The Deathdancer Bar

MJH
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

The Deathdancer Bar

Post by MJH »

Los Alamo, March 105 PA

The Deathdancer Bar is a little more crowded and louder than usual. The place is buzzing with the news that is being broadcasted throughout the Coalition States and borderlands. Once believed a rumor, it is now picking up steam as actually having some substance. The gist is as follows:

An army of Juicers is being assembled at the city of Newtown. Enhanced humans who agree to serve in the CS army for a term of two years will be given their room and board, a 1500 credit monthly salary, and, most importantly, the Prometheus Treatment, which "should" prolong their life spans by tenfold!

Hundreds of thousands of people hear the proclamation and the CS offer and rumors are already flying. Just here in the bar, you hear talk that it will add a hundred years to a Juicer’s lifespan and maybe even immortal. Juicer conversions are up because some are doing it just for the potential to be immortal. Other stories claim that it is just a CS plot to gather Juicers together for extermination–this isn’t widely believed as the CS has started to add to its forces already.

Instructions

Open RP on what brings you to Los Alamo, the Deathdancer Bar, and the rowdy bunch (other players) that you now happen to share a table with.
Naabaahii

Re: The Deathdancer Bar

Post by Naabaahii »

Krieg has been on the road for 6 hours as he races on his hover bike towards Los Alamos. He is sure to find this as a crossroads for Juicers everywhere heeding the CS’s call for contracting juicers for whatever Cluster F$$k they were planning now. I hate the CS but they pay well and they are promising the Juicer dream of the Prometheus treatment, he thinks as the outline of Los Alamos grew larger in the distance. Either the CS is stupid enough to raise an entire army of Juicers then piss them off by not following through with their promises, or this is the chance to get the treatment every Juicer dreamed of. Krieg isn’t even sure how they would react to the prospect of letting him sign on. He is considered a feral kill cat. Technically the CS is supposed to capture him and terminate or return him. But he is an almost 14’ Titan Armored & Juiced juggernaut. The few patrols he ever crossed tracks with who were able to determine his nature came to the most intelligent conclusion that trying to collect the bounty wasn’t worth what would be a very short and painful existence.

As he makes his way into town he makes a b-line for the Deathdancer. He is hungry and thirsty. He is ready stretch his legs. He pulls his hovercraft into a parking space. He dismounts his bike. He opens the storage compartment and removes his helmet, with a hiss as the EBA decompresses and disengages. His scared lion face is is reveled as his mane blows in the wind. He places his helmet into the compartment. He then removes his Vibroclawed gauntlets revealing his naturally clawed hands. He lays the gauntlets into the compartment. He closes it and locks it. He walks to the door while engaging the security system. The two Titan Juicer Bouncers at the door look up at him and their eyes do not show concern as squats, opens the doors, and squeezes his way though. He finds a table close to the wall. He removes the chair closest to to the wall and slides it closer to another chair at the table. He sits on the floor with his back against the wall. He looks at one of the waitresses and catches their attention. In a deelp gruff almost growling voice he says, “Pitcher of beer and whatever food you got.” He sits looking around the bar taking in all the colorful characters.
Naabaahii
Wounds: 3/3
ISP: 10/10
Bennies: 2/3
Parry: 7
Toughness: 19 (6)

Ak'is
Parry: 4
Toughness: 10

Dzeel
Parry: 6
Toughness: 11
Severin
Daniel (Lars)
Location: "I don't care who's right-Let's go kill something."

Post by Severin »

Eying the main room of the Deathdancer the mega juicer is just one in a toxic environment full of juicers. The only thing that could make this gathering of juicy killers look mellow would be if everyone in here was a fruitcake Crazie with those brain warping implants. He shuttered at the thought.

It was loud. A room full of alpha killers all squeezed into the most famous of Juicer Bars. At least he wouldn’t be noticed and there was definitely no law enforcement in here.

The Juicer standing at the bar next to him spoke louder, again: “I said ain’t you Burn Santos? The Tank O’ Juice* who mutilated them CS boys who were…”

“Nope.”

Grabbing the whiskey bottle off the counter Burn turned and looked around the room. One table had just one occupant so far. He took up the lions share of the table but hell, there was still room to sit. Taking a second bottle he walked through the sea of drugs and booze filled meat bags and made his way to the table.

Burn pulled a chair out to sit but before doing so he nodded at the big cat and said, “Hey Big’Un*, unless you’re expecting company to fill these here empty seats I’d like to sit here. I ain’t inna mood to kill right now so just say no if you’re a grumpy cat. I got an extra bottle…to share. Don’t remember ever seeing you before. I am Burn.”

* Tank O’ Juice, and Big’Un: see Juicer Lexicon in my Signature.
Severin

Severin =WIP

Old info about character Burn

Burn the Juice!r

“I don’t care who’s right - let’s go kill something!”
~ Burn Santos, Mega Juicer
  • Juicer Lexicon
  • Achy Breaky: A nonnal human being, as in: "Two achy­ breakys got in my way, so I greased them." Also see Meat Boy, and Squishy.
  • Big'Un: Titan Juicers, or any Juicer who is over seven feet tall.
  • Black Lobsters: Nickname for Coalition troops, especially those in original Dead Boy armor.
  • Checking Out: Dying, usually from the side effects of the Juicer process.
  • The Deathdance Saga: Series of pre-Rifts novels about the adventures of Julian Amici, a Juicer secret agent. Still in print, circulating (illegally) in the Coalition States and (legally) in Ish­peming, Kingsdale, the Lazlo republics and other parts of the world.
  • Doing a Juice: Getting away with something, usually a criminal act; originates in the Julian Amici novels.
  • Doing a Double-J: An impressive, death-defying feat or es­cape worthy of the fictional super-spy Julian Amici.
  • Getting Juiced: Getting the Juicer augmentation to become a Juicer.
  • Grease: To kill or destroy.
  • Grease Spot: A corpse that has been mangled by M.D. weap­ons, especially explosives or plasma weapons.
  • Julian Amici, Juicer (a.k.a. J.A., Deathdancer, the Dou­ble-J): Fictional character in a popular series of pre-Rifts novels, The Deathdance Saga, that survived the Great Cataclysm and are still published in such places as New Lazlo and Ishpeming. Also, a nickname for a tough guy: "Hey, you must be some sort of Deathdancer" or "Who do you think you are, the Double-J?"
  • Juiced: As in, "Be careful, he 's juiced," means a juicer or someone high and empowered by drugs.
  • Last Call: The last year of a Juicer's life, usually plagued with symptoms of his upcoming death.
  • Meat Boy/Girl: Normal, non-augmented human or D-bee. Also see Achy Breaky, Squishy.
  • Moron Boy/Girl: Juicer wannabe, anybody who admires and tries to emulate Juicers.
  • The Process: Juicer conversion. Becoming a Juicer is referred to as "going through the process."
  • Squishy: Normal human.
  • Squishy in a Hard Shell: A human in M.D.C. body armor.
  • Tank or Tank 0 ' Juice: A supernatural M.D.C. creature or person. M.D.C. Juicers (Mega-Juicers and Dragon Juicers mostly) are known as Tanks 0' Juice.
  • Wannabe: Anybody who admires Juicers and pretends to be one.
Naabaahii

Post by Naabaahii »

Burn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:20 am
Eying the main room of the Deathdancer the mega juicer is just one in a toxic environment full of juicers. The only thing that could make this gathering of juicy killers look mellow would be if everyone in here was a fruitcake Crazie with those brain warping implants. He shuttered at the thought.

It was loud. A room full of alpha killers all squeezed into the most famous of Juicer Bars. At least he wouldn’t be noticed and there was definitely no law enforcement in here.

The Juicer standing at the bar next to him spoke louder, again: “I said ain’t you Burn Santos? The Tank O’ Juice* who mutilated them CS boys who were…”

“Nope.”

Grabbing the whiskey bottle off the counter Burn turned and looked around the room. One table had just one occupant so far. He took up the lions share of the table but hell, there was still room to sit. Taking a second bottle he walked through the sea of drugs and booze filled meat bags and made his way to the table.

Burn pulled a chair out to sit but before doing so he nodded at the big cat and said, “Hey Big’Un*, unless you’re expecting company to fill these here empty seats I’d like to sit here. I ain’t inna mood to kill right now so just say no if you’re a grumpy cat. I got an extra bottle…to share. Don’t remember ever seeing you before. I am Burn.”

* Tank O’ Juice, and Big’Un: see Juicer Lexicon in my Signature.
Krieg looks at the veteran Merc, "I ain't gonna stop you, from sittin' or killin'. No company coming. Most Juicer's wont work with me. don't want the attention of a Feral Kill Cat. I guess more accurately they want attention they don't normally get partnering with me. Name's Krieg. I am known for killin' 3 things. Furniture, the roominess of vehicles, and CS mooks stupid enough to try to collect my bounty. You on your way to Newtown?"
Naabaahii

Ak'is

Dzeel
Severin
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Severin »

Rubbing at his beard absently Burn leaned back in his chair and glanced around the Deathdancer.

Juicers of every kind, a few pathetic wannabes, all gathered in the hopes of escaping Last Call. Some were dangerously close to it he saw. He could see ol’Dred at a table across the room. That old codger would probably f-it all up for everyone tonight. His eyes burned hot behind his dark sunglasses. Rumor was Dred had been in Last Call for two years. Somehow he was pulling a Double-J and was still alive. Supposedly he was in real good with the JAL.

Burn was glad to be as far from him as possible. The JAL had originally appealed to Burn, but up until now he hadn’t felt ready to join an army. He wasn’t really sure if he was now. Seeing what them Black Lobsters had allegedly come up with had proved too interesting to not come see. Eternal life Burn called BS on. Extended life. Believable.

Regardless, there was sure to be some interesting hijinks a foot.

Returning his attention to the large cat, Burn smiled. It looked sinister on him, but he was trying to be… nice.

“Gud ta meet ya Krieg. I ain’t look’n f’no attention.”

Burn chuckles.

“With you on greasing black lobsters. Them CS boys got no respect for anyone not like them. F dat.”

He drops the chair back into all fours and takes a drink from his bottle.

“Yeah I’m ‘eaded t’Newton. Got an itch to see what the ruckus is all about. Regardless if the treatment is real, it’s sure ta be a real treat see’n w’as up.”

Looking at the big kill cat he continues.

“If’n these wannabes ain’t smart ‘nuf ta see you as what you are… an extra big big’n o’ kill juice f’em. I’d be glad ta tag long wid cha if’n ya go’n t’Newtown.”

Burn knocks back another pull of whiskey from the bottle.
Severin

Severin =WIP

Burn the Juice!r

• Juicer Lexicon
  • Achy Breaky: A nonnal human being, as in: "Two achy­ breakys got in my way, so I greased them." Also see Meat Boy, and Squishy.
  • Black Lobsters: Nickname for Coalition troops, especially those in original Dead Boy armor.
  • The Deathdance Saga: Series of pre-Rifts novels about the adventures of Julian Amici, a Juicer secret agent. Still in print, circulating (illegally) in the Coalition States and (legally) in Ish­peming, Kingsdale, the Lazlo republics and other parts of the world.
  • Doing a Juice: Getting away with something, usually a criminal act; originates in the Julian Amici novels.
  • Doing a Double-J: An impressive, death-defying feat or es­cape worthy of the fictional super-spy Julian Amici.
  • Grease Spot: A corpse that has been mangled by M.D. weap­ons, especially explosives or plasma weapons.
  • Julian Amici, Juicer (a.k.a. J.A., Deathdancer, the Dou­ble-J): Fictional character in a popular series of pre-Rifts novels, The Deathdance Saga, that survived the Great Cataclysm and are still published in such places as New Lazlo and Ishpeming. Also, a nickname for a tough guy: "Hey, you must be some sort of Deathdancer" or "Who do you think you are, the Double-J?"
  • Juiced: As in, "Be careful, he 's juiced," means a juicer or someone high and empowered by drugs.
  • Last Call: The last year of a Juicer's life, usually plagued with symptoms of his upcoming death.
  • Meat Boy/Girl: Normal, non-augmented human or D-bee. Also see Achy Breaky, Squishy.
  • Moron Boy/Girl: Juicer wannabe, anybody who admires and tries to emulate Juicers.
  • The Process: Juicer conversion. Becoming a Juicer is referred to as "going through the process."
  • Tank or Tank 0 ' Juice: A supernatural M.D.C. creature or person. M.D.C. Juicers (Mega-Juicers and Dragon Juicers mostly) are known as Tanks 0' Juice.
Naabaahii

Post by Naabaahii »

Burn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:03 pm
“If’n these wannabes ain’t smart ‘nuf ta see you as what you are… an extra big big’n o’ kill juice f’em. I’d be glad ta tag long wid cha if’n ya go’n t’Newtown.”[/b]

Burn knocks back another pull of whiskey from the bottle.
Krieg raise his pitcher of beer he is drinking from like it is a tea cup to Burn. "To Immortality or a bunch of Dead F$$king CS pieces of Dog Boy s%%t." He takes a swig and looks at Burn, "I have been told I am the 'Greatest Titan Juicer to ever walk the Earth'. At least that is what one guy said when I told him to tell me that or I would break his legs. I mean he had to know I was going to break his legs anyway, so I would like to think he meant it a little. Only about year since I was juiced and I am already being told I am one of the greatest. I think that is pretty impressive. How long since you were juiced?"
Naabaahii

Ak'is

Dzeel
Severin
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Severin »

Burn nods as the kill cat tells his story. He chuckles at the end.

“I’m sure da meat boy meant it. You are the biggest I’ve seen. Once saw a female, who worked with a MERC group called da valkyries. Now dat’un was easy twelve feet tall. Recon ya got height on ‘er.”

A sip of whiskey.

“I got nearly greased by a squishy inna hard shell. Bout two years ago I figure it was. Fancy pant’s shiny Cyber Knight an ‘is crew. So I figured I’d spend my creds on the Process. Upgrade. See how it was ta go a second time with that crew. As I’m breathing, recon you can sort the outcome.”

Burn grins.

“Say one thing for ‘em Cyber Knights. Say they got some real juice in ‘em. Knowing that I popped for an upgrade. Tank’d up an went Mega.”

Eyeing the empty inside of the bottle the beefy juicer set the brown bottle on the table with a sigh.

“Might hafta dial down the juice an’ give the sauce a chance. Ain’t feeling a thing.”
Severin

Severin =WIP

Burn the Juice!r

• Juicer Lexicon
Cooper Graves

Post by Cooper Graves »

Just arriving in Los Alamos he hitched a ride with some farmers, protecting them as payment for a ride to Los Alamos. The farmer’s daughter was pretty, but Cooper has more important things then love struck girls. She seemed to understand. Her speed to get him on his way to his destiny must mean she understands the needs of the heroic. Heroes have a destiny larger than life and now that there is a treatment to extend his life, his heroing can go on even longer. All he has to do is stick to the plan. Make lots of cash, detox, and spend the cash on even more powerful MOM enhancements.

Cooper knows the Coalition is involved with the enhancement treatment but he still can’t come to terms with completely not trusting them. They use the skull image just like his hero The Punisher! Entertainment is tough out in the wilderness, the time capsule from 1999 with it’s Power Ranger videos and Punisher comic books where all he had to entertain himself. When they first arrived in his commune they looked tough and wore the skull design just like Frank Castle. He knew they must be heroes. Then they executed the D-Bee families. He wasn’t sure how to feel about that. The families where i
His friends but the men with skull helmets where heroes. Since then he tried to avoid them, and the conflicting feelings it raised, but now they have something he needs.

Standing outside the Death Dance bar he nods to the bouncers. “Gentlemen.” Cooper nods and strolls in with swagger. Behind him the bouncers laugh under their breathe and whisper. (“That one won’t be coming back out alive.” The other guard nods. “30/70 he’s shot in the balls.”)

Cooper looks around the bar and observes the rowdy ruckus if Juicers and mercenaries. This is the place. He got to Los Alamos by pig hauler but getting to Newtown and the Coalition Outpost. He’s going to need to hitch a ride with some fellow juicers.

Out of the corner of his eye sees fate beckoning. The giant cat in the corner. Lion Mega Zord!

Cooper walks up the table. “How’s it going. Mind if I join?” He slides a chair towards the table and waves a server over. “Back home the newest to the table buys a round, so next round is one me.” Cooper half smiles. Those cowboy movies were totally worth binge watching.
Severin
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Severin »

Burn pushes a chair out from the table with his foot.

“You’re paying? You’re welcome. Haf a seat ma’ man. Welcome to the Deathdancer.

Got a name bub?

Dis ‘er is Krieg an I’m Burn.”
Severin

Severin =WIP

Burn the Juice!r

• Juicer Lexicon
Naabaahii

Post by Naabaahii »

Cooper Graves wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:53 pm “How’s it going. Mind if I join?” He slides a chair towards the table and waves a server over. “Back home the newest to the table buys a round, so next round is one me.” Cooper half smiles.
Is he wearing Combat Mage Armor … that’s different. Does he even lift?
Burn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:06 pm
Burn pushes a chair out from the table with his foot.

“You’re paying? You’re welcome. Haf a seat ma’ man. Welcome to the Deathdancer.

Got a name bub?

Dis ‘er is Krieg an I’m Burn.”
When introduced he raises his giant clawed hand in a wave.
Naabaahii

Ak'is

Dzeel
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Man the Deathdancer is hopin!

Axel loves Los Alamo. It's his favourite spot on the JFL circuit and the Deathdancer his favourite bar. Tonight was different though, no one cared much about the JFL game this week, or the Murderthon tournament, all the talk was about the Coalition and the Prometheus treatment. Axel wasn't too sure how he felt about that. People thinking about the skulls instead of him.

Muscling his way through the crowd, stopping to slap a few backs, and press the flesh with some fans he finally reaches the bar and gets his regular cocktail - a little blend of narcotics that interact with his biocomp stuff in pleasant ways. Feeling small next to a lion man and a mega he grins.

"You boys need to be on my o-line. I can hook you up, better than this mess with the deadheads."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Naabaahii

Post by Naabaahii »

Axel Krowe wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:43 pm "You boys need to be on my o-line. I can hook you up, better than this mess with the deadheads."

“It’s THE Axel Krowe. Holy S!!t. Of course you can drink with us. According to the new guy new person to the table buys a round. It’s an honor, Krieg extends a hand. I don’t think the JFL will let me sign up. But thanks for the offer. We are all here heading to NewTown for the CS thing. You here for a game?”
Naabaahii

Ak'is

Dzeel
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Krieg Morand wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:01 pm “It’s THE Axel Krowe. Holy S!!t. Of course you can drink with us. According to the new guy new person to the table buys a round. It’s an honor, Krieg extends a hand. I don’t think the JFL will let me sign up. But thanks for the offer. We are all here heading to NewTown for the CS thing. You here for a game?”
Axels smiles at the recognition and swaggers to the table and takes a seat, buying a round is no problem. Sometimes he even got a few comps in this place.

"Nice to meet a fan! Yeah here for a game, last one of the season though. So now I'm just kinda bored. And, for what it's worth *I* think you should play in the league. What they hell do looks matter when everyone is dialed up to 11 anyway. People would pay good money to see you rip shit up. There are some Murderthons that would let you in. Man, I should put a team in one of those sometime."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Naabaahii

Post by Naabaahii »

Axel Krowe wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:55 am
Krieg Morand wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:01 pm “It’s THE Axel Krowe. Holy S!!t. Of course you can drink with us. According to the new guy new person to the table buys a round. It’s an honor, Krieg extends a hand. I don’t think the JFL will let me sign up. But thanks for the offer. We are all here heading to NewTown for the CS thing. You here for a game?”
Axels smiles at the recognition and swaggers to the table and takes a seat, buying a round is no problem. Sometimes he even got a few comps in this place.

"Nice to meet a fan! Yeah here for a game, last one of the season though. So now I'm just kinda bored. And, for what it's worth *I* think you should play in the league. What they hell do looks matter when everyone is dialed up to 11 anyway. People would pay good money to see you rip shit up. There are some Murderthons that would let you in. Man, I should put a team in one of those sometime."
"I made an inquiry once. The recruiter said the game isn't any fun if the Quarterback can hand the ball to the running back and then throw the running back into the endzone. Not to mention the sheer number of running backs we would end up going through." He laughs at his own joke. "Murderthons sound like a fun retirement plan. I will look into it after I get the Prometheus treatment when I am done with this CS thing."
Naabaahii

Ak'is

Dzeel
Cooper Graves

Post by Cooper Graves »

(To the Table)

“My name Cooper Graves.”

(Catching up to Axel Krowe sitting at the table.)

“Axel Krowe? I’ll buy you two drinks!”

Cooper recovers from his awe struck stupor. And tries to take a big swig of his drink. Only resulting in a coughing fit. Holding one’s liquer is no problem for a juicer but he never quite figured out how to pound his beers like a frat boy.

Cough. Cough. “So are you just here for the game?”
Severin
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Severin »

Burn’s normally stoic face changed into a shite eating grin as the JFL icon spoke with the others.

Letting the others talk the tank pulled open his small pack that he kept on him. Most of Burn’s possessions were stored in a locker at the Los Alamos Roadhouse where he had a room. But some things one just never let out of their sight. Rummaging in the pack he pulled out a sports shirt.

Pushing aside bottles and glasses the mega juicer brushed the area clean and laid the shirt down on the table carefully.

It was one of the first fan replicas printed of Axel Krowe’s players shirt.

In a little too excited voice which Burn quickly deepened, he stated: ”Would be’ah great bit ‘preciated if’n yud sign it Mr. Krowe.”

” ‘ave a seat Graves. There’s room. Damn this place is gettin packed.”

Burn returns to trying to signal one of the waiters to bring more drinks.
Severin

Severin =WIP

Burn the Juice!r

• Juicer Lexicon
Cooper Graves

Post by Cooper Graves »

Cooper looks at the shirt laid out on the table and gets a brilliant idea. “I have an idea. My friends and I used to get so pumped after watching a game, we would grab what ever football or baseballs we could find and see who could hit the CS gate house from the roof of a near by building. We need to get a bunch of footballs and throw them into the CS guard station! You know, see who can hit the station from the furthest out.”

(Dear GM, this game may end quickly.)

Return to “Two a Day Workouts (Open RP)”