Walk the plank you void sucker 0 points
No votes

Total votes: 5

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

GM poll 4Q2020

Post by Technospawn »

Please vote in the poll. You can also post any feedback here. Hopefully everyone is having fun but if not let me know what I can fix.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Ellisto

Re: GM poll 4Q2020

Post by Ellisto »

Technospawn wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:30 am Please vote in the poll. You can also post any feedback here. Hopefully everyone is having fun but if not let me know what I can fix.
Don't almost kill my character!!! :D
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 20/20
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 4/6
  • Base Amount
    -1 due Reroll for Round 1 Back Into the Flow Escape
    -1 due Reroll for Round 2 Back Into the Flow Escape
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Overall good, I was having a little trouble following the split up scenes as well in this one.

Suggested fix in the Realms Feedback.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Cerulean

Post by Cerulean »

It's fun.
However, I'm having some trouble keeping up.
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652
Triss Nightingale

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Voted! Good job!
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Cerulean wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:29 pm It's fun.
However, I'm having some trouble keeping up.
Keeping up with the post rate or keeping up with the scenes. @Ndreare also commented on the scenes being confusing> I can see it with people posting saying people on on deck who are already in the hold. I will take this comment to heart and try to change the way I post. The plan for posting will be something like the following

Ship's Cargo Hold near aft hatch
Captain Blackfoot
The Old Man
Ceulean

X and Y happened

Ship's Cargo Hold fore starboard side
Ellisto
Triss
Tiberius
Jarvis

Everyone died

Ship's Helm Steerage Deck
Balanor

Keeping the ship doing stuff

Hopefully by posting this way it will be more clear who is in what scene. Also everyone should control the extra's they made. There are no extras beyond the named ones. So the ship's total crew right now is 16 people.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I like this way
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Captain Blackfoot

Post by Captain Blackfoot »

I would vote but the poll isn't open any more. I might have given it a 2, but now you get a 0! Good stuff, thanks for letting a squidward have his own boat and crew.
Captain Blackfoot
Captain Blackfoot, Captain of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 7; Toughness: 7(2)
Combat-Relevant Edges and Abilities
  • +1 to Allies' Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5").

Leadership Edges aren’t cumulative with the same Edge from other leaders. Characters may benefit from different Leadership Edges by the same or different leaders, however.
    , Natural Leader,
    Quick characters have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head. Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
    Characters with both the Level Headed and Quick Edges first draw their additional card and choose which to take. If that card is a Five or less, the Quick Edge may be used to draw a replacement until it’s Six or higher.
    The commander has a natural grasp of small unit tactics and can take advantage of rapidly changing situations.
    A Tactician is dealt an extra Action Card each round of combat—kept separate from his own cards. At the start of the round, he may discard it or give it to any one allied Extra in Command Range. The player or GM controlling the receiving character can decide whether to accept and replace her current Action Card, or discard it.
    Surprise: Tacticians don’t get their extra card if Surprised, but they can give it to an ally who’s Surprised if they like!
    If the duelist hasn’t acted this turn, she may declare the Defend maneuver after an opponent declares a Fighting attack against her but before he rolls. She discards her current Action Card and her Parry bonus is +6 instead of +4 that turn.
    [*]Rogues add an additional d6 to their damage when they have the Drop on their victim, or the victim is Vulnerable. This applies to Athletics (throwing), Fighting, or Shooting attacks.
    A duelist makes surgical strikes with one-handed piercing weapons with a Min Str of d6 or less, adding +2 to her damage total.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

Return to “Savage Spelljammer”