Briyan Zimon - Burb Hood and Propaganda's Fool

Savage Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs: From Zero to Hero.
Andriod

Briyan Zimon - Burb Hood and Propaganda's Fool

Post by Andriod »

Briyan Zimon (Session 7)
Seasoned Male Human, MARS Personal Concept Option, and Militia Volunteer

Iconic Framework: MARS Personal Concept Option
Background
The Zimon family was initially loyal CS subjects living in Free Quebec. When Free Quebec turned traitor on the CS his family, with many others fled and were quickly absorbed into the logistics chain for the Tolkeen war. Briyan's parents both worked in the quartermaster's core, but since the war they have only managed to make a home in the burbs.

Hero’s Journey Hooks: As a teenager at the time, Briyan was mostly a runner, but soldiers commonly imposed on him to acquire supplies--usually beyond what they were supposed to be issued. He became rather adept at "procurement" (Thief Edge)

Description
Briyan has done his best to assemble a CS uniform out of denim and leather, dyed or painted black. Of course it obviously is not an actual uniform, other than his bomber jacket which is a CS Free Quebec Bomber Jacket with the Free Quebec patches removed and the CS patches left.

Racial Ethnicity: French
Background Origin: Free Quebec
Parents: Both Living
Siblings: 2 older one deceased brother one sister in the CS military(little contact), one younger brother(hero worships me)

In Free Quebec the Zimons were blue collar city workers, but then became ChiTown Workers for the war. With the war over their fortunes are falling rapidly. They are effectively mere burbies, their jobs as civilian contractors for the war ended before the war and the word is already out meaning they can't get a loan and most "old friends" do not return calls. Some of their connections from their past working in the war are returning calls though and they hope to use that to improve their status.

Motivations: Blind patriotism
Disposition: Tough guy, self-reliant, cocky, a lone wolf.
Sentiments toward Non-Humans: Undereducated, generally gulled by CS propoganda. Actually knows very little beyond what he's been told.
Weight: Husky 170lbs
Height: 5'9"

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Driving d6, Fighting d12, Intimidation d8, Language (Native) d8, Notice d4, Persuasion d8, Shooting d8, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 8; Toughness: 8 (2)
Hindrances: Delusional (minor, CS Propaganda is Accurate), Illiterate
Edges: Assassin, Bolster, Connections (CS Burbs Militia), Dodge, Marksman, Sharpshooting, Soldier, Streetwise, Strong Willed
Armor: Armored Cloak (Armor 2), CA-1b Dead Boy Heavy EBA (Armor 7)
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Armor Piercing Grenade (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 16, M.D.C.), Colt Peacemaker (.45) (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+1, ROF 1, AP 1), NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (Range 24/48/96, Damage 4d6, ROF 1, AP 2), Neural Mace (Range Melee, Damage Str+d6, M.D.C.), Smoke Grenade (Range 5/1-/2-, Damage -, ROF 1), Vibro-Shortsword (Range Melee, Damage Str+d8, AP 8, M.D.C.)
Gear: Bullet, Medium , Crowbar, Flashlight (10” beam), Rifle E-Clip
Language: Native (native, d8)
Current Wealth: 0 credits

Special Abilities
Skill Points: Begin with +4 skill points.
Extra Edges: Begin with five Edges of your choice, ignoring Rank requirements
4 Advances: MARS Packages start with 4 advances at Seasoned
Attribute Points: Being with +1 Attribute Points

Vehicles
Jeep (Size: 4 (Large); Handling: +1; Toughness: 10 (2); Top Speed: 65mph/105kph; Notes: Four-Wheel Drive)
Weapons

Heavy MG (front pintle mount)

Contains: Plastic-Man Light EBA

Advances
Novice Advances
Remove Minor Hind: Raise Attribute: SmartsEdge: StreetwiseSeasoned Advances
Raise Skills: Persuasion/Common Knowledge
------------------

Current Load: 57.29 (61)
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Rifts®: Arcana and Mysticism, Rifts®: Blood and Banes, Rifts®: Empires of Humanity, Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America, Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Players Guide, Rifts®: Tomorrow Legion Field ManualSetting Rules: Character Frameworks, Cyberware Tab, Rifts® M.D.C.Validity: Character appears invalid

Beginning Hero's Journey Roll
D20 Result
  • 1-3: Experience and Wisdom Strong Willed
    4-6: Underworld I know a guy
    7-9: Training Professional
    10-11: Underworld Thief
    12-14: Experience and Wisdom Common Knowledge
    15-16: Training Combat Edge
    17-18: Underworld Assassin Edge
    19-20: You may choose any one of the results on this table.
https://savaged.us/s/ly3qgiyt
Last edited by Andriod on Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Andriod

Re: Briyan Zimon, Chi-Town Rising Star

Post by Andriod »

Hero's journey, Session 1-2:

She’s traveled far and wide, and she always seems to know someone, somewhere,
she can call on for information or aid. Your hero has the I Know a Guy Edge and
gains +2 on all Networking rolls to contact and gain assistance.
Andriod

Session 1 Write up

Post by Andriod »

So, another day another supply run we picked up some some unused armor from a warehouse in Prosekville. Some guy named Dirty Shen had a line on some plastic man armor and filters and we went in to grab it. His docs were a little funny so the Spanners and Annika tweaked the computers out to make the docs to clear that up and get us in and out while I mostly kept the guards from looking too close.

For a couple minutes we were on the wrong side of a Dead Boys episode but Annika smoothed it over, really the Dead Boys shouldn't have fallen for it, but they weren't but my Roadside Militia card doesn't mean anything over there.
Andriod

Intersession 1

Post by Andriod »

With plastic man armor kitted out for the roadside militia I can really get around. Now that they don't have to worry about me catching the v'rus I can go and get anything we need, either alone or with other troops. It's like being back in the war, everybody knows me, everybody trusts me.

My parents aren't doing so well, no armor for them so they can only do a bit of this and that. Dad can't keep a job for more than a two weeks tops, his war buddies set him up with something but when the boss finds out that Mom is sick suddenly Dad's out of the job. Oh yeah, did I mention that, Mom's got the Revenge Plague. She's holed up in the bedroom, I can go in with the armor, but Dad can't do anything but slip food in through the door. We have no idea when she'll be better or safe to come out.

The Coalition is working on it, they'll solve it for sure! General Bradford in Lone Star even has a team working on it and they're sharp! I'm not sure why it's taken so long. Some people say they already have a cure and just haven't admitted to it yet, even one of the troopers on Burbs Patrol thought so until they found the Revenger squad spreading the rumor--I was never fooled.

Troops has been much darker people stealing masks, revengers spreading plague, and more desperate juicer wannabees strung out on who knows what. just no escape from my life on the beat.
Andriod

Session 2 Write up

Post by Andriod »

Placeholder, I'll backfill this
Andriod

Recon

Post by Andriod »

Task 3. Get inside and case the place. Using Stealth to blend in

Briyan is happy enough to let everyone set everything up. But he knows from the war that even guarded warehouses aren't that guarded. Grabbing one of the IDs tells everyone he's off to go check things out inside. During the war he went into any number of warehouses to help one officer or another with an extra half a skiff of ammo or kit and though things are different he's not even trying to grab anything. More recently he's been in any number of commercial warehouses and there all the same, he's got friend in all of them and if he doesn't run into any of his friends here he knows the types and is sure he'll run into either a friend or a friend of a friend. He figures he can wander through the facility and make it look like he's headed towards a breakroom or bathroom anytime he gets noticed. Hopefully anyone he knows that he meets will know him well enough to let him pass but not well enough to be suspicious.

First roll 4/4 Briyan sneaks around but so carefully that he really only sees a little bit and ALL the breakrooms, bathrooms, locker rooms, and low security guard armories. He decides to search a little longer and harder than he had planned at first (spends a Benny, rolled as shooting but it's the same stat for 9/6) with a little more searching he finds almost half of the cameras as well as decent routes to and from the loading docks and breakrooms.

Fortune and Glory

1. Strong and Powerful
2. Smart and Learned
3. Reach out and Touch Someone
4. Live, Die, Live Again
5. A Merry Band
6. A Strong Suit of Armor
7. Up Close and Personal
8. Fortune Favors the Bold

Rolled: 1 Benny -> 7 Up Close and Personal Melee Weapon.
On his way out Briyan grabbed the largest vibro knife he saw--a vibro short-sword.
Andriod

Mini Session Writeup

Post by Andriod »

We have Alpha Logistics dialed in at this point. Annika and I wandered into one of their pickup offices to use a computer and grab a snack. Just like in the war I went through the whole warehouse and nobody asked me anything. We even helped a customer on the way out, no big deal. I don't think that office actually ships anything more important than foodstuffs.

Still, the big warehouse isn't much more secure. It seems that until we move something nothing matters, that said we could smuggle an army if we had one--maybe the whole Roadside Militia if it were worth it. We walked through and found they aren't even organized about the shipping. The vaccine is listed in a dozen containers but actually seems to be stuffed in another one. I wonder if they're even going to notice when we start moving stuff, some good fast talking might be enough to get us out. I wonder if we can offer them Roadside Militia help for security?

OOC: What is up with the other dozen containers? Isn't there a cost or need for those?
Andriod

Session 3 Write Up

Post by Andriod »

My Mom's better, my dad and I are inoculated, so that's good. I told them it was something the militia got a hold of that's supposed to help, but they're my parents and they know something's up so, so things at home are rocky. All this time without a real job has been very hard on him. Dad's been drinking and I found out someone has been selling him synth too. I put the word out for that to end, but the militia isn't everywhere so there's only so much I have any leverage on there.

Another person not happy with me is Inspector Kirk. He came to ask some questions--which only made my parents more nervous. I'm pretty sure he knew everything. I told him that I obviously didn't want to talk anything, but I had heard a rumor about some CS revenger virus samples being destroyed then nuked with a plasma grenade to be sure.

Which brings me to the heist itself. We went in easy as pie, Maddox as an extra driver, and grabbed two trucks--a never even figured out which one had which, but one had vaccine, one had virus samples, and virus cures. We hauled them all off the lot, no big deal. Alpha Logistics, security is our {id not found} priority. Once we were off the lot two cars of security guys showed up from somewhere else, but a little bit of gun play took them off the road and we got to the safe warehouse. A cure for my Mom, a vaccine for Dad and I, a couple vaccines for my militia pals and the money was good too. Of course a little bit of gun play means a few weeks of lying low, so that's what I'm doing next.
Andriod

Personal Choice Option

Post by Andriod »

16 Points

2 Attributes:
Spirit d6->d8

10 Edges:
Bolster
Strong Willed
Marksman
Dodge
Sharpshooting

4 Skills
Thievery
Persuasion
Driving
Intimidation

Cybernetics
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1
Combat Coding 2

Core electronics Package 1
Optics Package 1
Targeting Eye 1
Last edited by Andriod on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andriod

Interlude 3

Post by Andriod »

Damn that felt good! The militia got word that someone was passing off a fake vaccine down on the edge of hope. I sent a quick word to Inspector Kirk and a headsup to Mr. Montague in case either of them needed to do anything, but when the militia got there, there they were. I sailed down with the militia flying squad in a small hover car and we were going to wrap up the operation--nothing but some doctors after all--when security showed up. Not much security really, but five-on-four is not the odds we're looking for.

They tried to scare us, but I stood strong, dodged out of the way and started shooting. I got the harness shot off of one guy and spooked another guy out of the fight which got our squad back in. Mostly stuck with some fancy shooting to try to take out their gear, but I didn't get any as good as the first one. From there I'm not sure but I think two of them might not make it--depends how good their armor is.

We're still not sure what happened exactly, but Dirty Shen passed word that we ruffled some feathers so I guess somebody got hurt worse than they expected. Really they should know better than to pull that bullshit in our burb.
Last edited by Andriod on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andriod

----

Post by Andriod »

DELETE ME
Last edited by Andriod on Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andriod

Interlude 4

Post by Andriod »

Apparently the "steal back" is a pretty common Network ploy and I got pulled into a new heist after the revenger attack. I think it was something of a reprisal though they didn't tell us who we were stealing from. Perhaps a splinter off the butcher boys. This time it was a pile of the CS gear. We went in and out with guns blazing and a big crew, some local, some from Missouri, even an "expert" from Lone Star. I'm not sure who did the prep on that one, but we were definitely not subtle. The expert took out the door guards from a distance then the Missouri crew went in with vibro-blades. The rest of us were just experts.

The CS gear we got was a little odd, not quite the newest kit, but not the old standards. I think they raided a prototype vault. I got a CA-1 armor with an enhanced inner lining (F&G 6 - Strong Armor +1 Toughness from the Body Armor Table).

Through the week we also worked with a few other members of the Network mostly local, cleaning up from the rough night. (Advance Streetwise)
Andriod

Session 4 Write Up -- The rough night

Post by Andriod »

Mr. Montague called us in to help him out with some disturbances he was expecting. The usual crew, plus a new guy, Art went to visit a few of his businesses. As it turned out every place we checked was targeted by traitors to humanity. First we went through a parking lot and found a demonic circle. Then an office with some other kind of demonic trap, a shambling pile of paperwork and office supplies.

The fourth stop was where the new FNG joined in, but he's cool, another acrobat. He and hexcat went up the roof of a factory and back down. Once they came back they showed me the class 3 fusion block that would have blown the factory and them sky high. I sat that one out, kibbitizing with a butcher boy who was watching the place.

Last though was the best part, capital B Burger! We went to Danz Helmut's Bar, saved the place, and got real Beef, capital B Burgers. Their regular burgers are pretty good too and we don't need to pay for our drinks there ever again. Oh yeah, I should mention what we saved it from--a buncha shifty shifters and a class 4 fusion block. Nice defense system too, auto-turrets on top of most of the staff being mercs. The place is tight! It's not on a burb militia patrol but it sure would be handy to meet there.
Andriod

Recap - The Very Good Day

Post by Andriod »

For the first time in my life I had a day where everything went right.

We got a gig from the cafe, a different kind of steal back. Some sort of manufacturing plan locked in to a factory. The owner wanted it swiped and wiped, and we got the job. We thought there must be a hook but we took it. And called on Dirty Shen to smuggle us in to Josephtown with a delivery right to the mark, Bugsy Automotive.

The job went buttery-smooth, I spent the whole time talking with Gary, Jarrod Pushkin's brother, while Annika and Art grabbed the data, wiped the backups, and put in an order for the factory to load up one of their own machines for Dirty Shen, payday and the afternoon to rest.
Andriod

Interlude 5 - The Assasination

Post by Andriod »

This week I learned that Inspector Gil Kirk can play just as dirty as Mr. Montague--and the ISS plays with bigger wagers.

After fencing off the machine to Dirty Shen, I was going to lay low a week or two. Inconveniently, no more than a day into my vacation I got a call from my Dad asking me to swing by.

When I got there it wasn't my Dad waiting for me, but Inspector Gil Kirk. He told me my Dad had gone out and asked, "How is your Mom doing? Did she make a recovery from the revenger's flu? If you found any medicine that helps, be sure to pass a word along, a drug to help the infected would be rare indeed, very rare." He avoided saying it, but I got a pretty clear idea that he knew everything about our heist.

"So, I'm going to need a favor from you and I'm going to need it quick, and I don't think I need to go into any special detail about why you're going to help me out. See there is a gentleman with some very close Tolkeen connections and he's too close to Chi-Town. We need him moved a little further away, about 8 feet vertically. For the reasons I mentioned, the good of humanity, and the continued health of your family you're going to take care of his move,"

The inspector continued with some details, for a tattooed man that I could find actually quite close to the factory from my very rough night, just a couple doors down from where the butcher boy was watching. He left me with one warning, "Don't let him see you coming."

The job was actually not so tough, I popped in the door and hit the guy with a heavy pulse while he was in some sort of a trance. I actually think he was talking to someone, there was no radio in the room, but a voice out of nowhere spoke after I killed him, "Cunior, are you there? You have to close the rift or else things will only get worse for the city"
Andriod

Session Recap - The Break through and beatdown

Post by Andriod »

So we went into the fire today and finally got some Revenge on the Revengers, but not before one of the psychotics thought they were going to soften up my mind. The newest of the new guys Aroud ever so casually suggested he was going to wire up our brains together. I understand the psychotypicals are in as much of a bind as anyone else, they should be registered psychics and citizens on the CS like any other human, but neither of us are moving into Chi Town. Still touching my mind, icky, icky, icky. Nice chap in a fight though, his pyscho-powers let him walk through the wall and open the door. 'course walking through a wall is not a really difficult trick, Art and I went in through the wall on the other side through Hard Inks, the trick is not leaving a hole--we did Aroud didn't.

Once we were in I cranked up my rifle to pulse and started shooting. Two terrorists down with one three shot burst, then somebody had the nerve to shoot back, so down he went too. The filthy wizard hit me with a nasty blind spell, but that's why we pincered him like the Silent Commandos. That was when Aroud and Annika took him down from the other side. Annika had already locked and copied the whole drive from outside and just came in for the end of the show.

Good money and stack of new clips plus the reward from Mr. Montague, I'll have to tell inspector Kirk about it leaving out the psychopaths of course.
Andriod

Saving a hero

Post by Andriod »

Inspector Kirk pulled the big trigger and of course we all came running. It seems that he and the boys in black have found all, or almost all the revenger safe houses in the Burbs and picked a day to make them all unsafe. Lester called us in and at least three more of his crews.

Of course "found all" is a bit generous, they found them all well enough to bomb them I suppose, but what we got was a list of 15 hotels, and a spot where a CS patrol disappeared. Fortunately Annika did a heroic hack to grab all the cameras at once and we found the patrol's heroic survivor. He told us about the gnasty magic attack that took out his patrol and we started following along. Past the charnel house where more magic had been worked. We basically narrowed it down to one of two hotels near Gideon Growden's Surety's. Gideon told us which he'd seen our van at and now we have a decision, the crew includes Aman, and he's pretty tough, we're supposed to call it in but the patrol leader is telling us that the radio is probably compromised. Maybe we call Lester and see if he can help or maybe we just try to end this threat to humanity once and for all. Gotta think, WWDBD?

Return to “Chi-Town Rising Stars”