Getting to Know You

Archived Material & Old Teams
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Getting to Know You

Post by Technospawn »

Light RP thread. Feel free to RP here talking to each other on the drive, sitting around the fire, or any other time you want to just chat. All post in this channel need to be in character.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Watcher

Re: Getting to Know You

Post by Watcher »

The travel south had many perils for the team, but Watcher was not concerned. Such troubles where normally only problems for mortals. But when the ley line storm struck he realized that there where problems he did care about.

His ears laid flat on his head, then being forced to find shelter like a mortal was humiliating and had he not been such a humble sphinx, far more humble than his brothers and sisters, he would have killed the party so no memory of this shame could carry on.

Wanting the answer, more than to preserve his pride he found he just had to ask. "Who has experienced these storms? How long have you endured them before?" His words trying to sound as simple curiosity, an observant person could perceive his dislike for the ley line storms.
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Watcher wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:27 pm Wanting the answer, more than to preserve his pride he found he just had to ask. "Who has experienced these storms? How long have you endured them before?" His words trying to sound as simple curiosity, an observant person could perceive his dislike for the ley line storms.
"Ley line storms are common, my people hate ley lines. Massive headaches, overwhelming static. Storms are even worse. But it's where the best hunting is. So, we endure it. Got caught for six day once in the ruins of an old city in Kansas. One of my pack went crazy and we had to put him down."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Peta Chante wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:08 pm "Ley line storms are common, my people hate ley lines. Massive headaches, overwhelming static. Storms are even worse. But it's where the best hunting is. So, we endure it. Got caught for six day once in the ruins of an old city in Kansas. One of my pack went crazy and we had to put him down."
Finding the words hardly to any comfort, Watcher only nods while he thinks of the situation. "Was it often you had to put down members of your tribe?" Seemed the kind of thing most people would not want to admit. But the psi-stalker was not inclined to hide his nature any more than Watcher himself.
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

There was barely a sound as Vela joined the two, having overhead enough of the conversation to be interested. She didn't announce herself or ask permission...simply finding a spot to sit between them. If her presence was unwelcome, she assumed, they would let her know and she'd move on.

The ley line storm affected her as well, of course...through their supernatural powers, but also their supernatural nature. The air felt oily and unnatural, and worse still that feeling of oddity seemed to slide into her and through her, contaminating her in the process. It no longer frightened her as it once had...the endless green fingers of the old Yucatan were teeming with magic energy and the storms weren't excessively rare...but it was still unpleasant.

Without adding any words to the sphinx's question, Vela fixed her eyes on the psi-stalker...her curiosity pursued by a sort of dark, malicious amusement. The mighty psi-stalkers brought so low by bad weather...
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Vikon Athir

Post by Vikon Athir »

Vikon hunkered down with the others in the ley line storm. “New Alamo where I grew up isn’t near a ley line, so we don’t get these,” he admitted. “I have only been in one once. It doesn’t seem to effect me much, other than the obvious twisting of magic and reality, but the elements don’t like it, either.” He didn’t get the headaches, but sometimes his magic would go awry.
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Finally Vela did speak up, when the psi stalker did not.

"My people had shamans who would smell the storms coming before they came," she said, reaching down to lazily drag a fingertip to and fro along the ground. "When a storm came, we would go the caves where a river fell, and wait for them to pass."

"Sometimes younger ones would challenge each other to see who dared to go farther from the caves during the storm." She smiled at that. "It is a stupid thing to do. Storm lightning hurts like silver, and it is not random like other lightning."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Vikon Athir

Post by Vikon Athir »

Vikon smiled at Vela. “So how many times did you dare go out in the storm, then?” he asked with a knowing chuckle. After all, he was still young and stupid,

Return to “Lost in the Jungle”