Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

The Gate of Insanity

Post by Technospawn »

Desert Lake
13th April 110 PA
11:59pm

On a prominent point that jutted out into the lake, several cultist chanted. The chanting rose in tempo and volume for several minutes. Until exactly at midnight the chanting suddenly ended and the night went eerily silent. Then a very large ley line sprouted from the center of the lake and shot into the sky. Within seconds a ley line had rushed from the south to meet the one shooting from the lake straight into the air. Then another lay line shot in from the north. Then a final one from the southwest. The nexus that formed was massive and it was getting larger.

The water's surface began to boil then a whirpool formed. It continued to grow in size and soon out paced the size of the nexus. It felt like it took forever but within a few minutes the whirpool reach across the whole lake west to east. Then the chant resumed. "He comes. The great ones comes again."

In what appeared to be a choregraphed event, all of the cultist slit their own throats and threw themselves into the pool. Then It rose from the water's surface.
cthulhu.jpg
Battle Map
The Tomorrow Legion is on a barge in the lake right in front of Cthullu.
The Federation in on a point jutting into the lake on the west side of the lake.
The CS is on the shore on east side of the lake.

Cthullu (wild card)
Size = 14
Toughness = 58 (30)
Wounds = 6
Parry = 6
Edges of note = Hardy, unstoppable, single-minded
Everyone needs to roll fear -4

This is a tactical combat.
  1. I will deal initiative cards and we will resolve any edges or bennies for new cards. After all cards are resolved the final initiative order will be determined. The order will be first players, enemy, last players unless the enemy rolls lower or higher than all players. As always Jokers will get a +2 and may interrupt once I post for the enemy.
  2. Those players with cards higher than the enemy will go first. They will considered the first players and will share an initiative and post in any order.
  3. After a few days I will post the attacks for the enemy. Any players that did not go will be assumed to be on hold. If they wish to interrupt the enemy they need to roll athletics.
  4. The remaining players may then post their actions.
  5. After everyone has gone or 1 week I will post new cards. Anyone who did not go in the last round will start the new round on hold.

Initiative
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
  • Lowest card goes first
  • Quick rerolls 41 or higher
  • 1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
  • Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).

First Group
Henry d56: [2] = 2 JOKER
Zeth d56: [10] = 10 Zeth LH d56: [48] = 48
Zurathas d56: [12] = 12
Hero d56: [14] = 14

Cthullu d56: [15] = 15

Last Group
Runt d56: [16] = 16
Crystal d56: [16] = 16
vela d56: [18] = 18
Cyrus d56: [21] = 21
Persephone d56: [21] = 21
Marvin d56: [24] = 24
Setrakian d56: [25] = 25
Vroches ILH d56: [28] = 28 Vroches LH d56: [54] = 54 Vroches d56: [31] = 31
Eric d56: [32] = 32
Frida d56: [37] = 37
Mad Moe d56: [37] = 37
Jackson d56: [38] = 38
vikon d56: [40] = 40
watcher d56: [41] = 41
Parsons d56: [45] = 45
Bosco d56: [46] = 46
Checkers d56: [52] = 52
Jethro d56: [56] = 56

Note
  • EVERYONE GET A BENNIE FROM THE JOKER. All teams.
  • ALL CS are at a +2 to the fear check (Spirit) from Inspire/Henry
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: The Gate of Insanity

Post by Technospawn »

@Bosco spent a benny for a card.
New card is
Bosco benny d56: [45] = 45
GM Stuff
Initiative

[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Persephone »

In Second Group but rolling Fear to be prepared:
Heart Attack Averted, Persephone and Cerbie Fine in the face of the Kraken
Spirit 1d8!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0

Failed Fear 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24

Cerbie Spirit 1d8!!-4: [11!!]-4 = 7
Cerbie Wild 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0

3 EP for Brave Edge, 1 Benny for Reroll

Spirit Reroll 1d8!!-2: [12!!]-2 = 10
Wild Reroll 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Last edited by Persephone on Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 32/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8, Intimidation d4
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
S1: Elan (+ 2 on Benny Rerolls)
S2: Strength d8
S3: Fighting d8, Intimidation d4
S4: Gladiator (On raise can spend a bennie to get "The Drop" on opponent)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Fear Result, 9, Vulnerable
Fear (Brave Edge) 1d8!!-2 / 1d6!!-2: [3]-2+[5]-2 = 4
Benny Fear (Brave Edge) 1d8!!-2 / 1d6!!-2: [4]-2+[4]-2 = 4
Fear Table 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 - Vulnerable
Zeth looks at the being emerging from the lake and is taken aback, "I was really hoping to not see one of those again. Last time left quite a mark." He absent mindedly rubs an unseen wound and winces.

Then he looks upon the horror and opens his magical senses, "I will probably regret this more than the time I drank zembak hallucinogenic tequila and woke up next to a T'Zee. Probably."

Innate Action:
Spellcasting 1d10!! /1d6!!: [7]/[10!!] = 0.7
, 10, Success with a Raise.

Shrugging he grants everyone a
Spellcasting (Greater Smite. Additional Recipients) 1d10!! / 1d6!!: [6]+[5] = 11 , Benny Spellcasting (Greater Smite. Additional Recipients) 1d10!! / 1d6!!: [4]+[5] = 9 +3 PPE to add +6 AP
. Basic success, +4 (+4 to damaging powers from Nexus?), AP 6. Trapping phase weapons.

Knowing he is not one to fight this battle he
Occult 1d8!! /1d6!!: [5]/[4] = 1.25
. Perhaps something in their ritual can be severed or disrupted.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Coalition States Ranger
Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes
Force Recon 1

-4 but Brave and Joker , forgot joker in the rolls. 1d8!!-2: [6]-2 = 4 1d6!!-2: [10!!]-2 = 8

1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5 1d6!!: [2] = 2

All CS get a + 1 to Spirit rolls. Forgot joker and want higher.

Bennie
1d8!!+4: [4]+4 = 8 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Now +2!!!!!

Master Tactician
The Tactician now gets a total of two extra Action Cards to distribute each round.

2d56: [28, 55] = 83 neither worth giving out. The 28 being a club.

• The Coalition soldier dressed in matte black EBA armor with a camouflage pattern cloak stepped out of seemingly nowhere. He wears no markings of the Coalition and his armor is not Deadboy armor, his weapons not CS either, but something about his demeanor screams either CS or formerly.

Looking up at the massive beast bubbling up out of the lake and the eerie nexus point he shook his head and muttered, ”Wish I had brought my bbq pit. Fish dinner sounds good.”

The CS Ranger is either oblivious to the danger of the ginormous monster or just doesn’t care and has no fear left to give.

”Fan out you mooks! Take defensive positions and keep cover and concealment in mind, night optics active, ell-tee looks like we got some Legionnaires and Feddy-boys here.”

The Ranger lifts up a very large railgun and sights in on the massive monster.

In a louder voice he says, ”I reckon the enemy of my enemy and all that.”

@Setrakian Glancing over at a powerfully build Dragon Juicer from the Federation crew, Henry says: ”I see you big guy. Eye-frakking me - why don’t you turn that aggressive look towards the bigger beast. Show me you’re no coward. Show me what you got. Kill that thing!”

He spares a moment to nod at @Crystal Clad @Persephone and @Vela ”Ladies. Hello.”*

1d8+2 Shooting and 3d12+3, AP: 12 damage … here go’s and might finally use my Conviction! Plus 4 from its size.

Shooting 1d8!!+4+1d6!!: [6]+4+[3] = 13 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Damage Damage 3d12!!+3+1d6!!: [9, 8, 2]+3+[5] = 27
    Raise Damage die 1d12!!: [10] = 10

Grimes fires the electromagnetic railgun at the monster hitting it dead on (damage 37 MD 12 AP).

Lowering the gun a little he says, ”So yeah. That did nothing. Let me alter my orders a little…. Keep cover and concealment and stay behind the Legion n’ Feds because that mother is tough! Open fire. Don’t die!”

58 (30) Toughness
37 (12) Damage

58-12= 46

9 damage away still from hurting it. Yeah, one tough mother.

quirk: easy distracted by the fairer sex.
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers

Zurathas

Post by Zurathas »

Zurathas watches as the Horror of Old rises from the water.
Spirit vs Fear: 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
WD Spirit vs Fear: 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Benny Spirit: 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
Benny WD Spirit: 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
2nd Benny Spirit: 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
2nd Benny WD Spirit: 1d6!!-4: [14!!]-4 = 10
, his eyes light up at a challenge worthy of his efforts. Without hesitation, he roars with frightening intensity. The frills at his neck expand, adding to the intimidation. Leaping into the sky, he hurtles at the Old One.
"I'll add your skin to my hoard, slug!" Taking aim at the deity's massive head, the upstart hatchling delivers an utterly devastating

Fighting Right - Head Shot: 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
WD Right: 1d6!!+2: [32!!]+2 = 34
Damage Right with Raise AP 16: 1d12!!+3d12!!+1d6!!+3+8+4: [8]+[4, 11, 8]+[3]+3+8+4 = 49
Benny Damage Right: 1d12!!+3d12!!+1d6!!+3+8+4: [9]+[3, 22!!, 7]+[3]+3+8+4 = 59 = 4 wounds (5 if Weakness does at least 3 additional damage)
, gouging deep into Cthulhu's flesh. The sheer velocity of the strike throws off his next blow ever so slightly. Still, the immediate

Fighting Left - Head Shot: 1d8!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
WD Left: 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Benny Fighting Left: 1d8!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Benny WD Left: 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Damage Left: 1d12!!+3d12!!+3+8+4: [6]+[5, 1, 2]+3+8+4 = 29
Benny Damage Left: 1d12!!+3d12!!+3+8+4: [13!!]+[7, 3, 1]+3+8+4 = 39
2nd Benny Damage Left: 1d12!!+3d12!!+3+8+4: [2]+[22!!, 3, 10]+3+8+4 = 52 +4 for weakness = 3 wounds
leaves a mark that would rip any lesser being in two. "Puny god! Tremble before the might of Zurathas!"
Zurathas
Zurathas
Pace: 6; Parry: 6
Toughness: 38 (18 MDC)
Pertinent Edges: Major Psionic
Current Status Post
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Desert Lake
14th April 110 PA
Midnight
Round 1

Damage Mitigation Rolls.

Cthulhu roared an eerie alien screech that made everyone's mind recoil in horror. No mortal had ever hurt him and soon the puny lizard would pay.
The first blow bite deep but not quite as deep as @Zurathas had hoped.
Soak roll vs 4 wounds d12!!+4: [5]+4 = 9 Wild die d6!!: [3] = 3 takes 2 wounds but unstoppable reduces it to 1.

The next hit felt like it was a good hit but Cthulhu seamed unaffected.
soak roll vs 2 wounds d12!!+4: [5]+4 = 9 Wild die d6!!: [3] = 3

Response to @Zeth Towani occult roll.

As @Zeth Towani looked at the ritual location, he noticed a deep dark arcane aura pulsing from symbols on the ground. Although the cultist were all dead the spell was being feed by the symbols.

To close the rift is a dramatic task that requires 16 tokens. Allowed skills are occult -0, Power skill -2, science -3, smarts -4. The longer the rift is open the more elder beings that can come through.

@Zeth Towani's Exalted Detect Arcana Results
Cthulhu
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4 (A), Spirit d10, Strength d12+14, Vigor d12+4
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d8, Intimidation d10, Notice d6
Pace: 20; Parry: 6; Toughness: 58 (30) Size: 14
Edges: Berserk, Improved Frenzy
Special Abilities:
  • Armor +30: The monster has natural M.D.C. armor.
  • Claws/Bite: Str+2d12, AP 25, Mega Damage.
  • Fear (−4): So large and terrifying, the monster causes Fear checks at −4.
  • Fearless: Unaffected by Fear and Intimidation.
  • Gargantuan: The creature’s massive size grants M.D.C. armor and all attacks do Mega Damage. It also counts as gargantuan, human-size attackers gain +6 to attack rolls.
  • Giant Gait: This creature rolls 2d8 when running.
  • Hardy: These monsters are never hurt by a second Shaken result.
  • Massive Attack: Using a stomp, tail lash, or slam, the monster may attack all targets in a Medium Blast Template with an opposed Athletics vs Agility roll (defenders roll individually), those who fail suffer Str+2d6 Mega Damage, AP 10, adding its Size (minus the target’s Size).
  • Single-Minded: The creature adds its Size to Smarts and Spirit rolls to resist powers.
  • Size +12: A Gigantic Raging Monster from the Rifts is at least 100 feet tall, but some are even larger (though usually no more than Size +20). Add +1 Strength for each +1 Size, and over Size +16, increase the Massive Attack to a Large Burst Template.
  • Tough: The creature has +6 Toughness.
I will give Hero a few days to take his turn before I move the initiative forward.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Zeth Towani

Post by Zeth Towani »

Seeing the glowing runs Zeth grunts his disapproval, "Looks like those cultists left the toilet seat up."

"Keep it busy, I'll need some support to undo that summoning circle."
Hero

Post by Hero »

WIP
Fear Check 1d10!!-4: [8]-4 = 4
Wild Spirit 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Success! No Fear For Hero!!

Smarts 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild Smarts 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny to reroll
Smarts 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
Wild Smarts 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Taunt, followed by Melee Attack
Taunt 1d10!!+6: [5]+6 = 11
Wild Taunt 1d6!!+6: [4]+6 = 10
Free Reroll 1:
Taunt 1d10!!+6: [6]+6 = 12
Wild Taunt 1d6!!+6: [2]+6 = 8
Free Reroll 2:
Taunt 1d10!!+6: [4]+6 = 10
Wild Taunt 1d6!!+6: [1]+6 = 7
Final Total 12: Cthulu rolls Smarts, on a 12 or better, no effect; on a 9-11, Cthulu is Distracted and on an 8-, it's also Provoked AND Shaken, if it Un-Shook from the Dragon's attacks.

Follow-up Fighting Attack:
1d12+2 Base, +6 Scale, -6 to weak spot in body.
Fghting 1d12!!+2: [11]+2 = 13
Wild Fighting 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12
Hit with a Raise:
Trident Raise Damage vs. MD, AP 16: 1d12!!+3d4!!+1d6!!+4: [3]+[2, 2, 1]+[1]+4 = 13
Free Damage Re-roll from Imp. Take 'Em Down:
Trident Raise Damage vs. MD, AP 16: 1d12!!+3d4!!+1d6!!+4: [2]+[10!!, 1, 2]+[3]+4 = 22
Yeah, that bounced.
Hero, seeing the massive entity roll forth out of the Nexus, shudders only momentarily before steeling himself. He does not hesitate to throw himself bodily at the Elder God, holding his spear and shield aloft. And just before he strikes the Great Old One, he does what he can to buy the others time to act. He addresses Cthulu, not in any mortal language, nor even in the bastardized tongue the cultists learned to cast their foul rites. No, Hero does the unthinkable--he cries out a challenge in the tongue used by the Elder Gods amongst themselves. Afterwards, if there is an after for him, he will never be able to tell anyone what he actually said--the concepts encompassed by the language are too vast and alien for any mere mortal to actually comprehend. But the sheer effrontery of daring to call out to one such as Cthulu as if Hero were somehow its peer?

That was likely to make the gladiator the sole focus of the Elder God's wrath, at least for the moment.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Desert Lake
14th April 110 PA
Midnight
Round 1

resist taunt d4!!: [9!!] = 9 resist wild d6!!: [5] = 5
Distracted

unshake d10: [8] = 8

Cthulhu rose above the lake a towering 100 feet. As he stepped forward he exposed a massive rift in the bottom of the whirlpool. From top to bottom he stood over 140 feet. With the water draining fast in the lake that whole 140 feet would come to bear quickly.

Looking down he say the tiny flea that dared to speak the tongue of the gods. He would pay for that. With a massive heave he slammed a many tentacled fist down on @Hero. A fist so large it engulfed @Epic Eric Acy and @Vikon Athir also. The fist did not stop at their puny frames. It smashed the entire front end of the barge in so that it was sinking quickly. It would be a race to see if the lake drained before the barge sunk out of sight.

Massive attack vs @Hero on the barge Targets of this attack get to roll Agility
Massive fight d8!!: [19!!] = 19 Massive wild d6!!: [2] = 2 this should have been athletics but it is same die so roll stands. Forgot to add distracted and MAP so the total roll is actually 15
Who all got hit
@Hero raise damage vs hero d12+2d6+14+13: [12]+[6, 4]+14+13 = 49 raise d6!!: [5] = 5 forgot to explode the dice d12!!+d6!!: [2]+[3] = 5 Total 59 MD AP 10
MBT target 2 d7: [3] = 3 @Vikon Athir Dmg vs Vikon d12!!+3d6!!+14+13: [2]+[1, 11!!, 2]+14+13 = 43 MD AP 10
MBT target 3 d7: [4] = 4 @Epic Eric Acy Dmg vs Eric d12!!+3d6!!+14+13: [9]+[17!!, 2, 3]+14+13 = 58 MD AP 10

Turning to the puny lizard Cthulhu lashes out with several tentacles at once but misses the lizard completely.

Frenzy vs @Zurathas
Frenzy d8!!: [4] = 4 frenzy x d8!!: [1] = 1 frenzy wild d8!!: [7] = 7
Hit with a 7 dmg vs tiny lizard d12!!+2d12!!+14: [1]+[2, 3]+14 = 20 MD AP 25 Miss forgot he was distracted and MAP
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Frida

Post by Frida »

TL:DR
Sorry for the novella everyone! Feel free to ignore it. Everything you need to know is right here!
  • Succeeded at Fear check and performed 3 actions
  • Cast quickness on CS party negating 1 action of MAP
  • Used Monster Slaying edge to give +1 to all trait rolls against Cthulhu to everyone if they have any sort or electronic communication system (such as those built into any EBA). This lasts for the entire encounter.
  • Earned 2 Tokens to dramatic task

As the creature emerged before them, Frida dropped the piece of wreckage she had been inspecting while she stood knee deep in mysterious water. She stood stunned for a moment until all hell suddenly broke loose and the air was filled with the sounds of shouting, gunfire, roaring and the slamming tentacles of the massive thing that had emerged from the rift. The strange woman in the white patterned Field Medic EBA looked upwards in stunned silence as the creature towered over the entire area.

She had been unable to move as the fear took hold over her, deciding to handle the situation as she usually did, reaching for her pill bottle to take one of the tranquilizers it contained. Her hands had been shaking so much that she had dropped one into the water, but was able manage to get a second one into her mouth on time. As the bottle clicked shut, her pupils dilated allowing her to

Fear check
Success and Raise (9)
-4 due to fear strength
+2 due to Henry Inspiration
Spirit 1d8!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild Die 1d6!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Spending the jokers wild Bennie
Spirit 1d8!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild Die 1d6!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Spending the 2.2 interlude Bennie
Spirit 1d8!-2: [8!, 3]-2 = 9
Wild Die 1d6!-2: [4]-2 = 2
at hand.

The sound of @Henry shouting orders and inspiring platitudes to the others reminded her to keep focused on her surroundings as her eyes scanned the area. Flipping her comms on, she contacts the CS members over her encrypted-yet-possibly-again-compromised channel. ”Jade Eagle this is Bishop. The lieutenant paused for a moment, deciding against saying anything inspiring as she was both terrible at such, and with Henry already managing. ”Stay focused and continue to dispatch target d-bee.”

In the end that was all there was too it. No matter how large and world ending a terror such a thing may happen to be, at the end of the day it was a d-bee that didn’t belong on their world. As was the case with any other. She needed to act fast... They all did.

Adjusting the PDIL to synthesize the appropriate drugs, she unceremoniously
Performing 3 Actions (Action 1)
Experimental Cerebral Acceleration Stimulants (Aspect limited Speed, with Quickness and 2 additional recipients. 5PP total)
Success (5)
Frida, Henry and Marvin have double pace and running and ignore 1 action of MAP
-4 due to MAP
Weird Science 1d12!-4: [9]-4 = 5
1d6!-4: [5]-4 = 1
herself and the other nearby incognito CS members (while quite possibly firing the auto injector syringe right into the side of Henry’s butt at the exact moment he was flirting up the female members of the other teams. Thankfully the helmet of her EBA managed to hide the raised eyebrow she had been wearing at the time). All the while as her brain activity increased to rapid levels, she tried once again not to think about potential problems with combining these experimental drugs with the tranquilizers she took earlier, pushing that little potential issue to the back burner as she proceeded to
Performing 3 Actions (Action 2)
Occult Roll Utilizing Monster Slayer edge
Success (4)
All players receive a +1 bonus to all trait rolls vs Cthulhu until the end of the encounter
Vision penalty negated by Cybernetic Optics Package
-2 due to MAP
+2 due to Scholar Edge
Occult 1d12!: [4] = 4
Wild Die 1d6!: [2] = 2
of the creature.

As Frida’s HUD listed a holographic outline of the monstrous thing, she recognized that it was similar to Cephalopod’s on Earth. If that were the case, then it also possessed giant nerve fibres leading from its eyes and directly into its brain. Unlike humans, such creatures could actually feel intense pain when receiving damage directly to their sclera. It was no arcane read-out of everything it could do, but a viable weak point would have to do!

It was a long shot, and she wasn’t certain of the communications systems the other teams had used, but she violated her own earlier orders at that moment and opened up a broadcast on an unsecured channel with the intent of sending the information to the other groups as well if they were listening. ”Subject creature is weak in its ocular organs. Signals to the limbs will disrupt slightly if focused.” When at that moment, Frida fell to the ground as the massive shock wave arced across the water when the creature struck the barge.

The power of it was immense, even though the lieutenant had been nowhere near where it had hit, it had hit strongly enough to cause her to falter for that moment. Water dripped from her EBA as she quickly pulled herself up from the water and continued her transmission. ”I say again, focus fire the eyes. Out. The drug fuelled message sounded as though it were given by an impassive robot delivering a report rather than a frantic medic in the middle of a battle against a world ending eldritch being from beyond the stars. Try as she might, the junior officer still seemed to have the personalty of a bag of rocks.

With that done, her attention snapped towards @Zeth who seemed to have pointed out various arcane symbols written on the ground between the two sides of the lake. With a large splash, she bolted forward as quickly as a juicer after a slice of cake as the cerebral chemicals caused everything around her to appear as it moved in bullet time.

”Grimes, @Marvin do what you can to keep its attention away from us. She instructed to the others, switching back to the private team comms. ”I think one of the finger wagglers found something important. I’m going to help him get rid of it.”

Pulling up the
Performing 3 Actions (Action 3)
Occult Roll for Dramatic Task
Success and Raise (8)
Earned 2 Tokens
Vision penalty negated by Cybernetic Optics Package
-2 due to MAP
+2 due to Scholar Edge
Occult 1d12!: [1] = 1
Wild Die 1d6!: [3] = 3
Spending the escape from vampires story bennie!
Occult 1d12!: [1] = 1
Wild Die 1d6!: [3] = 3
Spending the Pie Story bennie!
Occult 1d12!: [8] = 8
Wild Die 1d6!: [5] = 5
she had stored before departing on the mission. Frida knelt next to the strange glyphs while her computer calculated out possible paths that the flow of eldritch energy could go. While she herself certainly wasn’t a practitioner of this sort of thing, sometimes it helped to look at it through a scientific lens.

”Removing them is not fast enough.” Frida mumbled out quietly to Zeth, avoiding making eye contact with him as she pointed to the lines around the writing. ”If we draw lines connecting them here, and here... They will go out of phase and be rendered useless.” She looked up briefly, noting that there were several of the damn things all over the place.

”These ones... Anyway...”
Last edited by Frida on Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Ames Jean-louis

Post by Ames Jean-louis »

1d8!!: [1] = 1 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Accustomed to Horror free re-roll: 1d8!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Benny from Joker: 1d8!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [5] = 5 -4 = 1 Fear Table: 1d20: [2] = 2 +4 =6

Cyrus is momentarily taken aback by the sheer awe of the creature. The Atlantean had seen quite a bit in the arena and had heard the descriptions of the Splugorth, but this was different. Cosmic horror that could not be described or ignored. Still staring at the creature he
1d8!!: [11!!] = 11 1d6!!: [5] = 5
his crossbow tattoo and summoned the weapon into existence. Knowing full well after seeing how the thing shook off the initial massive attacks that even his enchanted arrows would have difficulty harming the creature, Cyrus opted for another tactic and grabbed two bolts form his quiver,
1d8!!: [3] = 3 1d6!!: [3] = 3 -2 (Distracted) -1 (Multi-action halved for Trickshooting) -2 Called Shot ( 4 points Negated by Sharpshooting) +6 for Scale = 4 (Hit) 1d8!!: [7] = 7 1d6!!: [4] = 4 -2 (Distracted) -1 (Multi-action penalty halved for Trickshooting) +1 (Sharpshooting) +6 Scale = 11 (Raise)
them in rapid succession at the creatures eyes and then into whatever passed for the thing's torso under the massive tentacles.

The first bolt struck right between the eyes and erupted into a cloud of
LBT, obscures vision -4 Medium Cover)
. The second released an electrical
Neural Disruptor bolt, -4 Vigor (Raise) or be stunned

Summary: First bolt, cloud of smoke in its eyes acts as Medium Cover (-4). Second bolt is an attempt to stun if possible, total should be -6 Vigor to resist (-4 from raise and its already Distracted I think).
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Bennies: 2/3
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 9 (2)
Wounds 0/3
ISP: 9/10
Fatigue 0/2
Dominion: 8
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Vigor run for stun d12+4-6: [3]+4-6 = 1 wild d6!!: [15!!] = 15 -6 = 9
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Hero

Post by Hero »

OOC Comments

12 Wounds. Ouch. Incapacitation rolls incoming....
Incap roll 1d6!!-3: [4]-3 = 1
Wild Vigor 1d6!!-3: [5]-3 = 2
Benny to reroll
Incap roll 1d6!!-3: [4]-3 = 1
Wild Vigor 1d6!!-3: [3]-3 = 0
Benny to re-roll
Incap roll 1d6!!-3: [3]-3 = 0
Wild Vigor 1d6!!-3: [7!!]-3 = 4
Success!
Injury 2d6: [5, 2] = 7 : Guts
Guts 1d6: [4] = 4 : Battered: Vigor reduced a die type (Now Vigor d4 until fully healed)

Checking to see if this was actually necessary....
Agility 1d8!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Wild Agility 1d6-1: [4]-1 = 3
Okay, yeah, not gonna get better than a 19 on this, either.

Hero's moment of defiance is rewarded with a massive CRONCH sound as Cthulu strikes him (and the rest of the boat) down. He collapses--stable for the moment, but completely insensate to the world.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

@Henry and @Frida have earned hinderance bennies.

@Hero gets a benny for arrogant
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Checkers

Post by Checkers »

Checkers gets a new card for being Quick: 1d54: [26] = 26 (not that it matters at this point, but I failed to point it out earlier so I'm mostly putting this here to remind myself for next time)

Fear 1d8!, 1d6!: [3]+[1] = 4
Benny: Reroll: 1d8!, wild 1d6!: [6]+[4] = 10 +2 cuz CS -4 cuz big frakking monster = 4

and
1d10!, 1d6!: [1]+[6!, 1] = 8 +1 from Frida's' Monster Hunter for 8 total
using his claws to gain purchase and scaling it like he would a tree, making huge leaps between clawholds.

Once he gets up to the thing's face, he unslings Nip and unloads into its eyeball.
Raises with 2 Ion Heavy Pulses and no MAP thanks to Frida
Shooting 1 1d10!, Wild 1d6! and Shooting 2 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [9]+[2]+[5]+[3] = 19
Shot 1 9+1 for pulse, +2 for ion spread (shotgun), +1 for TM weapon, +1 for Monster Hunter, -2 for snapfire, offset -2 from ranged weapon table 7 = 14 to hit
Shot 2 5+1 for pulse, +2 for ion spread (shotgun), +1 for TM weapon, +1 for Monster Hunter, -2 for snapfire, offset -2 from ranged weapon table 7 = 10 to hit
Does 40 MD and bypasses armor and then 19 MD and bypasses armor
Damage for shot 1: 3d10!+1d6!+3 (for heavy pulse)+4 (for headshot): [2, 10!, 6, 10!, 8]+[3]+3 = 42 -4 for called shot (it bypasses armor but doesn't do extra damage) = 40 MD
Damage for shot 2: 3d10!+1d6!+3 (for heavy pulse)+4 (for headshot): [1, 1, 7]+[6!, 3]+3 = 21 -4 for called shot (it bypasses armor but doesn't do extra damage) = 19 MD
Benny that second one: 3d10!+1d6!+3 (pulse)+6 (called shot): [1, 9, 3]+[4]+3 = 20 -6 for called shot (it bypasses armor but doesn't do extra damage) = 18 MD

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

He takes the 3 wounds and does not soak. Unstoppable lowers it to 1 wound.

Status Update
2/6 wounds
0/2 Fatigue
Distracted
Shaken (But has hardy)
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Persephone »

There is a brief moment where Persephone's heart stutters then a strange calm takes over her. She sees the mighty kraken towering over them but she also sees that he seems to be here because of an incomplete ritual. She focuses her stone magic on disrupting the circle. Cerberus takes a leap onto the area where the cultists were and begins dancing across their circle helping Persephone mess it up.

P-Occult 10, C-Athletics 9 (Support), 3 TOKENS
Occult 1d10!!+5: [5]+5 = 10
Wild 1d6!!+5: [1]+5 = 6

Cerbie Athletics 1d8!!+1: [3]+1 = 4 should not have had the +1 so -1 from result
Cerbie Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Cerbie Benny
Cerbie Ath Reroll 1d8+2: [7]+2 = 9
Cerbie Wild Reroll 1d6+2: [4]+2 = 6
Last edited by Persephone on Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Cheatsheet

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Special Abilities:
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Advances:
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Crystal Clad

Post by Crystal Clad »

Occult 1 Success
Bennies 7/3
Fear 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Wild Spirit 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1

Fear Table 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24
Whee! Heart Attack!

Kick start my heart, hope it never stops 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Whoa, yeah, baby 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Benny
Kick start my heart, give it a start 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Whoa, yeah, baby 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Okay, no more Crue lyrics. Another Benny.
Vigor 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild Vigor 1d6!!-2: [8!!]-2 = 6
Finally!
Stunned by the heart attack.
Shaking off stunned 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild Vigor 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Actually a 0, forgot she's Distracted.
Benny
Vigor 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Vigor 1d6!!-2: [8!!]-2 = 6
Success: She remains Distracted and Vulnerable, but can act. Also, she was knocked prone.

Distracted Occult 1d12!!-2: [7]-2 = 5
Wild Occult 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Bennies 4/3
As the group comes down to the water's edge, and the Nexus opens, Crystal, still wrapped in her Shadow Cloak, gasps in horror as the Elder God comes into view. For a brief moment, her heart literally stops in terror, causing her to stumble to her hands and knees. No... I'm not going to die... not like this.... She manages, barely, to hold onto consciousness, literally pounding her own sternum, willing her heart to beat, and somehow it does.

Staggered, she doesn't even try to rise, instead looking out across the waters. Aloud, she says, "There's not much I can do against a creature like that... but we might be able to close the Nexus, at least, and keep anything else from coming in....."

Realizing that the cultists' circle was the key, she crawls towards it, and drawing out some of her spare-parts quartz, begins setting up a geometric formation of her own, hoping to capture and confound the mystic energies forming the rift. It's not her best work, but it's a start....
Crystal Clad
Character Sheet
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 13 (6); Strain: 0
Skills: Persuasion d4+1; Common Knowledge d4^; Athletics d4
Stealth d6; Notice d8
Techno-Wizardry d12; Occult d12
Repair d12+4*; Science d6; Electronics d6*
Driving d6; Fighting d4; Shooting d6
Research 1d4=2*; Hacking 1d4-2*; Thievery 1d4-2*; Performance 1d4-1
BUILD ROLL: 1d12+4
Hindrances: Overconfident; Thin-Skinned: -2 vs. Taunt; PTSD: 1/Session, Roll Spirit or -1 Benny;
Quirk; Device Dependent: Need gear to use Powers; Enemy: Coalition States
Edges & Abilities: AB: Weird Science; Artificer: Create Arcane Devices; Arcane Machinist: Create Gizmo 6/Session
Master of Magic (Hind): Can use Mega-Modifiers; Ms. Fix-it Edge: Repairs take 1/2 time on a Raise
Machine Maestro: +1 to * skills; +2 if device is TW; Attractive (factored in)
Powers: Energy Disruption; Remote Viewing; Teleport
PPE: 20
Setrakian
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Setrakian »

Fear Roll 1d6+2-4
Fear 1d6!!+2-4: [3]+2-4 = 1 WD Fear 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1

Fear Table 1d20+4
Fear Table 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24

Heart Attack: The hero is so overwhelmed with fear that his heart stutters. He must make an immediate Vigor roll at –2. If successful, he’s Stunned. If he fails, he’s Incapacitated and dies in 2d6 rounds. In the latter case, a Healing roll at –4 saves his life, but he remains Incapacitated. He may be treated normally thereafter.
Vigor Roll 1d10!!-2: [7]-2 = 5

Stunned characters
• Are Distracted (and remain so as long as they’re Stunned)
• Fall prone (or to their knees, GM’s call)
• Can’t move or take any actions
• Don’t count toward the Gang Up bonus
• Are subject to the Drop
Recovery: At the start of a Stunned character’s turn, he makes a Vigor roll. Success means he’s no longer Stunned but remains Distracted and is now Vulnerable (these fade at the end of his next turn). A raise on the
Vigor roll removes all ill effects.

Note to self. Use a Burn die if needed to recover.

Setrakian looks up at the being, feels the dragons blood in his body surge, his heart suddenly hurts and the Dragon Juicer drops face first to the ground from a heart attack.
Accounts

Savage Rifts Game Master
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Setrakian Dragon Juicer
    Lost Jungles (Federation of Magic) GM - Technospawn
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

A little suspension of disbelief as Eric's post needed to be completely rewritten based upon some inherent parts of his makeup. In short, he is not a small gooey smear sinking to the bottom of the lake, currently, as previously described.

As the epic force the creature throws at them washes over the group, Eric is slightly stunned at the sheer size of the construct before him. However, while the force of the creature's blow nearly annihilates the barge, Eric seems unaffected as the force washes over and through him. As the barge shatters and sinks, Eric floats away from the center of the battle.

That -

That giant weather balloon sank our barge!

(looks) Oh, looks like it is being controlled from over here.

Fear roll (brave) 1d12!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Ending the Spell
Psionics 1d12!!+1: [7]+1 = 8
Wild 1d6!!+1: [4]+1 = 5

Random Dispel roll to alleviate fear
Dispel 1d12!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Benny reroll/Elan
Dispel 1d12!!+2: [10]+2 = 12
Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
(forgot to add Elan - total 14)

Bennies:4/3
Credits: 5000
Parry 7 (10/shield)
Toughness: 20 (7)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
ISP: 20 (16 remaining)
Sarah Winters
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Left to Go

Runt
Vela
Marvin
Vroches
Mad Moe
Jackson
Vikon
Watcher
Parsons
Bosco
Jethro

Remember you can go in order now. I will finish round 1 and push forward this weekend. Anyone that has not gone will be on hold and will not get a new card.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Vroches

Post by Vroches »

Fear 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! and -2 to highest: [2]+[3] = 5
Fear 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 20–21 Major Phobia: The character gains the Major Phobia Hindrance.

As he sees the rift opening Vroches mind begins to slip, seeing into the horror of the things on the other side fills him and bends his mind is a way he does not comprehend. His hands trembling he finds it difficult to concentrate as his mind races for a solution. "We have to close it, we have to close the rift." He says to himself more than anything else as he begins concentrating.

Close Rift 3 Tokens, Boosted 4 closest spellcasters +2 die types occult
No MAP Free Action Exalted Boost Trait on Occult 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with -2 for Phobia of Rifts: [5]+[2] = 7 = Fail

Occult to close the rift 1d8!! or 1d6!! with -2 for Phobia of Rifts: [14!!]+[9!!] = 23

Spellcasting to Exalted Boost Occult for Four closest Spellcasters 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with -2 for Phobia of Rifts: [12!!]+[4] = 16
Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Fear Pass
Fear 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! With with -4 Modifier: [4]+[8!!] = 12
Watcher would never admit how much his adrenaline spiked on seeing the horror coming through. Every bone of his body wanted to flee, but leaving the others without a defense was not something he could do.

Reaching down he sees the ritual being used by the others to close the rift and force the dark horror away. "Should I not also spend my life for this horror greater than even our quest?" As he begins casting doing his best to help close the rift.

Add 1 token to effort to close the rift
Spellcasting to close rift 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with -2 from scene modifier: [2]+[2] = 4
Reroll Spellcasting to close rift 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with -2 from scene modifier: [7]+[2] = 9
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Vroches wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:48 pm
Close Rift 3 Tokens, Boosted 4 closest spellcasters +2 die types occult
No MAP Free Action Exalted Boost Trait on Occult 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with -2 for Phobia of Rifts: [5]+[2] = 7 = Fail

Occult to close the rift 1d8!! or 1d6!! with -2 for Phobia of Rifts: [14!!]+[9!!] = 23

Spellcasting to Exalted Boost Occult for Four closest Spellcasters 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with -2 for Phobia of Rifts: [12!!]+[4] = 16
@Persephone @Watcher @Zurathas and @Zeth Towani

You all received a +2 die types to Occult and a free reroll just in case you want to help close the rift.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Left to Go

@Runt
@Vela
@Marvin
@Mad Moe
@Vikon Athir
@Parsons
@Bosco
@Jethro Tewl

Remember you can go in order now. I will finish round 1 and push forward this weekend. Anyone that has not gone will be on hold and will not get a new card.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

OOC Comments
Spirit 1d10!!-2 1d6!!-2 (Brave Edge): [9]-2+[4]-2 = 9

Occult 1d6!! WD 1d6!!: [1]+[2] = 3

Benny

Occult 1d6!! 1d6!!: [4]+[3] = 7
Bosco runs over to where the ritual is happening. He quickly notes the spell being used, and goes around making sure the physical components are set in the right pattern and facing the right direction, making slight adjustments when necessary.
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

The People were no strangers to fear. The jungles they called home where awash in psychic energy, and there were nearly as many horrors slithering through the roots and branches as there were people huddling in villages hoping to avoid their notice. Though the great cities of their ancestors had long since fallen, The People still claimed their territory, and still protected it from those that would take it for themselves. That meant they had to fight a lot of monsters.

But Vela had never seen anything like this before.

What came erupting out of the water was death, as assuredly as the idea could ever be enshrined in flesh. Survival meant fleeing, not fighting. And flee she might have, but that she spotted the ritual going on in the distance. Spotted too that others had joined against it.

That was the fight. Not claws and fang, but magic.

Her eyes narrowed at that, and her pupils dilated. Here was a ground she could hunt upon. Here the beast could be slain.

She lifted her clawed hands skyward and roared, calling on the power of her ancestors. Immediately they flocked, Vela could feel them in the air an electricity, a warmth. They were ready. The Jaguar People would not, could not, have endured for so long without the magic of their forefathers. Those who believed them to be nothing but brutish savages learned hard lessons, quickly.

Half-glimpsed shadowy figures rose around her and joined the counter-ritual, adding their voices and strength to the whole.

Rolls: Fear 5 after penalty, Spellcasting 4 after penalty
Fear at -4 (-2 after Bravery)
1d6!! 1d6!!: [5]+[5] = 10
Using that Joker bennie
1d6!! 1d6!!: [4]+[7!!] = 11

Spellcasting, subtract 2 from total
1d8!! 1d6!!: [4]+[1] = 5
Bennying that of course
1d8!! 1d6!!: [1]+[2] = 3
not a crit!! Hee hee trying again
1d8!! 1d6!!: [6]+[4] = 10
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

Spirit -2(+2 brave -4 scene): 1d8!!: [2] = 2 1d6!!: [1] = 1
1d20+2: 1d20!: [12] = 12

This is the definition of insanity!! The psi stalker had done much and seen some, but this…. It took out a Death Head with a mere thought…

The expert sniper rolled onto the ground propping his rifle up on a couple of soft patches of soil. He wavered for a moment drew a breath and put Grime’s in his cross hair. His mission was to take out Henry Grimes. It did not matter why, it just mattered that Llyboc crossed Grime’s name off. Mr. Marvin’s eyes twitched and his trigger finger itched. Friendly fire…. It was friendly fire.

His psi stalker senses added to his indecision. The great beast infected his brain causing the turmoil inside him to compound itself. Sweat dripped from his sleek bald head. He squinted listening to Grime’s St. Crisp speech. Just shoot him Marvin! You’ve done worse for less…
Henry Grimes is mine mutant!!!

Whether imagined or not the over whelming Fear of the creature spoke to him giving him pause enough to hesitate.
Bennies
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Desert Lake
14th April 110 PA
Midnight
Round 2

Ritual Dramatic Task 14/16 tokens
Cthulhu
2/6 wounds
0/2 Fatigue
Distracted
Shaken (But has hardy)

The combined effort of the teams was working and rift was shrinking. As it shrunk the turbulence in the water calmed somewhat. There were dozens on bodies, some just parts, some whole, floating in the water. Even the whole ones have grievous wounds. Burns, deep gashes, missing parts. The scene was a bloody mess. The only good thing was that the predators that normally hid beneath the surface were not to be seen. The supernatural fear emanating off the elder being was enough to all sane animals away. All though the rift had shrunk 2 very large

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4 (A), Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Fighting d6, Notice d6
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Special Abilities:
„ Armor +2: Chitin or other protective carapace provide natural armor.
„ Claws/Bite: Str+2d4, AP 8.
„ Flight: Pace 8 , run die d 8. Rapid beating wings or some other form of propulsion.
„ Poison: Some such creatures poison their victims when they attack. If the Stinger causes a Wound or a Shaken result, the victim is injected with a venomous poison; he must make a Vigor check, and if he fails, he dies in 2d6 minutes. With a success, he suffers one Wound and the Exhaustion level of fatigue. Even on a raise, he suffers the Exhaustion effect. See Savage Worlds for rules on treating Poison.
„ Size 8 (Huge): Huge Flying Swarm Things make easy targets, but also gain two extra Wound levels.
„ Stinger: With a raise on an attack, the creature strikes with its stinger (or extralong needle tongue, or similar) instead, dealing Str+d10 damage, AP 6. As an option, you can decide the creatures have some kind of special acid or their stingers are made of something truly devastating, making such an attack inflict Mega Damage.
„ Swarm Attack: These creatures are expert at swarming an opponent; they may gain up to a +6 for the Gang Up bonus.
of flying squidactyls escaped the rift and joined the fray to pick the fleas off of their god.

Those that look close enough notice that some of the bodies are alive.

First Group
Vroches LH d56: [4] = 4 Vroches d56: [18] = 18 Vroches ILH d56: [20] = 20 Joker
Zurathas d56: [5] = 5
Hero d56: [10] = 10
Bosco d56: [11] = 11
Checkers d56: [14] = 14
Zeth LH d56: [14] = 14 Zeth d56: [16] = 16
Crystal d56: [19] = 19
Henry d56: [21] = 21
Vela d56: [29] = 29
Setrakian Quick d56: [30] = 30 Setrakian d56: [47] = 47

Cthulhu d56: [35] = 35 his minions will go on his turn.

Last group
Persephone d56: [37] = 37
Bull d56: [37] = 37 Survivor floating in the water near lake's edge. Took 4 wounds of damage during crash (will need to roll vigor to soak, has 1 free benny for this roll)
Cyrus d56: [38] = 38
Watcher d56: [43] = 43
Marvin d56: [50] = 50 Marvin hesitant d56: [17] = 17
Eric d56: [53] = 53
Frida d56: [56] = 56

Eric, Marvin and Frida refer to next post!

Please start your post with your current state (Spell effects, wounds, bennies, and such)
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

1.) EVERYONE GETS A BENNIE FROM THE JOKER!!

2.) AGM note. Eric spends a bennie to get new card:
1d54: [36] = 36

Eric spends another bennie. No one is holding him down!! 1d54: [29] = 29 ALRIGHT!! You go before Chuckles the Elder yucky monster.

3.) Henry Master Tactician
The Tactician now gets a total of two extra Action Cards to distribute each round: 2d54: [31, 30] = 61

Frida and Marvin moved to group one. (Henry needs to narrate the experience).
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

Eric, still intangible, once again attempts the sheer folly of messing with Cthulhu.

- one token, anyway
Free Action boosting Psionics (if allowed)
Psionics 1d12!!+3: [4]+3 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+3: [5]+3 = 8

-2 MAP Closing the Rift (-4 total)
Psionics 1d12!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+1: [4]+1 = 5

Puppet/Mind Control on Cthulhu for kicks
Psionics 1d12!!+5: [11]+5 = 16
Wild 1d6!!+5: [16!!]+5 = 21

With the -2 I forgot to add it would be 19, but Chuckles is -4 to resist due to the Mind Control?
Last edited by Sarah Winters on Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Resist the weak intrusion of an inferior mind.

Mind Control only applies after the puppet takes effect. If puppeted he would get -4 to resist your commands to harm himself.
Dice rolls
Spirit d10+14: [5]+14 = 19
Spirit wild d6+14: [3]+14 = 17
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Zurathas

Post by Zurathas »

With his monstrous wounds barely enough to scratch the surface, the dragon decides against continuing to try his hand at Calamari. Instead, his survey of the battlefield finds @Epic Eric Acy locked in a pitched mental battle with the Old One. "I know this trick." Joining his own mental will to that of the other psionic, Zurathas does his best merely to give Cthulhu's mind another direction to defend. The momentary distraction gives Eric
Psionics - Boost Puppet: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
WD Psionics: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
in order to take control of the monster. Zurathas can feel the being's will falter, immediately replaced by another...smaller, yet by some stroke of fate, stronger. "You have him now!"
Zurathas
Zurathas
Current Status Post
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Ok with the additional support Cthulhu is puppeted by Eirc.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Setrakian
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Setrakian »

Federation of Magic
Initiative — First Group
Setrakian — last turn suffered a heart attack

Recovery: At the start of a Stunned character’s turn, he makes a Vigor roll. Success means he’s no longer Stunned but remains Distracted and is now Vulnerable (these fade at the end of his next turn). A raise on the Vigor roll removes all ill effects.

1d10!!: [1] = 1 & Burn die 1d6: [5] = 5

Laying face down in the dirt the dragon juicer’s blood harness detects the heart attack. New volumes of blood course through his body. He shakes. Groans. Spits blood. Growls in anguish.

Setrakian starts to push himself up, then starts shaking and drops back face first into the dirt. The drug harness kicks in harder.

With a roar that sounds like the dead rising he bolts upright and screams a primal scream. Eyes red. Pulse at nearly 200 bmp.

The Dragon Juicer foams at the mouth and shakes.

((No longer Stunned but remains Distracted and is now Vulnerable (these fade at the end of his next turn). ))
Note from GM
Please edit Set's post to take an action. Also the reason you had a heart attack then barely recovered is because your juice rig is full of pixie dust and glitter.
Action 1: Claws

Setrakian looks at the one called Henry with annoyance. How dare he call the juicer out.

Note: -2 from Distracted. Forgot. But no change.
Fighting 1d12!!+3: [1]+3 = 4 Fighting WD 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10

Damage: Hit with a Raise 4d10!!: [15!!, 4, 5, 3] = 27 AP 8

Split the Seconds Action 2: Dagger
Dagger 1d12!!+1: [6]+1 = 7 Dagger WD 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Damage: Hit 3d10!!: [2, 2, 4] = 8 AP 8

Setrakian strikes as hard as he can. Twice. Neither does enough damage to faze the monster.

Now his heart hurts for a different reason. Sadness.
Accounts

Savage Rifts Game Master

Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Coalition States Ranger
Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes
Force Recon 1
Initiative group — first group

Seeing tentacles writhing to and fro SSgt Grimes keeps and eye on the entire battle. Watching those who race to destroy the cultist archaic drawings, seeing others attacked the massive beast, he catches onto the creatures rhythm and calls out warnings to both the prone Marvin and the lieutenant.

“Watch out. Incoming. Move right. Now!”

In both cases the CS troops are able to stay safe and react with haste. [Gave better init cards to both].

Henry Grimes considers another radioed blast of positivity to boost CS moral. His keen eye show that the others are doing okay.

The drugs Frida poked in his rear have him jittery.

@Vela @Persephone @Crystal Clad

Henry spares another moment to nod at Crystal Clad, Persephone and Vela. ”Ladies. Impressive to say the least. You’re all amazing.”

Grimes activates the jet pack on his armor and zips right up to the area directly in front of the monsters eyes.

@Frida ”Ell tee. I don’t know what you did to me but my hearts pounding!”

Aiming the Railgun Henry fires quickly.

Shooting 1 1d8!!+4: [3]+4 = 7 Shooting 1 WD 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Shooting 2 Double Tap 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Quickness Shooting 1 1d8!!+4: [4]+4 = 8 Quickness 2 WD 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Quickness Double Tap 1d8!!+4: [1]+4 = 5 Fourth and we 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Shooting 2 Double Tap 1d8!!+4: [5]+4 = 9

7, 8, 5, 9 all hit. Two raises for extra damage.

Note eye shots. Bypass armor. Toughness: 58 (30)

So any damage of 28 or more does a Wound.

3d12+3
3d12+3
4d12+3
4d12+3

Rolls: 3d12!!+3: [13!!, 10, 18!!]+3 = 44 3d12!!+3: [2, 11, 2]+3 = 18 4d12!!+3: [11, 2, 2, 3]+3 = 21 4d12!!+3: [17!!, 3, 9, 8]+3 = 40

44 … 4 wounds
18 … not enough
21 … not enough
40 … 3 wounds

Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Frida

Post by Frida »

Current State for Frida
Spell effects: Speed with quickness modifier (negates -2 worth of MAP and doubles pace and run die)
Moved to first group due to Master Tactician Card from Henry
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 5/3
Power Points: 14/20
Conviction: 1

TL:DR
  • Earned the last 2 required tokens for the ritual
  • Shot at one of the swarms, applying a potential shaken and 3 wounds
  • Ran away like King Arthur being chased down by a Vorpal Bunny
  • Vomited all over the place

Everything moved so slowly in Frida’s vision as the drugs continued to work their way through her system, the words of the others shouting around her sounding like they were spoken from underwater as she observed the situation around her.

@Checkers had returned from whatever cat nap he had been taking, jumping in at the last moment to claw and unload a few shots at the unprotected eyeballs of the creature while Henry and the dirt covered berserk man he had been insulting all joined in. She could only afford them a small nod at the moment, relieved that her message had at least gotten through to a few of them.

Her head snapped back to the left, just in time to focus on a drip of water that made a tiny splash along the surface of the disturbed lake. Her cybernetic eye focusing on the swarms of creatures that emerged, while hearing the cacophony of growls and snapping echos from the still open rift suggesting that this was but the tip of the iceberg if they didn’t act fast.

Fortunately several members of the other groups appeared to have taken the markings as seriously as she had. It was to be expected, especially given that several of them were from the Federation of magic and would reasonably determine that the open rift was indeed the true threat once the initial shock and awe of the large beast ahead of them had been observed. It was easy to downplay what it had done to all of them in her mind now, but the lieutenant knew full well she wouldn’t have been able to handle it without assistance in the form of her addiction.

Their methods had been various but... Effective. The massive winged creature had used conventional magic to attempt to dispel the glyphs, while the cloaked figure covered in crackling arcane devices had used similar disruption methods as Frida, seeming to have been far more prepared for this situation than she. Shadowy catlike beings had joined the counter ritual, lead by a roaring humanoid figure that directed them, while at the most direct a tattoo covered woman and her pet... dog? Proceeded to scuff up the rest so that they were illegible and useless.

”It’s a cerebral accelerant.” Frida mumbled out to @Henry. Uncertain why she had felt the need to explain the experimental chemicals to him just then. Had... Had he asked her a question just now? She wasn’t sure... ”The heart pumping is a side effect as the stem is affected along with your frontal cortex... It will go away... Probably.”

The rift had been weakened, but not entirely disabled. There was no time left to act, as the writhing swarms bolted towards them with clear intent to tear her and those around her to shreds. They weren’t exactly gargantuan world ending horrors, but there were enough of them that it didn’t matter where frail mortal bodies such as her own were concerned.

Performing 2 Actions and Running (Action 1)
Success and Raise (11)
Earned last 2 required tokens for dramatic task
No MAP due to Quickness
+2 due to Scholar Edge
-2 Run Penalty
Occult 1d12!: [11] = 11
Wild Die 1d6!: [6!, 4] = 10
at the key junctures, Frida unceremoniously ended the... ceremony as the last of the energies cancelled one another out. The rift that had been spewing forth the swarms becoming unstable as it started to collapse in on itself. The immediate danger of the swarms closing in on her was still a pressing problem however.

Mathematical formulae flashed up on her HUD as her unnaturally accelerated brain rapidly determined an appropriate model for success. In Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, N/2 individuals moving in a circular forward motion will eventually line up into orderly files before returning to irregular patterns. Where function of E(T) = 0.1013N + 0.1193, where N is the number of creatures in the swarm, and E(T) is expected time of self organization. They will line up in... 3.8 seconds. Statistical probability is 63 percent.

Reaching to her leg holster for the only weapon she had. The medic retrieved her rink-a-dink standard issue C-18 Laser Pistol and held it sideways, suddenly meeting @Marvin's gaze as she coldly
Performing 2 Actions (Action 2)
Success and Raise (15) vs TN 4
20 AP 2 damage, potential Shaken and 3 Wounds to one of the Swarms (if not soaked)
No vision penalty due to Cybernetic Optics Package
No MAP due to quickness
-2 Run Penalty
+4 Scale Bonus
Shooting 1d6!-2: [6!, 6!, 1]-2 = 11 +4=15
Wild Die 1d6!-2: [5]-2 = 3 +4=7
Damage 4d6!: [6!, 2, 5, 3, 4] = 20 AP 3
without even observing her target.

In what seemed like an action that defied logic, her single shot of the laser pistol blasted through several of them at once, as for the fraction of a second they had been lined up as they made their way towards her. Yet she didn’t stick around to confirm if the unlikely shot had killed them, as she had already darted away at

Running out of range of the remaining Swarm
Run Die (doubled due to Speed Power)
1d6*2: [5]*2 = 10 +12 base pace = moving 22 inches away
in order to avoid the remaining cluster of swarming things, or worse the massive slam attack of the giant creature the rest of them had been fighting.

Once safely away, Frida scrambled to pull off the sealed helmet of her EBA, falling to her knees and violently vomiting up everything she had eaten that day as the uppers and downers finally took their toll on her.

The dose... needs some... adjusting... She thought...
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

In the confusion of battle and with so many pretty ladies on the field @Henry did not see DV8 step out of the ATV and level the Coalition Arms CR-1 Rocket Launcher. But he noticed when the rocket impacted damn close and the concussion almost knocked him off his feet. The rocket had landed a lot closer to SSgt Grimes than it had Cthulhu. DV8's target sensors must be off. As henry turned to locate the source of the rocket he saw DV8 reloading.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Thankful for EBA Henry turned to see what had nearly blown him up. Was the Federation or Legion attacking him?

Still feeling the effects of the cerebral accelerant the Lieutenant had hit him with he spun around so fast he almost fell a second time.

Seeing the Triax robot reloading the CR1 rocket launcher was disturbing. He’d removed, broken and burnt the robots main pricing chip.

Henry placed his right hand into his pant pocket and tapped the secondary "back up" chip he had with him.

Still there. Where on earth had the robot gotten another chip? Head spinning SSgt Grimes tried to take in everyones positions to see who of the CS were close and might have…. Then the realization came. Whoever had done it could easily have done so a while ago. Didn’t have to be a just happened thing.

“Damn it!”

Grimes also noted that the Psi Stalker Mr. Marvin was set up in a perfect sniper position to take Henry out from behind too!

This group!!

In his most authoritative and bellowing voice SSgt Henry Grimes yelled:

“Rogue Robot!! Drop the rocket launcher and shut down now! Alpha Six Zero One Niner Deactivate!”

*Below note to @Marvin @Pender Lumkiss

OOC Comments
Hey there Lyboc lover. As an agent of Col. Lyboc you likely know of rumors about Zero One Niner. The yelling at DV8 above was a slip on Henry’s part. In his rush to deactivate the robot he yelled an Authenticator code that likely leaves Marvin wondering who Grimes really is. Rumor of Zero One Niner being an agent of Joseph Prosek …
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Adding @Malcolm to the initiative tracker.
Malcolm d56: [37] = 37 Survivor floating in the water near lake's edge. Took 4 wounds of damage during crash (will need to roll vigor to soak, has 1 free benny for this roll)
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Hero

Post by Hero »

Bravely, confidently, while the battle rages around him and the dread Elder God still has yet to fall, Hero remains calm and unconscious on the deck of the sinking boat. Really, his companions should be able to handle the rest, now.
Crystal Clad

Post by Crystal Clad »

OOC Comments
4/3 Bennies
+1 Bennie for Ally Joker
MAP -2

Build Blast Device
Repair 1d12+2: [11]+2 = 13
Wild Repair 1d6+2: [2]+2 = 4
Raise! 17 PPE, Sonic Trapping
Use Blast Device
Base PPE 3; LBT +1; Damage +2; AP 2 +1 (7 Total)
Techno-Wizardry 1d12!!-2: [7]-2 = 5
Wild TW 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Success!
Success Damage 3d6!! AP 2: [4, 3, 10!!] = 17
Net 12 Damage = 3 Wounds
5/3 Bennies
21/25 PPE
Disharmonic Crystal Gun 10/17 PPE remaining
Crystal smirks @Henry as the big man calls out to praise the ladies. "Yeah, we know!"

Seeing that the rite itself is complete, she then begins kit-bashing another mass of copper tubes, an air piston and, of course, several crystals. Without pausing, she levels the resulting contraption at the remaining swarm of nasty beasts. As she pulls the trigger, two things happen--first, the crystals at the back of the BB-gun-like gadget begin to hum, first softly and then louder; second, another crystal launches out and towards the swarm.

As it reaches the center of the mass, it suddenly emits a terrible SCREEECH, loud enough to ripple the water on the lake; to the creatures in the swarm, it is utterly devastating, bypassing their feeble armor and liquefying their putrid, alien flesh inside their shells. As the nasties fall from the sky and go splat on the ground, she checks the weapon to be sure how much juice it has left.
Crystal Clad
Character Sheet
Stealth d6; Notice d8
Hindrances: Overconfident; Thin-Skinned: -2 vs. Taunt; PTSD: 1/Session, Roll Spirit or -1 Benny;
Edges & Abilities: AB: Weird Science; Artificer: Create Arcane Devices; Arcane Machinist: Create Gizmo 6/Session
Master of Magic (Hind): Can use Mega-Modifiers; Ms. Fix-it Edge: Repairs take 1/2 time on a Raise
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Update

Rift is closed
Swarms are dead
Cthulhu is currently puppeted. I need @Epic Eric Acy to specify the exact command he is given for the puppet. I can narrate what happens. He will not stay puppeted forever so what are you going to do with him.
Dice rolls
Soak Frida d6!!: [1] = 1
Soak Crystal d6!!: [2] = 2
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

The look on the Psi-alien's face tells you that Eric seems a bit surprised.

Well now, I didn't expect that to happen now did I? Uh, hang on a sec... Eric concentrates a bit and makes uncomfortable eye contact with the creature for a few seconds while calmly telling it to allow its (your) new best friend to communicate with him in his mind without resisting.

Mind link 1d12!!+5: [6]+5 = 11
Wild 1d6!!+5: [11!!]+5 = 16

Cthulhu hears "You will dance for us now, without harming us."

Eric's whiny, adolescent-cracking sounding voice yelps, uh... OK I got Octoface distracted so you all can continue shooting it now! Wait let me out of the way...OK, now you can fry the squid.

Eric can maintain for many rounds and will do so long enough for the rest of the team(s) to eliminate the giant pile of calamari.

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Desert Lake
14th April 110 PA
Midnight
Round 2

Ritual Dramatic Task Complete
Cthulhu
2/6 wounds
0/2 Fatigue
Distracted
Shaken (But has hardy)

The rift closes with an audible pop as @Frida completes the disruption. Once the rift is closed the lake waters begin to rise again. The badly damaged barge slips below the surface and sink quickly to the bottom. @Hero and @Vikon Athir along with the crew slid into the water as the barge sinks. Hero and Vikon sink to the bottom of the lake. A few of the crew try to swim to the shore but the churning water is making it very difficult.

@Frida and @Crystal Clad kill the only 2 swarms to escape the rift. Now there is only the big guy left.

As @Henry fires multiple times into Cthulhu's eye, it appears to be working.

Soak Henry 1st d12+4-2: [11]+4-2 = 13 Wild henry 1st d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2 1 wound
Soak Henry's 2nd d12!!+4-3: [9]+4-3 = 10 Wild Henry's 2nd 1d6!!: [5] = 5 1 wound
@Epic Eric Acy feels the alien brain's defenses slip and the command to dance takes. Suddenly Cthulhu begins to dance about freely. While he does his best to not hurt anyone, it is hard for a 150 foot being to be careful of the ants around him. Having never danced before, Cthulhu can only guess at how to do it. He begins to flay his arms, stomp his feet and spin in circles. He also begins thrashing his head which causes his tentacle to flail about. Net effect is it is much harder to hit his eyes now. Eye -6, and dancing -4 = total -10 to hit eyes now.

@Epic Eric Acy mind slips even deep into the alien intelligence. An intelligence so alien it threatens to break Eric's mind. The horror's he sees will leaving him haunted for the rest of his life. As he slips to the point he is almost lost forever. His brain so scarred there is no recovery. He see Cthulhu sitting in a giant room. Across from his two other elder beings. On a table between them is several pieces of parchment with numbers on them. Eric can not understand what is being said. Every time one of the beings speaks, Eric's brain bleeds a little more. Cthulhu keeps pointing to the parchment and then adding new numbers. Suddenly Eric is ripped back to reality and his brain is spinning. The pain coming from his head is so intense he can not move for a few seconds as he catches his breathe.

Left to go
Vroches
Bosco
Checkers
Zeth
Hero Incapped and sinking to the bottom of the lake.
Vikon Incapped and sinking to the bottom of the lake.
Vela
Persephone
Bull 2 wounds and in the wreakage of the DHT that washed ashore.
Cyrus
Watcher
Marvin
Malcolm 2 wounds and floating near the shore
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Persephone »

"Cerbie get him!" she points to Vikon while she herself goes after Hero. Cerberus paddles down and deftly grabs Vikon's arm gently in his mouth and pulls him toward the surface. Persephone on the other hand apparently had far too much confidence in her swimming skills and the Atlantean embarrassingly begins to sink without actually making her way toward Hero.

Cerbie Swim 6, Persephone Gem 0/Swim 3 (Epic Fail)
MAP not included in rolls
Persephone Multi Action 1 Gem (+1 for staff, -2 for bonus): 1d10!!-1: [2]-1 = 1
Wild: 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2

Persephone Multi Action 2 Swim: 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Swim Benny
Swim Reroll (+2 for Elan): 1d4!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild Reroll: 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Cerbie Swim: 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Wild: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Cheatsheet

Bennies 3/3

Cerbie
Special Abilities:
Advances:
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Zeth Towani

Post by Zeth Towani »

With the ritual disrupted Zeth shurgs at those at the bottom of the lake, "A few less competitors it seems."

Looking up in the sky then down at his pistol Zeth feels suddenly inadequate. "Worse than that time we fought a Dominator in the Thundercloud."

Levelling his pistol Zeth just tries to keep the thing off balance while his more powerful allies do the real work. His fireballs having lamost no effect Zeth ducks under cover. "Well that sucks."
Firebolt Pistol, Raise, 20 AP 12
Shooting 1d8!! /1d6!!: [6]/[5] = 1.2 , 6+4 from size = raise.
3d6!!+12 AP 12: [1, 1, 3]+12 = 17
Benny from Joker 3d6!!+12 AP 12: [4, 1, 3]+12 = 20
Ames Jean-louis

Cyrus grimaces as Zeth's shot with his firebolt pistol hits the thing and does little more than a warm ray of sunshine hitting it.

"Hopefully, it did not feel that enough to draw its attention, but I guess we got to do what we can to take this thing out."

Cyrus then
Greater Speed with Quickness 1d8!!: [3] = 3 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Joker Benny 1d8!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [4] = 4
and time slows down for the Atlantean. He then fires three
1d8!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [5] = 5 -6 called shot +4 Sharpshooting negating called shot penalties +6 size = 9 Raise 1d8!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [3] = 3 -6 called shot +4 Sharpshooting negating called shot penalties +6 size = 8 Raise 1d8!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [4] = 4 -6 called shot +4 Sharpshooting negating called shot penalties +6 size = 9 Raise
in rapid succession, bolts of silvery fire directly into the creature's eye. All three shots strike true but flare
Damage 5d6!!: [5, 4, 13!!, 1, 2] = 25 +10 AP 12 Nothing 5d6!!: [5, 1, 9!!, 4, 15!!] = 34 +10 AP 12 Almost!! 5d6!!: [4, 3, 5, 4, 4] = 20 +10 AP 12 Nothing Benny to reroll 5d6!!: [1, 1, 1, 4, 2] = 9 Ugh
against the tentacled monstrosity.

Looking back to Zeth, "I hope you have a plan to get us out of here as this situation could not be more shaped like a pear."
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Wounds 0/3
Fatigue 0/2
Bull Moose

Post by Bull Moose »

Though disastrous, Bull Moose manages to survive the destruction of the death's head transport. Coming to, he quickly
Spirit to unshake: 1d8!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
WD Spirit: 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
of the crash. Scrambling quickly away from the wreckage, he sees the dancing Old One and reacts the way anyone else would.
He

Banish with 4 ISP: 1d8!!: [4] = 4
WD Banish: 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Banish with Elan: 1d8!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
WD Banish: 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12
to where it came from. Focusing all his energy on the being, his mind rips at the tenuous bonds that hold the unholy creature to this world.
Bull Moose Rainier
Bull Moose Rainier
Pace: 8; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Arcane Resistance, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Elan
Current Status Post
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Nope
Dice rolls
Spirit d10!!+16: [7]+16 = 23
Wild d6!!+16: [3]+16 = 19
benny spirit d10!!+16: [8]+16 = 24
benny wild d6!!+16: [1]+16 = 17
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Checkers

Post by Checkers »

Shooting 1d10!, Wild 1d6! +2 for Ion +1 for Heavy Pulse +1 for TM Weapon: [9]+[6!, 3] = 18 Shooting 1d10!, Wild 1d6! +2 for Ion +1 for Heavy Pulse +1 for TM Weapon[/roll] = 13 total to hit
Damage 3d10!+1d6!: [2, 6, 4]+[2] = 14 +3 from Heavy Pulse
Benny to reroll: Damage again 3d10!+1d6!: [3, 3, 3]+[3] = 12 +3 from Heavy Pulse
Bah. Lame.

Second shot Shooting 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [5]+[1] = 6 (MAP canceled out by quickness)
Damage 3d10!+3: [2, 5, 10!, 5]+3 = 25 and ignores armor. Nice!
ignoring armor.

Checkers digs in and keeps firing into the creature's eye. "Go. Down!"

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Watcher snaps out of it and seeing his allies pluming to the bottom of the lake dives in. Drawing on his own awe inspiring power he enhances his bodies self control and swims for them the force of his mighty wings letting him swim faster than any mortal.

Getting to them he reaches and grabs both of them heading to the surface where they can be healed. Watchers pulls up to the shore with @Hero and @Vikon Athir preparing to heal them. When he looks around and sees he is surrounded by the Federation of Magic team...

Boost trait self only free action 1d8!! or 1d6!! with +2 to highest: [4]+[2] = 6
If required here is an Athletics roll 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!!: [2]+[3] = 5
If required benny Athletics 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!!: [4]+[2] = 6
Vroches

Post by Vroches »

Vroches sees the sphinx drop the two injured people on the ground. After they had helped with the battle he could not leave them like this. He drew upon his power and began healing them.

Mass Healing on both 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with +1 rod hold from Joker +2 for +3 total: [2]+[1] = 3
Dang that was close!
Benny to reroll Mass Healing on both 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with +1 rod hold from Joker +2 for +3 total: [2]+[7!!] = 9

@Hero and @Vikon Athir are both healed 2 wounds. A long with anyone else wounded near Vroches.

Vroches then looks around. "In another time we would be allies. But fighting whatever that was, was noble even if you are allied with the villains in this story."
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Desert Lake
14th April 110 PA
Midnight
Round 3

Ritual Dramatic Task Complete
Cthulhu
2/6 wounds
0/2 Fatigue
Distracted
Shaken (But has hardy)

Cthulhu continued to dance with all his heart. Ignoring the petty fleas around that kept trying to bit him. He would not be distracted from his dance. The lake continued to churn with his dance. Wreckage was everywhere and the surface of the lake was stained with fuel from the DHT and barge.
@Hero and @Vikon Athir were on dry land now. Hero opened his eyes and feeling returned to his limbs. He wished it hadn't because every muscle hurt but he was alive.

There were no other targets distracting them now, only the big guy. But how could they do enough damage to bring him down?

Marvin - On hold
Hero d56: [4] = 4 JOKER
Watcher d56: [7] = 7
Crystal d56: [10] = 10
Bull d56: [14] = 14 bull d56: [8] = 8 Sorry added you twice
zeth lh d56: [20] = 20 zeth d56: [25] = 25
Setrakain d56: [25] = 25
Checkers quick d56: [28] = 28 Checkers d56: [56] = 56
Bosco d56: [33] = 33
Vela d56: [33] = 33
Zurathas d56: [34] = 34
Eric d56: [35] = 35
vrotches ilh d56: [40] = 40 Vrotches lh d56: [48] = 48 Vrotches d56: [51] = 51

Personphone d56: [43] = 43
Cyrus d56: [45] = 45
Henry d56: [46] = 46
Frida d56: [47] = 47
Malcolm d56: [51] = 51

The end of the quarter is Thursday so anyone can post in any order. Cthulhu will not break puppet unless he is ordered to harm himself. Currently dancing he does not perceive any of you as a threat so you are good for now. Joker's wild everyone got a benny but it goes away on Friday so use it now.

Cthulhu d56: [41] = 41

OOC Comments
Henry 2 cards for CS 2d54: [36, 52] = 88
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Persephone »

Spellcasting Raise, 1 Wound Inflicted, 2 Bennies used
Spellcasting +1 staff -2 bonus 1d10!!-1: [33!!]-1 = 32
Wild 1d6!!-1: [2]-1 = 1

Dmg 5d6!! Mega damage: [3, 2, 7!!, 3, 4] = 19
Benny to reroll damage
5d6!! Megadamage: [3, 2, 5, 11!!, 11!!] = 32

Benny to reroll damage
5d6!!: [3, 1, 3, 3, 5] = 15 megadamage

32 damage - 28 Toughness = 4 (1 WOUND)
Persephone focuses her shot on the giant eye above the tentacles and the flaming bolt zips in to bury itself deep into the membrane. On most it would have done considerably more but it still is respectable in wounding their massive opponent. The wolf meanwhile focuses on keeping them safe from the flailing tentacles. Teeth aren't going to do much Cthulu.
Last edited by Persephone on Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Cheatsheet

Bennies 3/3

Cerbie
Special Abilities:
Advances:
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Frida

Post by Frida »

Wiping her mouth of the vomit that had escaped her stomach moments before, Frida re-affixed her helmet before viewing the situation. Seeing the two wounded members from the wreckage approach as she gives them a slight nod. With calm motions, she
Success and Raise (17)
Experimental Cerebral Acceleration Stimulants (Aspect limited Speed, with Quickness and 1 additional recipient. 4PP total)
@Bull Moose and @Malcolm have double pace, running and ignore 1 action of MAP and ignore running penalties
Weird Science 1d12!: [12!, 5] = 17
Wild Die 1d6!: [4] = 4
with the same accelerant drugs as she had everyone else. Making for a strange greeting indeed. Still, there was no time for pleasantries as they had work to do and speed was of the essence.

Placing a hand on the side of her helmet, she switches over to team comms she addresses those that came with her. ”Jade Eagle this is Bishop, you have your orders. Enact when able without delay.

The lieutenant gave a final look up at the dancing cephalopod, it’s visage still causing a wrenching terror in her stomach despite the somewhat comical nature of it dancing about. A year ago she would have dreamed about devoting an entire floor of Lone Star complex to dissecting and studying such a creature. Her eye glanced then towards the wreckage of the DHT floating over the lake, which would have been the only plausible way of even transporting such a thing back for any reasonable study. Alas, there was nothing she could do, but perhaps there would be other opportunities in the future. For now they had work to do.

Using 2 bennies to regain 10 power points. Now at 20/20
Crystal Clad

Post by Crystal Clad »

OOC Comments
5/3 Bennies
21/25 PPE
+1 Benny for Ally Joker (6/3)

Crystal is taking two actions (MAP -2):
1: Build Roll to create a Bolt Device (MASER Trapping)
2: Shooting Device at Cthulu

Building Device (Repair 1d12+4, -2 MAP
Build Roll 1d12!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild Repair 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Success = 12 PPE

Firing Device (Techno-wizardry 1d12, -2 MAP, +4 Scale, -6 Targeting Eye, net 1d12-4)
MATH WAS WRONG: -2 MAP, +6 Scale, -6 Targeting Eye, -4 Total Defense. Net 1d12-6
Bolt : (1 PPE, Onslaught +2, Greater Bolt +4; total 7 PPE)
Techno-Wizardry RoF1 1d12!!-4: [17!!]-4 = 13
Techno-Wizardry RoF2 1d12!!-4: [14!!]-4 = 10
Wild TW 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Even with additional -2, Raises on both shots! 5d6 damage, no armor (so Toughness 28)
Raise Damage 1 5d6!!: [3, 3, 2, 11!!, 5] = 24
Raise Damage 2 5d6!!: [5, 3, 4, 2, 14!!] = 28
Benny both damage rolls (-2 Bennies)
Reroll Raise Damage 1 5d6!!: [11!!, 4, 4, 1, 5] = 25
Reroll Raise Damage 2 5d6!!: [9!!, 4, 7!!, 2, 4] = 26
Benny both again (-2 Bennies):
ReReroll Raise Damage 1 5d6!!: [2, 5, 2, 11!!, 4] = 24
ReReroll Raise Damage 2 5d6!!: [3, 5, 1, 10!!, 3] = 22
Last time.... (-2 Bennies):
ReReReroll Raise Damage 1 5d6!!: [8!!, 11!!, 13!!, 7!!, 11!!] = 50 50 Damage vs. 28 Toughness = 5 Wounds Before Soak
ReReReroll Raise Damage 2 5d6!!: [3, 2, 10!!, 3, 1] = 19
Crystal is momentarily taken aback by the sight of a dancing Elder God, but then she just shrugs. Lib told me there'd be days like this.... Least it gives us an opening. Pulling out another assortment of crystals and wires, she makes some adjustments to the Sonic BOOM Gun, turning it into a MASER Rifle; the crystals focus the microwaves into a single super-hot beam. Once again, without pausing, she levels the rifle and points it with surprising accuracy, right at the Elder God's eyes, putting one shot directly in each. One shot fails to do anything, but the other manages to superheat the fluids in the eye, causing it to burst into a viscous mess. As the boiling mass drains down the Old One's betentacled face, she gives a fist-pump of celebration.
Crystal Clad
Character Sheet
Stealth d6; Notice d8
Zeth Towani

Post by Zeth Towani »

Seeing the old one flail about in merriment unnerves Zeth more than its initial appearance. For once he has no story to tell, instead he considers how much he will have to tell if they live through this. Seeing the others aim for the massive eye Zeth follows suit. Funny burning we're burning its eye out. Seeing that thing dance is burning my eyes out too

Shooting 1d8!! 1d6!!: [1]+[7!!] = 8 (hit, no raise, size bonus negated by called shot)
Damage 3d6!!+12: [4, 13!!, 3]+12 = 32 (AP 12, but eye shots ignore armor)
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Note: Henry has 8 bennies. Giving one to Persephone.
@Persephone

SSgt Grimes keeps one eye on the fubar Dyna Bot. Pretty sure it was sabotaged and likely to try killing him, Henry had yelled out kill codes to deactivate it. Seeming to have halted and hopefully powered down Henry yells to Runt to put the damned thing in the APC.

Fire bolts rip towards the monster from one of the Legion females. Henry recalls her from New Del Rio. Hearing her name called out by the other Legion creep with the big trident. She had a… yes… there. Damned scary doggie. Sumbitch.

“Nicely done Persephone! Light that glob of alien meat on fire. BBQ time! Remind me to not upset you hahahaha!”

Hearing the Lt call out new orders Henry, about to aim in on the monster with his railgun, it had nicely worked before and tore up the insane beast, lowered the gun and thought about the orders. It was unlike Frida to call out orders. She tended to let him. Brilliant. Oh nicely called Frida.

He radios back to @Frida

“Yes ma’am! Brilliant call. Runt! Checkers! Marvin! Move out!”

Glancing across the battlefield Grimes grinned and even snickered. Dropping a few grenades set with two minute timers counting down he high tailed it to the CS APC.

Running past the Federation’s Techno Wizard, the one with pretty hair, Henry bolted past her as she blasted away with the magic book stick.

@Crystal Clad

“Good lucky m’lady. See you later! Don’t get ett. An say ‘ello to Magicorum next time ya see his skinny butt. Hahaha.”

With that the CS Ranger, disguised as a Wildernesses Scout runs away towards a parked APC.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Vroches

Post by Vroches »

Vroches knows his pistols have no chance of hurting this creature. But that did not mean they could not irritate it. Focusing his shots, he begins flying around the creature, targeting the slimy joints, openings in the mouth and other weak spots.

Agility test versus 9 and versus 8 or be distracted.
Test Agility - Shooting 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with a +2 from weapon: [7]+[5] = 12
Second action Test Agility - Shooting 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with a +2 from weapon: [6]+[1] = 7
Ames Jean-louis

Magical bolts of energy, high energy masers cutting steam trails through the swampy air, and whatever else could be shot at the elder horror was shot at the elder horror.

Cyrus gritted his teeth and raised his crossbow again. Aiming again for the eyes, as other around him do the same, he let loose
1d8!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [4] = 4 -6 for eye shot +4 to negate called shot penalties +6 size -4 range 1d8!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [4] = 4 -6 for eye shot +4 to negate called shot penalties +6 size -4 range 1d8!!: [7] = 7 1d8!!: [1] = 1 -6 for eye shot +4 to negate called shot penalties +6 size -4 range = 7, 7, 9 hit, hit, raise
bolts of silvery flame into the gooey
5d6!!: [4, 2, 3, 9!!, 1] = 19 +10 5d6!!: [1, 2, 3, 4, 2] = 12 +10 5d6!!: [5, 5, 4, 2, 2] = 18 +10 29, 22, 28 Spend last two bennies to reroll 5d6!!: [4, 1, 5, 5, 1] = 16 +10 5d6!!: [2, 3, 11!!, 5, 8!!] = 29 +10
of whatever passed for an ocular organ. The bolts strike true causing the tentacled horror to flinch, but only one seemed to bury itself deep enough to harm it.

Looks like we're all going to go down fighting this thing. I just hope its enough to bring it down.

1 or 2 wounds dealt
I screwed up with the range which the first two hits should not have been raise damage so I am just going to say I spent the last two bennies rerolling the raise damage (3rd shot) and did 39 which should be 2 wounds if ignoring armor. If we don't get a damage bonus for hitting the eye, then it is 34 which is 1 wound
Last edited by Ames Jean-louis on Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Wounds 0/3
Fatigue 0/2
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Vroches wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:49 am Vroches knows his pistols have no chance of hurting this creature. But that did not mean they could not irritate it. Focusing his shots, he begins flying around the creature, targeting the slimy joints, openings in the mouth and other weak spots.

Agility test versus 9 and versus 8 or be distracted.
Test Agility - Shooting 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with a +2 from weapon: [7]+[5] = 12
Second action Test Agility - Shooting 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with a +2 from weapon: [6]+[1] = 7
Failed tests. Rolled a 8 and a 2 with the wound penalties.
Agi d6!!: [9!!] = 9
wild d6!!: [11!!] = 11
2nd test agi d6!!: [4] = 4
2nd test wild d6!!: [5] = 5
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Setrakian
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Setrakian »

The Dragon Juicer looks at everyone else. Grunting in pain he sits/falls to his ass. Setrakian groans and pulls his juicer harness off and starts smacking it repeatedly and angrily watching as pixie dust falls out of it in bloody clumps.

Seeing the guy called Henry rushing away Set grumbles…

“Asssshat.”
Accounts

Savage Rifts Game Master

Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
Zurathas

Post by Zurathas »

Zurathas zeroes in on the squid's eyeballs. He swings wildly with his
Fighting - Eyeball shot w Martial Warrior: 1d8!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
WD Fighting: 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
Benny Fighting: 1d8!!-4: [9!!]-4 = 5
Benny WD Fighting: 1d6!!-4: [9!!]-4 = 5
2nd Benny Fighting: 1d8!!-4: [7]-4 = 3
2nd WD Benny: 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
3rd Benny Fighting: 1d8!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
3rd WD Benny: 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
EP 4th Benny Fighting: 1d8!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
EP 4th WD Benny: 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
EP 6th Benny: 1d8!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
EP 5th WD Benny: 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
EP actual 6th Benny: 1d8!!-4: [7]-4 = 3
EP WD 6th Benny: 1d6!!-4: [9!!]-4 = 5
but cannot manage to strike the comparatively small target.
His

Left Hand Fighting: 1d8!!-4: [10!!]-4 = 6
WD Left Hand: 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
though

Damage with Smite: 1d12!!+3d12!!+3+4: [11]+[10, 16!!, 2]+3+4 = 46
into the Old One's ocular cavity, striking something that might resemble its brain. "Even the elder gods are no match for Zurathas! HAHAHAHAHA!"
Zurathas
Zurathas
Current Status Post
Checkers

Post by Checkers »

Checkers
Hit with a raise, does 21 MD, ignoring armor. Rolls made on discord.
and lets out a growl. Slinging his rifle, he
quickness offsets any MAP and breed advantage lets him be awesome in the water. Rolled a 15 for Athletics, if needed.
and begins swimming for shore. Into his comm, he growls, "Think I killed it! Coming."

Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Grimes nods to himself. He’d felt that same momentary itch to stay and fight too. Over the radio in response to @Checkers comment:

”Never was any doubt Corporal! We definitely knocked it down and could have taken it out. Good job kicking it’s ass…eyes…ha. Let the others finish it off so we can get a jump start on getting to our destination ahead of these mopes!”

Henry then turns on the APC and as the last teammate jumps in he’ll take off leaving the others to finish here.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Desert Lake
14th April 110 PA
Midnight
Round 3

With the final devastating blow to his eye Cthulhu falls to the lake surface. All 150 feet of him slams into the surface of the lake crushing people and wreckage alike. The resulting wave is massive and washes far inland.

Roll evasion (agility -2)
CS team except for Checkers was already escaping so they can ignore the -2
Flyers can ignore the -2
All ground troops and anyone climbing him are stuck with the -2
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Agility to Evade 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! no penalty for flying: [4]+[5] = 9

Flying above the creature caring @Hero Watcher easily avoided the wave, then his curiosity was too much for him as he flew down and landed on the creature. What could be learned from this thing. The body parts and mass left behind could be a source of incredible power.
Vroches

Post by Vroches »

Flyer Agility to evade 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! no penalty for flyers: [6]+[11!!] = 17

Vroches easily pulls up away from the creature's splash. Already well above the creatures own height he was at little risk from being affected by it. Thinking to himself this creature's body is infused with enough power he may be able to use it for a teleport ritual. He is not surprised when he sees the Sphinx landing on it. The creature probably having a similar idea in mind.

He communicates over the radio on open broadcast. "The CS fled the field earlier. I guess they like to restrict their murdering to innocent bystanders and the defenseless. Not much for fighting a real threat to the earth."
Checkers

Post by Checkers »

Most people think cats hate water, but not tigers. Tigers move in water like they were born to it, and Checkers is no exception.
Agility 10, rolled on discord without the -2 after GM confirmed his "Water Breed" edge would negate the penalty in this instance
and rides the wave to shore, using the momentum as a boost to get a running start towards the APC.

Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Driving Roll 15 Total
Agility 1d8!!: [4] = 4 Agility wild die 1d6!!: [15!!] = 15
Seeing the massive splash and resulting rush of water Henry turns the APC to face it head on as he waits on Checkers. The APC handles the free car wash with flare. Motivational music blares from the external speakers. The Northern Gun anthem blasts out loud and proud.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Setrakian
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Setrakian »

Setrakian wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:13 pm
The Dragon Juicer looks at everyone else. Grunting in pain he sits/falls to his ass. Setrakian groans and pulls his juicer harness off and starts smacking it repeatedly and angrily watching as pixie dust falls out of it in bloody clumps.

Seeing the guy called Henry rushing away Set grumbles…

“Asssshat.”
As the massive splash blasts water towards the sitting Dragon Juicer, he groans, bad time to be cleaning the harness.

Well Damn

Agility Roll: Agility 1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2 wild die 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

Setrakian starts to push himself up, growling feral and mad, hoping to jump out of the way but is not fast enough. A tidal wave of gore and water slams into the unprepared Juicer.

"Gurgle gurgle fugggurgle fuuu!"

Dad was right I should have trained to be a Shifter like my brothers. This is some ultimate bull shugle gurgle.

All the water etc — Setrakian doesn’t even register the massive shadow over him from the monster falling towards him.

Edit (Bennie time)

Slamming the harness to his chest he attempts to push his way out of the gore, water, and from beneath the quickly falling shadow above him.

Bennie 1 Athletics 1d8!!-2: [5]-2 = 3 B1 Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3

The water is heavy and hard to push through…

Screaming in anger the juicer thumb punches the injector of the harness…

Bennie 2 1d8!!-2: [6]-2 = 4 B2 Wild 1d6!!-2: [11!!]-2 = 9

@Zurathas ”Brooootherrrr!”

Barely, very very barely, Setrakian gets out from under the ginormous falling monster and float - runs away.

Still alive. Hot damn.

“Zurathas my brother! I see you. Here. Thank you brother!”
Accounts

Savage Rifts Game Master

Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
Ames Jean-louis

Cyrus cracks a wry smile as the eldritch horror violently dies. The Atlantean's amused face quickly turns sour as the thing crashes back into the lake in more pieces than it started with.

"That's not good..."

Everything seems to slow down as Cyrus tries to
1d8!!: [7] = 7 1d6!!: [5] = 5 - 2
to safety. Either from his enhanced speed from his tattoo, or from just sheer luck, he manages to get a handhold on a rocky outcropping and scabble up above the new water line caused by the tidal wave.

Success
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Wounds 0/3
Fatigue 0/2
Frida

Post by Frida »

Her team had been fortunately far enough away to

Success (5)
No penalty due to distance away
Agility 1d6!: [4] = 4
Wild Die 1d6!: [5] = 5
by a narrow margin. The creature landing only a few feet away from her just moments before she dove into the open hatch of the quickly approaching APC that had come by to scoop them all up.

"Headcount and leave once accounted for." The lieutenant spoke out from the floor she had rolled onto, quickly grabbing onto something to pull herself to her feet. Her eyes peeking out the tiny porthole windows on the sides at the other groups as they all scrambled away from the falling mass. Making a mental note to make profiles on them when she had the chance, though that sort of observant intel gathering wasn't exactly her area of expertise. She'd need help from someone who lived and breathed that sort of clandestine activity to be able to make a dataset of any sort of reasonable accuracy.

".... They're a strange lot, aren't they?" She commented under her breath slightly as they drove off.
Last edited by Frida on Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zurathas

Post by Zurathas »

Zurathas, already at eye level, had only to
Agility: 1d8!!: [7] = 7
WD Agility: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
. The resulting wall of water was of little concern to him...except that his brother was on that beach. His wings tuck into his body, essentially becoming a massive draconic missile hurtling towards the earth. "I'm coming, @Setrakian!" He rushes to dig his brother's body from the gory flood.
Zurathas
Zurathas
Current Status Post
Bull Moose

Post by Bull Moose »

Bull Moose doesn't spend much time by the water. Seeing the impending death of the squid creature, he follows commands and
Agility: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
WD Agility: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
for exfil. "Let's get all gone! Punch it!"
Bull Moose Rainier
Bull Moose Rainier
Pace: 8; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Arcane Resistance, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Elan
Current Status Post
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Persephone »

6 Bennies taken, P-Agil 5, C-Agil 6
Persephone Agility 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Persephone Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3

Benny for Perse
Agility 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Benny for Perse 2
1d6!!: [2] = 2

Benny for Perse 3
Agil 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Perse Benny 4
1d6!!: [1] = 1

Perse Benny 5
1d6!!: [4] = 4
1d6!!: [5] = 5

+1 Benny for PP

Cerberus
Cerb Agility 1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Cerb Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Cerbie Benny
Agility 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
The wolf has a moment but manages to jump out of the way without help.

Persephone chose the hard path jumping through various tentacles as they splashed down, "Crap, crap, crap crap, crap!" She managed to get clear of them just in time to be in the way of the body. She started to try to swim out of the way when something grabbed her and pulled her clear. "Eep!"

She looked around once she was clear to see who her rescuers were and lifts a hand in the air while using the other to amplify her voice. "Thank you!"
Last edited by Persephone on Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Cheatsheet

Bennies 3/3

Cerbie
Special Abilities:
Advances:
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

Eric mutters a few choice words to himself and clearly, some other person not present but as he was already out of the fall zone he ignored the giant crash/splash in the immediate area, instead now looking to regroup with the others.

Yeah... mom always said you could accomplish anything you put your mind to. Well, can it because you never had a mom and if you did she wouldn't believe this anyway. Now where the heck are they all going? (looks around for obvious thing he obviously missed)

Hey I was thinking, we're gonna need a bigger boat. Or "A" boat...or something.

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela ran full tilt towards the creature, leaping onto its body, digging in with her claws and scaling it like it was a sequoia tree, hoping to get her shot at the beast's soft spots that lurched so enticingly above. Far, far above.

Unfortunately, that also meant that when its last gasp of life escaped it, and the thing started falling over, she was not even at ground zero. More like ground negative one. With a roar of defiance she flung herself off, intending to try to run out from under its shadow once she splashed down...but gravity is a cruel mistress. She and the beast fell at the same rate.

Even for someone with catlike reflexes, there was only a breath of time between Vela coming down and the monster.

It wasn't enough.

Rolls
Agility at -2
1d10!! 1d6!!: [2]+[4] = 6

lol...moved too slow on this, could have used a benny before they refreshed...

1d10!! 1d6!!: [3]+[3] = 6
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Hero

Post by Hero »

OOC Comments
Evasion roll:

"Flyer" because he's being carried by Watcher.
-1 Wounded
-1 Racial Hindrance

Agility 1d8!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild Agility 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

Ah, well.

Damage 3d4!!: [1, 14!!, 5!!] = 20
So, that's 2 more wounds, bringing him back up to 3. Watcher's gonna have to keep him safer....
Hero is busy urging Watcher to "Charge the eye!" when someone else administers the kill-shot. His disappointment at not being the one to kill the beast is more than amply tempered by his exultation at the group's victory. As the monstrous entity begins to topple, he swings around in Watcher's grip to get a better view--and promptly gets smacked in the face by the very tentacle that the Sphinx so deftly evaded. It hits him right in the head, giving him a nasty concussion, but he manages to remain conscious this time.
Crystal Clad

Post by Crystal Clad »

OOC Comments
Crystal tries to evade:
Agility 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Agility 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

Ouch.

Damage 3d4!!: [7!!, 1, 2] = 10
Standing on the shore of the lake, Crystal barely has time to register that they won before the massive wave resulting from the creature's fall reaches her..... The water tosses her back some distance up the shore, and leaves her a bit discombobulated, but otherwise unharmed.
Crystal Clad
Character Sheet
Stealth d6; Notice d8
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Anyone that does not get clear will take 3d4 MD AP 666 with knock back.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Zeth Towani

Post by Zeth Towani »

Evasion 21
Agility 1d10!! / 1d6!!: [2]+[21!!] = 23 -2
Zeth stands agape as he watches the alien intelligence, or perhaps just a small part of it's essence, descend into the lake. The story of the body of such a being buried at the bottom of a lake would be one of his best yet.

If he lives to tell it! The crushing wall of water presses toward him faster than his legs could carry him, naturally anyway. Pumping mystic energy into his body he becomes super charged with speed scooting across the landscape with ease before finally teleporting himself into a high rocky hill. The waves crush around him and he watches like a light house in a storm.

He smiles as he takes it all in.

Awesome!
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Desert Lake
14th April 110 PA
Midnight
End of combat

Cthulhu crushed the remains of the barge beneath his massive bulk. He even managed to hit several people on the way down. Sometimes 150 feet of elder god was to much to dodge. As the great elder being came to rest on the lake bottom, a great portion of him was still exposed. @Watcher and @Vroches being curious of the magic energy need to sustain a being of this size, land on his exposed back to investigate. Their time could not have been worse. No sooner had they landed than the magic holding the elder being together destabilized. With a blinding surge of dark power and an audible pop the body disappeared, sucked back to his home plane. When everyone could see again the body was gone. So was Watcher and Vroches.

Don't forget to take 3d4 MD Ap 666 damage if you failed to evade. You can also post any after combat wrap up you want. I will drop the new scene for each team later this week. Anyone still alive after taking the damage gets conviction.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Frida

Post by Frida »

As the APC sped off into the twilight, Frida pressed the release button from the grapnel launcher she had fired so as to avoid dragging the woman with the wolf along the ground with them. The metal cable zipped back into place rapidly as sand and water flung in all directions, the massive creature falling with a loud crash but a foot away from her.

”Guess it works still.” She mumbled as she closed the rear hatch of the vehicle, examining the device in her hands for a brief moment. She had found the thing in the desert sands after who knew how many years, after it had become tangled around the wheels of their vehicle. It was a wonder that it was still functional after all this time.

Her gaze moved upwards to meet the questioning looks of the others, right around when the cerebral drugs started to wear off of all of them. The oncoming crash making all of them feel more sluggish than usual, though in reality it was simply their normal senses returning to them and giving them a cold feeling of mortality. Marvin might have felt something similar after completing his detox long ago, the familiar sensations, or lack thereof reminding him of the withdrawals he had had to deal with.

”It was one of the humans.” She explained under her breath as she fumbled about justifying her actions to them. The lieutenant not being aware of the nature of True Atlanteans and how the Coalition would likely see their magically enhanced figures as abominations in much the same way as any d-bee that existed.

”More importantly, this is the sort of thing a group of Coalition soldiers would -not- do. But a group of mercenaries just might.” Lacking the eloquent gift of gab that Henry possessed, she did not exactly come off as convincing. But then again she didn’t seem to come across as anything other than a robot impassively reading a report either.

Already though, she had reached for her med bag as the claws and syringes ejected out of the wrist dispensers of her EBA. Turning her attention to the new arrivals that had jumped in with them. ”You two, line up and remove your armor. Report and identify yourselves while I address your injuries.”
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

As he starts to run away Bosco looks down and, improbably, sees that his boot laces are tied together. He looks up just in time to see the monsters weight bearing down on him. The last thing he hears is the faint chimes of a faerie song.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Desert Lake
14th April 110 PA
Midnight
End of combat

They had prevailed but at what cost. The eldritch being was dead but so where some of their teammates. One group had run before the being had fallen so they may have escaped unharmed but most of the rest had not.
Of the two teams that had stayed to the end the tally was not pretty.

@Watcher had been pulled into the other dimension with the dead being.
@Vroches had been pulled into the other dimension with the dead being.
@Bosco had been killed when the being fell on him.
@Hero had been wounded when the being started to fall then had been shaken when the elder being and watcher had disappeared from under his feet.
@Zurathas had disappeared in the chaos of the tsunami with @Setrakian.

The survivors gathered their wounded and made plans to head south again. With some many of their team gone what would they do?
Dice rolls
Vela damage 3d4!!: [7!!, 3, 1] = 11
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Hero

Post by Hero »

Hero looks around as his fellow Legionnaires gather (he, himself, was the last to arrive, due to having to walk out of the bottom of the thrice-damned lake). "What is our current situation? Is this all of us who survived?"
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Persephone »

"I saw at least one of ours, Watcher, get caught under that thing's body. I don't know about anyone else." she pulled a towel out of her pack and began rubbing herself as dry as possible. In the mean time the wolf moves away from people and shakes itself off. When Cerbie comes back Persephone uses the same towel on him as well. It's not going to get him much drier but it's what she has. She should invest in a second towel at some point. "The gate is sealed but I am not sure it is wise to remain here long. We don't know what else will be attracted by this mess here."
Cheatsheet

Bennies 3/3

Cerbie
Special Abilities:
Advances:
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

Meanwhile - John’s Perspective

John Carter is on a boat drifting down the Rio Grande, keeping an eye out for the team he’s supposed to join. He had been part of a group of Legionnaires dispatched to reinforce them after several of its original members were discovered far from their intended destination due to a Rift fluctuation, too injured to be sent immediately back into the field. Apparently his group suffered a similar mishap on their own Rift transit, which is why he’s currently traveling alone trying to rendezvous with the original team.

When he had finally managed to get to New Del Rio he discovered they had been and gone already, apparently causing enough a ruckus alongside other parties that people were still talking about them. After some investigation he learned they had taken a barge down the river, so he secured a tiny boat of his own to follow their trail.

During his trip downriver he occasionally attempted to contact them over the encrypted channels he had been provided with. He optimistically takes the lack of replies to mean they were just out of range rather than more dire possibilities. He thinks it’s only a matter of time till he catches up with them, either while traveling or at their destination.

It’s midnight when John gets his first hint of the team’s location. Miles ahead of him, where the river feeds into Desert Lake, the night is suddenly lit up by the glow of multiple ley lines flaring into existence. Unsure of what exactly is happening but assuming it’s significant, he gets out his holo-communicator to contact his real superiors about the situation.

“Phantom to Argus, Phantom to Argus, there’s a major anomalous event occurring approximately eight miles southeast of my current position. Think it might be of interest.”

Investigating strange phenomena which might pose a potential threat to Freedom Station and the other orbital communities is part of his current mission on Earth, so it’s a no brainer to alert FDF Command that something immense and bizarre is happening practically in front of him. They’d want the opportunity to get a reconnaissance satellite in position to observe and record it if one hasn’t already spotted it and is doing so.

As John waits for his position to be triangulated and a reply by tight beam transmission his boat suddenly speeds up as the river’s waters rush to join a whirlpool that’s formed in the lake. That’s soon followed by a massive thing emerging from the water. The unmistakable sound of a railgun shot roars in the distance as a dragon is suddenly in the air and clawing at the monster’s face.

“Any Legionnaires reading me?” he asks over his armor’s radio. "Been sent by Refuge as reinforcement. That your railgun that shot at that monster?”

The lack of response tells John that he’s not in range. Though that could change soon at the speed the river is flowing toward the battle ahead. As he does his best to keep the boat from being capsized in the rapids the river has become he receives a reply to his other transmission.

“Argus to Phantom, we have eyes on the event. Relaying video.”

John’s holo-com begins to display a bird’s eye view of the battle he’s approaching. Looking at the participants he immediately spots Eric’s armor. Looks like he isn’t the only member of his group who managed to make it here. Searching as best he can while keeping his boat afloat he manages to pick out the more distinctive looking members of the original team, such as the sphinx known as Watcher and the feline shapeshifter Vela. John could at least be sure he’s heading to the right place. And at least some of those that John didn’t recognize have to be members of the rival teams.

John then is forced to cease watching and put his holo-com away as he discovers he’s got problems of his own. The water around him churns with creatures driven in a panicked frenzy from the lake they called their home. Among them are a number of predators that have decided the boat and its passenger might make a good snack to eat on the run. Deciding to take the better part of valor, John turns invisible and incorporeal. Unable to control the craft in his current state, he’s forced to just watch as one predator grabs hold of it and pulls it under.

John makes his way to the riverbank, his invisible and intangible state leaving him untroubled by either the rushing current or the frenzied wildlife in the water. Once he’s on solid ground he checks the area to make sure it’s free of any predators, sentient or otherwise, and once he’s satisfied he’s in no immediate danger he becomes visible and solid again so he can resume watching the satellite feed. As he joins the video in progress he notes the rift has somehow been closed and Eric is apparently staring down the monster. And then, bizarrely the creature starts dancing.

What the…

As the eldritch being proceeds to get down others on the battlefield proceed to unload everything they got on the creature. Those not attempting to rescue or resuscitate those who the battle got the best of, that is. Eventually the creature is brought down, though not without taking at least one of the team John is supposed to meet with it. With the battle over, John stows his holo-com away and begins walking toward the aftermath, cloaking himself from sight as a precautionary measure. When he thinks he’s within range for his armor’s radio he makes another attempt to contact his fellow legionnaires over the encrypted channel they should be using. If no one else, Eric at least should receive it.

“Legionaries, do you read me? This is John Carter. Been sent by Castle Refuge to join you. I should be about five miles from your position, assuming you guys were part of the fireworks that made whatever that thing was go away.”
John Carter
John Carter

Bennies: 3/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Jack-Of-All-Trades Skill: Driving d4
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Persephone »

John Carter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:53 pm Meanwhile - John’s Perspective

“Legionaries, do you read me? This is John Carter. Been sent by Castle Refuge to join you. I should be about five miles from your position, assuming you guys were part of the fireworks that made whatever that thing was go away.”
"Those of us that are left are and do." She replies. "Along with our boat, we lost some members, I think. We're still kinda regrouping." She definitely sounds tired. Normally, she might be more doubtful of all the new people that keep joining their group this late but considering that they technically are still under truce from the battle she's more willing to accept that they aren't going to hurt them.
Cheatsheet

Bennies 3/3

Cerbie
Special Abilities:
Advances:
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig

Return to “Battle Royal”