Algon Waelan, the Caller (Strangelight)

Algon Waelan

Algon Waelan, the Caller (Strangelight)

Post by Algon Waelan »

Algon Waelan

Novice Male Iossan Elf, Caller
Appearance
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d4, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d4, Gambling d8, Notice d6, Occult d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d6, Spellcasting d6, Stealth d4
Languages: Cygnaran d6, Iossan d8, Khadoran d6, Llaelese d6, Ordic d6,
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Arrogant, Big Mouth, Curious, Outsider (Minor), Vow: Order of Seekers (Minor) ...
Secret
Algon wagers with the spirits of the dead(?) for more powerful spells.
Edges: Arcane Background (Huckster), Commune With Spirits, Card Sharp
Languages: Cygnaran (d6), Iossan (native, d8), Khadoran (d6), Llaelese (d6), Ordic (d6)
Current Wealth: $500
Arcane Background: Huckster (Custom)
  • Power Points: 10
  • Powers: Confusion (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p157), Detect/Conceal Arcana (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p158), Empathy (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p160)
Special Abilities
  • Attribute Increase - Agility.
  • Outsider: Elves are traditionally isolationist, and rarely seen outside their own borders. They subtract 2 from Persuasion rolls made to influence other races.
  • Vow: Elves outside their borders are permitted to do so only by pledging themselves to the Order of Seekers or the Retribution of Scyrah.
  • Years of Practice: Elves receive an additional Professional Edge.
  • Deal with the Dead(?): Algon may attempt a Deal which allows him to use any Huckster Power. This uses Gambling in addition to Spellcasting.
Advancements
  • Novice: Increase Spirit
Gear
  • Assassin's Blade
  • Pistol, Repeating
  • Jacket
  • Leggings
  • Ghost Hood + Carrying Case
Current Load: 20 (21)
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure EditionSetting Rules: Multiple LanguagesValidity: Character appears valid and optimal

Created with Savaged.us
Last edited by Algon Waelan on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:58 am, edited 9 times in total.
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
Algon Waelan

Re: Algon Waelan, Caller (WIP)

Post by Algon Waelan »

Background
“Perhaps I shall begin by telling you about my parents. My father was a prominent member of the Order of Seekers, and my mother, well... a well-known aristocrat and hedonist. My father’s success and frequent ventures meant my mother had plenty of means to pursue her personal interests, but he always brought something back for me. He nurtured my curiosity, and perhaps his greatest, but by no means greatest, find was that old pistol. We elves like to think ourselves above such primitive arms, but this one was special. It possessed six chambers which revolved around a pin. My father showed me its mechanisms, and told me about a game especially foolhardy humans play - a single bullet is loaded into a lonely chamber, then the assembly is spun so as to obscure its location. Then the humans take turns aiming at their own heads and pulling the trigger to see who dies. Fascinating. It shouldn’t have worked for me, though. I saw the chambers - they were empty. In my youthful excitement I took the weapon to my head and pulled the trigger."

"The next thing I remember, my father was weeping over me. I was lying on the ground... though I might have been standing over him, actually. The details are fuzzy. At any rate, I called to him, 'father,' and it shook him from his sorrow. He seemed to believe I was dead, and come back to life. He told me I shot myself, but the only thing I had to show for it was a bump on the head where I hit the ground. Turns out the gun was important, though. And gone. The Order was furious at the artifact’s disappearance, and from the way my father looked, you’d have thought I was still dead, if I ever was."

"He left us, looking for that damned gun. Or one like it. My mother and I received news of his work in the field from Order couriers, as well as his substantial salary. My mother spared no expense, and made every pleasure available to me in a certainly vain attempt to blunt my father’s absence.
No, my interests are far more... ephemeral. I love a good secret. It also turns out I’m substantially better with numbers since hitting my head. Not the normal kind, mind you, but the ones with a healthy degree of uncertainty. I used my talents to gather secrets from anyone I could get to sit down to a game of cards with me. Once they ran out of money to wager, of course. Eventually, I left to look for my father."

"I learned one especially peculiar fact since then: the dead have more secrets than the living. I'm especially good at getting them to talk. I do believe that's why I'm here."
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters

Return to “Savage Iron Kingdoms”