-Language (Llaelese) d6
-Language (Rhulic) d8
-Notice d6
-Occult d6
-Persuasion d4
-Repair d4
-Shooting d8
-Stealth d4

Pace: 5; Running Die: d4; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (3)

Hindrances: Driven (major, Understand and murder all Pistol Wraiths), Heroic

Edges: Ambidextrous, Arcane Background (Gun Mage)

Armor: Chain Hood (Armor 3), Custom battle armour (Armor 3)

Weapons:
Magelock Pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+1, ROF 1),
Shield (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4, +1 Parry)

Gear: Backpack, Canteen (waterskin), Crowbar, First Aid Kit (basic supplies)x3, Flask (ceramic)x3, Flint and Steel, Handcuffs (manacles), Rope, hemp (10”/20 yards)x3, Shovel

Current Wealth: $132

Arcane Background: Gun Mage
  • Power Points: 10
  • Powers: Arcane Protection, Burst
Advances:
-Spiritual Threat Assessment (Background Edge)
Just like the Bouncer, your job is to protect the team but from spiritual rather than physical threats. When engaging a spiritual foe, you may roll Occult to gain +1 bonus for a success and each raise against said foe for the rest of the combat.

Code: Select all

[SPOILER][SIZE=16px]Special Abilities[/SIZE]
[LIST]
[*][B]Attribute Increase - Vigor:[/B] During character creation, the species increases a particular attribute (Agility, Smarts, Spirit, Strength, or Vigor) one die type. This increases the Trait’s maximum by one as well.

[*][B]Skill (d4) - Repair:[/B] The character starts with a d4 in a skill inherent to her race.

[*][B]Reduced Pace (-1):[/B] For –1 point, reduce Pace by 1 and the running die is a d4.[/SPOILER]
Last edited by UnAngelVerde1 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Duganh Flint, Jammer extraordinaire

Post by stormwell »

Hey, for the Savage Iron Kingdoms game right?

If so, some feedback.
  • Repair d4 - Did you create the character via Savage.us?

Rhulfolk start with Trade d4 rather than Repair, though can understand if you weren't sure how to do custom skills in Savage.us.
  • Jammer - You dead set on playing a Jammer?

I ask because the role tends to be melee focused and normally involves a special suit, so not sure whether this is the best character for a Jammer. Investigator might be a better fit, but that is that is up to you.
Otherwise, everything looks pretty good.
UnAngelVerde1

Post by UnAngelVerde1 »

Yeah, made him to be able to fight hand to hand and shoot the same, he actually can do both. The idea is to cover the others, probably using the shield with runes to protect himself and capture spirits if need be, and shoot them blind if they get to dangerous (that's why he has arcane protection, i suppose it's the spell you'd use to protect yourself from those kind of spirits and posession).

I used repair because it said Craft in the original thing and i thought it was the same skill maybe. I'd prefer repair to trade, really.

He can be an investigator but i'd have a smarter and and less martial char for that. He can be a bouncer too if you prefer.
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

Fair dues.

It's your choice to go Investigator, or whatever, I just suggested because it looked like very few changes were needed to go that role IMO. Though please let me know what you decide.

I may change it to Repair then, in two minds about it.

Though, to let you know the site has a thing where you start with an Advance to make up for the slower pace of Play-by-Post games.
UnAngelVerde1

Post by UnAngelVerde1 »

Duganh Flint is a Rhulic gun mage, as was his brother Gormand. They were really close, and entered military service as soon as they could as their clan was one of the smallest in Rhull. Eventually, though, it got destroyed and absorved into another, and they left military life.
A couple of years went by and although sadly, they adapted to their life in their new clan, and worked loyally in different odd jobs in transport and security, but Gormand got a chance to go out of rhul and enjoy a life that wasn't a constant remainder of their failure as he got a marriage proposal out of the clan to an urban clan in Cygnar.

Needles to say, Gormand took off and Duganh followed, and they started a new life back there in the south. His new sister in law was called Rhonda and was a smart strong woman that runned a mercantile operation that profited from their clan size, but most of the members were tradesmen and not warriors, so they were exposed to even lesser clans with more armed hands, and since her father had recently passed she needed to secure a marriage with a militant man. Someone with military experience and the gift of gun magick like both Gormand and Duganh.
Together the brother's experience and the new clan's monetary might allowed all to prosper and grow, and everything looked great for them... until one night after the afternoon's training Gormand found his demise. A pistol wraith found Gormand in it's way and dueled the dwarf. As soon as the first shot was fired everyone runned there prepared for an attack, but they only found the aparition and the pistoleer battling around, with the devil entering the stone and coming out of the floor to wound and maim his brother.
Duganh got in the middle, started soothing at the devil and managed to blow it off to Urcaen, but got shot twice, and his brother was not even that lucky, for he died two days later from his wounds and a bleeding that would not stop.

After this incident Duganh wandered a few weeks, trying to find sense to the tragedy, and eventually asked for help in the Strangelight Workshop, said to be the best and most knowledgeable about ghost, aparitions and wraiths. They could not help him with his mourning but he decided to work with them to learn more of this entities and maybe help some other familly and prevent other tragedies like his own.
UnAngelVerde1

Post by UnAngelVerde1 »

Advance: +atletics +notice

Return to “Savage Iron Kingdoms”