3.0 Lord Klynncryth’s Blood Dome Arena

How will you react? I don’t want to railroad you too much lol.

Try to escape now. (This will be one damned big/hard fight and might be to the death but hey it’s an option that might work?).
No votes
Allow the Repo-Bots to take all of you, Giest included, to a cell where you will wait for an audience with Lord Klynncryth. You’d get some alone time with o’Victoria at least.
60%
Present another option you want to attempt.
40%

Total votes: 5

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

3.0 Lord Klynncryth’s Blood Dome Arena

Post by Daniel »

Correction to Plot Info
Hey Black Company members. I goofed. I accidentally called the Splugorth named KlynncrythAshcryth. Ashcryth is a Splugorth yes, but he comes into play later. So. Instead of the title Ashcyth’s Arena I am changing it to the Klynncryth’s Blood Dome Arena which is correct. Okay. Thank you. On with the story… these things are important lol. — Lars

World: Phase World
City: Center
District: Level 3-A Splugorth Trade Area
Year (Rifts Earth): 111 P.A.

Fate of the Legends
The Legends of the Legion make their way to the teleportation room. Minus the Cosmo Knight who blasts off and leaves. (As he is a Cosmo Knight the arena guards were indecisive and didn’t stop him. Security cracks down afterwards).

Sir Coake, Craven and the Nomad Shadow Mage make their way with the Legends to the teleportation room following the Legends.

As the Legends step through the portal, they are returned to Fissure.

Justice, the Shadow Mage speaks to the founder of the Cyber Knights.

Lord Coake looks pained. Then sighs.

”Do it.”

_________

If you are a Legends of the Legion Player Character you are welcome to RP here: viewtopic.php?p=79754#p79754

For the time being you are back into retirement. But. If you have a desire to RP here you of course may.

• Enemies and Allies
A orb the size of a basket ball floats into the Command room of the dimensional pyramid. It’s silver blue reflective exterior reflects back a twisted view of the avatar of war, the avian necromaner and the mummified warrior, the action hero of the past, the four arm fierce Vronwor, two dwarves and the warrior woman.

Humble. Hans. Tula. Charon. Ducky. Kaulgrim. Action Stan.

The members of the Black Company look back at the floating orb as it hums audibly.

An intercom activates inside the Command room and you hear Lord Coake’s voice: ”We, uh well I should say Justice, figured out a way to return the pyramid to Fissure. It’s imperative you get that device from Geist and if you can the location of the Legionnaires. There is a friend in Center.....”

The entire pyramid rumbles.

The floor disappears under you as the entire pyramid fades out of sight and is gone.

The drop is less than ten feet.

Sound Based Notice Roll:
Successful? You hear Coake says, ”Silver Wolf.”

The arena floor is massive. In the immediate area of where you stand is a crushed giant.

Occult or similar Roll: at -4
Successful? It’s a now dead flattened Pog Tail Dragon Slayer, they are D-Bees that are somewhat common in South America.

It’s dead. Crushed. Obviously by the now gone pyramid. For the first time you each realize just how huge the crowd in this arena is as there is a collective murmur, a collective gasp at seeing the crushed giant.

The outward arena lights dim and multiple brighter lights focus on each of you and your area of the arena.

The seven of you and Flint the Mummy, stand brightly illuminated. Overhead and around you are now twenty of the orbs, flying to and fro and hovering about. Ahead of you is Victoria Geist, one eye open and laying prone, in a daze, blood dripping from her temple. Just beyond her, ten large black robots stalk closer. Off to the right of them (your left) is a young dragon wearing dark leathers stepping slowly back from the dead Pog Tail. Dropping an overly large sword the dragon looks nervous.

Then the deafening sound erupts. Waves of sound ripple through your stomach and it takes a moment to realize it is the cheering of the crowd. 100,000 plus voices yelling out in pleasure at once.

The robots and orbs cautiously close in on you and two robots grab up Victoria and hold her aloft in their firm Metal grasp.

Then the crowd is silenced when a horn blows so loud you think your ears might bleed.

The robots stop moving. Victoria hangs limply. The orbs shake at high frequencies but don’t move from place.

Ascending slowly from high above you is a large metal platform. From below it all you see is warm glowing jets of the hover system of the platform. It lowers down - then stops. Hovering above your heads. Roughly 60 feet up. You see movement as a figure steps closer to the edge and looks down upon the scene below on the arena floor.

A booming voice echoes out over the crowd.

The words mean nothing to you, an alien voice. Resounding and guttural. You can catch a view of the occupants on the hovering platform by looking at one of several massive screens. A few floating screens show views of you all, some of the dragon slinking away. Most show the monstrosity on the barge.

An alien intelligence (Splugorth) sits in a large tub of churning murky water, it’s multiple eyes squinting in anger. It’s voice hurts to hear. There are a dozen Kydian guards standing by the Splugorth. Two odd beings, Bio Borgs, crawl around the pool the intelligence is in. A Rulian Translator cowering next to the edge looking down at you talks into a floating mic.

”You have killed the expensive and beloved Pog Tail … Bonecrusher … You shall purchase the beast … If you cannot afford the beast you will pay off your debt to the mighty Lord Klynncryth … you will accompany these Repo Bots to the arena staging area … You will await the magnanimous Lord Klynncryth’s call and discuss restitution.”

The translator alien points at the Repo Bots.

”Go with them. Or die now!”

It should be obvious to you each that you are surrounded by powerful robots, an alien intelligence and if there are 100,000 spectators you can bet there are hundreds of thousands of guards.

As soon as the translator finishes talking the crowd builds up in a chant.

”Vecnas yll K’Verss!”

It’s chanted repeatedly and grows in volume until the Splugorth speaks again in its horrid scratching voice. Silence descends over the arena as the spectators await your response.

Options — Vote on what you want to do. Attempt to fight your way out of the arena? Go along with being taken to a cell to await a audience with Lord Klynncryth. To discuss restitution. Or do you have another idea in mind?

Please vote AND make a post voicing what you think you ought to do. You can also communicate with the Rulian if desired. I’ll respond ASAP.

This doesn’t need to be a long post.

Rulian Translator
Rulian Translator
Kydian Guards
Kydian Guards
Lord Klynncryth
Lord Klynncryth
Blood Dome
Blood Dome
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: 3.0 Lord Klynncryth’s Blood Dome Arena

Post by Hans Greuber »

Notice: 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Result: 3 - Fail.

Occult (at -4)
  • Occult: 1d12!!-4!!: [6]-4 = 2
    Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [3]-2 = 1 -2
    • Bennie Reroll
      • Occult: 1d12!!-4!!: [13!!]-4 = 9
        Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5 -4
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise.

"Well, I don't like either of those options. I don't want to give up our stuff, and we can't go into hiding or we won't be able to get to Geist. The Splugorth wants to show a fight. We can offer to fight in the arena.
@Action Stan, do you think you can do it?"
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Action Stan

Post by Action Stan »

Hans Greuber wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:39 pm
"Well, I don't like either of those options. I don't want to give up our stuff, and we can't go into hiding or we won't be able to get to Geist. The Splugorth wants to show a fight. We can offer to fight in the arena.
Action Stan, do you think you can do it?"
With everything else going on Stan still takes a second to make sure the giant wasn't wearing ruby footwear. Satisfied there would not be flying monkeys in the near future. He thinks for a second about the techno-wizards proposal. "I think if it were inclined to negotiate now we'd be doing so. A being that controls all this... Not one we wanna get demanding with I'm thinking. I say we go for the meet and greet. I don't like it, spent years fighting one of these henti nightmare motherfuckers but we got a sayin down in Pecos, "Play the hand your delt." We been delt shit, lets not go all in until we see the flop."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 2/3 1 Zombie Benny
Charon

Post by Charon »

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild Notice 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Agility 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild Agility 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Persuasion 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!: [4] = 4
When the floor disappears, Charon manages to get her wings out fast enough to not pratfall on the floor like most of the company, instead hovering a few feet off the floor. Flint picks himself up and just naturally steps to a position immediately to her rear, facing outward, as a ground guard, but not taking any immediate action without command.

As the others focus on the practicalities of the moment, Charon sees another option, here. Addressing the 'Translator', she speaks in a clear voice. "I understand your Master's claim against us--but given some time, I might be able to restore that which has been lost, fully and wholly. Would that negate our debt?" As she speaks, she gestures to the crushed gladiator.
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

The Rulian Translator looked back and forth from those on the arena floor to Lord Klynncryth.

Each response you voiced seemed to boom across the stadium.

In fact, you each do notice the recent addition of several very small, hovering about sound relay drones about the size of a gum ball. One hovers by each of you, even Clips.

When Hans voices he doesn’t like the options and says, ”The Splugorth wants to show a fight. We can offer to fight in the arena.”

The crowd erupts in a short cheer.

Stan says, ”I don't like it, spent years fighting one of these henti nightmare motherfuckers …”

The crowd collectively oooohhs, some cheer.

”…we got a sayin down in Pecos, "Play the hand your delt." We been delt shit …”

An eruption of laughter peels across the arena.

Charon addresses the 'Translator', she speaks in a clear voice. "… I might be able to restore that which has been lost, fully and wholly. Would that negate our debt?"
Silence covers the arena as the crowd watches, listens, and likely expects to see someone get obliterated at any moment.

The translator speaks: ”I doubt that young one but it does sound like an exciting option… any other thoughts you’d like to entertain us with from the rest of your odd team before Lord Klynncryth is done listening? We do have a show to do still! Up next the crowd pleasing favorite Dino Wars!!”

The cheer from the crowd again ripples over you all from the massive crowd.

If anyone else has anything to say bows the time.

OOC Comments
Humble. Still to go.
Hans. Posted, can RP more as desired.
Tula. Still to go.
Charon. Posted, can RP more as desired.
Ducky. Still to go.
Kaulgrim. Still to go.
Action Stan. Posted, can RP more as desired.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky shook her head vehemently. “So like, this one time Emperor Dorian had me baby sit a cryth, and like it poo’d all over the place while it ate half a planet.” She shuttered re imagining all the poo…. Newly two armed she nodded to Hans and Charon praying to the forge that they would survive the upcoming battle. For the first time she saw them for who they were and was amazed.

She raised her blade happy to grip it in two hands and focused in on the translator, “So like by the forge you better let us leave or you are dying first you bag of barf.”
Ducky Stat Block
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note:

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 benny for reroll kn battle
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Laughter - most hideous laughter. Gurgling wet laughter - erupts from atop the platform. On a vid screen you can see the disgusting beak mouth of the Splugorth open and closing as it burps out laughter.

It’s tentacles writh about and splash the murky water all over.

A tentacle arcs out and strikes the translator in its back. Thrust forward the Rulian flails it’s arms and legs as it falls to the ground.

Splat.

Blood seeps from its mouth. Neck twisted.

Laughter erupts in the arena.

Klynncryth is chortling on excitedly in its unintelligible alien language.

Insane cheering from the crowd roars across you all.

OOC Comments
Rulian Translator is dead.

Anyone else got something to say?

:twisted:
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Tiny Tim

Post by Tiny Tim »

Looking at the crushed Pog Tail the enslaved dragon known as Tiny Tim backs away even more from the grizzly scene when the Rulian Translator is thrust off the platform and falls to its death.

On the one hand he wasn’t sure he was going to win the forced battle against Bonecrusher. He had expected to die. But in the other hand the dragon was relieved that he’d just finished his final conscripted fight. He would - hopefully - be released now.

Moving away and into shadow Tim made his way back into the exit tunnel for gladiators.
OOC Comments
I guess Hans accidentally posted as Tim. There was no text. So I added some - Lars
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 40/40
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 3/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
    +1 Bennie due EP, Spent for 5 ISP against Dark Fairy Zombies.
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

"I still say the arena battle is our best bet. Lord Klynncryth want to entertain the audience, so they won't throw anything TOO overpowered against us, because it wants them entertained, and us... an unknown factor... will make a novel situation. That will make the betting go wild and that should keep it happy. After the one battle, I can assist Charon in Resurrecting the Pog Tail Dragon Slayer, as can some of the rest of us. That should get us some good will with the Splugorth and may allow us to work at getting Geist. Geist is our real target, and we need to get her."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Kaulgrim

Post by Kaulgrim »

Kaulgrim shakes his head. "I'll not be taken alive." He shouts to the barge on which rests the Splugorth lord. "What is the creature's price? And how is its flavor?"
Kaulgrim
Kaulgrim
Pace: 6; Parry: 6
Toughness: 16 (5)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Elan, Rapid Recharge (PPE)
Current Status Post
Action Stan

Post by Action Stan »

Hans Greuber wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:25 pm "I still say the arena battle is our best bet. Lord Klynncryth want to entertain the audience, so they won't throw anything TOO overpowered against us, because it wants them entertained, and us... an unknown factor... will make a novel situation. That will make the betting go wild and that should keep it happy. After the one battle, I can assist Charon in Resurrecting the Pog Tail Dragon Slayer, as can some of the rest of us. That should get us some good will with the Splugorth and may allow us to work at getting Geist. Geist is our real target, and we need to get her."
Eyeing the spybots, Stan reluctantly speaks up. "I'm very not cool with murdering slaves for mass entertainment. As in I made a career of killing folks who do that and making movies about it."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

The line is drawn.

Ducky pursed her lips. Geist…. Splugorth…. There is so much evil… She readied her self drawing what light of the forge existed in such a wretched place into her bosom.

She seethed, “So like there will be no barter with this creature. In ten breathes we attack, like tear it tentacle by tentacle. Rip out it’s eye, and like carve out it’s brain like one of your Earther’s cold scream shops.”

She etched a line in the floor with her blade, “Like the line is drawn. We fight, like kill it, then like gag Geist with a spoon!”

Calmly Ducky began to breath counting down to 10.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

After the Rulian translator was accidentally? knocked off the platform, a Kydian piloting a small oval platform delivered a new translator to the larger Splugorth platform. The alien looked at its lord with trepidation and was prodded off the small hover platform onto the larger one by the Kydian pilot.

Hesitant for just a moment the new translator, also a Rulian, looked to steel his nerves then stepped further onto the floating pool and disk.

Turning to face those below on the arena the new translator prepared to speak into the floating mic for all those assembled and those watching from afar.

The translator listens to Ducky and watches her draw a line.

”The munificent Lord Klynncryth has is not interested in fighting you. If you can bring back Bonecrusher then you’ll only owe a little for the losses you caused. As Bonecrusher is dead the dragon wins. Not good for the house. I suggest you take a moment to calm your teammates and then in an hour meet with Lord Klynncryth to talk further. You can always try fighting us later.”

The crowd laughs.

The ten Repo-Bots gather closer in a loose circle around you all. Two still holding Geist. A tall Kydian in full heavy combat armor carrying a staff with an odd worm like thing on the tip housed in a glass container and a human looking man covered in tattoos wearing only black pants walk past the robots and close to you all. The human canvas talks to you in American (Deep South American).

”Reckon y’all oughta follow meh. I’d say y’all was mighty lucky Klynncryth—“

The staff strikes the man in the back of his head.

”Owll damn. That hurt. Yeah yeah, the Lord Klynncryth coulda jus kelt y’all. Be glad he’s will’n tah talk tah y’all about work’n off y’all debt. Come’n this way.”

The Kydian and tattoo guy turn to head towards a tunnel at the edge of the arena.

A group of brutish aliens run to the dead Bonecrusher and drag it’s body into the tunnel.

Do you follow or stay to fight?
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Kaulgrim

Post by Kaulgrim »

Kaulgrim holds up two hands towards @Ducky. "We may not need to fight a pitched battle with such a creature. Our primary goal is Geist. Spending ourselves in this arena may leave Geist to terrorize the universe yet if we are unable to fight free of this place."
He nods at the translator. "Tell your lord that I will parley." Still armed, Kaulgrim moves to follow the repo bots.
Kaulgrim
Kaulgrim
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Elan, Rapid Recharge (PPE)
Current Status Post
Action Stan

Post by Action Stan »

Ducky wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:52 am The line is drawn.

Ducky pursed her lips. Geist…. Splugorth…. There is so much evil… She readied her self drawing what light of the forge existed in such a wretched place into her bosom.

She seethed, “So like there will be no barter with this creature. In ten breathes we attack, like tear it tentacle by tentacle. Rip out it’s eye, and like carve out it’s brain like one of your Earther’s cold scream shops.”

She etched a line in the floor with her blade, “Like the line is drawn. We fight, like kill it, then like gag Geist with a spoon!”

Looking at Ducky with some concern Stan tries to reason with the Altaran. "Ducky we are not in a position to fight that and all its guards. Even if we had our army the layout is more Custers Last Stand than it is 300 Spartans at Thermopile. An allegory that would make no sense to you... Thousands of them, seven of us. No cover, low on mojo, and surrounded. If we want to finish our job, and I sure do, then we need to parley."
Action Stan
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Charon

Post by Charon »

Charon speaks softly to Ducky. "I agree with the others that we will not survive a battle here and now. Our best bet is negotiating. That said, if honor demands that you fight and die here, then know that you will do neither alone." With that, Charon grips her staff, taking a flanking position, and waits to see if the machine mistress chooses to continue her countdown. I suppose some things are more importantthansurvival....
Current Stats
Stat/block
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble looks around the arena, he had fought many times in many arenas. Some times even on this world. He wonders if his incarnation now looks enough like the forms he had fought on this world for him to be recognized. As the discussion turns and begins to evolve into battle or expense he asks the question he had not previously heard answered. "If we battle for that monster. My price is it must free all the slaves here at the arena, whether I survive or am destroyed." Humble delivered the worlds with a half held breath as if restraining himself.

The words delivered as if he did not just hear the conversation about not surviving a battle here. Surviving was not his only goal and deep down he would like to see the slug killed and all of its kind. But while he would only endanger others attacking a god without preparation and a large army of wizards.

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Ducky wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:52 am The line is drawn.

"Ummm... Ducky... now that you have got your arm back, you don't have to go all Crazy on us. There is no way we can defeat Lord Klynncryth."

At least not without powerful allies, a plan, and a better situation

"I say we all do what we can to help Charon Resurrect the crushed fighter and see what else we need to do to secure Geist. We were tasked with recovering her and bringing her back to Lord Croake. We would just be throwing away our lives for no benefit. Think of all Geist has done and will do in the future if we do not secure her. There is no profit in just throwing our lives away tilting at windmills."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

The tattoo guy and Kydian Guard pause to see if you are following. Several Splugorth Conservators (8 - 10 ft tall monstrous humanoids) march out of the gladiatorial tunnel and take up positions around the Black Company.

An eerie light casts across everyone's vision. Lord Klynncryth quiets and his platform moves away from you all. The translator on the ground in a pile of blood stands up apparently not dead after all.

Brushing himself off the tall alien walks towards you all. Catching a glimpse of the large screens overhead you see that where you are standing there is only empty sand. As if you were invisible.

The apparently not so dead Rulian says, "CG. Crafted Graphics. As far as the spectators are concerned you all walked into the tunnel already. I am Ris, my bother Rax is now up with Lord Klynncryth. It is said we Rulians all look alike and we use that for entertainment purposes often, Raxsul'Kithor'Gut and I have - quote - died dozens of times.'

Again the grating voice of Klynncryth scratches across your ear drums and the translator - translates.

”It is more than just the cost of the Pog Tail. It is his training. It is the embarrassment of you arriving and bypassing security. Most infuriating is the losses to the arena. Several important entities were encouraged to place bets a certain way. Bonecrusher was a sure thing. He technically lost to that damn fool dragon. Credits were lost.”

The translator flinches as the stream of talking continues.

”That doesn’t translate well suffice to say my Lord is not pleased. If you can indeed bring back Bonecrusher that will significantly reduce your debt. Future profits from him would then be a thing. You’d only owe for the loss of riggederrrum I mean what were anticipated winnings.”

Looking you all over, then looking at the Guards and Conservators Ris finishes with: "I'll be frank. I'm sure the Lord will offer you two options. Pay X amount of credits now or earn them by performing in the arena. That is very open... we are more interested in earning credits and the like than death. Actually killing is rare, and only for those who sign a contract saying they are willing. There is much to tell you, here is not the time or place. We can talk within the hour, or I suggest you defy us now. We will just be done with this. What say you. I have things to do."
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Earthers…
Ducky sheathed her sword when so warned. Had she been with her galactic team mates Voss and Que she was pretty sure they would have been dinning in sushi by now. She glanced at Hans, Charon, and the vlogger Stan.

“So like it’s your show Earther’s.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

World and Arena Information
Phase World: Center

Center. It is many things to many people.

The Center of commerce and trade in the Three Galaxies.
(GM Note: Rakis Prime is in the same Galaxy as Phase World, at a extremely far away distance. Granted with Spaceships and Magic distance is relative). The Center of Culture. The Center of knowledge and advanced sciences. The Center of decadence and wealth. The Center of Promethean power. The Center of diplomacy. The Center of conspiracy and treachery. The Center of religion and Mecca for believers in the First Race. And for some, it is the Center of the Megaverse, with gateways to thousands of worlds, and so much more.

Center has been one of the main attractions of Phase World for millennia. It is not only a dimensional hub, it is the center of the Three Galaxies (and some say, the Megaverse). It is a place where the movers and shakers of thousands of worlds come to do business. No matter where you are in the Three Galaxies, someone, somewhere has been to Center and has a tale to tell.

The reasons someone might visit Center are many. It is a nexus to the Megaverse – a gateway to thousands of worlds via Rift portals and spacegates – making it a bustling center of trans-galactic travel. For many, it is a center of commerce, a place to cut life-changing deals, sell products to entire worlds, or acquire rare and exotic items, from magic and alien technology to drugs and illicit wares. Others visit to see the incredible sights that abound everywhere in the sprawling galactic trading port. Still others come for religious purposes, as the city of 600 million is said to have been founded by the First Race. Many others are curious, and come from all across the Megaverse just to catch a glimpse at the exotic wonders and other visitors of the legendary city. Regardless of the reason, few leave without being impressed by something they have seen, heard or experienced.

Even the mundane can seem amazing at Center. Garbage receptacles, for example, teleport garbage to parts unknown – trash and waste just vanish in a twinkle of energy. The monorail mass transit system that transports hundreds of thousands of people to countless locations all over the city is silent and as fast as lightning. Just standing on a street corner or city plaza provide a spectacle as beings from hundreds of distant and alien worlds across the Three Galaxies and beyond walk by. A visitor might even see dragons and demons. The city is so varied and has so much to offer, that even the most jaded and worldly individuals find something to catch their interest.

And yes. There are Spaceships!!

The Blood Dome is a classic, Splugorth gladiatorial arena. It seats 95,000-110,000 beings (depending on who shows up and their size) and events are televised all over Center where an estimated 70 million viewers watch on a pay per view basis. And that doesn’t include digital format sales across the galaxies. Lord Klynncryth has plans in place to expand his viewing audience by transmitting the signal beyond Phase World, however few worlds trust or want to deal with the Splugorth, so there has been considerable resistance to the idea.

The most common events are gladiatorial feats of combat: Gladiator versus gladiator and gladiator versus some kind of monster. Exotic contestants include demons, infernals, dragons, Minions of Splugorth, aliens and monsters from exotic worlds and dimensions, as well as known gladiatorial champions, heroes, and newcomers. Unlike many “sports,” gladiatorial combat always spills blood and the battles are often to the death. This especially appeals to the people of the Splugorth Kingdoms, demons, Deevils and a host of other people, human and inhuman, who are addicted to violence. Betting on the outcome only adds to the excitement, adrenaline flow and, for Lord Klynncryth, the profits. Life and death combat fuels the passion of inhuman spectators, including Kreeghor, and others who have an appetite for this kind of violence; however, half the audience is usually evil, supernatural beings.

Another favorite event is the monthly Monster Mash, in which trained monstrous beasts fight each other while their trainers shout out orders and strategies to them. Depending on the type of beast, these battles can take a few seconds to a couple hours. A popular event is Dragon Challenge, in which 6-10 warriors (sometimes high-tech, sometimes magic-based) take on a ferocious dragon. So far, the dragons have won 8 out of 10 times. Amateur Gladiator, featuring wannabe warriors and young toughs who think they can find fame and fortune in the arena, is another hugely popular show. Another popular show is Battlefield, where as many as two companies of opposing warriors fight to the death on a mock battlefield. The environment changes every week, as do the types of battles and environment. Medieval knights, Earth Old West style gunfights, Earth Old West style Cowboys and Indians battles, and magic vs tech are among the most popular.

The latest craze is Mounted Beast Combat. A supernatural being like a demon, Deevil, or Minion of Splugorth rides a beast into the arena and fights an opponent riding another monstrous beast. The “beasts” can be anything from a Tyrannosaurus Rex (always a crowd pleaser) to semi-intelligent creatures like the Netherbeasts of Hades, and even smart, savage supernatural predators like the Devil Unicorn. If only the opposing rider is killed, the winner gets his opponent’s riding animal plus a sizable cash purse. The battles are often bloody and fought till the death, one surrenders, or one of the beasts and its rider are killed (the latter is the case 68% of the time and the audience loves it). An offshoot of Mounted Beast Combat is the new Dinosaur Wars, in which two rival tribes of dinosaur riders fight to the death.

How popular can such blood sport be? The Blood Dome has had a full house almost every single night – a slow night having only 92% occupancy – since it first opened, decades ago.

You are in the Blood Dome, a small part of this level.

What was the crowd chanting in the last post until the horn sounded signaling silence?

Vecnas yll K’Verss!” - Trade One

Cheers. You Crushers!” - English

So the crowd is cheering at the Black Company and calling you: Crushers!

Your pyramid did crush a crowd and house favorite Pog Tail Slayer named Bonecrusher.

No way I’m typing this. So screen shots. You might need to double tap the images to view them larger. Trade 4. “English like”. Pretty much most of the people you encounter with speak it.

Ris the Rulian translator nods at Ducky when she agrees to go along with her group, not fight, for now anyway. Ris points at the Kydian guard and the Tattoo guy. The translator alien then walks into the tunnels himself and goes his own way.

Leaving the crowd and lights behind you -- you make your way deeper into a tunnel of rust colored steel and past large rooms full of all kinds of aliens, mutants, humans and humanoids. There are a lot of Kydian guards and other servants of various lifeforms.

There are secure rooms with medieval weapons being guarded and a lot of curious looks towards you all from guard and gladiator alike. Interestingly many of the "off duty" gladiators are armed. Granted you haven't seen any weapons larger than an E-Pistol or Vibro blade.

The southerner hasn’t shut up at all as you walk deeper into the tunnel and rooms. He goes on about how some are volunteers here, looking for glory and gold, others - most are debtors who owe credits to someone or another, and opt to pay off their debt with winnings. A few are basically well cared for slaves. It is hard to tell who is what in here. He tells you his name is Snake. Originally from Alabama, he was captured by minions of another Splugorth and enslaved. Over the years he ended up sold here. Now he live like a king in his own quarters here and fights for credits. Someday he plans on buying his contract and a ship’n crew and flying out to the stars.

Snake delivers you to a large barracks room. There are several unique individuals here lounging. You’re told to chill and someone will come collect you up after Klynncryth is done watching the fights.

• Lord Klynncryth
About a half hour later (you have been fed and left to hang out, only able to access some areas) a creepy looking Splugorth High Lord arrives with two, six armed Bio Borg creatures.

”I am
come with me. I will take you to Lord Klynncryth.”

Anshurr talks to you using a techno wizard translator device.

You are taken to a lift and lowered down deeper into the Blood Dome. A five minute walk and a five minute ride on a flat high speed escalator later you arrive at massive wooden doors covered in carvings of battle. The waiting room is plush. Carpeted. Rich. Several well off looking aliens are waiting to gain an audience with Lord Klynncryth. Anshurr walks you all past them and the doors open enough to let you in and close behind you all. In several languages the well to do aliens mutter about you being allowed in before them.

You are walked through a deceivingly large room covered in jungle plants and it feels like you are outside. You are not though.

Stopping by a large murky pool the High Lord bows to the massive Splugorth Intelligence in the waters.

”Master and Lord Klynncryth I present the … Crushers.”
  • The Crushers
    • Tula.
      Stan.
      Hans.
      Humble.
      Charon.
      Flint
      Ducky.
      Kaulgrim.
      Geist.
You stand a mere forty feet from a powerful monster, Lord Klynncryth, who moves closer to the edge of the pool to gaze upon you.

For a jaded crew of mercenaries you don’t slink away from evil or monsters often. The proximity to this being though.

No Fear check. But it’s a little intimidating for sure. Well hidden but easily located are dozens of Kydian guards in the tropical humid chambers.

After Anshurr introduces you a Rulian translator emerges from behind a large tree, its probably Ris (he and his brother do look alike) and he moves to stand between you and his master and lord.

Again the grating voice of Klynncryth scratches across your ear drums and the translator - translates.

”As was said. Bonecrusher is a big hit. A favorite. If you can bring him back to life ... the charges ... not like law charges, credits the Lord means ... will be less. Credits were lost. See the elite they come here and expect to win. And we accommodate them, until we don't. Point is many clients were told Bonecrusher was a sure thing. The house lost a lot...of credits and face."

The translator flinches as the stream of talking continues.

”Lord Klynncryth says he will not in fact except credit from you. You caused him embarrassment. He says that... he says you will participate in events. He cares not if you want to fight one on one to the death or just participate in sport events. His fee is entertainment. If you can bring back the Pog Tail then you will each only owe three events. If you cannot, then it is 6 events from you each.”

This Thread will stay open. The Pog Tail Dragon Slayer (Giant, 50 ft tall) is in the adjacent room. The room is set up with the dead Bonecrusher and you can post here "bringing" it back. Charon take take lead on this and everyone else can assist.

Additionally. Time for a new Quarter. So follow this link to the Interlude GM Post to start off out new Quarter.

So whats the differance between you each doing 3 or 6 events/fights? The Interlude will cover the in game amount of time to do 3 each. If you happen to fail in bringing back Bonecrusher then after the events of the Interlude happen you will still owe three more entertaining events to be out of debt. Lets not worry about that possibility yet.

For now...

1.) Post here to do the "bring back" Bonecrusher.

2.) Follow the link to the Interlude.

- Lars

The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Kaulgrim

Post by Kaulgrim »

Kaulgrim snorts at the meager culinary options. "All of this food is dead. It barely counts as an appetizer." Still, he knows he will need sustenance for whatever might come. And since it will be battle, he must find the line between the frenzy of starvation and the bloated satisfaction of a full belly. Suitably hungry fuels movements, but doesn't dull the wits.
But before battle, the reincarnation.
Kaulgrim, no stranger to arcane proceedings, lends his own mystical knowledge to @Charon's

Spellcasting: 1d8!!: [2] = 2
WD Spellcasting: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Benny Spellcasting with Elan: 1d8!!+2: [22!!]+2 = 24
Benny WD Spellcasting: 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
. Despite his distaste for seeing potential feasts brought back, this was not an honorable kill to begin with. And so he pours his mystic energy into the ritual, secretly hoping it falls to him to fell this creature and taste its vanquished flesh. So in tune are his efforts that he finds he has space in his mind to contemplate the best seasonings for pog tail.
Kaulgrim
Kaulgrim
Current Status Post
Charon

Post by Charon »

OOC Comments
Spellcasting 1d12!!+3; -8 penalty for Resurrection; +6 bonus from Support
Net roll, 1d12+1
Spellcasting 1d12!!+1: [6]+1 = 7
Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Benny because I want that Raise--Elan gets +2
Spellcasting 1d12!!+3: [11]+3 = 14
Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!+3: [3]+3 = 6
There we go! He's back, with no Wounds, but Exhausted.
Before she begins, Charon calls out to their hosts. "I am about to engage in a battle with Death itself. Feel free to air the proceedings, if you like--but it counts as one of my 'bouts'. Imagine the betting over the next four hours over whether I'll succeed, fail in humiliation, or be destroyed utterly by my own hubris... And a word of advice--tell your favored patrons to bet on the lady with the wings." She leaves the tantilizing (she hopes) offer in the air for a moment, the begins to get ready.

Charon begins her work over the Bonecrusher that the Crushers crushed. After setting out some incense and candles and draping his body with a black cloth, she begins uttering a long rhythmic chant. She sing-speaks to his spirit--of battles still waiting to be won, of glory yet to be earned, of victory and honor and the raw joy of violence. She spends four arduous hours singing this song of his return to glory.

During this time, she weaves an intricate and eerie dance-step around his body, encircling him and gesturing over him with her arms and wings. And as she does, the room takes on an unearthly lighting--shadows seem deeper, even as the light from the candles seems to grow to solar luminescence. Kaulgrim's own workings begin to blend seamlessly with her own, as if they'd practiced this a thousand times, and not just ad-hoced the collaboration.

Radiating her weird, unsettling duality of light and darkness, the Lyn-Srial utters one final invocation. "Rise, Warrior! Rise and battle anew!" Fpr a moment, the air is still... and then the cloth shifts, and Bonecrusher emerges from beneath the shroud, whole and uninjured, if perhaps a little shaky on his feet. Charon lets loose with a shout of triumph, then slumps backwards, clearly spent.
Current Stats
Stat/block
Weapons:
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Spending 1 Gadget and using TW to assist Charon's Casting of Resurrection (d12+3)
  • TW: 1d12!!+3!!: [6]+3 = 9
    Wild: 1d6!!+3!!: [1]+3 = 4
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise. +2 to Charon's Roll.

Programming a nanite hive to help Charon with his efforts in resurrecting the one known as Bonecrusher.

"Looks like the Pog Tail is now back in the land of the living. I believe with just some Relief, it would be ready for fighting in just a few minutes. SO guys... looks like we will need to prepare ourselves for some arena fights"
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble felt a conflict being inside himself. He would never help raise a being into slavery, but he could not work against his friends. "If I had the strength I would kill that creature.
"I do not want the rest of you hurt or punished for my rebellion. But I cannot help you bring this being back as a slave for that monster."

Humble doubted he would ever have the strength. That creature would likely find it amusing, before punishing him or others for his actions.

OOC Comments
Not helping the resurrection. It goes to much against his nature to help enslave something.

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Return to “Adventure Archives”