Archived Material & Old Teams
No one at all

Orius: Battle Magus

Post by No one at all »

Orius
Seasoned Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Controller Battle Magus Automaton Ace

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d4, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d8, Language (Native) d8, Notice d6, Occult d6, Persuasion d4, Piloting d10, Spellcasting d8, Stealth d4
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (4)
Strain: 4/4
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Driven (minor, ), Enemy (major, Federation of Magic, Coalition)
Edges: Ace, Arcane Marksman, Block, Combat Ace, Combat Acrobat, Controller, Counterattack, Fast Healer, Magi of Dweomer, Martial Artist, Master of Magic, Mighty Blow, Power Surge ()
Armor: Battler Armor (Armor 4)
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4, +1 to Hit), TW Firebolt Pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 6)
Gear: Shadow Cloak (TW)
Language: Native (native, d8)
Current Wealth: 0 cr
Arcane Background: Magic (Rifts® TLPG, p120)PPE: 10
Powers: Arcane Protection (SWADE p148), Bolt (SWADE p156), Fly (SWADE p161-162)

Special Abilities
  • Power Activators: Magic users must be able to gesture and speak to cast spells.
  • Enhanced Helmet: Darksight power as an Innate Ability, no roll needed, automatic raise effect.
  • Automaton Vehicle Ace: Begin with Occult d6, Piloting d6, plus the arcane background magic, Ace and Robot Vehicle Jock Edges.
  • Killing Machine: While piloting an automaton the ace gains the use, bonuses, and effects of all personal Combat Edges and associated maneuvers.
  • 4 Advances: MARS Packages start with 4 advances at Seasoned
  • Live, Die, Live Again (Hero's Journey): Free reroll on the Death & Defeat Table, and halve all recovery times from the table.
Vehicles
Earth Thunder Automaton (Size: 4 (Large); Handling: +1; Toughness: 26 (8); Pace: 10; Running Die: d8; Top Speed: 40mph/65kph; Strength: d12+3; Notes: MDC Armor)

Weapons
  • Control Range: Spirit x2
  • Magic Sword: Str+2d6 + 2 Mega Damage, AP 12, Reach 1
  • Melee Combat: Str+d6 MD, AP 4, use lower of Piloting or Fighting skill, Parry is calculated using Piloting instead of Fighting.
  • Special Qualities: Permanent darksight and farsight, shared with its controller.
  • Fast Regeneration: d12 Vigor, using controller's own 10 PPE, lasting five rounds.
  • Spellcasting: Lower of Piloting or Spellcasting Skill and can use 30 PPE store. Can use standard and mega Power Modifiers (barrier, bolt, burst, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, telekinesis).
  • Stomping: Str+2d6 MD, AP 4, target no larger than Size 2, Piloting vs target Agility

Advances
Novice Advances
  • Edge: Martial Artist
  • Edge: Mighty Blow
  • Raise Attribute: Agility
Seasoned Advances
  • Edge: Combat Ace
------------------

Current Load: 10 (41)
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Rifts®: Arcana and Mysticism, Rifts®: Blood and Banes, Rifts®: Empires of Humanity, Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America, Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Players Guide, Rifts®: Tomorrow Legion Field ManualSetting Rules: Born a Hero, Born a Hero includes Powers, Character Frameworks, Cyberware (w/Strain), Rifts® M.D.C., Super StrengthValidity: Character appears valid, but not optimal
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Rifts: lost jungles

Post by Venatus Vinco »

According to Discord we went with this package
Discord wrote: This character has been trusted with and bonded to one of the famous Automatons of the Magi of Dweomer.
  • Begin with Piloting d6, plus the Controller, and the Magi of Dweomer edge.
  • Arcane Background (Magic), 10 PPE, and choose three powers from the following list: arcane protection, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait†, burrow, burst, darksight, damage field, deflection, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, protection, sloth/speed, smite, warrior’s gift.
    All other aspects of Arcane Background (Magic) remain the same. 
  • Killing Machine: While piloting an automaton the controller has bonded with it gains the use, bonuses, and effects of all personal Combat Edges and associated maneuvers known to the pilot.
  • Select one available Automaton (per GM's review).
  • Begin with standard Starting Gear, substituting Battle Magi armor.
If this is the approved modification then Ace is not included (which would also prevent Combat Ace). Unless you took Ace with Hindrances or Heroes Journey, in which case disregard.

Also, Occult d6 was not included but, again, you may have raised that up with skill points

Bonus: you can take 1 extra Advance per our House Rules.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Cool looking character, i think you are short on hindrances. What happened to the vow to serve Dweomere?

The earth shaker has bolt, I was thinking the character might want to take something else. Teleport could be handy, or entangle might be fun.

I am not sure what your FG and HJ rolls were, can you list them?

I am pretty sure combat acrobat, needs acrobat first. If a roll grants an Edge, the hero may take it without meeting normal requirements. The exceptions are any Edges that have direct predecessors, such as Improved Frenzy, which requires Frenzy to be taken before it.

Where is the shadow cloak coming from?

You might want to think about the more ppts edge. Activating the regen power will wipe out 10 of the contollers ppe which is all of the characters.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Orius

Post by Orius »

The vow is inside “magi of dweomer” I can add it again?

Shadow cloak was a roll think fortune and glory?

Good spell suggestion. I’ll switch to teleport if I can.

I need to go fix the ace/combat ace edges and I’ll look into the ppe edge
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Orius wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:55 pm The vow is inside “magi of dweomer” I can add it again?

Shadow cloak was a roll think fortune and glory?

Good spell suggestion. I’ll switch to teleport if I can.

I need to go fix the ace/combat ace edges and I’ll look into the ppe edge
Dweomer is part of the federation of magic no? I just find it confusing that the character serves a city in the fed and is wanted by them.

Shadow cloak would most likely be from a HJ roll.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Orius

Post by Orius »

I was thinking the dunston side of federation of magic. Soon as they see me they will likely kill on site.

I always thought of dweomer as not a part of the feds since they really aren’t, they are just playing with him.
Orius

Post by Orius »

/roll d20 HJ: [16] = 16
/r d20 hj: [6] = 6
/roll d20 hj: [20] = 20

20- draining blade, 6 combat ace, 16 charge
Orius

Seasoned Human, MARS Controller Battle Magus Automaton Ace

Iconic Framework: MARS Controller Battle Magus Automaton Ace

Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d4, Battle d6, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d10, Language (Native) d8, Notice d4, Occult d8, Persuasion d4, Piloting d10, Research d4, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d6, Survival d4
Pace: 6; Parry: 8; Toughness: 11 (4)
Strain: 6/6
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Driven (minor, To protect the people of Dweomer and all oppressed mages), Enemy (major, Federation of Magic, Coalition)
Edges: Ace, Block, Charge, Combat Ace, Controller, Counterattack, Dodge, Magi of Dweomer, Master of Magic, Mighty Blow, Power Points, Quick
Armor: Battler Armor (Armor 4)
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Draining Blade (Range Melee, Damage Str+d8, AP 8), TW Firebolt Pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 6)
Language: Native (native, d8)
Current Wealth: 0 cr
Arcane Background: Magic (Rifts® TLPG, p120)
  • PPE: 15
  • Powers: Arcane Protection (SWADE p148), Entangle (SWADE p161), Fly (SWADE p161-162)
Special Abilities
  • Power Activators: Magic users must be able to gesture and speak to cast spells.
  • Enhanced Helmet: Darksight power as an Innate Ability, no roll needed, automatic raise effect.
  • Automaton Vehicle Ace: Begin with Piloting d6,
    plus the arcane background magic, magi of dweomer edge and controller edge.
  • Killing Machine: While piloting an automaton the ace gains the use, bonuses,
    and effects of all personal Combat Edges and associated aneuvers.
  • 5 Advances: MARS Packages start with 4 advances at Seasoned with a fifth house ruled

Vehicles
  • Earth Thunder Automaton (Size: 4 (Large); Handling: +1; Toughness: 26 (8); Pace: 10; Running Die: d8; Top Speed: 40mph/65kph; Strength: d12+3; Notes: MDC Armor)
    Weapons
  • Control Range: Spirit x2
  • Magic Sword (Str+2d6 + 2 Mega Damage, AP 12, Reach 1)
  • Melee Combat:Str+d6 MD, AP 4, use lower of Piloting or Fighting skill, Parry is calculated using Piloting instead of Fighting.
  • Special Qualities: Permanent darksight and farsight, shared with its controller. Fast Regeneration (d12 Vigor), using controller's own 10 PPE, lasting five rounds.
  • Spellcasting: Lower of Piloting or Spellcasting Skill and can use 30 PPE store. Can use standard and mega Power Modifiers (barrier, bolt, burst, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, telekinesis).
  • Stomping:Str+2d6 MD, AP 4, target no larger than Size 2, Piloting vs target Agility

[/LIST]

Advances
Novice Advances
  • Edge: Ace
  • Edge: Mighty Blow
  • Raise Attribute: Smarts
Seasoned Advances
  • Edge: Dodge
  • Raise Attribute: Smarts
Current Load: 13 (41)
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Rifts®: Arcana and Mysticism, Rifts®: Blood and Banes, Rifts®: Empires of Humanity, Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America, Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Players Guide, Rifts®: Tomorrow Legion Field ManualSetting Rules: Born a Hero, Born a Hero includes Powers, Character Frameworks, Cyberware (w/Strain), Rifts® M.D.C., Super StrengthValidity: Character appears valid and optimal

Created with Savaged.us
Last edited by Orius on Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

You will save some skill pts, if you start with a d10 agility, and use advances to raise str and vigor.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Orius

Post by Orius »

I did that. I made agi 10 and used two ability raisses on smart....and I just realized that creates the same problem due to smart skills and str and vigor don’t use skills...got it.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Re: Orius: Battle Magus

Post by Ndreare »

Need an avatar for your account to match your character. Something that helps us visualize your character.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades