Group and table rules, expectations, and all that good stuff.

A team of the Legions rising stars is sent on an odyssey to find the origin of some mysterious technology.
GM: Imperator
Imperator

Group and table rules, expectations, and all that good stuff.

Post by Imperator »

You are all the best and brightest of the Legions last couple of classes of recruits. While the Legion usually tries to spread out the talent, you were all moved from your last assignments to the 21st on short notice and little explanation.
General Information:
I will be running
Spoiler(plot point campaign)
the Ex Machina plot point campaign from Empires of Humanity
so things may be railroady sometimes to move the main plot along. That said there is a lot of overland travel to fill with side adventure, role play, and interludes. But I will be trying not to digress too much.

As both a player and a GM I tend to run games more on the good side of things. Not all shiny happy goodness, more trying to better with a bad lot type. My point is if evil gameplay is your thing you will find me unenthusiastic at best.

Character Creation:
The team has been put together for a long range mission that will be travelling in Coalition territory so races and IFs that are difficult to disguse and considered shoot on sight by the CS are poor choices. Also since there are only six of you please keep that in mind when building your character. Having a solid secondary skill set when non combat challenges happen is a good idea.

I am asking that no one plays a Dragon hatchling, Glitterboy, Dragon Juicer, MARS Robot Pilot, Vampire, or Werecat. Mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to rework the module for those kind of toughness ranges. And the vamp and werecat would be immune to 80% of the main plot foes.

We will be using the recommended setting rules from the tlpg as well as the Big Damn Heroes power level.
Big Damn Heroes
  • Heroic Journey rolls +2
  • Starting wealth x2
  • Advances +1
Heroic Journey roll procedure: Make your rolls then apply then to a table on the list of the tables your IF limits their first roll to.

Fortune and Glory rolls: MARS characters may par down the table to make one consisting of twelve options of their choice. No option may be used more than once.
GM bennies

Characters Imperator (GM account)Action Stan, Antipas, Xiang,
Imperator

Re: Group and table rules, expectations, and all that good stuff.

Post by Imperator »

An aside. I'm riffing off a method to randomly determine scene modifiers that Jon uses. For transparencies sake heres what the d8 roll for the tasks means just so you know I'm not totally making shit up :).
Scene Modifier table:
  • 1= -4 penalty
  • 2= -3 penalty
  • 3= -2 penalty
  • 4= -1 penalty
  • 5= no modifier
  • 6= +1 bonus
  • 7= +2 bonus
  • 8= +2 bonus and chance for extra reward (loot, HJ rolls, other weird shit)
GM bennies

Characters Imperator (GM account)Action Stan, Antipas, Xiang,

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: 21st SET - Hot Shots”