Silver Bluff OCC comments

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Silver Bluff OCC comments

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:I am just waiting on some players to post.

-Streets: waiting on Libertas to essentially describe the key, and possibly Jude to radio for back up
-mystical babies: waiting on Jude to either fight or run.
-layline: waiting on Bane to post any questions he might have, although Bane is currently camping I was going to give him until Sunday.
-Kesslan is having internet issues. I was giving him a chance to catch up and post.

Either way I'll post resolutions on Sunday.
My apologies--I'd forgotten that there was actually a description of the 'keyhole' on the chest, and so was a bit uncertain how to answer--I just went back now and read it, and posted a reply.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

My busy season has picked up a little bit, but I'm still checking in daily.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Posted in the northwest leyline, and the streets.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Jude is the luckiest SOB on the planet... There is no way he should have made that Climb check, much less gotten a raise...

N.B. Jude has the key in his pocket. Not that anyone knows about it LOL He pocketed it after Thistles demon-father tossed it down.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Jude Maverick wrote:Jude is the luckiest SOB on the planet... There is no way he should have made that Climb check, much less gotten a raise...

N.B. Jude has the key in his pocket. Not that anyone knows about it LOL He pocketed it after Thistles demon-father tossed it down.
I notice that Jude seems to most often pull this off when a baby's well-being is on the line. Obviously, this means we need to find an orphan kinfant and rig Jude up with one of those chest-packs to keep it in. He'll be invincible!

It is, of course, possible that this is a horrible idea.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Stats for kinfant: +1 bennie, +2 to all rolls, called shot baby takes the damage from an attack.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Can I sign up for a kinfant? It can ride with me in the robot. Those bonuses are sweet!
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

So it looks like we are going to do a chase, probably just 1-3 rounds depending on the card draw. Basically Jude is trying to escape from the mystic knight. Anyone in the town, namely Libertas, and Lucretia (possibly Kesslan) just post something to the effect you are trying to catch up to Jude and I will deal a card to you. The card will essentially tell us who has advantage over who, and thusly has a chance to act. Depending on the action, we may move into a quick combat, or the chase and combat will end right then and there. This is a hybrid Mystical baby, and streets scene so no mult-scene penalty will apply currently. But lets just post in the mystical babies section for this chase.

- For a chase scene I treat each round of the chase as a specific scene where the bad guy or heroes have essentially caught up enough to do something or even nothing but interact with words and failed attempts to catch one another. Base on the card drawn its up to the players to tell the story of how you got to that specific place of the chase, and describe the action or inability to act depending on the card draw. All the rounds of the chase scene sort of add up to little vignettes or snap shots of the entire chase.

- Note as far as quick and level headed, to my understanding they do not apply to a chase.

- I was going to wait until Sumday for folks to post if they are joining in on the chase.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Libertas Magicum wrote:
Jude Maverick wrote:Jude is the luckiest SOB on the planet... There is no way he should have made that Climb check, much less gotten a raise...

I notice that Jude seems to most often pull this off when a baby's well-being is on the line. Obviously, this means we need to find an orphan kinfant and rig Jude up with one of those chest-packs to keep it in. He'll be invincible!

It is, of course, possible that this is a horrible idea.
Again, we really, really need a 'Like' button for these boards. :lol:
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Cantrell wrote:
OOC Comments
Don't Vagabonds make unskilled checks at d4, not d4-2? So you'd actually be at 10 on your miraculous Climb check.

I think it was stated earlier that carrying the baby is a -2 to some actions like climbing, though, so that brings it back down to a mere 8.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

-yeah it is hard to climb and carry a baby.

Libertas brought up a good point, that I forgot. If you are going to be involved in the upcoming chase scene. Post your narrative getting involved along with an agility roll, your agility roll will determine how many cards drawn. I beleive it is 1 card per success. I think we will be either running 1-3 rounds for the chance scene, depending on if the knight catches up to Jude and kills the baby he is holding before Libertas and Lucretia have a chance to arrive. Once everyone posts their agility roll, I'll post the undead mystic knights roll and set the scene for the first chase scene location and let you know who can do what to whom based on the card draw. I have never seen a chase scene done in PBP before so please bear with me and hopefully it is fun and exciting.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Definitely going to be in on the chase... but I don't remember if we know that the well connects to that cavern. It makes a difference. :D
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Likewise, I'm waiting for a PM from Pender before posting--I've got a question about the effectiveness of Speed in this situation.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Well you guys have yet to really explore the well. So I would say no. Right now Jude is/has climbed up the water fall, there are some rocks jutting out of the water there that he can leap from one to one onto a bank. Assuming he is not wanting to lead the creature he can go north to the mud fields or south to the broken bridge(where the team encounter the vamps in the beginning). If you guys do not mind hand drawn maps I will put together a rough map to help you guys visualize where everyone is.

-Libertas has a nice plan to get Lucretia into the action fast, I would let him post first.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lib's post done! He was successful at giving her a massive boost, at the cost of dropping back himself.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

So Lucretia will be getting plus 3 card draws in addition to whatever her agility roll gives. Also note due to Libertas's trapping for the first scene her agility is increased by 1 die type for her initial roll.

Once Lucretia and Jude roll their agility I'll set the scene for you guys to interact with in conjuction with what your card draws mean. Libertas you can still post during this, but it would be from the perspective of not quite getting there to make an impact(technically your impact was made now) or something similiar.
The chase scene objectives seem as follows:
1) Mystic knight kill baby Krave, and possibily the baby's protector Jude
2) Jude get away from the Knight
3) Libertas and Lucretia are trying to reach Jude and stop the knight
Assuming I have these objectives down the chase will end in 3 rounds or if the following happens:
1) Knight catches up to Jude and kills him and the baby before Lucretia and Libertas get there(seems unlikly given how many cards Lucretia will draw for the first chase scene)
2) Lucretia, Jude, or Libertas deals a shaken or wound to the Knight, the chase ends and quick combat begins.
3) something else could also happen that ends the chase, you guys throw curves all the time.
If the chase goes the distance 3 rounds Jude escapes. Players could get the jump on the knight as he returns to the cave using quick combat.

If I got it wrong let me know. Page 95 of the core rules have the card draw outcome. Hopefully Lucretia will get a king or higher so she can go to town on the knight. By the same token, hopefully the knight fails his agility roll or gets a low card and cannot attack Jude.

-There seems to be something brewing besides tea at the northwest layline hut of Caleb. I would like to give Markus, and Bane a chance to post, plus Max if he wants to come in for tea. I have some free time this weekend so if everyone posts I can move the scenes forward on Sunday.

-I am hopeful Kesslan will pop up somewhere as well.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Ironically... Lucretia has Speed with Jazz trapping. As a free action.
Sadly, it's self only, so she can't return the favor...
Pender Lumkiss wrote:Well you guys have yet to really explore the well.
Yeah, I couldn't remember if Jude had realized/told us. Rereading that thread, Jude should know (from his TW roll, at the minimum) that the well connects. He did not, however, tell us.

I just thought it would be fun to have Lucretia do an aerial summersault into perfect dive down the well. ;)
I wasn't really looking for any particular advantage from it.

Will have an IC post up ASAP.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I posted a link to a crude map here.
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 904#p11904

Just to give everyone a rough idea of where different locations are in relation to each other.

- not that you would know this, but, The well is a good 40-60ft drop to the cavern floor and it is rock. The old well resevior was covered over and filled in with large rocks. With all the copper tubing and gemstones along the first 20 ft of the well's shaft just diving down might be tricky. After the initial shaft it opens into the cavern system, and there is the 40ft fall. A climb down is doable with rope. The copper tubing snakes its way easterly for about a 1/2 an hour(if walking) to where the ladder extending from the ruins Jude found( along with the hidden chamber, vortex, and waterfall). You would end up coming up behind the mystic knight and Jude as they have made there way out of the cave/waterfall, and presumably trying to meet up with you guys.

-I beleive Lucretia will be getting 5 cards.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

We can put a shield over the kinfant rig and put it on my back. Safer that way? ;)

No, I don't believe Jude told them where he was. He didn't want to announce it over the radio before Thistle's father was dealt with. But Thistle and the old elf are coming up the ladder in the tower. Maybe they could run into Lucretia and the others and tell them. Or maybe you can triangulate Jude's comm?

Jude was actually probably going to go down the waterfall. I didn't know how far the drop was, otherwise I might have had him just jump feet first. Down is easier than up, after all! Not sure where that will put him placement-wise.

And here's my agility check for Jude.

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

So much for luck...
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Dude, you've got 5/4 Bennies... Just sayin'.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Libertas Magicum wrote:Dude, you've got 5/4 Bennies... Just sayin'.
Yeah, I was just thinking that LOL Wasn't sure if I should save them.

Bennying to reroll that Agility check.

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Ace! [dice]2[/dice]
Total 11
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Ok so Jude is going down, it's about 200ft down and 40ft up. You made the climb check so don't worry about another one. I'll work on the scene, there some rocks at the bottom of the water fall that are slippery and a great place for the 1st scene. It also give Lucretia that chance to dive off something.

-Jude gets 2 cards
-Lucretia gets 5 cards
-Libertas gets none
-undead knight... 1 card
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hi Folks.

Chase scene at the mystical babies scene is here. Once Libertas, Lucretia, and Jude all post what they do to get to the scene, how they react to the undead mystic knight and anything else in the scene, I will post the second round.
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=428#p11960

I am waiting on Markus, and Bane to post any reactions to the hermit Caleb here.
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=449#p11818

-Kesslan if your internet has been restored feel free to jump in. If you want to get in on the chase, roll an agility roll and I will deal you in a card. Or if you want to get involved at the hermit Caleb's hut, just narratively explain how you are there and come on in.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Ok, so I'm not 100% sure I'm understanding the chase rules correctly. I get that I am not able to attack the mystic knight, because my card was lower than it's. However, because I am higher than Jude, I can interact with him (eg take the baby).

My inclination is for Lucretia to engage the knight in combat while Jude runs away. Can Lucretia just stop running, now that she is next to Jude, so the knight has to go past her to follow him? or would I have to beat the knight in chase card or he gets past her? Something like that?
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Great questions. Chases are fairly abstract and I have never played in a chase that was fun, so I appologize if this does not work out. I figured pbp would be great to run a short chase because uaually chases suffer from a lack of a well defined scene, and usually just devolve into agility roll, card draw, attack, repeat.
The answer to your question lies in having Jude stop running because he is the one driving the chase. If he stops we go to a quick combat.
So its not so much that you are next to Jude its just that during this particular chase scene you and Jude cross paths long enough for you to do something to him. You don't really catch up to him nessesarily.

That being said, Now that he sees that Lucretia is in the area he can next chase round allow himself to be "caught by her" and the chase ends... If thats the way we want to go that is fine, we'll still do the second round since Jude is running for his life, but if he wants to allow himself to be caught he can post something to that effect at the end of his post.

To do something to the knight like block his path or attack him you would need to have a higher card draw than him. Basically you just do not get that opportunity to interact with the knight.

Sorry for the confusion.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Sorry for the confusion.
No worries, it happens.

I think the confusion is that I was thinking that Lucretia was chasing the knight, not Jude. That doesn't really fit the abstract mechanics though... but I have an idea now to justify Lucretia having a slightly different perspective, more in line with the mechanics. ;)
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lucretia wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:Sorry for the confusion.
No worries, it happens.

I think the confusion is that I was thinking that Lucretia was chasing the knight, not Jude. That doesn't really fit the abstract mechanics though... but I have an idea now to justify Lucretia having a slightly different perspective, more in line with the mechanics. ;)
Sweet! I cannot wait to see this.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The chase in mystical babies:
  • Everyone posted
    • Lucretia's algilty was 15+4 ( for the speed effect, Lucretia pointed out the vechicle chase rules have some good applicable movement bonuses for fast speeds.) so a total of 19=4 cards drawn
    • Libertas, got a 14 so 3 cards
    • Jude got a 4, so one card
    • Undead Mystic knight, no cards
  • The baby is now in Lucretia's arms.
  • I'll try to get the next scene going in a day or two.
The hut in northwest layline:
  • Waiting for Cantrell, Bane, and Markus to respond to the hermit Caleb
    • If you are done talking to him just pm me
  • Max has something special just for him in Nadine...
-Kesslan I hope everything is ok with you. Feel free to jump in or pm me if you have any questions.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Hey folks,

I'm back in town after a trip.

Internet is still in a bit of an iffy situation but I've got a workaround for the time being that should allow me to post regulairly.
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Hooray! Welcome back, Kesslan! I think Lucretia will definitely be happy for the back-up!
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Kesslan wrote:Hey folks,

I'm back in town after a trip.

Internet is still in a bit of an iffy situation but I've got a workaround for the time being that should allow me to post regulairly.
Rock on!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Freemage wrote:Hooray! Welcome back, Kesslan! I think Lucretia will definitely be happy for the back-up!
Psh, I got this.... though being at medium range and not having a ranged weapon (because she won't use any weapon other than her psi-sword), she won't be doing any damage this round. Oh wait, this isn't my Overconfident character. Yeah, back-up would be great! :lol:

Seriously though, welcome back, glad things are looking up a bit.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Pender: Actually, a couple quick questions on the Range thing:

Does that apply to all interactions, or just the ones against the enemy? For instance, is Libertas limited to actions he can perform at-range with Lucretia (note: GM's ruling is fine either way with me, here, as I can literally make the argument both ways*; just trying to pin down Lib's options)?

Also, if casting a spell that doesn't have Range increments (say, Boost/Lower Trait), does the -2 still apply, or is the action simply considered impossible because the target isn't close enough?

*: For the curious:

Option 1: Range penalty only applies to hostile interactions: Basically, Lucretia isn't actively resisting Lib's attempts to get close enough to cast a touch spell or grab the baby, so there's no need to check for range.

Option 2: Range penalty limits friendly interactions: Lucretia is trying to get into position; Libertas is constrained in that he can't catch up to her.

Option 2.5: Lucretia can choose to forgo any action against the MK to allow Libertas to catch up to her, in which case Range increments do not hinder interactions.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Freemage wrote:Pender: Actually, a couple quick questions on the Range thing:

Does that apply to all interactions, or just the ones against the enemy? For instance, is Libertas limited to actions he can perform at-range with Lucretia (note: GM's ruling is fine either way with me, here, as I can literally make the argument both ways*; just trying to pin down Lib's options)?

Also, if casting a spell that doesn't have Range increments (say, Boost/Lower Trait), does the -2 still apply, or is the action simply considered impossible because the target isn't close enough?

*: For the curious:

Option 1: Range penalty only applies to hostile interactions: Basically, Lucretia isn't actively resisting Lib's attempts to get close enough to cast a touch spell or grab the baby, so there's no need to check for range.

Option 2: Range penalty limits friendly interactions: Lucretia is trying to get into position; Libertas is constrained in that he can't catch up to her.

Option 2.5: Lucretia can choose to forgo any action against the MK to allow Libertas to catch up to her, in which case Range increments do not hinder interactions.
All really good questions, and If I were to go what is in my head and my interpretation of the CORE rules I would say for this particular chase scene only actions allowed at range would be allowed, even on other folks involved in the chase, and you would have to have advantage over the person ( higher card draw). That being said it sort of limits actions, like there is no way for Lucretia to engage in Melee vs the Knight, Libertas can't cast a touch spell on Lucretia or Jude. That does not sound like fun.
OOC Comments
Like I said I have yet to play in a chase that was fun
I could see alternate chase rules:
1) to act on someone in the chase you still have to have advantage over someone to act ( Higher card draw than them)
2) You start at the range of your card but can move up a range increment at an additional -2. So for example medium is -2 to range, but you can move it to short/melee and be at -4. Narratively you could describe it as a last ditch effort to strike a foe or help a friend.
3) For savage rifts, with the prevalence of quick paced individuals speed matters, use vehicle rules for difference in speed and a bonus to agility.

Thoughts?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Hm... I'd say let the person with Advantage change one Range increment per MAP. So if the character with Advantage drew a 5, and they still want to engage in melee, it's two MAPs, or -4, on top of the -4 for Range/Cover.

Also note that some actions don't suffer Range penalties--for instance, someone at Medium or Long Range can still try Tricks and Tests of Will to throw their opponent off their game (a Shaken foe must spend a bennie, or doesn't get a card to draw the next round).
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

so the penalty to range is the penalty to melee/touch? Of coure tricks or test of wills can be done at range.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Pender Lumkiss wrote:so the penalty to range is the penalty to melee/touch? Of coure tricks or test of wills can be done at range.
Yeah--otherwise, as you note, melee characters are screwed, which seems odd in a foot-chase. There should be SOME chance for a swing.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Libertas Magicum wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:so the penalty to range is the penalty to melee/touch? Of coure tricks or test of wills can be done at range.
Yeah--otherwise, as you note, melee characters are screwed, which seems odd in a foot-chase. There should be SOME chance for a swing.
Well I can roll with this. I almost did this from the begining anyways :D .
Unless anyone has objections I'll go ahead and put this in on the chase. In the future I may also apply this penalty to parry as well.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Making attack range vary every round is... odd. I mean, it's not that it varies so much as that it is completely independent of prior rounds. So you can go from melee range to, say,, 100" away (i.e. long range on rifles), in one round. On foot. Against a lame, one-legged opponent with not so much as a crutch; unlikely perhaps, but they got a joker and you get 4 2s and a 3.... it would take some real creativity (or epic suspension of disbelief) to handle that one.

A chase system I have used to good effect in the past has abstract units of distance involved that limit what kind of attack can be used, but moving from one 'distance' to another is a result of actions, not initiative cards, and are based on your current 'position'. Putting it in SW terms, you might try to pull off an agility stunt to move closer, or try to slow someone else down (giving them a penalty on their next turn by distracting them so they trip with a smarts trick, or by knocking over a stack of crates to block pursuit with a strength test, or making an agility test to suddenly change course, etc). Of course, you can attack as well, if in range (within 1 distance for melee, and a bonus to hit if ahead and a penalty if behind).

That's in addition to the standard agility, riding, driving, climbing, etc. roll just to make progress in the first place. Initiative functions as it always does - earlier initiatives get the advantage of hindering others that round, whether by getting too far ahead to be attacked, or by being able to get into range for an attack before the opponent gets out of range, etc. Also, if a person being chased ever gets far enough ahead of the closest pursuer, they are considered to 'win' the chase and get away.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I totally get what you are saying, and I am not sure about running a chase again. While your ranges may vary with the card drawn, it is important to remeber that the time between chase rounds varies, it could be 3 seconds, or it could be 30 minutes. In the example of the crutched person that is being chased, if he got the joker and the folks chasing him got a 2, this could be narrativly handled by some kind lf obstical got in their way, or the terrain or route taken was a great impediment. I totally agree with you that it is a reach. Well good thing is we got a great cyber knight who killed the mystic knight, so the chase will be ending.

-I am waitimg on Markus to post or pm me to resolve the Northwest Layline. Hopefully we can move it to the final confrontation by Sunday.

-I'll wrap up the chase scene after Jude posts.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Hey folks,

Internet is finally fixed (Well for now at least) so hopefully it stays good and solid from here on out.

I'm slowly catching up with the back log of posts I need to do for all my characters but I should hopefully have something up for Kesslan here tomorrow. I just need to try to wrap my head around the rules being used and make sure I understand what's going on before I post in.
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Internet is finally fixed (Well for now at least) so hopefully it stays good and solid from here on out.

I'm slowly catching up with the back log of posts I need to do for all my characters but I should hopefully have something up for Kesslan here tomorrow. I just need to try to wrap my head around the rules being used and make sure I understand what's going on before I post in.
Glad you are back man! If you were thinking of posting in the chase you do not need to worry about the rules Lucretia killed the undead mystic knight. You can post narrativly.
One thought if you wanted to post in the mystical babies section
Near the beginning of the chase was a bridge, and on the otherside was a cabin, Kesslen could have found the cabin while exploring. Maybe out of one of the windows he sees Lucretia or Jude running from an undead skeleton weilding a glaive.

Second thought if you wanted to post in the northwest layline
You were wandering arround the north edge of town, Your arcana smelling caught a wiff of something smelling like a distress signal going off deep in the woods. Grease offers you a ride on a hover bike, or maybe you steal markus'. Either way you zoom out there finiding the invivble hut, and the group there.

Anyways its good to have you back.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Huzzah! Welcome back.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Sweet! The dog pack is back together again!
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hey Folks,

Posted the final show down at the Hermits Hut at the Northwest Layline.
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 638#p12638

Waiting on Jude to post his final chase scene action, then I will post... But essentially you will be back where this adventure started a 1/2 mile or so from town, at the bridge you first encountered Soldad. For sure you are a bit spread out, but you all will be in that general local.

Once the Quick combat is done, and any thing else folks want to do... Like get the TW trapped chest open.

Assuming you all want to go through the rift when it opens to take out Soldad, just let me know and I will set the scene for you and you can discuss how you want to approach it. Also there will be some opportunities for RP in the realm you will be going to. Once I know how you want to approach the assault, I will ask for one of the players to roll kn:battle this result will determine how advantageous of a position you are in once the combat starts.

Also the end of the quarter is approaching, bennies will refresh, on July 1st, XP and EP awards will be available also. At that time I will also be awarding every player 2 additional bennies for exceptional role playing during the Silver Bluff scene. Any unused adventure deck cards ( dealt out from our 13th deck) will be lost, and we will re deal those.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Sorry for the delay. I had a lot of dirty laundries to take care of. Should be back to normal posting rate now.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

I guess the adventure cards I have saved expire at the end of the quarter. Bane, Cantrell, Markus, any advantage to me using my turncoat card on the hermit to get you some more info?
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Maximilian wrote:I guess the adventure cards I have saved expire at the end of the quarter. Bane, Cantrell, Markus, any advantage to me using my turncoat card on the hermit to get you some more info?
Ooooh things might get interesting. Let me know if you use it!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Sounds like a good idea!

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

+1
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Here hear! (Misspelled on purpose btw)
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Dooo eeeet!

Also, loving the fact that Cantrell is now our official "Bad Cop".
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

So much for rehabilitating my rep!

Also, I'm gonna play my "One more time with feeling" Adventure Deck card to pick up and use the Renown card Jude used earlier. If you're gonna have a rep, you might as well have a REP.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Cantrell wrote:So much for rehabilitating my rep!

Also, I'm gonna play my "One more time with feeling" Adventure Deck card to pick up and use the Renown card Jude used earlier. If you're gonna have a rep, you might as well have a REP.
Nice! Always great to have some Charisma :D

I have a card left that anyone can trade me for, if they haven't played a card yet and don't like any of the ones they hold. You are allowed to trade between players.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Jude, I think Libertas would go for the Hidden Stash; his Out of the Frying Pan card doesn't seem likely to come into play before the reshuffle.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Freemage wrote:Jude, I think Libertas would go for the Hidden Stash; his Out of the Frying Pan card doesn't seem likely to come into play before the reshuffle.
Cool. Go for it. I already played my one card, so Hidden Stash is yours :)
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Crazy old man is sad I tore his hut apart.
Serves you right for being a traitor. Can I squish him?
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Maximilian wrote:Crazy old man is sad I tore his hut apart.
He is at your mercy, lol...
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

So we have time for a couple things before nightfall.

What do we have left on our to-do list?

1. Libertas is itching to open that box. Jude now knows he has a key of some sort, if someone wants to bring it up to him.

2. Someone should take care of that demon heart under the tower.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Libertas managed to avoid hissing "Precioussss" as he asked for the key, but it was a near thing. :lol:
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Maximilian wrote:Crazy old man is sad I tore his hut apart.
You can. I'm sure you could easily get him with Nadine stomp and wash your hands (and Nadine's foot) of him.

But... should you? He's one of our best sources of information, and from what I can tell he is evil of the passive (banal, to use Hannah Arendt's term) sort, not an active perpetrator. He probably wouldn't pose much of a threat so long as adequately monitored, and in the meantime the information he provides could be of high utility.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Squishing is more fun, but I did burn a card to get info out of him. I guess I'll let him live...unless I pull a Cantrell and accidentally trigger Nadine's repeated stomp stomp stomp macro.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Maximilian wrote:Squishing is more fun, but I did burn a card to get info out of him. I guess I'll let him live...unless I pull a Cantrell and accidentally trigger Nadine's repeated stomp stomp stomp macro.
Just roll ten times and see if you crit fail :D
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Just roll ten times and see if you crit fail :D
I do NOT like those odds. Thanks anyway!
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Bane

Post by Bane »

Hey Libertas, Bane is still up river at the nexus.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Yes, and Libertas is of the opinion that they should wait until Bane gets back to help with the Demon Heart, because this sounds like something they might need a Master of Magic to fix. Now, if in the time it takes for Bane to return, Lib has enough time to run back and open a box, well, that's just efficient use of time, yeah? :lol:
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

So it seems like for team mystic baby, next up is:

A return to the cavern where the demonic heart(as well as the swirling red vortex, and the water collection for the TW well), and then Jude is going to find Thistle. How are you all getting there, easiest would be drop a rope at the ruined tower and climb down. You could climb up the waterfall but that is more difficult.
  • Thistle and the elderly elf are near the ruined tower.
  • this would put Libertas near the hidden chamber containing the skeletons and demonic heart
  • Jude would be at the ruined tower with thistle and elderly elf
  • Lucretia would be?
  • Other folks can join if it narrativly makes sense.
OOC Comments
I would heed Jude's warning... "You saw the gm pass him a secret note."
Bane
. Sent you a pm about the Layline, and did you ever name the elf that trained you?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

I have not given my mentor a name.
OOC Comments
Bane

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bane wrote:I have not given my mentor a name.
Ok well I'll go with Elderly Elf for as long as possible. But at some point he might need a name. :D
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

I vote for Elrond Hub, Bard.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Libertas Magicum wrote:I vote for Elrond Hub, Bard.
Elrond Hub sounds fine to me. Goes by Master Hub, if you call him Elrond he will turn you into something unnatural.

Bane thoughts?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Libertas, maybe a benny would help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you are out. If only I had kept Common Bond!

EDIT 2: Wait, did I miss something? Isn't it already on a haft from when the mystic knight corpse thing was using it?
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Lucretia wrote:Libertas, maybe a benny would help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you are out. If only I had kept Common Bond!

EDIT 2: Wait, did I miss something? Isn't it already on a haft from when the mystic knight corpse thing was using it?
If I goofed on that, sorry--I thought Jude described it as just the blade, needing to be mounted.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Yeah, the haft disintegrated when the knight did, leaving just the blade, to be attached to a new haft or bayonet style to a gun.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sweet pic! I forgot to give Libertas a benny, looks like he got a 4, good enough to get the gallant glaive mounted to a piece of the broken ladder lying on the floor of the cave.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Okay, so crude weapon is ready to go! Back to Zero Bennies for me!

And just so it's clear--Lib's plan is to use his Gauntlets to cast Lower Trait (Spirit) on himself and Raise Trait (Spirit) on Jude--since he's not going to resist the Lower Trait portion, he'll just need a simple success on that side, so he's good so long as there's no CritFails involved. Jude will get at least one, maybe two die-bumps to his Spirit die before swinging.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Sweet pic! I forgot to give Libertas a benny, looks like he got a 4, good enough to get the gallant glaive mounted to a piece of the broken ladder lying on the floor of the cave.
Heh. I was typing the bit about hte piping while you were typing this--I figured 'spare pipe' was good enough a mount for a one-time swing, but being hollow, it'll probably bend pretty quickly from the impact, so not something you'd want to go to battle with.

And I posted the TW rolls for the Raise/Lower Spirit effect. Libertas is at a d4 Spirit for the moment, Jude is at a 2-die bump. Just figured getting the rolls out htere would move things along a bit.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Dumb question. Why did you drop your own spirit in order to raise Jude's? Is that a function of the gauntlets having to do both at the same time?
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Maximilian wrote:Dumb question. Why did you drop your own spirit in order to raise Jude's? Is that a function of the gauntlets having to do both at the same time?
Yup--it's a trapping on the Gauntlets, approved when he was created. He casts both Boost and Lower at the same time, but with the downside that it has to affect the same Trait on both targets, the Lower Trait portion has to succeed before the Boost Trait portion will take effect, and he only gets a single Wild Die. On the upside, there's no MAP. So in a regular combat, he could do "Lower Fighting/Boost Fighting" on, say, Soledad and Lucretia simultaneously--she gets extra fighting oomph, he gets kicked in the Parry, all for one action.

OTOH, when there's no enemies around to tap for whatever it is you need, well, things get a bit tougher--someone has to be willing to be at the receiving end of the Lower Trait effect, and have the Trait in question.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

This is so exciting! Will he be trapped inside or will he break the orb. Since you are using an approprite weapon (magic rune weapon) no damage roll is needed. Jist the spirit roll. Good luck.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Question: Jude might try just blasting the thing from outside the room (in the door) with his rifle, just to be safe. He doesn't want to risk another Death Knight. Assuming that doesn't work and he needs to use the glaive? Or his vibrosword?
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jude Maverick wrote:Question: Jude might try just blasting the thing from outside the room (in the door) with his rifle, just to be safe. He doesn't want to risk another Death Knight. Assuming that doesn't work and he needs to use the glaive? Or his vibrosword?
You, Markus, or Cantrell going in with the glaive was the smart thing to do. Vibrosword and rifle would have no effect.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Silver Bluff”