Jamming in the Dark (RP)

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Jamming in the Dark (RP)

Post by Technospawn »

Please use this as an RP thread to keep post counts up while I am away.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Ellisto

Re: Jamming in the Dark (RP)

Post by Ellisto »

Bringing out bowl after bowl for what he calls "Second Dinner... not to be confused with second Supper", Ellisto sets them down on the table in the galley for everybody to serve themselves.

"Now remember we don't stand on formalities in my galley. Everybody dig in. If any bowl is empty and you want more, just let me know. I most likely have more in the pots just waiting for such an event... and remember... Never Trust a Skinny Cook!!!"
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 20/20
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 4/6
  • Base Amount
    -1 due Reroll for Round 1 Back Into the Flow Escape
    -1 due Reroll for Round 2 Back Into the Flow Escape
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Jarvis sat down at the table. He loved the idea of Second Dinner, just not usually what was in it. Ellisto was an excellent cook, no doubt, but Jarvis wasn't fond of the meaty stews the halfling traditionally served.

The Giff picked around the chunks of meat and deposited them into Zick's bowl when no one was looking. The Thri-kreen did the same for the vegetables. Jarvis could not get enough of the carrots, turnips, garlic and especially the onions. He loved onions. He could eat two or three at a time, preferably raw. He always had the crew bring a few extra crates of vegetables on board so he could whip up a batch of his favorite snack mix: turnips, onions, garlic, and some apples for a little bit of sweetness. Despite his best efforts, however, no one else seemed to like it. More for him then.

At that moment, Tiberius cracked a joke. Something about A pirate walking into a bar with a ship’s steering wheel in his pants.

The bartender says: “Hey, did you know you’ve got a steering wheel in your pants?”

“Aye, sir that it be, “says the pirate, “it’s driving me nuts!”

Jarvis roared with laughter at that. Pounding the table, his shaking sides caused him belch quite loudly.

Ahhh, but I do love that snack mix...

"Hah! That was funny!"

Sitting across from him, he saw some crewman turn a little green.

"Space sick are we now? Eat up. Get something in your stomach. It will make you feel better."
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Triss Nightingale

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Triss and the young man known as Trin, her loblolly boy, walked into the galley. “You won’t go unfed on this ship,” Triss explained to Trin as they took their seats. “Well, unless we run out of supplies, I suppose.” She picked up a hot loaf of bread and broke it in half, handing half to Trin, then grabbed the dish of fresh butter and spread it generously onto a piece she tore off her loaf. “It isn’t usually fancy, but it’s filling.”

Trin smiled and tore into his own piece of bread, filling a wooden bowl with the stew as well, eating hungrily.

“Though a lady doesn’t eat so heartily as these gentlemen,” Triss said with a smirk, adding some jam to her bread and butter.

Trin paused midway to filling his bowl, giving Triss a confused look.

Triss just nodded, every so imperceptibly, and Trin finished loading his bowl.
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
PP: 7/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 2
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)
Last edited by Triss Nightingale on Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cerulean

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean comes in with a couple of riggers.
He sits down next to Triss, looks around and takes some food.

He says, "Thank you for your work in Sickbay. You do a fine job." Then he digs in.

Eventually he says, "Jarvis made damned, good food." He smiles at his so called humor. To Trin, he says with a smile, "Don't let anyone ever tell you that a female should eat less, or less heartily, than a male. Elven females eat like elven males. Just remember that when you're ready to marry."
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652
Old Man

Post by Old Man »

The Old man nodded as the dish was brought to him pulling out a bottle he liked to carry for just this sort of situation, and sprinkling a few splashes on the food. Ellisto was a great cook, but the little guy had to many soft bellies to feed and The Old Man had long ago fell in love with the special peppers found only on in the southern deserts of Feyrun.

As he listens to the giants jovial joking The Old Man nodded, he had not heard that one before, so he was unable to keep a little laughter from escaping from him. Young Brandt just shook his head. "I don't get it."

Taking a moment to explain the joke to his young apprentice The Old Man noticing him trying to be subtle as he eyes the attractive human female, 'Trin he thinks her name was. Leaning into his plate to take another bite of the wonderful dish his quiet voice whispers within the boys head "Give up on that one Young Brandt. There are reasons you do not see half gnomes and those fancies will lead to tension on the ship."

Then out loud to the gathered friends he says. "Sorry bout the other day. Eating on the shore was a fools decision and it caused me to bend for an hour. Won't do that again in a goblin store for certain."
Triss Nightingale

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0
Regarding Trin
Heh heh. I suppose I should clarify. Not that I mind the other players knowing. It’s cool and all TRIN is a boy, at least as far as looking at him, maybe a bit feminine, but that’s because he’s young, yes. TRINA is a girl, and Trin’s real, actual gender. She’s playing a boy because it’s safer and more...expected, hopefully leading to better pay and promotion. Like I said I don’t mind if you have sussed out her real gender somehow -- she is on the verge of not being able to hide it anymore just through binding -- but most of the crew should still see Trin the loblolly boy. Triss was teasing her/him because she knows the truth.

Ah, and now looking back at my post, I realize I put in a vague pronoun for who was speaking instead of a name, and let the pronouns drift, so I can see the confusion. I will edit it.
"Thank you for your work in Sickbay. You do a fine job," Cerulean said to Triss.

Triss smiled. “You’re welcome. Just wish I could have saved more,” she said sadly. She had run out of magic, and using her mundane healing skills took time, time in which others she wasn’t helping got worse, slipped away, sometimes even when on the table.

"Don't let anyone ever tell you that a female should eat less, or less heartily, than a male. Elven females eat like elven males. Just remember that when you're ready to marry," Cerulean said to Trin.

Trin’s eyes opened in a bit of a panic, darting to Triss, then back to the elf. “M-Marriage?” he said around a piece of bread before swallowing.

"Sorry ‘bout the other day. Eating on the shore was a fool's decision, and it caused me to bend for an hour. Won't do that again in a goblin store for certain," the Old Man said.

Triss smiled over at him. “I am just glad you are feeling better. I have a few concoctions I can give you if it happens again,” she promised. “They probably won’t taste good, but they’ll get the job done.”

Trin was looking over at Brandt staring at him. “Wot?” he said through a mouthful of stew before taking a large swig of ale. “Do I have somethin’ in my teeth?” He blushed a little.
Trin pic
Put the short hair under a cap, put on some loose clothes.
Trina Kholin.jpg
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
PP: 7/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 2
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)
Cerulean

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean says to Trin, "A young man like you has much time before you would marry. Don't be upset."
He smiles.
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

Return to “Adventures”