kids. Gargamel killing an innocent young girl who was crying over Tic’s dead body. Both Alecto and Ember tossing a grenade down on some kids and friendly Lizardmen. All in all, the SOG 8 are portrayed as mass murderers and killers of the 2nd SET. No one knows what the Black Company did to the rest of the 2nd. Major Frost informs Kasey and Crew to join up with the SOG 8 members and warn them of the fact that they are wanted dead or alive by the Legion. A Million dollar bounty on each of their heads. Major Frost does not go with Kasey, Ares and Otto, he heads to the Great Lakes area to see if there are any survivors of the BC there. Future story Arc there. Spider says that Lord Coake, the secret sponsor of the BC does not believe the BC is bad. But without evidence he cannot help you. Until such a time as the BC can clear their names they are to lay low and Lord Coake will send them messages of missions and such as he can. Frost tells Spider and a few Mercs to protect the Small Nexus Chamber and await orders. Frost tells Kasey to head to the SOG 8.

Kasey is told that Spider (no one knows he is a BC member) will remain in the Pub, along with two mercenaries to protect the Small Nexus Chamber under the Pub.

Kasey and Crew are to head to SOG 8 and stay away from the Legion.

On the way to the Fex Bridge to meet up with the SOG 8 members Kasey and Crew encounter a Large Ley Line Skiff, called the Morose. The ship is size 10, same as a Death Head Transport. In fact the TW Morose looks like it might be a rebuilt DHT. While deciding what to do, go around, make contact, the decision is made for them. Six Lyn Siral D-Bee’s land in front of the Mark V. A brief introduction later and Kasey learns that these are Sky Knights. They hired a part of the BAMF mercenary force to infiltrate a city called Gloom. There were 6 members of the BAMF who went in 2 months ago to pose as Mercs for hire, no word has been heard from them since.

The Sky Knights want to hire Kasey and the SOG 8:

1. Infiltrate Gloom, pose as Mercs for hire, and find out what happened to the BAMF members.
    2. Make contact with a group called Ordo Templi Orientis, and help them stage a coup for power. Right now a vile Necromancer named Giest rules over Gloom. OTO wants to put a woman named Rene into power. Rene is friendly with the Lyn Siral Sky Knights who want to help Rene bring fair work and wages to Gloom. Gloom was once a prosperous mining and magic town until Giest and her undead started ruling.

Gloom is a mining town with a twist. Gloom is made up of Miners, Mercs and Mages.

Miners dig for precious metals in Gloom and are often sent via a large portal to another dimension that is shrouded in darkness to mine there. (CLUE: The BAMF members who are missing were part of the ODS Other Dimensional Security that protects the Miners off world).

Mercs protect Gloom, keep her citizens in line and send out raiding parties to surrounding areas. The majority of the Mercs are sky pirates in nature. More Mercs used to be part of Gloom Military but they are fazed out by undead Police and Military, now most Mercs sign on as ODS or about 80% are just renting a place in Gloom to Raid as Pirates from. The option to pay for a portal to other worlds to raid there is an option too.

Mages operate the large portal in the center of town and make up most of the rich, and those in power. Rene is a rich, Ley Line Walker who runs things (owns) the Arcane Company that controls the Portal. She wants to run for Governor but to do so openly is dangerous, Giest thinks of herself as a Empress.

The Sky Knights want to park a large cloud city over the city of Gloom and work along with those in Gloom for a brighter future. To do this they see Rene as needed to be in power. The Cloud city is half full of refuges from Tolkeen wars, the Knights are looking for a place to park and integrate into a society. Plus the do gooders see Gloom as needing rescue. Instead of all out war on the undead and Giest they think putting some Mercs into Gloom to help Rene will work better.

The Members of the SOG 8 can either take the job offered by the Sky Knights or do something else.

The Sky Knights are offering to pay the following:

1. Lifelong free housing (a HQ) for the BC to use on the Cloud City over Gloom when the cloud city arrives. After Rene is in power.
    2. Repairs to all armor, vehicles, armor and reloads on ammo for any damage incurred while on the job. Including replacing ruined armor or vehicles.
    3. 1.5 million Credits total. To be shared by the BC as Player Characters decide.

Note: the Morose Ship is owned by the BAMF. The Morose is crewed by two people at this time. The Captain of the Morose is Gaiter, human pilot and Chuckles, a D-Bee Ape man. Both Gaiter and Chuckles are open to taking orders from SOG 8 if the SOG 8 are going to look into what happened to the BAMF members. Their plan is they can fly into Gloom, dock and pay docking fees and then stay parked in Gloom. Gaiter will pretend he has a whole crew of pirates aboard the Morose and his ship can be a secret meeting place for you to gather if needed. He will also be ready at the drop of a hat to be your escape route if needed. He hopes you will find his missing members of the BAMF or at least find out what happened to them. Gaiter will stay and help you as long as you are working for Sky Knights. Once everything is done he will want to return to the main force of the BAMF Force that is else where in the US (The rest of the BAMF is in Arzno preparing for a mission).

Hans spotted a Large Ley Line Skiff / Ship approaching. It’s the Morose. It arrives and lands by the building with a cannon on it that Alecto and Ember are in. After landing it stays quiet for a while, cooling off. Several minutes later a hatch opens in the rear and a Mark V rolls out. Over a loudspeaker a guy who identifies himself as Otto (you’ve heard the name before) announces he is a Black Company member and wishes to talk to the leader of the SOG 8.

Aftermath of Solid Oxide Adventure: Once the SOG 8 assemble by the large air ship, Kasey, Ares & Otto can update everyone (The Player Characters).

As a group you all can decide to take the Sky Knight job or do something else.

After mopping up here at the building with the cannon on top of it, you find three cargo crates on a lower floor under the floor with the death pool of dead kids and lizards, the BC has located the Solid Oxide.

What the BC decides to do with the cargo of Solid Oxide is up to the Player Characters – you were asked to get it back to the Legion. However things have changed.

Hans mentioned (OOC to me) about taking the cannon off the building. This is possible, will take 1d4 days. It can be stored in the Morose (I think I said this but think of the Morose as a TW DHT - I will post stats in Vehicles Thread eventually).

Thrudh the SAMAS....40% of original cost to repair. Will take 1d6 Full Days to Repair at a -4 to repair. This is a over time project. Example, say you do Gloom job, then maybe on your off time you work on it here and there.

Hans you have Tic's hand cannon now. You asked about the Sword used to kill Tic; it is gone. (OOC turned to dust with death of the Dis Hunter).

If you guys decide to take the Gloom job I need a few days to set up the town, I started but decided to wait on finishing to see if you decided to do the job. In the mean time there is always this: Interlude, see here: http://www.savagerifts.com/viewtopic.ph ... 683#p12683

Once the 7 of you decide to either take the job in Gloom or decide to do something else let me know and we will roll out the role playing!

Please Post in this thread your decisions:
    1. Take the Sky Knights Job in Gloom (at which point I will give you a bunch more info on it)
    2. Decide your own fate, where to? If you go this way I can either do a pre-written scenario that PEG published or make up something depending on what you decide to do.

Thanks for playing, and for reading this post.

Lars (Dan)
New Command List for the Black Company
  1. (The chain of command as Frost described it to Kasey. If you guys want to change up ranks and command, there isn't really anyone left right now that can say anything about it lol)
  2. NPC: Lord Coake (Secret Funds and Supporter)
  3. NPC: Major Damien Frost - Shifter (was with Kasey but out searching for survivors of CS attack in Great Lakes area, if any are found he will likely ask SOG 8 to help him rescue them, later story Arc)
  4. Lt. Ember
  5. Staff Sgt. Thrudh
  6. Sgt. Kasey
  7. Cpl. Alecto
  8. Cpl. Gargamel
  9. Cpl. Hans
  10. Cpl. Karchev
  11. NPC: Sgt. Ares (Dog Boy Pilot in Mark V)
  12. NPC: (Private First Class) PFC Otto (Dog Boy CoPilot/Gunner Mark V)
  13. NPC: PFC Spider (Tech Warrior Spiders Pub)
  14. NPC: PFC Twill (Cyborg in Spiders Pub)
  15. NPC: PFC Hansen (Crazie Spiders Pub)
Note Ares and Otto are available as pilots, they both have Driving and Pilot skills. However you Players can be the pilots/drivers of Mark V if you want in which case the two dog boys are there to help as you see fit. Ares is a Sgt. but he is not rank heavy, he will do as asked within reason. I will work on getting stats posted for Frost, Ares and Otto in the BC NPC and Retired Agents Thread.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Setting up the funeral pyre was a sacred duty for Hans. After the Juicer's body was laid upon the wood, Hans placed the remains of the Hunter of Dis at his feet, a slain enemy to serve him in the afterlife, as befits a Warrior.

"You big, silly, heroic man. I probably would have been able to shrug off that attack, but you had to jump in front and protect me. I will never forget you. I will bring 'Satisfaction' with me to remind me of you.", patting the particle cannon that Iron Tick had recently used.
"We will clear your name. We will clear all of our names and that of the company. We will give those who sullied our honor and our names the 'Satisfaction' that they deserve. Continue the fight in the afterlife, my friend."

With that, Hans backs up from the pyre and stands there and watches it burn down to the last embers. A few tears make their way down his otherwise stoic face as he stands there with 'Satisfaction', as if on guard.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Archived Interludes

Post by Daniel »

Archived Interludes
OOC Comments
Interlude Details

► Rewards: After a player completes her tale, award her a Benny or an Adventure Card. If you the Player want a bennie say so at end of your interlude, or if instead you want a Adventure Card roll a 1d54 to get one. Thanks!

Interludes: In most heroic tales, characters engage in small talk that reveals something about their past or further develops their personality. Such “Interludes” are rare in role playing games where we focus primarily on action and the next encounter. The system below formalizes these scenes and rewards players for role playing their character and revealing their backstory to the rest of the group.
  • Player Roll a d4

1.) Clubs—Tragedy: Describe a tale of tragedy or misfortune from your hero’s past, featuring one of his Hindrances if possible. If the teller has a dark secret of some kind, hint strongly at it, drop clues, or otherwise give the rest of the group a glimpse into your hero’s dark side during your narrative.

2.) Spades—Victory: Tell the group about a great victory or personal triumph in your adventurer’s past. How did it affect him afterward? Was there a reward?

3.) Hearts—Love: Speak fondly of the character’s greatest love—lost, found, or waiting on him back home. What is her name? Where does she live? Why is the traveler not with her now?

4.) Diamonds—Desire: Tell a tale about something your hero wants (or already has). It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.

For the Fourth Quarter (Oct 2017) BC HOLD off on a Interlude for now.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Return to “Black Company Interludes”