Facade (Vigilantes)

Our intrepid anti-heroes
Facade

Facade (Vigilantes)

Post by Facade »

Facade
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 6 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 7 (2) or 12 (2) (½ Vigor+2 plus armor)

Skills (15)
Athletics 1d8 (2)
Common Knowledge 1d4
Notice 1d6 (1)
Persuasion 1d8 (2)
Stealth 1d6 (1)
Focus 1d8/1d12 (3)
Performance 1d8 (3)
Fighting 1d8 (3)

Language:
English 1d8
Spanish 1d6
Chinese 1d6
Russian 1d6

Edges
Human - Acrobat
Hind - +1d Spirit
Hind - +1d Agility
Hind - Combat Acrobat
Nov1 - Linguist
Nov2 - Freerunner
Nov3 - Martial Artist

Hindrances
- Overconfident`
- Secret Identity
- Vengeful (minor)
- Suspicious (minor)

Assassin Form 26/7 - "A wolf that blends in with the flock"
Malleable shape
Chameleon 3 (Biometrics, biometrics requires touch) 5 - Facade's cells have two sets of genes, one of which can be edited and expressed in real time; with a genetic 'sample' obtained by physical contact with tissue, she can even imitate traits like fingerprints and retinal vein patterns
Super Edges: (Attractive, Very Attractive) 4 - Can vary appearance to gain the advantage of stunning good looks
Super Skill (Focus +2d) 2 - Instinctive mastery of shapechanging and neural infiltration abilities

Neural Infiltration
Mind Reading (Strong, Requires Touch, Memory Mastery) 6 - Facade extends nerve cells into another person via touch and interfaces with their nervous system
Mind Control (Strong, Requires Touch, Contingent On Mind Reading) 5 - If this connection succeeds, she can potentially override signals from the subject's brain

Alien Physiology
Environmental Resistance: Mental 1 - Facade's mind and nervous system are fundamentally different now, and difficult for telepaths to make sense of
Immune to Poison/Disease 2 - Contantly changing and adapting, her body reacts and isolates toxins and pathogens almost immediately
Low Light Vision 1 -

Warrior Form 26/7 - "Abandon the shackles of the human"
Semi-solid
Altered Form 2 - In this state Facade's vital functions are distributed through her volume, and maintains shape through density variations rather than a skeleton making her resistant to blunt trauma
Toughness (+4) 4 - Physical damage tends to punch through, doing much less damage than it should
Regeneration (24 hrs, Regrowth) 4 - These relatively undifferentiated cells can be replaced en masse from anywhere in her body

Monstrous Bruiser
Growth (+1 size, +1 toughness, +1d Str) 3
Melee Attack (+3d6 AP2) 7 - Facade can manifest a variety of 'natural' weapons, such as claws, spines, bony mauls or hammers, as needed
Leap (2" up 4" long) 1 - Muscle mass distribution can be altered, giving her legs enhanced strength and elasticity
Wall Walker 1 - Her outer layer can 'spread' on contact, increasing surface area and friction; even secreting a mild adhesive if necessary

Alien Physiology
Environmental Resistance: Mental 1 - Facade's mind and nervous system are fundamentally different now, and difficult for telepaths to make sense of
Immune to Poison/Disease 2 - Contantly changing and adapting, her body reacts and isolates toxins and pathogens almost immediately
Low Light Vision 1 -

Cash: 550

Equipment:
Commlink, 1 mile range, $100

Weapons
Stun Grenade, 5/10/20, LBT Vigor (-2 with raise on Athletics) or Stunned, $100

Armor
Bodysuit, +2 armor, 8lbs, Free (patron) - Works with powers
Last edited by Facade on Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Facade

Re: SPC Vigilantes - Facade

Post by Facade »

"No, I'm not going to tell you my 'real' name. It's not important to what this is about. What you need to know is that I was in the first...wave, I guess you could say, of the changed. I was literally on stage when it happened. When it took hold of me. One second I'm standing there, waiting for my mark. The next I've completely lost control of my body, and I'm sort of collapsing into...I guess you could say it was like a pile? A puddle? Sort of a human-sized lump of pudding, basically."

"It took me...a couple of weeks to figure out how to grow bones again. Muscles. Organs. In the meantime, I was in some kind of isolated containment thing, and having scientists jabbing me and cutting bits off of me, and that wasn't helping me concentrate on what was happening. Finally I managed to cobble together a mouth and windpipe and set of lungs so I could ask them to stop. Well...'ask.' Beg maybe. Plead."

"So, from a tank I got moved to a cell. By that time I could rebuild myself enough to walk, but I was still weak. Sluggish. I had to relearn everything about how to move, and do it while also concentrating on keeping my bones from melting down. In hindsight, that turned out to be in my favor though. They weren't afraid of me. You know...like they should have been."

"It took another week or so before the scientists came back with a whole new slate of tests. Now that they knew I wasn't just some kind of...byproduct, the experiments got intense. And in between getting my tissues sampled and regeneration rate measured, I had interrogation after interrogation. Who was I? What had happened? What did I want? See...some of them thought I was some kind of alien infiltrator. That's how much I changed. Thank god, by that time I'd already learned I couldn't trust them. So I never gave them my name, never demanded to see my parents, my friends. From the questions, they knew I'd been someone on the set, but not exactly who. The joy of being an extra, amirite?"

"I didn't cooperate though, and after awhile they seemed to give up. They had me, after all. And I think by that time it was becoming clear that whatever had happened to me had also happened to people all over the place...so the alien infiltrator theory went out the window, and they started seeing me as somewhere between 'unfortunate casualty' and 'opportunity for further study' instead of a potential threat. I had other plans."

"At night, I practiced for hours refining my control over my body. During the day, I stayed sort of...droopy and loose on my bones. Unrecognizable from my real form, but also clumsy and slow and nonthreatening. As long as they thought that was the extent of what I could do, I figured I had a chance. But under the covers, in the dark, I learned how to look totally normal again...and how to copy how other people looked. I had the bare bones of a plan to try to run away, clobber my door guard once we were in a camera blind spot, steal his clothes, and then try to get away looking like him. And it was a dumb plan, really dumb. Because he'd still be on the floor in his undies, right? I had no way to get rid of that. And these guards, they're constantly checking in with the security office with little codes and stuff. I'd have gotten like, five steps before they had me...and once they knew what I could do, I'd be off to maximum security for sure. Fortunately, I knew it wasn't enough. So...I waited. And I kept experimenting."

"The breakthrough came when I realized I could do MORE than be human again. Controlling my body, down the cells, means I can do some funky things with those cells. Like...how about extend nerves out through my fingertips? Not weird gross things...just really really fine fibers, almost like hairs. They just weave into someone's skin, growing right into it. Inside, they tangle up with the nerves in the other person's body, and..."

"...anyway, figuring out how to do that was not easy. I had the idea for it, I figured out how to grow them, but I figured I'd only get one chance to test it. But there was this one scientist who liked getting 'handsy' during the physicals. I don't know why, I was pretty hideous at that time...intentionally so...but I guess he was into it? Anyway, the second his hand was on my shoulder, I grew the nerves out. They felt kind of like spiderwebs to him. Sort of sticky, like velcro. He was about to yank his hand back, but I didn't let him."

"It's weird to think about...how easy controlling him was. His body felt like MY body. I could move his arm, his fingers, like I had four arms, twenty fingers. His face, my face. Lungs. Heart. And I could feel his fear, his panic. He didn't know what was happening, and he was trying to think about the reports and the studies...and I had a ringside seat. What's more, I could make him think of things, remember things. His nervous system was just tied into mine. I don't know why I had so much control and he had so little."

"So immediately, I had a new plan. A much better plan. In particular when I realized I could make him suppress memories. Like, say, memories of being completely under my control for a minute or two while I explored his memories. And, through it all, the cameras just saw him put a hand on my shoulder and stand still for maybe an oddly long time, then resume the tests like nothing happened."

"I'm not going into detail about how I escaped. Again, it doesn't matter. I'm sure even a little imagination can work out the broad strokes of what I did. The important part is that I was there. I saw how the whole 'mutant control board' got its start, right at the beginning. Back when it was just some dregs from the FBI with NSA and civilian support. These days they've learned a bit from their hard lessons. They have a nicer public face, and they like to seem reasonable and genuinely concerned for the well being of the changed. It's all a lie though. Those cells are still there, and the tests still go on. Anyone who, for any reason or none, seems threatening, will wind up in those sublevels sooner or later."

"I'm changed. There's a lot of people who say I'm not even human anymore. That sounds like an excuse to me. If I'm not human, then I have no human rights. They can keep me, experiment on me, profit off of me, and my consent or lack of it means nothing. Or they can, you know, just kill me. That's the world they want to live in."

"I have other plans."
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Facade wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:59 am Facade
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 6 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 7 (2) or 12 (2) (½ Vigor+2 plus armor)

Skills (15)
Athletics 1d8 (2)
Common Knowledge 1d4
Notice 1d6 (1)
Persuasion 1d8 (2)
Stealth 1d6 (1)
Focus 1d8/1d12 (3)
Performance 1d8 (3)
Fighting 1d8 (3)

Language:
English 1d8
Spanish 1d6
Chinese 1d6
Russian 1d6

Edges
Human - Acrobat
Hind - +1d Spirit
Hind - +1d Agility
Hind - Combat Acrobat
Nov1 - Linguist
Nov2 - Freerunner
Nov3 - Martial Artist

Hindrances
- Overconfident`
- Secret Identity
- Vengeful (minor)
- Suspicious (minor)

Assassin Form 26/7 - "A wolf that blends in with the flock"
Malleable shape
Chameleon 3 (Biometrics, biometrics requires touch) 5 - Facade's cells have two sets of genes, one of which can be edited and expressed in real time; with a genetic 'sample' obtained by physical contact with tissue, she can even imitate traits like fingerprints and retinal vein patterns
Super Edges: (Attractive, Very Attractive) 4 - Can vary appearance to gain the advantage of stunning good looks
Super Skill (Focus +2d) 2 - Instinctive mastery of shapechanging and neural infiltration abilities

Neural Infiltration
Mind Reading (Strong, Requires Touch, Memory Mastery) 6 - Facade extends nerve cells into another person via touch and interfaces with their nervous system
Mind Control (Strong, Requires Touch, Contingent On Mind Reading) 5 - If this connection succeeds, she can potentially override signals from the subject's brain

Alien Physiology
Immune to Poison/Disease 2 - Constantly changing and adapting, her body reacts and isolates toxins and pathogens almost immediately
Low Light Vision 1 -

Warrior Form 26/7 - "Abandon the shackles of the human"
Semi-solid
Altered Form 2 - In this state Facade's vital functions are distributed through her volume, and maintains shape through density variations rather than a skeleton making her resistant to blunt trauma
Toughness (+4) 4 - Physical damage tends to punch through, doing much less damage than it should
Regeneration (24 hrs, Regrowth) 4 - These relatively undifferentiated cells can be replaced en masse from anywhere in her body

Monstrous Bruiser
Growth (+1 size, +1 toughness, +1d Str) 3
Melee Attack (+3d6 AP2) 7 - Facade can manifest a variety of 'natural' weapons, such as claws, spines, bony mauls or hammers, as needed
Leap (2" up 4" long) 1 - Muscle mass distribution can be altered, giving her legs enhanced strength and elasticity
Wall Walker 1 - Her outer layer can 'spread' on contact, increasing surface area and friction; even secreting a mild adhesive if necessary

Alien Physiology
Immune to Poison/Disease 2 - Constantly changing and adapting, her body reacts and isolates toxins and pathogens almost immediately
Low Light Vision 1 -

Cash: 550

Equipment:
Commlink, 1 mile range, $100

Weapons
Stun Grenade, 5/10/20, LBT Vigor (-2 with raise on Athletics) or Stunned, $100

Armor
Bodysuit, +2 armor, 8lbs, Free (patron) - Works with powers

Still nice, well built, but not game breaking murder machine I like it.

Note: "Constantly" is the correct spelling.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Naabaahii

Post by Naabaahii »

I love and fear every aspect of this concept. The fact we don't know her true form is unsettling, considering they could be anyone, and if you make them angry you will have a bad day for sure.
Naabaahii
Wounds: 3/3
ISP: 10/10
Bennies: 2/3
Parry: 7
Toughness: 19 (6)

Ak'is
Parry: 4
Toughness: 10

Dzeel
Parry: 6
Toughness: 11
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Approved
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

Return to “The Vigilantes”