• Stealth d6
  • Survival d6
Languages:
  • Chondathan d8
  • Common d6
  • Elven d6
  • Sylvan d6
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honour: The character keeps his word and acts like a lady.
  • Mild Mannered: -2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Outsider (Minor): -2 to Persuasion rolls with all but others of their kind.
  • Vow (Minor): Sworn to the service of Alustriel Silverhand
Edges and Racial Abilities:
  • Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls.
  • Elven Heritage: Start with a d6 in agility. This increases the maximum to d12+1
  • Fleet Footed: The hero’s Pace is increased by +2 and his
    running die increases one step (from d6 to d8,
    for example)
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for Dim and Dark Illumination.
Gear:
  • Longbow
  • Quiver w/ 20 arrows
  • Bundle of 20 spare arrows
  • Knife x 2
  • Light Leather jacket and leggings
  • Bedroll
  • Candle
  • Flint & Steel
  • Soap
  • Waterskin
  • Whetstone
  • 25 gold
Last edited by Ellaria on Tue May 19, 2020 10:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ellaria
  • Pace: 8(d8); Parry: 4; Toughness: Toughness(Armor) 6(1)
    Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities: None
    Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3; PP: 00/00
    Bennies: 0/3; Conviction: 0/1

Edit Signature
Ellaria

Re: Ellaria

Post by Ellaria »

Ellaria blinked furious tears out of her eyes as she bore left on to the road that lead to Mirrorman's Mill. She'd needed to get away, it'd been 3 days since she'd buried her grandfather and the sympathy of the Dalesfolk, though well-meaning, was beginning to wear on her. Shadowdale had been her grandfather's home, and her father's, not hers and she felt out of place. Even the long months spent her helping her grandfather through his final days had done little to change that.

Can't stay here. Can't go home.. she thought angrily, barely noticing what was left of Sylune's hut as she trudged past.

"Ellaria" A gentle voice calling her name, the sound drifting on the wind

"Ellaria" Again, a voice called her, closer, louder.

She stopped, turning towards the sound then gasped, her mouth agape. She'd heard rumours of course, everyone who spent any time in Shadowdale had..

"Lady Sylune!" she chopped out as she fought herself back under control. She'd never met the Witch of Shadowdale when she was alive but there was no mistaking the ghostly form approaching.

"Please, just Sylune. Why, I'm very nearly your godmother." the ghostly woman said with a smile as she stepped up alongside Ellaria. The smile quickly faded to a frown as she saw the young half-elf's expression. "Your father never told you, did he." Slipping a ghostly arm in to the crook of Ellaria's elbow she continued. "Walk with me child, we can tell each other tales."

Ellaria just nodded dumbly, wiping the tears from her eyes as she fell into step with Sylune. "I knew your father, years ago. He did me a great service once, before you were born, and I, in turn, considered him a friend. When he came to me and asked if he could make his first born my namesake I told him not to be so daft." The ghost smiled softly at the memory, then continued. "By the end of that evening we'd come to an agreement. He could name you after me but not as your first name and definitely not Sylune, I wouldn't wish that on anyone."

"Anastra." Ellaria murmured. "Your name is Anastra."

"Yes child" Sylune confimed "But that knowledge is yours to keep, a secret between friends." As Ellaria nodded once again, Sylune continued, a touch of briskness colouring her tone. "Now child, what brings you trudging up here like the weight of the world is on your shoulders."

Ellaria sighed, wiping fresh tears from her eyes before straightening her shoulders and beginning her tale.

Sylune knew, of course, that Ellaria had lost her both her parents in the war of 1356 and that her grandfather had moved to Deepingdale to raise her. She hadn't known why he had moved south rather than bringing Ellaria north to Shadowdale but it soon became clear. The young half-elf talked of meeting a dryad in the forest near Highmoon, slipping out from her grandfather's care to spend time leaning the ways of the forest and the fey creatures that inhabited it. Sylune was sure that the dryad was once Ellaria's grandmother, centuries before and equally sure that any man that had raised a man like her father could not be that inattentive when raising his granddaughter. Not unless it was deliberate anyway. Smiling inwardly, Sylune waved Ellaria to a seat on the steps of Mirrorman's Mill, a refreshing breeze blowing in over the millpond as the tale continued.

"So that's why I can't go home." Ellaria finished some time later. "Just because I beat that horrible woman. After what she said about Mother, she deserved it, too, but now she says I'd be a distraction because of the all the people that want to be the one to beat me. It's sooo stupid." Stamping her foot angrily, Ellaria sounded years younger than she truly was. The contest had been open to all members of the Deepingdale militia but it was clear that the leader of Deepingdale's Archer's companies had not expected anyone not a full elf to shoot a qualifing score, let alone outscore everyone else on the field. "If Mother was alive, she'd be in charge and then there'd be no "Elves only" nonsense. I can shoot just as well as they can, better even!"

It was Sylune's turn to nod, a thoughtful expression on her ghostly features. "Well child, I told you your father did me a service once. Now perhaps I can return the favour and help his only child." She paused, pursing her lips briefly in thought then continued. "My sister Alustriel is seeking aid. Now, the High Wood is not Cormanthyr but your knowledge might serve her well." She gave Ellaria a smile then added "And some time away from the Dales might serve you well. They will still be here when you chose to return..

-------------------------------------

"So, my sister says you speak the language of the forest and know some of it's ways." Alustriel said as she gazed out of the window of the plushly appointed antechamber Ellaria had been shown to. The journey to Silverymoon had been...abrupt... for one unused to such forms of travel and Ellaria had spent several moments dry-heaving in the secluded side street she'd arrived in before she'd been able to make her way to the palace and seek an audience with Alustriel. She'd nearly lost her nerve upon seeing the guard outside but Sylune had been true to her word, the young half-elf had been expected. She'd had to wait, of course, but eventually Alustriel had joined her, sweeping in to the room. If Silverymoon had left her somewhat awestruck, meeting Alustriel for the first time had finished the job. The High Lady of the Silver Marches had a presence Ellaria hadn't experienced from either Storm or Sylune, a presence that swelled her heart, blowing away the sorrow that had filled it. "It is highly possible that the endeavour for which Sylune recommended you will lead to the High Forest." Turning to face Ellaria, she added. "What say you. Will you join me?" only to find the young half-elf down on one knee, her fist clenched over her heart.

"Yes, my lady."
Last edited by Ellaria on Fri May 01, 2020 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ellaria

Edit Signature
Ellaria

Re: Ellaria

Post by Ellaria »

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Alertness, +1 Agi
  • Novice 1 Advance: Soldier
Ellaria

Edit Signature
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Ellaria, Half-Elven Archer

Post by Technospawn »

Approved.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Ellaria

Post by Ellaria »

@Technospawn +1 to hit bow as Patron item please. I'll convert it to an heirloom later.

I've taken fleet-footed instead of soldier, the +1 bow makes soldier unnecessary. Will also amend gear assuming the bow is ok.
Ellaria

Edit Signature
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Approved.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

Return to “Archives”