Out of Character Communications

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

You know what goes here.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Re: Out of Character Communications

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia, assassin-turned-cyberknight checking in.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of the team.
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Hi Guys,
So, two of you so far and maybe a third in February. I'm going to go on a bit of a recruiting binge on Facebook to see if we can drum up more interest.
Markus suggested a little sample action to explore the online setting.
I'm thinking we do a combat related test and then a more skill, RP, trait test.
What do you two think?
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Sounds good to me.

I'm pretty much brand new to the system and my setting knowledge is about *mumble mumble* years old, so a "test run" would be helpful.

If it helps, Lucretia's background has her teaching basic fighting/martial arts techniques to new recruits, so that could be a "safe" venue to run a combat in, if you want. Of course, depending on who the other team member is, a "real" tactical scenario might be more interesting & informative. Does Castle Refuge have a 'danger room'?

On another note, I've been trying to recruit a friend, but no response so far.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

I second the proposal for a test run, if possible.
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Ok, sounds good. I think I'll work up a 2-person mission as an introduction to the system.
Look for a briefing in the in-character forum this week!
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Thanks

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Hmm, I'm already starting to think up some fun little tactics that Markus and I can use - his hoverbike is a perfect tactical transport for two.

Question for you greatmoonzini - how flexible can I be with my psi-blade/shield? Lucretia's not really rocking the "knight in shining armor" aesthetic, and I was hoping to be able to use it descriptively with her martial arts - punches, kicks, elbows, whatever. It would also fit with her "no weapons" vow. Mechanically speaking it would be the same, of course - one weapon, two weapons, or weapon and shield, as appropriate and with the corresponding stats (and noted as such in OOC).
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Sorry this is so late, I've been out of the country for business travel.
I'm all about descriptive/stylistic flair.
So, as long as you keep the same dice mechanic, the story manifestation is up to you!
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Sweet. Psi-boot to the head will almost certainly be a thing at some point. :lol:
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Awaiting anxiously for our test run.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Sorry to butt in, I also suggest throwing down a post about the game on the Savage Rifts Kickstarter page, there are bound to be a few interested people thereabouts. I haven't checked out Pinnacle's own forums, but you're likely to find interest there as well.
As far as Facebook goes, try the Official Savage Worlds group, the Savage Rifts group, the Savage Rifts Game Events group, and the Palladium Rifts group. Those are how I attracted a lot of my players, you may be able to find more players there and I'm sure there are other groups you could look in.

Also, that's a great photo for an Altara Cyber Knight. Where'd you find it?
GM Universal Bennies: 2
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

It's a picture of Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell in one of her battle armors. It's very awesome.

Facebook recruiting is very effective :) You guys can do that as well as your GM.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Beowulf85 wrote:Also, that's a great photo for an Altara Cyber Knight. Where'd you find it?
High Command wrote:It's a picture of Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell in one of her battle armors. It's very awesome.
Thanks! Yes, HC has the right of it. I had been having trouble finding a good pic, then remembered a scene from the original version of GitS (my favorite anime ever), and went looking for it... then saw this one, and was hooked. There's a fan art pic I liked too, with purple hair and less technological looking visor, but this one had a more cyber/psi/butt-kicker vibe to it. I think it's the blue lighting.

I'm looking forward to the live action version this spring, but with more than a little trepidation. I fear it will be rendered a mere action flick, and while action is an important element of GitS, it is not what make it great.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Lucretia wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote:Also, that's a great photo for an Altara Cyber Knight. Where'd you find it?
High Command wrote:It's a picture of Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell in one of her battle armors. It's very awesome.
Thanks! Yes, HC has the right of it. I had been having trouble finding a good pic, then remembered a scene from the original version of GitS (my favorite anime ever), and went looking for it... then saw this one, and was hooked. There's a fan art pic I liked too, with purple hair and less technological looking visor, but this one had a more cyber/psi/butt-kicker vibe to it. I think it's the blue lighting.

I'm looking forward to the live action version this spring, but with more than a little trepidation. I fear it will be rendered a mere action flick, and while action is an important element of GitS, it is not what make it great.
I haven't watched GitS in forever, though I own the first two films and the entire TV series. I think everybody is hesitant about a Hollywood adaptation, but hopefully it'll pan out.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Everyone:

All character sheets should have this info at the top of the sheet:
Player Name: What your name is (first name, last initial - prefer not handles please; it can be a nickname though if you absolutely hate your first name)
Google Handle: (what you can be reached at gmail; format is name at gmail or name@gmail.com - Do not list your google+ name please. I can't email or IM that.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

All!
Apologies on the delays... been out on vacation for the last week and a half.
I'll have the intro session up this weekend!
-Moonzini
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

I see Lucretia had issues with the dice... let me try:
[dice]0[/dice]
It worked for me with:

Code: Select all

[Dice]1d6[/Dice]
Maybe the problem is the lowercase:
[dice]1[/dice]
No, that was not it.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Just a test
[dice]0[/dice] Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Total: 6+5+2 = 13
[dice]1[/dice]

Seems to be working now... weird.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Gale Wingstorm

Post by Gale Wingstorm »

I'm trying to play up the fact that Gale has the major hindrance of arrogance, and the minor hindrance of being delusional when it comes to thinking he's done well. I kind of picture him as a 'Gaston' (Beauty and the Beast) or 'Captain Hammer' (Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog) kind of hero.

[youtube]jivFpDw4erk[/youtube]

[youtube]VuJTqmpBnI0[/youtube]

Apparently youtube tags aren't enabled...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuJTqmpBnI0

Nor are URLs.
Gale Wingstorm Lyn-Srial Mind Melter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Charisma: -8 VS CS (Mind Melter + Lyn Syrial penalties) and -2 VS general populace if known to be a Mind Melter;
Pace: 4/flying 12, d4 running die
Parry: 6 Toughness: 6 (+5 from huntsman armor, other bonuses possible through psionics) Bennies: 2 (reset from 6, +1 for fast posting, -1 detect arcana re roll)

Psionics d12, 9/30 ISP
Powers: Armor, Damage Field, Drain Power Points, Havoc, Intangibility, Invisibility, Smite (auto raise)
Detect Arcana - At will, free action.
Active Powers: Detect Arcana

Notable Gear: Vibro Knife - Str + D6, AP 4., NG-S2 Survival Pack, 2x Chain Swords - Str+2d8, AP 2, TW Flaming Sword - Str + d10 AP 4 (1 ISP to activate for 3 rounds)

Renown - "Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance)."
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Yeah, I got that impression. RPing really well done, I like it. Take a Bennie!
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

We've definitely got an interesting mix of personalities. I suspect we'll be butting heads for a while, but so long as we can keep that under control on a mission it should make for some good RP.

Though Lucretia's already thinking that gale would best be used as bait - er, a distraction. Yeah, that's what I meant.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Campaign Start Question

Post by Markus Berger »

Hi! As you know this is my first time playing Savage Rifts (so be gentle with me).

I got some question I wanted to ask my Game Master, so here they are:

- Markus is my first Savage Rifts Character, so, is his Character Sheet correct?

- In languages, for his Smarts I put 4 extra languages at d4 level, besides Euro at d8. But he also has the Language Translator Cybernetic, so... Should he have more languages? Better die in the ones he do know?

- He has the Scrounger Edge: Can make a Streetwise check, once per session, in any city or large town (-2 in smaller urban areas) to accomplish one of the following - How often that happens? Can he make one "at the start" (now)?

- About his Scrounger Edge: It mentions "Acquire a complete reload for one Mega Damage weapon, such as a Boom Gun, Mini Rail Gun, or grenade launcher". What about Rocket Launcher? How many rockets? 1? :(

- His NG-357 Magnum-Turbo Hovercycle... can it be nuclear instead of electric? I didn't found a rule about which kind he can get.

- About the Beanies... Do we start with some?

Thanks for the game, and the answers.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Hmmm... I don't know the answers to most of those.
I'll do some pondering and maybe consult with the other GMs.
(I'm fairly new to Savage Rifts and this group too!)

-Moonzini
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Re: Campaign Start Question

Post by High Command »

I'll step in and help you out Greatmoonzini :)
Markus Berger wrote:- Markus is my first Savage Rifts Character, so, is his Character Sheet correct?
In that it follows the prescribed format given on the boards? No.
In that it is readable and mostly in order. Yes.
The second is the most important, though we use standard formatting for a reason.

This is a personal peeve, but I'll list it anyway. Delete all posts that don't directly relate to the sheet, gear, background (including adding new events like a journal), or advancement. Character sheets should not be discussion forums after creation. And even those that do happen, delete them after they are no longer relevant. Any GM can delete the ones you can't.

A formatting issue, [**] doesn't give you a nested list. You'll need to actually start a new list before those and reduce them to a single star.
  • List item
  • List item
  • List item
    • Nested List item
    • Nested List item
    • Nested List item
  • List item

Code: Select all

[list][*] List item
[*] List item
[*] List item
[list][*] Nested List item
[*] Nested List item
[*] Nested List item[/list][*] List item[/list]
Markus Berger wrote:- In languages, for his Smarts I put 4 extra languages at d4 level, besides Euro at d8. But he also has the Language Translator Cybernetic, so... Should he have more languages? Better die in the ones he do know?
We don't actually use the multiple language setting rule, nor does Rifts. To learn language beyond native requires skill spending. Check out SWD page 26. The setting rule we don't use is on page 109 of SWD (and what you seem to be describing above). Also read up on the Language Knowledge skill in Savage Rifts on page 65-66 of TLPG.

Language Translator (1): Providing translation of known languages at a d12+2 skill level, the system can also learn new languages over time. Each day, roll a d6; on a 4+, the language is acquired at a d4 and can be further improved over time. (TLPG p. 102)
  • American (English) 1d12+2
    Spanish 1d12+2
    Dragonese/Elven 1d12+2
    Chinese 1d12+2
    Gobbley 1d12+2
    Japanese 1d12+2
    Euro 1d12+2
    Faerie-Speak 1d12+2
That said there is a delay using the implant or hand held version. It does have to listen to everything and translate.
Markus Berger wrote:- He has the Scrounger Edge: Can make a Streetwise check, once per session, in any city or large town (-2 in smaller urban areas) to accomplish one of the following - How often that happens? Can he make one "at the start" (now)?
A session for us is one adventure. So you have the chance to do this sort of thing once per adventure thread when you're in a large enough urban setting. If there comes a time when Greatmoonzini resets everyone's Bennies (including his own) while in a thread, the use of Scrounger would also reset.
Markus Berger wrote:- About his Scrounger Edge: It mentions "Acquire a complete reload for one Mega Damage weapon, such as a Boom Gun, Mini Rail Gun, or grenade launcher". What about Rocket Launcher? How many rockets? 1? :(
In the case of a missile launcher, I'd let you find one missile per success and raise. But I'd only allow, one MAYBE two rolls for an area. Greatmoonzini, you can consider that advice to use or not at your whim.
Markus Berger wrote:- His NG-357 Magnum-Turbo Hovercycle... can it be nuclear instead of electric? I didn't found a rule about which kind he can get.
That would have been the kind of thing to ask for with your original gear. That said, if Greatmoonzini wants to handwave it, he can.
Markus Berger wrote:- About the Beanies... Do we start with some?
Everyone starts with 3 Bennies, unless an Edge or Hindrance says otherwise
Tales of the 17th SOG
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Thank you very much.

- I will clean up the character sheet. I will delete the "rolls" post. I hope that is ok.

- So I get he gets basically all the languages at 1d12+2 level.

- Scrounger: Got it, so he could do it "at the start" (as we start in our home base), or later on, as I choose.

- 1 rocket... sigh... I feared so. And with GM's discretion on when, what, and how many.

- I wanted to ask my actual GM, that's why I didn't brought all this questions before. So, Greatmoonzini, can I? Nuclear instead of electric Hoverbike?

- 3 beanies. Got it.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

All the languages? No, all the languages listed, yes. There are so flipping many languages in North America alone it's silly. Every single Amerind tribe brought its own language back out of the dimensional safe zone they were in. Not to mention the millions and billions of d-bees and travelers. Luckily it learns at a brisk pace.

no, 3 Bennies (as in benefits)
Bennies: 3
ImageImageImage
not 3 beanies :P

Beanies: 3
ImageImageImage
Tales of the 17th SOG
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

:oops:

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Greatmoonzini: Can you help me delete the remaining "extra" posts from Markus Character Sheet Thread? I was only able to delete the last one.
I guess there is a time limit to delete posts.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Gale Wingstorm

Post by Gale Wingstorm »

I deleted the extras for you.

Also, good luck using Gale as bait without his full knowledge and cooperation. He's arrogant, not an idiot... (1d12 smarts). :lol:

That being said, if you need a distraction then in his entirely humble and objective opinion, he would be the best damn distraction you could possibly find.
Gale Wingstorm Lyn-Srial Mind Melter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Charisma: -8 VS CS (Mind Melter + Lyn Syrial penalties) and -2 VS general populace if known to be a Mind Melter;
Pace: 4/flying 12, d4 running die
Parry: 6 Toughness: 6 (+5 from huntsman armor, other bonuses possible through psionics) Bennies: 2 (reset from 6, +1 for fast posting, -1 detect arcana re roll)

Psionics d12, 9/30 ISP
Powers: Armor, Damage Field, Drain Power Points, Havoc, Intangibility, Invisibility, Smite (auto raise)
Detect Arcana - At will, free action.
Active Powers: Detect Arcana

Notable Gear: Vibro Knife - Str + D6, AP 4., NG-S2 Survival Pack, 2x Chain Swords - Str+2d8, AP 2, TW Flaming Sword - Str + d10 AP 4 (1 ISP to activate for 3 rounds)

Renown - "Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance)."
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Thank you very much. Can you delete the very first post in the Character Sheet thread too?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Markus:
- Scrounger: Yeah, for sure. As you need it during a 'session' which would be classified, in my opinion, as the duration of a mission forum.
- 1 Rocket - yes, that's true. they're expensive and scarce for a reason. But I'm inclined to say you find the 'right one' based on your particular launcher when you make the check.
- Nuclear instead of electric Hoverbike - yeah, go for it!
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Mmmm Blade Runner.

Gets me tempted to make a hard-boiled investigator type that muses on the nature of humanity and what it means to be human in this world of cyborgs, mutants, and DBs.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Sounds like a nice subject for the Monologuer Hindrance...
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Heh, that would be interesting. The Smarts test would keep it from getting in the way too often.
Could also just make it a Habit to keep it from being potentially life-threatening.

From my own experience I can confirm that trying to discuss such things can definitely cause a Charisma penalty. :ugeek:
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Greatmoonzini wrote:Markus: - Nuclear instead of electric Hoverbike - yeah, go for it!
Thanks!

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Markus, in regard to your question in the other thread about using your Scrounger edge, given our mission I'd say either the unsecured cred-card (for bribes) or keep it in reserve until we have a better idea of what we might need. Several of those options could be real life savers or complication solvers, but we can't know what those complications will be in advance. On the other hand, if things go unbelievably south having an extra rocket might be really handy.

Of course, it's up to you in the end.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

We will save it for later.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Looks like there's a 4th member coming, a shifter called Olek.
I added him to the group and he should make an introductory post.
Olek

Post by Olek »

Greetings all.

I can post here but not in the Introductions area yet.

I wrote up a post and will post it as soon as I have permissions.

Thanks

:)
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Ok, well I don't know how to fix that but I've contacted the team.
Hopefully it'll be taken care of soon!
-Moonzini
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Also, I moved character sheets for Lucretia, Olek, and Markus to this forum.
You may need to update your profile links.
Olek

Post by Olek »

Thanks Greatmoonzini.

I'll check back and post when I am able to. Look forward to some fun.
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Alright, we have a 5th player now... Kesslan the Dogboy Burster.
There also appears to be a tech support issue with new additions unable to post to the adventure section.
So, I'm going to post the start of the first mission as soon as we get the posting situation sorted and the introductions wrapped up.
Thanks!

-Moonzini
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Welcome Olek and Kesslan!

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Okay,

Everyone should be able to post now.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

As you now actually have 4 I may keep Gale in the 1st since he's already gelled with those characters. Given the characters we currently have here his arrogance may be an impediment to team formation. :p

It's good to have characters that don't instantly dislike each other off the start, lol.
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

I was seeing it like the start of a beautiful friendship. Markus may seem "hard", but he will work with his teammates, and grow fond of them. In time. Maybe... :P

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Don't worry. I'm a good dog!
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Olek

Post by Olek »

Join us Kesslan or you might miss dinner and drinks.

We have cookies hahahaha. <---- dark side laugh

;)
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Sorry I've been so quiet. I hurt my hand pretty badly this weekend and it's made typing very difficult. No permanent damage and well on the mend, so I should be up and running soon enough.

Welcome Olek and Kesslan.

Gale, just to be clear, Lucretia is annoyed at the antics, it's not that she dislikes Gale himself (or Markus, for that matter).
If she didn't like Gale, she wouldn't have taken him up on sparring or offered to make a wager over the drink.

It might be a tone issue - where is this game supposed to be on the comedic vs. gritty spectrum? Lucretia is definitely toward the gritty end; Gale seems to be more on the comedic end. If the game is intended to be comedic, then Lucretia is definitely an ill-fitting character, and she'd just be a buzz-kill.

I'll make an IC post soon, but right now my hand is starting to hurt again so I'm going to pop some painkillers and give it a rest.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Sometimes the biggest comedic role to play is the straight man, the guy who is not out to laugh and be ironic for the sake of the audience, etc. Some people in the world are more slapstick. Just a few thoughts to consider. :)
Tales of the 17th SOG
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

I was thinking that same thing. Without a "serious one" a lot of comedy lacks something.
That being said, Markus is a serious one too. But a fun guy in the team is a good thing.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

No worries. Regardless I've come up with a cover story for his presence and I'll continue him where he was in the 1st set.

Guy leaks psionic energy like a fountain. Due to a fluky ley-line occurrence while he was sleeping he projected his dream on to reality, manifesting a shared hallucination that you guys could interact with and believed was real, all the while he was elsewhere dreaming all of his reactions. It would have been like a kind of temporarily blurred perception of reality, including being able to see his files on the computers and Lt. Ty not questioning his presence (because one doesn't tend to question the logic of dreams until after waking up and thinking 'that was weird...').

In short, your characters have met him, but he wasn't actually there... It's up to you weather or not your characters remember interacting with him after he wakes up.
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

I'm definitely shooting for a game on the gritty-side.
I like a bit of comedy, sure, but I think this game will lean a bit more gritty.

So, all-in-all we have confirmed:
Lucretia
Markus
Olek
Kesslan

Should make for an interesting game!

I'm just finishing up a paper for my MBA class today so now that we have the full group, mission starts this weekend!
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Huzza!

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

High Command wrote:Sometimes the biggest comedic role to play is the straight man, the guy who is not out to laugh and be ironic for the sake of the audience, etc. Some people in the world are more slapstick. Just a few thoughts to consider. :)
I've done enough comedy to know that quite well (I'm a some-time amateur actor); though I'm much better at deadpan than straight man or slapstick, and overall prefer dramas to comedies.

Of course, the darker the story the greater the need for comic relief. Even Hamlet and Macbeth have their moments of levity, though Shakespeare is a master of using comic relief in ways that adds to the drama, rather than disrupting it.
Beowulf85 wrote:In short, your characters have met him, but he wasn't actually there... It's up to you weather or not your characters remember interacting with him after he wakes up.
Ah well. It could have been fun to see Gale try to keep his impulses (psychic and otherwise) under control... though that's probably not the kind of story you want to tell with him, so I get it.
Greatmoonzini wrote:I'm definitely shooting for a game on the gritty-side.
I like a bit of comedy, sure, but I think this game will lean a bit more gritty.

So, all-in-all we have confirmed:
Lucretia
Markus
Olek
Kesslan

Should make for an interesting game!

I'm just finishing up a paper for my MBA class today so now that we have the full group, mission starts this weekend!
Congrats on finishing that (I just finished an MA about a month ago), and huzzah to the team and the mission!
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Ok, first mission intro is up!
-Moonzini
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Excellent! Thanks

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

Markus

CoT

Community Outreach Team

Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Got it... Thanks

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

You could roleplay it and ask the Lt since you have the clueless major hindrance.
Your character doesn't understand the workings of the legion yet.
Olek

Post by Olek »

Posted in character

Dang. These pics are huge. Did them on a phone. I'll try and make them smaller tonight from home.

Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Nice map!

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

As a resource for all:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13JjAh ... sp=sharing

The locations are pretty well researched. It also includes some locations from the 1st around the Tomorrow Legion's Castle.

Greatmoonzini, if you want editing rights, let me know in the GM chat.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

So... what's the trapping on that disguise spell? Visual illusion? Physical transformation? Something else?
That could have some real significant impact on how Lucretia reacts...
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Olek

Post by Olek »

Lucretia wrote:So... what's the trapping on that disguise spell? Visual illusion? Physical transformation? Something else?
I'm sorry. I feel dumb. I totally spaced it. Blind. How would Lucretia experience the spell?

Here's my best go. When the spell is weaved this is how it goes.

-------

The very mass of energy coalescing around each member of the 13th SET stirred in a strange way. The echo that resounded around each of them flickered strangely.

Darkness is a strange substance, like ice it has three states: solid, liquid, and gas, but with a twist. Since it is a sort of mystical material, it doesn't fall under the laws of science, only able to change states by the user.

As Olek moved to the center of the room the darkness around him twisted and swirled briefly.

In solid form its almost completely black aside from a very tiny shade of red at its centre, like a candle in the dark, when a non-user touches it its like getting winded, if hit by a sharp point it will penetrate and quickly infect. A small solid Shadow around the size of a mouse somehow was attached to Oleks person. No one else in the room could see the tiny beast. But beast it was. It sat buzzing still, like it was hidden within the folds of the Shifters robes. Unnoticed until now, the inky spell being cast was in sharp contrast to the creature making it briefly flair.

Darkness. As a liquid its thick; sticky, and has a pungent smell of ink, it can act like quicksand or just plain coat and suffocate people. This inky mass curled up around each member of the team and their echoes, each uniquely identifiable - changed.

As a gas darkness is quite strange. It is able to pass through solid material with ease, suffocate, and eat away like acid. All in just a split second the material that surrounded them all changed. The echo that returned from each of them altered. Everyone held the same air around them that had only surrounded the one called Kesslan.

As a whole Darkness is an odd thing. The shadows had danced with a bizarre strangeness for a fleeting second then stopped. They all held their own unique waves of energy but it was like they had all changed and different people now occupied the space where the team had been.

Those around the room stirred and took notice. The Mage moved his hand and the shadows snapped back into their rightful places as things returned to normal.

The only thing to remain behind was the knowledge that some seemingly invisible shadow was among them - bound to the will of the shifter. He had a pet. A little shadow he was holding. Only noticed by her when the Mage had toyed with the darkness.

------

So. Darkness. Shadow Trapping. And Olek has a pet with him. A tiny shadow. Figured I'd make it momentarily noticed to you since - well why not :) Only Lucretia knows there is a Shadow Eater in the room. Meet Furix, Lady Knight.

It's not the best description but I'm not sure how one describes visual images to the blind. I figure it's the echo from the waves each person and object have that mutated then returned to normal. Shrug.
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

The blindness is an interesting quirk. I'm playing an in-person game as well and we have a blind mystic.
It'll make things interesting as we go along.

-Moonzini
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hey guys,

I added Bane to this group.

VV
Signature
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Welcome Bane! We are just getting the briefing on our first mission.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Welcome Bane!
Olek wrote:
Lucretia wrote:So... what's the trapping on that disguise spell? Visual illusion? Physical transformation? Something else?
I'm sorry. I feel dumb. I totally spaced it. Blind. How would Lucretia experience the spell?
Heh, no worries. That's a really cool description.

Given the oddities of Lucretia's senses though, it's probably best to just describe things in terms of the 5ish senses we are familiar with and I can figure out what she perceives from there. That also covers enhanced other senses as well, like dogboy's smelling or environmental sensors (which is basically what smell is).

I figure her radar/blindness is something like feeling (as in touch sense modality) everything from a distance.... though that makes it sound kind of creepy in the not good way. If you could feel something (like texture, shape, etc, but not temperature) she can 'see' it.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Olek

Post by Olek »

In future I'll just let you know -

Casting Bolt with Fire Trapping

Casting Burrow with Shadow Trapping

Stuff like that :)
Olek

Post by Olek »

Oh!

And....

Welcome Bane.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Should I post an introduction (and what thread should I post to?) or wait for the GM to make the introductory post?
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Olek

Post by Olek »

I'd say. You were told to report to the 13th. We are all at or just outside the place where we are reporting in at.

http://www.savagerifts.com/viewtopic.ph ... =193#p2498

Jump in.
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Hi folks,
just a few points:
As far as your sig goes, please list your current PPE/ISP levels, number of bennies, currently equipped kit, and a link to your full profile.

Also, looks like we'll have another player joining. details incoming.

-moonzini
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

I think I am good signature-wise. Except for the ISP/PPE. Does my character has any? He is not a magic user/psionic.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Olek

Post by Olek »

Markus Berger wrote:I think I am good signature-wise. Except for the ISP/PPE. Does my character has any? He is not a magic user/psionic.
Looks good, and no, no ISP/PPE.

Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

While under Palladium rules everyone save very specific races/OCCs have PPE, that isn't the case under the Savage system. Even then ISP and PPE work significantly differently too. There's no huge pools of PPE/ISP either, and from what I can make out of the Psi/Magic system in Savage, it seems to make vastly more sense.
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Well, everyone has innate PPE - an amount equal to your Spirit die. Psi-Stalkers and others can drain it, but even spellcasters can't make use of it.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Ohhh... got it. Yes, it was different in the old Rifts.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Here's the Facebook Live video that I was able to record before my phone's battery died on me.

https://www.facebook.com/dragonfett/vid ... 9555022324
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hello,

Added a new player to this group - welcome Libertas Magicorum (Techno Wizard).

VV
Signature
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Hey, all! So looking forward to this....
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Welcome, Libertas!
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Olek

Post by Olek »

Libertas Magicum wrote:Hey, all! So looking forward to this....
Welcome to the party.
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Glad to have you on board. As long as Markus don't realize Libertas is not human they will be great friends! :P

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Thanks, all! Marcus may never learn the truth about Libertas, if L. has anything to say about it. Passing as human is useful camouflage against those nasty Psi-Stalkers, for one thing.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Quick question--what sort of vehicle did the unit get assigned? I'm figuring a Mountaineer, though if they're planning on having up to 7 people plus the cargo, that would mean a Mk II. Probably the electric version, I'm guessing.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

We don't know yet, but Markus has a nuclear Hoverbike for 2.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Markus Berger wrote:We don't know yet, but Markus has a nuclear Hoverbike for 2.
The reason I was asking here was because i think I'm supposed to be driving it up as my introduction. I'm the only other character in the group with Driving ranks (well, rank) and as a tech-head, I'm gonna be arriving from the motor pool division where I've been working until now.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus has Driving d6+2

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Markus Berger wrote:Markus has Driving d6+2
That's why I said "other character"--I figure that Markus is likely to be driving his hoverbike a lot of the time, so they'll want one other trained driver operating the main vehicle.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

Sorry, Libertas, I thought I understood you had a vehicle already.
If not, a standard Mountaineer with no weapons. It's a converted convoy, freight-hauling model.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Greatmoonzini wrote:Sorry, Libertas, I thought I understood you had a vehicle already.
If not, a standard Mountaineer with no weapons. It's a converted convoy, freight-hauling model.
Ah, yeah, I didn't have space for Rich, so no luck there. Okay, going live now.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Olek

Post by Olek »

I tried to not be too creepy. Fail.

At least I didn't say, Nice Wand.

Welcome aboard.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Oh, speaking of the wand... since his gear is all decked out with alchemical symbols (Techno-Wizard Quirk Hindrance), feel free to drop a Knowledge (Arcana) roll to identify the capabilities of the gizmos. (They're listed in the part on my character page--the wand is the Bee (Well) Stinger, and the hose on the back is the Marianas Cannon. The Nightwing Beetle Box and the Clockwork box are in the shoulder-bag, so not immediately visible.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Libertas Magicum wrote:"Specialist, 2nd Class, Libertas Magoricum, reporting for duty, sir."
This makes me wonder.... are we all Specialist, 2nd Class? How do we even know what rank we are?
Who, in the field, is actually in charge? Not that anyone will necessarily follow orders or otherwise respect the chain of command...
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lucretia wrote:
Libertas Magicum wrote:"Specialist, 2nd Class, Libertas Magoricum, reporting for duty, sir."
This makes me wonder.... are we all Specialist, 2nd Class? How do we even know what rank we are?
Who, in the field, is actually in charge? Not that anyone will necessarily follow orders or otherwise respect the chain of command...
I admit, I kind of assumed low rank (and Spec 2nd Class seems to be the right choice for starting rank SET Legionnaires).
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: 13th SET - The Quiet Ones”