Sleeping Dragon Inn

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Sleeping Dragon Inn

Post by Technospawn »

It is already Mirtul and winter is refusing to relinquish its grip on the north. The morning dawned bitter and a storm blew down off the Spine of the World. Most of the patrons are on edge and it shows for all know that war is here. How soon till the high lady orders the army to march. For now they just huddle close in their cloaks and tried to warm themselves by the fire. So far the ale was still flowing and that was good. No one wants to die sober.

The interior of this modest inn is filled with the smells of roasting meat, a warm fire, and sweet pipe leaf. Commoners and adventurers alike jostle in the tightly packed inn trying to stay warm and drink their time away while they wait for what always comes with war. The Inn keeper Daven Silvershaft is a lithe half elf with silvering hair and a few wrinkles. He bustles busily about with 2 other bar maids serving customers good ale and grilled meat.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Re: Sleeping Dragon Inn

Post by Henry »

Winter raged outside. The young swordsman shivered, even inside the warm inn, dressed in furs and sitting by the fireplace, working on a third drink for the night. Clay was soul cold, but also genuinely liked the Sleeping Dragon Inn. It had... character. The chill was excitement. Listening to opportunities, or rumors from the gathered patrons had him on edge thinking about where he should head next.

After days in the saddle, traveling the Long Road from Baldur’s Gate, through the marshes and forests after the seemingly endless road, he was farther from “home” than he had been in a very long time.

His journey had taken him from the coast, inland, and now here to the Sleeping Dragon and to the greatest bar keep ever, one Daven Silvershaft. He’d rented a modest room to Clay and his prices were fair. He also knew how to mix a drink. He’d left his gear and weapons in his rented room, except the great sword Vicious which he had with him, wrapped in leathers and always close by. The horse was in the barn and he was determined to enjoy the fire and warm meal.

Clay listened to both commoners and adventurers alike jostle in the tightly packed inn trying to stay warm and drink their time away while they waited for what always comes with war. The rumors were raging and he listened to them all. 2 bar maids were serving customers ale and grilled meat, Clay spoke to one in passing and asked for food.

Finishing his drink he motioned to Daven and the fellow nodded and started to prepare the next drink for the bladesman.

Clay watched the others in the Inn and thought about where he might go next, in search of Adventure. His options were virtually endless, but for now he was happy to drink, listen and observe the others in the Inn.

((Edited: and OOC TAG UPDATED))
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers

Felicity Clover

Post by Felicity Clover »

Notice 3
Notice [dice:2neyw7l8]66071:0[/dice:2neyw7l8]
Wild [dice:2neyw7l8]66071:1[/dice:2neyw7l8]
Rassalanter/The Sleeping Dragon Inn
1 Mirtul/Evening

Felicity Clover, cleric of Tymora, shivered as she stomped in from the cold outside the Sleeping Dragon Inn. Back in Cormyr, winter wasn’t this harsh, and it would be warm and flowering right now. She sighed as she thought of home. It didn’t help that she was lost, trying to find her way back home to Cormyr. Maybe she should have stayed back in Silverymoon.

Fliss pushed back her hood of her cloak, revealing a tumble of red hair to frame her pretty brown eyes, a few freckles scattered across a pert nose. She brushed snow off of her hardened leather armor and readjusted the shield on her back. A rapier and dagger hung at her belt, along with a sling and a bag of stones. She stomped the snow off her boots and then walked over to the fire to hold her hands to the flames.

When she was sufficiently warm, she flopped down into a too big seat by the fire, pulling her feet up cross legged, placing her rapier and shield against the seat. She pulled a coin pouch out of her jacket and peeked inside. Two gold. That might buy her a hot meal, but not a room. Maybe she could sneak into the stables for the night. Maybe she could hit the gaming tables and bend a little luck around her, Tymora forgive.

Fliss tucked her money away and looked up across the fire at a tall, rugged human with scars on his face. “Blessings, traveler,” the halfling greeted with a pretty smile. “I don’t suppose you would know where a cold and weary halfling could find a bit of work or entertainment to afford a hot meal and a warm bed?” she asked, looking around and listening for the sounds of men at play, dice on wood, or the shuffle of cards.
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Healing
Bennies: 4/4StatStatss
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 40/40
Money: 2 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Clays eyes darted to the door when it opened. A general grumble quietly ran through the patrons inside, as to say, hurry in, your letting the cold inside. No one was rude enough to actually voice a complaint which pleased the swordsman, he was looking for relaxation right now, not a rowdy brawl.

The old scars itched and Clay rubbed them absently and followed the little newcomer as she lithely made her entrance. As she curled up in front of the fire he wondered what her story was. Inwardly he harrumphed at himself for being nosy. As he returned his gaze to the fire she spoke.

”Blessings, traveler,” she spoke with a pretty smile the swordsman would come to appreciate over time. ”I don’t suppose you would know where a cold and weary halfling could find a bit of work or entertainment to afford a hot meal and a warm bed?” she asked still all smiles and toasty.

Your a sucker for a pretty smile Clay.

The pretty ones rarely talked to him, he couldn’t imagine why but his appearance often frightened people away. He chuckled aloud.

”Hello.” it came out deep and harshly enough he flinched at his own words.

Clay attempted a smile, then cleared his throat. Absently he adjusted his frame in an attempt to look less like a killer and more like a regular person just trying to be pleasant. It took more effort than he liked. Clay also moved his wrapped in leather Great Sword to his other side and let it rest against the wall.

”Hello. Sorry. It has been a few days since I last spoke. I’ve been alone on the road. I had a fight with Lost, my dense headed horse, and I’m not speaking to him either. He ate my last apple you see. So forgive my harsh greeting, my voice is out of practice. If you’ll allow me to, I recently ordered a meal, I’d be pleased to purchase another for you if you are willing to endure my company.”

Unless the Halfling refuses, the timing is perfect as one of the bar maids had just made her way over to the warmth of the fireplace to ask the newcomer if she wanted anything. Clay offers the Halfling a meal - and a drink of course.

The swordsman continues: ”Lodging isn’t too pricey here. Fair rates. I got a room. Uh. Not that it matters. Mm I. I probably talk to the damn horse too much and not enough to people so maybe I should just shut up and let you talk. I’m Clay by the way. Last out of Baldur’s Gate and by Helm I’m glad to be away from there. I’m looking for work and have a few leads I’ve overheard a bit sitting here. A pleasure to meet you.... “

Clays nods at the Halfling and actively forces himself to shut up and give the woman a chance to reply.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Roland

Post by Roland »

Roland returns to the common room from his quote enjoyable trist with the maid. Looking around as her enters he sees the two new comers and overhears the giants comments about potential work.

Wondering over he smiles at the fellow. "As it happens I heard you mention work? I happen to be looking for work. Key need introduce myself, I am Roland and you may have heard of me, the greatest Sorcerer of my generation. Friend of man and lady alike." With a flourish and bow here helps himself to a seat. The natural charm and radiance coming from the man enough to put even the most rigid at ease.
OOC Comments
Character Account will get created today.
But Boyce wanted me to post soon.
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Clay nods at the greatest Sorcerer of the time.

A deep guttural, yet kind, response from the man welcomes Roland.

”I am Clay. I was just about to learn the name of this lass...then we can talk jobs.”

He seems kind. I’m glad I stopped here.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Lucas Farley

Post by Lucas Farley »

Lucas enters the warm taproom gratefully. The chill and soaked into his old bones, and he looked forward to wrapping himself around a mug of mulled wine and something other than army stew. Glancing around the crowded room, he was taken aback by a familiar sight.

That lad is far from home he muses to himself as he works his way towards Clay's table. "It's Clay isn't? From the Baldur's gate guard?" Lucas asks, "'Twas two, three years back, dealing with those bandits on the trade road?"

Lucas is seasoned. Well seasoned. Old. With a salt and pepper beard, with a lined face, he doesn't look like the soft of man you'd find tramping the backroads of the sword coast. But his hardened leather armor has clearly seen hard strokes, and the rapier and dagger at his belt sit on his hips like they belong there.
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Clay looked from the sorcerer to the woman, ready to hear from her. Before she has a chance to talk, another voice state’s Clay’s name.

Clays eyes dart to the old Wizard even as his left hand curls fingers around the leather wrapped hilt of the great sword resting against the wall. Muscles tense and his mind races, picturing the best way to simultaneously defend these two new friends and make his escape from the ...

Hold on. I know him!

”Lucas! You ol’master o’thunder! It has been years, but I can still see those brigands dropping to their knees weapons falling as they covered their ears. Boom. Ha. That was great. Please, join us. We were just getting acquainted. Pull up a chair friend. This is Roland. Everyone this is a mighty wizard, Lucas. I’m Clay. And...”

Clay helps pull a chair over for Lucas, settling it by Roland, then turns his smile to the female Halfling.

“... we were just about to learn the name of this young lady.”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Felicity Clover

1 Mirtul/Evening

Felicity smiled brightly at the scarred man’s generosity. “That is so kind of you, Clay. I am sorry your horse is being stubborn. I would love to share a meal with you. Thank you,” the halfling said. “I am Felicity Clover, but my friends call me Fliss.” The tiny redhead hopped down off her big chair to come over and offer her hand to Clay. “With the Sisterhood of Tymora, so Lady Luck’s blessing upon you,” she said. “Though don’t spread that around,” she whispered. “They might not let me sit at the tables, then.” She gave a wink. Though nobody appeared to be gambling here that she could see.

Another stranger wandered up. "As it happens, I heard you mention work? I happen to be looking for work. Key need introduce myself. I am Roland, and you may have heard of me, the greatest sorcerer of my generation. Friend of man and lady alike."

“Greatest?” Fliss asked, looking the human over. “I didn’t know sorcerers kept ranks,” she mused. “It’s nice to meet you then, Roland. I’m Fliss.” She offered her hand.

And then another human joined them, another soldier by the sound of it, that knew Clay. The redheaded halfling waved. “Hello. I’m Fliss,” she introduced. “Want to join us? We were about to eat,” she offered.
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Bennies: 4/4
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

To Fliss, Clay says: ”The Smiling Lady, Tymora, she who would prank the god Helm. My favorite stories my mother told me as a youngster. My father was a Cleric of Helm. Tymora’s ways agitated him. Mother and I would giggle. Was a long time ago. Heh, Fliss, well met.”

Clay motions for food and drink to be brought to the table.

”Please, four meals, three new and one refound friend. I have sorely missed intelligent conversation. Damn horse makes for a boring conversation while on the road alone. Let us drink, eat and enjoy an evening talking to each other.”

Looking across the table at the two Halflings and old human spellcaster he smiles as friendly as one can with a face like his and quickly takes in the rest of the room. Just checking on who’s who and where. Back to the wall and the great sword Vicious kept close by even as the man settles in for some friendly relaxation his eyes are on the look out for trouble. He was called, Red Clay, not Dead Clay. Being ever vigilant had kept him alive in some hairy situations in the past.

Returning his attention to Fliss he pulled a set of bone die out of his pocket.

”Maybe a blessing on them? I like to keep on Tymora’s good side.”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

"Aye gov'ner" said the bar maid and she made her way back to the kitchen. She soon returned and set down two loaves of fresh bread, a block of cheese and a roasted leg of mutton. The scent of the fresh roasted meet is almost too much to bear on the cold wintry day.

Eyeing the table she asked "and what you wanting to wash it down with?"

As she waited for the drink order, the door opened and an elf walked in. Shaking the snow from her shoulders and long flowing silver locks the elf scanned the room. Her violet eyes lingering momentarily on several people before continuing on. After a few moments she moved into the inn and made her way to the Daven Silvershaft. As she approached she brushed the front of her blue tabard, emblazoned with a crescent moon and eight pointed star to straighten it. Her calm assurance and natural grace as she crossed the room bespoke one born to power.

Several people in the inn stopped what they were doing and are now pay attention to the elf. Some more overt than others.

If you want to identify the elf or the sigil on the tabard roll common knowledge -2
If you want to identify the sigil on the tabard you can roll Battle
If you want to hear what the elf is saying to Daven Silvershaft roll notice -2
There are a few games starting up if you want to play cards or dice for money. Roll gambling.
GM Stuff
Initiative

I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Llolfaen

Post by Llolfaen »

The door of the inn opened once more, letting in a chilly breeze and a few snow flakes as a darkly dressed lithe figure entered. The figure shook their cloak free of snow, then proceeded towards the bar but kept their hood pulled down over their face. They then, with a gloved hand, pulled out some coins and slid them across the bar. Speaking with a curious accent, the stranger spoke simply to the bar maid. "I need room and board."

Without waiting for a response, the figure turned on their heels and glanced round the bar-room for an empty seat. There were slim pickings in the crowded room and the few choice of seats left where by the assembled group. The figure seemed to tense for a moment before walking over, mumbled a greeting and seated themselves down to wait for their food. Curiously, the stranger kept their hood pulled down low and made no effort to remove their gloves either.

However, they did have their head slightly cocked as they glanced over at the silver haired elf.

Rolls
ADMIN EDIT by @Ndreare, ROLLS FROM OLD BOARD COPIED AND POST LOCKED

Common Knowledge 1d6-2 = 1: 3[Make removable]
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4[Make removable]

Notice 1d6: 6[Make removable]
Wild 1d6: 5[Make removable]
Notice Explodes 1d6+6 = 11: 5[Make removable]
Main Account: stormwell
Lucas Farley

Post by Lucas Farley »

A seasoned campaigner, Lucas digs into the food as soon as it arrives. He feels better as the heat from the fire soaks in. "You, sir', he he points to Clay, "One day you'll meet a horse that answers and have the shock of your life. Do you remember that one-legged dw-" Lucas breaks off when the elf enters. Returning to his meal and chewing slowly, Lucas watches carefully.
OOC Comments
ADMIN EDIT by @Ndreare, ROLLS FROM OLD BOARD COPIED AND POST LOCKED
CK
1d6-2 = 2: 4[Make removable]
1d6-2 = 3: 5[Make removable]

Battle
1d6: 5[Make removable]
1d6: 6[Make removable]
explody
1d6: 3[Make removable]

Notice
1d6-2 = 0: 2[Make removable]
1d6-2 = 0: 2[Make removable]
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Common Knowledge ID Elf and Sigil 9
Clean up on behalf of Clay by Rob

Common Knowledge 1d4-2 = 1: 3[Make removable]
Wild die 1d6: 6[Make removable], Ace 1d6: 5[Make removable] -2 = 9
Attempt to overhear Elf failed
Attempt to overhear Elf failed
Clean up on behalf of Clay by Rob

Notice 1d4-2 = 0: 2[Make removable]
Wild die 1d6-2 = 1: 3[Make removable]
See 2 posts below for narrative.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Ali »

I was cold and the people here would not exactly be happy about the fact that I had brought three Dire Wolves with me into their nice little valley. I glanced around trying to find the tavern that the nice lady had told me about. Figuring that I might as well keep walking I eventually turned a corner and saw a sign declaring Sleeping Dragons Inn. I lead my wolves over to a corner of the building, looking into their eyes I said,
“Stay here, stay warm, stay hidden.”
Standing up I tossed A few long stripes of jerky in front of them for when they wanted a snack, I would have to take them out later to hunt, but for now it should be fine for them to stay here. Turning and walking out of the crevasse I hurried inside; glancing around I noticed a man, his face scared in a few areas, next to him sat a lady who was pretty in a slim smooth way. A man who might have been a sorcerer sat on the other side. A person in a hooded cloak, and wearing gloves sat with them he had his head tilted in a curios way at the lady next to the scared man.
Walking over I took one of the empty seats at the table. Pulling down my hood I ordered some soup and started eating. I stared down at my food as I listened to the conversations around the room. These people might look like they could be trusted, but looks are not everything.
Ali, 4 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Clay starts to laugh at Lucas’ joke, then watches the Elf near the bar. He seems to recall her from somewhere.

Straining his ears Clay cannot hear what she’s saying.

”Lucas I think I know who that is. You recall her?”

Looking around at those assembled at the table by the fire, the scar faced warrior smiles warmly at the old human man Lucas, at the halflings Roland and Felicity, the half elf Ali (who’s name is yet unknown as she just sat down), and at the dark elf Llolfaen.

Leaning forward in his seat Clay states to those assembled by him, ”War has come to the Silver Marches. War may well be awful but it pays well. The High Lady of Silverymoon has sent a call far and wide. She needs help preserving the city of Silerymoon. Pay or not, the call seems a worthy one. I haven’t been to the gem of the north but I know this: the city welcomes all races. Also. I really want to see the Moon bridge. A magic bridge that crosses a river within the city. Come morning I am headed north to this city. You’re all welcome to travel with me.”

Leaning back in his chair the big human man named Clay watches those by him and also thinks about the Elf woman at the bar, why is she here?

Suddenly Clay laughs.

”I’m a dolt. That’s who she is. Nirithina of the Moonwood. She is a master wizard and has been in service to Silverymooon for a long time. Her Tabard bears the sigil of Silvermoon. We should talk to her. Maybe see if she is looking for people .... she is a long way from home. What say you? Should we invite her to our table?”
Last edited by Henry on Sun May 03, 2020 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Roland

Post by Roland »

Clay wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:41 pm Leaning forward in his seat Clay states to those assembled by him, ”War has come to the Silver Marches. War may well be awful but it pays well. The High Lady of Silverymoon has sent a call far and wide. She needs help preserving the city of Silerymoon. Pay or not, the call seems a worthy one. I haven’t been to the gem of the north but I know this: the city welcomes all races. Also. I really want to see the Moon bridge. A magic bridge that crosses a river within the city. Come morning I am headed north to this city. You’re all welcome to travel with me.”
Roland looks up from the warm food the soldier had purchased for him. "I happen to be looking for a place to be at this very moment. Even better I would love to see the Silver whatever they have up there." Then as his mind starts to wonder he asks. "So, tell me of this queen calling for help. In she married?"

Clay wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:41 pm ”I’m a dolt. That’s who she is. Nirithina of the Moonwood. She is a master wizard and has been in service to Silverymooon for a long time. Her Tabard bears the sigil of Silvermoon. We should talk to her. Maybe see if she is looking for people .... she is a long way from home. What say you? Should we invite her to our table?”
Mention of a Wizard has Roland suddenly on guard as if something may be amis. But when the sentence is concluded he looks to the elf and smiles. "Of course, the lass is more than welcomed. Its your table and we are only guests." Scooting over a bit the jovial fellow makes room for the lady while a small ice sprite chills everyone's morning ale and refills them from the pitcher.

Looking over at the young lady that joined them at the table Roland puts up his best smile. "Well you look like an adventurer yourself. What do you say, are you interested in helping protect the north. Perhaps with pay to be had? But first, what is you name lass?"
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Ali »

“My name is Ali, and yes I would like to travel with you,” I smiled, this was better, I didn’t need to ask them to travel with me to help my people. Instead the scarred man with the sword had already spoken. I paused, thinking,
What will they think if they come and see Mond, Jager, or Kampfer? Will they try and kill them, or will they just accept that I have pets?
“What’re your names?” I questioned.
Ali, 4 Bennies
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Roland

Post by Roland »

Ali wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:31 am “My name is Ali, and yes I would like to travel with you,” I smiled, this was better, I didn’t need to ask them to travel with me to help my people. Instead the scarred man with the sword had already spoken. I paused, thinking,
What will they think if they come and see Mond, Jager, or Kampfer? Will they try and kill them, or will they just accept that I have pets?
“What’re your names?” I questioned.
The short man smiled and offered a hand in greeting. "Pleasure to meat you Ali. I am Roland, sorcerer, master of the elements and charmer." the words come out with a flow that implies perhaps they are practiced.
GM requested rolls, 5 and 11 respectivly
Notice 1d4!! or 1d6!!: [3]+[5] = 8
Common Knowledge 1d4!! or 1d6!!: [2]+[11!!] = 13
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Ali »

I smiled again and took the offered hand, then looked at the rest of the party.
Ali, 4 Bennies
Llolfaen

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen observes at the new arrived Elf conversed with the inn keeper, even if she didn't know Elven it was clear that it was a matter that the inn keeper was less than happy about. The scarred human identified the Elf, which made Llolfaen frown as she didn't fancy her chances going up against a highly trained wizard in the event that she got unmasked. Her kind were still widely mistrusted and feared on the surface, hence why her family had lived in the shadows since their exile from below.

Her thoughts were interrupted when another Half-Elf joined them, a ranger or a hunter Llolfaen guessed. The new arrival introduced herself and then asked for the names of those seated round the table. One of the Halflings answered first, giving Llolfaen a chance to debate in her mind whether to give a false name. Yet at the same time she would receive less hassle if it seemed like she was being truthful and so she simply answered. "Llolfaen."

On the off chance that somebody drew the wrong conclusion, Llolfaen poised herself for flight. Recent trouble in Waterdeep was still fresh in her mind and she had no desire for it to follow her here, so she was hoping to keep a low profile and not be forced to action.
Lucas Farley

Post by Lucas Farley »

Clay wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:41 pm ”I’m a dolt. That’s who she is. Nirithina of the Moonwood. She is a master wizard and has been in service to Silverymooon for a long time. Her Tabard bears the sigil of Silvermoon. We should talk to her. Maybe see if she is looking for people .... she is a long way from home. What say you? Should we invite her to our table?”
Lucas nods. "I recognized the sigil, she is of the Spellguard. I remember her from the battle of Keeper's Dale."
Ali wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:31 am “What’re your names?” I questioned.
"Well met, Ali. I am Lucas Farley." He pauses expectantly, then sighs. "Once that name known the length of the Sword Coast. But those days are long passed."
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

After introductions are made Clay Leans back in his seat and looks over those assembled at the table.

”Well. Quite the interesting group of traveling adventurers gathered at the table. We all seem to have the same interest too. Get warm. Fed. Safe from the wilds outside tonight. Employment even.”

With a grin the big human man drops his mug on the table, after downing its contents of course.

“I think I will wonder over and introduce myself to the Elf, Nirithina. Invite her over.”

With that he lifts a large great sword wrapped in leathers and places the strap over his head to carry the blade on his back. No way he’s separating from the blade, even to walk across the room, and those watching can see the blade is not apparently in a state of ready use. He’d have to unwrap the blade to get it out.

Approaching Nirithina he nods and quietly talks with her.

“Good evening, my friends and I are headed to Silverymooon. I recognize you my lady. We were headed there to seek out employment. Might you have such information available? Would you care to join us in having some of the mostly decent food this place provides? I am Clay.”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Felicity Clover

Faith 3
Faith 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Common Knowledge 0
Common Knowledge 1d4-2!!: [3]-2 = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Battle 0
1d4-2!!: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6-2!!: [3]-2 = 1
Notice to overhear 1
Notice 1d6-2!!: [3]-2 = 1
Wild 1d6-2!!: [2]-2 = 0
1 Mirtul/Evening

“Ah, yes. Helm. Sourpuss,” Fliss chuckled, popping a slice of mutton into her mouth and then sipping her wine. “But then he is a bit of a sore point with the Lady,” she admitted.

When Clay pulled out his dice, Fliss smiled. “Oh, I think we could arrange a blessing, since you have so generously donated a meal.” She took the dice from Clay and pressed them between her small hands, closing her eyes. Her bowed lips moved in a silent prayer. Then she frowned and opened her eyes. “It seems the Lady’s smile is elsewhere this evening,” she said, handing back the dice. “Perhaps tomorrow.”

Then a tall, regal, silver-haired elven woman entered, and a ripple went through the crowd. Fliss had to stand, unladylike, up on her chair to see the woman. She was talking to the innkeeper, and Fliss couldn’t hear what they were saying over the noise of the common room.

Fliss also saw a lithe, cloaked figure enter from outside and then take a seat near their table, her hood remaining up, while another elven woman joined them at the table and ordered soup. “Hail and well met,” the redheaded halfling greeted the pair of them.

Leaning forward in his seat, Clay stated to those assembled by him, ”War has come to the Silver Marches. War may well be awful but it pays well. The High Lady of Silverymoon has sent a call far and wide. She needs help preserving the city of Silverymoon. Pay or not, the call seems a worthy one. I haven’t been to the gem of the north but I know this: the city welcomes all races. Also. I really want to see the Moon bridge. A magic bridge that crosses a river within the city. Come morning I am headed north to this city. You’re all welcome to travel with me.”

Fliss considered. “I just came from Silverymoon,” she admitted. “I was trying to head home to Cormyr before the war could cut me. I thought I could find someone in Waterdeep who knew the way. But I suppose if Silverymoon does need the help…” she considered, chewing on a piece of mutton thoughtfully. She pulled out a coin and flipped it.

Clay continued, ”I’m a dolt. That’s who she is. Nirithina of the Moonwood. She is a master wizard and has been in service to Silverymooon for a long time. Her Tabard bears the sigil of Silvermoon. We should talk to her. Maybe see if she is looking for people .... she is a long way from home. What say you? Should we invite her to our table?”

Fliss looked at the coin she had flipped and then slipped it back into her pouch. “I’m in!” she said. “Invite her to join us.”

Then the quiet elven woman -- no, she was half elven, now that Fliss saw her closer -- introduced herself as Ali.

“Well met, Ali,” the red haired, buxom halfling greeted, her green eyes brightening as she smiled and introduced herself to the half elf. “And welcome to what seems to be forming up into a merry band! And you too, Llolfaen,” she added, including the nearby cloaked figure. “The more the merrier.”
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Dice rolls
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

As the tall scarred warrior approached Niri, Devan took the distraction and left the conversation he was having with Niri. He walked to the other end of the bar. Niri turned to eye the warrior that had approached her then she gazed past him to the table he was sitting at and eye his companions.
Clay wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:34 pm
“Good evening, my friends and I are headed to Silverymooon. I recognize you my lady. We were headed there to seek out employment. Might you have such information available? Would you care to join us in having some of the mostly decent food this place provides? I am Clay.”
Ever graceful Niri extend the back of her hand to the warrior and inclined her head. I am afraid you have me at a disadvantage for I do not recognize you. I see word has traveled faster than me. I am here in service to Silverymoon and yes the High Mage has sent the call to arms. While you appear quite capable and would be an excellent soldier, I do not think your friends would serve that duty as easily as yourself."

The door swung open again and a half elf in light leather and carrying a long bow walked in. She did not look well. She quickly approached Niri and blushed sorry mi lady. You were right and this trip was no better."

Niri turn to the half elf and said hush my child. There is no reason to apologize." she pointed to the tall human warrior and said "Ellaria, this strong warrior here is Clay and he is seeking employment for himself and his friends. I think he will prove quite capable." turning back to Clay she said I would love to join you for a meal and I thank you for your hospitality but I am afraid my business with the innkeep is not yet complete. If I give him half a chance he will find a way to avoid me. So maybe next time. Please enjoy your meal and know that Ellaria here is in the High Mage's service. She has something that you may be interested in and might even earn you a fair bit of coin. Now if yo please kind sir, I beg your leave. Niri inclined head even further this time.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

When Nirithina extend the back of her hand towards Clay he took it carefully with his off hand. One’s sword hand stays empty and ready for the blade. He liked that it didn’t seem to bother her, his lack of upper crust manners. He was what he was.

The swordsman’s smile almost faltered when the Elf stared: ”... do not think your friends would serve that duty as easily as yourself."

The door swinging open again and a half elf in light leather and carrying a long bow rushing in to Nirithina probably saved Clay from saying something stupid about books, covers, and judging them.

When the Elf made her departure after introducing Ellaria, Clay quietly nodded a farewell and then took in Ellaria.

”Greetings m’lady. Are you alright? Please come, sit. Tell us what’s going on.”

Walking with Ellaria to the group if adventurers and the table by the fire the scarred warrior nods at those assembled.

”Sounds like we got a job. All of us. This is Ellaria. I’ll let her explain.”

Returning the wrapped up great sword to rest against, at hand, the wall, Clay sits down to listen to the tale, absently signaling to the bar maid for a refill.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Llolfaen

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen silently cursed under her breath, she'd rather that the great big scarred oaf hadn't just dragged everyone into some foolhardy venture. If she tried backing out chances were that questions would be raised, questions that she rather not have asked. She already had trouble a-plenty to contend with and could most certainly do without more being piled on top.

"Fine." She sighed, then went back to eating her meal.
Felicity Clover

1 Mirtul/Evening

Felicity sat up straighter as Clay returned to the table with a half elf and said she had a job for them. Well, some coin would be good. She couldn’t beg her way all the way back to Cormyr.

“Happy to help!” Fliss said cheerily.
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Ellaria

Post by Ellaria »

As Ellaria sat down, she caught the bar maid's attention to add a second drink to whatever Clay had just ordered. She didn't much care what it was, she just needed something to wash the taste out her mouth. Thankfully there had been no one around to see her vomitting, unless one counted horses and, strangely, 3 remarkably well-behaved wolves she'd noticed as she'd made her way inside the inn.

Her mind raced as she tried to piece together exactly what she was supposed to do. Alustriel had said she was to help Nirithina recruit adventurers to the High Mage's cause. Nirithina, on the other hand, seemed to have handed that task off entirely to Ellaria. It all seemed a little strange to her but no doubt it would make sense in good time.

Pushing her confusion aside, she offered up a silent vow I will not fail you, my lady before unknowingly echoing what Clay had said earlier.

"Your friend is right, in at least as much as their is the potential for work. War has come to the Silver Marches and the High Mage of Silverymoon seeks adventurers to join her cause. I am already pledged to her service and I am here looking for the right people to "solve a problem" as the High Mage put it. Whether you six are those right people I could not at this moment say but given that fate seems to have brought us together this night, I am willing to entertain the possibility." She paused, gratefully accepting the drink the bar maid had brought. Draining half of it in one swift gulp to cleanse her mouth, she continued. "It is a long walk back to Silverymoon and I have no means to pay you before then. If it is adventure you seek, or glory, or simply to serve a higher cause, then walk with me. If it is merely coin you are after then I suggest we do not waste each other's time."
Ellaria
  • Pace: 8(d8); Parry: 4; Toughness: Toughness(Armor) 6(1)
    Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities: None
    Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3; PP: 00/00
    Bennies: 0/3; Conviction: 0/1

Edit Signature
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Clay smiles around the table at Ellaria, Llolfaen, Lucas, Roland, Ali and Fliss.

“I have a horse. Maybe we could find a wagon. I’m sure he’d love to pull it. I’ll inquire with the owner to see if he knows about any wagons or such. Otherwise we can take turns or just load supplies on him. Nice enough horse just don’t ever take directions from him. His name is Lost for a reason.”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

1 Mirtul 1370/Late Evening
Freezing Storm

As Clay returned to his table Niri followed Devan to the end of the bar. The conversation quickly became heated and Niri raised her voice. "Devan please. The high mage needs your help. She is asking as a friend." Realizing how loud she had gotten she stopped and regained her composure.

Devan just continued to shake his head and spoke softly to her. Niri turned and walked away from Devan. As she crossed the room, she spotted Clay. Approaching him and his companions Niri inclined her head "Does the offer of a shared meal still stand, Master Clay?" She moved to a seat and waited for his confirmation before sitting.

"Of course mi lady." Clay said rising to his feet.

Nirir took her seat and looked over the people seated at the table already. "I am Nirithina of the Moonwood. It is a pleasure to meet all of you. I see you have already met my companion Ellaria. Please let us enjoy a good hot meal and each others talk." Nirir gestured for the bar maid to bring more food and drink. Then she settled down to enjoy the warmth of the fire and fine elven wine.

It had long been dark out when Niri finally rose from the table."I have enjoyed you company and your tales one and all. Please know that the quest my young friend has" Niri swept her hand at Ellaria "is an important one. The trip back to Sivlerymoon will be a hard one if this winter does not let up. If you decide to help her in this time of need I can offer 200 crowns to purchase any supplies you might need. If I may take your leave, I shall retire now." Pausing before she left she turned to Ell "I leave for WaterDeep on the morrow. Please continue your quest and when you have the party you need return to Silverymoon. Do not wait for me."
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Clay stood as she left.

In Elven: “Farewell.”

Nodding to the others the fighter says in Common:
“I’ll pay for the meals and drinks now, check on that damned horse, and be back in a few.”

Lifting the large sword, wrapped in leathers, Clay slings it across his back with a custom built strap.

Settling up at the bar he wraps his cloak around himself before heading outside into the cold with what looks like a carrot, likely for the horse.

A little while later the scarred man returns to the fire rubbing warmth into his hands, chewing on the carrot and setting the leather wrapped sword against the wall.

“Hrump. I think I forgot to tie the horse up. Dumb beast is lost. Gone, no idea where he went. I never was much good at horses. My carrot now.

What supplies do you think we need before we head out?”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Roland

Post by Roland »

Listening to the conversation at the table Roland nods along. "I am interested in this work for certain. But for my commission fee I will ask protection. It seems to some unscrupulous men my small stature is enough that more than one has chosen to wrongly accused me of misdeeds and even assailed me on more than one occasion."

Looking at the weapons and obvious signs of competence from the group he finishes. "So, if you are willing to fight beside and protect me, I am willing to fight beside and protect you."
Felicity Clover

Freezing Storm

When Nirithina joined them, she seemed good company. Felicity was delighted to hear she was from the Moonwood. “Do you know Caelynn Sionnedel?” she asked. “She’s a friend of mine, a ranger. We met in Silverymoon. I left her in Nesme.” Fliss grew more subdued at that thought, knowing her friend had a great fight ahead of her when they had parted. She hoped the moon elf ranger was all right, and said a quick prayer to Tymora on her behalf.

The offer of two hundred crowns was very generous, and would likely be put to good use if they were traveling in the winter.

Fliss looked up when Clay returned. “”I am sorry for the loss of your horse,” she said. “And of course, Roland, we would protect you if we travel together!” she reassured the other halfling.

“We should probably get a good night of sleep,” Fliss told the others, rubbing her last two gold together nervously.
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Bennies: 4/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Roland

Post by Roland »

Accepting the words for true Roland confirmed with his own reply. "Then I am in!" Then turning to the half elf at the end of the table he asks @Ali "That leaves you, what say you are you in for adventure?"
Llolfaen

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen finished her meal, only sharing the odd word when prompted as she listened to the other talk. This...party seemed a curious mix, processing as it did of a couple of halflings with a couple of humans and couple of others with elven heritage. The half-folk concerned the dark elf the most, though more the fact she considered them to be a liability but they still acknowledged they might have a surprise or two up their sleeves. The human fighter Clay seemed brave and strong enough, though he tended to let his mouth wander.

They appeared, presumably, to be a capable bunch but Llolfaen wondered how capable they were. Too capable could pose problems for her if things went sour. Still, they hadn't asked too many questions about her person.
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Ali »

“Yes, I would love to join you.” I looked at the person I thought would be the leader, Clay, (Don’t actually know if Clay would lead us, he looks like a tank and he would know the most about adventuring) “May I leave this table?”
Ali, 4 Bennies
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Clay nods at those assembled around the table.

“I’m off to bed. Granted I’m not used to an actual bed. I set my bedroll down on the room floor. If any of you need a room tonight. The bed and several chairs are free. Room 3. I’ll see you in the morning.”

Grabbing the large sword wrapped in leather the big man heads upstairs a mug of beer in his hand.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Felicity Clover

Freezing Storm

“Might take you up on that offer, Mister Clay,” Felicity said. She blushed a bit. “I am a bit short on coin at the moment, until we get paid, or I can hit the tables.” She gathered her things to follow the large human up the stairs. In the room, she leaned her things in the corner by the bed and started to unstrap her armor to get ready for bed.
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Bennies: 4/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Ali »

I stood up and walked out the door, turning the corner I waved at my wolves. They trotted forward and followed me out of town.

After their hunger was satisfied we walked back to the inn. “Stay here,” I said, gesturing at the place they had sat while I was talking to the other adventurers. They curled up and blinked at me, “Good night.” I bought a room and drifted off.
Ali, 4 Bennies
Ellaria

Post by Ellaria »

Ellaria watched the others head off to bed, paying particular attention to one of them, the one who hadn't shown their face the entire evening. Hiding from someone no doubt, but who?

I don't know if they're who I need, but they're who I've got right now. I wonder how many of them will still be with me when we reach Silverymoon.. Truth be told, Ellaria didn't expect more than half of the six she'd met tonight to stick with her but she hoped to be surprised.

I should tell them what they're getting in to. The big one, Clay was it, had talked about heading off on an adventure. Maybe it would be at that, but it was was an adventure in the middle of a war. He looks like he's seen war, but the rest?

She spent a few more moments in quiet contemplation of the journey ahead then went to see about getting her own room for the night. Morning, and the conversations it would bring, would come soon enough.
Ellaria
  • Pace: 8(d8); Parry: 4; Toughness: Toughness(Armor) 6(1)
    Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities: None
    Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3; PP: 00/00
    Bennies: 0/3; Conviction: 0/1

Edit Signature

Return to “Adventures”