The Game We Want

Game Options

Stick with what we've got going forward. (More or less Shadowrunners from Shadowrun)
75%
Mix it up and change the game to be monster slayers.
25%
Its been a long time since we did anything and the game is hazy. Lets reboot it entirely and go with law enforcement!
No votes
Other: Ill post what I mean below.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

The Game We Want

Post by Koshnek »

Option 1) You guys are all more or less locals. You're part of the underground scene. People, corps, gangs and criminal organizations need things done. You tend to be "good" guys, but there are times where the jobs can be "morally grey" at best. Celebrating your last gig together, the team met up at the Downside, a bar for those in the know as well as local patrons. A mysterious, well equipped black-ops team attacked the bar in the middle of the night. The team helped fend them off, and Kit, the proprietor, is looking for answers. You're expecting a job from her in the morning.

You guys will accrue enemies in this line of work, but you will probably have the most freedom to do what you want if we continue down this storyline. There's not much else to add other than that. There are also general safe houses now, which I will eventually post anyway, but I expect it to be most relevant to this campaign as opposed to the other two.

Option 2) Monster hunting! We can do new characters, or work to keep our existing characters in the game. We either wrap up whatever Kit has going on for us and move into the new gig, or we can reboot entirely. Then we commence with getting rid of all the things that go bump in the night.

If we go this route, there will be some considerations to keep in mind. You'll either be working for UBID (the Unnatural Biological Interdiction Department), a municipal organization in Chicago, or you will be independently owned and operated. City might be more "go here, do this, get paid" without much of a consideration to helping the little guy. Independent might give you more opportunities to help the less fortunate, but its possible you might miss out on some opportunities available from the city.

Your characters are much more likely to deal with Fear, and there is a horror element to this style of campaign. But, on the plus side, you will have access to new gizmos, gadgets and tactics to combat, capture and/or kill the things that go bump in the night!

Option 3) Law enforcement. This one necessitates new characters. If you can work your existing character into a force-friendly character, then that might be ok. But you're definitely the cops now. You get an extra origin, and you also get requisition points to help out with gear. But, that doesn't necessarily mean things are any easier... :)

If we decide to play law enforcement, you'll be working as beat cops for Ravenlocke Security in southern Chicago. This is where rookies are sent to cut their teeth (and to weed out the weak). South Chicago is not nice. Additionally, despite being law enforcement, you will actually be employees of a multinational corporation. It could be possible that you might have to decide whether or not you're on the straight and narrow. There could be consequences either way. (There is literally a corruption mechanic that would be introduced, so take from that what you will).

You will have access to more, better gear and vehicles (along with a requisition point system for gear - you are not allowed to use personal weapons you may purchase with your pay while on the job). As a LEO, you will be perfectly able to carry that gear with you anywhere within Chicago. However, the downside is that you have to follow Chicago's law with regards to force, and blasting gangers away with rocket launchers will not get you very far in life.

There are also some additional hindrances/edges that interplay with Corruption & Requisition that will be made available. Overall, this option will likely feel slightly higher powered due to the little bump at the start from dual origins plus requisition gear. Then you will still have access to personal arms and armor you may buy with your salary for outside of work. It's probably smart to have some personal protection, especially if you decide to do any "free lancing."

Option 4) Tell me what you want!
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: The Game We Want

Post by Koshnek »

I've got 4/5 votes with a majority. We'll go with option one. I will move this post into the archive at some point to de-clutter the main forum.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5

Return to “Data Archive”